PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency Kick Off - Manning, Caldwell, Porter, Adams, Dreesen, Hanie and Tamme signed

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

TonyR
03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Tolbert. I want Tolbert.

Sounds like he may become a Chief.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Wayne is getting less per year then Royal! 17.5 over three years!!!

BroncoMan4ever
03-13-2012, 07:18 PM

i thought it was looking like Hillis was going to the Chiefs.

RaiderH8r
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM

This **** right here pisses me off and is exactly why this manning fiasco isn't worth it. This deal should have been done on Saturday, if it was going to get done at all. These dip****s.

canadianbroncosfan
Wayne is getting less per year then Royal! 17.5 over three years!!!

Hmm if he had of gone to a team not named the Colts for that I'd be quite upset with our FO. The fact that he re-signed in Indy isn't the same as competing for him on the open market.

zdoor
Not to mention merriweather sucks cock

Count me among the non-Merriweather fans

Archer81
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Count me among the non-Merriweather fans

Thirded.

Is that a word?...

:Broncos:

zdoor
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
What's surprising is he's even IN Buffalo. I mean what the hell, Mario? Is there so little interest in the guy?

Bills have a lot of cap room and are willing to spend $$$

TonyR
03-13-2012, 07:27 PM
i thought it was looking like Hillis was going to the Chiefs.

They have both coming in. Hopefully they sign Hillis and leave Denver a chance but we're probably not the only ones looking at him.

RaiderH8r
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
They have both coming in. Hopefully they sign Hillis and leave Denver a chance but we're probably not the only ones looking at him.

We're nt looking at him and that's the problem. We're waiting on Manning.

TonyR
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Bills have a lot of cap room and are willing to spend $$$

Sadly the Broncos have more. Here's the top 10:

Bengals: $49.9 million under.

Broncos: $44.7 million under.

Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.

Jaguars: $40.6 million under.

Chiefs: $32.5 million under.

Redskins: $31.1 million under.

Bills: $30.8 million under.

Seahawks: $29.8 million under.

Titans: $28.1 million under.

Bears: $22.6 million under.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-11/

Dukes
03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Jason La Canfora
Carlos Rogers agrees to stay in San Fran for 4yrs, worth a max of $31.3M

zdoor
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Sadly the Broncos have more. Here's the top 10:

Bengals: $49.9 million under.

Broncos: $44.7 million under.

Buccaneers: $42.7 million under.

Jaguars: $40.6 million under.

Chiefs: $32.5 million under.

Redskins: $31.1 million under.

Bills: $30.8 million under.

Seahawks: $29.8 million under.

Titans: $28.1 million under.

Bears: $22.6 million under.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-11/

Yup but so far seems like we're only willing to spend for Manning

Cito Pelon
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Not sure how true it is but I saw that the Bills are tossing 90 million at him.

I'd top it.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Jason La Canfora
Carlos Rogers agrees to stay in San Fran for 4yrs, worth a max of $31.3M

Yeah my bro just text me that. Pretty good deal.

broncos-rock
03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Dwight Lowery - DB - Jaguars
Jaguars signed FS Dwight Lowery to a four-year contract.
Lowery reportedly talked to other teams Tuesday, but opted to re-sign with the club that acquired him from the Jets at final cuts last season. The former fourth-round pick appeared in 13 games in 2011, starting 11. He made 36 tackles and two picks, grading out above-average in coverage by Pro Football Focus.
Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter Mar 13 - 10:19 PM

There goes another one! Hopefully, we at least bring in Reggie Nelson

Cito Pelon
03-13-2012, 07:40 PM
it's finalized.

CHI got themselves a solid backup with Campbell.

Heyneck
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Cross off another possible target....

Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times Union reports that the Jaguars have re-signed safety Dwight Lowery to a four-year contract.

Seriously...Meriweather??? I know he had potential....but getting dumped by Belicheat and Chicago ain't good signs.

ChampBailey24
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
“@ash_evans81: @dmac1043 Bowlen's Gulfstream 4 landed in Indy today at 2:21 Eastern”ahhh!!!!!

Dukes
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
“@ash_evans81: @dmac1043 Bowlen's Gulfstream 4 landed in Indy today at 2:21 Eastern”ahhh!!!!!

How has nobody else said anything about this?

ChampBailey24
03-13-2012, 08:11 PM
thats all ive seen

spdirty
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM

How come no one made a thread about this? Maybe its to tell Manning to get the lead out of his ass and come to his new home while the skiing's still good.

HooptyHoops
03-13-2012, 08:16 PM

WHAT! I love this little nugget of information!! Get it done!

broncswin
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Nothing like pissing down your leg...AGAIN

jebures
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
the biggest surprise is that noone has signed Joe Mays yet??????

Lev Vyvanse
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
How come no one made a thread about this? Maybe its to tell Manning to get the lead out of his ass and come to his new home while the skiing's still good.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66ED

Notice the date?

go_broncos
03-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Our FO is as dumb as it gets..They are just stuck with Manning..Forget about him.He won't sign here..Just try to upgrade in other positions..

~Crash~
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
thanks go broncos . I so ****ing sick of payton talk.

BOHICA
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66ED

Notice the date?

That's not his plane. The plane that brought Manning to Denver is this:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/OPT978

Does Bowlen have a Gulfstream G-IV too?

spdirty
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Schefter tweeted the Chargers added Meachem, Lloyd visiting 49ers, and Meriweather is visiting Washington tomorrow. Please go there Meriweather.

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Schefter tweeted the Chargers added Meachem, Lloyd visiting 49ers, and Meriweather is visiting Washington tomorrow. Please go there Meriweather.
They still have money?

Navy Broncos Fan
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Bucks and Jackson agreed to 5 year $55 million.

Bronco Rob
03-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Brandon Lloyd en route to Bay Area for visit with 49ers

Posted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 1:08 AM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/brandon-lloyd-en-route-to-bay-area-for-visit-with-49ers/

eddie mac
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM

Are there any owner's meetings scheduled this week.:giggle:

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Eric Wright CB signs 5 year deal with the Bucs and so Day 2 starts.

GreatBronco16
03-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Has anyone informed the Broncos that Free Agency has started?

The Joker
03-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Elway and Bowlen refusing to host free agents until they get the right pizza I'm told.

Xanders screwing us again, he's been out three times so far and has come back with waffles, magic beans and an empty pizza box with "lol I can't believe you feel for that" written on the inside.

fontaine
03-14-2012, 05:31 AM
This happens every year and teams spend the first week overspending on FAs, then later the 2nd tier FAs start getting desperate and either sign one year deals or below market value offers.

Sounds good to me.

go_broncos
03-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Elway and Bowlen refusing to host free agents until they get the right pizza I'm told.

Xanders screwing us again, he's been out three times so far and has come back with waffles, magic beans and an empty pizza box with "lol I can't believe you feel for that" written on the inside.

Hilarious!..

Most of the posters here still believe in our Front office.

vancejohnson82
03-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Hilarious!..

Most of the posters here still believe in our Front office.

who would you have signed so far?

overpaid Eddie Royal to make 15 catches for us?

Christ, you guys are like little kids every year with FA

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 05:38 AM

look over the last few years, the teams "won" the first few days of FA never win championships.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 05:40 AM
This happens every year and teams spend the first week overspending on FAs, then later the 2nd tier FAs start getting desperate and either sign one year deals or below market value offers.

Sounds good to me.

This is what people refuse to accept. Year after year the big spenders in FA fall flat on their face, while the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers hum along building through the draft with an occasional supplementary FA but no big ticket guys (other than their own players). Yet, despite this, people b**** and moan every year when we don't bring in the big ticket guys. It's a proven failed approach, but people want us to do it anyway. Elway is playing this the right way. Sit on the sidelines during the initial frenzy, then swoop in when the Synders' and Jones' are out of money and do some bargain shopping. There may not be any big names left, but there will be some good value buys to be had. Don't get me wrong...I expect us to spend some money. There's too much cap space not to. But I expect us to spend it wisely, not crazily trying to outbid the aforementioned Synders and Jones'.

go_broncos
03-14-2012, 05:42 AM
who would you have signed so far?

overpaid Eddie Royal to make 15 catches for us?

Christ, you guys are like little kids every year with FA

you think all Free agents that were out there are worse than our players.
Do you trust Xanders?

TonyR
03-14-2012, 05:45 AM

Sounds good to me.

Yup, this is actually the way to go but it is hard to be patient when we have so many needs.

vancejohnson82
03-14-2012, 05:45 AM
you think all Free agents that were out there are worse than our players.
Do you trust Xanders?

ehhh, Xanders is stingy, but I'm not overly concerned with who has already been signed

for the money a lot of the guys got paid, and our needs (which are everywhere), I would have been worried about dishing out big money to one or two above average players

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 05:50 AM

This is the first time I've written 5 star post and seriously meant it:

5 star post

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 05:58 AM
look over the last few years, the teams "won" the first few days of FA never win championships.

That may be true, but only because develop from within is a winning strategy.

But you can't simultaneously sell your soul to Peyton Manning for a 2 year window while saying you're going to build from the bottom up through the draft. It generally takes rookies a few years to build to playoff caliber. If your strategy is a shortcut, you'd better get after it. Not leave loads of cap space lying around on the floor.

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 06:02 AM
That may be true, but only because develop from within is a winning strategy.

But you can't simultaneously sell your soul to Peyton Manning for a 2 year window while saying you're going to build from the bottom up through the draft. It generally takes rookies a few years to build to playoff caliber. If your strategy is a shortcut, you'd better get after it. Not leave loads of cap space lying around on the floor.

Would you rather overpay for Carr of Finnegan or get a better price on Porter? No DT's have been signed yet either....there is still the draft coming up too.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Would you rather overpay for Carr of Finnegan or get a better price on Porter? No DT's have been signed yet either....there is still the draft coming up too.

Porter's still living off that Superbowl game, ask any Saints fan, he's nowhere near the bracket of top CB's available.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 06:11 AM

I've already said we don't have a WR corps that is good enough for Peypey to win a championship. Plenty of wideouts that fit the bill went yesterday.

But like with everything- we'll wait for the second tier of retreads and wonder why they have little impact come fall. While we leave tens of millions lying around and swear that we're going to win a championship this year or next.

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Porter's still living off that Superbowl game, ask any Saints fan, he's nowhere near the bracket of top CB's available.

no but he is an upgrade over Goodman and will not cost the same as other CB's. Fox has always shown the ability to find good CB's.

vancejohnson82
03-14-2012, 06:14 AM
I've already said we don't have a WR corps that is good enough for Peypey to win a championship. Plenty of wideouts that fit the bill went yesterday.

But like with everything- we'll wait for the second tier of retreads and wonder why they have little impact come fall. While we leave tens of millions lying around and swear that we're going to win a championship this year or next.

Eddie Royal - not the answer
Vincent Jackson - couldnt afford him with Peyton
Meachem - runs one route

who exactly did we miss out on?

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Eddie Royal - not the answer
Vincent Jackson - couldnt afford him with Peyton
Meachem - runs one route

who exactly did we miss out on?

If you can't stomach paying 10 for VJ, you're going to end up with ****. Wideouts will get paid in free agency. Or what about Wayne?

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:19 AM
They still have money?

The cap exists to give the illusion of "competitive balance", nothing more.

rugbythug
03-14-2012, 06:20 AM
If you can't stomach paying 10 for VJ, you're going to end up with ****. Wideouts will get paid in free agency. Or what about Wayne?

VJ is not the answer. 29- Multi DUI Solid not great receiver.

fontaine
03-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Yup, this is actually the way to go but it is hard to be patient when we have so many needs.

That's a good point, but let me say this:
we could address every single need on this team and still be no closer to a Super Bowl than last year if the QB situation is waiting on Tebow to develop.

Could we have signed any one of FAs that got whopping, over priced, to the highest bidder type deals like Carr, Finegan and soon Mario Williams?

Sure.

Would it have gotten us a realistic shot at the SuperBowl?

Hell no.

Right now the biggest priority is Manning because he gets us a more realistic shot at the SuperBowl than anything else.

We sign him and the some of the remaining quality FAs (especially vets) start flocking to Denver looking for that shot at the SuperBowl.

Elway and co are doing this exactly right. The only negative so far is that we didn't lock down Bunkley before hand but maybe he wanted to test the market and in that case that's not their fault.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 06:22 AM
This is the same thing that happened last year and the same voices said to be patient. Only they did it during the draft while we passed on DT after DT, pointing to all the available FA's that we also neglected to sign.

You don't build a team through FA, but you round one out. Shanny catches alot of flak for his FA signings but we don't win a SB without Romanowski, McCaffery, Neil Smith etc. and it was players like Lynch and Plummer that had us back on the doorstep.

How do we not have a short list of must get guys that we were ready to throw contracts at? Not only do we have no depth, we are 50 mil under the cap.

EFX, throw us a bone, PM dog and pony shows dont pay the bills!

Start with replacing Goodman to at least prove you have a pulse and were watching what happened on the field FFS!

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:22 AM
no but he is an upgrade over Goodman and will not cost the same as other CB's. Fox has always shown the ability to find good CB's.

then wtf happened last year?

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 06:23 AM
I've already said we don't have a WR corps that is good enough for Peypey to win a championship.

The WRs we have are better than you think. Decker had 22 catches and 4 TD in the first 5 games last season, a 70 catch 12 TD pace. In the final 11 games that Tebow started, he only matched that production. I'm not saying it's all Tebow's fault, but certainly Decker was not in synche with Tebow or what we were doing on offense the last part of the season. DeMaryius was statistically keeping pace with Calvin Johnson the last month of the season, so there is plenty of reason to be very optimistic about his future. We don't have any depth beyond those two, true, but I think Decker and Thomas have the potential to be an excellent duo regardless of who our QB is going forward. Remember, these guys were only 2nd year players (the same defense most give to Tebow, and rightly so).

ol#7
03-14-2012, 06:27 AM
The WRs we have are better than you think. Decker had 22 catches and 4 TD in the first 5 games last season, a 70 catch 12 TD pace. In the final 11 games that Tebow started, he only matched that production. I'm not saying it's all Tebow's fault, but certainly Decker was not in synche with Tebow or what we were doing on offense the last part of the season. DeMaryius was statistically keeping pace with Calvin Johnson the last month of the season, so there is plenty of reason to be very optimistic about his future. We don,t have any depth beyond the, true, but I think Decker and Thomas have the potential to be an excellent duo regardless of who our QB is going forward. These guys were only 2nd year players, remember (the same defense most give to Tebow, and rightly so).

We didnt have enough WR's to field a full complement last year, have since lost Royal, and Decker is coming off an injury. Added to that Thomas has yet to prove he can play a full season.

There is optimistic and then there is delusional.

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 06:32 AM
then wtf happened last year?

he inherited Goodman....little offseason. Look at most the CB's he drafted and signed in Carolina. Heck, even with the Giants he did well.

go_broncos
03-14-2012, 06:33 AM
The WRs we have are better than you think. Decker had 22 catches and 4 TD in the first 5 games last season, a 70 catch 12 TD pace. In the final 11 games that Tebow started, he only matched that production. I'm not saying it's all Tebow's fault, but certainly Decker was not in synche with Tebow or what we were doing on offense the last part of the season. DeMaryius was statistically keeping pace with Calvin Johnson the last month of the season, so there is plenty of reason to be very optimistic about his future. We don't have any depth beyond those two, true, but I think Decker and Thomas have the potential to be an excellent duo regardless of who our QB is going forward. Remember, these guys were only 2nd year players (the same defense most give to Tebow, and rightly so).

Remember EFX traded Llyod.It has to do with it.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:34 AM
We didnt have enough WR's to field a full complement last year, have since lost Royal, and Decker is coming off an injury. Added to that Thomas has yet to prove he can play a full season.

There is optimistic and then there is delusional.

Not to mention there's a reason Decker caught so many balls early on and fell off when Demaryius returned... Can't just drag both of their numbers out to a full season cherry picking their best games due to the others injury and missing presence.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 06:35 AM
...we don't have a WR corps that is good enough for Peypey to win a championship.

Maybe not, but Manning will make them look a lot better. And Tebow made them look worse.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Maybe not, but Manning will make them look a lot better. And Tebow made them look worse.

Look worse than what? Decker hadnt done anything with Orton and Thomas had yet to get on the field.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:40 AM
he inherited Goodman....little offseason. Look at most the CB's he drafted and signed in Carolina. Heck, even with the Giants he did well.

Exactly. He shouldve known better.

Instead we wasted not only the draft, but one of the most talent laden FAs (if not THE) in NFL history.

Still early but looks like were doing it again.

I for one welcome our new 50 pt overlords.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Not to mention there's a reason Decker caught so many balls early on and fell off when Demaryius returned... Can't just drag both of their numbers out to a full season cherry picking their best games due to the others injury and missing presence.

I acknowledge they were both inconsistent, but as I said, they were both just 2nd year players (the same excuse people give Tebow). And DeMaryius did not start putting up numbers until the last quarter of the season, so that can't solely account for Decker's decreased production. He wasn't in synche with Tebow or the offensive changes we made, that's pretty clear. Furthermore, the passing attempts were way down with Tebow, so there weren't enough balls for two guys to put up big numbers. Let me make clear, I'm not blaming Tebow for all of this, but I don't see how people couldn't project greater production and success for those two with an elite passer tossing them the ball.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
I acknowledge they were both inconsistent, but as I said, they were both just 2nd year players (the same excuse people give Tebow). And DeMaryius did not start putting up numbers until the last quarter of the season, so that can't solely account for Decker's decreased production. He wasn't in synche with Tebow or the offensive changes we made, that's pretty clear. Furthermore, the passing attempts were way down with Tebow, so there weren't enough balls for two guys to put up big numbers. Let me make clear, I'm not blaming Tebow for all of this, but I don't see how people couldn't project greater production and success for those two with an elite passer tossing them the ball.

That's all well and good, but they need to stop dropping the football before they can make ANY QB look good.

Also... "sync" or "synch". That's bothering me, sorry.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
This is what people refuse to accept. Year after year the big spenders in FA fall flat on their face, while the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers hum along building through the draft with an occasional supplementary FA but no big ticket guys (other than their own players). Yet, despite this, people b**** and moan every year when we don't bring in the big ticket guys. It's a proven failed approach, but people want us to do it anyway. Elway is playing this the right way. Sit on the sidelines during the initial frenzy, then swoop in when the Synders' and Jones' are out of money and do some bargain shopping. There may not be any big names left, but there will be some good value buys to be had. Don't get me wrong...I expect us to spend some money. There's too much cap space not to. But I expect us to spend it wisely, not crazily trying to outbid the aforementioned Synders and Jones'.

My bitching and moaning about our FA spending began in the nanosecond after we decided to go after Manning. Yet, here we are, a nation divided over Manning but spending on OTHER FAs is a waste of money.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Look worse than what?

"Look worse" relative to how they'll be able to produce with a QB the caliber of Peyton Manning. It's no knock on Tebow that he isn't in the same league as a passer his 2nd year in the league (and never will be, for that matter). If the Broncos get Manning, and he's healthy, I can guarantee you our WR's will suddenly look better.

And speaking of WR's, what do people think of bringing in Gaffney or Moss when the Redskins realease one of them?

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 06:58 AM
That's all well and good, but they need to stop dropping the football before they can make ANY QB look good.

True, the drops were a big problem, but I think a lot of that was mental. When there aren't a lot of pass attempts it's hard for both QB and WR to get into any kind of a rythem.

Also... "sync" or "synch". That's bothering me, sorry.

LOL Thanks. I thought I was misspelling it, was too lazy to look it up.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 06:59 AM
"Look worse" relative to how they'll be able to produce with a QB the caliber of Peyton Manning. It's no knock on Tebow that he isn't in the same league as a passer his 2nd year in the league (and never will be, for that matter). If the Broncos get Manning, and he's healthy, I can guarantee you our WR's will suddenly look better.

And speaking of WR's, what do people think of bringing in Gaffney or Moss when the Redskins realease one of them?

So then you were projecting, since it would have been impossible for your statement to have been factual.

They need to bring in some bodies. We have lost 3 starting WR's in the last year and haven't brought in anybody.

Shockingly DT finally showed what he could do after reeking of bust, Decker was inconsistent at best and then we have Willis. That is it.

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:01 AM
The Broncos usually wait in FA to do much of significance, so we will see what they plan to do. Maybe they want to wait for Manning and he will dictate what other moves they make, but one would hope they plan to build a good team no matter who they play at QB. With the many holes this team has though, trading down in the draft still makes the most sense to me. The player they can draft at #25 is probably not that much different than what they could get later and getting extra picks in the 2-3rd round range would be nice to have since there are some RB's, DT's, CB's, and LB's of quality to be had in those rounds and if going to draft a QB, nice to have extra picks.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM
So then you were projecting, since it would have been impossible for your statement to have been factual.

LOL Whatever, bro. There's a reason a guy like Brandon Lloyd didn't want to play with Tebow. His passing abilities last season really weren't optimal for a WR. Not to mention the offense we ran because of his passing ability.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM
True, the drops were a big problem, but I think a lot of that was mental. When there aren't a lot of pass attempts it's hard for both QB and WR to get into any kind of a rythem.

"Rhythm"

Now you're just trying to piss me off.

And it's hard to get more pass attempts when you dont catch the ****ing ball that literally hits you in the face (bye Eddie!) or chest (lookin at you Demaryius)

Ray Finkle
03-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Exactly. He shouldve known better.

Instead we wasted not only the draft, but one of the most talent laden FAs (if not THE) in NFL history.

Still early but looks like were doing it again.

I for one welcome our new 50 pt overlords.

true but the draft has many good CB's that will be available in the 1st 3 rounds. If we come out of the first 3 rds with a DT, RB, and CB I will be ecstatic.

TheReverend
LOL Whatever, bro. There's a reason a guy like Brandon Lloyd didn't want to play with Tebow. His passing abilities last season really weren't optimal for a WR. Not to mention the offense we ran because of his passing ability.

Because Brandon cares about $ and not winning. He was perfectly happy losing endlessly in StL as long as he was able to audition for his next team.

BroncoInferno
My b****ing and moaning about our FA spending began in the nanosecond after we decided to go after Manning. Yet, here we are, a nation divided over Manning but spending on OTHER FAs is a waste of money.

You can't compare spending for an elite QB with other positions. It's not an apples to apples comparison. It's HIGHLY unusal for an elite QB to become available. If one does, and you don't have one yourself, it's foolish to not pursue that option. You can win a Super Bowl without a Mario Williams or a Courtland Finnegan, but it's HIGHLY doubtful that you are going to win one without an elite QB, unless you have an all-time great defense like the 2000 Ravens.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:06 AM
true but the draft has many good CB's that will be available in the 1st 3 rounds. If we come out of the first 3 rds with a DT, RB, and CB I will be ecstatic.

4 that are ready to start.

1 of those is a massive problem child.

2 will be off the board before our 1st round selection.

The last will be gone by our 2nd.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 07:08 AM
And it's hard to get more pass attempts when you dont catch the ****ing ball that literally hits you in the face (bye Eddie!) or chest (lookin at you Demaryius)

Or when you dirt the ball in front of an open receiver, or otherthrow them by 20 feet. Drops were an issue, but Tebow's inconsistent accuracy didn't help either.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Or when you dirt the ball in front of an open receiver, or otherthrow them by 20 feet. Drops were an issue, but Tebow's inconsistent accuracy didn't help either.

CLEARLY that portion of the passing game would be massively upgraded by Peyton, but your post is still a massive exaggeration and you know it.

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
"Rhythm"

Now you're just trying to piss me off.

I would say it all goes together. The playcalling is conservative, so the QB and receivers do not gel, especially when they had no camp together either, and then you have receivers dropping balls, which then makes the QB wonder who can he trust to throw the ball to and that might make a QB hesitate in itself and then make the OC call for more running plays. At any rate, the question people should have is how much improved Tebow and the passing game would be since I think a camp together and going back to a normal offense Tebow ran the last 3 games of the previous season would be happening would help the improvement. But obviously the Broncos think Tebow needs all of these gimmicks to do well though that didn't look like the case to me and I don't know a QB who would have put up great stats in this offense, but whatever.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 07:12 AM

Drafting need positions has worked very well for the Broncos recently hasn't it.LOL

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Because Brandon cares about $ and not winning. He was perfectly happy losing endlessly in StL as long as he was able to audition for his next team.

Oh I agree, I'm not sticking up for BL here. But I think many/most WR's would feel the same way.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 07:14 AM
You can't compare spending for an elite QB with other positions. It's not an apples to apples comparison. It's HIGHLY unusal for an elite QB to become available. If one does, and you don't have one yourself, it's foolish to not pursue that option. You can win a Super Bowl without a Mario Williams or a Courtland Finnegan, but it's HIGHLY doubtful that you are going to win one without an elite QB, unless you have an all-time great defense like the 2000 Ravens.

I'm not talking about blowing the budget but we've got holes, everyone sees that, and we're not doing squat to address them. Now, if we whiff on Manning and this FO goes out and gets retreads and cast offs I don't see how Tebow can be reasonably expected to improve on last year's record when he's had no improvement of personnel on the team.

It goes to the broader point, this team is ready to take one of two paths: 1. Manning and spending or 2. Tebow and the Bidwell model of milking the fans, hoping for the best, and lining pockets with shared revenue.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:15 AM
10:01 AM Another big move by Tampa, per Adam Schefter: Tampa Bay reached agreement with former Saints guard Carl Nicks on a five-year, $47.5 million deal including $31 million guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/179929488094789632

Tampa is going all in!

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM

Big Ben isn't an upper-echelon 'beat you with his arm' guy. He manages games on behalf of a great defense. They were 21st in points scored this year. 16th when they went to the Super Bowl last year. 20th when they won it in '08-'09. And there's no way you could've watched the playoffs this year and not seen that defenses can still dominate. The most potent offenses in the league were set aside early by defense. Brady was an inch away from being knocked out by a team that rests almost completely on it's defense. But in the end he still lost out to the team with a better balance of offense and defense.

Nothing in these playoffs made me think that you need a Big-4 type QB to win the big one. 3 of the final 4 had one thing in common. Scary defenses.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
10:01 AM Another big move by Tampa, per Adam Schefter: Tampa Bay reached agreement with former Saints guard Carl Nicks on a five-year, $47.5 million deal including $31 million guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/179929488094789632

Tampa is going all in!

I'm going to punch somebody in the mother****ing face.

We better have Ben Grubbs on a goddamn plane right ****ing now.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Big Ben isn't an upper-echelon 'beat you with his arm' guy. He manages games on behalf of a great defense. They were 21st in points scored this year. 16th when they went to the Super Bowl last year. 20th when they won it in '08-'09. And there's no way you could've watched the playoffs this year and not seen that defenses can still dominate. The most potent offenses in the league were set aside early by defense. Brady was an inch away from being knocked out by a team that rests almost completely on it's defense. But in the end he still lost out to the team with a better balance of offense and defense.

Nothing in these playoffs made me think that you need a Big-4 type QB to win the big one. 3 of the final 4 had one thing in common. Scary defenses.

QFT

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm going to punch somebody in the mother****ing face.

We better have Ben Grubbs on a goddamn plane right ****ing now.

We don't.

We're standing Pat.

YEAAHHHHHHH!!!

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/David-Caruso-cm01.jpg

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:19 AM

Yep, people are fools if they think the Broncos can win a Super Bowl with Manning and a defense ranked in the 20's like the Broncos have. With holes at DT, MLB, OLB, CB, and concerns at safety, those things need to be seriously addressed with competent, skilled talent if wanting to make a Super Bowl run. I am tired of seeing rejects from other teams, guys lucky to be in the NFL, line up for the Broncos on defense and expecting some great results.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Big Ben isn't an upper-echelon 'beat you with his arm' guy. He manages games on behalf of a great defense.

Somewhat agree, but he does make plays and at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM

Big Ben is absolutely an elite QB.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Somewhat agree, but he does make plays and at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

Yes. But without that all-world defense....Big Ben would have never even SNIFFED a Superbowl....not even close.

jhns
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM

You are retarded.

Lloyd didn't want to play for Fox. He asked for a trade, and complained to the media, while Orton was starting...

How do you not get tired of looking like an idiot?

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think Nicks, VJ or Eric Wright will make the Bucs any better. You have to build through the draft...

:spit:

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Yep, people are fools if they think the Broncos can win a Super Bowl with Manning and a defense ranked in the 20's like the Broncos have.

Giants won with Eli and the 26th ranked D. The Pats damn near won it with Brady and the 31st ranked defense. The Saints won it in 2009 with Brees and the 25th ranked D.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM

Yeah. And if this team has seen one prospect since John Elway that had a knack for making plays when you need it at the end of the day, it's been Tim Tebow.

Can he win a shootout with Tom Brady? Of course not. First off, that's not a winning goal. But secondly, he's only played 16 games.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM

This. Contract year. But at least he called me Bro. :flower:

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Soliai scheduled for a visit but Phins attempting to retain him.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Giants won with Eli and the 26th ranked D. The Pats damn near won it with Brady and the 31st ranked defense. The Saints won it in 2009 with Brees and the 25th ranked D.

The Giants D was FAR, FAR better than that seson ranking you quote......they got healthy at the end of the year, and dominated in the playoffs.

Face it. It's much easier to win a Superbowl with an elite defense and a crap QB (see 2000 Ravens, 2007 Giants, 2002 Bucs)....than it is to win with an elite QB and a crap defense (see 2007 Patriots, 2002 Raiders, etc).

Which is why I laugh at anyone who thinks we're competing for a Superbowl by simply adding Manning...and I laugh at the comment that "QB is all that matters in this league". Clearly it is not, or (as I've already said) Brady would win the Superbowl every year!!!!!

Now, that being said....will I be disappointed if we land Manning? Of course not.....not if the price is right, we have some injury protection, and we address many of the other needs that are glaring on this team.

DENVERDUI55
03-14-2012, 07:32 AM

Great offenses will make defenses rank worse then they are. Giants ranking was so low because they didn't get healthy til end of season.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Insert pic of EFX staring at each other wondering why no one is there.

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Soliai scheduled for a visit but Phins attempting to retain him.

It has been stated the Broncos are interested in him if Bunkley leaves, but not if Bunkley re-signs? I don't want Thomas starting and who knows if Warren can stay healthy and Vickerson is better as a backup.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 07:34 AM
The Pats damn near won it with Brady and the 31st ranked defense.

Pats were 15th in scoring defense.

DENVERDUI55
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
The Giants D was FAR, FAR better than that seson ranking you quote......they got healthy at the end of the year, and dominated in the playoffs.

Face it. It's much easier to win a Superbowl with an elite defense and a crap QB (see 2000 Ravens, 2007 Giants, 2002 Bucs)....than it is to win with an elite QB and a crap defense (see 2007 Patriots, 2002 Raiders, etc).

Which is why I laugh at anyone who thinks we're competing for a Superbowl by simply adding Manning...and I laugh at the comment that "QB is all that matters in this league". Clearly it is not, or Brady would win the Superbowl every year!!!!!

Now, that being said....will I be disappointed if we land Manning? Of course not.....not if the price is right, we have some injury protection, and we address many of the other needs that are glaring on this team.
Go back 20 yrs and tell me how many game managing qbs have won sb? Dilfer and Johnson were on all time great defenses but who else?

ol#7
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
It has been stated the Broncos are interested in him if Bunkley leaves, but not if Bunkley re-signs? I don't want Thomas starting and who knows if Warren can stay healthy and Vickerson is better as a backup.

What is the latest on Bunkley? Is he visiting with anyone? We were gashed up the middle when he was not on the field last year.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Thomas is a free agent Barry, no guarantees we're even attempting to bring him back at this point. Denver has 4 DT's on the roster right now, 5 if you count Ben Garland coming back from military duty (unless I'm mistaken), Vickerson, Ty Warren, McBean (facing 6 game suspension). Unrein

Bronco Rob
03-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Why is it not in the realm of possibilities to retain the services of Bunkey and sign Soliai?

???

Old Dude
03-14-2012, 07:37 AM
They supposedly spent the better part of a day negotiating with Bunkley, but there's no indication an agreement was reached.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Go back 20 yrs and tell me how many game managing qbs have won sb? Dilfer and Johnson were on all time great defenses but who else?

Won, maybe not, but participated in the SB, Grossman, Collins, Delhome, McNabb, Gannon, McNair, Hasselbeck, etc, none of which will ever sniff a HOF ballot.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Thomas is a free agent Barry, no guarantees we're even attempting to bring him back at this point. Denver has 4 DT's on the roster right now, 5 if you count Ben Garland coming back from military duty (unless I'm mistaken), Vickerson, Ty Warren, McBean (facing 6 game suspension). Unrein

Woohoo championship right there

barryr
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM

McBean is gone, at least should be considering he isn't that good anyway and Garland probably doesn't make it and Unrein isn't an NFL player. So right now, I see Bunkley, Warren, and Vickerson as the only DT's right now worthy of a spot on this team and really any of them are not that irreplacable.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Insert pic of EFX staring at each other wondering why no one is there.

And Bowlen walking into the room wearing a sweaty Tshirt and his bright orange short shorts.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM
10:40 AM Jason La Canfora: Dolphins trying to retain NT Paul Soliai, who they franchised a year ago, but he has a trip scheduled to Denver #freeagency
https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/179936070891347969

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM

DTs? DTs? We don't have any DTs! We don't need no stinkin' DTs!

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 07:47 AM

A little too black and white. Brady won championships back when his team played good defense. Nothing since. The Steelers have always won because of defense.

There's probably only 3 years out of the last decade or so where elite QB's with lackluster defenses won titles (GB, NO, IND)

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Bucs contracts thus far worth $140m with over 1/2 that in guaranteed money.

Drek
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM
10:40 AM Jason La Canfora: Dolphins trying to retain NT Paul Soliai, who they franchised a year ago, but he has a trip scheduled to Denver #freeagency
https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/179936070891347969

Good. They better not let him leave.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Why is it not in the realm of possibilities to retain the services of Bunkey and sign Soliai?

???

They both play NT. The Broncos only decided to bring in Soliai once they worked to resign Bunkley, and couldn't do it.

My guess is, they lowballed Bunkley...too bad, they are going to have to pay a few million more per year for Soliai.

Bunkley doesn't demand a double team, Soliai does. Would probably be worth it to bring in Solia at $8M per year...although he's not worth quite that much.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Good. They better not let him leave.

The only person we managed to keep in Denver recently was John Fox and he was unemployed.:giggle:

Heyneck
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM

Rapistburger played possibly the worst superbowl a wining QB ever has in 2005...plus he sucked that year and got carried all the way by a def. Same thing with Brady in his first 2. So that gives you 5 out of 11 wining QBs where mediocre (game managers) in the last 11 years.

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
And Bowlen walking into the room wearing a sweaty Tshirt and his bright orange short shorts.

Is that how a gay porn starts out?

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Trust Klis to piss on everyone's chips, he says no visit scheduled for Soliai. Well **** a duck.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Trust Klis to piss on everyone's chips, he says no visit scheduled for Soliai. Well **** a duck.

Is there even a plan 'B' if Bunkley walks and they can't get Soliai? We were lucky that Bunkley landed in our laps last year.

I really hate our off-seasons. I usually only bitch this much while driving. :egbgb:

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Come on Denver get yer ****ing finger out here. This is like being on the draft clock and letting other teams select in front of you cos your dawdling about your pick.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Come on Denver get yer ****ing finger out here. This is like being on the draft clock and letting other teams select in front of you cos your dawdling about your pick.

Pay Pay's got us by the nuts until EFX decides to take them back.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM

I don't see why. Even if we signed Peyton to the presumed $25 mil or so per year contract, that would still leave us another $20 mil or so to pursue any FAs we wanted. There's no reason we can't sign AT LEAST two solid $7-10 mil a year guys right now regardless of what happens at QB.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah indeed, we lost our bollocks a long long time ago when it came to negotiating. I thought we brought in some outside former player rep guru to sort that out for us this year.

Tick tock, tick tock

Elway still holding on tight to Manning's cock.

Drek
03-14-2012, 08:29 AM

No he doesn't. We did this last year too. Then we "bargain shopped" by giving Ty Warren nearly as much money as Mebane and Jenkins got. How many downs did Warren play for us last year again?

We got really damn lucky that Bunkley fell in our laps and actually showed up motivated in his contract year. McGahee isn't as good as his numbers looked last season. He was a solid stop gap signing but its not like we found an Arian Foster type steal. Other than that we didn't do anything worthwhile for veteran FAs last off-season either.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh and even if Manning's deal is $25m per year we'd be idiots to actually work the deal so the cap hit is $25m in the first year. Shouldn't be anymore than $12m-$15m unless off course the Broncos want to make it look like they've spent the majority of their cap on Peyton.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
No he doesn't. We did this last year too. Then we "bargain shopped" by giving Ty Warren nearly as much money as Mebane and Jenkins got. How many downs did Warren play for us last year again?

We got really damn lucky that Bunkley fell in our laps and actually showed up motivated in his contract year. McGahee isn't as good as his numbers looked last season. He was a solid stop gap signing but its not like we found an Arian Foster type steal. Other than that we didn't do anything worthwhile for veteran FAs last off-season either.

It's pretty bad when you consider that if we had just spent less than half of what we rolled over in available cap from last year to this year, we could've had our pick of any two of Mebane, Jenkins AND Cofield. We wouldn't have to worry about the DT position at all right now.....and they'd still have more than enough to sign Manning if they wanted.

The Joker
03-14-2012, 08:34 AM
We need to start doing something.

Never expected us to push for Carr, Nicks, Finnegan or any other big money guy with our... frugal, shall we say... front office but there are plenty of affordable players out there who would improve our team significantly.

Plenty of good MLB options still out there at least, which is nice.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Would Slaton be a good RB to add to the stable

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh and even if Manning's deal is $25m per year we'd be idiots to actually work the deal so the cap hit is $25m in the first year. Shouldn't be anymore than $12m-$15m unless off course the Broncos want to make it look like they've spent the majority of their cap on Peyton.

Unless the league is going to allow "rollover minutes" in future years, I'd rather most of it count this year than future years to be honest. When are we realistically ever going to have $50 mil in room again?

Drek
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
It's pretty bad when you consider that if we had just spent less than half of what we rolled over in available cap from last year to this year, we could've had our pick of any two of Mebane, Jenkins AND Cofield. We wouldn't have to worry about the DT position at all right now.....and they'd still have more than enough to sign Manning if they wanted.

And it would look even better if they hadn't pissed $4M AAV away on Warren.

The >$40M in cap number doesn't even count them being able to cut his broke down ass to free up about another $4M this year by the way. So if you give Soliai $6M and Bunkley $4M (more than he's worth IMO) you can just cut Warren and only take a $6M hit to that big fat cap number.

The Joker
03-14-2012, 08:37 AM

If they're trying to be cheap wouldn't the thing to do be have a really low cap number this year while there's no floor, then have Peyton's cap number be much bigger next year and after to help them hit the floor.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
And it would look even better if they hadn't pissed $4M AAV away on Warren.

The >$40M in cap number doesn't even count them being able to cut his broke down ass to free up about another $4M this year by the way. So if you give Soliai $6M and Bunkley $4M (more than he's worth IMO) you can just cut Warren and only take a $6M hit to that big fat cap number.

And then add Jason Jones or draft Stills or Worthy and we are set

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 08:42 AM
If they're trying to be cheap wouldn't the thing to do be have a really low cap number this year while there's no floor, then have Peyton's cap number be much bigger next year and after to help them hit the floor.

Would've been the best thing for the Colts too. He could've restructured to do the same thing there. But Peypey wants paid. That is all.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Unless the league is going to allow "rollover minutes" in future years, I'd rather most of it count this year than future years to be honest. When are we realistically ever going to have $50 mil in room again?

Next year when the caproom gets a massive hike with the new TV deal.

HILife
03-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Calvin Johnson, extension with Detroit Lions 7 years $132m, $60m guaranteed

W...T.....F.....

That's F'ing huge.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
W...T.....F.....

That's F'ing huge.

I think they said biggest contract EVER in the NFL....at any position.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 09:10 AM
I think they said biggest contract EVER in the NFL....at any position.

With the Lion's roster, how many of those fat contracts do they have? Seems like, at some point, they'll hit the wall and have to start dumping some players.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
12:07 PM Sounds like Bunkley's not coming back, as per Jason Cole: DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options. https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYahoo/status/179958736318775297

Dedhed
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Would Slaton be a good RB to add to the stable

With Tebow yeah, not sure with Manning.

p7superfly
03-14-2012, 09:16 AM
We need Bunkley, Soliai, Carr, and Meriweather. That's not too much. Sounds like we might have Soliai - why does that mean we won't get Bunkley? We should have both, and with Vickerson and Marcus Thomas, that's a solid 4 guy rotation - and we won't have to draft one.

Carr's with the Cowboys - we need to steal him from the Chiefs. He'd be fierce opposite Champ.

Then maybe Peyton... and if we get him we draft CB, or LB high.

BroncoBeavis
Next year when the caproom gets a massive hike with the new TV deal.

If that happens, can you imagine how expensive FA will get? All 32 teams chasing the leftovers around with all that cash?

Gotta imagine that would piss the oldtimers on their last contract off.

TonyR
Sounds like we might have Soliai - why does that mean we won't get Bunkley? We should have both...

Sounds like they've only budgeted for one or the other...

I'll post this again, surprised at the lack of reaction/commentary:

12:07 PM Sounds like Bunkley's not coming back, as per Jason Cole: DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options. https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYaho...58736318775297

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
I would rather have Bunkley.

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
I dont see Bunkley starting beside Soliai cos neither has any kind of push/pass rush from inside. Great run defenders but that's it.

BroncoInferno
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Sounds like they've only budgeted for one or the other...

I'll post this again, surprised at the lack of reaction/commentary:

12:07 PM Sounds like Bunkley's not coming back, as per Jason Cole: DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options. https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYaho...58736318775297

I'm guessing the 5 year deal has more guarenteed money. But Soliai is 29. A two year deal might give him a chance to cash in one more contract if he performs. So he has to weigh whether to take the sure fire money with the knowledge that it's probably his last big contract, or he takes the two year payout gambling that his performance stays at a high enough level to secure one last payday at 31. That's my guess.

MagicHef
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM
So... Klis has no idea what he's talking about? Hooray about Soliai.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
So... Klis has no idea what he's talking about? Hooray about Soliai.

Isn't that pathetic? I so miss the days when Schefter worked for the DP.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I dont see Bunkley starting beside Soliai cos neither has any kind of push/pass rush from inside. Great run defenders but that's it.

Maybe they have there sights on Worthy or Stills in the draft

oubronco
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Make it rain EFX we need some new players

p7superfly
03-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I'll be super-bummed if we lose Bunkley. Him and Soliai would be one of the craziest run stuffing tandems in the league... Vickerson and Marcus Thomas off the bench.

On obvious passing downs you can throw Ayers in as a DT... probably with Vickerson.

Bunkley + Soliai = a brick wall. Our ends are the elite rushers, and they're both huge so we can run safety and inside linebacker blitzes whenever we need without having to worry about other linemen blocking at the second level.

p7superfly
03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
And budgeted? Come on... we have $40mill plus in cap room, and haven't been big spenders in recent years.

Get our wall of a defensive line shored up, and get a corner... like stealing Carr from the Chiefs. Then draft heavily defensively for our linebackers, and DB's. This should be our defensive plan regardless of Manning's decision.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 10:34 AM
1:31 PM PFT: Per league source, the Jets, Eagles, Lions, and Patriots are interested in LaRon Landry.
https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/status/179982713229545472

Gutless Drunk
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Chargers announced they signed former Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson to four-year contract.

41m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Chargers announced they have agreed to a new four-year contract with left tackle Jared Gaither.

ChampBailey24
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Dan Korte ‏ @dkorteCSU Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
“@RichKurtzman: NFL Network reporting Peyton Manning holding up a potential deal for Mario Williams w the #Broncos.”@dmac1043 @JohnnyRoedel

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I wonder if the bloggers aren't just copying each other's bad info?

TonyR
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
2:24 PM Adam Schefter: Three teams having early conversations with Giants free-agent WR Mario Manningham: SF, MIA, BUF.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/179995810455486464

Gcver2ver3
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I wonder if the bloggers aren't just copying each other's bad info?

thats exactly whats happening...

we arent getting mario williams...

pricejj
03-14-2012, 11:34 AM
2:24 PM Adam Schefter: Three teams having early conversations with Giants free-agent WR Mario Manningham: SF, MIA, BUF.

Sweet...another one about to bite the dust.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Our FO has targeted TO. Stealth mode.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
2:34 PM Oakland has released ex-Bronco Cooper Carlisle, along with John Henderson. http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/14/raiders-cut-carlisle-henderson/

LOL Watch, these will be our pickups!

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
2:34 PM Oakland has released ex-Bronco Cooper Carlisle, along with John Henderson. http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/03/14/raiders-cut-carlisle-henderson/

LOL Watch, these will be our pickups!

Wrong Cooper

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Let's bring in Stokely for a workout.

He lives close by.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
What a clusterf**k. This sucks.

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
What a cluster****. This sucks.

Yep.

Oakland also released their TE, to save cap. He might be worth looking at, but was dinged up last year.

ChampBailey24
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
2 Rumors that haven't been confirmed or denied: Manning has Governor of Tennessee waiting to speak with him. Adams to offer % of team to him

Drek
03-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I would rather have Bunkley.

Why? Soliai is a month younger and actually demands double teams. Bunkley had his first good season in a contract year and it wasn't as good as what Soliai has been doing his whole career.

Soliai would be awesome. Not only is he a key run stuffing DT addition but he'd also let us play 3 man fronts on passing downs with him as the NT.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Why? Soliai is a month younger and actually demands double teams. Bunkley had his first good season in a contract year and it wasn't as good as what Soliai has been doing his whole career.

Soliai would be awesome. Not only is he a key run stuffing DT addition but he'd also let us play 3 man fronts on passing downs with him as the NT.

The two players are pretty much equal (Bunk had almost twice as many tackles ) and one is already familiar with the system and coaches.

oubronco
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Let's bring in Stokely for a workout.

He lives close by.

I wouldn't mind Mario Manningham

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't mind Mario Manningham

Like most everything else thus far, probably not happening...

lolcopter
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM

You can't seriously be butthurt over not getting manningham

oubronco
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM

Of course.

Someone thought that Mario Manningham = MARIO Williamas + Peyton MANNING + HAM.....all wrapped up into one.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh btw, should've posted this earlier, but hours ago Albert Breer said that the FO IS indeed waiting on Manning before they proceed with any offensive plan since they would structure the O completely different dependent on Manning or Tebow.

**** you, Elway.

Stagger Lee
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Oh btw, should've posted this earlier, but hours ago Albert Breer said that the FO IS indeed waiting on Manning before they proceed with any offensive plan since they would structure the O completely different dependent on Manning or Tebow.

**** you, Elway.

While I'd like to see them doing something, there really isn't much point in signing offensive skill players if we plan on running the same offense as last year. That seems to be the case if we miss out on Manning.

TonyR
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
3:35 PM Browns DB Mike Adams says he'll be visiting the Broncos; Adams has played fivee seasons in Cleveland after three with San Francisco. Last year he had three INTs, six passes defensed, and 41 tackles in 16 starts.
https://twitter.com/#!/MDOTADAMS20/status/180005452946472960

^ Low budget...

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM

**** you, Elway.

Tebagger

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM

**** you, Elway.

Exactly. We need to get on with it already.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM

The dude can freaking catch at least. Who do you propose as the #2 receiver?

Royal - gone
VJ - gone
Meacham - gone
Wayne - gone
Garcon - gone
Moss - gone
Lloyd - who?
Manningham - EFX not interested

Am I missing anybody?

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
The dude can freaking catch at least. Who do you propose as the #2 receiver?

Royal - gone
VJ - gone
Meacham - gone
Wayne - gone
Garcon - gone
Moss - gone
Lloyd - who?
Manningham - EFX not interested

Am I missing anybody?

TO-Available.

Rolandftw
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Carr leaves Dallas without a contract, supposedly. Get on it Elway!!

ol#7
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even if they are waiting to pull the trigger on the offense (kind of understandable), no excuse to ignore the major weakness of the team, Defense!

BroncoBeavis
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

Where is Spider, anyway?

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Schefter just reported Cowboys signed Carr to 5 yr $50 Mil.

Manning costing us even when he's not costing us.

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Where is Spider, anyway?

LOL

TonyR
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Schefter just reported Cowboys signed Carr to 5 yr $50 Mil.

Manning costing us even when he's not costing us.

We don't need CB's. Or S's. Or WR's. Or RB's. Or LB's. Or anything, really. We have the memory of almost landing Peyton Manning.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
We don't need CB's. Or S's. Or WR's. Or RB's. Or LB's. Or anything, really. We have the memory of almost landing Peyton Manning.

And that is going in the spank bank.

serious hops
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Well, if the front office doesn't get off their collective ass soon, it's going to be Manning or nothing.

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, if the front office doesn't get off their collective ass soon, it's going to be Manning or nothing.

That's their free agency plan to a letter.

ol#7
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM

I am using that memory to keep me warm right now. Its not really helping, but my 3rd Yuengling seems to be doing the trick!

55CrushEm
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
That's their free agency plan to a letter.

Exactly. Because they know they still have Tebowmania to sell jerseys, etc. Revenue generation is not a problem for this team.

maher_tyler
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
While I'd like to see them doing something, there really isn't much point in signing offensive skill players if we plan on running the same offense as last year. That seems to be the case if we miss out on Manning.

If they run that same offense we're ****ed! Most predicable play calling i've ever seen!

pricejj
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
TO-Available.

ROFL!

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
DeSean Jackson is off the board.

Heyneck
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Where is Spider, anyway?

he is probably all liquored up from the Friday news that Denver was the top choice. He is probably going through the mother of the hangovers.... wait till he finds out TEN is pulling a "robbery"...

ColoradoBuff
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM
guess there is always the Draft! lol

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 01:53 PM
guess there is always the Draft! lol

I think our FO is operating on the belief there is still a 12 round draft.

Shananahan
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Normally I can maintain composure when the team doesn't land a big fish or two, but hearing that Manning is the specific reason that we're not is maddening. They need to have a contingency plan for both outcomes, not this garbage. Manning should have been put on alert that if he didn't sign by a certain time, the team would proceed as though he wasn't going to.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I cant even drink through this bull**** until the 26th

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I cant even drink through this bull**** until the 26th

Probation is a Biatch.

ayjackson
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM
RT @kimbokamper: Paul Soliai about to re-sign with the Dolphins. [via Twitter]

ayjackson
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
JeffDarlington:
Source confirms that NT Paul Soliai is indeed on the brink of re-signing with the Dolphins. He's upstairs at the facility right now. [via Twitter]

barryr
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Mike Adams? 30 years old. Not that great. Bunkley must be signed now unless someone better out there.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
RT @kimbokamper: Paul Soliai about to re-sign with the Dolphins. [via Twitter]

Holy ****

What the **** is ****ing wrong with E ****ing F *****ing X

pricejj
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
JeffDarlington:
Source confirms that NT Paul Soliai is indeed on the brink of re-signing with the Dolphins. He's upstairs at the facility right now. [via Twitter]

:wave: freaking awesome

Hey Bunk, good old buddy old pal...

Remember when we laughed at your dollar amount? Well, we've been doing some soul searching and ....

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Holy ****

What the **** is ****ing wrong with E ****ing F *****ing X

It should be obvious. They LOVE Mitch Unrein.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
:wave: freaking awesome

Hey Bunk, good old buddy old pal...

Remember when we laughed at your dollar amount? Well, we've been doing some soul searching and ....

In b4 new one year deal for Marcus Thomas :/

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
50 million ****ing dollars of caproom

50 ****ing million

You can only laugh at these jokers.

pricejj
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
In b4 new one year deal for Marcus Thomas :/

That's what you get when you tell Soliai, "Sorry dude, we lost your phone number, we're kind of busy today...can we like call you tomorrow?"

ol#7
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
50 million ****ing dollars of caproom

50 ****ing million

You can only laugh at these jokers.

Is it time to revisit Kaylors Pat Bowlen appreciation thread?

Who hates the idea of a Spending floor? ^^^^^ This guy!

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
This is certainly not how this planned thread was supposed to work.

19 pages in and the only visits we've had is from 2 safeties.

Only Manning can save us.

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Going through the math:

Denver has this for FA's:

Binn, David LS UFA 6-3 228 18 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.16.49
Bunkley, Brodrick DT UFA 6-2 306 6 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.18.42.07
Dawkins, Brian SS UFA 6-0 210 16 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.20.09
Fells, Daniel TE UFA 6-4 252 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.27.54
Haggan, Mario LB UFA 6-3 274 9 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.42.13
Harvey, Derrick DE UFA 6-5 268 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.48.00
Hochstein, Russ G UFA 6-4 300 11 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.53.23
Hunter, Jason DE UFA 6-4 271 6 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.55.03
Larsen, Spencer FB UFA 6-2 243 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.11.42.02
Mays, Joe MLB UFA 5-11 250 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.12.08.19
McBean, Ryan DE RFA 6-5 305 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.12.08.27
Quinn, Brady QB UFA 6-3 235 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.27.13
Ramirez, Manny OG UFA 6-3 313 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.27.59
Rosario, Dante TE UFA 6-4 250 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.33.53
Royal, Eddie WR UFA 5-10 185 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.34.45
Thomas, Marcus DT UFA 6-3 316 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.55.09
Wilhite, Jonathan DB UFA 5-11 185 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.15.42.54
Willis, Matt WR RFA 6-0 190 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.01.55
Woodyard, Wesley MLB UFA 6-0 229 4 Seasons Denver

So that's apx 16 UFA's, 2 RFA's that Denver apparently DOES NOT want to re-sign, judging by lack of contract offers to them.

With 6 draft picks, that leaves apx 12 roster spots that they want to fill from somewhere.

So, duh, seems to me they need to get moving to sign guys that are upgrades or at least comparable.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
That's what you get when you tell Soliai, "Sorry dude, we lost your phone number, we're kind of busy today...can we like call you tomorrow?"

"We need to keep the lines open in case Peyton calls!!!!!!!"

Shananahan
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Bowlen probably can't stop checking his pager.

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Normally I can maintain composure when the team doesn't land a big fish or two, but hearing that Manning is the specific reason that we're not is maddening. They need to have a contingency plan for both outcomes, not this garbage. Manning should have been put on alert that if he didn't sign by a certain time, the team would proceed as though he wasn't going to.

Yeah, Manning can kiss my ass. If he's a holdup in some way so they can hand-pick guys for him, or just for what "style" of O or D they want to play, that's goofy.

Even sans Manning they should be looking for more skilled guys if they don't like the one's they have. Jebus. If you like a guy in FA, go get him, doesn't matter if it's Tebow as your QB. If neither the Manning plan nor the Tebow plan works out you have a better team for the next QBOTF.

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Bowlen probably can't stop checking his pager.

Lol. He probably tries to dial it and talk into it and then wonders why Cutler never called back.

Rohirrim
03-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Going through the math:

Denver has this for FA's:

Binn, David LS UFA 6-3 228 18 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.16.49
Bunkley, Brodrick DT UFA 6-2 306 6 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.18.42.07
Dawkins, Brian SS UFA 6-0 210 16 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.20.09
Fells, Daniel TE UFA 6-4 252 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.27.54
Haggan, Mario LB UFA 6-3 274 9 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.42.13
Harvey, Derrick DE UFA 6-5 268 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.48.00
Hochstein, Russ G UFA 6-4 300 11 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.53.23
Hunter, Jason DE UFA 6-4 271 6 Seasons Denver 2012.03.05.19.55.03
Larsen, Spencer FB UFA 6-2 243 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.11.42.02
Mays, Joe MLB UFA 5-11 250 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.12.08.19
McBean, Ryan DE RFA 6-5 305 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.12.08.27
Quinn, Brady QB UFA 6-3 235 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.27.13
Ramirez, Manny OG UFA 6-3 313 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.27.59
Rosario, Dante TE UFA 6-4 250 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.33.53
Royal, Eddie WR UFA 5-10 185 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.34.45
Thomas, Marcus DT UFA 6-3 316 5 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.14.55.09
Wilhite, Jonathan DB UFA 5-11 185 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.06.15.42.54
Willis, Matt WR RFA 6-0 190 4 Seasons Denver 2012.03.13.14.01.55
Woodyard, Wesley MLB UFA 6-0 229 4 Seasons Denver

So that's apx 16 UFA's, 2 RFA's that Denver apparently DOES NOT want to re-sign, judging by lack of contract offers to them.

With 6 draft picks, that leaves apx 12 roster spots that they want to fill from somewhere.

So, duh, seems to me they need to get moving to sign guys that are upgrades or at least comparable.

And teams are beating down our doors to steal these players from us!

Wait a minute...

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
And teams are beating down our doors to steal these players from us!

Wait a minute...

Correct, but the point is they should be trying to replace them, right? If they're not good enough to re-sign or sign anywhere else, their replacements have to come from SOMEWHERE.

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Any update on mike Tolbert? Cecil seemed to think he would be a bronco but not even a visit yet!!! Hmmm

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Desean Jackson just got a new deal from Philly worth |$48.5M/5 years

DBroncos4life
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Robinson a Jag 5 years 32 million/ 17 million in guarantees

Sorry if its a repost.

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Chiefs agreed to terms with Peyton Hillis.

yerner
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Chiefs agreed to terms with Peyton Hillis.

Perfect place for that Goat molester.

cutthemdown
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM
We have to see what happens with Manning before we move on. He will decide soon. Its good to sit out first week of FA anyways. Most of the big DT you all wanted last yr didn't play all that well in their new teams. Bunkley was probably best move at that position league wide and he was in a trade, and most of you hated it.

Face it you all are just fans, have no idea whats going on, and just sit around and whine all offseason. Bronco fans are a bunch of babies nowdays. If you dont get what you want when you want it you cry!

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55306/chiefs-looking-at-another-oakland-discard

Chiefs also looking at Kevin Boss. With Moeaki and Boss they will have a tandem similar to NE. We should be talkng to this guy just to KEEP them from getting him.

Cmon FO ...start doing Something to get Better!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
so after the broncos pick up 1 or 2 irrelevant 3rd stringers, we will hear Xanders say "we feel comfortable with the players we have" just like the end of FA last year...

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55306/chiefs-looking-at-another-oakland-discard

Chiefs also looking at Kevin Boss. With Moeaki and Boss they will have a tandem similar to NE. We should be talkng to this guy just to KEEP them from getting him.

Cmon FO ...start doing Something to get Better!

now all they need is a QB...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
a ton of cap space and no moves....either they actually think they can get Manning or they are just being "cheap" again...

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
now all they need is a QB...

If they get Winston from Houston ( coming in ) their line will be pretty good.
Assume they pick up a QB in the draft,or even if they don't they can protect
better.

They are building a pretty good team, not spending wildly but laying in the bushes with significant cap. Anyway they are making moves that solidify the team....

I wouldn't bet they don't make a push for the division next year, came close last year after a rough start.
What moves are we making?

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
If they get Winston from Houston ( coming in ) their line will be pretty good.
Assume they pick up a QB in the draft,or even if they don't they can protect
better.

They are building a pretty good team, not spending wildly but laying in the bushes with significant cap. Anyway they are making moves that solidify the team....

I wouldn't bet they don't make a push for the division next year, came close last year after a rough start.
What moves are we making?

Spano reports Pat moved his bowels about an hour ago. Good bulk so the fiber has been helping.

ScottXray
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Spano reports Pat moved his bowels about an hour ago. Good bulk so the fiber has been helping.

Hilarious!LOLHilarious!

good one...about the only move we HAVE made!^5

eddie mac
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd feel even better if he reMOVED his bowel

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm glad that the chefs signed Hillis because that frees up mike Tolbert to come here!

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
So anyway, I go to NFL.com and I see who's left:

Amendola WR (RFA)
Two Abdullah's S's
Mark Anderson DE
John Abraham DE
Jason Allen CB
Babineaux S (thought he signed?)
Atari Bigby S
Will Blackmon S
Kevin Boss TE
Michael Bush RB
Jerrico Cothery WR
Justin Forsett RB
Aubrayo Franklin DT
William Gay CB

Etc, etc, etc, and still most of the FA LB's haven't signed.

So, I guess the question is if/when are they going to bring some guys in, and have they even contacted people yet?

RaiderH8r
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I think we should send paramedics to DV to see if they're all dead. We got no signs of life. I think we can legally declare our organization missing and file a report at this point.

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
So anyway, I go to NFL.com and I see who's left:

Amendola WR (RFA)
Two Abdullah's S's
Mark Anderson DE
John Abraham DE
Jason Allen CB
Babineaux S (thought he signed?)
Atari Bigby S
Will Blackmon S
Kevin Boss TE
Michael Bush RB
Jerrico Cothery WR
Justin Forsett RB
Aubrayo Franklin DT
William Gay CB

Etc, etc, etc, and still most of the FA LB's haven't signed.

So, I guess the question is if/when are they going to bring some guys in, and have they even contacted people yet?

I believe he re-signed with the Titans

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Super Mario spending another night being courted by the Bills

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Williams-visit-to-last-into-Thursday/9f89ea7a-198f-4587-9e0a-828646bbf4be

Cito Pelon
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
From G to M:

Ben Grubbs OG
Deion Grant S
Kelvin Hayden CB
Israel Idonije DE
Richard Marshall CB

And still a lot of the LB's available, none of which I listed since there are so many that are potential upgrades.

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Chad henne signed by the jaguars!

TheReverend
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Chad henne signed by the jaguars!

link?

broncos-rock
03-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Chad Henne - QB - Jaguars
Jaguars signed QB Chad Henne to a two-year contract.
The odds are strong that Henne will start at some point next season. GM Gene Smith is invested heavily in Blaine Gabbert, but the 2011 first-rounder is going to have to make major strides in pocket presence and accuracy to hold off Henne for the season. Although Henne has been plagued by a hesitancy to take chances down the field and red-zone inefficiency, new coach Mike Mularkey may have more luck bringing out his physical gifts than the Dolphins did.

Archer81
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I want to laugh and cry at the same time. Peculiar sensation, really.

Chris
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
The odds are strong that Henne will start at some point next season. GM Gene Smith is invested heavily in Blaine Gabbert, but the 2011 first-rounder is going to have to make major strides in pocket presence and accuracy to hold off Henne for the season. Although Henne has been plagued by a hesitancy to take chances down the field and red-zone inefficiency, new coach Mike Mularkey may have more luck bringing out his physical gifts than the Dolphins did.

Don't you mean Mark Mularkey? ;)

Archer81
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM

Dont forget the link.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Love the title change Eddie!