PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency Kick Off - Manning, Caldwell, Porter, Adams, Dreesen, Hanie and Tamme signed

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

yerner
03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Anybody think we should be interested in OG Evan Mathis? He still hasn't re-signed with the Eagles although apparently they are interested in keeping him.

He is really good. It certainly would be an upgrade.

ProFootballFocus.com rated Mathis as the best left guard in the NFL for the 2011 season

TonyR
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm sure they have cell phones.

Certainly, but these deals get done in person. Can't get a contract done over the phone. A visit is almost always part of the process.

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Certainly, but these deals get done in person. Can't get a contract done over the phone. A visit is almost always part of the process.

I'm really hoping the Broncos sign PM today. That will perk up the other signings. ;D

MABroncoFan
03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
MileHighReport‏@MileHighReportReply

RT @jnsanchez: Sources say that, if Denver lands Peyton Manning, they will part ways with their first-round pick for Mike Wallace.

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 10:52 AM

RT @jnsanchez: Sources say that, if Denver lands Peyton Manning, they will part ways with their first-round pick for Mike Wallace.

Sources?

http://www.cenewsblog.com/.a/6a00e00992a1f888330115724d093b970b-500wi

MABroncoFan
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Sources?

http://www.cenewsblog.com/.a/6a00e00992a1f888330115724d093b970b-500wi

No idea. Could be Mike Mayock speculating for all we know.

BroncoBeavis
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
McClain, Trufant and Del Rio are in a board room right now, eating donuts and watching flighttracker.com.

Ahahahaha

Lestat
03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
unless they give him an insane pay day i don't see the Steelers letting him go. granted it would give them two firsts and a chance to grab say Hightower and Hill potentially but i don't see them letting him walk when they're trying to expand their offense and make it more balanced and run driven than just on big ben's shoulders.

that said, Mike Wallace + Peyton Manning = #winning.
even better, Mike Wallace,Optimus Prime & Eric Decker = potential New Orleans offense numbers.

Killericon
03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏ (https://twitter.com/#%21/JasonLaCanfora)LB Geno Hayes will be visiting the Broncos <s>#</s>freeagency (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23freeagency)

Lestat
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
so i'm guessing that the Broncos aren't happy with their LB corp(probably not thrilled with DJ's suspension either) & likely don't wanna spend a 1st on the LB's in this class.
Jason La Canfora ‏ (https://twitter.com/#%21/JasonLaCanfora)LB Geno Hayes will be visiting the Broncos <s>#</s>freeagency (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23freeagency)

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
No thanks.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say the girlfriend of Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Geno Hayes stabbed him in the head and in the neck.

Hayes
A Hillsborough County Sheriff's spokeswoman says Hayes was taken to a hospital by a friend Saturday. The 21-year-old former Florida State player was treated and later released.

Deputies arrested 19-year-old Shevelle Bagley on Saturday afternoon. The sheriff's spokeswoman says Hayes and Bagley got into an argument, which led to Bagley grabbing a pair of scissors and stabbing Hayes in the head. He managed to get the scissors away from her, but authorities say she then grabbed a knife and stabbed him in the neck.

Bagley was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Jail records show she was released Sunday on $25,000 bail.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

barryr
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Hayes fits the kind of LB's Fox tended to have in Carolina at least.

Rabb
03-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I just like his name, like I want to yell out "Hey Genoooooo!!!"

TonyR
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Is Wimbley worth a look? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/report-raiders-releasing-kamerion-wimbley-today/

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
If he signs one or both of DJ and Wesley aren't coming back.

Rohirrim
03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
My gut feeling is that DJ is gone, regardless.

Requiem
03-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Williams is the only WLB on the team, getting Hayes is insurance for DJ being suspended and he can start no problem.

I hope Irving gets a chance to ball, but McClain is a starter there too. I don't see Mike Mohammed being anything other than a role player.

Miller is the only SLB on the team as well.

I would not count out Denver drafting a LB in the top three rounds either.

Dedhed
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
My gut feeling is that DJ is gone, regardless.

:pray:

DBroncos4life
Williams is the only WLB on the team, getting Hayes is insurance for DJ being suspended and he can start no problem.

I hope Irving gets a chance to ball, but McClain is a starter there too. I don't see Mike Mohammed being anything other than a role player.

Get me David please!!!

cutthemdown
Is Wimbley worth a look? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/report-raiders-releasing-kamerion-wimbley-today/

Hes a great pass rusher.

barryr
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Hes a great pass rusher.

Dallas might make a run at him and seems to fit a 3-4 defense better unless he was to backup Miller and be a pass rushing SLB.

Requiem
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Get me David please!!!

If he is there at our selection in the second round you have to consider him. Upshaw and Brown are the only OLB prospects better than him.

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Zbikowski SS signed with the Colts and Wimbley officially released.

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Trufant and McClain only in for physicals not expected to sign today.

cmhargrove
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM

I thought Irving was also considered a possible WLB also. Was this a scouting report, or did he actually play a season there in college?

RADRHATR
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Why are we not giving DE Mark Anderson a look? He killed us last year.

Killericon
03-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Why are we not giving DE Mark Anderson a look? He killed us last year.

Because we have Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and Robert Ayers?

Ratboy
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi Reply Retweet Favorite Open
As I've been saying all week, time is on the Broncos side. They have no deadlines. More FA signings when they return to Denver.

Vic certainly made it seem like they are headed back to sign some of their guests.

canadianbroncosfan
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
@VicLombardi

More FA signings when they return to Denver. details to come.

Drek
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi Reply Retweet Favorite Open
As I've been saying all week, time is on the Broncos side. They have no deadlines. More FA signings when they return to Denver.

Vic certainly made it seem like they are headed back to sign some of their guests.

I'll believe it when I see it.

If we let Tolbert go back to SD for reasonable money I'll be pissed though. We need a back like him and where would SD be if they needed to rely entirely on Matthews next season? Up **** creek, that's where. We'd force them to address RB in some other inferior or more costly way, such as an early draft pick, while improving ourselves.

This is why we should have been going hard after Brandon Carr and why we shouldn't like Allen get Porter without at least driving the price up in Oakland. We aren't even competing to make life hard on our division, we're letting them work unchecked while our roster sits vacant in many of these same areas.

Archer81
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Never hurts to have more passrush. Ever.

:Broncos:

Drek
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM

Ayers can step in to DT on passing downs with Anderson coming off the strong side. Would be a very good situational weapon.

But I'm betting he wants a full time gig and the payday that goes along with being an elite pass rusher. He had 10 sacks in a part time role already last season, he's not likely to leave New England for a similar role elsewhere.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM

4 pass rushing DEs is a luxury a team with ZERO starting quality DTs cannot afford.

RADRHATR
03-16-2012, 03:04 PM

Yep, you are totally right. Totally explians why we showed intrest in Abraham and M. Williams.

DBroncos4life
03-16-2012, 03:04 PM

I think he is a product of BB. Carter look all pro last year as well.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Yep, you are totally right. Totally explians why we showed intrest in Abraham and M. Williams.

No, in reality we didn't show any interest in either player.

broncolife
03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
No thanks.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say the girlfriend of Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Geno Hayes stabbed him in the head and in the neck.

Hayes
A Hillsborough County Sheriff's spokeswoman says Hayes was taken to a hospital by a friend Saturday. The 21-year-old former Florida State player was treated and later released.

Deputies arrested 19-year-old Shevelle Bagley on Saturday afternoon. The sheriff's spokeswoman says Hayes and Bagley got into an argument, which led to Bagley grabbing a pair of scissors and stabbing Hayes in the head. He managed to get the scissors away from her, but authorities say she then grabbed a knife and stabbed him in the neck.

Bagley was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Jail records show she was released Sunday on $25,000 bail.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Ah this signing would make perfect since. Everybody says Mcclain was being groomed after Ray Lewis. Mcclain could practice his Ray Lewis techniques on this guy.

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Our former DC made a couple of sound signings today.

Rated both Brisiel and Bartell above anyone we've brought in for a visit yet.

On the whole we're dead last in the West for me in pick-ups so far.

Chargers miles ahead with Meachem, Jarrett Johnson, Royal and McClain inked plus bringing back their 2 main OL free agents. KC even ahead with Hillis and Boss, Winston looks set to take over their RT spot too.

If we can get Manning that all changes but as of right now, I think that hope is dwndling with every day that passes.

RaiderH8r
03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Our former DC made a couple of sound signings today.

Rated both Brisiel and Bartell above anyone we've brought in for a visit yet.

On the whole we're dead last in the West for me in pick-ups so far.

Chargers miles ahead with Meachem, Jarrett Johnson, Royal and McClain inked plus bringing back their 2 main OL free agents. KC even ahead with Hillis and Boss, Winston looks set to take over their RT spot too.

If we can get Manning that all changes but as of right now, I think that hope is dwndling with every day that passes.

Our FO is Bengalesque in their approach.

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 05:31 PM
What the **** happened to brining Bunkley back as well. Have they put him on the back burner too until they get their tongue's removed from 18's ass???

TonyR
03-16-2012, 06:14 PM
@VicLombardi

Come on , Vic. Still waiting for these details...

RaiderH8r
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Come on , Vic. Still waiting for these details...

After the pizza gets there.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
SD is cleaning up. We got one signing for a player that ain't even good. All this cap space. They have their number for manning they know what they can spend and still nothing.

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Chargers lost Jackson, Tolbert, McNeill, Castillo, Gregory and Dielman retired.

extralife
03-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Chargers lost Jackson, Chiefs lost Carr. They are worse today than they were a week ago. We're the same.

the bar ain't very high in the AFC Last

Requiem
03-16-2012, 07:09 PM
If Denver is able to get Jameel, Geno, Peyton in addition to Adams at safey, that would be good. I hope the Broncos can strike a deal with Peyton so we can move Tebow and end up with better draft picks or positioning. If they don't give us a straight up pick, swapping early picks would be ideal to get a higher selection.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-16-2012, 07:11 PM
If Denver is able to get Jameel, Geno, Peyton in addition to Adams at safey, that would be good. I hope the Broncos can strike a deal with Peyton so we can move Tebow and end up with better draft picks or positioning. If they don't give us a straight up pick, swapping early picks would be ideal to get a higher selection.

I really dont think we're gonna get much for tim

boltaneer
03-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Chargers lost Jackson, Chiefs lost Carr. They are worse today than they were a week ago. We're the same.

the bar ain't very high in the AFC Last

I think you guys might be surprised how these replacements fare. It might be hard to believe unless you watched all their games but the o-line improved quite a bit when Gaither and Green replaced McNeill and Dielman.

I'm not a big Tolbert fan so I think he can be replaced fairly easily. I think they get a journeyman RB to back up Mathews and get a third down type of back in the draft.

I liked Gregory. He played hard and overachieved but is definitely just a guy. I don't think they can fill this hole in FA so it's going to have to be Stucky stepping up or they draft a new safety.

They need some depth for the o-line but I think the offense will be fine.

Where I still worry is the defense:

Cornerback: Jammer looked slow last year, Cason regressed and the rookie CBs they drafted struggled big time. Hopefully that was Manusky's ineptness that made the secondary look so bad last year.

OLB: I still think they need to draft a pass rusher with their first pick.

DE/DT: They need to replace or re-sign Garay. They need more depth on the d-line too. I think the Chargers are about done in FA so this is going to be filled with the draft.

Problem is, I don't think they can fill all these remaining holes on the defense through the draft so either Pagano is going to have to work some magic or they're going to struggle on defense again.

oubronco
03-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I really dont think we're gonna get much for tim

Has anyone even acquired about Tebow

SonOfLe-loLang
03-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Has anyone even acquired about Tebow

I still think, at his VERY worst, he's still the best goal line threat in the league...that has value to me.

oubronco
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Adam Schefter‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter

Chris Myers contract with Houston: 4 years for $25mil with $14mil fully guaranteed.

barryr
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM
The Chargers signed McClain, a FB, so would they really look to re-sign Tolbert too? Sure, Tolbert played some RB, but seems he could get more carries and passes from other teams.

TonyR
03-16-2012, 09:24 PM
@VicLombardi

Lombardi must have expected some of these guys to sign today but it didn't happen...

7:49 pm According to the DP, Geno Hayes, Jameel McClain, and Marcus Trufant all visited Dove Valley today, where they were presumably hosted by Jack Del Rio in the absence of EFX. All three players took physicals but will not sign contracts today; the article says the team would like to re-sign both Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/free-agency-thread-3-16-12

eddie mac
03-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Tolbert is signing for either Pittsburgh or Carolina.

RaiderH8r
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Do not like.

Archer81
03-16-2012, 09:39 PM

Manning or Bust wooo!

RB might be a draft priority...interesting.

Gcver2ver3
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Lombardi must have expected some of these guys to sign today but it didn't happen...

7:49 pm According to the DP, Geno Hayes, Jameel McClain, and Marcus Trufant all visited Dove Valley today, where they were presumably hosted by Jack Del Rio in the absence of EFX. All three players took physicals but will not sign contracts today; the article says the team would like to re-sign both Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays.

fail...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM

Of course they want to re sign Woodyard and mays. They are cheap. And no one else wants them.

cutthemdown
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Of course they want to re sign Woodyard and mays. They are cheap. And no one else wants them.

Even though i agree those 2 shouldnt be full time starters, I still think they belong on an NFL roster and they already know our system. It makes sense to keep them. It just doesn't make sense to not look for better linebackers also.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Even though i agree those 2 shouldnt be full time starters, I still think they belong on an NFL roster and they already know our system. It makes sense to keep them. It just doesn't make sense to not look for better linebackers also.

Yup. They are value signings for a cap deficient team. For a team with 50 mil it's not.

Punisher
03-16-2012, 11:30 PM
fail...

smh why would you tell two top defensive FA to visit then stand them up for PM sounds classless to me.

Chris
03-16-2012, 11:35 PM
There is a lot of RB talent in the draft.

spdirty
03-16-2012, 11:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a5d7f/article/plenty-of-value-remains-as-free-agency-enters-second-stage?module=HP11_cp

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Mays has actually had 2 visits thus far.

elsid13
03-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Based on what Denver is targeting in FA so far, I expect that won't go after, LB, Safeties or CB in the draft.

elsid13
03-17-2012, 07:33 AM
At this point I wonder why they haven't brought in Pat Sims. He would add some much need bulk to interior of the line and is decent run stopper in the league.

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Based on what Denver is targeting in FA so far, I expect that won't go after, LB, Safeties or CB in the draft.

Dude on the light rail disagrees

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Bunkley visiting the Saints this weekend

barryr
03-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Mays and Woodyard are backups on a good defense that really only play special teams.

Tolbert would be a nice pickup, but seems the Broncos have no interest. A RB such as Martin or Turbin, maybe Pierce may their targets there.

I can't believe the Broncos would think signing a Trufant, for 1 year no less, would solve the CB issues. I have to believe a CB is a target in the draft. I doubt they draft a safety with 2 young ones from the last draft and signing Adams.

DT is a hole and has been for years. LB is not exactly in great shape either.

If Manning doesn't sign, drafting a QB becomes their priority.

I like Cousins after the big 2 just because he reminds me of Dalton of Cincy. As with Dalton, he isn't flashy, doesn't have great size, but big enough, doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but good enough to make all the throws, doesn't have great speed, but mobile enough, started at QB for 4 years, etc. He is a QB who come in and play right away IMO. I don't know if that can really be said about the other QB's after Luck and Griffin. Tannehill seems to be rising on the boards, but I have doubts he'd be ready to start in the NFL as a rookie and perform well anyway.

cmhargrove
03-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Mays and Woodyard are backups on a good defense that really only play special teams.

Tolbert would be a nice pickup, but seems the Broncos have no interest. A RB such as Martin or Turbin, maybe Pierce may their targets there.

I can't believe the Broncos would think signing a Trufant, for 1 year no less, would solve the CB issues. I have to believe a CB is a target in the draft. I doubt they draft a safety with 2 young ones from the last draft and signing Adams.

DT is a hole and has been for years. LB is not exactly in great shape either.

If Manning doesn't sign, drafting a QB becomes their priority.

I like Cousins after the big 2 just because he reminds me of Dalton of Cincy. As with Dalton, he isn't flashy, doesn't have great size, but big enough, doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but good enough to make all the throws, doesn't have great speed, but mobile enough, started at QB for 4 years, etc. He is a QB who come in and play right away IMO. I don't know if that can really be said about the other QB's after Luck and Griffin. Tannehill seems to be rising on the boards, but I have doubts he'd be ready to start in the NFL as a rookie and perform well anyway.

IMHO, it would be stupid to waste a high pick on a "second tier QB" in this draft. The Broncos have so many needs, and we need to pull at least three potential starters from this year's draft. We already have a QB with a playoff win in about one full season of starting expereince. Fix the lines, solidify the defense, get some youth in the running game. If Tebow flops this year, the Broncos FO has shown it won't mind selling the farm to get the guy they want (trading a boatload of picks for the QBOTF). In that case, we will at least have a very solid core to help a new QB along (kind of like Big Ben as a rookie).

Build the team, we don't need another second tier signal caller.

peacepipe
03-17-2012, 09:11 AM
IMHO, it would be stupid to waste a high pick on a "second tier QB" in this draft. The Broncos have so many needs, and we need to pull at least three potential starters from this year's draft. We already have a QB with a playoff win in about one full season of starting expereince. Fix the lines, solidify the defense, get some youth in the running game. If Tebow flops this year, the Broncos FO has shown it won't mind selling the farm to get the guy they want (trading a boatload of picks for the QBOTF). In that case, we will at least have a very solid core to help a new QB along (kind of like Big Ben as a rookie).

Build the team, we don't need another second tier signal caller.that all depends on if the teams at 1-5 don't need a QB.

barryr
03-17-2012, 09:27 AM

Build the team, we don't need another second tier signal caller.

Maybe it would be stupid, but there are plenty of people around here that I have seen that think many of the things the Broncos do and have been doing are just as stupid, so why wouldn't they do this? They already scouted Weeden, who is projected to go in the 2-3rd round, even though I think he will be a bust. But that's another story.

But again, I am not saying the Broncos are wrong in this Manning stuff. If they don't believe in Tebow, then they shold be looking for the QB they can believe and trust in. I just don't think Tebow is that dumb to believe they suddenly would come back to him if Manning doesn't sign and tell him they really do believe in him and trust he is their QB. Well, that is, just going into TC. Even their praise and belief in him was mild. He is the starter going into TC. Nothing about the starter for next season, so right there, that speaks volumes and sure, Tebow can say, he willl show them, and win the job. But not if Manning is there and he would know he lost the job without even throwing a pass and is only the defacto starter because Manning wasn't an option. Yeah, a real confidence builder there.

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
There goes the UT I wanted, Langford gets 4 years $24m with $12m guaranteed from the Rams. Meanwhile Denver still have Vickerson and Warren.

Hamrob
03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Yup. They are value signings for a cap deficient team. For a team with 50 mil it's not.BOWLEN = BROKE!

He will need to take out a loan to sign Manning. Absent getting Manning, they are only going to sign Walmart specials...and so many fools, will sqawk about how wise they are!!!

KO5K
03-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Bunkley visiting the Saints this weekend

Lol if he signs with them.

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2012, 10:01 AM
BOWLEN = BROKE!

He will need to take out a loan to sign Manning. Absent getting Manning, they are only going to sign Walmart specials...and so many fools, will sqawk about how wise they are!!!

Yeah, fans staring in awe of cap space for the sake of cap space are pretty hard to understand.

TonyR
03-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Interesting read on the stagnant market for FA LB's:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/16/linebackers-a-stagnant-market/

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 10:34 AM
The Rams are kicking ass this offseason, Finnegan, Wells, Langford, possibly Jones and Manningham, then all those picks for 2. Superb job by Fisher.

Requiem
03-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Fisher has done a great job!

elsid13
03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Kendall Langford signed with St. Louis.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/17/pff-live-free-agency-reaction-blog-day-5-031712/

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Does Kroenke still own the Rams???

DENVERDUI55
03-17-2012, 11:25 AM
BOWLEN = BROKE!

Manning would make pat more cash than his salary.

OBF1
03-17-2012, 11:26 AM
10:00 According to Larry Holder in New Orleans the Saints will host free agent DT Brodrick Bunkley for a visit on Sunday. The Saints brought in some big bodies at defensive tackle last season but didn’t see great returns for that investment as Aubrayo Franklin in particular failed to replicate his form from San Francisco. However that doesn’t appear to have made the Saints shy about plugging what they still perceive as a need. Bunkley was a one man wrecking crew at the heart of the Broncos’ run defense last season and would provide some real toughness in the middle of the New Orleans defense.

KO5K
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Jason Jones signs with Seattle...

Jason La Canfora ‏ <s>@</s>JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/#%21/JasonLaCanfora)

DL Jason Jones agrees to terms with Seattle on a one-year deal. Nice pick up for the Seahawks. <s>#</s>freeagency (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23freeagency)

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Jason Jones is a Seahawk, we are quickly running out of DT options. I hope to **** EFX know what they're doing here.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Ok DT being ignored is worrisome, with bunkley visiting elsewhere

ScottXray
03-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Jason Jones is a Seahawk, we are quickly running out of DT options. I hope to **** EFX know what they're doing here.

Isn't it becoming obvious? They are all in on Manning....excluding everyone else. For that reason alone, they will probably lose out. If I were Manning I would be watching the signings that the 3 contenders are making.

cutthemdown
03-17-2012, 11:47 AM

It does sort of look like they don't plan on spending this cap money. I guess its true and Broncos just not trying to win that hard anymore.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-17-2012, 11:57 AM
No Bunkley means cheap. Bunkley may be asking for a lot and the broncos are seeing what his value is on the open market. Problem is that looks cheap to players. No one wants to go to a cheap organization whose bottom line is worth more than winning.

vanbrugh
03-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm completely lost on this whole saga!

How the f--k does elway get into another QB drama 30 years later that involves an Irsay?

gyldenlove
03-17-2012, 12:13 PM

I am going to go ahead and say that EFX have gone all in with Manning, if they win and get him and he leads us to the playoffs they will look like champs, if they lose and we end up with Tebow starting and not getting us to the playoffs and a defense that is not improved at all, all 3 of those gentlemen will be put on the very hot seat.

Bronco Rob
03-17-2012, 12:19 PM
A league source tells the Boston Globe free agent Brandon Lloyd is "close" to signing with the Patriots. Along with LaRon Landry

boo

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Does Kroenke still own the Rams???

Yep. And as soon as he sews up ownership of the Dodgers, he's moving the Rams back to L.A. Book it. ;D

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 12:39 PM

Don't worry, they're going to get value.

For such value driven douchebags they sure don't look like they do the rest of their shopping at Goodwill.

Punisher
03-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I want McClain and Gary Brackett

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I want McClain and Gary Brackett

You will get nothing and like it.

Houshyamama
03-17-2012, 01:24 PM

I'm pretty sure they think they get to split the remaining cap space between themselves.

Hamrob
03-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Fisher has done a great job!I bet their owner doesn't have to take out a loan to sign them either!

It's time for Bowlen to sell the Broncos!

He's DONE!

HooptyHoops
03-17-2012, 01:55 PM
So, we had players take some physicals yesterday, but absolutely no news from the organization.......odd!

R8R H8R
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
So, we had players take some physicals yesterday, but absolutely no news from the organization.......odd!

The players were hosted by JDR, but he has no authority to sign them. If we're interested, I would imagine we will hear something today or tomorrow.

Bronco Rob
03-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Adam Schefter

New England Patriots announced the signing of unrestricted free agent wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez today.

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 06:32 PM
First Week of Free Agency AFC West watch.

1. Chargers - way ahead

First and foremost they re-signed their 2 high priority FA's in Gaither and Hardwick, Jackson re-signing was always going to be a longshot. Added Meachem and Royal to strengthen the WR/Return positions. Brought back their 2nd string TE in McMichael and added a consistent if unspectacular OLB starter in Jarrett Johnson, they can finally bin/bench draftbust English. LeRon McClain is a major upgrade over Jacob Hester as is Whitehurst over Volek at back-up QB

2 Chiefs - even steven

Hillis replaces Jackie Battle, upgrade whilst Routt replaces the outgoing Brandon Carr, downgrade, Eric Winston is the big signing here, excellent addition to their OL. Kevin Boss gives them a decent 1-2 punch at TE. With Charles and Berry coming back they'll be a far stronger team than last year but they still have major issues under center and Brady Quinn wont help that anytime soon.

3 Broncos -

They'll automatically be No1 if they can somehow land Manning but that is still hanging in the balance. On the other side of the ball they still have not addressed glaring holes at DT and CB. Competition was brought in for FS rookie disappointment Rahim Moore in the shape of Michael Adams, still has a lot of work to do and a lot of cap to use up. If Denver lose Bunkley and miss out on Manning this team gets even worse.

4. Raiders

In disarray. Lost both starting CB's and Kamerion Wimbley, had to restructure deals across the board just to get under the cap but have made 2 decent FA acquisitions in Mike Brisel OG Texans and Ron Bartell CB Rams.

Chris
03-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Pats have signed Brandon Lloyd

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7703571/2012-nfl-free-agency-new-england-patriots-brandon-lloyd-agree-deal-source-says

oubronco
03-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Broncos have signed....................................Noone

Navy Broncos Fan
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM
We are so stuck in the mud right now. Everyone is making moves while we sit around.

Lestat
03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
if we don't sign McClain i'm gonna be a little miffed. really good fit, young player and could be part of the franchise and the solution to MLB for 6-7 years or more.

SouthStndJunkie
03-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Mario Manningham agrees to two-year deal with 49ers, per league source.

barryr
03-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Mario Manningham agrees to two-year deal with 49ers, per league source.

Hmm, Peyton's brother knows him well.

eddie mac
03-17-2012, 09:38 PM
All 3 of Friday's free agent visitors left town without a contract.

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Our FO is ****ing awful.

Ziggy
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the Broncos FO does after Manning signs elsewhere on Monday. There are still a bunch of quality free agents out there on the market.

LetsGoBroncos
03-17-2012, 10:44 PM
if we don't sign McClain i'm gonna be a little miffed. really good fit, young player and could be part of the franchise and the solution to MLB for 6-7 years or more.

Yep. Good thing we are only worried aboutManning. Really wish we could walk and chew gum at the same time

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 10:46 PM
I like the edit to the title there, eddie mac. :)

Good stuff.

Lestat
03-17-2012, 10:50 PM
i know this isn't the case. but you have 40-50 mil in cap room. did the FO not have a plan before Manning became a FA? because while i know they did it seems as if their only focus is on Peyton Manning and everything else is on the back burner.

we've signed one FA, brought in several for a visit and no one who could sign them was there when they came, it doesn't make sense that the only thing we can do is wait until Manning decides. i know the rumor is we'll go after Wallace if Manning signs but that's like 29-35 mil of the cap with potentially 5-21 mil still remaining.

i believe in EFX and the job they're doing but i mean damn, glaring holes and not a ton of movement yet. maybe they're waiting for prices to go down or maybe they're seeking a player we don't know about yet. but the perceived inactivity is astonishingly frustrating to watch.

ScottXray
03-17-2012, 11:01 PM
i know this isn't the case. but you have 40-50 mil in cap room. did the FO not have a plan before Manning became a FA? because while i know they did it seems as if their only focus is on Peyton Manning and everything else is on the back burner.

we've signed one FA, brought in several for a visit and no one who could sign them was there when they came, it doesn't make sense that the only thing we can do is wait until Manning decides. i know the rumor is we'll go after Wallace if Manning signs but that's like 29-35 mil of the cap with potentially 5-21 mil still remaining.

i believe in EFX and the job they're doing but i mean damn, glaring holes and not a ton of movement yet. maybe they're waiting for prices to go down or maybe they're seeking a player we don't know about yet. but the perceived inactivity is astonishingly frustrating to watch.

In bold....I no longer believe in EFX...this is incompetence. And yes they are waiting for prices to go down...which may be exactly why Manning will probably go elsewhere. No signings of any significant players at all. No Improvement to the team ...AT ALL!

They are showing him that he won't be able to win with this group and owner because they won't spend for the needed players..

Archer81
03-17-2012, 11:06 PM
If Manning was still a Colt, its highly likely we would be seeing the same torrid pace in at least contacting potential FA's.

Some plan.

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 11:14 PM
If Manning was still a Colt, its highly likely we would be seeing the same torrid pace in at least contacting potential FA's.

Some plan.

Guarantee Peyton notices this lack of action. Book that.

serious hops
03-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Our FO is ****ing awful.

In fairness, I think our ownership is ****ing awful. John Elway and John Fox most certainly aren't stupid and inept, and even Xanders has to be smart enough to try to save his own ass. With all our cap space, it's not in the interest of anyone in our front office to ignore most of the good free agents, and apparently lowball the guys we do try to sign. You know Fox in particular can't be happy with the "get Manning or get nothing" approach-- especially with the Saints sniffing around his only usable nosetackle. Nah. . . I think those orders have to come from the top-- from somebody more interested in money than football. Only explanation that makes any sense to me.

Not that I think our FO should get any awards, or anything. I just think it's tough to judge their work when Elli$ seems to have them on a 750K budget.

Orange4Life
03-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Helluva an off season we have going boys! Filling holes left and right with all that money!

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
03-18-2012, 03:03 AM
So what if Bowlen is being frugal?

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 06:03 AM
It's not ova yet, I still have hope.

barryr
03-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, if Manning doesn't come, Broncos are left with Smith, Flynn, maybe Hasselbeck, or the draft for its QB and these are looking like the best and maybe only options. Yeah.

eddie mac
03-18-2012, 08:32 AM
The Broncos have no smarts whatsoever. Larry Grant ILB of the 49ers apparently was only given a 7th rd tender from the Niners. They could put them in a difficult position by structuring a deal that pays Larry $5m-$6m in 2012, so either they lose a promising MLB for a 7th rd pick or they re-sign him and are effectively struggling to stay in the Manning race.

Needless to say I have no doubt our Front Office wouldn't even have the brains to attempt something like this.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 09:44 AM
then he needs to sell the team to someone who won't be. i get tired of seeing sports owners who are more interested in using the team as money maker than to actually spend to make them successful.
So what if Bowlen is being frugal?

Hamrob
03-18-2012, 09:50 AM
This team has no money people. It has nothing to do with Cap room. They have no cash, no budget to sign guys. Bowlen is broke and has been the past 5yrs.

It's already been reported that Bowlen will need to take out a loan to sign Manning.

If they don't sign Manning, they are not going to sign any big names. That's guarenteed!

We will (once again) sign 3rd string guys to compete and start for us. We're talking 4yr $10m deals max.

Have you guys watched "Moneyball"? Broncos = Oakland A's

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Well, if Manning doesn't come, Broncos are left with Smith, Flynn, maybe Hasselbeck, or the draft for its QB and these are looking like the best and maybe only options. Yeah.

If they don't get Manning they will draft Weeden in the 1st round, in a year or two the entire menagerie will be fired and the next FO will get rid of Weeden and we will be in this situation all over again.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
hahaha love how people think we love Weeden. With the way things are going right now with Peyton and FA... there is no way we pick a QB in the 1st 2 rounds. No QB in the draft available to us will take us to the playoffs or even make us a 8-8 team. We would be stuck in a similar situation next year... only with a better chance of grabbing a better QB.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
hahaha love how people think we love Weeden. With the way things are going right now with Peyton and FA... there is no way we pick a QB in the 1st 2 rounds. No QB in the draft available to us will take us to the playoffs or even make us a 8-8 team. We would be stuck in a similar situation next year... only with a better chance of grabbing a better QB.

So how do you think we get to the playoffs, run on all downs?

KO5K
03-18-2012, 10:36 AM

With the way things are going right now, I'd say it's a certainty we take a QB in the early rounds.

When we lose out on Manning and Tebow is shipped off, we're down to Weber (lol).

EFX will need someone to play QB next year (and win) otherwise they're more ****ed than they already are.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 10:39 AM
i think we'll take a QB early but i doubt it's Weeden. you can get Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd,same potentially with Cousins. Tannehill is the only guy i would see the Broncos taking in the first and he'll go way too high for us to get him.

DenverBrit
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
So how do you think we get to the playoffs, run on all downs?

Worked last year. ;D

Lycan
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
The only QB I like in this draft outside of the big two is Nick Foles.

I think he has a shot at being a pretty good player.

Russel Wilson would be worth a look as a backup/versatile player. Might be able to play a slash like role.

BroncoBeavis
03-18-2012, 11:36 AM
With the way things are going right now, I'd say it's a certainty we take a QB in the early rounds.

When we lose out on Manning and Tebow is shipped off, we're down to Weber (lol).

EFX will need someone to play QB next year (and win) otherwise they're more ****ed than they already are.

If they're smart they hang onto Tebow knowing he's not willing to hang his teammates out to dry regardless of how he feels about management.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 12:48 PM
i think we'll take a QB early but i doubt it's Weeden. you can get Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd,same potentially with Cousins. Tannehill is the only guy i would see the Broncos taking in the first and he'll go way too high for us to get him.

There is no way we draft Cousins, he is a noodle armed timing QB with no athletic ability at all (he is pretty much the anti-Elway).

We could draft Osweiler who reminds me a lot of Elway, however he definitely needs to spend time on the bench before he is ready.

GreatBronco16
03-18-2012, 12:57 PM
So do we have a QB yet? How bout the DT spots? Oh I know, CB? LB? How bout the saftey spot, are we set there now?

cabronco
03-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Brady Quinn is now a Chief. Not sure if it warrants its own thread really..

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Brady Quinn is now a Chief. Not sure if it warrants its own thread really..

That was spread around the site yesterday.

I think the reaction was a collective "meh."

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 01:19 PM
If they're smart they hang onto Tebow knowing he's not willing to hang his teammates out to dry regardless of how he feels about management.

Good guy and all the other good human qualities only get you so far in NFL. He has serious flaws and team is better off to get rid of him. Move on to next phase.

barryr
03-18-2012, 01:20 PM
If they don't get Manning they will draft Weeden in the 1st round, in a year or two the entire menagerie will be fired and the next FO will get rid of Weeden and we will be in this situation all over again.

If they take Weeden at all, then that tells me they don't have a clue. He has bust written all over him. A 28 year old in a shotgun offense who had to quit baseball as pitcher not just because he stunk, but had multiple arm injuries to boot.

ol#7
03-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Good guy and all the other good human qualities only get you so far in NFL. He has serious flaws and team is better off to get rid of him. Move on to next phase.

You cut bait pretty quick on a guy that was a 1st rnd pick two years ago and won us a division and playoff game last year. These phases of yours sure pass by quickly.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 01:29 PM
You cut bait pretty quick on a guy that was a 1st rnd pick two years ago and won us a division and playoff game last year. These phases of yours sure pass by quickly.

I think its at the phase where it's in tebows hands now. Im sure Elway is already prepping a conference call to tebow with the phrase "you are still our guy" starting out a no hard feelings speech. Will be interesting to see how tebow reacts himself. Instead of all these speculations from people In the media who really have no clue.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I think its at the phase where it's in tebows hands now. Im sure Elway is already prepping a conference call to tebow with the phrase "you are still our guy" starting out a no hard feelings speech. Will be interesting to see how tebow reacts himself. Instead of all these speculations from people who really have no clue.

He's got to be very careful. They're going try and smear him that same way Jay got smeared. There's only one realistic way for Tebow to play it, turn the other cheek, kill them with kindness and give Elway a hug (preferably a really hard hug). That will keep the FO as the bad guy, as it should be, and they'll just have to squirm from there.

The best result is for Tebow to get even more motivated, work completely hard and blow them away with progress in mini camp. Then, I'd like to see Elway realize that he can improve and can be special and try to buddy up to him and then Tebow can tell him in private to **** off. That would be great.

Pick Six
03-18-2012, 01:52 PM
He's got to be very careful. They're going try and smear him that same way Jay got smeared. There's only one realistic way for Tebow to play it, turn the other cheek, kill them with kindness and give Elway a hug (preferably a really hard hug). That will keep the FO as the bad guy, as it should be, and they'll just have to squirm from there.

The best result is for Tebow to get even more motivated, work completely hard and blow them away with progress in mini camp. Then, I'd like to see Elway realize that he can improve and can be special and try to buddy up to him and then Tebow can tell him in private to **** off. That would be great.

If Manning takes another team to a Super Bowl, the fans will see the FO as trying to help the Broncos improve.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 01:57 PM
i'm not saying we will draft him, i'm saying that in the spot we're in from round 1-2 the only value QB picks in that area are Osweiler,Cousins & Tannehill.
Tannehill is surging up the draft boards into a mid 1st and likely top 15 so he's out, Cousins is moving up draft boards into a potential low first but i don't see us drafting him. so Osweiler is a possibility and great value in the 2nd but he's got issues with taking coaching sometimes and has to fully mature. so that might not be a guy the wanna bring in right now.
There is no way we draft Cousins, he is a noodle armed timing QB with no athletic ability at all (he is pretty much the anti-Elway).

We could draft Osweiler who reminds me a lot of Elway, however he definitely needs to spend time on the bench before he is ready.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Trade down. Go long on picks, get younger in the process. The first round is over rated unless you pick in the top 5-10. You just over pay for a mediocre talent. Either trade up, or trade down and fill some holes.

Hotrod
03-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I think its at the phase where it's in tebows hands now. Im sure Elway is already prepping a conference call to tebow with the phrase "you are still our guy" starting out a no hard feelings speech. Will be interesting to see how tebow reacts himself. Instead of all these speculations from people In the media who really have no clue.

:spit: its funny because its true

ol#7
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Trade down. Go long on picks, get younger in the process. The first round is over rated unless you pick in the top 5-10. You just over pay for a mediocre talent. Either trade up, or trade down and fill some holes.

Did you miss that whole rookie wage scale thing? These picks are no longer over paid.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
he likely meant that you can get a guy just as talented in the early 2nd as you can in the bottom of the first for less money.

this isn't a home run draft so that is partially true. however, i think we'll see some slides on draft day and value will be there for the Broncos to trade up a few spots and snag their guy or trade back and pick up a nice compliment of picks.
Did you miss that whole rookie wage scale thing? These picks are no longer over paid.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
i'm not saying we will draft him, i'm saying that in the spot we're in from round 1-2 the only value QB picks in that area are Osweiler,Cousins & Tannehill.
Tannehill is surging up the draft boards into a mid 1st and likely top 15 so he's out, Cousins is moving up draft boards into a potential low first but i don't see us drafting him. so Osweiler is a possibility and great value in the 2nd but he's got issues with taking coaching sometimes and has to fully mature. so that might not be a guy the wanna bring in right now.

Tannehill is really the wild card of the QBs in this draft. Some team is either going to score big with this kid, or regret drafting him. It's kind of like last year when there were no real good QBs in the draft and teams were moving up to take guys like Ponder and Gabbert. I see Tannehill in the same group as these guys. Lot's of upside but still a relative unknown right now.

6 months ago I would have said RG3 is the wild card but the Skins have locked him in so it's do or die for Shanahan. RG3 and Shanny can be a great combo.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Worked last year. ;D

We punted on several downs...

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM

Don't care, still better to get 2-3 picks for that 1 with players of similar caliber. Still my point.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
If they take Weeden at all, then that tells me they don't have a clue. He has bust written all over him. A 28 year old in a shotgun offense who had to quit baseball as pitcher not just because he stunk, but had multiple arm injuries to boot.

Weeden is the only one we can get who might be able to start from day 1. Cousins has a weak sauce arm and belongs strictly in a WC, Osweiler is currently not even ready to carry a clipboard.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 02:33 PM
that pick still makes me shake my head. the value was terrible, you trade down in that scenario and pick up extra picks and then take him at around 17 or so.

the scale makes it easier for teams to fall in love with a QB's potential and not have to fork over that "QB Premium".
i think Tannehill will end up as a pretty good QB, but his value will never be justified by where he goes. he's likely going top 12 and he's not a top 12 pick.
Tannehill is really the wild card of the QBs in this draft. Some team is either going to score big with this kid, or regret drafting him. It's kind of like last year when there were no real good QBs in the draft and teams were moving up to take guys like Ponder and Gabbert. I see Tannehill in the same group as these guys. Lot's of upside but still a relative unknown right now.

6 months ago I would have said RG3 is the wild card but the Skins have locked him in so it's do or die for Shanahan. RG3 and Shanny can be a great combo.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 02:33 PM

BTW:kind of rude. I didn't know about the rookie wage scale thing. I'd be happy to hear you explain it, but with a little less attitude.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Weeden is the only one we can get who might be able to start from day 1. Cousins has a weak sauce arm and belongs strictly in a WC, Osweiler is currently not even ready to carry a clipboard.

I think they'll trade up for tannihill if needed. considering the push they're making for manning(yes,I know it's manning top 5 all time),it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a move for tannihill.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
i don't think the goal of the QB they draft will be to start from day 1 and i don't think Weeden would be ready to do so on most teams and definitely not this one.
the only two QB's who are truly ready to start now are Luck & RGIII, the rest need to sit and develop.

Heyneck
03-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I think they'll trade up for tannihill if needed. considering the push they're making for manning(yes,I know it's manning top 5 all time),it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a move for tannihill.

He has risen way to much on the draft board. There is speculation he could go #4...even #3. (through trades... browns and phins love him)

KO5K
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
i don't think the goal of the QB they draft will be to start from day 1 and i don't think Weeden would be ready to do so on most teams and definitely not this one.
the only two QB's who are truly ready to start now are Luck & RGIII, the rest need to sit and develop.

In the scenario that we are drafting Weeden in the first round, EFX won't have time to let him sit on the bench.

You can't dump Tebow (who was meant to be a massive project) after he took this team to the playoffs and then expect patience from the fans.

ol#7
03-18-2012, 02:39 PM
BTW:kind of rude. I didn't know about the rookie wage scale thing. I'd be happy to hear you explain it, but with a little less attitude.

Go Fudge yourself. :welcome:

TonyR
03-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Here's most of the best of what's left.

1. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.

4. Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (RFA).

5. Raiders linebacker Kamerion Wimbley.

7. Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb (RFA).

17. Packers quarterback Matt Flynn.

20. Patriots defensive end Mark Anderson.

21. Falcons linebacker Curtis Lofton.

22. Raiders running back Michael Bush.

27. Redskins safety LaRon Landry.

28. Chargers offensive tackle Marcus McNeill.

29. Giants cornerback Aaron Ross.

31. Bills offensive tackle Demetrius Bell.

33. Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch.

35. Saints cornerback Tracy Porter.

39. Bengals offensive tackle Anthony Collins.

48. Steelers cornerback William Gay.

49. Chargers running back Mike Tolbert.

50. Seahawks linebacker David Hawthorne.

51. Bengals safety Reggie Nelson.

52. Redskins linebacker London Fletcher.

53. Broncos defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley.

56. 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

58. Patriots defensive end Andre Carter.

59. Jaguars defensive end Matt Roth.

60. Bengals linebacker Manny Lawson.

61. Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

63. Saints defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

64. Giants offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie.

65. Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson.

66. Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo.

67. 49ers safety Reggie Smith.

68. Lions running back Kevin Smith.

69. 49ers wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

70. Jets safety Jim Leonhard.

71. Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

72. Seahawks running back Justin Forsett.

74. 49ers offensive guard Chilo Rachal.

75. Eagles defensive tackle Trevor Laws.

84. Rams center Jason Brown.

85. Jaguars quarterback David Garrard.

86. Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss.

87. Chargers fullback Jacob Hester.

89. Redskins safety O.J. Atogwe.

90. Colts tight end Jacob Tamme.

91. Bengals defensive tackle Pat Sims.

93. 49ers wide receiver Ted Ginn.

95. Cardinals wide receiver Early Doucet.

99. Bears defensive tackle Amobi Okoye.

100. Colts tight end Dallas Clark.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/the-free-agent-hot-100/

DenverBrit
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
We punted on several downs...

Well, that too.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Well, there's still some "names" out there in FA. Can't say I know much about all these guys, but at least I've heard of them:

Amendola (RFA, what would be the cost? Injured last year?)
Victor Abiamiri DE
Mark Anderson DE
Jamal Anderson DE
Ayanbadejo LB
Babineaux S (NFL.com still has him listed as unsigned???)
Chase Blackburn LB
Will Blackmon S
Tyler Brayton DT
Melvin Bullitt S (injured last year?)
Michael Bush RB
Vernon Carey OG
Jerricho Cotchery WR
Joel Dreesen TE
Justin Forsett RB
Andre Fluellen DT
William Gay CB
Kelvin Hayden CB
Jovan Haye DE
Chris Kemeoatu OG
Derek Landri DT
Trevor Laws DT
Manny Lawson OLB
Curtis Lofton MLB
Jameel McClain MLB
Bryant McFadden CB
Brandon McKinney DT
Amobi Okoye DT
Roscoe Parrish WR
Chilo Rachal OG
Aaron Ross CB
Barrett Ruud MLB
Jerome Simpson WR
Pat Sims DT
Jacob Tamme TE
Mike Tolbert RB
Stephen Tulloch MLB

I don't have a clue about what the FO is thinking, but it seems like if they don't want to resign the 16 or so guys they currently have as FA's maybe they should be looking at some of these guys.

To me signing one of the outside CB's would be a good idea to compete with Goodman. Also, looking at a WR/returner would be a good idea.

OG and DT could be improved. Ah well, we'll see what happens. They have to sign SOMEBODY, or re-sign their own guys. Something has to start popping.

eddie mac
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Jarvis Moss should never be ranked No86 on any list unless it's a team's roster of 90.

TD4HOF
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Haven't commented in awhile and no one cares (rightfully so) but I just wanna say that this is real real real fugged up. WHAT WAS SO WRONG WITH TEBOW. Stupid. Am typically pretty homerish but I'm completely turned off. The moment after the OT Pass when I finally stopped screaming and carrying my girlfriend around the room, I thought to myself, "well, he's in now, yeahhhhhh!"

This is a big steaming pile of rhino dung. F!CKING B?LL****!

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Eric Winston OT to Kansas City, 4 years $22m

That's a ****ing steal. Should have been a priority for us too. Would have removed Beadles and let us kick Franklin inside where he belongs.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Here's most of the best of what's left.

1. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.

4. Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (RFA).

5. Raiders linebacker Kamerion Wimbley.

7. Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb (RFA).

17. Packers quarterback Matt Flynn.

20. Patriots defensive end Mark Anderson.

21. Falcons linebacker Curtis Lofton.

22. Raiders running back Michael Bush.

27. Redskins safety LaRon Landry.

28. Chargers offensive tackle Marcus McNeill.

29. Giants cornerback Aaron Ross.

31. Bills offensive tackle Demetrius Bell.

33. Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch.

35. Saints cornerback Tracy Porter.

39. Bengals offensive tackle Anthony Collins.

48. Steelers cornerback William Gay.

49. Chargers running back Mike Tolbert.

50. Seahawks linebacker David Hawthorne.

51. Bengals safety Reggie Nelson.

52. Redskins linebacker London Fletcher.

53. Broncos defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley.

56. 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

58. Patriots defensive end Andre Carter.

59. Jaguars defensive end Matt Roth.

60. Bengals linebacker Manny Lawson.

61. Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

63. Saints defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

64. Giants offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie.

65. Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson.

66. Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo.

67. 49ers safety Reggie Smith.

68. Lions running back Kevin Smith.

69. 49ers wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

70. Jets safety Jim Leonhard.

71. Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

72. Seahawks running back Justin Forsett.

74. 49ers offensive guard Chilo Rachal.

75. Eagles defensive tackle Trevor Laws.

84. Rams center Jason Brown.

85. Jaguars quarterback David Garrard.

86. Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss.

87. Chargers fullback Jacob Hester.

89. Redskins safety O.J. Atogwe.

90. Colts tight end Jacob Tamme.

91. Bengals defensive tackle Pat Sims.

93. 49ers wide receiver Ted Ginn.

95. Cardinals wide receiver Early Doucet.

99. Bears defensive tackle Amobi Okoye.

100. Colts tight end Dallas Clark.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/the-free-agent-hot-100/

Looks like we were compiling lists at the same time! Even had a few of the same players, but a few differences. Good list, but I think I'd pass on the OT's, London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Castillo, Braylon Edwards, Garrard, Moss, Hester, Atogwe. Ginn??? maybe. Dallas Clark, maybe.

Well, OT, maybe they should try to add one.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Haven't commented in awhile and no one cares (rightfully so) but I just wanna say that this is real real real fugged up. Stupid. Am typically pretty homerish but I'm completely turned off. The moment after the OT Pass when I finally stopped screaming and carrying my girlfriend around the room, I thought to myself, "well, he's in now, yeahhhhhh!"

This is a big steaming pile of rhino dung. F!CKING B?LL****!ROFL! are you serious!?

broncocalijohn
03-18-2012, 03:12 PM

LOL! This is the Mane. Toughen up or get out. How is he supposed to know you didnt hear about one of the main ingredients of the lock out?

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, looking at all the moves other teams have made, and then looking at our one meh signing amidst the Manning drama, it really does exemplify what this franchise has become. What a joke.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Weeden is more pro ready than RG3, he is basicly an older and more fragile version of Andy Dalton.

If we don't get Manning we are stuck with a QB they don't want and no viable veteran option.

RADRHATR
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I think EFX's process is this. We either get Manning or we don't, that is first and foremost. If we do, we probe Tebow and see if he is willing to settle for a back-up role or we trade him. If we don't get Manning we will ride with Tebow, draft a QB somewhere. In the later scenario the FO would be hoping for a bad season and draft Barkley next year.

Unfortunately it is go big or bust and we will know whenever this ***hole makes up his mind.

Ratboy
03-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Welcome back Joe Mays...

Ratboy
03-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Denver Broncos ‏ @Denver_Broncos
The #Broncos have agreed to terms to re-sign linebacker Joe Mays.

peacepipe
03-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I think EFX's process is this. We either get Manning or we don't, that is first and foremost. If we do, we probe Tebow and see if he is willing to settle for a back-up role or we trade him. If we don't get Manning we will ride with Tebow, draft a QB somewhere. In the later scenario the FO would be hoping for a bad season and draft Barkley next year.

Unfortunately it is go big or bust and we will know whenever this ***hole makes up his mind.even with tebow we won't be a 2-14 team.with the new CBA teams aren't going to want to get out of the top of the draft.

ScottXray
03-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Denver Broncos ‏ @Denver_Broncos
The #Broncos have agreed to terms to re-sign linebacker Joe Mays.

Well at least we won't get Worse there. Maybe we can get Burfict for peanuts to spell him and keep the other offenses on the field with PFs. And mybe Mays will learn to hit just the OTHER teams guys on gamedays , instead of wrecking ours in practices.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Flynn is off the board.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 04:48 PM
At least our FO idiots stayed the course here. Didn't get worse but that isn't saying much when you're already scraping bottom.

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 04:50 PM
At least our FO idiots stayed the course here. Didn't get worse but that isn't saying much when you're already scraping bottom.

If we trade Tebow and Bunkley walks we got a hell of a lot worse unless we hit some real home runs in the draft.

RADRHATR
03-18-2012, 04:54 PM
even with tebow we won't be a 2-14 team.with the new CBA teams aren't going to want to get out of the top of the draft.

Have you looked at our schedule next year? We could very well go 2-14 if this offseason continues the way it has.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
If we trade Tebow and Bunkley walks we got a hell of a lot worse unless we hit some real home runs in the draft.

The holes we have there aren't enough rounds in the draft for that to happen. EFX is not committed to getting better. They're committed to chasing Manning and, failing that, saving money. And it is unclear who will be playing d for Mannng's broncos. Joe Mays? FFS.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
no he's not, Weeden is Chris Weinke/Chad Hutchinson/QB who played baseball and then came back to football.
he is not pro ready and should not be a starting QB in the NFL next season.
can he come in and be a game manager? more than likely, but he's not ready to be "the man" and he's not a guy you can rush his development.
Weeden is more pro ready than RG3, he is basicly an older and more fragile version of Andy Dalton.

If we don't get Manning we are stuck with a QB they don't want and no viable veteran option.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Have you looked at our schedule next year? We could very well go 2-14 if this offseason continues the way it has.

We should trade back and stockpile picks.

We'll find out soon if we're on the clock for the 2013 draft before the 2012 draft starts. That is an achievement worthy of the Matt Millen Trophy for Executive Award for Institutional ****wittery and Failure.

Gutless Drunk
03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
7:12 pm Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network the Broncos have told free agents they are "on hold" until the Peyton Manning situation resolves itself.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Funny to see people sop upset about not signing Bunkley yet. Last yr when he was the move at DT people were saying how crappy he was.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
that's about the dumbest **** i've ever heard. how does one man tie up your entire off-season where you can't fix glaring holes?
7:12 pm Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network the Broncos have told free agents they are "on hold" until the Peyton Manning situation resolves itself.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM

As we suspected. EFX went full retard.

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
What we need is a billionaire to buy this team.

We need a Mark Cuban type guy that wants to win. I feel like Pat is ok with mediocre play as long as stadium is relatively full.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM

Hey, they only have to sign something like 16 guys to make the 53 man roster, and there's only about 10-12 that would be upgrades, so what's the problem?

Sarcasm/off.

KO5K
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM

Hilarious!

We wouldn't want to give Tebow some talent to work with, would we John?

DENVERDUI55
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Brandon Spano Show (@BrandonSpano)
3/15/12 11:57 AM
Peyton Manning's wife inquired about out houses in Colorado this week. Source? The realtor.

This was a BS quote. WTF would they even waste time looking at houses before signing?

DenverBrit
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
This was a BS quote. WTF would they even waste time looking at houses before signing?

Thinking ahead.

Lycan
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM

If you look close it says "out houses".

They weren't looking for a place to live, they were looking for a place for Peyton to take a s### on Denver.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
If you look close it says "out houses".

They weren't looking for a place to live, they were looking for a place for Peyton to take a s### on Denver.

If I had the wings of an eagle
If I had the ass of a crow
I'd fly over Denver tomorrow
And **** on those bastards below

oubronco
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
If I had the wings of an eagle
If I had the ass of a crow
I'd fly over Denver tomorrow
And **** on those bastards below

Nice Rhyme

cutthemdown
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
that's about the dumbest **** i've ever heard. how does one man tie up your entire off-season where you can't fix glaring holes?

Probably because they would have different ideas of who to sign depending on if they get manning or not.

Not saying i like it, just saying that is probably what they are thinking.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Nice Rhyme

It's not mine but it popped into my head for some reason. You can sub any city you want really.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
i know it's what they're thinking. but it's still retarded. you still have the same holes regardless of if Manning signs or not. like a said about the Colts last season. Manning doesn't play OL,TE,WR,RB,DE,DT,LB,DB or special teams.
your entire team should be in a holding pattern for one guy.
Probably because they would have different ideas of who to sign depending on if they get manning or not.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Cutt, if there's guys available that are upgrades, you sign them. You know that, I know that, everybody knows that.

So basically, what you're saying is they have their heads up their asses, right?

Broncoman13
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM

It makes some sense. If you dont get Manning you probably go heavier on defense and RB. If you do get Manning, you need better receivers and TEs. Two completely different teams with and with out Manning. Just sucks he is taking his dear sweet time to make some team desperate. I would say the Broncos are much more desperate right now... Just don't have the cash to make it happen. WTF happen to the coffers? We just played two playoff games, that had to put some money back in the piggy bank!

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
It makes some sense. If you dont get Manning you probably go heavier on defense and RB. If you do get Manning, you need better receivers and TEs. Two completely different teams with and with out Manning. Just sucks he is taking his dear sweet time to make some team desperate. I would say the Broncos are much more desperate right now... Just don't have the cash to make it happen. WTF happen to the coffers? We just played two playoff games, that had to put some money back in the piggy bank!

And while we wait on Little Lord Fontleroy to make his decision the weapons we could add in either scenario come off the board.

barryr
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Maybe the Broncos if they don't get Manning, will go on the cheap and don't really change the roster much and tank so they can get a top QB next year in the draft. Not sure how many would go for that, but that could be an option since it appears what they do in FA depends on what happens with Manning. One would think you would look to improve spots you know need strengthening no matter who is at QB, but maybe the Broncos won't think like that.

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM

How the **** does that effect CB, DT, or LB?

The FO has ZERO excuse!

barryr
03-18-2012, 06:07 PM

The FO has ZERO excuse!

Only logical explanation is tank mode if Manning doesn't sign and hope to get a high pick to draft a QB. Somehow other teams are finding ways to make other moves.

oubronco
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
It's probably their bargaining chip with Manning

extralife
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
It should be obvious: the team still has an internal budget. Manning will eat almost all of that budget, meaning that the people we sign if he signs will be of a certain type, whereas if he does not they will be different players. You can't just say idiotic things like "WELL HOW DOES MANNING EFFECT THE DEFENSE?!?!!?" and walk with it. Hell, the defense will operate differently depending on who is the QB as well.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
And while we wait on Little Lord Fontleroy to make his decision the weapons we could add in either scenario come off the board.

Exactly.

Lestat
03-18-2012, 06:29 PM

it doesn't affect the entire team needs though. MLB,DT,CB & S are not related to signing Manning since Del Rio and Fox have their own style of D they want to play. Manning is only going to take up 20-25 mil of the cap room. that leaves 20-30 mil left over for the other holes in the franchise and the draft picks.

so how does Manning paralyze you ability to fill needs and upgrade the roster when your entire pitch to him is winning a superbowl?
if you don't get Manning then you've still made massive upgrades, if you do sign him then your team really will be superbowl contender worthy.

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Everyone I have spoken with in OK says he runs the spread and mainly out of the shotgun..

Same as Tebow did..SO not sure just how Pro ready he is..

These are pretty hard core OSU fans SO I'll tend to beleive them..

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Flynn is off the board.

Thank God.. now we will not have to listen to 40 pages about how wonderful this 2 game wonder is..

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM

So getting MAnning would improve that by how much?

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Funny to see people sop upset about not signing Bunkley yet. Last yr when he was the move at DT people were saying how crappy he was.

they were pissed becasue we did not get teh "biggie" guys and then when we drafted Miller over the other fat guy the sky was falling..

lots of whinny bitches on forums..

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
i know it's what they're thinking. but it's still retarded. you still have the same holes regardless of if Manning signs or not. like a said about the Colts last season. Manning doesn't play OL,TE,WR,RB,DE,DT,LB,DB or special teams.
your entire team should be in a holding pattern for one guy.

actually teh types of players YOU get hing on MAnning..

if he does sign then we need BEEF on the OLINE for pass protect.. and a Receiveing TE and another WR..

If he does not sign then we need to prioritze the Defensive side...
Not that we do not need D now but we will be spending BIGGER bucks on the O side ..

Plus Y'all forget there was NEVER an Intension of splurzing on or in UFA.. Getting MORE quality second tier guys was always the plan.. In stead of blowing all the budget on say MArio Williams..

lonestar
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Maybe the Broncos if they don't get Manning, will go on the cheap and don't really change the roster much and tank so they can get a top QB next year in the draft. Not sure how many would go for that, but that could be an option since it appears what they do in FA depends on what happens with Manning. One would think you would look to improve spots you know need strengthening no matter who is at QB, but maybe the Broncos won't think like that.

They are not going to tank the season it is not in Elways DNA.. nor Foxes and frankly Bowlen wants to win..

There has never been a proirity to sign BIG name guys was not last year and unless another sure fire HOF guy comes along next year it will not happen then..

They are TEAM building and trying to keep the studs we already ahve unless we can up grade them..

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank God.. now we will not have to listen to 40 pages about how wonderful this 2 game wonder is..

Yep.

lonestar
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM

The FO has ZERO excuse!

You should change your name to Chicken Little I think it is still available.

the sky is not falling..

there was never any intention to spend all the money this year as it was not last year.. Then Manning popped up crap happens and that changed the strategy..

I repeat teh SKY is NOT Falling..

Agamemnon
03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
They are not going to tank the season it is not in Elways DNA.. nor Foxes and frankly Bowlen wants to win..

If they fail to sign Manning and are forced to trade Tebow, they may not have much choice.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Everyone I have spoken with in OK says he runs the spread and mainly out of the shotgun..

Same as Tebow did..SO not sure just how Pro ready he is..

These are pretty hard core OSU fans SO I'll tend to beleive them..

It has nothing to do with which offense you run, Sam Bradford ran the spread out of the gun and he did okay as a rookie, Cam Newton came from a simplified spread offense and he broke several rookie records. It has more to do with the routes you throw and the reads you make, Tebow came from a purely pre-snap read offense which was screen and option heavy, meaning all the decisions he ever needed to make were does it look like I can make this pass if yes then take the snap, if no then you know to hand it off, if things changed from his pre-snap read he would run.

Weeden has shown ability to read defenses after the snap which is vitaly important in the NFL, he also threw relatively few screens and had many pro routes to go with and a pro reciever in Blackmon.

FYI - Baylor runs the shotgun spread as well.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Bleacher report is reporting that Alex Smith is negotiating terms with Mami.

ScottXray
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM

Wonderful! Then Harbaugh has to eat the Manning humble pie, by screwing with his starters contract offer and trying to low ball him. How can SF afford him with their other signings?

What do you want to bet he calls Smith and ups the offer to a bigger number
than before and trys to sign him back? Condon is screwing ALL the clubs for
his clients. Tebow is the odd man out here, because his contract is not open to negotiation. He should find a new agency, pronto.

This Manning delay thing has the potential to screw up multiple clubs!

Lestat
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
no it doesn't, the only affect Manning has on the offense is WR and TE, your OL is in place and the issue is C or G(depending on if Walton can be a solid G or not), which is a issue regardless of if it's Tebow or Manning.

the defensive side of the ball needs upgrades, once again regardless of if he signs or not. either Tebow, Manning or Draftee is the starting QB but the needs still don't change, the holes don't change.

the current crop of FA's left is all 2nd level guys anyways so that doesn't hinder them signing them. there is too much cap room and too many holes for one player to dictate moving in on targets or not.
if you sign Peyton Manning you don't have enough money for McClain? you don't have enough money for Trufant assuming you like his price?
the fate of Manning doesn't stop you from bringing guys in, giving them physicals and letting them know you like them but you want to make sure you can get your A target first. we've brought in like 4 guys the entire off-season outside of Manning.

if he does sign then we need BEEF on the OLINE for pass protect.. and a Receiveing TE and another WR..

Not that we do not need D now but we will be spending BIGGER bucks on the O side ..

Plus Y'all forget there was NEVER an Intension of splurzing on or in UFA.. Getting MORE quality second tier guys was always the plan.. In stead of blowing all the budget on say MArio Williams..

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM

I would have been happy with Mario Williams.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL! This is the Mane. Toughen up or get out. How is he supposed to know you didnt hear about one of the main ingredients of the lock out?

Nice. Seriously? Just start arguing? It's not my style. I'm just putting out the perimeters in which I will continue the discussion with him. He can be as rude as he wants. I couldn't care less. On the lockout front. I knew that they had changed the salary rules, I just don't know the specifics because I have better things to do. That's why I come here from time to time. To get some information. I'd love to get that information, but I will not engage rudeness. Which is my choice. I've been here since this forum launched and I've learned one important thing, arguing here is a waste of time. Debating is fun. So with that in mind. I will repeat to you the same. you are rude, and if you wish to further discuss this, you must be more polite. Other than than that, have a nice day.:welcome:

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Go Fudge yourself. :welcome:

Fair enough. Have a nice day.

razorwire77
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Is anyone else getting the sense that this is going to play out with the following nightmare scenario:

Miami signs Smith.
49ers or Titans sign Manning.

Tebow saying 'ppreciate that now **** off, and the Broncos trade him to the Jags for a conditional 3rd rounder

EFX says "Ruh Ro, we don't have a quarterback, better draft one.

EFX says "Ruh Ro, Weeden and or Tannehill aren't going to be around at 57.

The Broncos reach and take one of these guys at 25 when there are still a couple of decent DT's and CB's on the board.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-18-2012, 08:53 PM
If smith signs with Miami then it's for sure manning to niners. They have no one else.

lonestar
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
If they fail to sign Manning and are forced to trade Tebow, they may not have much choice.

Why would they be forced to trade Tebow. He is under contract. For The forseeable future.

lonestar
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
I would have been happy with Mario Williams.
What does he really bring to the party? Pass rush from the outside.
Hey we already got that. We need pressure from the middle that is not his forte.

Let's spend another 15 mil a year when we are already spend twice that for the same type pressure guys.
That would mean about 40 % of your cap is in 3 guys that all do the same thing From two positions. That means one of them is not on the field most of then time.

Now if he was strictly a DT. I'd be happy with him. Or of you could get great value for doom who is a one trick pony. Go for it.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Why would they be forced to trade Tebow. He is under contract. For The forseeable future.

If nothing else, just for the roster spot and the cap space? I'm not sure what Tebows number is, but if we can't use him, then let's send him somewhere where he can continue his career and the system is more suited for him. It's rather obvious to me (and I could be wrong) that this current front office is committed to moving on without him. If we bring in manning, we can't expect to jam Tebow into an offense that just doesn't suit him, but some teams may have some need for him and he is still young. In return, we might be able to fill a need as well.

Broncoman13
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Is anyone else getting the sense that this is going to play out with the following nightmare scenario:

Miami signs Smith.
49ers or Titans sign Manning.

Tebow saying 'ppreciate that now **** off, and the Broncos trade him to the Jags for a conditional 3rd rounder

EFX says "Ruh Ro, we don't have a quarterback, better draft one.

EFX says "Ruh Ro, Weeden and or Tannehill aren't going to be around at 57.

The Broncos reach and take one of these guys at 25 when there are still a couple of decent DT's and CB's on the board.

Tannehill won't be around past #10 and could quite possibly go in the top 5. I don't think he is that good myself, but there could be some QB needy teams that jump up in the top 5 for him.

We are looking at Weeden at 25.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Tannehill won't be around past #10 and could quite possibly go in the top 5. I don't think he is that good myself, but there could be some QB needy teams that jump up in the top 5 for him.

Dammit.

Our FO doesn't seem to understand that just because they step in **** it doesn't mean they have to clean it off with their hands.

SJ Bronco
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey we already got that. We need pressure from the middle that is not his forte.

Let's spend another 15 mil a year when we are already spend twice that for the same type pressure guys.
That would mean about 40 % of your cap is in 3 guys that all do the same thing From two positions. That means one of them is not on the field most of then time.

Now if he was strictly a DT. I'd be happy with him. Or of you could get great value for doom who is a one trick pony. Go for it.

For me, I'd just like to see us spend that money on someone that could affect the outcome a bit more. I love a good pass rusher, but like you said, we have a decent pass rush on the edge and we just have some other needs. I'm not saying he not a good player, I'm not even saying he is not worth the money, but I just don't think he's a fit for the Broncos.

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 09:33 PM

There has never been a proirity to sign BIG name guys was not last year and unless another sure fire HOF guy comes along next year it will not happen then..

They are TEAM building and trying to keep the studs we already ahve unless we can up grade them..

Since when?

Dedhed
03-18-2012, 09:35 PM

If we take Weeden at 25 I'm done with Broncos football. I know that sounds like something a candy ass like TonyR MacGruber would say, but let's get real.

If we aren't a real FO, you can't expect me to be a real fan.

DBroncos4life
03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
If we take Weeden at 25 I'm done with Broncos football. I know that sounds like something a candy ass like TonyR MacGruber would say, but let's get real.

Good grief. Cutler was wrong our fans are not even close to a 6.

SoCalBronco
There isn't anything in the english language that could fully capture how horrific Weeden at 25 would be.

SJ Bronco

I said the same thing when they drafted Tebow. You'll be back.;D I'm an A's fan, this is small potatoes. Your team will do something, that as an individual, you think you just can't handle.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Good grief. Cutler was wrong our fans are not even close to a 6.

Dude...I'd give almost anything to have Cutler back right now. This team is taking years off of my life.

broncolife
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
What the hell is the front office doing? Signing Joe Mays wont allow us to sign any offensive players for Manning when he signs :)

Cito Pelon
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM

Yeah, I see the point. But Mario would have been a good player to spend money on to replace Ayers.

Rohirrim
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Dude...I'd give almost anything to have Cutler back right now. This team is taking years off of my life.

The frown cannon? :spit:

eddie mac
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM

You honestly believe the Browns will take him at 4???

Cant see it myself cos as of right now below are the only teams who want/need a new starting QB

Cleveland
Denver - only Manning
Tennessee - only Manning, they dont get him they stick with Locker
SF 49ers - Smith or Manning cos they have Kaepernick waiting
Miami - if they get Alex Smith they wont be drafting QB early.

Tannehill will be there at 25 if the Browns dont trade down and Miami get Smith. Smith will only go to Miami if the 9ers get Manning. If Tenn dont get Manning they stick with Locker.

DBroncos4life
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
As would I man.

gyldenlove
03-18-2012, 09:58 PM
There isn't anything in the english language that could fully capture how horrific Weeden at 25 would be.

I believe there is a word in German to describe it, however it is so long and has so many consecutive consonants that no human has been able to properly pronounce it in the last 2.8 million years (yes, German does in fact predate man-kind by millions of years).

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I believe there is a word in German to describe it, however it is so long and has so many consecutive consonants that no human has been able to properly pronounce it in the last 2.8 million years (yes, German does in fact predate man-kind by millions of years).

Looking forward to a possible rubber match against the Wings.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 10:55 PM

:thumbs:

Rolandftw
03-18-2012, 11:01 PM
It'd be hard to stomach Weeden at #25. I think he will be a good QB tho, and probably very soon. But getting a guy that probably has 6-8 years tops, so early probably isn't wise. No worse then taking Moreno at #12 tho.

If they like Tannehill, and he's their guy, I'm okay trading up to get him. Not a huge fan, personally, but the front office has to commit to someone. If they're not sold on Tebow and aren't willing to buy in, bring in their guy--whoever he is.

serious hops
03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
If we draft Weeden at 25, I"m going to go light an orphanage on fire. I'm getting seriously worried that we will, though.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:17 PM
It'd be hard to stomach Weeden at #25. I think he will be a good QB tho, and probably very soon. But getting a guy that probably has 6-8 years tops, so early probably isn't wise. No worse then taking Moreno at #12 tho.

If they like Tannehill, and he's their guy, I'm okay trading up to get him. Not a huge fan, personally, but the front office has to commit to someone. If they're not sold on Tebow and aren't willing to buy in, bring in their guy--whoever he is.

We need Defense, Defense, Defense....Why did we bother to bring in Fox & Del Rio if we don't move in that direction? We need to cater to our strengths as opposed to wasting a pick on a quarterback.

Rolandftw
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
We need Defense, Defense, Defense....Why did we bother to bring in Fox & Del Rio if we don't move in that direction? We need to cater to our strengths as opposed to wasting a pick on a quarterback.

Not saying they should ignore defense. Defense should be the primary focus of the draft and in free agency. Same time, QB is the most important position. The Broncos need to have a QB that they feel they can put weapons around. The fact that they're rumored to be offering Peyton Manning 5 years-$90 million, shows they realize how important the position is.

If it was all Defense, Defense, Defense... they would have just signed multiple good to great players on defense to continue to build that side of the ball.

Bronco Rob
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
If it was all Defense, Defense, Defense... they would have just signed multiple good to great players on defense to continue to build that side of the ball.

Logic would dictate that we need to build a solid defense and a brutal rushing attack...