PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Titans Trip with Manning Canceled (UPDATE: Back On) - UPDATE #2: Now Tomorrow?

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Just announced on 104.3 that the Titans trip to talk with Manning has been CANCELED.

That means they're out of it baring another revelation.

It also means Manning is likely close to his decision.

It's down to Denver, Arizona...and Miami.

Miami has been making a lot of moves today so this COULD be a sign.

bfoflcommish
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
its going to be miami. why would he schedule a trip to tennesse after us but cancel it after meeting with miami and then miami cutting marshall.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
its going to be miami. why would he schedule a trip to tennesse after us but cancel it after meeting with miami and then miami cutting marshall.

Highly likely. Ugh. Hope not though. At least he'd be trapped in the AFC East.

crowebomber
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM

Ooof. You might be right. Hoping he just has jet lag.

Kid A
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Marshal trade in the works long before Manning was released according to his agent:

https://twitter.com/#!/lionelbienvenu/status/179677032899297281

Steve Sewell
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM

It also could mean that the contract got done, who knows.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Marshal trade in the works long before Manning was released according to his agent:

https://twitter.com/#!/lionelbienvenu/status/179677032899297281

Could be, or perhaps they're making **** up. I don't believe what anyone says atm. I just judge on what I see happening.

You know what would be crazy... if he signed with Kansas City.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Hasn't it been reported multiple times from reliable sources that the trade has nothing to do with Peyton? Of course that could be BS but it's been no secret Chicago was going to go after a big time WR in free agency.

StugotsIII
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM

Miami did not "cut" Marshall.

They traded him away for 2 3rd round draft picks. Hardly throwing him away. The Bears are desperate for WR help and frankly overpaid for his cancerous ass.

Why schedule a trip to Tennessee after his Denver visit? It was his first trip. They had a loose plan of where they wanted to visit.

The smoke is billowing out of Denver on this one...

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, at least it ain't a boring offseason like last year!

HILife
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM

sigh

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I think this is better news for us or Zona than Miami. He's barely spoken with them but all reports are after the longest visit (with us) we've been in heavy discussions with his agent for the past several days. Does anyone really think after all that he went to Miami and said "Where do I sign?" after dinner and a few discussions?

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM

They traded him away for 2 3rd round draft picks. Hardly throwing him away. The Bears are desperate for WR help and frankly overpaid for his cancerous ass.

Why schedule a trip to Tennessee after his Denver visit? It was his first trip. They had a loose plan of where they wanted to visit.

Say what you want, but trading Marshall for 2 3rd round picks, is giving him away. Hell, I felt we gave him away when we traded him for 2nd round picks.

Him and Cutler have a great chemistry. No problems there. They gave him away.

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Hasn't it been reported multiple times from reliable sources that the trade has nothing to do with Peyton? Of course that could be BS but it's been no secret Chicago was going to go after a big time WR in free agency.

This. Does anyone also think a trade happens that quickly in any pro sport? During the last twelve hours Manning said "I'll come, but trade Marshall" and then they just quickly made it happen in a few hours? Please. These things take several days to set up.

underrated29
Manning is ours. Its going to happen. I bet we were talking with tom congdon and we finally got the numbers right. They told peyton, cancelled the flight and he will be headed back in the next day or two to sign, seal and deliver.

Tebow will also be staying, signed, sealed, and learning. Then we move in on soliai, tolbert, and by the looks of our little interest in carr/finnegan, id say we take a CB with our first round pick. Kirkpats? Gilmore? Minnie?

and that is how we come full circle from mcdaniels.

DomCasual

Brandon Marshall has prostate cancer?

Kid A
I think this is better news for us or Zona than Miami. He's barely spoken with them but all reports are after the longest visit (with us) we've been in heavy discussions with his agent for the past several days. Does anyone really think after all that he went to Miami and said "Where do I sign?" after dinner and a few discussions?

Yeah. I'm guessing he just really knew Tenn wasn't an option we was serious about and didn't want to waste another 6 hours of everybody's time. Hope all the cocky Denver radio guys who've been tweeting like mad are right...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
This. Does anyone also think a trade happens that quickly in any pro sport? During the last twelve hours Manning said "I'll come, but trade Marshall" and then they just quickly made it happen in a few hours? Please. These things take several days to set up.

I agree. They would've likely had to do a trade before the draft but not as quickly if manning said I want Marshall gone. Or Chicago could've asked them a while ago and they were hesitant, until manning said something.

I think he goes to miami regardless.

DomCasual
Manning is ours. Its going to happen. I bet we were talking with tom congdon and we finally got the numbers right. They told peyton, cancelled the flight and he will be headed back in the next day or two to sign, seal and deliver.

Tebow will also be staying, signed, sealed, and learning. Then we move in on soliai, tolbert, and by the looks of our little interest in carr/finnegan, id say we take a CB with our first round pick. Kirkpats? Gilmore? Minnie?

and that is how we come full circle from mcdaniels.

Any chance Tom Congdon also represents Foneco? We could kill two birds with one stone!

And with Kris Cooper rehabbing, we could plug Foneco in at Guard, and Coop could take his time and really get well.

Taco John
Any thoughts about this?

Manning to Broncos is a done deal:
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/13/2867858/peyton-manning-to-broncos-denver-radio-announcer-says-its-a-done-deal

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I agree. They would've likely had to do a trade before the draft but not as quickly if manning said I want Marshall gone. Or Chicago could've asked them a while ago and they were hesitant, until manning said something.

I think he goes to miami regardless.

And he might. I just am not sold his canceling his visit with Titans means he's decided Miami right now. All it means is he's decided not to play in Tennessee. I do think this is a better sign for us or Zona, though.

Smilin Assassin
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM

He didn't schedule a trip to Tenn, they jumped in late and requested a trip to HIM in North Carolina (Probably where he's working out @ Duke).

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Any thoughts about this?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/13/2867858/peyton-manning-to-broncos-denver-radio-announcer-says-its-a-done-deal

Out of KC? I hope that's not from Nick Athan or for sure he isn't coming here.

Taco John
03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Out of KC? I hope that's not from Nick Athan or for sure he isn't coming here.

Spano is a Denver guy:

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano

Mogulseeker
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
We're still number one on the stock list. In the end it's Peyton's decision, so we'll see if this is BS.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/09000d5d8277880b/article/peyton-manning-stock-watch-whos-the-favorite-right-now?module=HP11_hot_topics

Taco John
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Have you ever known something really, really big, but you couldn't say it. Thats how I feel right now Broncos fans. ;-)

Like I said earlier, the story is written and my finger is on the "Go" button..... whatever that means....

bombay
What does the magic 8 ball say?

And why have I never heard of this spano guy until a day or two ago?

Smilin Assassin
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Spano is a Denver guy:

'These tweets have already been all over the Mane.

This is just a KC reporter picking up the same tweets we've been reading.

pricejj
Spano is a Denver guy:

KC trying to stir the pot...hoping it will somehow ruin our chances.

cousinal11
We're still number one on the stock list. In the end it's Peyton's decision, so we'll see if this is BS.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/09000d5d8277880b/article/peyton-manning-stock-watch-whos-the-favorite-right-now?module=HP11_hot_topics

That 1 looks good beside the Broncos. 1,000th post!

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Have you ever known something really, really big, but you couldn't say it. Thats how I feel right now Broncos fans. ;-)

Like I said earlier, the story is written and my finger is on the "Go" button..... whatever that means....

Now I've started to let myself get excited about this. Damn! I was doing so good about pretending to be aloof and cool. The tension...builds...

http://gifcrap.com/d/676-1/The+Ultimate+Warrior+2.gif

Taco John
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Now I've started to let myself get excited about this. Damn! I was doing so good about pretending to be aloof and cool. The tension...builds...

http://gifcrap.com/d/676-1/The+Ultimate+Warrior+2.gif

I'm a nervous wreck over here. My wife laughs at me because I'm running to my computer every 5 minutes to check if anything new has broke. I absolutely love the idea of making a run for it with Peyton Manning. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

underrated29
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Any chance Tom Congdon also represents Foneco? We could kill two birds with one stone!

And with Kris Cooper rehabbing, we could plug Foneco in at Guard, and Coop could take his time and really get well.

Damn strait. While we are at it, we can bring back Jake Plumber to help mentor tebowe and release bradie qwuine.

It would be an amazing start to the offseason.

Rolandftw
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Spano is incredibly stupid most times. Think him predicting it is likely a kiss of death unfortunately.

scorpio
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
FWIW, Incarcerated Bob just tweeted that Manning to Denver is a done deal. He's usually right.

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob Reply Retweet Favorite Open
**BREAKING PEYTON MANNING NFL NEWS**Source: QB Peyton Manning will be taking his talents to #Denver deal with #Broncos #DONE #IBN #SoLong

Rabb
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/179687546131980289

@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING PEYTON MANNING NFL NEWS**Source: QB Peyton Manning will be taking his talents to #Denver deal with #Broncos #DONE #IBN #SoLong

StugotsIII
Say what you want, but trading Marshall for 2 3rd round picks, is giving him away. Hell, I felt we gave him away when we traded him for 2nd round picks.

Him and Cutler have a great chemistry. No problems there. They gave him away.

This will be Marshalls third team in 4 years....pretty telling.

The guy is a scumbag.

Rabb
jinx, sorry scorpio

orangeatheist
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm a nervous wreck over here. My wife laughs at me because I'm running to my computer every 5 minutes to check if anything new has broke. I absolutely love the idea of making a run for it with Peyton Manning. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

You actually are LEAVING your computer? Pseudofan! :P

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM

That guy made up **** before. I don't trust a thing he says. Just wants Twitter followers and traffic.

Hope he's right though :-)!

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/179687546131980289

@incarceratedbob

@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Tampa Bay Bucs strike again, they have agreed 2sign (G) Carl Nicks #DONE

Er? Not sure about this dude, lol.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 04:08 PM
@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Tampa Bay Bucs strike again, they have agreed 2sign (G) Carl Nicks #DONE

Er? Not sure about this dude, lol.

he has been right....but he has been wrong too. Just like Spanos. But by judging the latest developments in TEN they could be on to something.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Trust a dude in the clink?

DomCasual
03-13-2012, 04:10 PM
You actually are LEAVING your computer? Pseudofan! :P

Yeah, he's pretty much a lightweight.

LonghornBronco
03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
It's official royal is a redskin

UberBroncoMan
ESPN saying the meeting WAS canceled and rescheduled to tonight.

****ing ****.

orangeatheist
104.3 The Fan reporting that Titans visit is re-scheduled for tonight.

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM

OMFG

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM

well ****

55CrushEm
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
LOL

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
BTW... Titans Head Coach is also a Hall of Fame player and a phenomenal recruiter. He's been in the organization for going on 30 years as a player -> to coach.

Taco John
03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
DAMN DAMN DAMN! I leave my computer for 3 minutes to go to the bathroom and this!

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
It's official royal is a redskin

Awesome, we're losing starting WR's while we sit around with our thumb up our ass worshipping Peyton Manning. Meanwhile every wideout in the league is inking elsewhere.

Headless Hessian Rider
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
The Dolphins have reached out to right tackle Eric Winston about a visit to their facility, a team source said.
http://blogs.nfl.com/tags/2012-free-agency/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Another point for Miami?

Ratboy
Wish he would make his decision.

orangeatheist
DAMN DAMN DAMN! I leave my computer for 3 minutes to go to the bathroom and this!

See? Stinkin' pseudofan. I've got a jar...

outdoor_miner
Awesome, we're losing starting WR's while we sit around with our thumb up our ass worshipping Peyton Manning. Meanwhile every wideout in the league is inking elsewhere.

I love how people freak out over every single move in FA. If we wanted Royal, we could easily have resigned him before he hit the market. Obviously, the FO didn't want to do that.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2012, 04:18 PM

Yeah, ummm, if we wanted him, we would have made an effort to keep him. I dont see why we should cry over losing him

outdoor_miner
The Dolphins have reached out to right tackle Eric Winston about a visit to their facility, a team source said.
http://blogs.nfl.com/tags/2012-free-agency/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Another point for Miami?

The only reason that a team would ever reach out to a right tackle is to sign Peyton Manning!

Frisian
This crazy, I go from feeling so confident, to nervous in minutes. At least it is interesting.

UberBroncoMan
Wish he would make his decision.

Wife breathing in his ear...

"But hooooney, I wana raise our children back home in Tennessee. It wouldn't hurt to talk with them now ya hear?"

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 04:19 PM
hahahaha how many of you were constantly pressing f5 to see it the Manning signing was true? Minutes later we get the report out of ESPN that that meeting is back on, and Mort reporting that the Titans are option 1a and us 1b.... though remember his shanny to kc report...hahaha.

We are going to age quickly if he doesn't make up his mind!!!!

UberBroncoMan
The only reason that a team would ever reach out to a right tackle is to sign Peyton Manning!

Long and Winston on the ends with Pouncey at center is very appealing.

orangeatheist
This crazy, I go from feeling so confident, to nervous in minutes. At least it is interesting.

Same....been like this since last Friday.

canadianbroncosfan
Yeah, ummm, if we wanted him, we would have made an effort to keep him. I dont see why we should cry over losing him

I think he has talent but didn't work out here. Not sad to lose him but do wish him luck in Washington.

cousinal11

"But hooooney, I wana raise our children back home in Tennessee. It wouldn't hurt to talk with them now ya hear?"

Peyton, "It can wait honey, the Titans suck!"

BroncoInferno
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM

That makes no sense. With his money, he could just live in Tenn. if it was that big of a deal.

BroncoBeavis
I love how people freak out over every single move in FA. If we wanted Royal, we could easily have resigned him before he hit the market. Obviously, the FO didn't want to do that.

It's not about Royal. It's about the fact that this team couldn't field 4 decent wideouts last year, even if you count Royal.

And here we sit. Praying for Manning and assuming he'll bring Wayne. What if Wayne decides to take his talents to South Beach? They'll sure as hell be able to pay more.

scorpio
I don't trust Mort anymore, he's been riding Schefter's coat tails for a couple years now

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Any thoughts about this?

Who knows? Maybe he's boffing Condon's secretary? ???

UberBroncoMan
That makes no sense. With his money, he could just live in Tenn. if it was that big of a deal.

Tell that to Carmelo Anthony.

tsiguy96
dont understand how manning could want to go to TN, where they HAVE their QBOTF in locker. he played very well in his limited time last year, and hes not going to get traded if manning signs.

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
dont understand how manning could want to go to TN, where they HAVE their QBOTF in locker. he played very well in his limited time last year, and hes not going to get traded if manning signs.

Locker's a year younger and never assumed leadership of the team. He's either going to sit behind Matt or Peyton to start next year. So why would that make any difference?

Rohirrim
See? Stinkin' pseudofan. I've got a jar...

I've got a catheter.

Headless Hessian Rider
Long and Winston on the ends with Pouncey at center is very appealing.

+1

Taco John
03-13-2012, 04:34 PM
"Come on Peyton! We're all going to lose our jobs here if you don't AT LEAST just drop in! Give us a hearing - We've spent the last couple of days getting things prepped - don't crush everybody here without at least giving us an opportunity to say our piece. All I'm asking for is a little cover here. Hear us out, listen to what we have to say - and save a whole mess of people from being fired tomorrow."

orangeatheist
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
"Come on Peyton! We're all going to lose our jobs here if you don't AT LEAST just drop in! Give us a hearing - We've spent the last couple of days getting things prepped - don't crush everybody here without at least giving us an opportunity to say our piece. All I'm asking for is a little cover here. Hear us out, listen to what we have to say - and save a whole mess of people from being fired tomorrow."

Ya see, I was thinking something similar. The plane was on the tarmac and then the meeting was cancelled. You can imagine the phone calls. Manning then feels bad not at least giving them the courtesy of a listen but won't be swayed by a team merely willing to throw cash at him. But, I dunno. I feel like a yo-yo.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
NFL Network's Correspondent in Tennessee just repeated bud adam's plane trip to durham, NC has been cancelled so I ask again, is there a reliable source saying the Titans and Peyton meeting is back on?

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Do something, Bowlen, you drunk bastage.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
104.3 took a break...Dmac basically hinting he's a Titan.

The ****.

WolfpackGuy
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I thought he wasn't signing until the end of the week?

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
NFL Network's Correspondent in Tennessee just repeated bud adam's plane trip to durham, NC has been cancelled so I ask again, is there a reliable source saying the Titans and Peyton meeting is back on?

ESPN said it was back on. That's reliable enough.

BroncoBeavis
ESPN said it was back on. That's reliable enough.

Bull****. If it's not on Twitter, it isn't happening.

UberBroncoMan
I still think Peyton's wife is having a substantial impact on his decision.

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Ashley-Manning-looks-up-to-her-husband-Peyton-Manning.jpg

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Edited to say...nevermind.

Crap!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279096d/article/munchak-palmer-to-meet-with-peyton-manning-in-next-two-days?module=HP11_headline_stack

pricejj
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM

After all, it's not like we only have 3 receivers on the roster or anything (only 1 of which can get open and catch).

ChampBailey24
03-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Clarification. Manning is NOT visiting with Titans in NC, just like I reported earlier, but they will visit him in Indiana on Weds.

oubronco
03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
have we signed anyone?

orangeatheist
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
104.3 took a break...Dmac basically hinting he's a Titan.

The ****.

Al's giving props to EFX saying they've done everything possible to land Manning and he'd be surprised if he doesn't land here. Dmac is saying it just comes down to money.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
After all, it's not like we only have 3 receivers on the roster or anything (only 1 of which can get open and catch).

He is mad we lost Tebow's flanker option guy.

vancejohnson82
03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
have we signed anyone?

I just signed my credit card receipt at the liquor store in preparation for bad news

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 05:00 PM

There's really only 2 good opportunities a year to add talent. We're pissing away one of them. And the other is a crapshoot.

Front Office failure all the way around.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
There's really only 2 good opportunities a year to add talent. We're pissing away one of them. And the other is a crapshoot.

We are three hours into free agency, you beavis never fail.

DBroncos4life

**** dude FA just Fing started! There is more then one day!!!! The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!

WORST OFFSEAON EVER!!!! Fire everyone!!!

rbackfactory80

Yep. We could have nailed some line talent. Mario Williams is visiting the Bills and I am sure he would listen to Denver.

UberBroncoMan
Al's giving props to EFX saying they've done everything possible to land Manning and he'd be surprised if he doesn't land here. Dmac is saying it just comes down to money.

Just don't see how we can beat the Titans. Bud Adams is ready to hand the franchise over to him. Front office and part-ownership. He's old as **** and doesn't give a **** anymore. He has to have his Manning.

rbackfactory80
03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Manning raw-dogged us again.

Rolandftw
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I think I should just assume Denver won't get Manning, so I won't be disappointed. Keep building through the draft would probably mean more anyways.

orangeatheist
Just don't see how we can beat the Titans. Bud Adams is ready to hand the franchise over to him. Front office and part-ownership. He's old as **** and doesn't give a **** anymore. He has to have his Manning.

I know...a whole lot of air went out of my sails...

Houshyamama

Has this been confirmed? Wouldn't this count as part of his compensation for playing?

orangeatheist
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I think I should just assume Denver won't get Manning, so I won't be disappointed. Keep building through the draft would probably mean more anyways.

Yeah...I'm trying that on for size, too.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
It is apparently no longer tonight. Rescheduled AGAIN.

Now for tomorrow. Going to be back in Indy instead of North Carolina.

‏ <s>@</s>terrymc13 (https://twitter.com/#%21/terrymc13)

(https://twitter.com/#%21/terrymc13) Looks like <s>#</s>Titans (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Titans) meeting with Peyton Manning won't take place until tomorrow then.

Ratboy
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Peyton, just fly back to Denver.

Houshyamama
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hn-enjcgV1o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hn-enjcgV1o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

pricejj
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM

You think it's funny now? If Peyton Manning doesn't sign with the Broncos, it ain't gonna be funny at all. The Broncos will have to use a high draft pick on a WR, after giving up Gaffney, Lloyd, and Royal (3 starters) for basically a 5th round draft pick.

Broncos are in it for Manning, Wayne, Saturday, Clark, and Stokely or bust...

Not a good plan, not a good plan at all.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM

He may have just had to get a few things in Indy done before flying out west.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 05:15 PM

just like last year

broncolife
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
It is apparently no longer tonight. Rescheduled AGAIN.

Now for tomorrow. Going to be back in Indy instead of North Carolina.

‏ <s>@</s>terrymc13 (https://twitter.com/#%21/terrymc13)

(https://twitter.com/#%21/terrymc13) Looks like <s>#</s>Titans (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Titans) meeting with Peyton Manning won't take place until tomorrow then.

Does he really want to go to a team that cant even get it right to just meet him?

Rolandftw
Why would they have to use a high draft pick on a WR? They need to use a pick on a young WR either way anyways... doesn't have to be high though.

cousinal11
You think it's funny now? If Peyton Manning doesn't sign with the Broncos, it ain't gonna be funny at all. The Broncos will have to use a high draft pick on a WR, after giving up Gaffney, Lloyd, and Royal (3 starters) for basically a 5th round draft pick.

Broncos are in it for Manning, Wayne, Saturday, Clark, Stokely or bust...

U got a sweet attitude. Has there even been 10 signings in the entire league to this point?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Broncos are in it for Manning, Wayne, Saturday, Clark, Stokely or bust...

2 years 12 million dollars for Royal is funny to me. There are some very good WR's in this years draft so I'm not worried.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Does he really want to go to a team that cant even get it right to just meet him?

I'm wondering the same thing. Bud Adams still thinks its 2006 too.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
You guys saw Lombard just moments ago say that Manning met with TEN today?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
U got a sweet attitude. Has there even been 10 signings in the entire league to this point?

I love the world is over after 3 hour fans.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 05:21 PM
You guys saw Lombard just moments ago say that Manning met with TEN today?

No, details?

Smilin Assassin
Free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) spent Tuesday, March 13, meeting with the Tennessee Titans.

| Source: NFL Network - Michael Lombardi

I'm beginning to think no-one has any idea what's going on.

Ratboy
He may have just had to get a few things in Indy done before flying out west.

Yeah, has to pick out a suit.

Kid A
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts) spent Tuesday, March 13, meeting with the Tennessee Titans.

| Source: NFL Network - Michael Lombardi

I'm beginning to think no-one has any idea what's going on.

Well half these guys seem to be basing their guesses as to when they are meeting off the Flight tracker of Bud Adams jet. If Lombardi says they already met, i give it some credence.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
No he just said it while talking about his possibilities. Then they went to correspondents at denver and ari. But nothing we don't know.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Like I said...if Peyton Manning doesn't sign in Denver, we are in big trouble...

There is no way in hell this team should be drafting another WR in round 1 with all the holes we have to fill. If Peyton doesn't come here, Tebow will have almost nothing to work with.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Like I said...if Peyton Manning doesn't sign in Denver, we are in big trouble...

There is no way in hell this team should be drafting another WR in round 1 with all the holes we have to fill. If Peyton doesn't come here, Tebow will have almost nothing to work with.

The draft is still over a month away. Peyton will make his mind up soon enough. None of the so called package that comes with him have signed elsewhere so we will see how it plays out.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM

Losing a guy with 19 catches last year= having to draft a WR first round. Hilarious!LOL:giggle:

cutthemdown
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Right now team basically what it was last yr minus royal. Not saying its a lot to work with only that with DT healthy all yr probably still better.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe he already met with them and the plane everyone thought was for a meeting is actually going to pick Manning up and take him back to Tennessee for the presser.

JUST SAYING!

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Right now team basically what it was last yr minus royal. Not saying its a lot to work with only that with DT healthy all yr probably still better.

It's not about f'ing Royal. It's about the fact that we're not trying to get anyone while watching Royal walk. We're going to need another WR. We all held out hope we could do better than Royal.

Now all the numbnuts keep saying Royal's easy to replace. A quality FO with tons of cap looks to get BETTER than they talent they lost. Not just replace it.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Losing a guy with 19 catches last year= having to draft a WR first round. Hilarious!LOL:giggle:

Ok, where else do you plan on finding another #2 receiver who can get open down the field AND catch the ball (assuming DT is now a legit #1)? I guess maybe you think we are going to be running the triple-option again next year, and don't need any receivers?

teknic
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Ok, where else do you plan on finding another #2 receiver who can get open down the field AND catch the ball (assuming DT is now a legit #1)? I guess maybe you think we are going to be running the triple-option again next year, and don't need any receivers?

If we get Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne would fill that role nicely, and kick Decker to the slot.

Mogulseeker
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
If we don't get Manning, I think Fox could very well go into the season with just D.Thomas, Decker, Willis and Jason Hill. That's four, and he rarely runs 3-wide sets, let alone 4-wide sets.

I wouldn't be all too opposed to taking a TE in the high rounds... I still think J.Thomas has potential, and Fells is solid, but Fox is more likely to consistantly use 3 TEs than 3 WRs.

pricejj
If we get Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne would fill that role nicely, and kick Decker to the slot.

Yeah, that's a big IF...

If not, then your looking at filling 3 WR spots in the draft...or much more likely,filling the spots with crappy players.

DBroncos4life
Well looking at our top two WR's from last year in yards catches and TDs I think we have him already. It's not like Willis didn't equal Royal's numbers lol.

I love Royal but you are nuts if you think he is going to be hard to replace.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Well looking at our top two WR's from last year in yards catches and TDs I think we have him already. It's not like Willis didn't equal Royal's numbers lol.

I love Royal but you are nuts if you think he is going to be hard to replace.

Oh yes, DT and Decker are all we need. They didn't have problems getting open or catching the ball at all.

Just to let you know...out of approximately $148M to spend on the football team this year, the Broncos have spent $20M on the offense.

fdf
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Brandon Marshall has prostate cancer?

Cancer of the team.

vancejohnson82
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Oh yes, DT and Decker are all we need. They didn't have problems getting open or catching the ball at all.

Just to let you know...out of approximately $148M to spend on the football team this year, the Broncos have spent $20M on the offense.

Can't believe we have to talk you off the ledge after losing a guy like Royal.

Love me some Eddie highlights but they've been too far and too between

BMarsh615
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Denver is still viewed as the team to beat for Peyton Manning and the boys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/omarkelly/status/179718874126757888

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

19 catches for less then 200 yards is what you are freaking out about. LOL

Laurent Robinson is worth 6 mill a year, not Royal.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

and have 50 million to spend, 2nd most in the league.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
NFL Network just said there is speculation that Manuchak left the Titans facility 15 min ago and is heading toward the airport.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
and have 50 million to spend, 2nd most in the league.

$60,005,761

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Can't believe how some underestimate Royal.

Without his punt/kick returns or his TD catch in the playoffs they don't win or even get in.

We all saw what happens when this team puts someone else back there. It ends up as a muffed punt at the 3 YARD LINE

Smilin Assassin
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
NFL Network just said there is speculation that Manuchak left the Titans facility 15 min ago and is heading toward the airport.

We need to nab him if so. A Manuchak is almost as rare as the elusive Picachu.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Can't believe how some underestimate Royal.

Without his punt/kick returns or his TD catch in the playoffs they don't win or even get in.

We all saw what happens when this team puts someone else back there. It ends up as a muffed punt at the 3 YARD LINE

Come on man. He is nice but not 2 years 12 million dollars nice. Ginn can give us the 19 catches a year and a better return man for cheaper then that.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
19 catches for less then 200 yards is what you are freaking out about. LOL

Laurent Robinson is worth 6 mill a year, not Royal.

Royal isn't going to bust in Washington, are you crazy? Eddie is a weapon.

All I know is we need a guy in the 4.3's who can stretch the defense. The Broncos, so far, haven't even shown any interest in any offensive weapons (except for PM).

All they are after is another backup safety, and a plan B NT in case Bunkley falls through. Cheap bastards.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
We need to nab him if so. A Manuchak is almost as rare as the elusive Picachu.

hahaha sry Munchak....

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
$60,005,761

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

^ Even better, Rich Eisen and the boys at NFL Network had a different number earlier today.

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM

All I know is we need a guy in the 4.3's who can stretch the defense. The Broncos, so far, haven't even shown any interest in any offensive weapons (except for PM).

All they are after is another backup safety, and a plan B NT in case Bunkley falls through. Cheap bastards.

^ That's all you're hearing, we as fans have no clue what is really going on behind closed doors.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I thought we would at least be looking for an upgrade at OG or C. Peyton wont last with Beadles and Walton blocking up the middle. That's without even saying Franklin is suspect in pass protection at best.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM

He is a weapon? His stats don't show it.

Royal as a rookie was a 4.42 guy and that was a few years ago so we would be looking for a 4.3 guy anyways.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Come on man. He is nice but not 2 years 12 million dollars nice. Ginn can give us the 19 catches a year and a better return man for cheaper then that.

It's not royals fault his QB throws at his feet.

Next season Royal catches at least 60-70 balls. Bank on it.

Old Dude
03-13-2012, 06:24 PM

I'm sure Manning will at least listen to the pitch, especially since the Titans are going to the trouble of visiting him.

What I think is interesting is that we've heard virtually nothing about anyone scheduling any visits with Clark, Wayne, Saturday, etc.

pricejj
^ That's all you're hearing, we as fans have no clue what is really going on behind closed doors.

I hoped last year was an anomaly, because of the new FO...let's see how Xanders and his "value" signings work out this year.

DBroncos4life

Well he's topped that number once so I like my chances.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM

Exactly...couple that with a couple punt returns to the house.

TonyR
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
What I think is interesting is that we've heard virtually nothing about anyone scheduling any visits with Clark, Wayne, Saturday, etc.

I have a bad feeling we're going to overpay for all of them if/when we sign Manning...

pricejj
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM

I guess I must have missed what your plan was? Who do you recommend to bring in as a WR? or 3?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Exactly...couple that with a couple punt returns to the house.

He has TWO punt returns in four years for TDs and now that he is a Skin he is going to go off?

cousinal11
03-13-2012, 06:28 PM

If we get Peyton we will be a threat to crash the Super Bowl for a few years & the redskins won't make the playoffs during Peyton's time in Denver. Bank on it!

peacepipe
03-13-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a bad feeling we're going to overpay for all of them if/when we sign Manning...I doubt it, they'll want to play in denver.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
I guess I must have missed what your plan was? Who do you recommend to bring in as a WR? or 3?

Robinson, Ginn, Manningham, Wayne, Meachem or Steve Smith could replace Royal no problem.

CEH
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
THis place would explode if we signed Eddie for $6MM a year and failed to secure Manning.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
THis place would explode if we signed Eddie for $6MM a year and failed to secure Manning.

yep

orinjkrush
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
plan for the worst and hope for the best.

lets go sign Wayne. it might make a difference with or without Pay a ton.

Old Dude
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a bad feeling we're going to overpay for all of them if/when we sign Manning...

Clark is 33 and coming off a horrendous season. Dropped balls left and right, couldn't block at all. Second season in a row he's been banged up.

Hard to tell how many of the recently released Colts are dropping off in age and injuries or to what extent Manning's loss (and his replacement's ineptitude) just cascaded down.

chawknz
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Indy Star is reporting that Wayne is talking with the Colts? Gesh

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120313/SPORTS03/120313030/Reggie-Wayne-Cory-Redding-talks-Colts-Garcon-joins-Redskins

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Well Eddie gave them a chance to trade him. Now he walks for nothing. If shanny was eager enough to throw a lot of money at him, he would've given a 4th

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Not a coincidence that was the last time he had a decent QB.

rbackfactory80
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
90 mil over 4 years 45 mil guaranteed. Still want him?

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM

Holy f*** that better not be true.

Lev Vyvanse
03-13-2012, 07:22 PM

I'll take two please.

RaiderH8r
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Spano is Condon and we're getting taken to the cleaners.

DENVERDUI55
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM

He can't stay healthy.

Ratboy
03-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Well Eddie gave them a chance to trade him. Now he walks for nothing. If shanny was eager enough to throw a lot of money at him, he would've given a 4th

We'll get a conditional pick next year, right?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Not a coincidence that was the last time he had a decent QB.
Considering the average price of the top 5 wrs in the NFL is 9.5 million a year, Royal should be getting 6 million a year for what he did 4 seasons ago.

Mogulseeker
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/PeytonTitans.jpg

Lev Vyvanse
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
We'll get a conditional pick next year, right?

I think he was unrestricted.

razorwire77
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Meh. Eddie was a good guy, but honestly after his rookie year production there is very little that couldn't be replaced by drafting a 4th round slot WR burner/returner.

And there will be several to choose from.

On to the next one.

rugbythug
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Eddie had a Great Rookie season. But even then it was very front loaded. He is a #4 WR/Special Teams guy.