PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Carr to Cowboys

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
He's visiting them and reports are that they won't let him leave. They are matching any offer. Makes sense with Newman being released.

Really wanted him.

=/

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
I really thought he would stay in the West to get revenge. Maybe that doesn't mean as much as it used too.

TheReverend
03-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Phaggot ass EFX sitting with their thumbs up their gaping a-holes waiting for Peyton to say "lol no thanks queers"

Tombstone RJ
won't let him leave? He's got to know he can get more money out of the pokes if he does leave... pokes can't match what flowers hasn't got...

TheReverend
Wow... even phaggot is filtered?!?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
******* ass EFX sitting with their thumbs up their gaping a-holes waiting for Peyton to say "lol no thanks queers"

Lol this

yerner
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
you'll get Dwight Lowery and you'll like it!

elsid13
03-13-2012, 04:32 PM
you'll get Dwight Lowery and you'll like it!

**** and double ****

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/3/13/2868866/2012-nfl-free-agency-dallas-cowboys-brandon-carr-contract-cornerback

Is he worth over 7 mill a year for the 2nd CB? I wonder how much Newman or Trufant will get?

Rolandftw
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
We need a CB either way. I dunno what the Manning situation really has to do with it. This is on the front office. No reason to not even attempt to bring Carr in.

Cito Pelon
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/3/13/2868866/2012-nfl-free-agency-dallas-cowboys-brandon-carr-contract-cornerback

Is he worth over 7 mill a year for the 2nd CB? I wonder how much Newman or Trufant will get?

Man, you gotta pay for good CB's. Is Goodman worth $4 mil?

TheReverend
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM

If Champ weren't 50 years old then I'd say no. As is.... yes. And then some.

TheReverend
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Goodman isn't worth 4 ****ing dollars.

gunns
03-13-2012, 04:40 PM
**** and double ****

I'll triple that!

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM

At the time he signed the contract he was worth it.

If Champ weren't 50 years old then I'd say no. As is.... yes. And then some.

Champ is still playing like the best in the game. The other guy is getting tourched. I'm not saying Carr isn't worth it I just think a guy like Newman or Trufant might do the same job for cheaper.

TheReverend
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Champ is still playing like the best in the game. The other guy is getting tourched. I'm not saying Carr isn't worth it I just think a guy like Newman or Trufant might do the same job for cheaper.

Champ can't do half of what he used to and because of it we need to lean much more heavily on the other CBs and Ss.

This is ****ing bull****. Looks like yet another year of a bottom feeder defense while we once again ignore it to focus solely on ANOTHER QB shuffle.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Goodman is what he is. When we brought him in he was coming off a good year with the Phins. His next year with us wasn't all that bad. As he got older the wheels just went away. I don't think he should have been brought back after last year IMO.

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Once again the Broncos strategy: Wait a couple of days and scoop up the cheap leftovers.

DBroncos4life
Champ can't do half of what he used to and because of it we need to lean much more heavily on the other CBs and Ss.

This is ****ing bull****. Looks like yet another year of a bottom feeder defense while we once again ignore it to focus solely on ANOTHER QB shuffle.

I hope we spend draft picks on D. Looking at what the Hawks just gave Red Bryant the rest of the DT's must be jumping for joy.

TheReverend
Goodman is what he is. When we brought him in he was coming off a good year with the Phins. His next year with us wasn't all that bad. As he got older the wheels just went away. I don't think he should have been brought back after last year IMO.

That piece of **** should have never been brought in. Miami didn't even attempt to keep him for a reason and also got better defensively with his absence for that same reason.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
That piece of **** should have never been brought in. Miami didn't even attempt to keep him for a reason and also got better defensively with his absence for that same reason.

I liked Bly at the time personally but he was done. I don't remember who was a FA during that year. I remember I wasn't to thrilled with the move but, by that time I think I hated everything McD did.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
We're good at corner. Carr leaving is good news.

elsid13
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
We're good at corner. Carr leaving is good news.

really? I expect a mid tier FA (Porter or Gay) and at least one in this draft in first three rounds

lookin' glass
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
If the Cowboys will match any offer might as well bump it up for them.

Cito Pelon
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
If the Cowboys will match any offer might as well bump it up for them.

Yup.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
But..but...but Bob said the Chiefs had TONS of room.

I'm guessing no celebratory Twix today.

KCStud
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM

Carr wants to be one of the top paid CB's in the NFL. Getting Routt is a very good consolation prize. Routt is not a very good #1 CB, but he was just as good of a #2 CB as Carr was.

Routt + cap money to use on other players > Carr

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Carr wants to be one of the top paid CB's in the NFL. Getting Routt is a very good consolation prize. Routt is not a very good #1 CB, but he was just as good of a #2 CB as Carr was.

Routt + cap money to use on other players > Carr

Dude, you guys were like 45m under, you dont need cap money for other players. There was PLENTY of money EVEN IF the Chiefs overpaid for Carr. Routt is not as good as him. He's fast, but got toasted last year. At like 45m under, there is NO excuse for losing that kid even if you had to overpay him.

Dedhed
03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
All the CBs are gone if Carr goes to Dallas.

KCStud
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Dude, you guys were like 45m under, you dont need cap money for other players. There was PLENTY of money EVEN IF the Chiefs overpaid for Carr. Routt is not as good as him. He's fast, but got toasted last year. At like 45m under, there is NO excuse for losing that kid even if you had to overpay him.

Routt was the #1 CB after Nnamdi left and he didn't do well, but he's a good of a #2 CB. Routt was a very good #2 CB before last year. I don't make this stuff up man look for yourself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Wnqt2R1X7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Routt was the #1 CB after Nnamdi left and he didn't do well, but he's a good of a #2 CB. Routt was a very good #2 CB before last year. I don't make this stuff up man look for yourself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Wnqt2R1X7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for addressing my argument about the amount of money the Chiefs had.

Oh wait, you didn't.

Requiem
03-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Chiefs are cheap bastards. Truth is, nobody wants to play in Kansas City. No star athlete dreams thinking, "Damn, I want to play ball in Missouri."

Only the ones that do are from there or think they are going to Miami because they are too stupid to read a map.

KCStud
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks for addressing my argument about the amount of money the Chiefs had.

Oh wait, you didn't.

I'm assuming a lot of money is planned on being spent considering Carlson, Hillis, Tolbert, Winston, Solai, Green-Ellis and McNeill were all contacted/visiting.

Plus a good chunk of that money is going to Bowe. Signing Bowe and Carr to #1 WR/#1 CB contracts would eat up a huge chunk of our cap.

Requiem
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Yes, KCStud. Signing good players costs money. Anything good usually costs more. Are you wet behind the ears yet son?

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm assuming a lot of money is planned on being spent considering Carlson, Hillis, Tolbert, Winston, Solai, Green-Ellis and McNeill were all contacted/visiting.

Plus a good chunk of that money is going to Bowe. Signing Bowe and Carr to #1 WR/#1 CB contracts would eat up a huge chunk of our cap.

Let's do some reasonable estimates, here:

Bowe 9m (that's alot for a WR)
Hillis 4m (that's alot for Hillis, esp after last year, but I like him too)
Tolbert (this doesnt count they arent going to get two big backs, its one, either him or Hillis)
Winston 4m (got cut by Houston, I like him alot, but I dont think he'll make a huge massive salary, rather just a good salary)
Soliai 5m
Green-Ellis 2.5m
McNeill (I dont think you will sign two OTs, one or the other, after all you guys like to act like Albert is a great OT)
Carlson- Is that the TE from Seattle? I thought you guys had Moeaki already. Ok, lets give him like 5m.

Even if you assumed the Chiefs signed all those guys and they wont, so lets assume anyway that you spent that same amount of money in case you think the figures I quoted were somehow conservative, thats like 28m or so. So you are still almost 20m under, you can pay Carr the 12m he wants and still have about 5-8M under the cap so as to make sure next year the cap position is not too bad.

There was plenty of money there, dude to do everything that you wanted to do and more.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
We're letting Carr go because the patriot way dictates you don't spend too much money on your secondary. Look at what the patriots did over the years with Milloy, Samuel, etc.

**** you, Pioli.

Requiem
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
would you like a baby ruth bobo?

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
That sucks, Bob. I'm sure most Chief fans are similarly really angry at how they are approaching this. Hunt=Bowlen.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
We're letting Carr go because the patriot way dictates you don't spend too much money on your secondary. Look at what the patriots did over the years with Milloy, Samuel, etc.

**** you, Pioli.

Part of the Patriot way is convincing other teams to try the same approach with descendants from the Belichick tree. It causes predictable failure. Guess how I know.

KCStud
03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Let's do some reasonable estimates, here:

Bowe 9m (that's alot for a WR)
Hillis 4m (that's alot for Hillis, esp after last year, but I like him too)
Tolbert (this doesnt count they arent going to get two big backs, its one, either him or Hillis)
Winston 4m (got cut by Houston, I like him alot, but I dont think he'll make a huge massive salary, rather just a good salary)
Soliai 5m
Green-Ellis 2.5m
McNeill (I dont think you will sign two OTs, one or the other, after all you guys like to act like Albert is a great OT)
Carlson- Is that the TE from Seattle? I thought you guys had Moeaki already. Ok, lets give him like 5m.

Even if you assumed the Chiefs signed all those guys and they wont, so lets assume anyway that you spent that same amount of money in case you think the figures I quoted were somehow conservative, thats like 28m or so. So you are still almost 20m under, you can pay Carr the 12m he wants and still have about 5-8M under the cap so as to make sure next year the cap position is not too bad.

There was plenty of money there, dude to do everything that you wanted to do and more.

I forgot about Orton. We're trying to bring him back.

A good share of that is being saved for Branden Albert too. He's the only good OT on the roster and I wouldn't be surprised if they get his deal done during the season.

Pioli has done a good job of keeping talent in KC. DJ, Tamba, Charles and now Bowe were all retained. Carr is a sad loss, but Routt is a solid #2. I don't think you're going to see a big problem at that spot next year.

Durango
03-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Damn it! I wanted this guy. It not only would have greatly improved our secondary, but it would subtract talent at the position from a division rival.

Were our management people so focused on this Manning thing that they lost sight of free agency in general, or was Carr just snapped up so quickly, no-one else really had a chance to toss out a bid? Crap!!

KCStud
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah and he just signed with the Cowboys for $50.1 million and 10 a year.

He's not $16 million dollars better than Routt.

Rolandftw
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Where do you get $16 million from? On average, Carr will get $30 million over three seasons--Routt, almost $20 million. It equates to about $3.4 million more per year.

I'd take Carr any day of the weak at that number. Easy.

Chris
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Wrong. Five twixes.

Because he has a problem.

KCStud
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Where do you get $16 million from? On average, Carr will get $30 million over three seasons--Routt, almost $20 million. It equates to about $3.4 million more per year.

I'd take Carr any day of the weak at that number. Easy.

Schefter didn't have details of yearly earnings, but according to a lot of Dallas fans (and KC media), the contract was more frontloaded and more $$ was added overall because Carr left Dallas and they wanted him that bad.

So he's gonna be making roughly $4 million more than Routt in a 3 year span. So 12 more, not 16 (my bad).

Carr wanted #1 CB and we already gave a $50 mill contract to Flowers.

We weren't gonna pay our #2 CB #1 money when we are gonna have to pay out the ass for Bowe. Calvin Johnson's deal just gave Bowe huge leverage.

baja
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey So Cal. Do you think you can make your sig pic bigger it doesn't slow the thread loading down enough.