PDA

View Full Version : "Denver ain't your kind of town. There ain't no gold, and there ain't nobody like me"

Bronco Rob
03-14-2012, 12:51 AM
'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee."

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20168448/denver-broncos-still-waitin-peyton-and-additional-tidbits

;)

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 01:16 AM
This article has a lot of old news in it.

MagicHef
03-14-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't really get the whole "huge rift between Tebow and Elway" theory. For that to happen, Tebow has to either be rather unintelligent (believing that Manning would not be an upgrade) or rather selfish (believing that his needs are more important than the team's). From everything I've seen, neither is true. Of course, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have a desire to start, and that desire may lead to him requesting a trade. It just seems to be universally accepted that Tebow can't coexist with Elway anymore, and I just don't see it.

Durango
03-14-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't really get the whole "huge rift between Tebow and Elway" theory. For that to happen, Tebow has to either be rather unintelligent (believing that Manning would not be an upgrade) or rather selfish (believing that his needs are more important than the team's). From everything I've seen, neither is true. Of course, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have a desire to start, and that desire may lead to him requesting a trade. It just seems to be universally accepted that Tebow can't coexist with Elway anymore, and I just don't see it.

I have to believe this full court press to land Manning has inalterably damaged the relationship between Tim Tebow and Bronco management. I agree the Broncos will likely trade Tebow whether the team lands Manning or not, AND you can't help but think John Elway has Brandon Weedon in his sights to groom behind Manning. I know. I know. Weedon is older than Larry King, but he has all the tools to be an possible starter for the Broncos for 6+ seasons. More importantly, he fits the Elway mold of what an NFL QB should be.

Shananahan
03-14-2012, 05:07 AM
I agree the Broncos will likely trade Tebow whether the team lands Manning or not
Well, what are they waiting for?

Blueflame
03-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Well, what are they waiting for?

Obviously, they're waiting for a "yes" or a "no" from Manning. The Broncos' bargaining position is far stronger with "no discussion of moving Tebow" than it would be if they committed themselves by actively shopping him while Manning is still mulling his options. By waiting for Manning to sign, they leave open the impression that "maybe" Manning's the only QB they would consider as Tebow's replacement.

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Tebow has little trade value. He's still a project. He's cost little at this point because we've already paid him his bonus. It would be dumb to get rid of him because he can get better. He just needs time and people. eed to realize that.

Pony Boy
03-14-2012, 06:33 AM
'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee."

I thought the name of the song was "Please come to Boston"

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Tebow needing time to develop is true, but the Broncos apparently are not interested in waiting and there are many fans around here not interested in waiting either and want Tebow gone. Tebow will be a free agent in a few years, about the time Manning would be retiring, if he lasts that long of course. Tebow would be a free agent, so what guarantees he re-signs anyway?

Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC and a month later, the Broncos are shopping for his replacement, not someone to simply battle him in camp. So Tebow lost the job even before the draft, much less before throwing one pass in TC, yet some don't understand why he might be a little upset? Yeah, we all like being lied to.

It would be one thing if the Broncos signed some veteran QB and that QB beat out Tebow in TC for the job. But the Broncos are not signing Manning for 100+mil. to simply compete for the job. He gets the job while Tebow wonders when can believe anything the Broncos tell him again. That is why you might as wll trade him while his value is at its highest since sitting behind Manning will not make his value jump higher.

Pick Six
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
I thought the name of the song was "Please come to Boston"

It is. That is why the joke doesn't work...

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Tebow needing time to develop is true, but the Broncos apparently are not interested in waiting and there are many fans around here not interested in waiting either and want Tebow gone. Tebow will be a free agent in a few years, about the time Manning would be retiring, if he lasts that long of course. Tebow would be a free agent, so what guarantees he re-signs anyway?

Tebow was told he was the starter going into TC and a month later, the Broncos are shopping for his replacement, not someone to simply battle him in camp. So Tebow lost the job even before the draft, much less before throwing one pass in TC, yet some don't understand why he might be a little upset? Yeah, we all like being lied to.

It would be one thing if the Broncos signed some veteran QB and that QB beat out Tebow in TC for the job. But the Broncos are not signing Manning for 100+mil. to simply compete for the job. He gets the job while Tebow wonders when can believe anything the Broncos tell him again. That is why you might as wll trade him while his value is at its highest since sitting behind Manning will not make his value jump higher.

meh, that was all before Manning was release by the cults. Fact is the Broncos are not doing any harm to TT by going after one of the all time greatest QBs to ever play the game. If TT gets butt hurt by this then he's not as mature as I thought.

SouthStndJunkie
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
David Allen Coe does the best version of that song.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
meh, that was all before Manning was release by the cults. Fact is the Broncos are not doing any harm to TT by going after one of the all time greatest QBs to ever play the game. If TT gets butt hurt by this then he's not as mature as I thought.

Except maybe, just maybe Tebow thinks like a lot of us Broncos fans do: that there are more and bigger holes to fill than QB. Is it really a sign of lack of maturity to be upset that the team that said you were going to be the starter in TC decided instead of improving the defense and giving you a couple weapons, to spend a huge chunk of their salary cap on an old QB?

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Except maybe, just maybe Tebow thinks like a lot of us Broncos fans do: that there are more and bigger holes to fill than QB. Is it really a sign of lack of maturity to be upset that the team that said you were going to be the starter in TC decided instead of improving the defense and giving you a couple weapons, to spend a huge chunk of their salary cap on an old QB?

funny thing is Manning disagrees, no? Otherwise, if the Broncos are so bad, why would he even consider the Broncos an option?

sure this team has holes to fill but a HOF QB makes up for a lot of that...

houghtam
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
funny thing is Manning disagrees, no? Otherwise, if the Broncos are so bad, why would he even consider the Broncos an option?

sure this team has holes to fill but a HOF QB makes up for a lot of that...

Yeah, Tennessee, Miami and Arizona are all right on the cusp of greatness, too.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Tennessee, Miami and Arizona are all right on the cusp of greatness, too.

point is, a HoF QB can put them over the top. At the very least, it gives them a fighting chance, or do you deny this too?

houghtam
03-14-2012, 11:59 AM
point is, a HoF QB can put them over the top. At the very least, it gives them a fighting chance, or do you deny this too?

Nope, I don't deny this at all. I'm simply of the opinion that spending the same amount on other positions is a better use of the money.

DarkHorse30
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
The un-said funny part to me is that Arizona and Tennesee BOTH are screwing their UNPROVEN HIGH PRICED QBs for a chance to get Peyton Manning........

and Tebow's hurt feelings are a problem? Laughable - all stories on him are pure conjecture.

errand
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
So those that keep saying we're more than an elite QB away from contending for SB....and that we've got lots of holes to fill....

If we fill those holes but keep Tebow as our QB, how many years before he takes us to SB?

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM

So just curious, when the Broncos went 8-8 or 7-9 in say 1994 or '95, was John Elway not a HoF QB those years?

lolcopter
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
So just curious, when the Broncos went 8-8 or 7-9 in say 1994 or '95, was John Elway not a HoF QB those years?

kinda hard to get into the HOF without winning back to back super bowls first including being MVP in the second one

bigbucks24
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
The un-said funny part to me is that Arizona and Tennesee BOTH are screwing their UNPROVEN HIGH PRICED QBs for a chance to get Peyton Manning........

and Tebow's hurt feelings are a problem? Laughable - all stories on him are pure conjecture.

Isn't that conjuncture?

DarkHorse30
03-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Isn't that conjuncture?

ConjUNCture? yes

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
kinda hard to get into the HOF without winning back to back super bowls first including being MVP in the second one

Really? Someone better break the news to Dan Marino

houghtam
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM

LOL

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM

I don't understand what your point is, please explain. I know one thing, the Broncos are 8-8 and Tebow is not Elway. If you think you are making some kind of point about how TT is another Elway or Manning, your wrong. At this point TT is not even in the same ballpark.

Again, I like TT as much as the next guy but honestly, can you be this moronic in your points?

extralife
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
So those that keep saying we're more than an elite QB away from contending for SB....and that we've got lots of holes to fill....

If we fill those holes but keep Tebow as our QB, how many years before he takes us to SB?

as many years as it takes for him to be an elite QB, which may be never, and is in fact likely to be never.

lonestar
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM

Why so many folks are so hard and fast about Tebow is beyond me..

He is a good kid with a real head on his shoulders..

I've seen nothing other than those that hated him to start with saying he is not wanted in DEN..

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM

Its truly mind blowing how some of you guys get so overly emotional about all this that you get all bent out of shape and utterly DISTORT the facts of how this scenario has played out!

No one 'Lied' to Tim! What Elway said he meant 100% at the time, noting that he did not promise him he would start the whole season no matter what!

A little excercise in 'time-line' reasoning here.... When Elway and Fox discussed Tim being their guy going 'into TC'. Payton Manning was still the Colts QB with only faint rumblings if he would retire, or agree to mentor Luck the next few years.

There was no serious discussion of the Colts out right releasing Manning and certainly that eventuality had not progressed enough for anyone to make serious plans around have Manning on their team this year!

I have no doubt ELway/Fox wanted to give Tim every opportunity to win the Job this off season and camp while trying to bring in some real competition to push him as well ... Until Mr All World suddenly was a free man and they saw practice film of him throwing well!

Of course, that changes one's options and thinking with a team in our position with a promising but still very much 'project' QB!

Its not even a debate why they went for Manning and in our position it would have been gross negligence of duty NOT too!

And of course this has got to be tough on Tebow as well, everyone knows that as well as ELway and Fox... but Tim's a big boy and will see the reality that this was for the good of the team. Maybe he even sticks around as Manning's Understudy and be the time Manning retires Tim may well be ready to lead the charge. We will find out very shortly.

But to claim Tim was lied to by Elway et all is a ludicrous reactionary exaggeration of how this has played out.

extralife
03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
you guys realize that even if everyone in football knew for a fact that Manning was going to be released, you can't talk about players under contract with another team AT ALL unless you want to lose draft picks, right? as such, what was Elway going to say? "Tebow is the starter going into training camp but HOT DAMN A CERTAIN SOMEONE SURE WOULD BE COOL IF YOU KNOW HE WAS AVAILABLE YOU KNOW JUST THINK ABOUT IT WINK WINK"

Hamrob
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM

If we fill those holes but keep Tebow as our QB, how many years before he takes us to SB?Actually, when you analyze your statement above, it's pretty assinine really.

Denver was a wild card team this year, that was 2 games from going to the Superbowl. If they win their division and get a buy, they are two games a way from a Superbowl. In that scenario they would be one game closer based only on seeding along.

So, really, how much better do the Broncos have to be to win one more playoff game???

I think, if they opened up the wallet and improved the defense, and stuck with Tebow, we would be in the Superbowl within 1-3yrs.

With Peyton Maning...within 1-3yrs.

Why? Because, people seem to think that Manning is going to step in here and have the same kind of success he did in Indy. He has to train an Oline, WR's etc. etc. That is hardly a 1yr project, and we have the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL next year.

Don't get me wrong...we all love us some Manning...but, quit busting on Tebow. The kid is special...and once someone buys in for good...he'll get them to a chamipionship!