PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in preliminary talks with Tom Condon

BMarsh615
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Like several other teams involved in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, the Broncos have been in discussions today with agent Tom Condon.

Talks are no more than preliminary, though, because Manning has not yet decided where he will finish his career and wants to take today to rest, work out and clear his mind, according to two NFL sources.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20156608/broncos-among-teams-talking-contract-peyton-manning?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Somebody check with houghtam, this should have been taken care of via text message before Peyton Manning's visit...

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Stokely tossed the ball with PM:

"People who say the Broncos are crazy for not watching his balls fly, or what are they doing? those people are dead wrong," Stokley said. "I'll put whatever reputation I have on the line behind that guy right now. He looks great."

Read more: Stokley: Peyton Manning throwing like he did six years ago - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20156530/stokley-peyton-manning-throwing-like-he-did-six?source=pkg#ixzz1ovyEYRb7
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

HooptyHoops
03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Let's get this done before tomorrow, so that we can attract some talent in free agency!

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Why are people acting like Bowlen is going to break the bank all of a sudden? I thought he was broke?

OBF1
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
I do not think PM will make any decisions before Friday at the earliest. He is in no hurry to do so.

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Why are people acting like Bowlen is going to break the bank all of a sudden? I thought he was broke?

Who told you that?? His pilot?? :)

Kid A
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Did you guys read the article? Here's the key take away:

The Broncos are one of six teams who are considered alive in the pursuit of Manning. The others are Miami, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee and — surprise! — the Houston Texans.

49ers might be just bargaining down Alex Smith - but considering how close to the Super Bowl they were, not unthinkable they'd jump that ship and let Manning run the offense for a couple years.

Houston: how much would Kubes need to adjust the offense for Manning? Again, on the verge of the Super Bowl, in a dome, get to destroy the Luck Colts twice a year. That who I want if I'm Peyton

Ratboy
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Get the **** off this board, you piece of ****.

You provide nothing.

55CrushEm
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Stokely tossed the ball with PM:

"People who say the Broncos are crazy for not watching his balls fly, or what are they doing? those people are dead wrong," Stokley said. "I'll put whatever reputation I have on the line behind that guy right now. He looks great."

Read more: Stokley: Peyton Manning throwing like he did six years ago - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20156530/stokley-peyton-manning-throwing-like-he-did-six?source=pkg#ixzz1ovyEYRb7
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

IF this is true.....then I am 100% on board with this. My biggest fear is that we'd be investing in a guy that is NOT fully healthy.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Offer him half of colorado

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM

NFL owner version of broke and everyday person version of broke are 2 completely different things.

NFL owner broke is like, "damn, i can't afford the 250 million to revamp my stadium right now."

ordinary person broke is like, "oh my god, the county sheriffs are forcibly removing my family and i from our house."

errand
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Boy, you nuthuggers are desperately flinging feces against the wall, hoping something will stick.

Amazing how this team according to you clowns has stupid coaches....even stupider FO...broke owner...is void of any talent, and that's why Manning should look elsewhere to continue his career...but Tebow would have great success with this same suck ass team....go figure

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
I do not think PM will make any decisions before Friday at the earliest. He is in no hurry to do so.

if Peyton were some prima donna player who wanted the spotlight, i'd agree with you, but since he isn't, i bet wednesday at the latest, and more than likely 2pm tomorrow so the team he chooses know what way to go with free agency.

peacepipe
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
if Peyton were some prima donna player who wanted the spotlight, i'd agree with you, but since he isn't, i bet wednesday at the latest, and more than likely 2pm tomorrow so the team he chooses know what way to go with free agency. especially since wisenhunt needs to know by thursday due to a bonus due to kolb if he is still on the roster.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Boy, you nuthuggers are desperately flinging feces against the wall, hoping something will stick.

Amazing how this team according to you clowns has stupid coaches....even stupider FO...broke owner...is void of any talent, and that's why Manning should look elsewhere to continue his career...but Tebow would have great success with this same suck ass team....go figure

That was my point all along.. how is Manning going to function if the cupboards are bare? To be a successful pocket QB you need all the elements..

If Bowlen has the money then why didn't Tebow get jack to work with last season? Break the bank on him and see how he does.. he could have gotten past the Pats if he had some receivers and better runners.. better line..

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 02:58 PM
That was my point all along.. how is Manning going to function if the cupboards are bare? To be a successful pocket QB you need all the elements..

If Bowlen has the money then why didn't Tebow get jack to work with last season? Break the bank on him and see how he does.. he could have gotten past the Pats if he had some receivers and better runners.. better line..

You're not the brightest star in the sky.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 03:11 PM

better receivers don't mean jack if he is only allowed to throw the ball 10 times a game because he is a terrible passer.

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm affraid Condon is using the broncos for a baseline to set up negotiations elsewhere.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm affraid Condon is using the broncos for a baseline to set up negotiations elsewhere.

The Broncos will not lose out on Manning due to money issues, if that's what you're wondering. They have the best cap situation of any of the suitors, and its been reported that Bowlen will do whatever it takes from a monetary standpoint.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
better receivers don't mean jack if he is only allowed to throw the ball 10 times a game because he is a terrible passer.

Terrible passers don't drop 3 bills on the Steelers in the playoffs.. especially with no receivers or runners...

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
You're not the brightest star in the sky.

How could you possibly know?

Ambiguous
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Terrible passers don't drop 3 bills on the Steelers in the playoffs.. especially with no receivers or runners...

Can you shut the **** up so this thread can stay on topic? Go suck Tebow's nuts in another thread, asshole.

Ambiguous
03-12-2012, 03:30 PM
How could you possibly know?

It's glaringly obvious. To everyone. Move along.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 03:32 PM

They do when they are playing cover zero.

I like Tim and hope he can improve, but that game is an anomoly because he'll never see that kind of D again.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
They do when they are playing cover zero.

I like Tim and hope he can improve, but that game is an anomoly because he'll never see that kind of D again.

This makes zero sense...

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
The Broncos will not lose out on [INSERT TOP FA HERE] due to money issues, if that's what you're wondering. They have the best cap situation of any of the suitors, and its been reported that Bowlen will do whatever it takes from a monetary standpoint.

I've heard this before.

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM

Kelly Holcolm or however you spell it says hi.

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 03:51 PM

They do when the Steelers are selling out to stop the run and leaving NO safety help for their corners.

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
This makes zero sense...

You are a fag.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
They do when the Steelers are selling out to stop the run and leaving NO safety help for their corners.

And just think.. they did that when Tebow had no runners.... they also did that because they knew the Broncos line stunk... The real miracle was the line holding up in that game. Tho who knows.. if the Broncos didn't have a short week and the Pats didn't have a week off...

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
You are a fag.

You're projecting..

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
And just think.. they did that when Tebow had no runners.... they also did that because they knew the Broncos line stunk... The real miracle was the line holding up in that game. Tho who knows.. if the Broncos didn't have a short week and the Pats didn't have a week off...

And maybe if Tebow could hit the broad side of a barn....

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 04:12 PM
And maybe if Tebow could hit the broad side of a barn....

He didn't even have a chance to throw against the Pats...

spdirty
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM

He was. But then he made a killing off you tebowners buying all the Tebow crap and now he's using that money to sign Peyton and other top free agents so he can ship Tebows ass out of town.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
He was. But then he made a killing off you tebowners buying all the Tebow crap and now he's using that money to sign Peyton and other top free agents so he can ship Tebows ass out of town.

If so then that is one business genius.. no wonder he was broke before Tebow....

I see where the fans and Elway get their acumen...

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
If so then that is one business genius.. no wonder he was broke before Tebow....

This is a fact:

You are an asshole.

spdirty
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Well, hiring your stupid ass retarded dip**** coach cost him a quite a bit...then the little tebowners refilled his coffers. Now its all about a Super Bowl. So by by tebowners. Thanks for the money.

RaiderH8r
03-12-2012, 04:36 PM

That's called using the run to set up the pass. It is football 101 stuff and every team would like to do it.

You act like Dick LeBeau just woke up the morning of the game and threw some dudes out there for ****s and giggles.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, hiring your stupid ass retarded dip**** coach cost him a quite a bit...then the little tebowners refilled his coffers. Now its all about a Super Bowl. So by by tebowners. Thanks for the money.

McD was a hired scapegoat brought in to purge the morons Shanny got... no one would even want to coach here if they were still here..

barryr
03-12-2012, 04:42 PM
It is rather tiring seeing so much of this "Teboner" nonsense from those that turn around and make excuses for any successes or great plays made by Tebow as just bad plays or mistakes by other teams. Like all the other QB's in the NFL make these great plays all on their own despite fantastic play by the other teams. The top QB's in the NFL apparently never threw a TD pass on bad coverage or missed coverage by the other teams. But it is the "Teboners" who are ruining these forums despite posts after posts of such nonsense. Whatever.

cutthemdown
03-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Hes been laying low, getting cap space in order. The fact they carried as much over as they could from last yr should tell you Bowlen ready to spend this yr. Just because he was frugal for 3 yrs, doesn't mean he wont spend a lot this yr. He's done it before.

Also Elway probably remembers how Broncos Superbowls were started off with some big FA moves and trades. Neil Smith, Mcheal Dean Perry, Ray Crocket, Zimmerman, Howard Griffith, Romo etc etc. Broncos history is using FA and trades to improve the team and make a run.

Get ready baby we are going to nab some big name FA. I really want Nicks from NO. We put him at guard next to Clady and it makes both our center and LT that much better. He can take any lineman in the NFL 1-1 IMO.

StugotsIII
03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
That's called using the run to set up the pass. It is football 101 stuff and every team would like to do it.

You act like Dick LeBeau just woke up the morning of the game and threw some dudes out there for ****s and giggles.

No ****.

spdirty
03-12-2012, 04:52 PM
It is rather tiring seeing so much of this "Teboner" nonsense from those that turn around and make excuses for any successes or great plays made by Tebow as just bad plays or mistakes by other teams. Like all the other QB's in the NFL make these great plays all on their own despite fantastic play by the other teams. The top QB's in the NFL apparently never threw a TD pass on bad coverage or missed coverage by the other teams. But it is the "Teboners" who are ruining these forums despite posts after posts of such nonsense. Whatever.

I'm not against Tebow, I don't hate him, I enjoyed what he did for us last year. And if we miss out on Manning, then fine. Let Tebow start next year. But anyone who would prefer to see Tebow over Manning in 2012 (yes, even a 36 year old Manning that didn't play last year) is a dumbass Tebowner. And deserves to be ridiculed as such.

gunns
03-12-2012, 04:56 PM

You'd think by OT he'd have figured it out.

barryr
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not against Tebow, I don't hate him, I enjoyed what he did for us last year. And if we miss out on Manning, then fine. Let Tebow start next year. But anyone who would prefer to see Tebow over Manning in 2012 (yes, even a 36 year old Manning that didn't play last year) is a dumbass Tebowner. And deserves to be ridiculed as such.

One can feel that way without constantly making excuses for Tebow successes because even though I feel they need to deal Tebow whether Manning signs with the team or not, it is is still possible Tebow is the QB next year. And what kind of support will he get from the "Tebow sucks, he is crap, he can't throw, he only does well when the other team makes mistakes,..etc" crowd?

Ambiguous
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Agree 100%

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Witch hunt,,, surprise surprise

canadianbroncosfan
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM

^^^^^ Exactly

LonghornBronco
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Any guess as to what the annual salary will be when he finally signs?

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM

WHen are people going to realize that what males halfwits like you so scared of counting on Tebow is the same thing that makes him impossible to stop by opposing defenses.. he is so unique. Manning is a brilliant passer.. but they forget he is just as weak an athlete as he is great a passer.. and in this era that is an uphill battle. This isn't the same era when Elway won his championships.. Manning is getting worse with age not better.

The game is more brutal now than in Elway's era believe it or not.. they may try to protect Qbs more now than before but it's for a reason. Guys get hit less but it's more devastating when they do get hit. Look at Favre's last games... There may not be a guy more capable of taking physical punishment than Tebow. He is built for this era...

barryr
03-12-2012, 05:28 PM
WHen are people going to realize that what males halfwits like you so scared of counting on Tebow is the same thing that makes him impossible to stop by opposing defenses.. he is so unique. Manning is a brilliant passer.. but they forget he is just as weak an athlete as he is great a passer.. and in this era that is an uphill battle. This isn't the same era when Elway won his championships.. Manning is getting worse with age not better.

The game is more brutal now than in Elway's era believe it or not.. they may try to protect Qbs more now than before but it's for a reason. Guys get hit less but it's more devastating when they do get hit. Look at Favre's last games... There may not be a guy more capable of taking physical punishment than Tebow. He is built for this era...

True, one of the key things if the Broncos sign Manning, or really even if they don't, is the OL and pass protection. Manning can not escape the rush that well even when younger, so as he is older and coming of neck surgeries, they really need to improve the protection. Short, quick passes can help for sure, but not if guys get beat inside on quick moves.

enjolras
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM

And yet we had Eli Manning and Tom Brady in the superbowl. Hell the conference championship games featured Alex Smith vs. Eli Manning and Tom Brady vs. Joe Flacco. Which ones of those are the great athlete you're referring to?

This is such B.S. The game remains the same. Passers who are accurate, smart, elusive, and can throw on rhythm thrive in this league. Great athletes who can't do those four things will never be successful.

A QB that can run is a bonus, but even that can be a double edged sword given the injury history those QB's have.

spdirty
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM

And Tebow will take more, much more of those devastating hits than Manning. First off when he stands in the pocket he holds the ball for 7+ seconds, other than that he's running around like a running back, while Peyton holds it for at most 5, and usually less than 3 seconds. He hardly ever takes a sack because he gets rid of the ball so quickly.

Hell Tebows already gotten hurt twice in his first 2 years. In the preseason and against NE. Whereas Manning was challenging for most consecutive games played in history. So take your "injury risk" argument and shove it. Tebow is the biggest injury risk in the league, because he plays with such reckless abandon.

enjolras
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
WHen are people going to realize that what males halfwits like you so scared of counting on Tebow is the same thing that makes him impossible to stop by opposing defenses..

While we're at it. What in Tebow's body of work gives you the idea that Tebow is "unstoppable by opposing defenses"?

He was plenty stoppable. The Jets did it. The Bears did it. The Patriots did it twice. The Chiefs sure as hell did it.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 06:19 PM
And yet we had Eli Manning and Tom Brady in the superbowl.

Both guys are young and have great olines protecting them. Brady has a genius in Beli that has protected him like a glass statue his whole career... Did you see the BEATING Eli Manning took to get to the superbowl BTW? Anyone that thinks this era is soft needs to watch that game.. it's a miracle he could still walk. Manning is behind the Broncos Oline I don't think he makes it one game let alone to the end of the season.. He better bring an Oline coach with him but would Fox have the stones to replace him? Not for Tebow apparently...

Hell the conference championship games featured Alex Smith vs. Eli Manning and Tom Brady vs. Joe Flacco. Which ones of those are the great athlete you're referring to?

All those guys are young except for Brady who again has Belli.. and and Smith is very atheltic.

This is such B.S. The game remains the same. Passers who are accurate, smart, elusive, and can throw on rhythm thrive in this league. Great athletes who can't do those four things will never be successful.

Aaron Rodgers and BigBen are very athletic. The rest the guys who win have great olines and or defenses and run games.. If the Broncos had those things they wouldn't have been the worst team in the NFL before Tebow saved them..

A QB that can run is a bonus, but even that can be a double edged sword given the injury history those QB's have.

Anyone should have seen how Tebow's running ability protected him in the pocket.. Peyton will have none of that...

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
While we're at it. What in Tebow's body of work gives you the idea that Tebow is "unstoppable by opposing defenses"?

He was plenty stoppable. The Jets did it. The Bears did it. The Patriots did it twice. The Chiefs sure as hell did it.

He was unstoppable relative to the talent he had around him. There is no way he should have been able to do what he did with no receivers and a weak run game around him... weak oline and HORRIBLE coaching. Tebow even made the defense better because of his ability to control TOP.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
He was unstoppable relative to the talent he had around him. There is no way he should have been able to do what he did with no receivers and a weak run game around him... weak oline and HORRIBLE coaching. Tebow even made the defense better because of his ability to control TOP.

I knew this bunch of excuses was coming before you posted. it. Actually, I thought you would just blame the coaching. The rest of the team is a bonus.

Weak running game? Hilarious!

Sassy
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I knew this bunch of excuses was coming before you posted. it. Actually, I thought you would just blame the coaching. The rest of the team is a bonus.

Weak running game? Hilarious!

I think McGahee would resent that....LOL

Sassy
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM

:strong:LOL;)

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 06:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

What a moron. Ha!

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
And Tebow will take more, much more of those devastating hits than Manning. First off when he stands in the pocket he holds the ball for 7+ seconds

Because he had no receivers and a weak run game. Defenses were trying to force him to stay in the pocket. They thought they could punk Tebow making him afraid to sit there. He did exactly what they didn't want him to do... waited for the defense to eventually breakdown then punish them for it. But you also have to remember Fox wouldn't even let Tebow pass the ball until he HAD to...

]other than that he's running around like a running back, while Peyton holds it for at most 5, and usually less than 3 seconds. He hardly ever takes a sack because he gets rid of the ball so quickly.

Peyton takes a TON of hits while passing the ball.. they may not go down as sacks but that punishment wears on him.. how is he going to make it through an entire season??? And NO one else can run his offense because it's so weird.. which was the whole reason he wanted to come to Denver because they are the only ones that will give him free reign...

Hell Tebows already gotten hurt twice in his first 2 years. In the preseason and against NE.

He got BRUISES... he could and DID play both times... Tebow also has a knack for knowing how far he can push his body.. I don't think it is an accident he got injured in a game where they had no chance of winning.. he was letting it all hang out in a winless situation.

Whereas Manning was challenging for most consecutive games played in history. So take your "injury risk" argument and shove it. Tebow is the biggest injury risk in the league, because he plays with such reckless abandon.

He may LOOK like it but it's the complete opposite. Tebow made it through 4 years of college in the toughest conference in college football history and never missed a game... I wonder if Peyton even did that i9n college? And he won 2 championships and a Heisman to Peyton's nada...

Peyton didn't get his first playoff win until his 4th playoff game and it was against the Broncos.. LMAO

mwill07
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
this quote should probably be pinned.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

What a moron. Ha!

The Broncos had one of the weakest running games in the NFL before Tebow took over.. YES.. weak running game..

RaiderH8r
03-12-2012, 07:09 PM
You'd think by OT he'd have figured it out.

To be fair they didn't have much time in OT to get adjusted.

Which was awesome.

Broncos4tw
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Except he has been hurt more than once already. Injured in a playoff game. He wouldn't have been able to play the following week, if we had beaten NE. I know he is your personal hero/boyfriend, but he really isn't superman. He can get hurt like any other player, and he is much more likely to be hurt because of how he plays.

You don't think defenses will try to take him out? Just look at the Saints if you want proof it's done.. for bonuses. I predicted if he continued to play the style he was, he'd have a fairly serious injury (missing several games) by his third year. There is a reason teams get huge guys to protect their QB.

He can't keep up that pace. If he tries to play his entire career like that, it will be a very short one.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Except he has been hurt more than once already. Injured in a playoff game. He wouldn't have been able to play the following week, if we had beaten NE.

He was injured in the pocket.. LOL

We are talking about one of the most durable QBs in history here... which is why I have thought the idea of Peyton playing behind this line was the most monumentally stupid thing I had ever heard.. And Tebow doesn't throw the ball away or checkdown and settle for losing. That is likely why Tebow dominated college and Peyton didn't and why Tebow won his first playoff game and it took Peyton 4 tries... Tebow also got beat by a team that had his old coach playing on it. And no receivers or runners... Peyton would have never made it that far...

I know he is your personal hero/boyfriend, but he really isn't superman. He can get hurt like any other player, and he is much more likely to be hurt because of how he plays.

With heart yes.. and why he wins... no balls no babies...

You don't think defenses will try to take him out? Just look at the Saints if you want proof it's done.. for bonuses.

Are you talking about Peyton's neck here?

I predicted if he continued to play the style he was, he'd have a fairly serious injury (missing several games) by his third year. There is a reason teams get huge guys to protect their QB.

Tebow's running is what protected him all season.. in case you didn't know Peyton missed all of last year.. lol Didn't his backup get injured too? You act like Tebow is the only guy to get inujured.. everyone is getting injured these days.. even Brady who has a genius protecting him like a glass statue.. He has gotten mauled in the playoffs the past 2 years too.

He can't keep up that pace. If he tries to play his entire career like that, it will be a very short one.

Maybe so.. but I feel very confident Tebow will have more championships than Peyton when it's all said and done.. look at BigBen.. same thing. He is banged up but wins. And he is scrambling all over the place..

spdirty
03-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Because he had no receivers and a weak run game. Defenses were trying to force him to stay in the pocket. They thought they could punk Tebow making him afraid to sit there. He did exactly what they didn't want him to do... waited for the defense to eventually breakdown then punish them for it. But you also have to remember Fox wouldn't even let Tebow pass the ball until he HAD to...

Peyton takes a TON of hits while passing the ball.. they may not go down as sacks but that punishment wears on him.. how is he going to make it through an entire season??? And NO one else can run his offense because it's so weird.. which was the whole reason he wanted to come to Denver because they are the only ones that will give him free reign...

He got BRUISES... he could and DID play both times... Tebow also has a knack for knowing how far he can push his body.. I don't think it is an accident he got injured in a game where they had no chance of winning.. he was letting it all hang out in a winless situation.

He may LOOK like it but it's the complete opposite. Tebow made it through 4 years of college in the toughest conference in college football history and never missed a game... I wonder if Peyton even did that i9n college? And he won 2 championships and a Heisman to Peyton's nada...

Peyton didn't get his first playoff win until his 4th playoff game and it was against the Broncos.. LMAO

You need to go follow another sport. Maybe women's soccer. Or that jousting show on the history channel. NFL football is not your strong suit.

spdirty
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
He was injured in the pocket.. LOL

We are talking about one of the most durable QBs in history here... which is why I have thought the idea of Peyton playing behind this line was the most monumentally stupid thing I had ever heard.. And Tebow doesn't throw the ball away or checkdown and settle for losing. That is likely why Tebow dominated college and Peyton didn't and why Tebow won his first playoff game and it took Peyton 4 tries... Tebow also got beat by a team that had his old coach playing on it. And no receivers or runners... Peyton would have never made it that far...

With heart yes.. and why he wins... no balls no babies...

Are you talking about Peyton's neck here?

Tebow's running is what protected him all season.. in case you didn't know Peyton missed all of last year.. lol Didn't his backup get injured too? You act like Tebow is the only guy to get inujured.. everyone is getting injured these days.. even Brady who has a genius protecting him like a glass statue.. He has gotten mauled in the playoffs the past 2 years too.

Maybe so.. but I feel very confident Tebow will have more championships than Peyton when it's all said and done.. look at BigBen.. same thing. He is banged up but wins. And he is scrambling all over the place..
http://clarkbunch.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/life-is-hard.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Peyton gets the ball out faster than MacGruder can say Tebone me.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 08:26 PM
http://clarkbunch.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/life-is-hard.jpg

Yes... like putting an injured old guy behind a line that couldn't protect a young incredibly durable atheltic one..

Beyond dumb...

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Peyton gets the ball out faster than MacGruder can say Tebone me.

Yeah.. it obviously protected his neck well and won him fewer championships than BigBen... who holds the ball constantly BTW...

Hamrob
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
The Broncos had one of the weakest running games in the NFL before Tebow took over.. YES.. weak running game..To be fair, that had less to do with the RB's and Oline, then it did Kyle Orton.

Orton couldn't hit enough passes to keep the defense honest, so they crowded the line.

Tebow definitely made the Running Game great, but, so would Manning. For different reasons.

Hamrob
03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm a huge Tebow fan. But, he simply hadn't shown enough in the passing game to pass on the chance to sign Manning.

You can't fault Elway for trying to sign one of the best QB's ever.

However, I do wish...that the Broncos would say something encouraging about Tebow in the process. Something, like...this has no bearing on how we feel about Tim's abilities. We have a lot of confidence in Tim....etc., etc., etc.

That is the right thing for them to do...and they haven't done it. It's also the smart thing to do...so, that other teams don't start wondering why they want to get rid of him.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
To be fair, that had less to do with the RB's and Oline, then it did Kyle Orton.

Orton couldn't hit enough passes to keep the defense honest, so they crowded the line.

Tebow definitely made the Running Game great, but, so would Manning. For different reasons.

Doesn't make sense.. Tebow lost LLoyd.. had no real receivers and the run game became the best in the NFL over night..

Tebow CAN take hits like Orton and Manning couldn't though which DID open the run game with his passing.. That disappears without him though...

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm a huge Tebow fan. But, he simply hadn't shown enough in the passing game to pass on the chance to sign Manning.

They sabotaged him though.. they didn't want Tebow to be viewed as a success because they never wanted to build around him. Of course he looked like a poor passer.. you forget too that Tebow is trying to change EVERYTHING about his passing game.. and has his coaches doing everything to hinder him.

Do you realize how incredible it is he was as successful as he was under those conditions? they did everything to help Orton and he was awful...

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 09:19 PM
They sabotaged him though.. they didn't want Tebow to be viewed as a success because they never wanted to build around him. Of course he looked like a poor passer.. you forget too that Tebow is trying to change EVERYTHING about his passing game.. and has his coaches doing everything to hinder him.

Do you realize how incredible it is he was as successful as he was under those conditions? they did everything to help Orton and he was awful...

http://borderlinegood.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/gary-busey-thumbs-up.jpg?w=479

lonestar
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Did you guys read the article? Here's the key take away:

49ers might be just bargaining down Alex Smith - but considering how close to the Super Bowl they were, not unthinkable they'd jump that ship and let Manning run the offense for a couple years.

Houston: how much would Kubes need to adjust the offense for Manning? Again, on the verge of the Super Bowl, in a dome, get to destroy the Luck Colts twice a year. That who I want if I'm Peyton

the colts are in TOTAL meltdown rebuild at this point not sure if Superman, Batman, Robin and Wonderwoman could make that a winning team over the time Manning still has on the league..

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 09:33 PM
http://borderlinegood.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/gary-busey-thumbs-up.jpg?w=479

That's Evil Elway.... that is what Elway looks like inside...

barryr
the colts are in TOTAL meltdown rebuild at this point not sure if Superman, Batman, Robin and Wonderwoman could make that a winning team over the time Manning still has on the league..

They also have Johnson at WR and Owens, a good receiving TE and Foster at RB. Not to mention a good defense. And good weather most of the time. If I'm Manning, Houston would be my top choice if they were interested.

lonestar

Do you realize how stupid your posts are..

DO you have tinfoild hats and sleep in a lead lined room?

Or for that matter rubber room?

I suspect this is all an act as no one is a dumb as your posts are, unless your some young thing(male or female) in love with tebow and hoping he will take your virginity..

lonestar
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
They also have Johnson at WR and Owens, a good receiving TE and Foster at RB. Not to mention a good defense. And good weather most of the time. If I'm Manning, Houston would be my top choice if they were interested.

I would think that also.. BUT Then can they afford him? Someone has to go if they do..

Not that he is going to want to run the ball all that much..

He has a few years yet to break EVERY passing record, something that NO ONE will ever catch that is his leagacy. IMO

barryr
03-12-2012, 09:38 PM
I would think that also.. BUT Then can they afford him? Someone has to go if they do..

Not that he is going to want to run the ball all that much..

He has a few years yet to break EVERY passing record, something that NO ONE will ever catch that is his leagacy. IMO

They could afford to let Williams go since I don't think he is a good fit on a 3-4 defense, at least not at OLB and their defense did well without him. I don't know their cap situation, but money supposedly isn't the biggest issue for Manning and I think Houston would be pretty enticing to him. Shaub would get dealt rather eaily I think, maybe Seattle or whoever.

lonestar
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM

You can't fault Elway for trying to sign one of the best QB's ever.

However, I do wish...that the Broncos would say something encouraging about Tebow in the process. Something, like...this has no bearing on how we feel about Tim's abilities. We have a lot of confidence in Tim....etc., etc., etc.

That is the right thing for them to do...and they haven't done it. It's also the smart thing to do...so, that other teams don't start wondering why they want to get rid of him.

I'm guessing that they have said it to him or his agent..

most likely him, as the agent is the same for both of them.

Tebow remains a classy kid with no comments that I have heard so far.

Let just hope this is done with soon so all the kiddies can get their jockey short cleaned..

lonestar
03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
They could afford to let Williams go since I don't think he is a good fit on a 3-4 defense, at least not at OLB and their defense did well without him. I don't know their cap situation, but money supposedly isn't the biggest issue for Manning and I think Houston would be pretty enticing to him. Shaub would get dealt rather eaily I think, maybe Seattle or whoever.

Williams is gone and he is not on teh books for any money this year anyway..

SO that does not help..

and anyone thinking MAnning will not get $18mil plus is dumber that hogans goat..

It may not be his highest priority but do not be fooled into thinking he is going to play for 5-8 mil a year..

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I suspect this is all an act as no one is a dumb as your posts are, unless your some young thing(male or female) in love with tebow and hoping he will take your virginity..

Do you realize how dumb you are not to see it? I saw it when Elway hired Fox.. he's the worst offensive coach in the NFL.. Gaffney was Tebow's biggest supporter on the team and he didn't even make it to the start of the season. A reporter who is one of Elway's buddies said Tebow was 4th string.. do you need a brick wall to fall on your head?

lonestar
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Do you realize how dumb you are not to see it? I saw it when Elway hired Fox.. he's the worst offensive coach in the NFL.. Gaffney was Tebow's biggest supporter on the team and he didn't even make it to the start of the season. A reporter who is one of Elway's buddies said Tebow was 4th string.. do you need a brick wall to fall on your head?

I repeat..

Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 10:05 PM

All They needed to do to sabotage Tebow was to call passing plays every single down. I'm not talking complex routes. I'm talking basic pop Warner shyt. Simple plays a normal functioning QB runs. Then he would fail. Much like you do all over these boards.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
All They needed to do to sabotage Tebow was to call passing plays every single down. I'm not talking complex routes. I'm talking basic pop Warner shyt. Simple plays a normal functioning QB runs. Then he would fail. Much like you do all over these boards.

Yeah because he had a totally backwards offense that even made Orton look like garbage and he put up Marino numbers under McD...

Fox had the worst offense no matter who played including Quinn.. while every other team in the NFL was putting up record numbers...

cutthemdown
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Tebow stinks throwing the football. What about that don't people get? Elway wants a QB that can throw throw the football well and I don't blame him. Tebow is fun to watch but lets face it the kid stinks throwing the ball.

snowspot66
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Tebow stinks throwing the football. What about that don't people get? Elway wants a QB that can throw throw the football well and I don't blame him. Tebow is fun to watch but lets face it the kid stinks throwing the ball.

He hit 67% in college. I'm pretty sure he can throw it just fine. There's a lot of factors that go into his completion rate this past year.

bronco610
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah because he had a totally backwards offense that even made Orton look like garbage and he put up Marino numbers under McD...

Fox had the worst offense no matter who played including Quinn.. while every other team in the NFL was putting up record numbers...

I just have one question, if tebow leaves do you?

bronco610
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
He hit 67% in college. I'm pretty sure he can throw it just fine. There's a lot of factors that go into his completion rate this past year.

Yeah, the reason is this is the NFL.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM

looks can be incredibly deceiving

errand
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM

No they **** the bed against the Bills, Chiefs and Patriots....

errand
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I just have one question, if tebow leaves do you?

One can hope....

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
No they **** the bed against the Bills, Chiefs and Patriots....

all fox qbs do that unless they can coach theirself like manning.... and with manning he will be ok passing but the d and run game will tank

snowspot66
03-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah, the reason is this is the NFL.

Based on percentages if our drops were league average and our passes attempted and at what range they were attempted were league average Tebow likely would have had a 55% completion rate give or take a point. Right where you expect a young inconsistent QB in his first year starting.

errand
03-13-2012, 12:09 AM
all fox qbs do that unless they can coach theirself like manning.... and with manning he will be ok passing but the d and run game will tank

Well according to your cronies, a 10 yard run was just as good as a 10 yard pass.....so why are they not equally as good now?

And you don't think pressuring the opposing team by scoring more points (most obvious improvement of signing Manning) would seriously help our defense even without significant upgrades that we would obviously pursue?

Add in that you just said Manning could "coach himself", then I'm guessing having Fox as his head coach wouldn't be the big obstacle that it obviously is for Tebow.

MacGruder
03-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Well according to your cronies, a 10 yard run was just as good as a 10 yard pass.....so why are they not equally as good now?

I never said that.. running wins championships.. which is why I said pure passing QBs are overrated. You have to have a great team around them. With a guy like Tebow he can actually carry lesser teams to championships. This is why I say manning can't get as much out of the team as Tebow can.

And you don't think pressuring the opposing team by scoring more points (most obvious improvement of signing Manning) would seriously help our defense even without significant upgrades that we would obviously pursue?

Manning is going to get killed behind the line like Tebow is when Fox doesn't let him run.. and makes him play such a predictable style. Manning is going to struggle to score without a run game too. You can say well why can't they get those pieces.. why couldn't the Colts? It's not easy... The offense really needs to mature.. which is why it would be a perfect time to develop Tebow..

Add in that you just said Manning could "coach himself", then I'm guessing having Fox as his head coach wouldn't be the big obstacle that it obviously is for Tebow.

I said that the fans are screwed either way.. whether Manning goes there or not because of Fox.. there is no way they win a championship. The fans could fix this though if they told Elway where to stick it and bring someone in that can actually coach Tebow...

alkemical
03-13-2012, 05:31 AM
I wish people would quit quoting people on my ignore list.

#firstworldproblems

Steve Sewell
03-13-2012, 05:47 AM
I feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I read even a sentence of a MacGruders post.

BroncoMan4ever
03-13-2012, 06:14 AM
anyone else but me thinking Peyton makes his decision by 2pm today?

in the case of all teams involved in pursuit of him, their free agency plans are hindered by his pending decision. Cards need to know if they need to release Kolb and save his bonus money. Titans need to know whether or not they can go after Mario Williams, the Dolphins need to know if they need to move to option B at QB and go for Flynn. Denver needs to know if they need to set up a Tebow team, meaning a ****load of defensive players and a couple RBs. the longer his decision drags on, the less likely the team he chooses can make good moves for the better tier of free agents

TonyR
03-13-2012, 06:20 AM
...in the case of all teams involved in pursuit of him, their free agency plans are hindered by his pending decision.

Yup. Manning needs to sh*t or get off the pot. I'm not sure I understand what it is he's waiting for. You'd think he'd be more decisive and want to make this decision and move forward with his career and life. A bit aggravating to say the least.

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2012, 06:28 AM

I'm not sure how you can watch the direction the NFL has taken the last few years with regard to the passing game and come to this conclusion. No passing record is untouchable anymore.

TonyR
03-13-2012, 06:28 AM
If this below is true, don't hold your breath expecting a decision today...

...Titans coach Mike Munchak and several offensive assistants will meet with Peyton in Indianapolis on Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-titans-target-hutchinson-as-peyton-bait/

Part of me wants Elway to cut bait and move on...

BMarsh615
03-13-2012, 06:30 AM

...Titans coach Mike Munchak and several offensive assistants will meet with Peyton in Indianapolis on Tuesday or Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-titans-target-hutchinson-as-peyton-bait/

It seemed like two or three hours after it was reported that Peyton would be visiting with the Dolphins that Mort said that Peyton just finished a 6 hour meeting with Philbin.

Drek
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM

in the case of all teams involved in pursuit of him, their free agency plans are hindered by his pending decision. Cards need to know if they need to release Kolb and save his bonus money. Titans need to know whether or not they can go after Mario Williams, the Dolphins need to know if they need to move to option B at QB and go for Flynn. Denver needs to know if they need to set up a Tebow team, meaning a ****load of defensive players and a couple RBs. the longer his decision drags on, the less likely the team he chooses can make good moves for the better tier of free agents

We need to add an RB or two regardless.

We need to add an MLB, #2 CB, DT, S, etc. regardless.

We have the money to operate independently in those ways with no feedback from Manning.

No outside skill position types (WR or TE) are signing here to play with Tebow until he shows he can get them the ball more consistently.

So of all the teams Denver is the one that can most wait him out. Assuming the FO can work on more than one thing at once.

fontaine
03-13-2012, 06:41 AM

I completely agree and it's why I don't want at any cost Tebow being traded.

Tebow would be completely valueable as the decoy motioning from QB to lining up at FB/RB/HB and in the line of fire as Maning drops back to pass.

After all Tebow spent most of his college career and last year pretending to be a QB, why stop now?

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Mort said that Peyton just finished a 6 hour meeting with Philbin.

He used up his phone a friend on Mort?

fontaine
03-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Both guys are young and have great olines protecting them. Brady has a genius in Beli that has protected him like a glass statue his whole career... Did you see the BEATING Eli Manning took to get to the superbowl BTW? Anyone that thinks this era is soft needs to watch that game.. it's a miracle he could still walk. Manning is behind the Broncos Oline I don't think he makes it one game let alone to the end of the season.. He better bring an Oline coach with him but would Fox have the stones to replace him? Not for Tebow apparently...

All those guys are young except for Brady who again has Belli.. and and Smith is very atheltic.

Aaron Rodgers and BigBen are very athletic. The rest the guys who win have great olines and or defenses and run games.. If the Broncos had those things they wouldn't have been the worst team in the NFL before Tebow saved them..

Anyone should have seen how Tebow's running ability protected him in the pocket.. Peyton will have none of that...

So by your count guys like BigBen, Rogers, Smith are all athletic and can play in this era.

Which means Tebow isn't that unique because of his athleticism.

Which means you really don't understand what you post when you keep saying timmy is unique because of his athleticism.

It does make you pretty "unique" and special though. Uniquely stupid and especially retarded.

BroncoMan4ever
03-13-2012, 07:09 AM
We need to add an RB or two regardless.

We need to add an MLB, #2 CB, DT, S, etc. regardless.

We have the money to operate independently in those ways with no feedback from Manning.

No outside skill position types (WR or TE) are signing here to play with Tebow until he shows he can get them the ball more consistently.

So of all the teams Denver is the one that can most wait him out. Assuming the FO can work on more than one thing at once.

yes, we need to add RB, MLB, CB, DT and S

however as long as the possibility of getting Manning is alive, then the team is more than likely in a position where as much as 75% of their available cap room is being held back for Peyton and the guys he wants. so instead of going after Michael Bush or Tolbert who are going to command good money we are stuck going after someone like Jason Snelling or Kevin Faulk.

instead of going after Brandon Carr or Cortland Finnegan we are stuck going after William Gay or Foxworth

instead of a guy like Curtis Lofton or Dan Connor in the MLB position we are stuck going for Barrett Ruud

the difference in the quality of player changes as long as we are holding back money for Peyton and friends. if he signs in Denver the team can know how much money they still have available and go from there.

i just worry that the team panics and instead of making the team better, they just sign a lot of bargain priced guys saving most of the cap room hoping Manning signs with them

oubronco
03-13-2012, 07:11 AM
So by your count guys like BigBen, Rogers, Smith are all athletic and can play in this era.

Which means you really don't understand what you post when you keep saying timmy is unique because of his athleticism.

It does make you pretty "unique" and special though. Uniquely stupid and especially retarded.

Hilarious!

TonyR
03-13-2012, 07:27 AM
...however as long as the possibility of getting Manning is alive...

^ Agree. The plans and the budget are definitely impacted by Manning. Not an ideal situation. I hope they've expressed to Manning that they don't want to pressure him but at the same time there's a point where they'll have to move forward without him.

errand
03-13-2012, 07:29 AM

or maybe manning is waiting to see who will actually do what they said they were going to do in free agency before he signs with them....

BoiseBluTurf
03-13-2012, 08:00 AM

Strongly Disagree (Respectfully)... Let him take his time... The Broncos can aford to wait more than the other suiters... Namley Az... they need a decision by Saturday! Broncos don't really need one until Manning is ready... they have plenty of room under cap to persue other needs in mean time. If Manning is a once in a lifetime free agent... do what ever it takes to make him feel at ease both with the Broncos and the decision.

That is all,

Michael

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 08:27 AM

however as long as the possibility of getting Manning is alive, then the team is more than likely in a position where as much as 75% of their available cap room is being held back for Peyton and the guys he wants. so instead of going after Michael Bush or Tolbert who are going to command good money we are stuck going after someone like Jason Snelling or Kevin Faulk.

instead of going after Brandon Carr or Cortland Finnegan we are stuck going after William Gay or Foxworth

instead of a guy like Curtis Lofton or Dan Connor in the MLB position we are stuck going for Barrett Ruud

the difference in the quality of player changes as long as we are holding back money for Peyton and friends. if he signs in Denver the team can know how much money they still have available and go from there.

i just worry that the team panics and instead of making the team better, they just sign a lot of bargain priced guys saving most of the cap room hoping Manning signs with them

Now imagine all that and Manning going elsewhere. If the FO has any brains, they'll stop this **** before it starts.

BroncoBeavis
03-13-2012, 08:32 AM

Tebow is built like Big Ben but is as fast as Alex Smith. You won't see Alex Smith trucking any DB's. Tebow is a far more gifted carrier than any of them.

TonyR
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Strongly Disagree (Respectfully)... Let him take his time...

I hear ya, fair take. My concern is how Manning impacts their overall plans and budget. Maybe you're right and it doesn't, but you'd think a contract of Manning's size would have at least some ripple effects.

barryr
03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I thought Manning's most pressing need was a team that had a shot at winning a title soon. If he is going to insist on huge money and eat up cap money, then this is the guy you want? How much is enough? If Manning stopped playing today, he has enough money right now to live a comfortable life to say the least. If he consumes a ton of cap, limiting what other moves that can be made, then to me, that isn't a guy more worried about winning. That is why if Manning truly wants to go to a team with a shot, he will be willing to structure a contract that makes it easier to add pieces needed to help get a team to a Super Bowl. If Manning just wants his money, well, good luck to the Broncos because they are not just a QB away from contending.

BoiseBluTurf
03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
I hear ya, fair take. My concern is how Manning impacts their overall plans and budget. Maybe you're right and it doesn't, but you'd think a contract of Manning's size would have at least some ripple effects.

Hear ya... but... if the Broncos are in prelimary talks with Condon like other teams... there has to be a general ground work there... ya know... a basic idea of what they are looking for... while those numbers are not written in stone... it should be enough for the Broncos to work with in the FA market.

That is all,

Michael

fontaine
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM

however as long as the possibility of getting Manning is alive, then the team is more than likely in a position where as much as 75% of their available cap room is being held back for Peyton and the guys he wants.

You think two/three year deals for Manning and aging players like Wayne, Clark is going to cost us over $33million in a cap hit THIS year?

Wow, no wonder you don't know what you're talking about.

:giggle:

BroncoBen
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Did anyone find it funny that the Owner of the Titans .. Bud Adams said that if Peyton Manning wanted a job with the organization after he was done with football he could have a job with the organization for life.

No mention of any ownership.. but a job.

Maybe the job is selling hotdogs or beer at the Titans homegames.. be careful Peyton.

lonestar
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure how you can watch the direction the NFL has taken the last few years with regard to the passing game and come to this conclusion. No passing record is untouchable anymore.

Yep I watch it a lot and manning has most/alot of them now and just needs a couple of years to put them out of reach.

Easy to come to that conclusion.

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Yep I watch it a lot and manning has most/alot of them now and just needs a couple of years to put them out of reach.

Easy to come to that conclusion.

Insanity.

signed

Dan Marino

lonestar
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM

This team has stated repeatedly that they are not going go for the gusto on top of the food chain FA they will look for value for their bucks.

The are not going to pay top dollar for players.

Now I know that going for manning flies in the face of that. But they are not going sign a bunch of divas. To improve just a bit more than solid players. IMO.

lonestar
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Insanity.

signed

Dan Marino

Do you think that manning ego is not that big?

He wants them all and will put them out of reach. IF he signs with a team that has the horses to help him.

Spider
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM

He wants them all and will put them out of reach. IF he signs with a team that has the horses to help him.

ego ? naw that has been fed over and over , this is about getting another trophy ... cant let lil brother out do him

Drek
03-13-2012, 12:14 PM

1. We weren't aiing for the elite of the elite in FA defensive help. We've got enough young internal options that it makes sense to add competitive depth but no need to commit to long term big money additions.

2. I wouldn't consider Dan Connor a high priced addition. In fact, someone on here tried to tell me he was no better than Joe Mays not too long ago. He's got big upside but will likely take the best chance at a starting gig he can find. We're immediately ahead in the game there since we have the HC who drafted him running a system that he would acquit himself well in.

3. I doubt Bush or Tolbert actually really break the bank in FA either. They'll get solid starter money, not top end money. We have $50M in cap space this off-season. We can afford solid starter money at multiple positions to go along with Manning.

4. The CB market is going to be an interesting market. Good chance all of the worthwhile guys sign for way too much, but then the larger than normal pool of "solid #2, definitely not a #1" types might discourage overpays and make for some reasonable deals. Manning is irrelevant in this because we aren't giving a Finnegan or Carr $8M to play opposite Champ regardless.

How much will Manning realistically count against our cap? $15M? $20M? That seems like the high end. We'd still have $30M in free space. Prater and Colquitt combine for only $4M. Bunkley won't be here if he wants more than $4M himself. Those are in the only in house guys we really seem to care about bringing back. That leaves us with $22M and 5 picks in the top 150 to address our needs.

this is imminently feasible. As long as the team views the rolled over ~$25M as the "Peyton Manning fund" to pursue Manning, Wayne, Clark, etc. and treat our other ~$25M of original cap room as the "fix the defense and get an RB, maybe OL help fund" we're doing fine.

If Manning does drag this out past the opening of FA what better way to woo him here than to make decisive value signings on defense, showing him that this won't be an Indy Colts situation where he needs to score 30 every week to win?

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

There's no such thing as an "out of reach" record, especially a passing record, in today's NFL. Manning hasn't put up the best numbers in the league in years. Someone with 3/4 of the talent of Manning could easily top his numbers in today's NFL with some longevity.

This isn't even really debatable IMO.

Steve Sewell
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I thought Manning's most pressing need was a team that had a shot at winning a title soon. If he is going to insist on huge money and eat up cap money, then this is the guy you want? How much is enough? If Manning stopped playing today, he has enough money right now to live a comfortable life to say the least. If he consumes a ton of cap, limiting what other moves that can be made, then to me, that isn't a guy more worried about winning. That is why if Manning truly wants to go to a team with a shot, he will be willing to structure a contract that makes it easier to add pieces needed to help get a team to a Super Bowl. If Manning just wants his money, well, good luck to the Broncos because they are not just a QB away from contending.

Have you even been following this story? Of all the teams pursuing Manning, the Broncos, by a long way, have the most cap space to sign additional pieces to the puzzle. They are not as far away from a SB contender as people think. Manning, combined with some solid pick ups in FA and the draft, will make this an 11+ win team in very short order.

But of course you just have your head in the sand, so I don't expect you to read or understand any of this.

broncogary
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Did anyone find it funny that the Owner of the Titans .. Bud Adams said that if Peyton Manning wanted a job with the organization after he was done with football he could have a job with the organization for life.

No mention of any ownership.. but a job.

Maybe the job is selling hotdogs or beer at the Titans homegames.. be careful Peyton.

Butt Adams meant his life. ^5

lonestar
03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
There's no such thing as an "out of reach" record, especially a passing record, in today's NFL. Manning hasn't put up the best numbers in the league in years. Someone with 3/4 of the talent of Manning could easily top his numbers in today's NFL with some longevity.

This isn't even really debatable IMO.

Time will prove who is correct on this one..

ScottXray
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Meanwhile , As Peyton mulls his options, Elway and Co are sitting on the sidelines and watching all the premier FA sign with other clubs. Okay sure we can wait for Peyton, because most of these contracts are outrageous.

But if we don't get one or two of the better FA to come to Denver, Manning will be fodder for Defensive linemen to chew on, when ( and IF) he does decide to come here.

Waiting for Godot was an incredibly boring play.

Waiting for Peyton is an incredibly frustrating period...and might result in a big joke on Elway and Bowlen when its all over.

If Manning goes to the Titans it will be a very interesting time watching everyone try to "splain" away the missed opportunities.

Time to **** or get off the pot PM. Elway and the FO had better be on the phones trying to arrange SOME visits, cause KC is making moves to take the divison title next year. Why are we letting all the best FAs go to other teams, including division rivals, without any news.

It sure would be nice to hear SOMETHING out of Denver!

barryr
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Have you even been following this story? Of all the teams pursuing Manning, the Broncos, by a long way, have the most cap space to sign additional pieces to the puzzle. They are not as far away from a SB contender as people think. Manning, combined with some solid pick ups in FA and the draft, will make this an 11+ win team in very short order.

But of course you just have your head in the sand, so I don't expect you to read or understand any of this.

They are not far from the Super Bowl? They started 1-4, coming off a 4-12c season and have holes at RB, WR, TE, OL, DT, LB, CB, and probably safety. Yeah, that is a Super Bowl roster. Talk about not understanding much. Go back to playing Madden football, where any team on PS can win a Super Bowl.