PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston Released

Rascal
03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
A shocking move by Houston. Sign him up to play RT, move Franklin to LG, sign Manning, draft a RB and offense is good to go.

Rascal
03-12-2012, 08:17 PM
:honda:

TheReverend
03-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Repped and co-signed.

Would be HUGE to get this guy under contract and shift competition to G as he'd lock down our bookends.

oubronco
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Get-R-Done

BowlenBall
03-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Absolutely agree -- a perfect RT, and move Orlando "baby-eater" Franklin to his natural position inside.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Sign him! Always good to get more players from the U

TheReverend
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Sign him! Always good to get more players from the U

Ugh... forgot about that...

Let's look at Levi Brown instead. Far superior pedigree :)

SoCalBronco
03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Ugh... forgot about that...

Let's look at Levi Brown instead. Far superior pedigree :)

LOL...Winston is very athletic. He was originally a 5 star TE and got on the field alot as a true freshman at that spot on a loaded team. He's had a nice pro career and would be a quality addition, no doubt. Wouldn't mind getting Chris Myers back either. :)

Its all good Rev, there's enough of the pie to go around, I wouldnt be surprised if DEN signed Dan Connor AND drafted Sean Spence.

TheReverend
03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
LOL...Winston is very athletic. He was originally a 5 star TE and got on the field alot as a true freshman at that spot on a loaded team. He's had a nice pro career and would be a quality addition, no doubt. Wouldn't mind getting Chris Myers back either. :)

With Franklin at LG, Myers at C and Winston at RT, you'd be able to ignore DJ's suspension :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
A shocking move by Houston. Sign him up to play RT, move Franklin to LG, sign Manning, draft a RB and offense is good to go.

Making room for manning?

SoCalBronco
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
With Franklin at LG, Myers at C and Winston at RT, you'd be able to ignore DJ's suspension :)

That's gonna leave a mark....its ok, I walked into that.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Not only that the texans released Leinhart.

TheReverend
_______________ (insert Sandusky shot)

^ set you up :(

TheReverend

...shocker...

GreatBronco16
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Well then this will be the QB that Denver gets if we don't get Manning. Two lefties to compete for the job.

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Ain't gonna happen.

Kaylore
03-12-2012, 09:58 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XErftbBE_5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM

Rep that, every word.

Maybe add Dallas Clark to the list.

ScottXray
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Rep that, every word.

+1...even without Manning.

barryr
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Rep that, every word.

I would go for that. I think Franklin needs to be at LG and Beadles a backup.

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
We should've held on to Chris Myers and Tyson Clabo ... got nothing in return for either of them.

Myers at C, Franklin to LG and Clabo RT. That's a near-elite O-line.

lonestar
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM

does that meant they move one of them to WIL?

Other than that your post makes zero sense..

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
does that meant they move one of them to WIL?

Other than that your post makes zero sense..

SoCal has Shockey Fever for the 'Canes. Romberg virus, too.

Archer81
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Ah, the start of FA, when enthusiasm is high and every potential FA is a must sign.

:Broncos:

canadianbroncosfan
03-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Ah, the start of FA, when enthusiasm is high and every potential FA is a must sign.

ha-ha yes and other than Manning, according to most "sources" Broncos aren't making a push for any of them. Clark and Wayne are rumors only because of Manning but no one actually knows if they're considering us or we're considering them.

Archer81
03-13-2012, 12:27 AM
ha-ha yes and other than Manning, according to most "sources" Broncos aren't making a push for any of them. Clark and Wayne are rumors only because of Manning but no one actually knows if they're considering us or we're considering them.

We are going to need linebackers, for depth and now for two new starters. We need defensive tackles and another defensive end. We need a vet safety to pair with Carter. We need a cb to play opposite Champ. Denver could also do with a G or RT to compete with Beadles and push Franklin and possibly fill in for Kuper if he cant go early on. Yay, Manning is a FA. Denver has other needs besides QB that IMO, are far more glaring.

BroncoBuff
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM
ha-ha yes and other than Manning, according to most "sources" Broncos aren't making a push for any of them.

This thread is fun, we could definitely build an offense. But the reality is PM's salary will really downsize what we can do elsewhere. There's lots of work to do on defense, of course ... this roster's three biggest holes are MLB, S and CB imo.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Miami is making a move for him.

Trading Marshall...now beefing up the line?

I really hate reading between the lines on this.

elsid13
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
This thread is fun, we could definitely build an offense. But the reality is PM's salary will really downsize what we can do elsewhere. There's lots of work to do on defense, of course ... this roster's three biggest holes are MLB, S and CB imo.

We can not say how the Manning salary effect the cap, because we don't know how it will be structured. I wouldn't be surprised if deal isn't as big as most think it going to be.

Chris
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Miami is making a move for him.

Trading Marshall...now beefing up the line?

I really hate reading between the lines on this.

I see what you did dere. ;)