PDA

View Full Version : Who else is STOKED for Free agency?

Ronnie Tsunami
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
This is one of the most exciting nights of the year, aside from the night before the draft.

:strong::strong::strong:

I mean, even if we don't land Peyton, we have $40,000,000 to improve on our division champion Denver Broncos team!

Every solid starter we acquire is one less position we need to draft!

Here is my 2012 free agent wish list (I just want one of the guys below, getting 2+ isn't really a likelihood) what is yours?

QB- Jason Campbell for solid depth
RB- Mike Tolbert and/or Steve Slaton
WR- Harry Douglass
OT- Eric Winston
DT- Antonio Garay (mostly so we can shave Broncos into his hair)
LB- Curtis Lofton or David Hawthorne

canadianbroncosfan
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
QB - Peyton Manning
OL - Mario Williams
CB - Finnegan

Any or all please. It's a "wish list" remember, reality doesn't have to play a factor.

mwill07
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
QB - Peyton Manning
OL - Mario Williams
CB - Finnegan

Any or all please. It's a "wish list" remember, reality doesn't have to play a factor.
well then, lets toss in Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Vincent Jackson.

Now, we've got something.

PRBronco
03-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Is Carl Nicks still headed for free agency? Sign me up. Or Eric Winston. We can shuffle guys around and put together something half decent with the addition of one of them.

Doggcow
03-12-2012, 06:50 PM

With that I think we have a serious contender this year.

canadianbroncosfan
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM

Now you're not living in reality ;)

canadianbroncosfan
03-12-2012, 07:04 PM
All this Manning business aside, and a little more realistic

I would absolutely love to get a big name player like Michael Bush or Colstonon O or Lofton or Williams on D

GoHAM
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I really want Curtis Lofton.

HooptyHoops
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I was super pumped, but then we entered the Manning saga....yes, I would still like Manning, but from the news today, waiting for him will hamper the Broncos in their free agency quest.....So, I'm hoping we still go out and sign some good/great starters(please)!!

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
perhaps my biggest motivation for getting PM is that if we land him, it all but assures we'll spend aggressively in FA...

if we don't get PM, all bets are off....

spdirty
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
1. Manning
2. Clark
3. Wayne
4. Chris Myers
5. Solai
6. Hawthorne
7. Finnegan
8. Peyton Hillis (for shlts and giggles)
9. Garcon
10.Ginn

KevinJames
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Curtis Lofton would be great! Ted Ginn is another guy we should target if we don't retain Royal. Should grab Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday as well.

Here is a list of guys I wouldn't mind:

Jason Jones (TEN) - DT
Amobi Okoye (CHI) - DT
Brandon Carr (KC) -CB
Tracy Porter (NO) - CB
Terrell Thomas (NYG) - CB
Richard Marshall (ARI)- CB
Aaron Ross (NYG) - CB
LaRon Landry (WAS) - SS
Tom Zbikowski (BAL) - SS
Reggie Nelson (CIN) - FS
Tanard Jackson (TB) - FS
Jim Leonhard (NYJ) - SS
Sean Jones (TB) - SS
John Carlson (SEA) - TE
Joel Dreessen (HOU) - TE
LB - Jameel McClain (BAL) - LB

theres more too I just cant think right now

RMT
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I was super pumped, but then we entered the Manning saga....yes, I would still like Manning, but from the news today, waiting for him will hamper the Broncos in their free agency quest.....So, I'm hoping we still go out and sign some good/great starters(please)!!

I agree - I feel we should assume Manning is NOT coming to Denver. And when we bring in some solid FAs, it'll be less money we get to (or have to) commit to him but at the same time the team is more competitive (and attractive to Manning).

oubronco
03-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Eric Winston, Carl Nicks, Curtis Lofton, Jason Jones, Peyton Manning

broncolife
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
perhaps my biggest motivation for getting PM is that if we land him, it all but assures we'll spend aggressively in FA...

if we don't get PM, all bets are off....

yep, one of the reasons why I want him

yerner
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Does it start tonight?

orange crusher
03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Does it start tonight?

Tomorrow afternoon @ 2:00.

extralife
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I've been banging the Bush drum for a year, so I won't stop now. If we don't get Manning, I'd like to see him and Finnegan. I don't think we go spending like that without Manning, though, and if we get him we're bringing a couple Colts along for the ride instead.

yerner
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I've been banging the Bush drum for a year, so I won't stop now. If we don't get Manning, I'd like to see him and Finnegan. I don't think we go spending like that without Manning, though, and if we get him we're bringing a couple Colts along for the ride instead.

He would be good. Could have a Michael Turner type impact for the right team.

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Obvious Madden GM is obvious.

Dukes
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Obvious Madden GM is obvious.

Obvious Debbie Downer is obvious:)

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow. :bronxrox:

Broncobiv
03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
So, if tomorrow afternoon we sign Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, but Manning still has not made an announcement yet and does not all night......

That would be freaky! Like seeing a big lightning flash and just waiting, waiting, waiting for the thunder boom!

barryr
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
It is obvious the Broncos need more talent no matter who plays QB. Finding some more help on defense can be done at least while waiting for Manning and the OL as well.

Hamrob
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
How about...No:

Because after we spend $25m/yr on Manning, we've shot our wad?

I mean what's going to be left to sign anyone. Heck, I don't see how the Cardinals will even come close to sign manning.

R8R H8R
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
We aren't going after any of these players. Haven't you heard? Bowlen's flat broke. It's true. It's on the Mane.

Shananahan
03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah, same here. I don't mind Tolbert all that much, but I think Bush would bring a lot more to the offense.

ScottXray
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Raiders just Released TE Kevin Boss. 6-6 266. 26yo. He was hurt last year
a bunch but could be had for less than Clark.

FireFly
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
There are a LOT of players that I'd be really excited about us picking up this year. I would love Eric Winston, a MLB and a CB.

They're the positions that I'd most like to see us address in FA... oh and RB!

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2012, 12:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/player/jameelmcclain/1734/profile

Cecil has us gunning for this guy. Says he's going to be a superstar. Balt can't afford to keep him. Called the defense when Lewis was out. Very bright future.

Also said Tolbert would be our first signing if we had it our way.

Wants to see us go after Carr too.

Apparently we were thinking of franchise tagging Bunkley too. Called the best 3-4 DT in FA.

cutthemdown
03-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Nicks- OG NO
Micheal Bush-RB OAK - it would kill them
grimes-CB- ATL
Manning-QB-Indy

cutthemdown
03-13-2012, 02:24 AM

Cecil has us gunning for this guy. Says he's going to be a superstar. Balt can't afford to keep him. Called the defense when Lewis was out. Very bright future.

Apparently we were thinking of franchise tagging Bunkley too. Called the best 3-4 DT in FA.

Bunkley best 3-4 tackle? He just doesn't seem like a NT to me.

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 02:26 AM

I'd much prefer Mcclain to any of the other ILB in FA.

cutthemdown
03-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Yeah, same here. I don't mind Tolbert all that much, but I think Bush would bring a lot more to the offense.

Probably cost a bit more also though, but you never know. Both those guys hard physical runners and I like that. We need to get to running the football, and punishing the other teams QB. Its the best formula for winning superbowls. Even if your defense gives up points, if they punish the QB eventually they get big plays.

cutthemdown
03-13-2012, 02:27 AM
We aren't going after any of these players. Haven't you heard? Bowlen's flat broke. It's true. It's on the Mane.

It makes sense that he said lets get our cap in order, take a few yrs off from FA, and is no ready to spend again. He probably saved up in his piggy bank.

Doggcow
03-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Probably cost a bit more also though, but you never know. Both those guys hard physical runners and I like that. We need to get to running the football, and punishing the other teams QB. Its the best formula for winning superbowls. Even if your defense gives up points, if they punish the QB eventually they get big plays.

I'd really like to attack other FA positions with this money, since RB is such a short lived position, and I personally feel the draft is loaded with effective runners.