PDA

View Full Version : Instant Offense

Tomeboy58801
03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Here is my take, if we sign Manning, I say we bring in Dallas Clark and give up our first round pick for Mike Wallace. This would be a great offense Mike Wallace on one side, Demarious Thomas on the other side, and Eric Decker in the Slot. Peyton Manning would have fantastic options. Defensively we need a CB, DT, S, ILB. We can sign some free agents to fill those areas, I like Terrence Newman, Paul Solial, Dan Connor or London Fletcher, Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson. What you guys think

bloodsunday
03-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Clark makes sense because our TE position is weak in terms of pass catching. Not sure I buy the going in for Mike Wallace bit. If you get Manning, you probably need 1 or 2 complimentary pieces (like Clark) and a cheaper WR for depth. Then you use the remaining pieces to shore up a bad defense that could be losing 2 or 3 starters between FA and suspension.

tsiguy96
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM
demaryius thomas and mike wallace? wow.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Might as well give the steelers another pick foe Wallace.

spdirty
03-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Everything is dependent on whether we sign manning. We sign him, I think we go for broke trying to piece a contender together right now. If not, build primarily through the draft, be patient, hope to have a contender in 3 years.

Chris
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Everything is dependent on whether we sign manning. We sign him, I think we go for broke trying to piece a contender together right now. If not, build primarily through the draft, be patient, hope to have a contender in 3 years.

Why is the latter such a bad plan? Jeez.

Irish Stout
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM

It's not. It's just a slower plan. And all roads to the future are clouded with the mists of the unknown... so who knows if you spend one off season or five years building a championship team whether they will succeed or not.

The thing is, the FO clearly thinks they have a shot NOW if they get a few pieces into place. I'd rather plan on winning a super bowl this year and worry about years into the future when those years start catching up with the present.

Drunk Monkey
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Here is my take, if we sign Manning, I say we bring in Dallas Clark and give up our first round pick for Mike Wallace. This would be a great offense Mike Wallace on one side, Demarious Thomas on the other side, and Eric Decker in the Slot. Peyton Manning would have fantastic options. Defensively we need a CB, DT, S, ILB. We can sign some free agents to fill those areas, I like Terrence Newman, Paul Solial, Dan Connor or London Fletcher, Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson. What you guys think

Newman sucks major donkey balls. If the Cowboys get rid of him we want no part of him. I am a little meh on Wallace for our 1st also. I think adding Clark to what we already have would be enough for the great Manning. He has done more with less in the past. I think that 1st pick needs to go D. Wallace is a luxury we can't afford.

ludo21
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
if we sign solialia, i would love that actually

Orange_Beard
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
I like the Wallace idea. Get a young proven wide out for the 25th pick in the draft.

I think Clark is worn out.

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
I think that if you just go out and sign a bunch of free agents and expect them to gel right away, then you probably have been congratulating the Redskins on their 10th consecutive championship.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I think we still wont be able to cover even dog **** WR/QB combos

Just like last year. Sup Vikings.

Orange_Beard
03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I think that if you just go out and sign a bunch of free agents and expect them to gel right away, then you probably have been congratulating the Redskins on their 10th consecutive championship.

If you sigh a great QB, got to have some wideouts.

Redskins are still short a QB.

Heyneck
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM

Because Mr. Bowlen is getting OLD like Adams and wants to win right now, and Elway got butt hurt that Tebow became more popular (until the Manning hunt down).

BroncoBen
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Not to keen on Terrence Newman... its a interesting take on Mike Wallace, not sure WR is high on the list for the Broncos... with or without Manning becoming a Bronco.

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Not to keen on Terrence Newman... its a interesting take on Mike Wallace, not sure WR is high on the list for the Broncos... with or without Manning becoming a Bronco.

From a WR perspective we have our #1 and #2. We need trench work on both sides of the ball and a better MLB. We don't need a corner. We also need better, younger runningbacks. Build from the middle out...not from the outside-in

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
From a WR perspective we have our #1 and #2. We need trench work on both sides of the ball and a better MLB. We don't need a corner. We also need better, younger runningbacks. Build from the middle out...not from the outside-in

Looks like Andre Goodman took over Garcia's account...

houghtam
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Looks like Andre Goodman took over Garcia's account...

But Goodman's just misunderstood, Beantown. All those times he was staring at the back of the WR's jersey, he was actually playing well.

Jay3
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah, makes sense. Get Peyton Manning, and we'll need to upgrade the supporting cast.

WHen it was Tebow, he was holding back the Pro Bowl talent on the roster.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
I like the Wallace idea. Get a young proven wide out for the 25th pick in the draft.

I'd rather have a DT like Stills or Worthy or a CB

kappys
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Mike Wallace is going to cost a lot. I think we would be better off fixing the LG-C position to protect Manning. If we can really pass protect well then with Payton Manning at the helm it almost doesn't matter who his receivers are.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd rather have a DT like Stills or Worthy or a CB

Still. Not Stills.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Still. Not Stills.

Whatever

Mogulseeker
03-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't be opposed.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Still. Not Stills.

In his defense, we do need at least two DTs.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
In his defense, we do need at least two DTs.

Are you suggesting we sign him and immediately procure a healthy ovum?

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM

I was hoping for a faster solution. Thought maybe he had a brother named Cooper.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Do what you want, but Still isn't Worthy.

C WUT I DID THAR? Hilarious!

go_broncos
03-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Manning will be a Titan..Tebow will be our QB