PDA

View Full Version : Inside source On Manning (Take it as you will) says 4years 90mil (to be announced weds/thurs)

Pages : [1] 2

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Don't ban me. Just what I hear through some of my Broadcasting networks.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, we will see. That's alot of money, perhaps too much money depending on how much is guaranteed and what not and the structure of it. It's a big move, high risk and also high reward. Not sure I agree with it even now, but if they got him, then it will be a very interesting next few years to see if this short term experiment works out.

Thanks for telling us what you are hearing, though.

Requiem
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
well my inside sources said peyton m anning can't even sign his contract cause he can't move his god damn arm!!!

Requiem
03-13-2012, 11:29 PM
how much meth are you on right now brother> 90 million?

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM

Just sharing what I got.

We'll see if it goes official in the next few days.

Requiem
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
No. We will see if it is official tomorrow. That is what your title says you poser!!!!

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm going to miss Timmy. :( I hope we do right by him and work to get him to somewhere he would like to be and will be appreciated (Jax perhaps). If Manning is our QB, obviously I hope he works out for us and brings a SB if possible, but I am still skeptical that this is the right move with the risks involved. I just dunno...

KevinJames
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
**** it do it as long and there is protection for us in the contract, I love this as a high risk high reward move. Ima miss Tim as well, but this is Manning if he can some how give us 4 years we can find a QBOTF in that time frame.

UberBroncoMan
That's ****ing insane... Tom Brady is only getting $72 million for 4 years and he's a year younger and without injury.

I kind of thought this wouldn't be all about the money for Peyton. I mean I knew he would get paid, but this much is insanity. It hurts whatever team he's on. If you wants championships you don't suck up $22.5 million a year from signing other people.

We can afford it though.

Craziness.

Dr. Broncenstein
This did not come from EmpireOrange.... Shiat not quite getting real.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM
This did not come from EmpireOrange.... Shiat not quite getting real.

Hahaha.

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM
No. We will see if it is official tomorrow. That is what your title says you poser!!!!

I know, and then the ****er said "actually it might be a day or two" after telling me tomorrow morning lol

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I know, and then the ****er said "actually it might be a day or two" after telling me tomorrow morning lol

Thing is, he's not met with the Titans yet and we are the team that had started prelim contract talks. One would think this means we're the team then if the source is correct.

montrose
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I literally heard the EXACT SAME figures tonight and was texting with another OMer about how the price is getting up. I did not, however, hear anything about an announcement coming. Well, we've certainly got some good rumor swirling going...

eddie mac
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
If those are the numbers then it explains why the Broncos sat on their thumbs today with all that caproom. The true $$$ number is the guarantees though.

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I literally heard the EXACT SAME figures tonight and was texting with another OMer about how the price is getting up. I did not, however, hear anything about an announcement coming. Well, we've certainly got some good rumor swirling going...

It really does add up

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I wonder if Bud Adams is going to go to 100m total and higher guarantees. He seems to be willing to do whatever it takes. Even though the Broncos are obviously willing to go high here, with a guy as hardheaded as the TEN owner, he may go to places that DEN simply cannot go, i.e. 25-30m per year.

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
I will believe it when I see it, like anything with this Manning saga

Dr. Broncenstein
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
That's a lot of dimp.

Archer81
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Wunderbar.

:Broncos:

Taco John
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
It's not my money - Though I'll have a jersey and a couple of tickets in on that.

razorwire77
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
90 million is a lot of cash, but how much of that will be guaranteed?

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Wunderbar.

Wunderbar? I thought you didn't want Manning, especially for a whole lot of chedda. He hasn't met with the Titans yet so who do you think would have offered this?

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I wonder if Bud Adams is going to go to 100m total and higher guarantees. He seems to be willing to do whatever it takes. Even though the Broncos are obviously willing to go high here, with a guy as hardheaded as the TEN owner, he may go to places that DEN simply cannot go, i.e. 25-30m per year.

I could easily see it. The man is mental about this. What he told the paper when he came out was stalker level creepy. Stuff about Manning working the rest of his life with the Titans.

It's like a deranged girlfriend from your old town planning out your entire life with her before you even got together, if at all.

Archer81
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Wunderbar? I thought you didn't want Manning, especially for a whole lot of chedda. He hasn't met with the Titans yet so who do you think would have offered this?

This medium is woefully deficient to demonstrate emotional inflection. I was being sarcastic. We have holes. But a $25 mil/season QB is what we need, right?

Woo. And ****.

KevinJames
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Guys Titans freak me out big time I am scared = (

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 11:57 PM
This medium is woefully deficient to demonstrate emotional inflection. I was being sarcastic. We have holes. But a $25 mil/season QB is what we need, right?

Woo. And ****.

that was sarcasm, right?
;)

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Guys Titans freak me out big time I am scared = (

Why? We're no worse off than we were a week ago.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm going to lmao if this deal falls through. Same thing if it actually happens. I'm good either way.

Archer81
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
that was sarcasm, right?
;)

Totally.

I want to rant, but what good would it do? It appears no matter who our HC is, who our GM is, what offense we run, what defense we run Denver goes retarded over quarterbacks. Instead of building a complete team, we are going with a man whose head is taller on its own than Napoleon in riding boots. And that magically makes us a contender.

What. Ever.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:00 AM
upping the ante, as it were.

There goes all the chips. Freaking christ Elway, you better know what the hell you are doing.

doonwise
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I kind of thought this wouldn't be all about the money for Peyton. I mean I knew he would get paid, but this much is insanity. It hurts whatever team he's on. If you wants championships you don't suck up $22.5 million a year from signing other people.

THIS.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Totally.

I want to rant, but what good would it do? It appears no matter who our HC is, who our GM is, what offense we run, what defense we run Denver goes retarded over quarterbacks. Instead of building a complete team, we are going with a man whose head is taller on its own than Napoleon in riding boots. And that magically makes us a contender.

What. Ever.

Well, he made the Colts a contender. The 2-win colts.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Well, he made the Colts a contender two years and four neck surgeries ago. The 2-win colts.

Fixed your post. Semantics, though.

KevinJames
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Why? We're no worse off than we were a week ago.

Because I want Manning. It will be HUGE not only for the present but for the future of the Denver Broncos as well.

I don't think people get how big signing Manning really would be for the Broncos over the next couple of years.

Titans could come in and just crush 75% of the Bronco fans & their dreams = (

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Well, he made the Colts a contender. The 2-win colts.

Who fell apart due to injury and age. It must be amazing that in every other city but Denver, team success can be directly attributed to QB play.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Because I want Manning. It will be HUGE not only for the present but for the future of the Denver Broncos as well.

I don't think people get how big signing Manning really would be for the Broncos over the next couple of years.

Titans could come in and just crush 75% of the Bronco fans & their dreams = (

Sad trombone / maniacal laugh

extralife
03-14-2012, 12:10 AM
QB is literally the only position that matters in today's NFL. You do what you can.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Who fell apart due to injury and age. It must be amazing that in every other city but Denver, team success can be directly attributed to QB play.

He says he's good, Doctors say he's good, Stokely says he's good. Time to ride.

Bud Adams ain't gonna beat that.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:12 AM
QB is literally the only position that matters in today's NFL. You do what you can.

Good thing we fixed our secondary and defensive line issues...oh wait...

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
He says he's good, Doctors say he's good, Stokely says he's good. Time to ride.

Bud Adams ain't gonna beat that.

I love Stokely but for Christ sake what else is he going to say? "Peyton throws like an armless cambodian land mine victim?"

Jesterhole
03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
No player, especially not a 36 year old coming off four neck surgeries, is worth that kind of money. We are not a Manning away from a Super Bowl.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Inside source On Manning (Take it as you will) says 4years 90mil (to be announced weds/thurs) <-- well for that much he better be spitting out lombardies like a trailer trash meth head ho spits out babies for the next 5 years straight

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM

Don't worry we still got money bro.

extralife
03-14-2012, 12:18 AM

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't worry we still got money bro. Resign Bdawk and it's on. We're either going to win the Superbowl or become paraplegics.

I doubt that. Manning does not cover or tackle. At this point he is a giant head on a toothpick. That is what we are basing the team's future success on. A big ass head on a surgically repaired toothpick. I will remain skeptical until it happens or Manning is not on the roster, if he signs.

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM

is this 4 years 90 million supposedly from Denver or is it Tennessee dropping the money bag?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Just spitballing here... But even if his previous fusion is fully healed and the nerve damage is a non-issue... What's going to prevent another vertebral disc from herniating and causing the exact same problem?

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Not at $25 mil a year. Sorry. And especially not when applied to a 36 year old coming off 4 neck surgeries in a year.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-14-2012, 12:23 AM
another thing have all of you lost your marbles 36 year old QB with neck surgeries who some inside source says we or somebody gonna give him 4years 90mil dont you people think thats a wee bit too much for a QB with neck injuries whos 36.
you do realize the defense couldn't stop the pats right .tebow wasn't like tossing ints at the 10 yard line for pick 6 over and over and not many teams stopped the pats hell the giants was a hail mary away from losing it

BroncoMan4ever
03-14-2012, 12:23 AM

i think the thing Denver needs to worry about is a Michael Jordan deal that gives Peyton a major say in the franchise after his playing days are over. that is something we can't match as we already have our legend taking care of business

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 12:29 AM
I doubt that. Manning does not cover or tackle. At this point he is a giant head on a toothpick. That is what we are basing the team's future success on. A big ass head on a surgically repaired toothpick. I will remain skeptical until it happens or Manning is not on the roster, if he signs.

I bet the contract not fully garaunteed. Also probably has roster bonuses each yr so Broncos can just do what colts just did if they want to.

broncocalijohn
03-14-2012, 12:33 AM

He can have him at that price. 90 million seems insane but every team knows that a HOF that gets dropped by their team and still have some years left is pretty narrow. Joe Montana and the Chiefs was successful but it just doesn't come around very often.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:34 AM

Don't worry, nobody is going to be allowed to touch Peyton. We'll still have about $20M-$25M to spend in free agency this year. The cap will increase next year, and Champ and Elvis cap numbers go down.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:35 AM
He can have him at that price. 90 million seems insane but every team knows that a HOF that gets dropped by their team and still have some years left is pretty narrow. Joe Montana and the Chiefs was successful but it just doesn't come around very often.

Jake Plummer achieved for Denver what Montana did for KC, and neither signed for $90 mil.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't worry, nobody is going to be allowed to touch Peyton. We'll still have about $20M-$25M to spend in free agency this year. The cap will increase next year, and Champ and Elvis cap numbers go down.

The last few times I was told not to worry, Shanahan was fired and Orton was said to give the Broncos the best chance to win.

My skepticism remains.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2012, 12:41 AM
The last few times I was told not to worry, Shanahan was fired and Orton was said to give the Broncos the best chance to win.

My skepticism remains.

lol...nice.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-14-2012, 12:43 AM

My skepticism remains.

To this day there are people that truly believe this was a good move. Lol.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
To this day there are people that truly believe this was a good move. Lol.

This actually started years ago when the Broncos signed Dale Carter. All downhill since. Combine that with Lepsis snapping TD's ACL and the magic has left this team and taken up residence in Tom Brady's rectum.

Blueflame
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
This actually started years ago when the Broncos signed Dale Carter. All downhill since. Combine that with Lepsis snapping TD's ACL and the magic has left this team and taken up residence in Tom Brady's rectum.

Dammit... you had to go and remind me of the Dale Carter acquistion... just thinking about that signing still ticks me off.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
I was just thinking, and obviously felt it is important enough to share, but since Elway has retired we have been dickbags to our quarterbacks. It started in preseason 99 with Bubby Brister. We either stick with the wrong guy for too long or annoint the next guy the next savior of the franchise.

I think that is what bugs me most. There is no patience to find a guy and build a team around him. We all want to win RIGHT now. Qb's in Denver make everyone crazy. Shanahan wanted a guy who could run a WCO but have the arm strength to utilize a full playbook. McDaniels wanted a spread offense but wanted a QB who could not only run it but take the pounding the lack of protection would entail. And now Elway wants a pocket passer but he was not exactly one himself.

What the eff.

NUB
03-14-2012, 01:00 AM
I'd about be at the end of my rope if Denver signed Peyton Manning for $90m.

Can't take much more disastrous decision making. Nor the sqwuaking fans who go along with it all over and over again.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-14-2012, 01:05 AM
I'd about be at the end of my rope if Denver signed Peyton Manning for $90m.

Can't take much more disastrous decision making. Nor the sqwuaking fans who go along with it all over and over again.

Tougher and smarter... BAAWWWK

Blueflame
03-14-2012, 01:08 AM
I was just thinking, and obviously felt it is important enough to share, but since Elway has retired we have been dickbags to our quarterbacks. It started in preseason 99 with Bubby Brister. We either stick with the wrong guy for too long or annoint the next guy the next savior of the franchise.

I think that is what bugs me most. There is no patience to find a guy and build a team around him. We all want to win RIGHT now. Qb's in Denver make everyone crazy. Shanahan wanted a guy who could run a WCO but have the arm strength to utilize a full playbook. McDaniels wanted a spread offense but wanted a QB who could not only run it but take the pounding the lack of protection would entail. And now Elway wants a pocket passer but he was not exactly one himself.

What the eff.

I'm pretty sure there were "some" Broncos fans... at "some" points in time (prior to SB XXXII) who were "dickbags" to Elway too. Hell, some are (arguably) being "dickbags" to him now (outrageous, open accusations that he has intentionally "sabotaged" Tebow's career).

Doggcow
03-14-2012, 01:09 AM
is this 4 years 90 million supposedly from Denver or is it Tennessee dropping the money bag?

Denver.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
I hate to break it to you guys, but the only way we beat the Tom Brady Patriots, is by signing Peyton Manning.

Tebow might be good enough in a couple years, so keep him on the team. To beat the Patriots, you either need:

a. Home field advantage
b. An all-world defense
c. Peyton Mannning

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Cracks me up how upset some Bronco fans get over FA and team moves. Just relax and lets see what happens. Manning is one of the best QBS ever and he was still at a high level when he got injured. I'm sure if he gets hurt first game we wont still have to pay him 90 million.

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 01:19 AM
It would be great if somehow we can get Manning and keep Tebow.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Not at $25 mil a year. Sorry. And especially not when applied to a 36 year old coming off 4 neck surgeries in a year.

We can thank Bud Adams for driving the price the **** up.

I was hearing $15-$16 mill max a year before all this **** went down.

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty sure there were "some" Broncos fans... at "some" points in time (prior to SB XXXII) who were "dickbags" to Elway too. Hell, some are (arguably) being "dickbags" to him now (outrageous, open accusations that he has intentionally "sabotaged" Tebow's career).

All of those with that mind set, seem to be only Tebow fans not Broncos fans.

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 02:19 AM
We can thank Bud Adams for driving the price the **** up.

I was hearing $15-$16 mill max a year before all this **** went down.

Why wouldn't he? He has the money/cap space and even if he doesn't land him he made us spend $7-8M more of ours.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:34 AM

To be replaced by the Manning instead of Bronco fans.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 02:37 AM
To be replaced by the Manning instead of Bronco fans.

Manningists. Manningites? Manninglingus?

ghostofjosh
03-14-2012, 02:45 AM
I read this somewhere..probably op source...was 45 million guarenteed...but manning is putting an injury clause in there so if he got hurt,we are off the hook

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Manning isn't just out for money. He wants to win another Superbowl like his lil brother. He knows Elway did it at 38 yrs old so he figures that Elway understands what he needs. Strong running game, playmaking defense, and the keys to the car.

This is a solid move for Broncos because as fun as Tebow is it would be really tough to win it all with him. Usually 8-8 won't make playoffs. Tebow was playing poorly those last couple games.

I dig him though, but cmon we are talking about the 4 timp mvp of the leauge.

bowtown
03-14-2012, 03:20 AM

Gay for Pey?

Bronco Yoda
03-14-2012, 03:21 AM

Manngina's :giggle:

Blueflame
03-14-2012, 03:34 AM

Nonetheless, it's mind-boggling to me that such vitriol is aimed at a guy who's done so very many positive things for this franchise. And that such ideas are repeated often enough to almost become "mainstream opinion on a Broncos forum.

Meck77
03-14-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm going to lmao if this deal falls through. Same thing if it actually happens. I'm good either way.

Same here. I'm not sure an injured 110M* QB is even worth it. There are no guarantees in this league. Would love to see the Broncos win another SB but there is something to be said about drafting a young QB and winning the hard way. All those painful years made winning a couple with John oh so sweet.

*I added another 20M for SoCal's sake.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Teams getting ďworn outĒ by Peyton chase

...A league source tells PFT that some of the suitors for his services are tiring of the process...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/teams-getting-worn-out-by-peyton-chase/

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 05:52 AM
That's ****ing insane... Tom Brady is only getting $72 million for 4 years and he's a year younger and without injury.

We can afford it though.

Craziness.

Peyton Manning is the same person who signed the richest ever contract right before having neck surgery (without telling the team he needed said neck surgery).

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 05:58 AM
I hate to break it to you guys, but the only way we beat the Tom Brady Patriots, is by signing Peyton Manning.

Tebow might be good enough in a couple years, so keep him on the team. To beat the Patriots, you either need:

a. Home field advantage
b. An all-world defense
c. Peyton Mannning

We're signing the wrong Manning then. Eli is the QB who beats the Pats.

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm going to miss Timmy. :( I hope we do right by him and work to get him to somewhere he would like to be and will be appreciated (Jax perhaps). If Manning is our QB, obviously I hope he works out for us and brings a SB if possible, but I am still skeptical that this is the right move with the risks involved. I just dunno...

Manning (who I dislike) can hit the broadside of a barn.

Timmy can only run through the broadside of a barn....

alkemical
03-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Gay for Pey?

#endthread

strafen
03-14-2012, 06:06 AM

Just STFU moron!

Navy Broncos Fan
03-14-2012, 06:46 AM
We're signing the wrong Manning then. Eli is the QB who beats the Pats.

So true. Payton doesn't beat the Pats, I don't know where people are getting that from.

Payton is 5-8 against Brady including 1-2 in the playoffs.

Eli is 3-1 against Brady and 2-0 in Superbowls.

Probably because the Giants build a more complete team via offense and defense instead of blowing their wad on the QB.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 06:49 AM

^^^ In the running for most ridiculous statement of the year.....

Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka disagree.......

Oh and if QB was all that matters......then Tom Brady should win the Superbowl every year.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:49 AM
It's not my money - Though I'll have a jersey and a couple of tickets in on that.

Did you buy Jerry Rice's Bronco jersey too?

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 06:52 AM

a. Home field advantage
b. An all-world defense
c. Peyton Mannning....SIX YEARS YOUNGER, AND WITHOUT HEALTH RISK

Fixed it for you.....

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Manning isn't just out for money. He wants to win another Superbowl like his lil brother. He knows Elway did it at 38 yrs old so he figures that Elway understands what he needs. Strong running game, playmaking defense, and the keys to the car.

This is a solid move for Broncos because as fun as Tebow is it would be really tough to win it all with him. Usually 8-8 won't make playoffs. Tebow was playing poorly those last couple games.

I dig him though, but cmon we are talking about the 4 timp mvp of the leauge.

Elway also had a HOF caliber running back, tight end, the best o-line in the game, HOF caliber safety.......need I go on? Peyton will have none of that here.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Elway also had a HOF caliber running back, tight end, the best o-line in the game, HOF caliber safety.......need I go on? Peyton will have none of that here.

You forgot receivers that could catch and not one of the worst defenses in the league.

Hulamau

It is high risk high reward and I too will miss Tim if he is truly gone if and when Payton signs as everyone seems to think. But you cant fault EFX for going for the gold ring.

Fox and Bowlen are nearly sunset time, Elway wants badly to put his stamp as the new face of this franchise as well and win ASAP. I Have ZERO doubt that every one in that building, Elway and Fox in particular, truly value Tebow and very much appreciate all that he brings to the table.

All the talk of dissing him or misleading him is just nonsense! The last 5 games were an alarm bell of what Tim faces to really improve and there are SERIOUS question marks and MAJOR doubts just how far any passing progress he is likely able to make. No doubt he can improve .. but how much is a huge unknown and it's safe to say he is never going to be a top 10 passer.

There is about a 95% chance as well that under the most ideal scenario Tim will not be able to continue the same level of prowess in the run game as he has so far past say 4 or 5 years tops. Defenses are learning what to do and he will just get hit too hard too many times and take too much toll on his body to continue playing 'his style' of game for a long career.

Once that part drops off we and he will likely really be in trouble if we redesign the entire team offense and personnel around his very unique skill set and talents.

Tim's enthusiasm and desire are rare treasures for sure and I will definitely miss having his character and energy on our team, but I totally understand that when a Reasonably healthy Payton Manning shows up on your door, you do everything in your power to make it happen and try to hit another home run like in the last 90s for Bowlen, Fox, Manning, Champ and others to ride off into the sunset on top and Elway to go down as the true God of Colorado forever!

Glory is not for the timid or feint of heart!

Gcver2ver3

i'm just clicking on the thread, and this will probably sound like a dumb question...

but is this rumor that he is signing that deal with the Broncos?...

i don't see a team mentioned...

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
That kind of money for a 36 year old coming off multiple neck surgeries? Let's hope there are conditions in there for protection for the Broncos if true.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM
9:59 AM The recently updated version Mike Klis's story says the Dolphins are the Broncos' main competition for Manning, who could make a decision as soon as today.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20166207/peyton-manning-has-broncos-among-top-two-choices

CEH
03-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Forget the 9 for 26 for 136 Denver just got beat like a drum in New England and here was Tebow's post game comments on the loss

On the loss
ďIt still was a good day because before the game I got to spend time with Zach McCleod and make him smile. Overall when you get to do that itís still a positive day and a good day. Sometimes itís just hard to see but it depends what lens youíre looking through. I choose to look through those lenses and I got to make a kidís day and any time you do that, itís more important than winning a game, so Iím proud of that.Ē

When you trying to build a Super Bowl team while Tim is going great things in the world from the micromanagement view of EFX can they really say this guy is 100% behind football. I'm not convince EFX thinks Tim is the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl based on his outside interests from football.

I can't prove it but I think this is his temprament day in and day out. Being mediorce is OK because there are bigger issues in the world.

Dedhed
03-14-2012, 07:27 AM
^^^ In the running for most ridiculous statement of the year.....

Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka disagree.......

Oh and if QB was all that matters......then Tom Brady should win the Superbowl every year.
I agree with everything you said except I would change "Tom Brady" to Peyton Manning.

Manning is the better QB, but Brady has always had a better team around him.

The fact that Manning only has one Ring shows how untrue it is that QB is the ONLY piece that matters.

Dedhed
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Forget the 9 for 26 for 136 Denver just got beat like a drum in New England and here was Tebow's post game comments on the loss

On the loss
ďIt still was a good day because before the game I got to spend time with Zach McCleod and make him smile. Overall when you get to do that itís still a positive day and a good day. Sometimes itís just hard to see but it depends what lens youíre looking through. I choose to look through those lenses and I got to make a kidís day and any time you do that, itís more important than winning a game, so Iím proud of that.Ē

When you trying to build a Super Bowl team while Tim is going great things in the world from the micromanagement view of EFX can they really say this guy is 100% behind football. I'm not convince EFX thinks Tim is the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl based on his outside interests from football.

I can't prove it but I think this is his temprament day in and day out. Being mediorce is OK because there are bigger issues in the world.It's pretty stupid to say that because he has a balanced view of the big picture he isn't 100% committed to football.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM

On the loss

I can't prove it but I think this is his temprament day in and day out. Being mediorce is OK because there are bigger issues in the world.

I've always said, from the first day Tebow came here, he could wake up one morning and say, "That's enough of this. I'm going on a mission."

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM
It's pretty stupid to say that because he has a balanced view of the big picture he isn't 100% committed to football.

Helping sick kids is for suckers.

BTW, Peyton has a children's hospital in Indy named for him so we should really be concerned about Peyton's interests outside of football as well.

FFS we have gone off the rails.

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:32 AM

On the loss

With the way Tebow works, no way is football not important to him. But he isn't a guy who only knows football since he actually has a mind and can do and think about other things as well. That is why some players have troubles off the field, especially the offseasons since they do not have anything else other than football. Brandon Marshall for instance.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM

On the loss

LOL

yah, whatever.

Chris
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, we will see. That's alot of money, perhaps too much money depending on how much is guaranteed and what not and the structure of it. It's a big move, high risk and also high reward. Not sure I agree with it even now, but if they got him, then it will be a very interesting next few years to see if this short term experiment works out.

Thanks for telling us what you are hearing, though.

I still don't agree with it. We're trying to take a big shortcut and it's likely to fail. What's wrong with taking your time and building an elite team to last?

ol#7
03-14-2012, 07:41 AM
I still don't agree with it. We're trying to take a big shortcut and it's likely to fail. What's wrong with taking your time and building an elite team to last?

You have a point, that late 90's run had it's foundation built by Reeves and Phillips.

DenverBroncosJM
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM
That's way too much money...how is anyone justifying this?

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:43 AM

Because Tebow prays too much and is from Florida.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM

And is too popular with people that can't name 3 other Broncos.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM

Yeah. 'Cause that's easier than saying Manning is about a hundred times better of a QB than Tebow.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM

If you want one of the best ever you'll have to pay for him

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 07:47 AM

I've prayed more than he has this last week. For his replacement.

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2012, 07:48 AM

I'm sure that's what the Colts said last year when they inked Manning to that new deal... only to find out afterward that he needed neck surgery and would likely miss the whole year.

bloodsunday
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM

Because that doesn't really happen in the NFL. Between free agency and the short careers of most players, roster turnover is incredibly high across the league. You can get a hired gun in Manning and still build a core of the team through the draft. We've already built a pretty decent OL and some talent on D through the draft. But every team (even NE and Pitts) use FA to fill in gaps.

Bottom line, Manning is a once-in-a-generation chance to get a guy ready made to take your team to the Super Bowl. You are crazy to pass up that chance, particularly when your incumbent doesn't even complete 50% of his passes.

bloodsunday
03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sure that's what the Colts said last year when they inked Manning to that new deal... only to find out afterward that he needed neck surgery and would likely miss the whole year.

But that is not a secret anymore. And the Colts probably knew that anyway. There is a reason he had a $28M bonus at the beginning of the league year.

Navy Broncos Fan
03-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Because that doesn't really happen in the NFL. Between free agency and the short careers of most players, roster turnover is incredibly high across the league. You can get a hired gun in Manning and still build a core of the team through the draft. We've already built a pretty decent OL and some talent on D through the draft. But every team (even NE and Pitts) use FA to fill in gaps.

Bottom line, Manning is a once-in-a-generation chance to get a guy ready made to take your team to the Super Bowl. You are crazy to pass up that chance, particularly when your incumbent doesn't even complete 50% of his passes.

When was the last time a 36 year old QB went to a new team and won a Superbowl? I don't know the numbers but I would guess a good number of superbowls were won by teams with a qb they drafted.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 08:19 AM
When was the last time a 36 year old QB went to a new team and won a Superbowl? I don't know the numbers but I would guess a good number of superbowls were won by teams with a qb they drafted.

Kurt Warner came within seconds of doing so.

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
i think the thing Denver needs to worry about is a Michael Jordan deal that gives Peyton a major say in the franchise after his playing days are over. that is something we can't match as we already have our legend taking care of business

The problem with Tennis is coaching, Munchack is Okay as a former same team Olineman and was a great player. But he is hardly an top level NFL coach with reams of experience.

Payton isnt going to let a few mill here or there decide this its not the money he knows he's getting his cheese where ever he goes

Does he want to hitch his last stop wagon to a relatively unproven and unseasoned head coach and a another Crypt-keeper Owner in 89 year old Adams who almost certainly will kick the bucket before the ink on his contract is dry??

Then even if whatever new owner coming in will keep Manning, which is a no brainer if he's healthy, no doubt this owner will want to put his mark on the franchise right away with all sorts of other changes that Payton may not have signed up for.

PLus he can live the rest of his life in Tennessee if he loves it so much. Interesting that their off season shack is in Miami then! But now he gets a chance for a real change of scene in a REAL football city. Good place to raise his kids and family for a while.

Elway, Fox and Del Rio.. two head coaches and a fellow Hall of Fame QB who has had even more success than he has in attending and winning SBs, especially late in his career ... A better WR core, with DT and Decker ..Kenny Britt is good but lets see how well he bounces back from a very serious knee blow out? And no doubt we will bring in more ammo for him as well.

I don't see Titans winning, if he's really considering football first.

Plus Knoxsville is an even smaller market than Indy. Go retire in Tenn is you want Payton, but finish out a true winner by coming here with to hale this newly resurgent team on the fast rise back to the top. A place we know all about and Titans have only ever sniffed a few times.

DarkHorse
03-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Either way I hope this gets resolved soon, theres plenty of holes.we could start addressing in fa

DenverBroncosJM
03-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Okay I agree with that an he was one of the best FOUR surgeries ago. The bottom line is 90 mill for an unproven commodity.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
The bottom line is 90 mill for an unproven commodity.

You mean, like every QB that was drafted in the top 5 of the draft for the last 10 years or so (before the new CBA was signed).

strafen
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
What I've heard on the 10 o' clock news here last night was that deal for Manning would be 65 million for 4 years, 40 of which would be guaranteed...
I haven't heard anything remotely close to 90 millions.

Still, 40 millions guaranteed is a lot of money to risk...

ludo21
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Either way I hope this gets resolved soon, theres plenty of holes.we could start addressing in fa

agreed, the longer we wait the more trash diving we will have to go

CEH
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I've always said, from the first day Tebow came here, he could wake up one morning and say, "That's enough of this. I'm going on a mission."

Exactly. And then the other 52 players on the team do what? Maybe the entire NFL needs Tim's kind of perpective as well but I don't think thats the case at the current moment

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
You mean, like every QB that was drafted in the top 5 of the draft for the last 10 years or so (before the new CBA was signed).

There's also the hope for a long-term future there. Meanwhile, there's no way Frankenpeyton makes it more than 3 years.

DenverBroncosJM
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM

Sure, name one QB taken in the top 5 with four neck surgeries. As good as Luck is do you think he even goes in round 1 with 2 neck surgeries?

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
There's also the hope for a long-term future there. Meanwhile, there's no way Frankenpeyton makes it more than 3 years.

But there's also a lot less doubt about Manning than a rookie. And any doubt about him involves his neck, which will be protected against. You can't really protect yourself too much against a high first round QB pick busting out.

ghwk
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah. 'Cause that's easier than saying Manning is about a hundred times better of a QB than Tebow.

Religion trumps football.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Sure, name one QB taken in the top 5 with four neck surgeries.

And if that turns out to be a problem, we're not going to be out a dime. Name the last first round QB bust that had to give back his signing bonus.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I wonder if the Soliai news means we're close with Manning? Maybe?

12:07 PM Sounds like Bunkley's not coming back, as per Jason Cole: DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options.
https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYahoo/status/179958736318775297

houghtam
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
And if that turns out to be a problem, we're not going to be out a dime. Name the last first round QB bust that had to give back his signing bonus.

Just out of curiosity, if Manning told Arizona, Denver, Miami and Tennessee "no contract I sign will have provisions where I give back any money based on injury", do you honestly think he'd go unsigned?

I won't be surprised if there's no injury protection on the contract for arguably one of the GOAT QBs.

ghwk
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Forget Manning and move on, I'm tired of his circus now and what he will cost the team. For all we know he will perform like a Todd Helton Bobble head, injured with tons of "what if's" and "what coulda beens".

One sack and you will see him head off (no pun intended) the field, one arm hanging limply at his side and the other holding a bag of cash so big all the maners put together couldn't equal it.

Give Timmy his year (unless we can rape the jags for him) watch a few more receivers get destroyed a la Decker and start over in '13. Call me an optomist but that's the way this is going to go down.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, if Manning told Arizona, Denver, Miami and Tennessee "no contract I sign will have provisions where I give back any money based on injury", do you honestly think he'd go unsigned?

No, he'd be signed. But he wouldn't be signed for anywhere near the numbers that are being discussed currently.

I won't be surprised if there's no injury protection on the contract for arguably one of the GOAT QBs.

I'd bet my house against that one.

chickennob2
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Just spitballing here... But even if his previous fusion is fully healed and the nerve damage is a non-issue... What's going to prevent another vertebral disc from herniating and causing the exact same problem?

I mean, what's stopping that injury from occurring to any quarterback on the roster? We should probably just not have a quarterback. Hell, let's just stop playing football. Someone might get hurt!

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
I mean, what's stopping that injury from occurring to any quarterback on the roster? We should probably just not have a quarterback. Hell, let's just stop playing football. Someone might get hurt!

Maybe the fact that our other QBs won't be 36 years old? With a history of
spinal issues?

Manning is shaping up to be a disaster for the Broncos...and One that will be very expensive both in terms of money and potential lost.

I'm tired of the noise .....Fish or cut bait. Either he signs now for a contract that protects the team or cut bait and stick with Tebow.

Grow a pair John, and tell him decision has to be NOW!

colonelbeef
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM

We can afford it though.

Craziness.

without injury? Dude missed all of 2009 with a cracked knee

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Religion trumps football.

Football is religion.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
without injury? Dude missed all of 2009 with a cracked knee

And his team went 11 and 5. Just sayin' ;D

fontaine
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't get the folks being worried about all the money that'll go to Peyton if he signs here.

1. We want a franchise QB
2. No franchise QB ever gets a cheap deal.

If you're worried about cap dollars and guaranteed money invested at QB then go ahead and sign the Kyle Ortons and Brady Quinn's of this world.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't get the folks being worried about all the money that'll go to Peyton if he signs here.

1. We want a franchise QB
2. No franchise QB ever gets a cheap deal.

If you're worried about cap dollars and guaranteed money invested at QB then go ahead and sign the Kyle Ortons and Brady Quinn's of this world.

If you want an Aston Martin, don't come up with VW money. ;D

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM

The Aston Martin in question is an 98 model with a carfax report of severe damage to the front end 4 times, although supposedly repaired. Would you pay new sticker price for an 98 model?

The Manning at any price shtick around here is rediculous.

And yes we currently have a Jeep CJ7. Not flashy but basic transportation.

Its still a question of VALUE.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
The Aston Martin in question is an 88 model with a carfax report of severe damage to the front end 4 times, although supposedly repaired. Would you pay new sticker price for an 88 model?

The Manning at any price shtick around here is rediculous.

And yes we currently have a Jeep CJ7. Not flashy but basic transportation.

Its still a question of VALUE.

LOL

Nice.

Agamemnon
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
4 years for 90 million? Good lawdy that's stupid.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
The Broncos have had no contact with Tim Tebow since the Manning courtship beganÖThe Broncos have not pestered Manning for progress reports or a decision since he left Denver on Saturday. John Elway is driving this bus. He and Manning connected well during the visit Friday and Saturday.

The bottom line on the Broncosí pursuit of Manning is this: Elway is in charge, and Elway is interested in Super Bowls. The argument that the Broncos improved last year and won their division (on a tie-breaker) with Tebow, doesnít cut much ice with Elway. He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there. He knows the Manning courtship is a high risk/high reward mission. He believes that going for greatness usually is.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/krieger....rticle=9898964

Taco John
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
In Elway I Trust

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
3:08 PM Mike Klis says a Manning decision is not expected before tomorrow.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20172499/broncos-hold-peyton-manning-visiting-tennessee

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
3:08 PM Mike Klis says a Manning decision is not expected before tomorrow.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20172499/broncos-hold-peyton-manning-visiting-tennessee

Sounds reasonable. He'll sleep on it, after the meeting with the Titans.

...and the suicide watch ticks forever onward.

Agamemnon
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
The Broncos have had no contact with Tim Tebow since the Manning courtship beganÖThe Broncos have not pestered Manning for progress reports or a decision since he left Denver on Saturday. John Elway is driving this bus. He and Manning connected well during the visit Friday and Saturday.

The bottom line on the Broncosí pursuit of Manning is this: Elway is in charge, and Elway is interested in Super Bowls. The argument that the Broncos improved last year and won their division (on a tie-breaker) with Tebow, doesnít cut much ice with Elway. He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there. He knows the Manning courtship is a high risk/high reward mission. He believes that going for greatness usually is.

Translation: Elway has neither the acumen nor the patience to build for long-term success, so he's going for the flashy, but over the hill QB in the hopes that the guy can cover up all the team's shortcomings.

Translation of the translation: The Broncos organization is ****ed.

bendog

Hope he doesn't pull a Casey Blake and reinjure his neck sleeping "wrong."

BroncoBeavis

Tom's making 18. Brees will likely be between 16 and 17 albeit with a franchise tag. Rodgers looks like he's only getting 8 next year. Eli's getting 10, and he just restructured to make more room for Giants offseason moves.

And I'd take every single one of those guys over Peyton at this point in his career (and health)

oubronco
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM

It all depends on who is commiting team suicide. Denver or Tennessee?

Suicide by spending WAY too much. Delay is Just another ploy to drive the price up, and see if another sucker can be hooked into the play (SF?)

Two suckers on the line and both getting played!

bendog
03-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Of course it shows Elway is incompetent he's taken this team from being the butt of a League joke to being a finalist in the league wide peyton manning sweepstakes. Of course. It makes perfect sense.

to a tebowite.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

LOL

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Of course it shows Elway is incompetent he's taken this team from being the butt of a League joke to being a finalist in the league wide peyton manning sweepstakes. Of course. It makes perfect sense.

to a tebowite.

Dude, if this thing falls through, JE will be the joke of the league. And every player in the league will know he's full of **** when he talks to them about their future.

baja
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
In Elway I Trust

You used to say that about Greise

oubronco
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Dude, if this thing falls through, JE will be the joke of the league. And every player in the league will know he's full of **** when he talks to them about their future.

Why because Manning ended up taking the highest bidder?

CEH
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Outside of teams signing their own guys was there a RB,OG,DT,LBer,S that signed with another team on Tuesday? Guess where teams prioiritized the demand. WRs and CBs. And this is not a passing league. The ppl calling the shots seem to think so

JMO

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
In Elway I Trust

Why? He ****ed us last year and he's ****ing again right now.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM

Because he made an offer to a HOF FA QB and doesn't sign him, he becomes the "joke of the league?" Man! You have those Tebow panties pulled up way too tight.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Because he made an offer to a HOF FA QB and doesn't sign him, he becomes the "joke of the league?" Man! You have those Tebow panties pulled up way too tight.

No, because he's spending all of free agency desperately clinging to Manning's jock while the rest of the league moves on with life, gets better, etc.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
You used to say that about Greise

Now that's funny.

Ol' .14 was good for a larf or two.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Why? He ****ed us last year and he's ****ing again right now.

Elway ****ed us at the drive thru.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
No, because he's spending all of free agency desperately clinging to Manning's jock while the rest of the league moves on with life, gets better, etc.

I'm guessing most WRs wouldn't sign here anyway before knowing if the QB was going to be Peyton or Tebow.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing most WRs wouldn't sign here anyway before knowing if the QB was going to be Peyton or Tebow.

^ Yup. Even if Manning does choose the Broncos, which I now strongly doubt is going to happen after being very confident the last couple of days, it's going to be too late with his decision apparently coming tomorrow at the earliest.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 12:48 PM

So let me get this straight, in what should be the biggest or second biggest and busiest week in the entire year for an NFL front office, we've done the following:

Spent a day hosting Manning.
Spent an hour hosting a safety that nobody else wants.

That's it. That's all we have the time to do.

Can ANYONE in this organization even pretend to multi-task?

orangeatheist
03-14-2012, 12:48 PM

The "rest of the league" isn't in the Manning sweepstakes, either. Geez some you people are dumber than a box of rocks with your non sequiturs.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
The "rest of the league" isn't in the Manning sweepstakes, either. Geez some you people are dumber than a box of rocks with your non sequiturs.

My cat's breath smells like cat litter.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat litter.

Finally actual news instead of idle speculation! I assume you have confirmed this?

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Finally actual news instead of idle speculation! I assume you have confirmed this?

I broke my Wookee.

alkemical
03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I broke my Wookee.

That's where I saw the Leprchaun. He tells me to burn things!

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
If they dont sign Manning they need to make a financial statement through the rest of free agency and bring in some big hitters on defense, it seems they wont bother with the offense if Tebow is still here.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
I think the Broncos had this wrapped up before that crazy old bastard in Tennessee went all stupid.

Doggcow
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
If they dont sign Manning they need to make a financial statement through the rest of free agency and bring in some big hitters on defense, it seems they wont bother with the offense if Tebow is still here.

We can win a lot of games if we pull in some heavy hitters like Jameel McClain, Mario Williams, and Routt.

Then go snag Michael Bush.

Hulamau
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM

Are you really that shallow??? Oh, I forgot its Beavis!

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:34 PM
We can win a lot of games if we pull in some heavy hitters like Jameel McClain, Mario Williams, and Routt.

You'll get nothing and like it.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dWVcCVN1Y0A/RriabaJE3zI/AAAAAAAAA2w/JEw2nvQm-fg/s400/smails.jpg

srphoenix
03-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I think the Broncos had this wrapped up before that crazy old bastard in Tennessee went all stupid.

agreed, the final contracts going to include something bat**** crazy like 50% ownership stake and the official title of King of Tennessee

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
First Manning was a Colt it only seems right that he ends his career as a horse and sign in Denver

ayjackson
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Agree with this.

Richard Marshall or Tracey Porter at CB. A couple of LBs. A couple of DTs. Mario.

Dukes
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM

They won't sign one of those guys. Not one.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Are you really that shallow??? Oh, I forgot its Beavis!

Dude, if Peyton goes to the Titans, it means he totally played Elway like a fiddle to get more money. Which is fine as far as it goes. Could happen to anyone.

But add on the fact that John would wait around, dick in hand, for the guy that never calls... pathetic. And worse, bad for the Broncos.

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Why because Manning ended up taking the highest bidder?

No he made Tebow sad. Why would any player in the NFL give a **** about what Elway thinks about Tebow? This ****ing retard acts like this is the first time in the HISTORY of the NFL something like this has happened.

Bronco Vixen
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I can only hope that we've conducted a thorough review of his medical records with an objective physician or two before we began drowning in our own ejaculate trying to sign 36-year-old manning with his NECK injury. I repeat NECK injury. The only sequelae of which is weakness and numbness IN THE ARM.

Well at least it only took one surgery to fix. Durr, two. Ok, three and months of rehab, the details of which we've heard very little to nothing about.

He may be fine but before we activate this cash cannon can we at least see a viable workout or ten in person?

At least the good news is that in the meantime our courting is not distracting us during this critical free agent signing period or alienating our current QB who just won us a playoff game. Awesome.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
I can only hope that we've conducted a thorough review of his medical records with an objective physician or two before we began drowning in our own ejaculate trying to sign 36-year-old manning with his NECK injury. I repeat NECK injury. The only sequelae of which is weakness and numbness IN THE ARM.

Well at least it only took one surgery to fix. Durr, two. Ok, three and months of rehab, the details of which we've heard very little to nothing about.

He may be fine but before we activate this cash cannon can we at least see a viable workout or ten in person?

At least the good news is that in the meantime our courting is not distracting us during this critical free agent signing period or alienating our current QB who just won us a playoff game. Awesome.

Actually it was 4 surgeries...nice use of the word sequelae though.

Repped for drowning in ejaculate.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Pics?

lod01
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM

How's that working out right about now that he is getting ready to sign with the Titans? Well, ya got The Tebow. Hilarious!

yerner
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM

most bizarre. good work.

Doggcow
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
How's that working out right about now that he is getting ready to sign with the Titans? Well, ya got The Tebow. Hilarious!

Are you trying to troll? I was trying to get Omane some early info, and said it could change.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Pics?

Sorry, lens was smudged. What do you think drowning in ejaculate means. Were talking loads and loads of ejaculate. This is Peyton Freaking Manning, not, no put out Tebow.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
This message is hidden because lod01's posting history proves that he's not a Broncos fan, and his opinion on, well, everything, is irrelevant.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Are you trying to troll? I was trying to get Omane some early info, and said it could change.

So basically you posted worthless B.S.

Obama will win re-election, only caveat is that it could change.

See I can do it too.

Dont mind me, I need another beer.

Bronco Vixen
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Yes but who's counting really, it's such an insignificant detail

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes but who's counting really, it's such an insignificant detail

Well I was more fixated on the way you described the body functions of our FO executives. Normally I picture them ****ting the bed, so this is an entirely unexplored area for me.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry, lens was smudged. What do you think drowning in ejaculate means. Were talking loads and loads of ejaculate. This is Peyton Freaking Manning, not, no put out Tebow.

Nonono, not you. Please not you. I mean, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but you know...I was referring to BV. :)

Also, I bet no put out Tebow has a lot of that spunk stored up. Just saying. In case MacGruder was wondering.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Where does it say he is about to sign with the titans? Or are you just speculating?

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM

Routt signed long ago with the Chiefs.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
I'll be truly shocked if we pulled this out now, everything points towards the Titans, even all the media are swinging.

baja
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Dude, if Peyton goes to the Titans, it means he totally played Elway like a fiddle to get more money. Which is fine as far as it goes. Could happen to anyone.

But add on the fact that John would wait around, dick in hand, for the guy that never calls... pathetic. And worse, bad for the Broncos.

No it would mean, being a very smart guy, he is carefully planning his all important final career move.

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
First Manning was a Colt it only seems right that he ends his career as a horse and sign in Denver

Or he could end a TITAN...it fits the size of his head!

Circle Orange
03-14-2012, 08:16 PM

lol, that's wrong.

90 mil? Seriously, is the market bloated or what? (if true)

Circle Orange
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Well, it isn't as though Peyton promised anything. Elway's a buisnessman...he knows just because you talk dosen't mean a deal is made. And why should Elway wait on Peyton? If the King wants to play games, the Broncs will move on. The league will survive just fine.

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
lol, that's wrong.

90 mil? Seriously, is the market bloated or what? (if true)

Those are the rumors, and supposedly 45 guaranteed. Drew Brees is hoping that manning gets even more.... sets the gauge for his negotiations.

God, I hope that these figures aren't right...talk about overpaid.

underrated29
We got this guys. We got it.
Hes ours.

Circle Orange

Sticky buisness, that. ;)

SoCalBronco
03-14-2012, 08:23 PM

They prolly just had Greek take a look at him for like 3 minutes. I feel much more confident now. :)

BTW, you saying sequelae was sexy. ;D

DarkHorse
03-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm not so sure we're going to land him, and in doing so we've sat on our thumbs. How many guys have visited thus far? 1, another scheduled for tomorrow? Did I miss some visits besides Manning, Merriweather and Adams (tomorrow)?

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts
A "person close" to free agent Peyton Manning insists there is no clear leader in the race for his servies, but that he would like to reach a decision by Sunday.
"He's going to make a careful decision," the source said. "But anyone who says they know what he's doing is wrong. No one knows." CBS' Mike Freeman believes Arizona, Denver, Miami and Tennessee are all still in play for Manning, but that the Broncos and Titans are the favorites. Manning is reportedly through making visits. According to WSMV Nashville, Tennessee governor Bill Haslam called Manning during his Wednesday visit with the Titans and implored him to sign with Tennessee.
Source: CBSSports.com Mar 14 - 10:58 PM

Gcver2ver3
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
A "person close" to free agent Peyton Manning insists there is no clear leader in the race for his servies, but that he would like to reach a decision by Sunday.
"He's going to make a careful decision," the source said. "But anyone who says they know what he's doing is wrong. No one knows." CBS' Mike Freeman believes Arizona, Denver, Miami and Tennessee are all still in play for Manning, but that the Broncos and Titans are the favorites. Manning is reportedly through making visits. According to WSMV Nashville, Tennessee governor Bill Haslam called Manning during his Wednesday visit with the Titans and implored him to sign with Tennessee.

Sunday?...

gimme a break...

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Need more time to let the offers go up.

All about the Money ! Show him the money!

Getting played!

razorwire77
03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Sunday? I might be wrong, but my gut is telling me he's gonna be a Titan.

DarkHorse
03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
So we'll get active in fa starting Monday? Wooohooo any projections on who May be left on Monday?

baja
03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Manning to Tenn. for 30 mil a year.

You heard it first here.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
This dickbag is going to yank us around for over a week, burning FA opportunities, because he can't get his **** together? I shouldn't be surprised. This guy wouldn't snap the ball without the play clock. We need to put this guy on the clock.

Steve Sewell
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Sunday?...

gimme a break...

If I were Elway I'd simply move on.

barryr
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
So we'll get active in fa starting Monday? Wooohooo any projections on who May be left on Monday?

Marcus Thomas? Joe Mays?

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Why isn't Hickenlooper calling Peyton?

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Sunday? Peyton is the new Favre.

spdirty
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
LOL Sunday

spdirty
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Honestly though, what a prick. Now I'll be at church, refreshing twitter and the mane, looking like an asshole, leg will keep getting kicked by the wife. During communion is when he'll decide and I'll react by screaming either "YEAH!!!!" or "SH_T!!!!!" Gonna suck.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 09:02 PM
I say we know by tomorrow night/ fri morning opening of business. Deal inked by sat.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/424803_10150584518516269_728636268_9290011_2057495 880_n.jpg

Hopefully some colts grow up to be Broncos!!!

extralife
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
no captain's C on the titans uniform = he's a bronco. lock it up, the deal is done.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe he wants to see which team makes an effort to land FAs? If that's the case he's gift wrapped to tenn.

baja
03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Honestly though, what a prick. Now I'll be at church, refreshing twitter and the mane, looking like an a-hole, leg will keep getting kicked by the wife. During communion is when he'll decide and I'll react by screaming either "YEAH!!!!" or "SH_T!!!!!" Gonna suck.

Why do they call it communion? Why not lunch or snack?

SJ Bronco
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Why do they call it communion? Why not lunch or snack?

:strong:Hilarious!

Bacchus
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
If Manning played in Denver for four years and won three SBs would he retire a Bronco?

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe he wants to see which team makes an effort to land FAs? If that's the case he's gift wrapped to tenn.

I wondered this too esp Denver.

houghtam
03-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Marcus Thomas? Joe Mays?

LOL we should see what Nate Webster's up to nowadays.

Doggcow
03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
If the Titans drove the price up to 25mil+ I hope we don't end up with him tbh. Spend elsewhere.

gunns
03-15-2012, 04:08 AM
I really think it will be the Titans. Familiar with the area, went to school there, a southern city, the doctor going in, and the money. Just a feeling since last night.

TonyR
03-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Good Morning, Broncos fans! Peyton Manning spent 6.5 hours at Titans headquarters last night and, according to Titans owner Bud Adams, took a call from the governor of Tennessee while he was there. According to David Climer, Manning is intrigued by the idea of finishing his pro career where he played his college ball, and word is that Adams may be dangling a front-office position and/or partial team ownership to sweeten the pot for Peyton.

As for when he'll make his decision, Mike Freeman hears Peyton is shooting for Sunday at the latest, and he thinks Denver is still the frontrunner. According to Freeman, some of the teams Manning already visited with (Denver, Arizona, Miami) have been calling the QB during his travels to and/or visits with the other teams, to remind him why their team/city is best for him. Was there any doubt this occurs?

Mike Klis says that before turning their attention to Manning, the Broncos were content to sign a backup for Tim Tebow the likes of Josh Johnson and draft another QB in the first three rounds.
Climer says the Titans coaching staff and FO tried last week to dissuade Adams from pursuing Manning, but obviously they failed. Peter King might call this compelling. Does Peyton really want to play someplace where the owner makes football decisions? For a staff and FO that didn't think the idea of signing him was a very good one?

Mark Kiszla sees in Tennessee the first real threat to Denver's chances of landing Manning, and he finds it hard to believe that it will come down in the end to money (agreed). He says team brass were never worried Peyton would choose Arizona or Miami over Denver, to the point where they had a "smugness" to them.

John Lynch's own mid-career neck surgery was performed by the same doctor who cares for and recently cleared Manning.

Vic Lombardi recaps his wild ride through the Twittersphere during the Manning sweeps; Toni Monkovic says Peyton has made a habit of surprising people by picking Tennessee.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-3-15-12

TonyR
03-15-2012, 05:32 AM
11:26 pm Not sure how much stock to put in this (take this with a huge grain of salt, please), but according to Brandon Spano (I forced myself to listen to his radio show tonight), the following happened over the past several days:

The Broncos and Manning had a great visit, and when he left Dove Valley, Manning said he was likely to become a Bronco; Spano speculates there was a handshake deal;
Manning was unimpressed with the Cardinals; the Cardinals were never a threat;
Miami was barely a threat;
The Broncos have had two straight days of contract talks; further, after Manning's Miami visit, he was about announce to the world he was coming to the Broncos;
There were two trips with the Titans that were close to being cancelled by Manning because he didn't want to waste the Titans' time.
At that point, a source inside the Broncos said that the "sky would have to fall in" for the Broncos not to get Manning;
Bud Adams went loco and personally called Manning and decided to drop the sky; the visits with the Titans were back on; Adams even went so far as to ask the Governor of Tennessee to call Manning;
Adams is going to offer everything humanly possible to do this deal.

Again, do not treat any of this other than speculation. We're only putting it up at this point for entertainment value. Spano makes his living speculating, and a lot of this stuff (contract negotiations, for instance) can be confirmed by people like Adam Schefter. It does make for good fodder, however.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-watch-3-14-12-2

BroncoInferno
03-15-2012, 05:34 AM
11:26 pm Not sure how much stock to put in this (take this with a huge grain of salt, please), but according to Brandon Spano (I forced myself to listen to his radio show tonight), the following happened over the past several days:

The Broncos and Manning had a great visit, and when he left Dove Valley, Manning said he was likely to become a Bronco; Spano speculates there was a handshake deal;
Manning was unimpressed with the Cardinals; the Cardinals were never a threat;
Miami was barely a threat;
The Broncos have had two straight days of contract talks; further, after Manning's Miami visit, he was about announce to the world he was coming to the Broncos;
There were two trips with the Titans that were close to being cancelled by Manning because he didn't want to waste the Titans' time.
At that point, a source inside the Broncos said that the "sky would have to fall in" for the Broncos not to get Manning;
Bud Adams went loco and personally called Manning and decided to drop the sky; the visits with the Titans were back on; Adams even went so far as to ask the Governor of Tennessee to call Manning;
Adams is going to offer everything humanly possible to do this deal.

Again, do not treat any of this other than speculation. We're only putting it up at this point for entertainment value. Spano makes his living speculating, and a lot of this stuff (contract negotiations, for instance) can be confirmed by people like Adam Schefter. It does make for good fodder, however.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-watch-3-14-12-2

If true, then it sounds like Manning just made a courtesy call so the old man wouldn't embarrass himself.

TonyR
03-15-2012, 06:08 AM
ESPN.comís news story on Manningís day blends an Associated Press report with information from Chris Mortensen:

Some teams that have reviewed his medical records and observed extensive video of recent throwing sessions appear satisfied with his physical status, both in neck stability and arm strength, and may not require him to work out, according to sources. However, a source added that Manning has no hesitation about putting his throwing skills on display and would expect such a workout to be part of the process.

Observers watched team physician Burton Elrod come and go from Titans headquarters during Manningís visit, which set off presumptions about him taking a physical.

Manningís camp has indicated he wants to protect a new team from taking any sort of financial hit if an issue with his neck arises. So there will be at least one form of insurance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/35149/visit-over-its-decision-time-for-manning

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 08:01 AM
ESPN.comís news story on Manningís day blends an Associated Press report with information from Chris Mortensen:

Some teams that have reviewed his medical records and observed extensive video of recent throwing sessions appear satisfied with his physical status, both in neck stability and arm strength, and may not require him to work out, according to sources. However, a source added that Manning has no hesitation about putting his throwing skills on display and would expect such a workout to be part of the process.

Observers watched team physician Burton Elrod come and go from Titans headquarters during Manningís visit, which set off presumptions about him taking a physical.

Manningís camp has indicated he wants to protect a new team from taking any sort of financial hit if an issue with his neck arises. So there will be at least one form of insurance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/35149/visit-over-its-decision-time-for-manning

But apparently he also wants to be paid more than any other QB in the league at 20 or > Mill per year.

This is a BAD idea. Only if the deal were for less than 20 and in the 15 mill range is this smart at all. Let him go to Tennessee if thats not the case.

I'm sure the contract details will be kept private, so as to not embarass anyone,,,,but if he comes to Denver you can bet we are overpaying.

If Mannning is SO healthy then WHY did Indy cut him loose? The staff and Doctors that have seen him the most and are most familiar with his true health are in Indy. The owner that he had such a great bond with, cut him loose. They not only cut him loose, they cut everyone associated with him loose. Part of that is the way they fell apart last season...and part of it has to be that Manning brings competitiveness and control freak issues with him.

Sorry. Rant over....

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2012, 08:04 AM
If Mannning is SO healthy then WHY did Indy cut him loose?

Not familiar with the bonus he was due, huh?

And he doesn't exactly fit what they're looking to do in terms of rebuilding for the long term.

orangeatheist
03-15-2012, 08:13 AM

And he doesn't exactly fit what they're looking to do in terms of rebuilding for the long term.

AND they have first pick in the draft and are going to pick what everyone is saying is Manning 2.0.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Indy cut him cause they have a 15 year stability coming in.

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Indy cut him cause they have a 15 year stability coming in.

That idea fails more often than it succeeds.

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 08:18 AM

Of course I am. The point is that Manning is not worth MORE than Brady or Brees, or ELI ( his brother). The numbers being thrown around would make him
that.

Hall of Fame QB ...yes. Dedicated and incredible talent...yes. Coach on the field...probably smarter than most Head coaches and O coordinators in the league...yes. Has potential health issues....Yes. Probable playing time left ...3 years ( if he doesn't get hurt again ).

Worth more than the best younger healthy qBs....NO!

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2012, 08:21 AM

And this argument presumes I give a **** about Bowlen getting a refund if Peyton can't play. Does that mean we can go take back all the FA signings we might've made had we not signed Peyton?

If we trade Tebow, can we go get him back after Peyton puts on the baseball cap?

The money itself is meaningless. It's the missed opportunities that are gone and you can't get them back just because Bowlen gets to keep the extra money.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Of course I am. The point is that Manning is not worth MORE than Brady or Brees, or ELI ( his brother). The numbers being thrown around would make him
that.

What's funny is the "numbers being thrown around" aren't coming from any of the parties involved in the actual negotiations. They're pure speculation. I've yet to see where Manning or his agent are saying that he has to be the highest paid anything, yet we're all conceding it.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. It'll be a short term contract anyway, it won't hamstring the team in the future (or now, as even if he does sign for $20+ mil, we'd still have more cap room available than in most years), it's not my money, and apparently it's not like they are planning on spending it on anyone else anyway.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Does that mean we can go take back all the FA signings we might've made had we not signed Peyton?

Signing Peyton now wouldn't prohibit us from signing any and every other possible FA target we may be interested in. They're simply aren't any real big dollar signings left outside of Mario....and we aren't pursuing him.

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Signing Peyton now wouldn't prohibit us from signing any and every other possible FA target we may be interested in. They're simply aren't any real big dollar signings left outside of Mario....and we aren't pursuing him.

Signing Manning would improve the Broncos.. Signing him as the highest paid QB in the league ( until Brees gets paid more afterwards) is dumb. Not only dumb...foolish. It would be a sign that our FO and owner has gone bat shyt crazy, and is in the same league of stupid as Adams and Al Davis.

Only if he comes in at Less than "market value" is it a good idea. Now that may still be in the 15 mill per range, but this isn't a new shiny toy with potential to improve. You get exactly what you see. A 36 year old top end QB, with an injury history, that MAY get you to a super bowl, if you also invest in a lot of other players.

This is an all-in move. It HAS to pay off with a SB or it is fail.

orangeatheist
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
What time is it now? Almost noon Eastern? WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD ANYTHING??? Doesn't Manning know I need to stop watching message boards, listening to sports radio, and get back to work?

He's gonna end up getting me fired...

CEH
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Tenn went 9-7 and failed to make the playoffs last year, Denver won the division at 8-8 with a QB that completed 47.5% of his passes. Advantage Denver

Taco John
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
If Mannning is SO healthy then WHY did Indy cut him loose?

It baffles me that this isn't obvious to everyone. They hit the Andrew Luck jackpot. In case you haven't been paying attention, Andrew Luck is the most hyped quarterback since Peyton Manning, and John Elway before him. They got rid of Peyton Manning because they can't pay both Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck - the roster is too small for both guys. They cleaned out the team because they are rebuilding a team around Andrew Luck and are clearing cap room for this rebuild.

How is this not obvious to you?

ghwk
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I have to wonder if Manning doesn't think this Tennessee thing is a bit much right now. It's almost clingy and what fun is that. He can also go back to Tenessee anytime he wants and get the FO job whenever he wants so I really don't see why he should think this is the only time he would see that offer.

Steve Sewell
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
It baffles me that this isn't obvious to everyone. They hit the Andrew Luck jackpot. In case you haven't been paying attention, Andrew Luck is the most hyped quarterback since Peyton Manning, and John Elway before him. They got rid of Peyton Manning because they can't pay both Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck - the roster is too small for both guys. They cleaned out the team because they are rebuilding a team around Andrew Luck and are clearing cap room for this rebuild.

I'm sure it is clear as day to him, but your point is inconvenient to his argument.

55CrushEm
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Signing Manning would improve the Broncos.. Signing him as the highest paid QB in the league ( until Brees gets paid more afterwards) is dumb. Not only dumb...foolish. It would be a sign that our FO and owner has gone bat shyt crazy, and is in the same league of stupid as Adams and Al Davis.

Only if he comes in at Less than "market value" is it a good idea. Now that may still be in the 15 mill per range, but this isn't a new shiny toy with potential to improve. You get exactly what you see. A 36 year old top end QB, with an injury history, that MAY get you to a super bowl, if you also invest in a lot of other players.

This is an all-in move. It HAS to pay off with a SB or it is fail.

Exactly. It's not like Denver is 1 player away. A team that signs Manning should already be close to a Superbowl, where Manning can put them over the top....i.e. San Fran, Baltimore, maybe a couple others.....not us.

ScottXray
03-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Paralysis at the top!

Elway and co hanging by the phone hoping to get Manning.

No decisions on FA can be made until the dome head makes his.

Nevermind that we should be trying to bring in other FAs for visits,
at least on the defensive side, and at OT, OG, Center, to move forward with
some improvement. Tennessee is doing that.

Maybe this is a good thing. Manning will note this and decide to go there, since they are trying to get better. Shows some commitment to winning, even without the brass ring at QB.

I sincerely hope the Broncos actually will do something in FA soon. If we sit by
and do nothing, and then lose Manning too, it will be a sign of where the team really is heading.

55CrushEm
03-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Exactly.

However, how is it not obvious to the Manning-or-bust crowd, that we need many more players? How is it not obvious that you don't rebuild a team (which is what we are doing) around a 36-year old player?

You rebuild around YOUTH and POTENTIAL.....not the injured elderly.