PDA

View Full Version : Manning Happy in AZ, Meh in Denver.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/567899.jpghttp://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/567897.jpg

Clearly a Smile

http://blogs.denverpost.com/littwin/files/2012/03/peyton-manning-denver-broncos.jpg

Meh

Also, Fox looks apathetic compared to Whisenhunt.

It's not looking good for us.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Quality analysis. ::)

BroncosSR
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
"Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising"

https://twitter.com/gambo620/status/178937347398832128

broncolife
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
ummm hes clearly playing pocket pool

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I see As made him carry his own bag. Xanders clearly played a bigger role in Mannings visit then we thought.

UberBroncoMan
"Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising"

Manning is friends with Whisenhunt so that clearly has pull. There's also no major distractions in AZ and they're in a dome. Still their O-Line and cap room would make me say no in his shoes.

Agamemnon

Many reports have said the same kind of stuff about the Broncos. Personally I think it's a bunch of people guessing while acting like they know what's going on. Typical sports media of today.

Gcver2ver3
cool story...

myMind
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET AZ GET HIM.

Bronco Rob
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising

ol#7
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
OK. I keep hearing this, but why would Manning prefer a dome? Astro turf is the devil.

That One Guy
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
In that first picture, you can tell he's leaning forward and that bag has some weight so there's a bit of torque on his neck in the way he's walking. Clearly he's healed.

Sign him Denver!

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Manning is friends with Whisenhunt so that clearly has pull. There's also no major distractions in AZ and they're in a dome. Still their O-Line and cap room would make me say no in his shoes.

Manning has more friends in Denver.

Ratboy
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising

Just another person making **** up so if it actually does happen, he'll look important.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 03:00 PM
OK. I keep hearing this, but why would Manning prefer a dome? Astro turf is the devil.

They roll out real grass.

cmhargrove
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
They roll out real grass.

To be technical, they roll in the real grass. The field "lives" outside, then they roll it in for game days.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I feel like saying we have to cut our starting left tackle to sign you is a great way to sale Manning. Outside of Fitzgerald and the dome I just don't see why Manning would like Az so much.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Your basing it on candid pictures?

The part going over a lot of people's heads is the report that the broncos trade tebow if manning comes here. That decision made public AFTER manning hung out with the FO. That leads me to believe HE doesn't want tebow around just as much.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET AZ GET HIM.

I hope you enjoy the Weeden era

broncolife
03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
To be technical, they roll in the real grass. The field "lives" outside, then they roll it in for game days.

:puff:

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Gingers are hot right now.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Yea he looked real sad in Denver

http://cbsmiami.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/peyton-manning-miami-beach.jpg?w=300

Smilin Assassin
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Just another person making **** up so if it actually does happen, he'll look important.

This.

If Manning signs in Zona, he becomes a reliable source.

If Manning signs elsewhere, he'll blame it on Bidwell.

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
PM been meeting with the Cards for 5 hours now...

thats an awful long time for a "courtesy" visit that some eluded this to being...

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Not only that, but if PM signs w/ Denver, the reporter can blame it on Bidwell.

BTW, if it comes down to FO & ownership, it's the Bidwell family vs. Elway & Bowlen. If that's the case, it's Denver all the way!

broncolife
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM

thats an awful long time for a "courtesy" visit that some eluded this to being...

naw they just gave him some exl-lax to keep him in the building

oubronco
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Fitzgerald is there as well

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8277880b&module=HP11_cp

That One Guy
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM

To be perfectly honest... I wouldn't be so opposed to the Blaine Gabbert era, personally.

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Gambo is just a loud mouth italian idiot. He is like bob just throws crap out and hope something sticks to say see I told you so.

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Well he isn't going to sit down for just an hour. I'm sure he is doing his homework.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I am honestly amazed how EFX has managed to paint themselves into a corner on this one. If Manning doesn't sign with Denver, they have thoroughly screwed themselves.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I am honestly amazed how EFX has managed to paint themselves into a corner on this one. If Manning doesn't sign with Denver, they have thoroughly screwed themselves.

Hyperbole much

Heyneck
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I see As made him carry his own bag. Xanders clearly played a bigger role in Mannings visit then we thought.

Yeah but Wiz let him ride shotgun... Fox sent him to the kids/dog seat...Hilarious!

Heyneck
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Gambo is just a loud mouth italian idiot. He is like bob just throws crap out and hope something sticks to say see I told you so.

Yup....he is the equivalent of Spanos.

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Not really... because they never wanted Tebow in the first place. They have no clue how to develop him or build around him. Elway.. Elway doesn't even know how to evaluate young talent.. so this is really all he is capable of... bringing in a known commodity... He has no risk in this scenario as well. if the vet fails it's their fault not his...

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Fitzgerald is there as well

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8277880b&module=HP11_cp

Is that legal? Really, I thought players were not allowed to have any contact with mgt., and vice-versa, until mid April.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Is that legal? Really, I thought players were not allowed to have any contact with mgt., and vice-versa, until mid April.

People typically don't give a **** about legalities when it comes to big stuff like these. I heard nothing of any Broncos players coming to talk with Manning so it's possible. You'd think if it was allowed we'd have had some other big names, that or Elway felt he was all they needed. What's the league going to do about it? Chargers were apparently talking to Mario Williams agent a while ago...he's still technically a Texan. It happens.

Rabb
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Fitz and Warner were there for some charity thing, I wonder if that's just a real wide loophole

myMind
03-11-2012, 04:25 PM

I hope you enjoy Tebow being the bigger man and moving past this once Manning goes to AZ. Tebow will develop into a champion at the pro level, would you rather be competitive for years to come or sell our future to watch another Montana/Favre scenario play out in Denver.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I hope you enjoy Tebow being the bigger man and moving past this once Manning goes to AZ. Tebow will develop into a champion at the pro level, would you rather be competitive for years to come or sell our future to watch another Montana/Favre scenario play out in Denver.

There's a difference between not being the bigger man and simply no longer trusting a team that has shown a pattern of lying to your face. Really, how can anyone expect Tebow to really be committed to the Broncos anymore? He's a great guy, but he's still human.

LetsGoBroncos
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Bingo

OrangeSe7en
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Many reports have said the same kind of stuff about the Broncos. Personally I think it's a bunch of people guessing while acting like they know what's going on. Typical sports media of today.

Yeah, when there are conflicting reports, someone is obviously lying. And they'll all hide behind the "I can't reveal my sources" crap as if they're real journalists.

vanbrugh
03-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Bronco Rob
03-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Michelle Beisner‏@MichelleBeisner

Manning smiled and waved to fans and the media on his way out. Now the question is, where will Manning's next stop be? #ManningWatch2012

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Michelle Beisner‏@MichelleBeisner

Manning smiled and waved to fans and the media on his way out. Now the question is, where will Manning's next stop be? #ManningWatch2012

Beisner is based out of Denver.

cabronco
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Fitz. was only able to meet with PM & others for a short time. He had a planned vacation to Australia and had to head out at 12:00 pm. I saw that on Nfl network earlier today. I was glad he couldnt stick around longer. :)

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM

I have no doubt Tebow can be the bigger man. I have doubts EFX wants him around.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Or the fans

Post Poll - Manning to Denver?</TD></TR> <TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1786"><TD class=pollsQuestion itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1789">http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/0306/20120306_054848_peyton-manning-poll.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20115482/report-colts-manning-breaking-up)

Should the Broncos try to sign Peyton Manning?
</TD></TR><TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1785"><TD class=pollsViewResults itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1794">Total Votes = 34539</TD></TR> <TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1784"><TD itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1796">
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1797"><TBODY itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1798"><TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1802"><TD class=pollsAnswer itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1803">Yes, of course they should: Hall-of-fame QB who can make an immediate difference this season.</TD></TR><TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1801"><TD class=pollsResult itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1806">http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif 23154 Votes, or 67.03 %</TD></TR><TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1800"><TD class=pollsAnswer itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1810">No way, stay far away: Tim Tebow is Denver's starter. Don't mess with the team's future.</TD></TR><TR itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1799"><TD class=pollsResult itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="1813">http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif 11385 Votes, or 32.96 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR>

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
People typically don't give a **** about legalities when it comes to big stuff like these. I heard nothing of any Broncos players coming to talk with Manning so it's possible. You'd think if it was allowed we'd have had some other big names, that or Elway felt he was all they needed. What's the league going to do about it? Chargers were apparently talking to Mario Williams agent a while ago...he's still technically a Texan. It happens.

Actually, I would think a big deal like this would make the issue even more sensitive.

However, apparently Brandon Stokely drove PM to dinner and stayed with Manning at the Cherry creek CC, along with Elway & Fox. Reportedly, he hung out with him on Saturday morning.

FWIIW, that would mean a hell of a lot more to PM than anything Fitz could say to him in the few minutes that he would have with him. Stokely could give honest info to Manning about the Broncos that isn't selfish in nature.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM

I didn't know Nike could get child labors to work that fast.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Not really. Elway and Fox don't seem to believe in Tebow. So, it's not a situation of them hurting their relationship with Tebow and maybe having to deal him when they normally wouldn't.

They're not sold on him, and Tebow only works if you're all in and building the right pieces around him. A team has to have confidence he can get better (which I think he can). Denver doesn't seem to be that team, though.

They're going after Manning and if they don't get him, then they will target someone else.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Not really. Elway and Fox don't seem to believe in Tebow. So, it's not a situation of them hurting their relationship with Tebow and maybe having to deal him when they normally wouldn't.

They're not sold on him, and Tebow only works if you're all in and building the right pieces around him. A team has to have confidence he can get better (which I think he can). Denver doesn't seem to be that team, though.

They're going after Manning and if they don't get him, then they will target someone else.

I'm not so sure about that they were presented with an opportunity to get a HOF QB and they jumped at the chance

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah, but it's not a move you make if you're sold on a young QB. Why bring Manning in for 3-5 years (if even that) if you're confident, Tebow can turn the corner and be a franchise QB? Guy's going to need another surgery after this season as well. It's a gamble signing him, but not really much of one if you don't feel you have a QB.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Not everyone is sold on Tebow that's obvious

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I think they aren't sold on their own ability to develop him... Tebow is so unique most QBs at this stage don't require THIS kind of development.. stupid people may see that as a bad thing rather than a good thing... Let's face it.. NFL people aren't very bright...

Hulamau
03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
http://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/567899.jpghttp://i.azcentral.com/commphotos/view/567897.jpg

Clearly a Smile

http://blogs.denverpost.com/littwin/files/2012/03/peyton-manning-denver-broncos.jpg

Meh

Also, Fox looks apathetic compared to Whisenhunt.

It's not looking good for us.

I think I'll shoot myself on the strength of that doomsday analysis!!

Chris
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I have no doubt Tebow can be the bigger man. I have doubts EFX wants him around.

Why would you want to play for EFX? Elway's been a duplicitous prick about the whole thing.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I think I'll shoot myself on the strength of that doomsday analysis!!

It truly is hard to dispute.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone think 32% of AZ fans don't want Manning?

The resistance in Denver would be far greater than anywhere else.

And we're not even counting the people who still think Tim and Peypey can coexist. When liar John starts talking trade things would sour in a hurry.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 07:22 PM
If Peyton didn't think Tebow would mesh with him, I'm sure the Broncos would accommodate him. Same thing if Tebow wanted out. Broncos would assist him in getting to a place where he'd have a chance to start. This will be done quietly, I imagine as not to sully Tebow's reputation or make him look bad in any way.

If Denver thinks he can get healthy by the start of the season, they'll likely give him the key to the team. Fox being a defensive minded guy fits.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
I think they aren't sold on their own ability to develop him... Tebow is so unique most QBs at this stage don't require THIS kind of development.. stupid people may see that as a bad thing rather than a good thing... Let's face it.. NFL people aren't very bright...

BS Tebow has had plenty of time to work on release, he decided he didn't want to.

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM

You either have accuracy or you don't. It's like speed and Tebow doesn't have the accuracy it requires to be a franchise QB that you can consistently win with.

huh??
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
You either have accuracy or you don't. It's like speed and Tebow doesn't have the accuracy it requires to be a franchise QB that you can consistently win with.

Oh... Are you an NFL quarterback? Might want to talk to Rich Gannon about that. He has said several times on NFL Radio that his accuracy improved after he got training from the right coach.

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh... Are you an NFL quarterback? Might want to talk to Rich Gannon about that. He has said several times on NFL Radio that his accuracy improved after he got training from the right coach.

He has had 4 years in college and 2 in pro's now. His mechanics and long windup haven't improved and neither has his accuracy. I have my doubts and have seen nothing yet that would make me think he is going to get worlds better. That is what it would take.

wandlc
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Well Steve Young also disagrees with you. Young has said on more than one occasion that he could teach Tebow how to be more accurate. Young had to work hard to become an accurate QB while he was already in the NFL.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
He has had 4 years in college and 2 in pro's now. His mechanics and long windup haven't improved and neither has his accuracy. I have my doubts and have seen nothing yet that would make me think he is going to get worlds better. That is what it would take.

Dude, his comp % was 67% in college. WTF do you expect?

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Dude, his comp % was 67% in college. WTF do you expect?

This isn't college throwing to wide open wr.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 07:22 AM
This isn't college throwing to wide open wr.

Right. The kid who finished with the highest ncaa passer rating in history needed to get way better on his 67% accuracy.

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Right. The kid who finished with the highest ncaa passer rating in history needed to get way better on his 67% accuracy.

I don't care about college stats its obvious watching in pros his accuracy is horrible. Oh yeah that was a knock coming out of college too.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 07:33 AM
I don't care about college stats its obvious watching in pros his accuracy is horrible. Oh yeah that was a knock coming out of college too.

Then why are you talking about his 4 years of college?

Some people just shouldn't drink and post.

55CrushEm
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Yep.....and no team uses the old Astro turf anymore......it's the new "field turf".....much better.

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Then why are you talking about his 4 years of college?

Some people just shouldn't drink and post.

No I actually watch the games and don't spit out stats to try and make chicken **** into chicken salad. Of course his completion percentage was high in college with all the bubble screens and shovel passes. Doesn't mean he was accurate on the throws he needs to make in NFL. Accuracy was a knock on him coming out and it still is there as an issue.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Why would you want to play for EFX? Elway's been a duplicitous prick about the whole thing.

Oh, please. Do you really think Elway would have declared Tebow the starter going into TC if he had any clue that not only was Manning going to be available, but that he would consider Denver one of his top choices? There's nothing "duplicitous" at all about that, as any objective person can see.

If Manning doesn't sign, Elway goes to Tebow and tells him the truth: "Look, this was an unusual chance to sign one of the all-time great QBs. He expressed a strong interest in signing with us, so it would have been negligent of me not to pursue that option. We still believe you can develop into a great QB, and we are going to follow through with the plan for you to enter TC as the starter." End of discussion. I'm sure as a competitor Tebow will be chaffed, but he will go on about his business and not cry about it like Cutler. But stop this garbage suggesting that Elway lied about anything. Circumstances changed. **** happens.