PDA

View Full Version : Manning prepping for trip to Titans (Update: Texans too + Talking to Dolphins)

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-rumors-3-12-12

https://twitter.com/#!/michaelombardi/status/179267172835655681 (https://twitter.com/#%21/michaelombardi/status/179267172835655681)

NFL sources tell me that the Titans are preparing for a Peyton Manning visit in the next day or two...

****ING **** YOU BUD ADAMS

Manning's wife is from there (huge pull), he went to college there (duh) and Adams is probably offering part ownership in the team. He's 89 and has nothing to lose by doing that. Also, the Titans have the cap room to do this.

Old Dude
03-12-2012, 11:17 AM
He'd also get to beat up on the Colts twice a year.

Stagger Lee
03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
This one worries me.

rugbythug
That's tough, I was confident until now.

SonOfLe-loLang
This one kills me.

TheDave
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Not going to worry until schefter or mortreport it.... Considering they have the same agent as manning I'm guessing they will know about visits before anyone else.

vancejohnson82
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
uggghhhh......makes so much sense

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't see anything we can do to top the Titans now. Part ownership in a team where he played college. His wife is no doubt urging him to take the trip. This is theirs to lose.

****!

iforgotmypassword
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Enough of the part ownership mumble jumble. C'mon guys......

ScottXray
03-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Well, you can probably chalk it up!

Adams will spend whatever it takes, and they have about the same cap room. Talent wise they are at least as good and we are and up and coming, plus he gets to beat up Indy and the rest of the same division he has always been in.

Only problem is Houston and they are up against the cap and having trouble retaining what they have. Plus the Qb injury problems there.

No dome but Adams will probably promise to put a tarp up for this season and get a new one. Other intangibles , wife and college , fans there .

Tenn is now probably front runner. We and AZ probably got played and have driven the price up. Paymeaton has what he wants, and gets whatever he wants.

If Denver still wants to do it they better get Saturday and Clark in on Tuesday and offer them big money to come here before Peyton makes up his mind.

More risk for Elway and co..

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Enough of the part ownership mumble jumble. C'mon guys......

Put yourself in Adams' shoes. You're a deranged 89 year old. You've never won a Super Bowl. Realistically you don't have much longer to live. You have an opportunity for one of the best QB's in NFL history to play for your team. You want to win a Super Bowl before you die...yeah I'll give him a 10% or > ownership in my team.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
So what happened to the "no more visits" report? This is getting annoying...

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
So what happened to the "no more visits" report? This is getting annoying...

The Titans happened.

rugbythug
03-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Saturday retired

BroncoBeavis
Countdown until Bowlen offers Peyton part ownership then asks Peyton for a loan to help pay for all these crazy new contracts.

TonyR
Titans cap space $28.1 million under.

Not nearly as good as Denver's, but plenty...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-11/

TonyR
03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
The Titans happened.

They were reported interested before the "no more visits" report though.

bronco militia
Countdown until Bowlen offers Peyton offers part ownership then asks Peyton for a loan to help pay for all these crazy new contracts.

LOL

al davis is dead...it's worth a shot again

Heyneck
I don't see anything we can do to top the Titans now. Part ownership in a team where he played college. His wife is no doubt urging him to take the trip. This is theirs to lose.

****!

What about money? I think we can still top them there. What they do have is a really good and solid OL.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Put yourself in Adams' shoes. You're a deranged 89 year old. You've never won a Super Bowl. Realistically you don't have much longer to live. You have an opportunity for one of the best QB's in NFL history to play for your team. You want to win a Super Bowl before you die...yeah I'll give him a 10% or > ownership in my team.

I don't see how the league could allow that, given the potential cap ramifications. Think about it. 10% of a team that's worth $1 billion (Titans current estimated value) is $100 mil. That's essentially the whole cap right there.

Goobzilla
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tvmwY8LHo1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
What about money? I think we can still top them there. What they do have is a really good and solid OL.

He doesn't care about money. He's worth over $100 million. He'll get paid what he's worth and not a crazy amount over it. To ask for $20 mill a year etc would just hurt the team more than help it and he knows it. They have a ton of cap room too and could easily afford Manning and Wayne, etc.

Houshyamama
03-12-2012, 11:37 AM
This is not good news at all. I wasn't worried about the Cards, but the Titans make a lot of sense.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't see how the league could allow that, given the potential cap ramifications. Think about it. 10% of a team that's worth $1 billion (Titans current estimated value) is $100 mil. That's essentially the whole cap right there.

He simply wouldn't get his stake in the team until he retired.

bendog
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I'd go to Tenn if I were him. The OC is even Eli's old position coach. Ashley Manning is from Tenn.

But I don't see a stake in the team thing. He'd get to punk Indy twice a year.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Hard to see how they stop it if it's a backroom handshake deal that isn't activated until Peyton retires.

Lestat
03-12-2012, 11:40 AM
even with the pull of going back to his college stomping grounds i still think the Broncos provide the most stable and productive route to his goal of a championship as a AFC team.
we play in the weaker division that's there for the taking, we're the best potential team in the division & while we don't have Chris Johnson we have a better WR corp without a top guy coming off of injury.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Not seeing this reported anywhere else yet...

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
even with the pull of going back to his college stomping grounds i still think the Broncos provide the most stable and productive route to his goal of a championship as a AFC team.
we play in the weaker division that's there for the taking, we're the best potential team in the division & while we don't have Chris Johnson we have a better WR corp without a top guy coming off of injury.

Never underestimate the power of a wife.

"Honey, I wana go home and raise our children there! Their grandparents deserve to see them grow up too. I miss home!"

Lestat
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
trust me i don't, i'm a Yankee fan and remember how the Yanks fans treating Cliff Lee's wife badly stuck with her and helped shape the decision to steer clear of the team even when they offered a ton of money.
Never underestimate the power of a wife.

Ratboy
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/578/1234931504682.jpg

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
He doesn't care about money. He's worth over $100 million. He'll get paid what he's worth and not a crazy amount over it. To ask for $20 mill a year etc would just hurt the team more than help it and he knows it. They have a ton of cap room too and could easily afford Manning and Wayne, etc.

I bet you that wherever he goes he id going to get paid that much. (includes incentives). As long as he hits the benchmarks, he will get paid 20+ mill per year. I know he loves football and wants to win another superbowl. That's the way he has been wired forever. But he does have a big ego, and he ain't dumb enough to risk his health unless he is getting handsomely paid.

I would believe you...but he could have taken less money with the colts during his previous years (just like Brady did) so they could build a better team around him (mostly defense). He had a crippling 28 mil salary. Yeah... he sure doesn't care about hurting the team.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Not seeing this reported anywhere else yet...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278aba0/article/titans-preparing-for-visit-from-freeagent-qb-peyton-manning?module=HP11_breaking_news

NFL.com good enough?

Kid A
03-12-2012, 11:45 AM

And apparently visiting Houston too? Don't see how we would possibly come out on top if that's the case. Was a fun 24hrs thinking it would actually happen!

OrangeSe7en
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
If it was really 80 or 90% likely he'd sign with Denver, why has he suddenly decided to go to Tennessee?

Just goes to show how rampant the speculation is and people don't truly know what and why things are happening.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:47 AM

And apparently visiting Houston too? Don't see how we would possibly come out on top if that's the case. Was a fun 24hrs thinking it would actually happen!

Yeah we're becoming a distant memory in Manning's mind if he's doing this **** so close to Tuesday.

So much for having a passing offense.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
We are going to have to pay him 25mil + to get him to come here if TEN and HOU really are calling.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
NFL.com good enough?

Damn! Didn't see on broncotalk, PFT, or ESPN when I posted...

rugbythug
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ba humbug. Tebow rocks.

Kid A
03-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah we're becoming a distant memory in Manning's mind if he's doing this **** so close to Tuesday.

So much for having a passing offense.

Would Brandon Weeden be a huge reach at 25? Could we trade back and still get him? Because that's my gut feeling, and I don't see Tebow winning a camp battle against any QB we take high in the draft.

Also, can't believe I got so roped into Twitter "sources" and the usual FA rumor BS. Not to say we have zero shot now, but I should have known it was a total crapshoot until Manning said differently.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
If Houston is serious about this, we are screwed.

ColoradoDarin
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
A visit to Tenn (and/or Houston) is a really bad sign for those who want him in Denver, given that he went home, slept on it, talked with the family and then decided to talk to Tenn (and/or Houston).

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
i never thought he was coming...

when he left without a contract, i concluded he wasn't playing for Denver...

bendog
03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Would Brandon Weeden be a huge reach at 25? Could we trade back and still get him? Because that's my gut feeling, and I don't see Tebow winning a camp battle against any QB we take high in the draft.

Also, can't believe I got so roped into Twitter "sources" and the usual FA rumor BS. Not to say we have zero shot now, but I should have known it was a total crapshoot until Manning said differently.

Weeden makes sense if he's healthy, but tebowites and "sense" cannot be used in sentence without soem word like "not, absence, oxymoron,etc"

Maybe we get a guy like Hasselback or Henne to pick up the pieces if Tebow proves he cannot pass.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
A visit to Tenn (and/or Houston) is a really bad sign for those who want him in Denver, given that he went home, slept on it, talked with the family and then decided to talk to Tenn (and/or Houston).

Yeah, it's pretty much over. The Tebow media circus and the 3 suspensions definitely hurt us. I've already moved on and accepted it's not happening. If it does I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy but I'm over it now. I just don't see any way he comes here due to his decision to keep looking at other teams.

Kaylore
03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Well, for those who were counting on this, We still have a shot. We have the cap to sign him. I personally think he would love to play for the Titans and ram it in the Colts' faces twice a year. The Texans are 4 million over. I doubt they are going to throw money at Schaub AND Manning. The Titans do have 30 mil in space and their owner is creepily obsessed with him, so we'll see.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
i never thought he was coming...

when he left without a contract, i concluded he wasn't playing for Denver...

He was never visiting to sign a contract. His agent didn't travel with him. He only wanted to talk football, not money. So that had nothing to do with it.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Manning in HOU would be scary...but do they have the cap room without having to dump important players?

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM

^ Yup. So much for 95%.

HILife
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Well, it was nice while it lasted. Wonder how Tebow is doing with his practice?

BroncoInferno
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM

LOL Calm down people. Houston is something like $4 million over the cap. I don't see how they can afford him. Tennessee's best receiver is Nate Washington, they have nothing behind him. On defense, they are letting Finnegan and (probably) James Jones walk. Their roster isn't all that loaded. They do have cap space, but a lot less than we do. We aren't out of it yet.

COBronc78
Peyton Manning will meet w Dolphins coach Joe Philbin & Titans coach Mike Munchak during next 3 days, scheduled away from team facilities.

@Mortreport

TonyR
Tebow rocks.

LOL

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 12:03 PM
@Mortreport

He's completely ****ing w/e team he signs with by waiting until FA opens.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Calm down people.... ...We aren't out of it yet.

Agree. We're over reacting to the "negative" just as we've been over reacting to the positive. But at the same time his not making a decision, and now talking to multiple other teams, is anything but a confidence inspiring turn of events.

Smilin Assassin
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
For what it's worth, none of those reports say Manning is planning a visit.

They all state Tennessee/Houston are preparing for one.

As is Miami, w/no meeting actually scheduled as of yet.

No idea what will happen here, but I when Adam Schefter says something, 90% of the time the dude is right on.

eddie mac
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
The Titans are preparing for a visit. Where the **** does it say the Manning camp are prepared to visit them???

The Chiefs have been praying for a visit from him for a week, so have Seattle, I just see this as more media hyperbole from the Titans side. The Texans bit is from a ****ing blogger.

Gallandro
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Ok, first of all there is NO confirmation of Houston anywhere beyond this Tweet. It's all speculation. As far as Tennessee "preparing" for a visit... well I'm prepared to entertain Halle Berry at my home... doesn't mean it's going to happen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he does visit Tenn as he would probably do it out of courtesy. His history with the Vols would make a visit natural, but let's be serious the team is a disaster and their owner is nuts.

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM

****!

Except he'd have to live in aweful Tennesse. And it is aweful.

Archer81
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
We behold our world in a grain of sand...

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
He's gonna wait like a week, we'll be hanging in the balance, he'll sign elsewhere, and most of the FAs we want will too (because we couldnt sign them while we were waiting on PM). Then we'll have damage control to do with our current QB, and will not have signed much to support him.

Your 2012 Denver Broncos :) (Manning is worth the risk, but ugh)

Deuce
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I blame this all on Vic Lombardi

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Except he'd have to live in aweful Tennesse. And it is aweful.

...his wife was born and raised there. He went to college there. I doubt they view Tennessee the same.

eddie mac
If anything Manning is a gentleman and if an owner comes out and says he wants to sign him at all costs then Peyton will likely talk to his HC. I'm still pretty confident we'll get him, it just may take a little bit longer.

Punisher
Hes not signing with us i can tell Oh well at least Elway tried

*WARHORSE*
Ah Peyton.......the fishbowl you live in.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I blame this all on Vic Lombardi

I'll admit. His % reporting **** was bat **** retarded. He should have kept his mouth shut or just said our confidence was growing.

LetsGoBroncos
This is fantastic news. Now we won't sacrifice the future of our franchise for what could be MAYBE 2-3 good seasons.... And that is a big if for a 36 year old coming off four neck surgeries who hasn't played in over a year. Great news.

cousinal11
The titans suck for what it's worth & Peyton is well aware of that. If he does visit, in my opinion it's a courtesy call because it's the state of Tennessee.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM
So wait...MIA too? So now it's MIA, TEN, and HOU meeting with him the next days? Yup it's going to get really expensive...and in no way possible will he pick a team by tomorrow's deadline. Unless this is all bull****.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7677247/miami-dolphins-tennessee-titans-talk-peyton-manning-sources-say

BroncoBeavis
Ok, first of all there is NO confirmation of Houston anywhere beyond this Tweet. It's all speculation. As far as Tennessee "preparing" for a visit... well I'm prepared to entertain Halle Berry at my home... doesn't mean it's going to happen.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he does visit Tenn as he would probably do it out of courtesy. His history with the Vols would make a visit natural, but let's be serious the team is a disaster and their owner is nuts.

Schef just tweeted a Mort report that Peyton's meeting both the Fins and Titans.

bendog
I'd like to drive a nail into Josh McDaniel.

Archer81
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
This board has become crazytown, USA.

Manning sneezes. Does that mean he comes to Denver? Monkeys overthrow Taiwan. That must mean Manning picked Denver. Someone got their gooch pierced. Manning's a Bronco, baby...

cousinal11
This is fantastic news. Now we won't sacrifice the future of our franchise for what could be MAYBE 2-3 good seasons.... And that is a big if for a 36 year old coming off four neck surgeries who hasn't played in over a year. Great news.

If Peyton is 90% of what he was we will be relevant for the first time since 7.

Who gives a damn bout 2015? I wanna win & win big now.

NFLBRONCO
The longer this drags out the worst it could get for us. It could also be contract talks behind scenes aren't good enough yet. I don't buy they aren't talking money yet.

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
This may have already been posted, but someone find Tom Moore and give him the OC job.....quickly.

Would Tom Moore follow Peyton Manning?

It’s not completely accurate to say Peyton Manning has always run the Indianapolis Colts’ offense. From the start of his NFL career in 1998 through Manning’s last game in 2010, Manning’s offensive coordinator was Tom Moore.

It was Manning and Moore together who ran the Colts’ offense. Moore is currently an offensive consultant with the New York Jets, where he worked from home during the 2011 season. If the Broncos land Manning, head coach John Fox would almost have to inquire about adding his former coaching mate Moore as a senior offensive consultant to help the team’s transition to a new offense.

Here’s a connection for you: From 1986-88, Pittsburgh Steelers’ head coach Chuck Noll had Moore as his offensive coordinator and Fox as his defensive coordinator.

For all the talk about so many Colt free agent players like Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday joining Manning, it may be the 73-year-old Moore who helps lead the Colt West migration to Colorado.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/11/tom-moore-follow-peyton-manning/12456/

LetsGoBroncos
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
If Peyton is 90% of what he was we will be relevant for the first time since 7.

Who gives a damn bout 2015? I wanna win & win big now.

I think the odds of him being 90% are very slim. Even so, that doesn't make us a Super Bowl favorite. We still need to upgrade at several spots. Tebow has something guys...he hasn't had an offseason yet to develop. Nobody thought we would sniff the playoffs when we were 1-4 last year, much less get in, much less beat the Steelers. I think with a full offseason to develop he will be much better next year, and if he does improve the sky is the limit for him. Not worth giving up on for MAYBE 2 good years

Doggcow
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
YOU ****ING WHORE, I'M OVER HIM

EmpireOrange
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Texans are the only team to be worried about, if EO hadn't already confirmed that PM is already a Denver Bronco.

Quite crying ladies, Elway's got this poop.

All Teboners must hang!

ColoradoDarin
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Miami - current home
TN - wife's family

"Peyton, you aren't moving this family unless it will be to my parents town"

HooptyHoops
03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Boy, Monday afternoon and this just became crazy! I thought Manning wanted to sign BEFORE free agency, as, I'm guessing, it would give his team time to sign his 'friends.'

Now, I don't know what the heck he is doing? I definitely do not want the Broncos to stand still during the free agent period waiting for Manning!!

bendog
03-12-2012, 12:22 PM
It's like Tebow got a fciking MIRACLE or something! damn

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Texans are the only team to be worried about, if EO hadn't already confirmed that PM is already a Denver Bronco.

All Teboners must hang!

If this **** all falls through I'm sure you'll rig up some way in your head to say this FO deserves some kind of award.

Archer81
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM

All Teboners must hang!

Very French of you.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
...and in no way possible will he pick a team by tomorrow's deadline.

Not expected to announce until Wednesday at the earliest, and probably later, anyway.

bendog
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Very French of you.

ok, we tar and feather them, tie them to a pole and bounce their asses to the Neb line and dump em.

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Very French of you.

LOL

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsS42Ca3XQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EmpireOrange
03-12-2012, 12:35 PM
If this **** all falls through I'm sure you'll rig up some way in your head to say this FO deserves some kind of award.

I don't need to "rig" anything to defend the FO PM or no PM. A year in to Elway's tenure, I'm estatic with the progress given the latter years of Shanny, and McDummy. You're tebow-tard and riggin up anything acceptable to a teboner would bare as much fruit as vicegripping my own nutz.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:35 PM
However, Manning’s meeting with the two coaches will apparently not take place in the teams’ facilities, and instead will be one-on-one meetings with the coaches elsewhere. That may suggest that Manning isn’t quite as sold on the Dolphins and Titans as he was on the Broncos and Cardinals, or it may just mean that Manning is getting worn down and wants to keep things low-key.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/peyton-manning-will-meet-with-joe-philbin/

Gallandro
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds more like courtesy visits to the Fins and Titans:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/peyton-manning-will-meet-with-joe-philbin/

Both offsite.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Boy, Monday afternoon and this just became crazy! I thought Manning wanted to sign BEFORE free agency, as, I'm guessing, it would give his team time to sign his 'friends.'

Now, I don't know what the heck he is doing? I definitely do not want the Broncos to stand still during the free agent period waiting for Manning!!

i am betting that Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark and Saturday will all be in a holding pattern until Peyton signs. at which point if they like Peyton's situation they will be brought in for negotiations.

regardless, Denver needs to be ready to go with any non-Peyton connected Free Agents.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't need to "rig" anything to defend the FO PM or no PM. A year in to Elway's tenure, I'm estatic with the progress given the latter years of Shanny, and McDummy. You're tebow-tard and riggin up anything acceptable to a teboner would bare as much fruit as vicegripping my own nutz.

Yeah, definitely not much fruit to be had down there. LOL

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM
However, Manning’s meeting with the two coaches will apparently not take place in the teams’ facilities, and instead will be one-on-one meetings with the coaches elsewhere. That may suggest that Manning isn’t quite as sold on the Dolphins and Titans as he was on the Broncos and Cardinals, or it may just mean that Manning is getting worn down and wants to keep things low-key.

Manning spent a lot of time in the Miami facilities during his super bowl there. he doesn't need to go there to see it again. He played college ball in Tennessee so he knows what Tennessee has to offer.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
i am betting that Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark and Saturday will all be in a holding pattern until Peyton signs. at which point if they like Peyton's situation they will be brought in for negotiations.

regardless, Denver needs to be ready to go with any non-Peyton connected Free Agents.

Yeah, because the Broncs will obviously be able to do the same things in FA regardless of whether they have to keep cap space available for

Reggie Wayne
Jeff Saturday
Dallas Clark and oh yeah
Peyton Manning.

They should just go about their normal every day business and not sweat the minor details.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
This may have already been posted, but someone find Tom Moore and give him the OC job.....quickly.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/11/tom-moore-follow-peyton-manning/12456/

Fox isn't firing McCoy. They've been friends for ages. McCoy worked for Fox in Carolina for years.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Manning spent a lot of time in the Miami facilities during his super bowl there. he doesn't need to go there to see it again. He played college ball in Tennessee so he knows what Tennessee has to offer.

Yeah, the idea that he can keep putting up with the 2-day extravaganzas everywhere he goes doesn't really make sense. It basically couldn't be done at this late stage.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM

It's not as much about the facilities as it is the people though. He wants/needs to be comfortable with the people and the organization. So I'd think only meeting with the coach isn't as much of a visit as meeting the owner, GM, some players, etc. I'm really hoping these are only courtesy visits and/or "feelers".

bendog
03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I really doubt EFX contemplates an entire posse. Wayne would be an upgrade, and landing Manning would make Den attractive to him. Saturday if he wanted to keep playing wouldn't be that different talentwise, and it'd make Manning's job easier. Walton doens't look like a longterm solution anyway. Rosario and Fells just had one year contracts, Virgil Green just screwed himself, so I can see Clark.

But I don't see EFX going Shanahan in Free agents.

Archer81
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Where to begin...

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
It's not as much about the facilities as it is the people though. He wants/needs to be comfortable with the people and the organization. So I'd think only meeting with the coach isn't as much of a visit as meeting the owner, GM, some players, etc. I'm really hoping these are only courtesy visits and/or "feelers".

Maybe he just wants to get a few more free lunches?

Deuce
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I heard Manning has set up a meeting with the Toronto Argonauts

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah, because the Broncs will obviously be able to do the same things in FA regardless of whether they have to keep cap space available for

Reggie Wayne
Jeff Saturday
Dallas Clark and oh yeah
Peyton Manning.

They should just go about their normal every day business and not sweat the minor details.

4 guys aren't going to eat up all of the 40 million in cap space Denver has. Manning will cost a good chunk of that, but he realizes that to make upgrades to the team and get him more weapons he can't take all of the cap money himself, so he will take a good payday but leave Denver a good amount to continue making deals. Wayne will cost some, but Clark is coming off 2 straight injury shortened years. Saturday is an aging player who won't command a huge chunk of change. Addai if they went after him, while an upgrade to Moreno is not a star back that can command huge money.

Denver can still go after several free agents and not all of them will need to be bargain bin players.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Houston was a typo:

http://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/179294622177181696

ghostofjosh
03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Ive seen elway pull out some last minute heroics a few times before

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
4 guys aren't going to eat up all of the 40 million in cap space Denver has. Manning will cost a good chunk of that, but he realizes that to make upgrades to the team and get him more weapons he can't take all of the cap money himself, so he will take a good payday but leave Denver a good amount to continue making deals. Wayne will cost some, but Clark is coming off 2 straight injury shortened years. Saturday is an aging player who won't command a huge chunk of change. Addai if they went after him, while an upgrade to Moreno is not a star back that can command huge money.

Denver can still go after several free agents and not all of them will need to be bargain bin players.

Also a draft coming up. The idea that we can keep enough cap room with no effect on free agent strategy is laughable. PM and friends are easily 30 mil out of that 40.

That's a ****load of money that we could use elsewhere.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Also a draft coming up. The idea that we can keep enough cap room with no effect on free agent strategy is laughable. PM and friends are easily 30 mil out of that 40.

Except that hiring the rest of the Colt castoffs is simply an assumption people have made. Nobody has Peyton requesting anything of that nature. I doubt it even came up.

Kid A
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah...so the whole Texans thing was bull****:

https://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/179294622177181696

“@AsleepT: Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!! -- can we clear this up?” - bad text. Someone meant Titans but wrote Texans

Journalism in the age of Twitter and autocorrect. Jesus.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 01:07 PM

i'd bet Manning and CO. is more in line with about 22-26 million. Wayne is the main guy that will need to come with Manning. Clark would be nice, but his injuries the last 2 years could preclude Denver having interest unless Manning makes a fuss about him. Saturday while he has a relationship with Manning is at this point in his career an equal exchange with Walton and isn't an absolutely necessary hire. Addai isn't a major need and is doubtful to be looked at.

as long as Denver signs Wayne with Peyton than Manning will be happy because signing all the Colts castoffs has been assumption on the part of Broncos fans.

Smilin Assassin
03-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Maybe.

But, he's deciding where he's going to end his career/live.

I'd think he'd want to see how things were NOW, not when he was playing for Indy/the Vols.

They both might have legit shots at signing him, but I wouldn't feel that confident if I'm them if they can't even get him in the building after Denver/Arizona just gave him the royal treatment.

Rolandftw
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Too bad if he doesn't go to Houston. That'd be my second choice after the Broncos. Manning signs with the Texans, that means Shaub is available, who would fit more what the Broncos want at the QB position. I don't really get the Texans even having an interest in Manning to be honest.

The Titans make sense, as do the Dolphins.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Except that hiring the rest of the Colt castoffs is simply an assumption people have made. Nobody has Peyton requesting anything of that nature. I doubt it even came up.

I'm not talking about all of them I think PM, Wayne and Clark could just about get you there.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Too bad if he doesn't go to Houston. That'd be my second choice after the Broncos. Manning signs with the Texans, that means Shaub is available, who would fit more what the Broncos want at the QB position. I don't really get the Texans even having an interest in Manning to be honest.

The Titans make sense, as do the Dolphins.

Schaub is a straight up tease. he flashes so much talent and ability, but something always brings him back down to earth. My interest in him if he were free is lukewarm at best.

ClamChowdah
03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Can't believe so many teams want a QB with a 9-10 playoff record, i guess alot of teams enjoy the famous Peyton one and done.

Then again at least he can throw the football unlike Tim.

Chris
03-12-2012, 01:15 PM
This is good news to me.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:15 PM
i'd bet Manning and CO. is more in line with about 22-26 million. Wayne is the main guy that will need to come with Manning. Clark would be nice, but his injuries the last 2 years could preclude Denver having interest unless Manning makes a fuss about him. Saturday while he has a relationship with Manning is at this point in his career an equal exchange with Walton and isn't an absolutely necessary hire. Addai isn't a major need and is doubtful to be looked at.

as long as Denver signs Wayne with Peyton than Manning will be happy because signing all the Colts castoffs has been assumption on the part of Broncos fans.

Sorry didn't see this until now. But even assuming your numbers, that's a big deal. 20% of your cap is either there or it isn't going into Free Agency.

There's no way you take the same chances if you don't think that money's there.

DenverBroncosJM
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
If this happens do we chalk this up to another great move by EFX? Orton to the dolphins, never mind he is our starter, now he is released. Tim is starter heading in to camp etc. Im sure this post will go over well but EFX is bush league...

Rolandftw
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Schaub is a straight up tease. he flashes so much talent and ability, but something always brings him back down to earth. My interest in him if he were free is lukewarm at best.

While he has been inconsistent, he'd be by far the best player available. Jason Campbell might be the next best alternative.

Then again, I feel management has moved on from Tebow and whether we are successful or not with Manning, Tebow still gets moved. Other people think that if Denver isn't successful in acquiring Manning, that Tebow will get a fair chance to be the starter here.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Like most modern media events, you can probably discount about 90% of what you're hearing.

ghwk
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
If we sign him I hope they give his Head an incentive clause to stay attached to his neck.

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
He was never visiting to sign a contract. His agent didn't travel with him. He only wanted to talk football, not money. So that had nothing to do with it.

yea i know what they said....

and i don't care nor buy it...

it's all about who the better sales person is...

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
While he has been inconsistent, he'd be by far the best player available. Jason Campbell might be the next best alternative.

Then again, I feel management has moved on from Tebow and whether we are successful or not with Manning, Tebow still gets moved. Other people think that if Denver isn't successful in acquiring Manning, that Tebow will get a fair chance to be the starter here.

If Manning doesn't happen the Broncos need Tebow. Completely. If he plays his cards right, he can basically dictate what happens next year. Bowlen can't afford another Orton cycle. And if they trade Tebow fresh off the first playoff win in forever... complete fanbase implosion.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Can't believe so many teams want a QB with a 9-10 playoff record, i guess alot of teams enjoy the famous Peyton one and done.

Jeopardy contestant: "I'll take CHEATERS for $1000, Alex"

Alex: "Very well then. This team hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2004 and has since been punished by the NFL for videotaping other team's defensive signals during games."

Contestant: "Who are the Patriots?"

Alex: "CORRECT!"

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Fox isn't firing McCoy. They've been friends for ages. McCoy worked for Fox in Carolina for years.

If PM wants Moore, he'll be on the staff.

Smilin Assassin
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
If this happens do we chalk this up to another great move by EFX? Orton to the dolphins, never mind he is our starter, now he is released. Tim is starter heading in to camp etc. Im sure this post will go over well but EFX is bush league...

Bush league how?

By trying to get one of the best QBs in NFL history even though they verbally committed to Tebow? That's just silly.

I support Tebow and love his potential, but I'm a Broncos' fan first. I'd be more upset if the team just sat on their hands as teams try to lure Manning simply because "well, we said Tim is our starter...no take-backs."

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Bush league how?

By trying to get one of the best QBs in NFL history even though they verbally committed to Tebow? That's just silly.

I support Tebow and love his potential, but I'm a Broncos' fan first. I'd be more upset if the team just sat on their hands as teams try to lure Manning simply because "well, we said Tim is our starter...no take-backs."

How quickly some forget: Bowlen called Shanahan his coach for life.

Change of direction happens for all sorts of reasons. A new shiny toy being one. :)

Chris
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Bush league how?

It was fairly obvious Manning was going to be released. Why publicly commit to Tebow and make yourself look like jackasses when you renege on that?

TonyR
03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
As MaxDenver.com‘s Andrew Mason has pointed out, this is the first and only time in Manning’s career that he’ll get to explore free agency, so he’ll explore every possible destination. Mason went on to note that Broncos fans should not be overly concerned because the team gave Manning a great sales pitch and they are feeling good about their chances.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/03/31491/broncos-buzz/broncos-manning-begin-early-contract-talks/

DenverBroncosJM
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Bush league how?

Im a Broncos fan too, lets clear that up before everyone starts waving around their fan card.

So your boss says "Thanks for all you have done you have to get better but we are going with you heading in to FY 2013". Then they pull all the stops to get someone else.."

Not even including the Orton **** storm, no excuse for that at all. Even though you glossed over it like its not that big of deal. The FO appears distrustful, that doesnt sit well with FA or even your own players. Whether its reality or perception they look like they cant decide WTF they want to do.

What happens if Manning doesnt sign here? What message have they sent to for better or worse the QB that won you your first playoff game in 6 years? If Manning does sign here does anyone think we are Peyton Manning away from the Superbowl? Because the bar has been set we won the division and won a playoff game with Tebow. The new guy HAS to do better than that.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
How quickly some forget:

Change of direction happens for all sorts of reasons. A new shiny toy being one. :)

Yes, but you still offer to do at least as much as possible to stay as close to your word as possible.

Instead of slobknobing PM all over the media, they should have played the close-to-the-vest due diligence angle for all it was worth.

And instead of press-leaking about trading your starter during this whole slobknob crapshoot, you should've been saying things like "I said I hoped that Tebow was the future of this franchise and I would work to help that happen this offseason. Regardless of where Peyton signs, I continue to believe that, and would like to reiterate that Tim Tebow is not going anywhere. He's young and we believe he could develop into something special"

TonyR
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
It was fairly obvious Manning was going to be released. Why publicly commit to Tebow and make yourself look like jackasses when you renege on that?

I recall reading Friday that they initially didn't plan to go after Manning but then "something changed". Maybe that something was Bowlen giving it the green light? Or Peyton Manning initiating contact? Or both?

DBroncos4life
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM

We pick twenty ****ing five. The Seahawks signed the 25th pick to a 4 year 7.64 million dollar deal, with 6.22 guaranteed.

Wayne won't get top 5 money which is 9.5 million a year. Saturday won't get anything more then the vet min which is around a million. Clark is coming off back to back poor years where he was hurt. He won't be making a ton of money either.

HighCountryBronco
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM

I would love to punch you in the mouth, you f*%$ing balls gargler. Thats your new name BALLS GARGLER.;)

BroncoMan4ever

how many QBs truly have great postseason records?

Brady is i think one of the only guys in NFL history to have a positive record in the playoffs. and even in that sense ever since Denver beat him in 05 for the 1st time in the playoffs, his record since has not been good.

overall a 9-10 record in the playoffs is decent. especially when you factor in 2 super bowl appearances to go with 11 appearances in the playoffs.

TonyR
Instead of slobknobing PM all over the media, they should have played the close-to-the-vest due diligence angle for all it was worth.

Arizona, Miami, KC, and Tennessee have done the same thing.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
We pick twenty ****ing five. The Seahawks signed the 25th pick to a 4 year 7.64 million dollar deal, with 6.22 guaranteed.

Wayne won't get top 5 money which is 9.5 million a year. Saturday won't get anything more then the vet min which is around a million. Clark is coming off back to back poor years where he was hurt. He won't be making a ton of money either.

also, factor in Manning isn't going to demand a mega contract, because at this stage in his career he wants another ring and knows that whoever he signs with needs monetary flexibility to sign him some weapons.

and aside from Wayne the rest of the Colts castoffs are just speculation on the part of fans from teams trying to sign Peyton.

DenverBroncosJM
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Arizona, Miami, KC, and Tennessee have done the same thing.

Oh you mean the teams that did not reach the Play Offs or have a first round pick at QB currently?

BroncoInferno
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Maybe, but what was not fairly obvious was that Manning would consider Denver one of the top choices for his services. They had no way of knowing that until he actually was released (tampering).

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
As MaxDenver.com‘s Andrew Mason has pointed out, this is the first and only time in Manning’s career that he’ll get to explore free agency, so he’ll explore every possible destination. Mason went on to note that Broncos fans should not be overly concerned because the team gave Manning a great sales pitch and they are feeling good about their chances.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/03/31491/broncos-buzz/broncos-manning-begin-early-contract-talks/

Manningites would like you to note that this is exactly the opposite of everything they've been telling you, but there is no cause for alarm. John Elway has seen this tactic once before on a tough Ford Focus sale he once had to step in for an assistant sales manager to close. They threaten to go to another dealer, but they always come back, because you're John f'ing Elway. It works whether it's Caleb Hyatt of Arvada, CO, or Peyton Manning, former starting QB, Indianapolis Colts.

Stagger Lee
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh you mean the teams that did not reach the Play Offs or have a first round pick at QB currently?

I'm pretty sure Locker was a first rounder. And, just because McDummy picked TT in the first doesn't mean he should have.

DBroncos4life
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
also, factor in Manning isn't going to demand a mega contract, because at this stage in his career he wants another ring and knows that whoever he signs with needs monetary flexibility to sign him some weapons.

and aside from Wayne the rest of the Colts castoffs are just speculation on the part of fans from teams trying to sign Peyton.

Odds are Saturday will retire, but I would take him over our guy for two reasons. One he is better, and two he knows PM and makes the calls at the line that much easier.
Wayne I want, Clark not so much. Shockey would be better IMO but Clark might be cheaper.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2012, 01:45 PM

Tennesse invested a 1st in Locker last season and he looked pretty good in limited action, the Chiefs have millions invested in Cassel and went to the playoffs with him in 2010, and Arizona invested a high draft pick (plus a solid corner in Cromartie) and millions in kolb just this last offseason.

elsid13
03-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Tennesse invested a 1st in Locker last season and he looked pretty good in limited action, and the Chiefs have millions invested in Cassel and went to the playoffs with him in 2010.

If Manning goes to Tenn, I wonder if they would part with Locker.

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes, but you still offer to do at least as much as possible to stay as close to your word as possible.

And instead of press-leaking about trading your starter during this whole slobknob crapshoot, you should've been saying things like "I said I hoped that Tebow was the future of this franchise and I would work to help that happen this offseason. Regardless of where Peyton signs, I continue to believe that, and would like to reiterate that Tim Tebow is not going anywhere. He's young and we believe he could develop into something special"

Where do you come up with this nonsense??

The FO leaked that Tebow is going to be traded??

"slobknobing PM all over the media" Really??

What exactly have EFX...or anyone else associated with the Broncos..... publicly said about PM or Tebow's future??

DenverBroncosJM
03-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Locker was a first rounder. And, just because McDummy picked TT in the first doesn't mean he should have.

Jake played what 5 games and two of those he had 1 pass? not even a close comparison. But technically correct that they do have a first round qb.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Odds are Saturday will retire, but I would take him over our guy for two reasons. One he is better, and two he knows PM and makes the calls at the line that much easier.
Wayne I want, Clark not so much. Shockey would be better IMO but Clark might be cheaper.

if Clark were healthy, i would love to get him in Denver, but with the last 2 seasons i pretty much believe he is running on fumes and doesn't have much left. Shockey would be nice to have, but i think he'll want more money than he is actually worth.

DBroncos4life
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
if Clark were healthy, i would love to get him in Denver, but with the last 2 seasons i pretty much believe he is running on fumes and doesn't have much left. Shockey would be nice to have, but i think he'll want more money than he is actually worth.

I was banking on DJ and Wayne getting Shockey here to reunite the bad memories I have of those guys beating down my Huskers. :P

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I was banking on DJ and Wayne getting Shockey here to reunite the bad memories I have of those guys beating down my Huskers. :P

i wouldn't bet on DJ welcoming anyone to Denver as more than likely he is on his way out.

DBroncos4life
03-12-2012, 02:35 PM
i wouldn't bet on DJ welcoming anyone to Denver as more than likely he is on his way out.

I think he gets off but, even then I think he is gone.

Goobzilla
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I would love to punch you in the mouth, you f*%$ing balls gargler. Thats your new name BALLS GARGLER.;)

This guy gets a pass on the 100 post rule ^5

Rolandftw
03-12-2012, 02:58 PM
If Manning doesn't happen the Broncos need Tebow. Completely. If he plays his cards right, he can basically dictate what happens next year. Bowlen can't afford another Orton cycle. And if they trade Tebow fresh off the first playoff win in forever... complete fanbase implosion.

Even if that's all true, none of it really matters. What matters is that the team has to believe in him. People can argue that they should believe in him, and they'll regret it if they trade him. New regimes usually mean new QB's though, and once a regime isn't sold on a particular QB, they're unlikely to get the pieces around him to give the best chance of success.

People keep saying Denver should keep Tebow, in case Manning gets hurt. The players Elway and Fox surround a Manning with are not going to be the same weapons that Tebow can be successful with. You either buy in all the way on Tebow, or you go with a more traditional QB.

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL

104.3 The Fan just used the call sign.

104.3 The Man...ning

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Titans make a lot of sense. They have cap space, pretty warm weather, a rookie HC who will cater to Manning, a great running game and a good defense (I think, at least they used to have good defenses under Fisher).

The only thing I'm not sure about is WRs, TEs, offensive weapons to throw to.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh, I agree that if we miss out on Manning, that Tebow becomes an important factor in moving forward - complete fan mutiny if he is gone.

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
If the Broncos don't get Manning, I'm not worried about Tebow. EFX can go to Tebow and justifiably say to him "hey, we were trying to get a HoF QB to come in and help us win another SB, this is no reflection on you, it was just a fanstastic opportunity and we tried to do what is best for the team."

I don't think TT would or SHOULD have any problem with this.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I think he gets off but, even then I think he is gone.

i don't think the drug thing has that big of an effect on him. i think he was gone regardless.

last season in TC he was healthy but for some reason was held out of practices for almost a full week. i think the team was trying to move him and idn't want him to get injured and then for some reason the deal fell apart.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Tennesse invested a 1st in Locker last season and he looked pretty good in limited action, the Chiefs have millions invested in Cassel and went to the playoffs with him in 2010, and Arizona invested a high draft pick (plus a solid corner in Cromartie) and millions in kolb just this last offseason.

Exactly. Every one of those guys is currently a much larger commitment than Tebow is at this point.

chawknz
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
They say the Texans tweet was a typo, and at this time, the Texans have NOT put their name into the madness.

Kid A
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM
They say the Texans tweet was a typo, and at this time, the Texans have NOT put their name into the madness.

The tweet was a mistake, but Klis mentioned them too.

But now it looks dead? Maybe? Please?

https://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL/status/179334784168886272

Texans think they have a good thing going. Kubiak loves Matt Schaub. Team is committed to Schaub. They think they're on the verge . . . . .

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Even if that's all true, none of it really matters. What matters is that the team has to believe in him. People can argue that they should believe in him, and they'll regret it if they trade him. New regimes usually mean new QB's though, and once a regime isn't sold on a particular QB, they're unlikely to get the pieces around him to give the best chance of success.

People keep saying Denver should keep Tebow, in case Manning gets hurt. The players Elway and Fox surround a Manning with are not going to be the same weapons that Tebow can be successful with. You either buy in all the way on Tebow, or you go with a more traditional QB.

I've already said football-wise Tebow makes no sense as a Manning backup. I said the only way it makes sense is if EFX is worried Peyton gets hurt or doesn't heal as well as he hoped.

If Peyton gets hurt 4 games in and Broncos fans get to watch the next version of Curtis Painter for the rest of the year, things will get ugly fast.

ScottXray
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
The tweet was a mistake, but Klis mentioned them too.

But now it looks dead? Maybe? Please?

https://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL/status/179334784168886272

Well, if Manning goes to Tenn they may be on the verge...of finishing 2nd to him for the next few years again.

They have a good team, but Manning has been the thorn in Kubiaks side ever since he went to Houston. Him in the same division probably has Kubiak yelling "Damn it" all over again.

orinjkrush
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
man, i'm loving all this sturm and drang! this is almost as good as a regular season game.

first, i love how Pay a ton is f*cking the whole NFL with his Gullivers travels.

Second, i'm loving how EFX is willing to shoot their whole load on getting Pay a ton.

Sends the message to everyone on the roster....we will ALWAYS look for better than you.

Third, think of all the OTHER QBs wondering who they might be playing for next year?

Locker, Schaub, Kolb, Tebow, Henne and then all the second order ripples with other teams... Gabbert etc etc.

This is really cool drama!!

joe9999
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
YOU ****ING WHORE, I'M OVER HIM

So does that make Elway a whore monger?

barryr
03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Manning goes from wanting to sign by Tuesday to maybe at the end of the week? If true, it would seem he is waiting to see if anyone else steps up and looks like there is, so that isn't that great a sign in that he still isn't sure about the Broncos.

RaiderH8r
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Manning goes from wanting to sign by Tuesday to maybe at the end of the week? If true, it would seem he is waiting to see if anyone else steps up and looks like there is, so that isn't that great a sign in that he still isn't sure about the Broncos.

He's gonna give EFX the old whistling sphincter.

robbieopperude
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
The longer it takes for Manning to decide the less I think it is the Broncos. My bet now is on Tenn making a push or Miami as a darkhorse.

I can't see Hou or Ariz or Sea or KC.

canadianbroncosfan
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
The longer it takes for Manning to decide the less I think it is the Broncos. My bet now is on Tenn making a push or Miami as a darkhorse.

Not necessarily. If he's not in a rush, he could just be seeing what's out there. It's like house shopping, the first one you see might be the one you pick in the end but you still look at others.

extralife
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
The only thing I'm not sure about is WRs, TEs, offensive weapons to throw to.

Kenny Britt is a complete stud if he comes back 100%

Sassy
03-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Dallas Clark, TE. Sign him with Peyton.

Archer81
03-12-2012, 05:32 PM
man, i'm loving all this sturm and drang! this is almost as good as a regular season game.

first, i love how Pay a ton is ****ing the whole NFL with his Gullivers travels.

Second, i'm loving how EFX is willing to shoot their whole load on getting Pay a ton.

Sends the message to everyone on the roster....we will ALWAYS look for better than you.

Third, think of all the OTHER QBs wondering who they might be playing for next year?

Locker, Schaub, Kolb, Tebow, Henne and then all the second order ripples with other teams... Gabbert etc etc.

This is really cool drama!!

We clearly have different definitions of the word cool.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Dallas Clark, TE. Sign him with Peyton.

Nice to see some of my favorite posters coming back. ;D

barryr
03-12-2012, 05:41 PM
The Texans just released their starting RT Winston saving some 5-6 mil.

Hulamau
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM

And that is a scary argument for going 'ALL IN' with Tim for the long run. As we saw in the last NE game even beefy Tim with all the hits he takes is subject to season ending injuries ... even if the season had only three potential playoff games to go including the Super Bowl.

Had we somehow upset Tom Terrific in NE and made it to the big dance, we would have had to do it without Tebow and what are the odds of that with a team and system structured around Tebow when he suddenly goes down hard for real?!!

His 'uniqueness' that MacGruder's strokes constantly can also play strongly against him as a long term solution. Considering his very physical style of play at his position.

Who else out there can step in and continue playing that system in the NFL at a high level most likely 'when' .. not 'if' ... Tim gets a season-ender in week two of an up coming season??

That gives new meaning to having to go "All In" and it's not the most reassuring scenario. Unlike in MacGruder's imagination, Tim is not indestructable either.

My worry is that the 'exposure' Tim and this team got in 5 of the last 6 games after the NFL started adjusting the option show, not withstanding the wonderfully exciting "miracle' against and decimated Steeler's team with a hobbled Big Ben, numerous key starters out including safety Ryan Clark who likely prevents that last awesome TD by Demaryius, all may have revealed more of the reality of what might face the Broncos with Tim as the 'Franchise' rather than those priceless glimpses of glory that his amazingly competitive spirit and will to win would bring us from time to time as well.

I've little doubt such thoughts have played heavily in the Bronco Brass's decision to heavily pursue and go 'ALL IN' for Manning when a guy of his elite caliber suddenly became available!

Sassy
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Nice to see some of my favorite posters coming back. ;D

It seems to have mellowed out a bit here.
ROFL!

BroncoBen
03-12-2012, 05:51 PM

I feel the opposite, the longer it goes the better for the Broncos. Don't the 49ers have to get Alex Smith signed or he is a free agent, I believe the Cards have till Thurs to decide if they pay Cobb like $7mill.

Tenn could be in the mix.. but I am not so sure they have all the parts to give Payton a chance to make a Superbowl run.

Houston could be a team to worry about.. But do they have they cap space to bring in Payton and other free agents.. they could loose their big DE if they sign Payton.

barryr
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I feel the opposite, the longer it goes the better for the Broncos. Don't the 49ers have to get Alex Smith signed or he is a free agent, I believe the Cards have till Thurs to decide if they pay Cobb like $7mill.

Tenn could be in the mix.. but I am not so sure they have all the parts to give Payton a chance to make a Superbowl run.

Houston could be a team to worry about.. But do they have they cap space to bring in Payton and other free agents.. they could loose their big DE if they sign Payton.

Only thing is Houston's defense remained good when Williams was out and really Williams isn't an OLB in a 3-4 defense and should be playing on the DL, but DL on 3-4 teams generally do not put up big numbers.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Kenny Britt is a complete stud if he comes back 100%

I completely forgot about Britt. Was a fantasy stud early on.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Don't know what to believe. Didn't they say earlier that MIA was officially a no go?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7679387/sources-peyton-manning-meets-miami-dolphins-indy-5-6-hours

barryr
03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Don't know what to believe. Didn't they say earlier that MIA was officially a no go?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7679387/sources-peyton-manning-meets-miami-dolphins-indy-5-6-hours

Not only that, it says Manning met Miami officials in Indy for some reason, but I thought he flew back to Miami after visiting the Cards? What?

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Basically nobody has any clue what the hell is going on. That's all you can count on.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Yup...right now every fan base is acting like this guy....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KX5jNnDMfxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

razorwire77
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Not only that, it says Manning met Miami officials in Indy for some reason, but I thought he flew back to Miami after visiting the Cards? What?

He has six Saddam-like body doubles. One for every city, except KC of course.