PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Meriweather to visit.

toad
03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Per Schefter.

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe he can play special teams during the preseason.

HooptyHoops
03-13-2012, 01:27 PM
blah...

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
...yeah, this isn't a commitment to winning.

Brandon Carr please.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-13-2012, 01:36 PM
"Good news Brandon, Mr. Bowlen has signed off on the veteran minimum!"

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
"Good news Brandon, Mr. Bowlen has signed off on the veteran minimum!"

I don't even think he's worth the roster spot. The dude has been ****.

i4jelway7
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
pass

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2012, 01:40 PM
My god i hope we dont miss out on Manning.

I just smell 4-12 this season

UberBroncoMan
Question is, why the **** we're even considering him. He has a history of slacking. The Patriots spent a 1st on him and kicked him the **** out. Then you have the Bears which are known for D and they don't even want to keep him.

yerner
Didn't he shoot somebody?

pricejj
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Remarkably...both Meriweather and Soliai are actually worse than Marcus Thomas and Brian Dawkins.

Way to pursue a downgrade Xanders.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Typical Xanders. It's a "value signing".

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Remarkably...both Meriweather and Soliai are actually worse than Marcus Thomas and Brian Dawkins.

Way to pursue a downgrade Xanders.

You really think Soliai is worse than Thomas? I don't know much about him.

Orange_Beard
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
I hope he is coming to Colorado to Ski...not to visit the Broncos.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 02:01 PM
http://holidaygifgiver.com/media/images/gifs/333/333_original.gif

LittleFloyd
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
yawn

barryr
03-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd pass on him.

ayjackson
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Worth a shot. Better than Dawkins. Most Pats fans were surprised he was cut.

TheReverend
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't even think he's worth the roster spot. The dude has been ****.

You mean the talent deprived Pats secondary being eager to send this guy packing doesn't mean he's awesome?!?!?

Orange_Beard
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd pass on him.

That's what all the QB's say.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
You really think Soliai is worse than Thomas? I don't know much about him.

Soliai is actually a good run-stuffer (better than Bunkley and Thomas), but he will cost a lot...if the Broncos sign him, they won't give Bunkley starter money.

chickennob2
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Soliai is actually a good run-stuffer (better than Bunkley and Thomas), but he will cost a lot...if the Broncos sign him, they won't give Bunkley starter money.

You have quite the active imagination. Please, tell me more about the Broncos free agency plans.

kappys
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Robert Ayers got moved to UT on a more permanent basis - he has the strength for the role and seemed to generate pretty good pressure towards the end of last season from the spot. He almost seems a better fit as a pass rushing UT than he does at LDE.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
You have quite the active imagination. Please, tell me more about the Broncos free agency plans.

Are you another guy who thinks the Broncos are going to sign two NT's to starter money? That would be quite the novelty... How much money do you think the Broncos plan on tying up at Nose Tackle?

Looks like Bunkley is going to find out what his value is on the open market...

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Robert Ayers got moved to UT on a more permanent basis - he has the strength for the role and seemed to generate pretty good pressure towards the end of last season from the spot. He almost seems a better fit as a pass rushing UT than he does at LDE.

Could be. The draft is also deeper in premier 4-3 DE's, than UT's... I would hate to see the Broncos reach on a DT in the draft

Turd_Ferguson
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
JIM LEONHARD! PLEASE! Meriweather is a dumb ass. For one he is a poster boy for retarded 15 yard hits, and for two he is a thug.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM

6:15 PM Albert Breer on NFLN says Paul Soliai is only a backup plan for if the Broncos cannot re-sign Brodrick Bunkley, and he reiterated that the team is feeling confident about Manning

Apologies accepted mother****er.

WolfpackGuy
Whatever happened to Meriweather anyway?

He was decent at one time.

Well, after he got his act together after hitting that FIU player with his helmet in the brawl he was in during college.

DBroncos4life
The dude sucks.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
JIM LEONHARD! PLEASE! Meriweather is a dumb ass. For one he is a poster boy for retarded 15 yard hits, and for two he is a thug.

I distinctly remember Eddie Royal juking Jim Leonhard on the goal line against the Jets in Mile High, to spark the game winning drive. The only way I want Leonhard in Denver is to pick his jockstrap up off the field.

#nothanks

Turd_Ferguson
03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I distinctly remember Eddie Royal juking Jim Leonhard on the goal line against the Jets in Mile High, to spark the game winning drive. The only way I want Leonhard in Denver is to pick his jockstrap up off the field.

#nothanks

I distinctly remember him being the signal caller for the Jets defense, and also remember him being called the leader of that defense, that went to **** when he broke his leg a couple years ago. Please tell me what available super star safety out there is soooo much better than him, or perhaps which safety on the Broncos is better?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I distinctly remember him being the signal caller for the Jets defense, and also remember him being called the leader of that defense, that went to **** when he broke his leg a couple years ago. Please tell me what available super star safety out there is soooo much better than him, or perhaps which safety on the Broncos is better?

Reggie Nelson

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM

This year: 1. Reggie Nelson 2. or resign Brian Dawkins 2. or draft Mark Barron

Next year: 1. Move Carter to SS (hope Moore improves) 2. or draft an SS like Ray Ray Armstrong (next year is a good draft for SS) 3. or move Champ to FS, Carter to SS

yerner
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM
This year: 1. Reggie Nelson 2. or resign Brian Dawkins 2. or draft Mark Barron

Next year: 1. Move Carter to SS (hope Moore improves) 2. or draft an SS like Ray Ray Armstrong (next year is a good draft for SS) 3. or move Champ to FS, Carter to SS

Is there really a guy named Ray Ray Armstrong? If so, I want him.

pricejj
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Is there really a guy named Ray Ray Armstrong? If so, I want him.

Yeah he's like another Steve Atwater (tall, lean, and mean)...not a joker like Rahim Moore and Quenton Carter.

He was suspended for the first 4 games this year because of the Miami booster fiasco, and only finished with 1 int., otherwise he would have came out for the draft.

Could be a 1st rounder in 2013, with a stellar year.

yerner
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah he's like another Steve Atwater (tall, lean, and mean)...not a joker like Rahim Moore and Quenton Carter.

He was suspended for the first 4 games this year because of the Miami booster fiasco, and only finished with 1 int., otherwise he would have came out for the draft.

that's pretty sweet.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Wasn't he a 2 time pro bowler? He freelances a lot which doesnt bode well for coaches. And the yellow flags attract to him.

OrangeCrush2724
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM

If they could get both, this defense can be special. All of a sudden, we can get BPA in the first round.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-13-2012, 04:17 PM
If they could get both, this defense can be special. All of a sudden, we can get BPA in the first round.

It'd be redundant. He and Bunk do the exact same thing. We need a DT that can collapse the pocket

Dr. Broncenstein
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
If history has taught us anything, patriot castoffs make great broncos.

WolfpackGuy
03-13-2012, 04:39 PM
If history has taught us anything, patriot castoffs make great broncos.

Especially when running/tripping while coming out of the tunnel...

teknic
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Atogwe.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM

Ray Ray is total garbage in coverage. Should have been a LB'er. Massively overrated. But...he's been wearing the black jersey in spring ball so far, so at least he's working hard and impressing someone.

KevinJames
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Bears free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather now planning to visit Washington on Wednesday.

thank goodness

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
On to Washington.

PEACE BRO!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/brandon-meriweather-will-visit-redskins-on-wednesday/

kane0730
03-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Bears free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather now planning to visit Washington on Wednesday.

thank goodness

Finally some good news on the FA front!

R8R H8R
03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Apparently, Merriweather hasn't signed yet. Either the Broncos were not really interested or they gave him a veteran's minimum type deal that he was insulted by. Some guys have an overinflated opinion of themselves.