03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
According to Schefter.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Backup is where he's always belonged.

Good for him.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
At first I chuckle, but then I realize that he's an above average backup. You can certainly do far worse.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
That sound you just heard was fireworks going off at all the local Dallas area strip clubs.

sinuous sausage
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
That sound you just heard was fireworks going off at all the local Dallas area strip clubs.

There's a high density of them down here

Rohirrim
One of the better back ups in the league. Good for him.

baja
Good move by Dallas

bendog
03-14-2012, 10:34 AM
At first I chuckle, but then I realize that he's an above average backup. You can certainly do far worse.

Depends on his attitude, imo. If he understands and buys into his role of preparing each week as if he was going to start while knowing he'll most likely not play, he's a good backup option.

crowebomber
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
"Kyle Orton ‏ <s>@</s>KingNeckbeard (http://twitter.com/#%21/KingNeckbeard) Some dude told me that Dallas has a ton of slutty cougar skanks with fake titties.... So of course I'm visiting the Cowboys. <s>#</s>priorities (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23priorities)

broncosteven
Orton is the Tom Brady of Career Backups. He should have a good time chugging Jack in TX.

R8R H8R
One of the better back ups in the league. Good for him.

Not after Manning sign's with the Broncos. ;)

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
With the way Romo gets hurt, this is a good opportunity for Orton. I'd love for him to monkey wrench Jerra Jone's evil empire.

vancejohnson82
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
if the Cowboys start slow he could see the field

TonyR
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Not after Manning sign's with the Broncos. ;)

LOL Well played.

Gutless Drunk
Can't believe we ever gave this guy starter money or that anyone ever thought he was more then a back-up

"I know where my game is at" - Yes, Kyle, now you do.

broncocalijohn
Looks like we know where TheElusiveKyleOrton will be posting as of today.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Can't believe we ever gave this guy starter money or that anyone ever thought he was more then a back-up

"I know where my game is at" - Yes, Kyle, now you do.

To be fair, we really didn't pay him starter money the majority of the time he was here. He made around $2.5 mil for each of 2009 and 2010 and then collected $6 mil from us last year. That's nothing for a starting QB.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks like we know where TheElusiveKyleOrton will be posting as of today.

Yep. Right here. Strong take as always.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
To be fair, we really didn't pay him starter money the majority of the time he was here. He made around $2.5 mil for each of 2009 and 2010 and then collected $6 mil from us last year. That's nothing for a starting QB.

it's more than he's worth because he's not a starting QB, he's a very good back up QB.

If he was a starting QB you'd think kc would have kept him around...

R8R H8R
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
LOL Well played.

Thank you, I couldn't let that one go, just stirring the pot.:stirstir:

Srsly, while I am very happy he is not starting for us anymore, I have always felt he got a raw deal from the fans from the get go.

He was hated when he got here because he wasn't Cutler, and then hated because he wasn't Tebow. He just couldn't win(pun intended), and then mercifully let go.

Anyway, I think he gets a better shake at things w/ the Cowboys. The fans there are a Romo int. away from revolt, and will be calling for Orton...until of course, he throws his own pick six.

lolcopter
03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
McGee is better

BroncoBen
03-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Well good for the Cowboys and good for Orton.. I believe the Cowboys were one of the teams trying to pick up Orton off of waivers when the Broncos cut him.

HILife
03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
McGee is better

McGee?

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Washington+Wizards+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+DhPvH1uAZi Gl.jpg

Butterscotch Stallion
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Good move for the Cowboys. They now have two Qbs incapable of winning an important game.

Taco John
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Yep. Right here. Strong take as always.

Just the fact you are on the first page of this thread is good enough for me. Dont take the ribbing too hard especially since your moniker has the words "Kyle" and "Orton" in it. Add "Elusive" for kicks and giggles.

pricejj
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Just as I thought...

Last year, I surmised that by refusing to be traded to Miami, Orton had relegated himself to being a back-up in the NFL for the rest of his career. Last year's schedule dictated that Orton would have to go 3-0, to start the year, to keep his job. Of course, he did not, and the rest is history. I figured that Orton would have started in Miami in 2011, and probably be the starter in 2012...I was right. Just like his play indicates, he is happy playing 2nd fiddle, and I'm so happy he is no longer in Denver.

1. If Orton DID sign with Miami in 2011, he would have been the starter in 2011 and 2012.
2. Orton DID NOT sign with Miami, and is now backing up Tony Romo in Dallas, never to be a starter again.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
I figured that Orton would have started in Miami in 2011, and probably be the starter in 2012...I was right.

Ummmm, what am I missing? You cannot say you were right about that when there's absolutely no proof of this.

Don't hurt anything patting yourself on the back though.

Drunk Monkey
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Heard him on the radio here in Dallas this morning. As you can expect he said he really wanted to get out of Denver. The Tebow circus was not fun. He also didn't feel sorry for Teebs with the Manning situation. I think he likes us just about as much as we like him.

Miss I.
03-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Eh, I liked Orton. He handled the circus as well as anyone and probably better than others. I think he's a very good back up QB and wish him well and hope she scores some skanks and JackD in Dallas. He's got all the cheerleaders too so he will be okay.

pricejj
03-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Ummmm, what am I missing? You cannot say you were right about that when there's absolutely no proof of this.

Don't hurt anything patting yourself on the back though.

...the post from 8/3/2011:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3240818&postcount=296

..an excerpt from the post on 8/3/2011:

Worst case scenario - Miami:
Orton signs 2-3 year deal with guaranteed money. Starts this year, team shows no signs of improvement, goes into camp next year battling with a rookie or journeyman QB for the starting job. If Miami goes 7-9 (like last year), they don't draft a top-flight QB. Orton likely begins next year as the starter.

Basically, if the Broncos don't make the playoffs this year, or come damn close, Orton can kiss any chances of getting a legitimate chance at starting ever again in the NFL goodbye.

Good luck Orton. That's what you get for screwing us in the Miami trade. GO BRONCOS!!!

The Dolphins finished the year 6-10, and are drafting #8. They may actually select Tannehill with that pick, but I doubt it. Even if they did, Orton would have began the year as the starter in Miami. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. :-*

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Heard him on the radio here in Dallas this morning. As you can expect he said he really wanted to get out of Denver. The Tebow circus was not fun. He also didn't feel sorry for Teebs with the Manning situation. I think he likes us just about as much as we like him.

translation: butthurt

he folded like a cheap lawn chair. Broncos gave him the starting job, he folded. 'Nuff said.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
...the post from 8/3/2011:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3240818&postcount=296

..an excerpt from the post on 8/3/2011:

The Dolphins finished the year 6-10, and are drafting #8. They may actually select Tannehill with that pick, but I doubt it. Even if they did, Orton would have began the year as the starter in Miami. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. :-*

You're not making sense. Where is the proof that he would've started in Miami last year and next? Just because you said it?

Think logically. We got nothing for him. If Miami was intent on making him their starter, then why didn't they offer ANYTHING for him or sign him when he was a FA? If a guy is going to be my unquestioned starter, a third or fourth rounder is nothing to give up in exchange. And the Broncos would've definitely taken that.

pricejj
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
You're not making sense. Where is the proof that he would've started in Miami last year and next? Just because you said it?

Think logically. We got nothing for him. If Miami was intent on making him their starter, then why didn't they offer ANYTHING for him or sign him when he was a FA? If a guy is going to be my unquestioned starter, a third or fourth rounder is nothing to give up in exchange. And the Broncos would've definitely taken that.

Orton nixed the trade because he thought he deserved a big $$, longterm contract. Miami wanted to restructure, because Orton was slated to make $9M in 2011...Miami was offering a draft pick, and the Broncos wanted to get it done.

Orton ruined it, and it is obvious now, he is all about the money, not actually starting and playing in football games. I can't believe the Cowbows signed him for $4M per year to sit the bench.