PDA

View Full Version : If it happens..Manning,Wayne and Clark all coming

ghostofjosh
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/denver-broncos/2012/03/13/source-manning-wayne-clark-to-denver-broncos-as-package/

Powderaddict
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes please, yes please, and yes please!

Archer81
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Hooray.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Prisco and "one league exec?"

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Would Vince Young dub them the "Dream Team"?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Good we need the help at those positions.

Kaylore
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Rants Sports quoting a vague thought from Prisco? Is this what constitutes journalism now? An article re-stating the opinion of another journalist based on "a league executive" and it's news?

Archer81
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Rants Sports quoting a vague thought from Prisco? Is this what constitutes journalism now? An article re-stating the opinion of another journalist based on "a league executive" and it's news?

The light rail's reach is far indeed.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM
tweeting is for the birds..

Shoemaker
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM

You don't get it, man, it's the opinion of an EXECUTIVE. In the NFL.

Those guys are basically NEVER wrong.

rbackfactory80
03-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Footballs "big three".

Old Dude
03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
A week ago, Prisco tweeted that the most likely candidates were Arizona & Miami.

The Joker
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Would be great.

Wayne is exactly the kind of reliable vet our young WR's need to learn from, he'd be a great signing even if we weren't trying to get Manning.

Clark makes sense too, gives us a legit TE and again a great guy to learn from for the likes of Julius Thomas.

DHallblows
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
God I can't wait for the ridiculous level of disappointment to hit us in a week...

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Good we need the help at those positions.

Unfortunately we could use that help beyond 2013.

oubronco
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Make it rain EFX

Old Dude
03-13-2012, 09:27 AM
One thing that would still concern me is the Center position.

In Manning's heyday, Saturday called the OL assignments at the line of scrimmage, and he was damned good at it. That was part of what allowed Manning so much flexibility in calling plays at the line.

I have major doubts about Walton being able to fulfill that role - or whether he can even hold onto his starting job. But if not Walton, then who?

Archer81
03-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Tebownite!

Boo this man!

bronco militia
03-13-2012, 09:29 AM

that was me ;D

bronco militia
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM

In Manning's heyday, Saturday called the OL assignments at the line of scrimmage, and he was damned good at it. That was part of what allowed Manning so much flexibility in calling plays at the line.

I have major doubts about Walton being able to fulfill that role - or whether he can even hold onto his starting job. But if not Walton, then who?

Saturday may be retiring...

razorwire77
03-13-2012, 09:34 AM
I like how one anonymous "league executive" voicing his opinion has been tweeted and cited multiple times in multiple articles.

God bless the Internets.

Old Dude
03-13-2012, 09:35 AM
I think Saturday will retire, and even if he doesn't, he's probably got very little left in the tank. So, again, I'm wondering what Denver does there if Manning signs.

The Joker
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM

Guess we should just cut Champ now then, he'll be too old in a few years anyway.

Rother8
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
holy bull droppings..

eddie mac
03-13-2012, 09:39 AM

Some very good FA OC's hitting the market in a few hours

Scott Wells
Hardwick
Chris Myers
Dan Koppen
Samson Satele

bendog
03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I think Saturday will retire, and even if he doesn't, he's probably got very little left in the tank. So, again, I'm wondering what Denver does there if Manning signs.

Myers in Hou is a UFA. Shanny wanted to lock him up, but Nalen wanted to try and come back from a torn biceps, so Myers was cut and went to Hou

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Hear me out here. How cool would it be if the NFL would hold an event prior to the NFL season where based on teams record it could select talent from a pool of young players to groom to replace aging players. We might have something here!!!

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Guess we should just cut Champ now then, he'll be too old in a few years anyway.

Yeah, keeping existing elite (if older) talent.. no different than signing old-timers right after the worst years in their careers.

Chris
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Hear me out here. How cool would it be if the NFL would hold an event prior to the NFL season where based on teams record it could select talent from a pool of young players to groom to replace aging players. We might have something here!!!

What is this? Is Peyton Manning in this pool?

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM

Here's the FA list of centers: http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2012C.php

Plus, I believe the Bucs just cut Jeff Faine.

bronco militia
03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Myers in Hou is a UFA. Shanny wanted to lock him up, but Nalen wanted to try and come back from a torn biceps, so Myers was cut and went to Hou

nahhh...the texans gave us 6th round pick for Myers.

He'll be a Packer by the end of the week.

bendog
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks. I did google and some site had him as a cut.

But Den had Hamilton and Nalen both trying to come back, and neither guy had much left in the tank.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/17/broncos-deal-myers-texans/

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Yes. Sell your soul to win as many games as possible with the oldest possible players.

Then use the resulting lower draft picks in a couple drafts to easily replace all those old players as they all collapse right around the same time.

Why has nobody thought of this before?

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah, keeping existing elite (if older) talent.. no different than signing old-timers right after the worst years in their careers.

Yeah **** Wayne he didn't have a career year without Manning!

eddie mac
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Reggie has already stated he'll sign wherever he wants regardless of Manning and wont wait around to see where he goes.

Goobzilla
03-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Rather have Garcon than Wayne, other than that it's all good.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes. Sell your soul to win as many games as possible with the oldest possible players.

Then use the resulting lower draft picks in a couple drafts to easily replace all those old players as they all collapse right around the same time.

Why has nobody thought of this before?

With or without Manning WR/TE is a HUGE need.

DomCasual
03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks. I did google and some site had him as a cut.

But Den had Hamilton and Nalen both trying to come back, and neither guy had much left in the tank.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/17/broncos-deal-myers-texans/

Man, the front page of that site is depressing.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Exactly.

Also, I don't think people realize just how bad Dallas Clark was this past year before he was injured. Horrid blocking and tons of dropped balls. He's not exactly young.

lolcopter
03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
And so will I if yadadadamean

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Man, the front page of that site is depressing.

Yep. That was a sad day.

DomCasual

I ran into Saturday once. It was weird. We were in a park - if I remember correctly, it was the 4th of July.

lolcopter
Exactly.

Also, I don't think people realize just how bad Dallas Clark was this past year before he was injured. Horrid blocking and tons of dropped balls.

So he'll fit right in

alkemical
03-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I ran into Saturday once. It was weird. We were in a park - if I remember correctly, it was the 4th of July.

I heard it in the wiiiiiind.

I saw it in the skyyyyyyyyyy

'thought it was the end....

thought it was the 4th of juuuuulllyyy

:airguitar:

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Exactly.

Also, I don't think people realize just how bad Dallas Clark was this past year before he was injured. Horrid blocking and tons of dropped balls. He's not exactly young.

The TE free agent list is pretty sad. John Carlson leads the list and he didn't even play last year.

Jacob Tamme HB/TE is a FA from Indy as well. 26 years old and in 10 with Manning he had 67 catches 631 yards and 4 TDs. I doubt he is that high on peoples list.

Chris
03-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Cecil Lammey made a good point that we need speed and Pierre Garcon would be a much better option in that regard.

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM

Chicago rep. ;D

alkemical
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Cecil Lammey made a good point that we need speed and Pierre Garcon would be a much better option in that regard.

Shows you how good Manning is that he's able to get production from Role Players.

Imagine what Andy Reid could have schemed for him! :)

DomCasual

I distinctly remember there was a man selling ice cream. Although there were so many people laughing and dancing, it was hard concentrate. Then there was that homeless guy sitting on the park bench, singing Italian songs.

DBroncos4life

Garcon and Tamme should make the fans that don't want us to get old happy.

Rascal
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Why would we want Clark? He can't stay healthy, has lost speed, and can't block.

alkemical
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Can TO play TE?

lolcopter
Rather have Garcon than Wayne, other than that it's all good.

LOLWAT

garçon has stone hands. Decent deep threat though

orinjkrush

excellent reference ^5

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 10:22 AM
With or without Manning WR/TE is a HUGE need.

And history has shown that great franchises DEVELOP for their needs. Not sign 33 year olds with bad knees with 2 years left at best.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
And history has shown that great franchises DEVELOP for their needs. Not sign 33 year olds with bad knees with 2 years left at best.

we develop them too....we just happen to trade them all away cause fans get pissed about a player kicking the ball in practice...

its not a coincidence we have needs at these positions, the WR/TEs we picked to develop are playing at a high level for other teams now..

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 10:27 AM
We drafted TWO TEs last year. One of them is suspended for 4 games. Our two leading TEs from the year before are FA's. TE is a need NOW. The TE's in this years draft are not that impressive. So how do you feel we should go about filling the TE spot?

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
we develop them too....we just happen to trade them all away cause fans get pissed about a player kicking the ball in practice...

its not a coincidence we have needs at these positions, the WR/TEs we picked to develop are playing at a high level for other teams now..

Good point. But just because we screwed up doing things the right way doesn't mean we should say **** it and start doing it wrong instead.

p7superfly
03-13-2012, 10:28 AM

We could probably nab Saturday and move Walton to guard for a year to cover for Kupe until he's 100%. Then when Saturday gets too old, and has taught Walton, Kuper has healed, we go back to our old setup.

bendog
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Julius Thomas is a develpmental guy too. They gotta sign someone. I gotta say Fells and Rosario were not as bad as I thought, so if Manning and Clark are not in the mix, I'd expect one of both to return

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
We drafted TWO TEs last year. One of them is suspended for 4 games. Our two leading TEs from the year before are FA's. TE is a need NOW. The TE's in this years draft are not that impressive. So how do you feel we should go about filling the TE spot?

With a 33 year old who can't stay on the field? Did I get it right?

Rohirrim
03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Good point. But just because we screwed up doing things the right way doesn't mean we should say **** it and start doing it wrong instead.

I think the first ten sour grapes posts were enough. :deadhorse

bendog
03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Why would we want Clark? He can't stay healthy, has lost speed, and can't block.

I ask myself that too. Wayne I can see. Garcon? ... whatever Peyton wants. Maybe the guy makes a mean gumbo that reminds Peyton of home.

bendog
03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I think the first ten sour grapes posts were enough. :deadhorse

Teebs.

Shananahan
03-13-2012, 10:35 AM
We could probably nab Saturday and move Walton to guard for a year to cover for Kupe until he's 100%.
Oh my god.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
With a 33 year old who can't stay on the field? Did I get it right?
Oh you sad person. I'm not high on Clark. I have said I prefer Shockey. He is 32. The BEST TE free agent is John Carlson and he is 28. Guess what he didn't play at all last year. Then you have Kevin Boss 28, Jacob Tamme 27, and Martellus Bennett 25.

Really do some homework and give me your player you want instead of just b****ing about a ****ing rumor that Clark would be coming with Manning. As I said before it's not like we DON'T need the help at TE.

Pick Six
03-13-2012, 10:37 AM

If Manning is signed (along with other ex-Colts), we'll have some flexibility to get another center. Coach Manning will be able to draft a center...

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Oh you sad person. I'm not high on Clark. I have said I prefer Shockey. He is 32. The BEST TE free agent is John Carlson and he is 28. Guess what he didn't play at all last year. Then you have Kevin Boss 28, Jacob Tamme 27, and Martellus Bennett 25.

Really do some homework and give me your player you want instead of just b****ing about a ****ing rumor that Clark would be coming with Manning. As I said before it's not like we DON'T need the help at TE.

I'm not worried about what you think. I'm worried about what the Broncos do. And them signing Clark is a very good possibility.

lolcopter
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm not worried about what you think. I'm worried about what the Broncos do. And them signing Clark is a very good possibility.

Kinda get the impression from your posts that we should forego FA all together and just develop the current roster

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM

I had no doubt you wouldn't name a TE that you would bring in.

DBroncos4life
03-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Kinda get the impression from your posts that we should forego FA all together and just develop the current roster

Duh! We are better going with Virgil Green (suspended 4 games), Cornelius Ingram (zero career catches but hey he played in the SEC), and Julius Thomas (1 career catch). We are going into next year with three TE's with 4 career catches for 29 yards.

Orange_Beard
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Clark is done. If Manning were to pick Denver, he would need WR's, Wayne would be and solid choice.

Tebow could replace Clark. Tebow is BIGGER and tougher then Clark.

chickennob2
03-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Clark is done. If Manning were to pick Denver, he would need WR's, Wayne would be and solid choice.

Tebow could replace Clark. Tebow is BIGGER and tougher then Clark.

So is Chris Kuper. Too bad neither are tight ends.

Gcver2ver3
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
if we land PM and if it makes him more comfortable...

i have zero issue with kicking the tires on Clark...

lod01
03-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Looks like the Broncos get none of them and are stuck with the suck called Tebow. ROFL!

razorwire77
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Yes it is. Thank you Twitter. Not only is this the re-stating of the opinion of another journalist based on an anonymous "league executive's" opinion. It's a 2 day old re-stating of the opinion of another journalist based on "a league executive's" opinion.