PDA

View Full Version : Vic Lombardi tweets we are now 95% confident Manning will sign here

spdirty
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Don't know if this is start a new thread worthy, but its new info and I wanted to get it out here.

http://twitter.com/#!/viclombardi

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
iono...99% is a lot more uplifting than 95%.

Chris
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I'll be more pleased if we can sign him to a fair contract and keep Tebow.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Broncos were contacted by Manning TONIGHT! According to Vic.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Better not have been to say, "sorry guys but I don't think we're a fit."

spdirty
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM

Just saw that...oh boy!!!!!!

spdirty
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Champ Bailey has to be jumping up and down right now.

LonghornBronco
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Almost can't believe it!

Kid A
I'm not going to let myself get too excited...I'm not going to let myself get too excited...I'm not going to-

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/THE-ELWAY-EPIPHANY.gif

R8R H8R

He said the Cards offered him $25 million per. What say you? Lol!

Ratboy
Yabba Dabba Doooooo!!!!

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Champ Bailey has to be jumping up and down right now.

Wonder if he'll renegotiate that 14mil cap hit to get Finnegan.

Broncos could be dangerous next year.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
He said the Cards offered him $25 million per. What say you? Lol!

I hope we can get him for under 20 mil, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I can't wait to see Lombardi interview the 6'5" Peyton Manning.

Vic Lombardi is a tini, tini man.

Ratboy
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Vic

"Broncos want to be respectful of the process. Not going to tweet any more numbers. Let's sit back and wait."

Think the Broncos contacted Vic and told him to shut the **** up?

Tim
^5 I hope this guy isn't full of ****

spdirty
Vic

"Broncos want to be respectful of the process. Not going to tweet any more numbers. Let's sit back and wait."

Think the Broncos contacted Vic and told him to shut the **** up?

Thats how I read it.

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I won't believe we are getting him til I see it for myself. I don't believe all these tweets and rumors. A lot of sh%t being thrown around so people can say I told you so if one sticks.

montrose
I'm not going to let myself get too excited...I'm not going to let myself get too excited...I'm not going to-

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/THE-ELWAY-EPIPHANY.gif

How ironic that clip is after the biggest play of Tebow's career.

Navy Broncos Fan
If we get him it better be closer to 20 than 30 million.

Kid A
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/MichelleBeisner

Michelle Beisner sounding hearing a much more sober quote from Dove Valley:

Just spoke with Broncos team source - they are still very much in the mix but being respectful of the process as things progress w/Manning

Also, Mortenson was saying not long ago this evening that he expected it to take past the Tuesday 4pm mark for a decision to be made.

God, I want to believe Vic. My guess is he has a different source who might be less of an "official" leak who was willing to shed the poker face a little more than the team wants to right now? Who knows. Excited to see where this stands in the morning.

Tim
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
If we get him it better be closer to 20 than 30 million.
I don't know, this chiefs fan on here that knows everything about football posted this a few days ago...

I don't think Manning is going to get a big contract from any team. Not after a neck injury at that age.

:spit:

TheDave
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Manning contacted them tonight.... Yesˇ! ˇ! ˇ!

Lestat
03-11-2012, 09:09 PM
i'd say it's a perfect summation of the Tebow saga as a whole.
How ironic that clip is after the biggest play of Tebow's career.

Navy Broncos Fan
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
It would be great to get him for sub 20 and have bonuses for starts/plays/playoff wins.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
http://th603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/MrWookie47/th_19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Until we get it from a more neutral source, it's hard to believe. Sounds like they are confident because Manning contacted them. And since they haven't talked about money it's hard to know if that part can be worked out. Manning might have an unrealistic expectation of what he should make--$30 million plus a season for instance.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:16 PM

It wont be about cap. Broncos already have $44.7m in space. It'll all come down to cash payments in 2012 and how much Manning and his mates eat of the pie.

TheDave
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
And now they are saying they didn't.... ****

spdirty
03-11-2012, 09:18 PM

whered you read that?

Boobs McGee
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Michelle Beisner also tweeted this:
Broncos source confirms with me, they have not been in talks with Manning at all today (Sun). Respectful of his wishes and this process.

hmmmmmm

Ratboy
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

It all seems like they don't want anyone to exactly know yet since they still need to discuss the price.

vanbrugh
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Paddypower says^5

NFL Specials Betting Unavailable
Sorry, we currently do not offer betting on NFL Specials

Br0nc0Buster
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
It all seems like they don't want anyone to exactly know yet since they still need to discuss the price.

That is kind of what it sounds like
i dont live in denver and dont know how reliable Vic is, if he is one to make crap up

But it almost sounds like he is saying things the Broncos want to keep hush hush and this is their way of telling him to stfu

Kid A
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Either someone inside Dove Valley told Vic something he shouldn't have (for instance Peyton calling to say they are heavy frontrunners, but to keep it under wraps because he still is doing a courtesy meeting with the Phins or something). Or Vic's source was completely wrong.

I think his source is probably pretty good. Really hoping this is just a case of keeping that cat in the bag as per Manning's wishes.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Michelle Beisner also tweeted this:
Broncos source confirms with me, they have not been in talks with Manning at all today (Sun). Respectful of his wishes and this process.

hmmmmmm

Wow, is everyone just making **** up on the fly?

Man this sucks.

OBF1
03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Rat: Remove that Manning crap from your tag line/avatar. I am the original, not room for other band wagoneers at this time. Please be original.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
If Vic costs us Manning I'll cut his c@ck off and feed it to Bob.

Kid A
03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Also, usually Vic has followed any informative tweet with a bunch of follow up responses to people who @ him. This time - silence since the "respect the process" tweet. I think this reeks of a "shut the up and don't risk ****ing this up for us" warning from the Broncos to him.

OBF1
03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Sure sounds like the Bronco front office should all STFU. Loose lips sink ships and it appears Denver could sink the Titanic. Let the process run its course before you screw things up.... Elway has done enough of that in the past year already.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 09:26 PM

i will literally jizz in my pants if we got Manning and a few of his Colts brethren and Finnegan to start across from Champ.

spdirty
03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Also, usually Vic has followed any informative tweet with a bunch of follow up responses to people who @ him. This time - silence since the "respect the process" tweet. I think this reeks of a "shut the up and don't risk ****ing this up for us" warning from the Broncos to him.

He's also doing his show right now too.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Vic also says CBS4 will have a Cards insider on at 10:35 who says he believes Manning will sign with the Cards.

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM

Which gives it all the more credence, IMO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
How much was his last contract like 18 a year? Brees wanted 23 and they told him to kick rocks and tagged him. It's not going to be more than brees wherever he lands.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Upon further review, I reckon his source fed him a load of pony this time, we'll find out soon enough.

schaaf
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Upon further review, I reckon his source fed him a load of pony this time, we'll find out soon enough.

I'm Not sure, Vic usually makes sure he speaks the truth and has often said I have info but won't release it until he is 100 %. He ws the first one to break the suspension story with DJ, I tend to believe his source is legit

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm Not sure, Vic usually makes sure he speaks the truth and has often said I have info but won't release it until he is 100 %. He ws the first one to break the suspension story with DJ, I tend to believe his source is legit

Well it's bad either way, considering the Broncos shut him up so quickly, Manning didn't even get a chance to stick a $1m or $2m on those 2/1 odds Vegas were offering.:giggle:

Hercules Rockefeller
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Doubt it.

Vic wouldn't run with a 95% number on something like this unless it came from someone he really trusted and had come through for him in the past, not someone that was prone to make **** up.

Obviously it could be totally wrong in the end, but someone at DV (and I'd wager someone pretty high up) thinks that there's a 95% chance Manning signs here.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM

I know people keep saying this, but you can't have a bkup qb that makes what Tebow does.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, and Andrew Mason of MaxDenver.com all dispute a report that free agent Peyton Manning reached out to the Broncos on Sunday.
CBS 4 Denver's Vic Lombardi reported earlier Sunday night that the Broncos were "95 percent sure" they'd sign Manning based on the fact that he reached out to them on Sunday. Lombardi's report was debunked, both by NFL Net and the Post. Per Beisner, the Broncos had no talks with Manning on Sunday and are being "respectful of his wishes and this process." Since Manning is now considered "highly unlikely" to sign by Tuesday's opening of the free agency period, we wouldn't be surprised if he took one more visit before picking a team. We would expect a decision by Wednesday.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I know people keep saying this, but you can't have a bkup qb that makes what Tebow does.

Tebow isn't on anymore than a couple of million Cutts if even that. The Post listed all the Broncos with $4m cap hits or higher and Tim wasn't one of them. His base salary is just over $1m

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Doubt it.

Vic wouldn't run with a 95% number on something like this unless it came from someone he really trusted and had come through for him in the past, not someone that was prone to make **** up.

Obviously it could be totally wrong in the end, but someone at DV (and I'd wager someone pretty high up) thinks that there's a 95% chance Manning signs here.

Well he either got bad info or the Broncos are scrambling to cover up the leak.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, and Andrew Mason of MaxDenver.com all dispute a report that free agent Peyton Manning reached out to the Broncos on Sunday.
CBS 4 Denver's Vic Lombardi reported earlier Sunday night that the Broncos were "95 percent sure" they'd sign Manning based on the fact that he reached out to them on Sunday. Lombardi's report was debunked, both by NFL Net and the Post. Per Beisner, the Broncos had no talks with Manning on Sunday and are being "respectful of his wishes and this process." Since Manning is now considered "highly unlikely" to sign by Tuesday's opening of the free agency period, we wouldn't be surprised if he took one more visit before picking a team. We would expect a decision by Wednesday.

Burn, Lombardi! Burn!

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 09:54 PM

My guess is Vic's source is Elway, or someone close to Elway. They were fine with the 95 percent part, but the "Manning talked to us tonight tidbit." Not so much.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 09:54 PM

It's probably true in the moment. This decision is going to be largely emotional on Manning's part. He's going to base it on what his family says too. This could change from one day to another.

broncolife
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM

At first I thought it was bad info because money hasnt even been discussed yet.But people are shooting down this report rather quickly which leaves me to believe cover up.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Burn, Lombardi! Burn!

Indeed. So much for this thread.

broncolife
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
If Vic costs us Manning I'll cut his c@ck off and feed it to Bob.

I think he read your post:)

VicLombardi
Learning how powerful Twitter really is. Not trying to cause an uproar. Is this really life or death? Let's sit back and wait.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
BTW, I knew I should have taken the 18/1 vegas odds that the Broncos would land Manning. Put a couple grand down on that, and I could potentially be driving a new BMW.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM

I'm not sure why Peyton would pass so easily on giving TEN a look. If he likes weak divisions and familarity, it would be hard to beat staying in the same division. Decent o-line. Established RB.

broncolife
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
G.D.Atkins-
you tweet a boo boo Vic? Shame shame. . .

Vic Lombardi -
Nah. All good. Give it a couple days. You'll see.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Tebow isn't on anymore than a couple of million Cutts if even that. The Post listed all the Broncos with $4m cap hits or higher and Tim wasn't one of them. His base salary is just over $1m

i thought it was 860,000 and with incentives and playing time could escalate to 1.3 million or something like that.

you're the cap dude here, so i defer to your knowledge.

Orange4Life
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Someone asked Vic 'if he tweeted a boo boo. Shame shame'

Vic tweeted back, 'no give it a few days, you'll see'

Sounds like he is still confident in his information!!! At this point I'm going to just ride with Vic! He seems to have had an inside ear with Dove Valley through this whole thing

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure why Peyton would pass so easily on giving TEN a look. If he likes weak divisions and familarity, it would be hard to beat staying in the same division. Decent o-line. Established RB.

is Johnson still an established back? seems like an overrated overpayed back to me now.

also, it isn't that much of a pushover division. Houston is finally making the jump and if injuries don't factor in again they are an extremely tough team.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
is Johnson still an established back? seems like an overrated overpayed back to me now.

also, it isn't that much of a pushover division. Houston is finally making the jump and if injuries don't factor in again they are an extremely tough team.

I was gonna say. Houston is about 2 steps better than any team in the AFC West (Broncos included.)

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM

He hurt himself with the holdout. But he's not going anywhere. Peyton could go far on a team with some balance.

And if having one opponent in the division having a breakout year suddenly makes it a tough division... he might be thinking too hard.

The North is a tough division... And if the Colts had been the Colts, the Texans wouldn't have been headliners at all this year either.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I was gonna say. Houston is about 2 steps better than any team in the AFC West (Broncos included.)

Funny, considering they lost to the Fade. Before Schaub got hurt.

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Funny, considering they lost to the Fade. Before Schaub got hurt.

On a week with no Johnson or Mario. Oh and Janikowski hit three field goals over 50 yards. Oh and it was the first game after Davis' death, so not like the Faiders had anything to play for.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM
If Tebows 5 yr 33 million, or whatever he got, basically only like 1 mil a yr now? I dont know I guess they could afford to keep him. so he has made 30 million in 3 yrs, wow he shouldnt be upset lol.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Houston is a better team by far.

As far as the titans Adams comments were made BEFORE manning chose to visit the teams he wanted to see. These other team names are nothing. It's AZ or Denver. That's it. The only team that would sway him is Houston.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 10:39 PM

No hes still awesome. The team didnt block well and he wasnt in shape. Not his fault the stupid team waited that long, then paid him? What a joke. Why wait so long if you are just going to cave. They screwed themselves. A couple games at the end of the yr though he was showing he still has it. Probably not worth the money though. Hell maybe even Peterson not worth it. Not when every yr there is some good backs in draft. They just get hurt so often.

Almost a curse to have a true franchise back you have to pay. Better to have 2-3 guys like Giants always have.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
On a week with no Johnson or Mario. Oh and Janikowski hit three field goals over 50 yards. Oh and it was the first game after Davis' death, so not like the Faiders had anything to play for.

The Texans started 3-3. Would've been 2-4 had the Colts been the Colts. Fair to say, if not for the Colts implosion, the Texans likely don't make the playoffs. Kube might finally be looking for work.

Doesn't sound like all that tough a division to me. If Manning is going to win Super Bowls, winning the AFC South should be a cake walk.

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
The Texans started 3-3. Would've been 2-4 had the Colts been the Colts. Fair to say, if not for the Colts implosion, the Texans likely don't make the playoffs. Kube might finally be looking for work.

Doesn't sound like all that tough a division to me. If Manning is going to win Super Bowls, winning the AFC South should be a cake walk.

And a team that went 8-8 won our division

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Oh and we only went 3-3 in ours

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Oh and we only went 3-3 in ours

WTF are you talking about.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
It's not how you start it's how you finish and the texans overcame huge injuries to their top skilled players. They beat ravens if they have schaub that game.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:48 PM
It's not how you start it's how you finish and the texans overcame huge injuries to their top skilled players. They beat ravens if they have schaub that game.

I've got nothing against Houston. Just saying how it is. 2010 Indy wins that division going away. Houston goes home.

If you shy away from the South because you're afraid of the Houston Texans, your chances of Super Bowl glory are slim to none. I can see not wanting Brady twice a year. But you can't be afraid of every decent team in the conference.

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
G.D.Atkins-
you tweet a boo boo Vic? Shame shame. . .

Vic Lombardi -
Nah. All good. Give it a couple days. You'll see.

I think Vic's got it. He knows he's got it, was told to shut up, and now it's killing him that he has to play it cool. :strong:

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
No hes still awesome. The team didnt block well and he wasnt in shape. Not his fault the stupid team waited that long, then paid him? What a joke. Why wait so long if you are just going to cave. They screwed themselves. A couple games at the end of the yr though he was showing he still has it. Probably not worth the money though. Hell maybe even Peterson not worth it. Not when every yr there is some good backs in draft. They just get hurt so often.

Almost a curse to have a true franchise back you have to pay. Better to have 2-3 guys like Giants always have.

Johnson was in decline the year before he got paid. 2000 yard season 3 seasons ago, then declined to 1300 the year after to 1000 last season. the Titans should have let him walk, because he is at best a 1200 yard back now.

Jeff Fisher said it best when he talked to LenDale White several years ago before drafting him. "I am going to be looking for your replacement in 4 years."

sad truth to the NFL and especially the RB position, don't get attached to players.

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
WTF are you talking about.

I was making a point that we really aren't in that tough of a division either. If the winning team makes it at 8-8, it should also be a cake walk here for Manning.

BroncoMan4ever
I think Vic's got it. He knows he's got it, was told to shut up, and now it's killing him that he has to play it cool. :strong:

what do you think, Elway called him up and was like, "you jackass, i told you it was almost done in secret. now fix it!"

broncolife
Gary Miller
Broncos don't want to appear cocky or presumptuous. They don't have a deal yet but they feel very good about their chances.

Gary Miller
Vic reported what he was told from very reliable source. He didn't say it was done deal. He simply reported Broncos confidence has grown.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
2011 texans > 2010 texans

Rick smith did an excellent job building that team. 2010. Worst defense in the league 2011 best defense. Hired a fired defensive minded HC. Hopefully we have that kind of success with our new recently fired HC now DC

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Gary Miller
Broncos don't want to appear cocky or presumptuous. They don't have a deal yet but they feel very good about their chances.

Gary Miller
Vic reported what he was told from very reliable source. He didn't say it was done deal. He simply reported Broncos confidence has grown.

This makes the most sense in the context of the Tweet.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Gary Miller

Gary Miller

LOL Vic backed himself into a corner here.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I was making a point that we really aren't in that tough of a division either. If the winning team makes it at 8-8, it should also be a cake walk here for Manning.

If the goal is to win the cupcakiest division, then maybe you're onto something. Not exactly the best way to prepare for playoffs though. Maybe that's been Peyton's problem all along.

I'm not saying the South is the worst conference in football. But it's not anywhere near tough enough that the mighty Peyton Manning should be afraid of it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
If the goal is to win the cupcakiest division, then maybe you're onto something. Not exactly the best way to prepare for playoffs though. Maybe that's been Peyton's problem all along.

I'm not saying the South is the worst conference in football. But it's not anywhere near tough enough that the mighty Peyton Manning should be afraid of it.

The south had 2 teams with winning records. West had none. That makes the south better than the west. So tebows goal is to win in the cupcakiest division?

I don't think manning is afraid of it at all. He would jump at the chance to play for Houston

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM

I misunderstood, I thought you were making an argument for him to go there because of how easy it was, I was just saying ours isn't any harder.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 11:01 PM
The south had 2 teams with winning records. West had none. That makes the south better than the west. So tebows goal is to win in the cupcakiest division?

So the Titans>Broncos... but Manning's best Lombardimatic machine is in Denver...

you might want to flowchart that out.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I misunderstood, I thought you were making an argument for him to go there because of how easy it was, I was just saying ours isn't any harder.

No, but the combination of a better O Line, a running game based around something other than Tebow, and complete familarity with his division opponents (which apparently is important to him) should be interesting to him from everything I've been told.

go_broncos
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Manning will not be a bronco..I trust EFX in a negative way..

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 11:05 PM
what do you think, Elway called him up and was like, "you jackass, i told you it was almost done in secret. now fix it!"

Yes, something like that. 8')

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Manning will not be a bronco..I trust EFX in a negative way..

I saw it on the Mane, it has to be true

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
So the Titans>Broncos... but Manning's best Lombardimatic machine is in Denver...

you might want to flowchart that out.

You don't pay attention. Teams I've picked that has best chance to win a SB are Houston AZ and Niners. Team I want him to go to is broncos.

It's simple.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 11:10 PM
You don't pay attention. Teams I've picked that has best chance to win a SB are Houston AZ and Niners. Team I want him to go to is broncos.

It's simple.

Wow. Derailing just for the hell of it... interesting.

Hulamau
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Manning contacted them tonight.... Yesˇ! ˇ! ˇ!

Sounding good!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Wow. Derailing just for the hell of it... interesting.

Derailing what? It's clear who I want. Has been. Its hilarious how personal you people take critiques or hate or whatever you call it about tebow.

extralife
03-12-2012, 12:13 AM

So let me follow your magnificent argument here: we shouldn't get Peyton Manning because he's not good enough to win. he should, however, go to the south because the south is an easy division. the evidence that the south is easy is that it's current champion, the texans, would not be the champions if manning were playing because he would have beaten them and been the champion of the division.

guys, manning isn't good enough because he's good enough and we shouldn't want him because if we had him you could pencil us in for wins over a team that was on pace to be the AFC's top seed until it lost its three best players, and then nevertheless won a playoff game. and we wouldn't want to beat teams like that because if we did then it would show that manning isn't good enough precisely because of empirical evidence that he is good enough.

Durango
03-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Just a hunch here, but I bet Manning makes, or has already made a tentative decision, then puts equal weight into the sentiments of his family, most importantly, his wife. She has to survive the media mania just as much as Peyton does, and my guess is her opinion, along with the feelings of his father and brothers will carry the day.

Also, Manning wants to feel comfortable from the get-go, and with friends like Todd Helton and Brandon Stokley around, he won't feel like he's in a box here

KCStud
03-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't know, this chiefs fan on here that knows everything about football posted this a few days ago...

:spit:

Yeah go ahead and throw big money at a 36 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries without having him workout for you. Great idea.

extralife
03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
But wait, I thought:

Say what you want, but if KC gets Manning we own the division until he's gone. 11th ranked defense last year without Berry and a good WR corps and Jamaal Charles is already a good cast.
Put Manning with that supporting cast and it's over. Manning at 50% is better than any QB in the division.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah go ahead and throw big money at a 36 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries without having him workout for you. Great idea.

the Chorfs threw big money at a career backup who had last played a meaningful game in high school before injury to Brady. not exactly room to talk **** about a rival going after Manning.

Punisher
03-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Just get it done

Jetmeck
03-12-2012, 01:47 AM

changing your tune now that manning won't give your loser organization a call back ?

cutthemdown
03-12-2012, 02:13 AM
changing your tune now that manning won't give your loser organization a call back ?

Oh man this is classic. Do we ever have a non drama offseason anymore?

ward63
03-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Schefter said that he won't make a decision by Tuesday. Not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to know before free agency.

ol#7
03-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Schefter said that he won't make a decision by Tuesday. Not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to know before free agency.

Exactly. PM is the FA carrot. WTH do they do if he takes his time weighing the pros and cons?

SoDak Bronco
03-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Exactly. PM is the FA carrot. WTH do they do if he takes his time weighing the pros and cons?

The FO will have a real,good idea how this thing will turnout come Tuesday. I wouldn't worry too much, he won't hamstring the team he is going to sign with.

EmpireOrange
03-12-2012, 04:22 AM

"keep Tebow." That's no going to happen. The Teboners have made Tebow impossible for Elway to keep around. He comes with too much baggage, Teboners are a distraction and therefore Tebow can't possibly be kept. I'm sure it has already been agreed upon between manning and Elway that Tebow will be traded after the announcement.

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2012, 04:23 AM
if it's true that PM isn't going to have his mind made up before Tuesday deadline, that means to me that he's waiting on another team to swoop in...

if he truly was sold on Denver as some think, he'd be making his decision sooner....

Drek
03-12-2012, 04:25 AM

The Broncos can still start working on their defensive needs. We aren't bringing in a wealth of offensive talent without Manning, and they'll be his guys who likely will wait until he's found a new home to follow.

So when FA opens we should be pushing hard to lock up our defensive targets ASAP, regardless of who our QB might be.

KCStud
03-12-2012, 04:46 AM
But wait, I thought:

Yeah he'd be a good signing, but there is a difference between our talent and yours. Denver doesn't have electric players on offense.

And teams not wanting to work out Manning and offer him a deal are stupid.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Yeah he'd be a good signing, but there is a difference between our talent and yours. Denver doesn't have electric players on offense.

And teams not wanting to work out Manning and offer him a deal are stupid.

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters on this site. And I'm not just saying that because you are a Chiefs fan.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Mortensen said on Mike & Mike this morning that PM isn't going to be be hurried and that he doesn't expect a decision until the end of the week at the earliest. So we were hearing "by Tuesday", and now it's "maybe by the end of the week". Blah.

cmhargrove
03-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Mortensen said on Mike & Mike this morning that PM isn't going to be be hurried and that he doesn't expect a decision until the end of the week at the earliest. So we were hearing "by Tuesday", and now it's "maybe by the end of the week". Blah.

It must suck to be the Cards or Kevin Kolb. Don't they owe him $7 mil this week? In one fell swoop, they could clean house (several players) and sign Manning - it could be mayhem.

Steve Sewell
03-12-2012, 05:52 AM

Again that doesn't compute if we're to believe that Manning wants to give his new team the opportunity to pursue the free agents that they'll need. That is, unless those free agents are his Colts chronies who will simply wait to see where he lands before signing.

However, the longer this drags on, the better chance the Broncos have at landing him since they have such a favorable cap situation.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 05:56 AM
"keep Tebow." That's no going to happen. The Teboners have made Tebow impossible for Elway to keep around. He comes with too much baggage, Teboners are a distraction and therefore Tebow can't possibly be kept. I'm sure it has already been agreed upon between manning and Elway that Tebow will be traded after the announcement.

Yeah yeah it's not John's fault at all. Best chance to win was all the Teboners' fault.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Schefter called the Broncos the “favorites,” while acknowledging that the Cardinals are still “in contention.” The Dolphins seem to have been pushed to the backburner, though, since the South Florida frenzy that left Manning wary of joining Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland’s team.

The fact that Manning is also done with visits suggests other interested teams like the Titans are not being given serious consideration.

These things can change at any moment, but the Broncos and Cardinals are the clear-cut frontrunners to sign Manning at this point, with Denver possessing a slight edge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/manning-not-expected-to-visit-any-more-teams/

Rabb
03-12-2012, 07:21 AM
It must suck to be the Cards or Kevin Kolb. Don't they owe him $7 mil this week? In one fell swoop, they could clean house (several players) and sign Manning - it could be mayhem.

Yep, they have until Saturday to decide on Kolb and they would need every penny for PM from what I gather

bendog
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
SF scares me. I read they're having contract difficulties with Alex Smith, and may try to jump in. Manning could sit in a rocking chair with that running attack and defense.

Gcver2ver3
03-12-2012, 07:49 AM
SF scares me. I read they're having contract difficulties with Alex Smith, and may try to jump in. Manning could sit in a rocking chair with that running attack and defense.

the person it should scare is Alex Smith...

i know he wants as much money as possible, but the timing could blow up in his face...

Gallandro
03-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Yep, they have until Saturday to decide on Kolb and they would need every penny for PM from what I gather

Not really. There's been a lot of talk of keeping both QBs on the roster, or retaining Kolb to trade him to Cleveland. They have a lot of options for cap space as they brought in a number of one and done players to fill gaps. Most of their major players have long term deals and there is a lot of speculation that Fitzgerald will restructure his contract to make it happen for AZ.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Not really...

I agree, although after all the maneuvering they'd need to do they still won't have the kind of $ the Broncos will have to make other moves.

Chris
03-12-2012, 09:16 AM
if it's true that PM isn't going to have his mind made up before Tuesday deadline, that means to me that he's waiting on another team to swoop in...

if he truly was sold on Denver as some think, he'd be making his decision sooner....

SF is they don't resign Smith.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 09:20 AM
SF is they don't resign Smith.

SF is not in the picture right now...they are "confident" a deal with Alex Smith is close to being finalized. being in Nor Cal i get alot of niner news. they are also going to work out randy moss

Mogulseeker
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM

SF makes a ton of sense for Peyton, and frankly I'm surprised it's Denver and Arizona getting all the talk.

The Niners have the cap room, and they become instant Super Bowl contenders with Manning on that roster.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM

That... or Vic Lombardi just has foot-in-mouth disease.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
SF makes a ton of sense for Peyton, and frankly I'm surprised it's Denver and Arizona getting all the talk.

The Niners have the cap room, and they become instant Super Bowl contenders with Manning on that roster.

Alex Smith has shown a lot of improvement, especially under Harbaugh. Why disrupt something that is obviously working?

Kid A
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I do have to imagine the Manning possibility has given the 49ers some leverage, and Alex incentive to get a deal done ASAP.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-12-2012, 10:13 AM
niner do make sense...its been 7 years Smith has had a chance to shine...this year their record reflects their record breaking defense...i dont even think Smith had a 300 yard game...what smith wasnt doing was turning the ball over..managing a game..hes got alot of OCs and HCs fired...some had it coming though(singletary)...houston makes the best sense of all had they have cap room or Manning wanted to play for peanuts.

Kaylore
03-12-2012, 10:15 AM
niner do make sense...its been 7 years Smith has had a chance to shine...this year their record reflects their record breaking defense...i dont even think Smith had a 300 yard game...what smith wasnt doing was turning the ball over..managing a game..hes got alot of OCs and HCs fired...some had it coming though(singletary)...houston makes the best sense of all had they have cap room or Manning wanted to play for peanuts.

There's the rub; Zona and Houston have no room.