PDA

View Full Version : Vote For the 1997 & 1998 Denver Broncos As One Of The 64 Best Teams Of The Super Bowl Era!

Bronco Rob
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Help us determine the greatest team ever. NFL.com has picked the 64 best teams of the Super Bowl era, and through March, we're asking fans to vote

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams#matchup=13

extralife
03-14-2012, 01:14 AM
cowboys and patriots teams are split up evenly throughout the bracket, all other franchises must cannibalize to advance. ace set up ESPN.

yes, I am actually complaining about this

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Help us determine the greatest team ever. NFL.com has picked the 64 best teams of the Super Bowl era, and through March, we're asking fans to vote

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams#matchup=13

How in tarnation do the '98 Vikings get a 10 seed when the didn't even make the Super Bowl?

extralife
03-14-2012, 01:20 AM
because if you made a list of the best teams to not win the super bowl, they'd be in the top five.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:26 AM
because if you made a list of the best teams to not win the super bowl, they'd be in the top five.

But there have been how many Super Bowls? Forty-six? So out of 92 Super Bowl teams, the '98 Vikings were not only better than 28 of them just to make the field of 64, but better than 52 of them to make a 10 seed?

Sorry, the '98 Vikings, who did not make a Super Bowl, are not better than half the teams that DID make a Super Bowl.

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2012, 01:29 AM
that 98 Broncos team could match up well against any team ever. it was like watching a surgeon at work with the offense. that team was a thing of beauty.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:33 AM
that 98 Broncos team could match up well against any team ever. it was like watching a surgeon at work with the offense. that team was a thing of beauty.

I think the one team that would have given us the hardest test would have been the Ravens. Their run defense was all-world, and our small line would have had their hands full trying to move Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa out of the way. It would have been a rough matchup, that's for sure.

MagicHef
03-14-2012, 01:54 AM
I think the one team that would have given us the hardest test would have been the Ravens. Their run defense was all-world, and our small line would have had their hands full trying to move Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa out of the way. It would have been a rough matchup, that's for sure.

I would be more worried about why they were trying to move them out of the way. Synchonized amnesia?

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2012, 01:56 AM

that would have been an epic dog fight. speed and technique taking on size and power. the difference would have been in the passing game. with all the effort going to stopping Denver's run game Elway probably winds up picking apart their secondary.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 03:41 AM
The 98 team was a treat to watch. We were so loaded and had depth all over. Just toyed with teams that year.

Bronco Rob
03-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Is it wrong of me to have voted against every single Patriots team?

???

canadianbroncosfan
03-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Is it wrong of me to have voted against every single Patriots team?

???

ROFL! I did the exact same thing!!!!

Lev Vyvanse
03-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Both teams are in the 72 Dolphins bracket.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OfOrI9LzPXA/TLZPOtuaxSI/AAAAAAAACOo/Z6-z7k4KL_w/s400/aliens_hudson_game_over.jpg