PDA

View Full Version : As of 5:23 on CBS 4

ChampBailey24
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
vic says that sources say its 80% towards denver. and denver and arizona are the only teams remaining.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm monitoring his wiki page. They always know first. ;D

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM
F5 Wiki F5 Wiki F5 Wiki.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM
The poop has become authentic.

hades
03-11-2012, 05:34 PM
My wife was watching CNN and said they had something about the Denver Dr's didn't clear Manning to play. I can't find anything mentioning this, so maybe it is because no Dr's actually looked at him, and not that they said he "failed" the tests.

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 05:34 PM
It's like watching a bunch of lemmings over joyed waiting for their own slaughter.. lol

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
vic says that sources say its 80% towards denver. and denver and arizona are the only teams remaining.

who are Vic's sources?

where the **** has Schefter been with the news today? he is the only guy i listen to when it comes to details that are likely true.

Lev Vyvanse
03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
What about now?

TheDave
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Good god I'm going to be pissed if this doesn't happen...

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
It's like watching a bunch of lemmings over joyed waiting for their own slaughter.. lol

JUST LEAVE ALREADY

ChampBailey24
who are Vic's sources?

where the **** has Schefter been with the news today? he is the only guy i listen to when it comes to details that are likely true.

Not sure who they are he didnt say. But he said they were the same sources that told him denver would be a top spot for peyton on wednesday.

OBF1
In other news, I heard on the interweb that the raiders are moving back to Los Angeles.

ChampBailey24
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Frisian said this in the other thread

"He says his sources are within Dove Valley, so the Broncos believe they are the frontrunners by a long shot."

DomCasual
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
who are Vic's sources?

He said something about one of his sources being a guy named EmpireOrange. I don't know the other one.

OBF1
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
this thread is 19 minutes old... new thread please.

DomCasual
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
JUST LEAVE ALREADY

Seriously. If we sign Manning and trade Tebow, have we gotten commitments from anyone to leave? It's probably time to start getting some of this memorialized in a contract.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
MORE MANNING COWBELL!!!

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/53534-bobbonew/534/46/picard_make_it_so_number_1_display.jpg

elsid13
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Seriously. If we sign Manning and trade Tebow, have we gotten commitments from anyone to leave? It's probably time to start getting some of this memorialized in a contract.

With our luck, he will just stick around and whine about Tebow.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM

McGoober said he will

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 05:46 PM
who are Vic's sources?

His sources are as good as anyone's, and it could be Elway himself. He used to host the John Elway show, so he probably has a good relationship with him.

For those that want Manning, this is great news, and very likely credible.

The only thing I want to know is "what about the other 20%?"

tsiguy96
03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
i would highly guess his source is one of the three, and probably elway since hes the guy in charge of all this. just based on how this all has been going down and his reports have been dead on every time...

R8R H8R
McGoober said he will

I am not holding my breath.

spdirty
link?

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
this thread is 19 minutes old... new thread please.

Hilarious!

CEH
03-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Truth of the matter is, unless your "source" is Manning, you're guessing. We're all guessing. That's why I hate these kinda stories

Lev Vyvanse
03-11-2012, 05:52 PM
link?

http://www.9news.com/story.php?p=3511977 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3511977&postcount=1)

TonyR
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Sad thing is we probably won't know until Tuesday. It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas.

IHaveALight
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
The feces has emerged as veritable.

Dutch
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
JUST LEAVE ALREADY

Do me a favor and quit quoting him. You're F'ing up the whole point of putting the idiot on ignore, 'Bro. Hopefully he will be gone soon enough.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
So, Arizona sources think they are frontrunners for Manning.. and Denver sources believe they are frontrunners for Manning. Not really surprising, and we won't know more probably until tomorrow at the earliest. Maybe Tuesday or later.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Sad thing is we probably won't know until Tuesday. It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas.

And then getting a sweater.

rock
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Can't believe you guys are excited about a 36 year old QB who sat out last year with a NECK injury. A NECK INJURY.

If the Broncos DO sign him, they are officially reaching. First Cutler, now this...

Not to mention how they are treating Tebow. Hope Tebow does go somewhere else. The Broncos obviously don't want him.

So irritated with this crap. "Let's hang our season on a guy who only needs to take one hit to send him to the IR".

Punisher
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
At this point if we don't land manning I'm pretty much gonna cry

peacepipe
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Can't believe you guys are excited about a 36 year old QB who sat out last year with a NECK injury. A NECK INJURY.

If the Broncos DO sign him, they are officially reaching. First Cutler, now this...

Not to mention how they are treating Tebow. Hope Tebow does go somewhere else. The Broncos obviously don't want him.

So irritated with this crap. "Let's hang our season on a guy who only needs to take one hit to send him to the IR".that can be said about every player in the league.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM

So irritated with this crap. "Let's hang our season on a guy who only needs to take one hit to send him to the IR".

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/He_Mad.jpg

Dutch
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
So, Arizona sources think they are frontrunners for Manning.. and Denver sources believe they are frontrunners for Manning. Not really surprising, and we won't know more probably until tomorrow at the earliest. Maybe Tuesday or later.

ThisLOL! ESPN and NFL Network both say a decision will not come before Tuesday and could be the end of the week. I would think if Peyton was leaning one way or the other, he would get it done in order to allow the new team to work the contracts/moves needed to bring in his buddies (Saturday, Clark, Wayne).

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Tebow is probably going elsewhere. That should be obvious at this point. Even I, who felt the Broncos could just be entering the negotiations to push up the price for the Chiefs or another team, realize that isn't likely. They want Manning and if they fail, they will bring in another QB.

Taco John
03-11-2012, 06:04 PM

http://i.imgur.com/hGaOb.jpg

OBF1
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hGaOb.jpg

El Guapo loves sweater

Taco John
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
El Guapo loves sweater

Would you say he loves it a plethora?

Punisher
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
ThisLOL! ESPN and NFL Network both say a decision will not come before Tuesday and could be the end of the week. I would think if Peyton was leaning one way or the other, he would get it done in order to allow the new team to work the contracts/moves needed to bring in his buddies (Saturday, Clark, Wayne).

^5

Heyneck
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
that can be said about every player in the league.

yup...but more likely on someone with 4 neck surgeries....

myMind
03-11-2012, 06:15 PM
This blind belief that Manning will automatically make us contenders, regardless of the fact that he is past his prime and not even a proven commodity anymore, is mind boggling. It reminds me of people getting all hyped up for a fire sale at some place selling antique trophies. I'll go along with whatever happens, because Im a team first guy, but id rather put the teams future in Tebows hands for the long term, rather than Manning for the short term. Which will most certainly be short term, as I dont see Manning lasting the whole season. Id gladly eat my words if I am wrong though.

Dutch
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Almost as irritated as I am with the idiots who keep spouting this crap. If there was any chance, and I mean ANY CHANCE that he was this fragile I don't believe Archie, his wife, or the doctors would let him do this.

A Neck Injury, OMG, A NECK INJURY!!!!!! Give me an FN break (your typing fingers, please). I broke my neck in '90 racing motorcross when another bike landed on the back of my head at over 30 MPH, falling on it from 30+ feet. Fused the C6 and C7 and holy smokes, wait for it.....raced the next season and won a share of the championship even though I wrecked big time at least 12 times that season and took at least 7 major shots to the head, upper back, and neck areas. Low and behold, here I am over 20 years later without any problems in the world from it. I had mine fixed by Naval Surgeons in Hawaii while on active duty. Got a hunch; just a hunch mind you, that Peyton's MDs were a bit more qualified/specialized/expensive than mine. You internet MDs amaze me. So much expertise, who would have guessed? As for Tebow, love the kid...truly. Wish nothing but the best for him, and would hope we can find a way to keep him as I believe he will be a tremendous QB in the NFL with some quality coaching and work on his mechanics, so don't label me a hater as my track record over this last year supporting him speaks for itself. However, if you don't think bringing Peyton changes everything about this teams prospects right now....well, go back to playing Madden and your fagasy football league and quit mucking up a BRONCOS web site with your drivel.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM

A sweater? More The Boba Fett that shoots red missiles.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Chris weinke had the surgery years ago when it wasn't as advanced. He went on to win the national championship and played several years in the pros. He was younger than manning when the surgery took place but medical advances have taken place since then. Mannings neck is stronger than its ever been now. It's just the area around it has a SMALL percentage of degenerating. But thats likely to happen well after retirement. His surgery is actually a simple one that is out patient based. Surgery in the morning home in the afternoon. Doesnt help he had more after, but the initial surgery is relatively easy.

errand
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM

And you're like a slow witted balding man, clinging to scraps of hair, denying you're losing it, and telling everyone else that they're crazy.

spdirty
03-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Almost as irritated as I am with the idiots who keep spouting this crap. If there was any chance, and I mean ANY CHANCE that he was this fragile I don't believe Archie, his wife, or the doctors would let him do this.

A Neck Injury, OMG, A NECK INJURY!!!!!! Give me an FN break (your typing fingers, please). I broke my neck in '90 racing motorcross when another bike landed on the back of my head at over 30 MPH, falling on it from 30+ feet. Fused the C6 and C7 and holy smokes, wait for it.....raced the next season and won a share of the championship even though I wrecked big time at least 12 times that season and took at least 7 major shots to the head, upper back, and neck areas. Low and behold, here I am over 20 years later without any problems in the world from it. I had mine fixed by Naval Surgeons in Hawaii while on active duty. Got a hunch; just a hunch mind you, that Peyton's MDs were a bit more qualified/specialized/expensive than mine. You internet MDs amaze me. So much expertise, who would have guessed? As for Tebow, love the kid...truly. Wish nothing but the best for him, and would hope we can find a way to keep him as I believe he will be a tremendous QB in the NFL with some quality coaching and work on his mechanics, so don't label me a hater as my track record over this last year supporting him speaks for itself. However, if you don't think bringing Peyton changes everything about this teams prospects right now....well, go back to playing Madden and your fagasy football league and quit mucking up a BRONCOS web site with your drivel.
No point to even bother with guys like this. The mantra will be 1 hit and its over, 1 hit and its over, blah blah blah. I don't let it bother me. Just let em bitch because in bitching about it they feel smarter.

We get Manning and fun times are back. And if that 1 hit comes and its over, oh well...at least we went for it.

errand
03-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Man, these nuthuggers are like shark's teeth, we lose one, and another pops right in behind it.

bronco610
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Man, these nuthuggers are like shark's teeth, we lose one, and another pops right in behind it.

When did we lose one?

55CrushEm
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Yeah....then you open the present, to find out it's broken.

errand
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
When did we lose one?

I'm sure a few have stopped posting....at least one could hope.

Dutch
03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Would you say he loves it a plethora?

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
El Guapo: Many pinatas?
Jefe: Oh yes, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A *plethora*.
Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

GreatBronco16
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=rock;3512050] I broke my neck in '90 racing motorcross when another bike landed on the back of my head at over 30 MPH, falling on it from 30+ feet.

You race motorcross at 30mph?? Hilarious!

sorry had to

Dutch
03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Dutch;3512086]
No point to even bother with guys like this. The mantra will be 1 hit and its over, 1 hit and its over, blah blah blah. I don't let it bother me. Just let em b**** because in b****ing about it they feel smarter.

We get Manning and fun times are back. And if that 1 hit comes and its over, oh well...at least we went for it.

Agreed, and I know, 'Bro. It still drives me nuts the way these "medical experts" get off making these projections. Is there a risk? Sure there is. Is it a given that the guy is an IR candidate just 1 hit away from being a paraplegic? No. Just typical internet "experts" living in Mom's basement with no knowledge of what they speak. Get tired of it is all.

Dutch
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Dutch;3512086]

You race motorcross at 30mph?? Hilarious!

sorry had to

Coming off of a 180 degree stop-and-go hairpin into a downhill tabletop to a double jump (we could do the full triple on 500cc 2 strokes, but not on the 250's). You couldn't over gas it or you would overshoot the backside of the double (what the hairball did that landed on my grape). So yeah, 30 MPh was probably about right. Top speed on the main strait was closer to 55-60 in 5th gear, but those tracks in Japan were tight and mostly verticle (up the mountain/down the mountain). Only place I've ever ridden with 4 foot sand (black volcanic sand) whoops on an uphill 45 degree slope! Awesome stuff, and frankly I've never ridden anything here in the states that compared with it outside of maybe Buds Creek.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM

So irritated with this crap."Let's hang our season on a guy who only needs to take one hit to send him to the IR".

Epic post, deserves and epic score...

Sir, the Flying Dutchman:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HqezCR_XzaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sinuous sausage
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=spdirty;3512093]

Agreed, and I know, 'Bro. It still drives me nuts the way these "medical experts" get off making these projections. Is there a risk? Sure there is. It is a given that the guy is an IR candidate just 1 hit away from being a paraplegic? No. Just typical internet "experts" living in Mom's basement with no knowledge of what they speak. Get tired of it is all.

It has nothing to do w/ risk or homespun medical diagnostics.

Peyton Manning won one SB as a Colt, a franchise that has had a much more robust roster in the last 13 years than the one we're currently sitting on. Plus, he's 36 and Tim (the gay who, again, took a 1-4 franchise to the divisional round of the playoffs) is 24. Accusing those who are circumspect about the whole prospect of mortgaging our future of being "nuthuggers" is just plain stoopid. It's really a debate about the likelihood of the Broncos winning a SB in the next three years w/ PM at the helm against the likelihood of the Broncos winning a SB in the next five years with TT...a debate that is very legitimate. I won't even mention the suspect way the organization is going about this.

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM

lol...as ridiculous as you are about this and all other things Tebow related, this one was pretty funny...

ScottXray
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
This blind belief that Manning will automatically make us contenders, regardless of the fact that he is past his prime and not even a proven commodity anymore, is mind boggling. It reminds me of people getting all hyped up for a fire sale at some place selling antique trophies. I'll go along with whatever happens, because Im a team first guy, but id rather put the teams future in Tebows hands for the long term, rather than Manning for the short term. Which will most certainly be short term, as I dont see Manning lasting the whole season. Id gladly eat my words if I am wrong though.

Thinking exactly the same way. If Manning comes to Denver great...Even at 20 million a year if he's the OLD manning Ok.

But hes one hit from never playing again. I have no doubt that Manning believes he is not done and there is no one else who lives eats , ****s and breathes football like he does. He was brilliant at what he does, for many years.
But when that hit happens ,or something else lesser, that only sidelines him for a few weeks, we are going to need a good QB to back him up. Maybe Tebow is that guy if his mechanics can be corrected and he is coached up. But the team is putting a whole let of eggs in a rather old basket, and they aren't going to throw many resources at Tebow. Maybe they think Weber is good enough. Maybe Quinn. But more resources have to go into this to make it work and there is no guarantee that it will , even if we get everything else needed. (TE , Center, guard, DT, LB 's,CB) through the draft or FA.

How much is Bowlen willing to spend?: and How long? Because if this doesn't work , PM gets hurt, Tebow is sacrificed or traded, we miss the playoffs , much less the Superbowl, and 3 years from now still aren't there John Elway, Fox and Xanders are writing their tickets off the team and into the record books. Especially if Tebow performs somewhere else.

I see this as a waste of an asset we already have, and proof that Elway and Fox just don't recognise that talent or know how to use it properly.
If Tebow stays the only way he gets on the field is as a FB or maybe TE. Until PM gets hurt. Then we are screwed.

Requiem
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a ****ty feeling this feel good bag of molly the media is pumping about us being the frontrunners is going to end up turning into a sack of salt. ****.

McDman
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
McGoober said he will

Please cut Tebow! Please cut Tebow! Please cut Tebow!

Steve Sewell
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Every single player in the NFL is one hit away from never playing again. Just sayin'

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a ****ty feeling this feel good bag of molly the media is pumping about us being the frontrunners is going to end up turning into a sack of salt. ****.

Well you started thinking.. that's a good start...

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Every single player in the NFL is one hit away from never playing again. Just sayin'

Yes.. but Peyton may have already had about 40 of those.. which is the point.

You are throwing away a guy who is a veritable TANK.. because Elway and Fox have no idea how to develop a QB...

Requiem
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Well you started thinking.. that's a good start...

I still know all my state capitals, dickbox. You couldn't find Oprah Winfrey's g-spot.

Dudeskey
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Thank you...

broncogary
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I still know all my state capitals, dickbox. You couldn't find Oprah Winfrey's g-spot.

Who could? ROFL!

sinuous sausage
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
**** this. I just decided I prefer Tebow long term to any possibility of Manning short term. I think the dude tears the league up after a full offseason.

sinuous sausage
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Who could? ROFL!

Oprah Winfrey is commonly known to be one big G-spot

TonyR
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
But hes one hit from never playing again.

Manning's neck is fine and is just as strong and sound as it was before he was injured. He's at no higher risk of injury than anyone else. That's not the issue with him. The issue is regaining strength from the nerve damage he has. He's slowly getting it back. The risk is his throwing arm never regaining enough strength. But stop with the neck stuff, it's just not true.

broncocalijohn
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM

The hard core ones will become trolls...well trolls for whatever team Tebow plays for in the next season.

broncogary
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Oprah Winfrey is commonly known to be one big G-spot

To each his own.

DomCasual
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch

It has nothing to do w/ risk or homespun medical diagnostics.

Peyton Manning won one SB as a Colt, a franchise that has had a much more robust roster in the last 13 years than the one we're currently sitting on. Plus, he's 36 and Tim (the gay who, again, took a 1-4 franchise to the divisional round of the playoffs) is 24. Accusing those who are circumspect about the whole prospect of mortgaging our future of being "nuthuggers" is just plain stoopid. It's really a debate about the likelihood of the Broncos winning a SB in the next three years w/ PM at the helm against the likelihood of the Broncos winning a SB in the next five years with TT...a debate that is very legitimate. I won't even mention the suspect way the organization is going about this.
See bolded. I'm pretty sure that's unsubstantiated. And I don't know why it matters.

As long as he's winning games, then I don't care what he does in the privacy of his own home.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2012, 08:33 PM
They're botching Tebow just like they did last summer .... move him FIRST.

The Jaguars are so blood-from-a-stone bankrupt, they might part with their 1st-rounder, or maybe a 2nd plus Gabbert/whatever. Minute we sign Manning though, even the Jags offer will drop.

ScottXray
03-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Every single player isn't going to get 20 million a year in salary and a bunch of FAs signed to give him an super bowl shot.

Worked well for Philly last year, didn't it?

BroncoBuff
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Colts released Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai too.

Both would fill needs here even w/o Peyton. Just sayin' ....

Broncos have already retired jersey #18, too ... so there's still a few hurdles to go.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Manning knows that Elway understands his situation better then anyone else. Manning has no time for cap problems where the team has to be gutted to sign him. Elway has been Manning age before, at end of the career, and he won 2 Superbowls in his late 30's. Elway has done what Manning wants to do, and I think it gives us a huge edge in this whole thing.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
They're botching Tebow just like they did last summer .... move him FIRST.

The Jaguars are so blood-from-a-stone bankrupt, they might part with their 1st-rounder, or maybe a 2nd plus Gabbert/whatever. Minute we sign Manning though, even the Jags offer will drop.

look at Tebow's cap number. Denver doesn't have to get rid of him for any reason other than he isn't wanted here. let him sit on the bench. use him in Tebow packages is what Denver can say they will do if teams lowball them. all Denver needs to do is make it clear that they will sit on the guy for 2 years rather than get a **** deal

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Colts released Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai too.

Both would fill needs here even w/o Peyton. Just sayin' ....

Broncos have already retired jersey #18, too ... so there's still a few hurdles to go.

i still say if Manning says he wants #18, Bowlen and Elway will both call up Tripuka and say "**** you, we are taking back this number that never should have been retired in the 1st place."

seriously, i never understood why his number was retired. he played for 3 years in Denver. granted he was the team's first QB, but he was not even any good for the team. his numbers were pedestrian even for that era. the fact that that number is retired makes absolutely no sense.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Lombardi himself reckons it's still only 50-50 and the Chiefs reckon they're still in the mix although the likelyhood is they wont get him to visit.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
im still not sold on manning probably wind up being blasted by the pats for 3 years straight then manning will retire a colt and we go back to looking for another stop gap qb isant that just awesome lets forget about finding a long term qb lets go find more jake plummers

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
now if this was eli manning it be different id take eli can we trade payton for eli

Dutch
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HqezCR_XzaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL!Hilarious! Wagner wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to the classics, but props for the "Flying Dutchman" connection. Pretty funny reading my post with the music playing in the background. If you time it right it fits pretty well! Listen guys, I've been a Broncos fan my whole life (was at Floyd Little's last game and grew up wearing his jersey). I love what Tim stands for in this day and age of "Me First", over privileged and selfish athletes. However, I do believe that signing Peyton could lead to something special......namely a Lombardi trophy. He will attract free agents that wouldn't give us a look the way we are structured now. Not saying that is fair or not, it just is what it is. In the best of worlds we would have Tim contributing in a way that only he can and learning from Peyton. Seriously. But if not, so be it. I am about the Broncos winning Super Bowls, and returning this franchise to where we belong......period. I have a lot of faith in John as I believe he has a unique perspective into what it takes to be successful at it, not to mention a tremendous drive to get us there. For those poor fools who were not here to witness the drive and passion he exhibited during his career, and who continue to run their ignorant sucks I say FO. Go away and find some site that caters to your uneducated worldview.....the Denver Post Broncos Forum would be a good place for you to start.

Dutch
03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Manning's neck is fine and is just as strong and sound as it was before he was injured. He's at no higher risk of injury than anyone else. That's not the issue with him. The issue is regaining strength from the nerve damage he has. He's slowly getting it back. The risk is his throwing arm never regaining enough strength. But stop with the neck stuff, it's just not true.

This!

HILife
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/53534-bobbonew/534/46/picard_make_it_so_number_1_display.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ZxHAZChcYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lestat
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
it took a major neck injury that kept him out for a year to keep him from playing and having a productive season.
so unless he breaks a leg, tears a ACL from a bad hit or something a long those lines the doubt of him staying healthy is a bit misplaced. his track record says he'll be fine.
Every single player isn't going to get 20 million a year in salary and a bunch of FAs signed to give him an super bowl shot.

Worked well for Philly last year, didn't it?

ScottXray
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
This!

Of course ALL players are only one hit from being out of the league.

Luck ( not Andrew) is the biggest factor. But....

1. The older you get the slower you heal. Peyton is 36...
not OLD , but he has taken a beating to some extent. It takes
longer to recover from injury, even if you are physically fit and healthy, after so much wear and tear. Reinjuring the same area would probably result in the END of his playing days, unless he gets very lucky. Other injuries ( knee, collar bone break are addtional factors. Peyton does take care of his body pretty well. Eventually, luck runs out for everyone.

2. Surgically repaired, the neck Might be fine for most purposes. But the nerve bundles that have been previously damaged, can be re-damaged or even more severely damaged if another injury does occur. Previously injured areas are probably more likely to sustain damage under stress than completely uninjured areas.

3. He has had 3 ( edit ..FOUR)surgeries in the last 2 years on his neck. As you said it is whether he will get close to full strength back in his throwing motion that is the question. That IS the immediate question.

WE need to have a Backup that can go in at any point . The odds are that
we will need that person to be able to go the first year, at some point. whether its just for one, or for multiple games.

Dutch
03-12-2012, 12:17 AM

Heh heh heh....one more thing, don't call me "sir", I work for a living!

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:47 AM
im still not sold on manning probably wind up being blasted by the pats for 3 years straight then manning will retire a colt and we go back to looking for another stop gap qb isant that just awesome lets forget about finding a long term qb lets go find more jake plummers

what option for a long term guy is there? Tebow hasn't shown enough ability throwing the ball to have more than what he has now. in the draft outside of Luck there are projects and hopefuls. Next year unless we draft in the top 3 we have no shot at the 2 best QB prospects. and beyond that, who knows what the future QB crops will yield.

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2012, 12:53 AM

i agree. regardless of how much he wanted to play or how much he loves the game, if his doctors were telling him any hit to the neck will permanantly damage him or give him an irreparable injury, he wouldn't be looking for a new job. he is looking because his doctors have given his neck the thumbs up and are telling him he just needs to work to regain full strength again, just like any player with any other type of injury.

if Manning's game were built on athleticism like Tebow and additional shots were likely, then there would be probably very little chance of him looking for new work. but since his game is built on football intelligence and he is less likely to be hit as often than he is goo to go

TonyR
03-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Doctors say the area of Peyton Manning's neck where two vertebrae were fused should be stronger than ever. That doesn't mean there won't be risks medically and monetarily for the NFL team that pays big bucks to sign the quarterback after he was released this week by the Indianapolis Colts.

Manning missed last season after the fusion surgery. He had had another surgery the previous May to fix a bulging disk. The fusion was to remedy a nerve problem that had weakened his right (throwing) arm.

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

Rick Sasso, an Indianapolis spine surgeon who, like Hsu, was not involved in Manning's treatment, agrees. "As long as the fusion was solid, that segment is very protected," he said.

Sasso says the surgery Manning had, known medically as a "single level anterior fusion," is common. He estimates he has performed about 1,500 of them.

"It's one of the most routine operations we do now as spine surgeons. We do it as an out-patient. Most out-patients go home about four hours after the operation is done,' Sasso said.

They don't typically go on to play in the NFL, but it does happen.

Both say that doesn't preclude Manning having a disk problem in another level of his spine. "That has been known to occur. That is called adjacent segment degeneration," Hsu said.

Said Sasso: "A lot of it is genetic. We're born with the genes that have a higher propensity for these disks to wear out."

In 2010, Hsu published a study of 99 NFL players who had sustained herniated disks: 53 had surgeries and 46 opted for non-surgical treatments. Hsu found players who had surgeries had higher return-to-play rates and longer careers than those who had not.

According to his study, 38 of the 53 players who had surgery returned to play for 29 games over an ensuing 2.8-year period that was analyzed.

In 1998, then-Florida State quarterback Chris Weinke had spinal fusion surgery. He returned in 1999 to lead Florida State to an undefeated national championship season. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2000 and played in the NFL from 2001-2007.

"Peyton's issue is weakness of the muscle, and that doesn't always happen," says Hsu. "So that made his (outcome) more unpredictable as well."

Then there is the nerve issue.

"The question is whether his nerve was compressed for too long and whether it's got a chance of getting better or not and whether it is getting better," Sasso said.

Manning's father, Archie, recently told The Indianapolis Star that Peyton has been throwing fine for two months and "looked like Peyton."

What does Hsu expect from Manning moving forward?

"From all the reports of him throwing and how the X-rays and MRI look it's a pretty popular topic among my circle I think he's going to be back," Hsu said. "It will remain to been seen whether he will be as strong and good as he was during his MVP years.

"But I've been telling everybody that he is going to come back, and he will be one of the elite quarterbacks."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

Mogulseeker
03-12-2012, 11:17 AM
ROFL!Hilarious! Wagner wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to the classics, but props for the "Flying Dutchman" connection. Pretty funny reading my post with the music playing in the background. If you time it right it fits pretty well! Listen guys, I've been a Broncos fan my whole life (was at Floyd Little's last game and grew up wearing his jersey). I love what Tim stands for in this day and age of "Me First", over privileged and selfish athletes. However, I do believe that signing Peyton could lead to something special......namely a Lombardi trophy. He will attract free agents that wouldn't give us a look the way we are structured now. Not saying that is fair or not, it just is what it is. In the best of worlds we would have Tim contributing in a way that only he can and learning from Peyton. Seriously. But if not, so be it. I am about the Broncos winning Super Bowls, and returning this franchise to where we belong......period. I have a lot of faith in John as I believe he has a unique perspective into what it takes to be successful at it, not to mention a tremendous drive to get us there. For those poor fools who were not here to witness the drive and passion he exhibited during his career, and who continue to run their ignorant sucks I say FO. Go away and find some site that caters to your uneducated worldview.....the Denver Post Broncos Forum would be a good place for you to start.

Speaking of the Flying Dutchmen....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284335_10150261433744288_830989287_7353458_3880272 _n.jpg

That's a picture of me at the Netherlands-Sweden world cup prelim in Amsterdam when I lived in Holland. I was conflicted because I'm both Dutch and Swedish (You can't see it in the pic but I had the Swedish flag on my other cheek and I was wearing my Tre Kronor hat)... nevertheless the Dutch demolished the Swedes 4-1.

Spreek je Nederlands?