PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow surprises wounded Army Ranger

maher_tyler
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Even with everything going on, he knows football is just a game and that there are more important things in life. Hope he makes it in the league with us or without us...

http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104670&article=9884194

spdirty
03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Good for Timmy.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 05:30 PM
While Elway, Fox and Manning were getting hammered and stroking their own egos...

Who do you trust on game day?

Dukes
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
While Elway, Fox and Manning were getting hammered and stroking their own egos...

Being a good person translates to preforming on gameday? Gotcha.

All sideshows aside (MacGruder) I'm glad to see Tebow doing these fundraisers. Especially for wounded vets.

OBF1
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
We can no longer have or promote this kind of behavior on the Denver Bronco's. I say release the kid and sign a new QB in the draft..... I hear Matt Linart can be had on the cheap.

Broncochica
03-12-2012, 07:20 PM

It's funny with the way most posters are acting here, so sure Peyton's coming to Denver. Haha Don't count your chickens before they hatch is what I'm thinking lol :)

Navy Broncos Fan
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
More great work by a great role model. Rare to find these days with so many sports stars having multiple children from multiple women and drunk driving, drugs, etc.

Good job Tim.

GreatBronco16
03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
If only Tebow would go out, get drunk, slap some women around, get a DUI.....then and only then would the Bronco front office really rally behind him to be the starter.:giggle:

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Peyton Manning did so much charity work at a hospital in Indianapolis, they put his name on the effing building.

Tebow is a great kid, but he's not the only person in the NFL with a big heart.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Peyton Manning did so much charity work at a hospital in Indianapolis, they put his name on the effing building.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/O3Ph7Q1wNE_GwLK6w-kRyg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/O3Ph7Q1wNE_GwLK6w-kRyg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 08:18 PM

No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco.

Maybe if they had watched some Orton film instead of knocking them back telling old war stories the Broncos could have gotten past the Pats.

Remember all those games off Fox gave the team after wins last season? You think Bellichick sucked up and gave all those games off like Fox did? I wonder why one has multiple championships and the other doesn't...

All I'm saying is I bet Tebow has multiple championships for the same reason as Belli if anyone let's him get that chance.. a REAL chance... not a BS one like he got last year while being crucified..

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/O3Ph7Q1wNE_GwLK6w-kRyg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/O3Ph7Q1wNE_GwLK6w-kRyg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Whatever you tried to embed isn't showing up for me. I'm sure it's brilliant, just based on the poster.

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 08:22 PM
No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco.

Maybe if they had watched some Orton film instead of knocking them back telling old war stories the Broncos could have gotten past the Pats.

Remember all those games off Fox gave the team after wins last season? You think Bellichick sucked up and gave all those games off like Fox did? I wonder why one has multiple championships and the other doesn't...

All I'm saying is I bet Tebow has multiple championships for the same reason as Belli if anyone let's him get that chance.. a REAL chance... not a BS one like he got last year while being crucified..

Not sure if you read the OP or not, but you should.

:strong:

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Whatever you tried to embed isn't showing up for me. I'm sure it's brilliant, just based on the poster.

Yeah, I've seen that happen before on this site sometimes. Don't know why. This embed's working fine for me. Here's the direct link

http://www.hulu.com/watch/11931/saturday-night-live-penelope--traffic-school

Enjoy :)

Missouribronc
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I've seen that happen before on this site sometimes. Don't know why. This embed's working fine for me. Here's the direct link

http://www.hulu.com/watch/11931/saturday-night-live-penelope--traffic-school

Enjoy :)

That must be the link to a video saying Tim Tebow is the ONLY charitable person in the NFL.

Either way, and I'm not sure you picked up on this before, you're full of ****.

loborugger
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
It's funny with the way most posters are acting here, so sure Peyton's coming to Denver. Haha Don't count your chickens before they hatch is what I'm thinking lol :)

Or your necks before they crack. I am in the minority, but I don't see Manning finishing the season no matter where he goes.

lonestar
03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Just a class kid doing what he beleives in..

Mile High Salute to him..

Navy Broncos Fan
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Oh I am sure Manning has done tons of great work. He is another great example of good role models. I was just pointing out that we had a great player and role model in the Broncos organization.

KevinJames
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Ill take the guys trying to improve MY BRONCOS

Football is about Football

everything else is irrelevant in my eyes.

errand
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM

Well in fairness to John and Peyton, they already know how to throw the ball pretty well, and accurately.

But all jokes aside, nobody gives Tim a ration of **** for having a big heart, and being the NFL's version of Mother Teresa....but like others have said, he's hardly the only player that gives back to those less fortunate or the injured....but he does seem to get alot of press when he does.

BroncoMan4ever
03-13-2012, 01:39 AM

Peyton. And from 83 for the following 16 seasons Elway.

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Peyton. And from 83 for the following 16 seasons Elway.

Elway sucked so hard his first year he didn't even start in his first playoff game.

Let alone put up 300 beating the AFC champs. Shouldda dumped him and did a deal for Terry Bradshaw.

TonyR
03-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Or your necks before they crack. I am in the minority, but I don't see Manning finishing the season no matter where he goes.

Sigh. How many times do I have to explain this before some of you catch on?

Doctors say the area of Peyton Manning's neck where two vertebrae were fused should be stronger than ever. That doesn't mean there won't be risks medically and monetarily for the NFL team that pays big bucks to sign the quarterback after he was released this week by the Indianapolis Colts.

Manning missed last season after the fusion surgery. He had had another surgery the previous May to fix a bulging disk. The fusion was to remedy a nerve problem that had weakened his right (throwing) arm.

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

fontaine
03-13-2012, 06:32 AM
No one said anything about his charity work... I would just prefer that my franchise geriatric QB spend his time rehabbing rather than lubricating his nerves with booze.. same with the management being paid millions of dollars for the crap gameplan they put out last year and the botched Tebow-Orton fiasco...

That same plan booze by the ton, mismanagement with a crap gameplan and Tebow-Orton fiasco nearly got us to the AFC championship game so shut your mouth.

I'll have another another one of those please and this time make it a single malt on the rocks and maybe we get to the AFC Championship this time as long as Tebow doesn't sabotage us in the playoffs.

Goobzilla
03-13-2012, 06:43 AM
It's kinda dusty in here. Great story, good for Timmy.

ScottXray
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
That same plan booze by the ton, mismanagement with a crap gameplan and Tebow-Orton fiasco nearly got us to the AFC championship game so shut your mouth.

I'll have another another one of those please and this time make it a single malt on the rocks and maybe we get to the AFC Championship this time as long as Tebow doesn't sabotage us in the playoffs.

Tebow didn't lose the 2nd round playoff game. The Patriots handed the entire team their collective asses, including the coaching staff who were unable to come up with anything at all effective. We got beat
in every way. Offense , Defense and ST all were horrible, and it wasn't because of Tebow, who at least tried for the entire game, while the defense quit after 1 1/2 quarters and a record amount of points given up. I'm sure some others did also but it didn't matter. We were beat the second the ball left the tee on the first kickoff, by a better coached and better prepared and more talented team.

orinjkrush
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Doctors say the area of Peyton Manning's neck where two vertebrae were fused should be stronger than ever. That doesn't mean there won't be risks medically and monetarily for the NFL team that pays big bucks to sign the quarterback after he was released this week by the Indianapolis Colts.

Manning missed last season after the fusion surgery. He had had another surgery the previous May to fix a bulging disk. The fusion was to remedy a nerve problem that had weakened his right (throwing) arm.

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

what was left unsaid is that often the segments above and below become more stressed and can lead to other bulging disks. there still is more risk.

orinjkrush
03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
and re. the op: Tim is showing us all a better way.

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Tebow didn't lose the 2nd round playoff game. The Patriots handed the entire team their collective asses, including the coaching staff who were unable to come up with anything at all effective. We got beat
in every way. Offense , Defense and ST all were horrible, and it wasn't because of Tebow, who at least tried for the entire game, while the defense quit after 1 1/2 quarters and a record amount of points given up. I'm sure some others did also but it didn't matter. We were beat the second the ball left the tee on the first kickoff, by a better coached and better prepared and more talented team.

Yeah right. Peyton hangs 60 on the Pats and we win going away.

Peyton OWNS Brady in January. It's science.

broncosteven
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM

The problem is not with the strength of the spine, it is the nerve damage.

One other thing people forget to mention is that you lose range of motion for each procedure. It is slight but could add up for a 36 year old QB on a new team behind a new OL. Throw in what the nerve damage is doing to the muscles and there are major problems there.

The good thing is he seems to be tolerating the pain well so far, he doesn't look stiff and stands for long periods of time.

I wish I could afford to go to Europe and get some stem cells injected into my bad nerve.

bendog
03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
The problem is not with the strength of the spine, it is the nerve damage.

One other thing people forget to mention is that you lose range of motion for each procedure. It is slight but could add up for a 36 year old QB on a new team behind a new OL. Throw in what the nerve damage is doing to the muscles and there are major problems there.

The good thing is he seems to be tolerating the pain well so far, he doesn't look stiff and stands for long periods of time.

I wish I could afford to go to Europe and get some stem cells injected into my bad nerve.

I wish I could get stem cells injected in my dick.