PDA

View Full Version : Will the OM set a new attendance record?

Broncobiv
03-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Most users ever online was 839, 03-01-2004 at 07:19 PM.

This is according to the main OM forum front page, near the bottom of the page by the list of active users.

That was the day that we traded Portis for Champ. If Manning picks Denver, do you think the OM finally breaks that record, 8 years later?

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Shattered.

Boobs McGee
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Shattered.

and then rebuilt like the other terminator

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
the only thing that will take the new record down will be when Elway raises up the Lombardi trophy and says "This one's for Pat"

Miss I.
03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
yes probably, but will it count since at least a large portion will just be MacGruder posting his rage and grief under multiple names?

OBF1
03-11-2012, 09:34 PM
No way, too many of the old school posters have been chased away and now post at other sites. All the "Tebownites" will have already passed out/dropped dead, while the Tailgatenuts of the world would have died of extreame happiness.... even though that all have hated "Pay-me-a-ton" Manning for more than 10 years.

broncocalijohn
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Shattered.

Unless TJ's site crashes. It will be epic and there will be a Gutless Drunk thread from some smartass here that remembers the original one. I would expect someone stating they tossed their computer out the window too.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know...it wasn't shattered when we traded Cutler, etc. Like Cutler this has had a lot of buildup. I don't recall the same when Portis for Champ happened. Sudden and unexpected news tends to trump what we know is coming.

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Factoring in the Tebowners leaving? I think more leave/become inactive then join.

bronco militia
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Cutler draft, plummer bench, plummer retired, shanny fire, cutler trade,mcdaniels fired, tebow draft, tebows first start, tebows 2nd start,tebow win streak, and the playoff win over the steelers. None of those topped the bailey trade.

Probably not going to happen.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Seems there is a high amount of dead profiles that are not used on this site. Only like 800 or so active members out of 18,000?

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
the only thing that will take the new record down will be when Elway raises up the Lombardi trophy and says "This one's for Pat"

It would be funnier if he did it and yelled, YEAH this one for me also, I ****ing rule, then jumped on the Bradshaws shoulders and demanded a ride around the stadium.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Seems there is a high amount of dead profiles that are not used on this site. Only like 800 or so active members out of 18,000?

A lot of rival fans will sign up just to make a few posts, then never come on. Or just make a new one all the time and stay incognito etc etc.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't know...it wasn't shattered when we traded Cutler, etc. Like Cutler this has had a lot of buildup. I don't recall the same when Portis for Champ happened. Sudden and unexpected news tends to trump what we know is coming.

i think the Cutler thing was happenning over so long a period that by the end most were just relieved and happy it was over and no longer in the mood to debate the pros and cons any longer. the Manning talk has been going for a weekend. so the interest in the topic has not had time to fall off yet.

with this current situation it has the makings of the perfect storm. scorned Tebow fans outraged at the organization for dumping the messiah posting their hate retoric, while Broncos fans see we just got Peyton "****ING" Manning rejoice at our great fortune post joyfully.

it would not be a surprise at all to see that record broken.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
It would be funnier if he did it and yelled, YEAH this one for me also, I ****ing rule, then jumped on the Bradshaws shoulders and demanded a ride around the stadium.

that would be the greatest post super bowl celebration ever.

Taco John
03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Most users ever online was 839, 03-01-2004 at 07:19 PM.

This is according to the main OM forum front page, near the bottom of the page by the list of active users.

That was the day that we traded Portis for Champ. If Manning picks Denver, do you think the OM finally breaks that record, 8 years later?

Actually, that stat is deceiving. I turns out somebody posted a link to a funny picture on one of the threads that was linked on Fark.com during that trade. I think the forum over registered the views.