PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Tebow Done In Denver W/ Manning Acquisition

Ronnie Tsunami
03-11-2012, 11:05 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-11/peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals?eadid=EL/SICOM

Despite last season's playoff run and intense national interest, the Denver Broncos don't plan to keep quarterback Tim Tebow if they can sign Peyton Manning, according to a published.

The report from Pro Football Talk, which cited an unidentified "source with knowledge of the dynamics in Denver," said the team prefers to trade Tebow rather than release him.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-11/peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals?eadid=EL/SICOM#ixzz1opRra8u1

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Which is the only option anymore and that is if they don't sign Manning as well.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-11/peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals?eadid=EL/SICOM

The single anonymous source. Welcome to journalism in 2012.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
The only reason to trade Tebow is to remove the media circus. He's a bare minimum cap hit the next three years.

Requiem
03-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Trade that loser.

bowtown
03-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Which is the only option anymore and that is if they don't sign Manning as well.

According to our resident drama queen.

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
According to our resident drama queen.

Among others as well prissy boy.

IdahoBronco7
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Tebow isn't going anywhere.

Requiem
03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Among others as well prissy boy.

Shut the **** up Barry, nobody wants your bitch ass talkin' here. You got a whore mouth.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 11:21 AM
What kind of journalist dick thinks Tebow hits the waiver wire at any point without compensation??? That must be the stupidest thing I've read on here for a longtime.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Manning most likely chooses the cards. But that's not gonna stop Elway from looking elsewhere. Damage has been done between tebow and FO.

Idaho where the hell you been

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I think keeping Tebow either way now will be a huge mess for all parties involved imo.

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Manning most likely chooses the cards. But that's not gonna stop Elway from looking elsewhere. Damage has been done between tebow and FO.

Idaho where the hell you been

Yep, it's done. Matt Flynn maybe the next best option for the Broncos if Manning doesn't sign.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep, it's done. Matt Flynn maybe the next best option for the Broncos if Manning doesn't sign.

No. Then Flynn's agent just sits back, smelling the desperation, and says, "Keep throwing zeroes at me." If Manning doesn't sign, the Broncos play Tebow in 2012, and if he doesn't improve, they do whatever it takes in the draft to get Barkley.

ayjackson
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I think keeping Tebow either way now will be a huge mess for all parties involved imo.

Flip him for Gabbert....or Mallett.

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
No. Then Flynn's agent just sits back, smelling the desperation, and says, "Keep throwing zeroes at me." If Manning doesn't sign, the Broncos play Tebow in 2012, and if he doesn't improve, they do whatever it takes in the draft to get Barkley.

Play Tebow after going hard after Manning because they think the roster is close to a Super Bowl and didn't see it happening with Tebow? I would like to hear that sales job to the fans.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 11:35 AM
The only reason to trade Tebow is to remove the media circus. He's a bare minimum cap hit the next three years.

Not exactly bare minimum. Is about a $4 million cap hit per season, I believe. But low for a QB, and there is no financial reason why they'd have to move him. I think it's been a circus with Tebow, and the Broncos would probably rather move on from that. Since they don't seem to think he could be the guy.

cmhargrove
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
"source with knowledge of the dynamics in Denver.". Wow, color me impressed.

Jetmeck
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
CASSELL/CUTLER fiasco all over again just couple years after mcdumbass did this. JOHN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ?

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Play Tebow after going hard after Manning because they think the roster is close to a Super Bowl and didn't see it happening with Tebow? I would like to hear that sales job to the fans.

The majority of fans, who are not simply Tebow fanboys, will have no problem understanding the Broncos going after a HOF QB when he's available. If Tebow doesn't understand that, then he has waaay too high an opinion of his skill level.

bendog
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Could be three first round SEC qbs too. If manning goes elsewhere, I think they just have to say 'prove us wrong, tim.' McCoy already knows what added passing looks they were gonna get Timmy to try and execute.

Archie
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Tebow is cheap for the rest of his contract. So, either get great value for him or keep him. No reason to trade him for nothing or to release him.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
The majority of fans, who are not simply Tebow fanboys, will have no problem understanding the Broncos going after a HOF QB when he's available. If Tebow doesn't understand that, then he has waaay too high an opinion of his skill level.

I personally dont have a problem with Timmy starting next season, but i do kind of think Elway would prefer me taking snaps to him. If Peyton doesn't sign here, my best guess is Brandon Weeden is taking snaps for us and we sign some dumb, mediocre veteran for too much money (henne, campbell, pick your poo)

Tombstone RJ
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Translation: heard it on the light rail...

TonyR
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I think it's very believable that Tebow is done in Denver. Manning was Elway's chance to move on.

Tombstone RJ
03-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I agree that I think the Broncos pursuing Manning is as much about having a legitimate reason to dump Tebow as it is about signing a 36 year old QB that has had 3 freaking neck surguries in 12 months and is absolutely an unknown right now, especially with the nerve regeneration in his neck.

If EFX signs Manning they better be willing to have a great back up WHEN payaton goes down.

just saying...

Mogulseeker
03-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't see a reason why we can't keep him, and that includes the agent firm. People compare Tebow to Steve Young... he can sit like Steve Young while he relearns the fundamentals that he should have 6 years ago.

Dukes
03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Flip him for Gabbert....or Mallett.

Tebow for Mallett.... that I could actually see happening.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't see a reason why we can't keep him, and that includes the agent firm. People compare Tebow to Steve Young... he can sit like Steve Young while he relearns the fundamentals that he should have 6 years ago.

Different era and circumstances. Tebow by himself is an industry. There is no way Tebow (or his inner circle) is going to jeopardize that in any way by having him wear a baseball cap for 2 or 3 years. Even if he did, his contract would be up. There is no way that the Bronco front office is going foster an environment where 25 percent of the fan base at every home game is chanting "Tebow" "Tebow" every time Manning, or Flynn, or fill in the blank has a bad series.

This doesn't even delve into the basic fact that is smacking everyone right in the face. The front office does not believe that Tim Tebow will ever be an effective starting QB in the NFL long term.

TheDave
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I would love to have both of them... but I don't think there's any way those 2 egos/ brands could coexist on the same team.

peacepipe
03-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't see a reason why we can't keep him, and that includes the agent firm. People compare Tebow to Steve Young... he can sit like Steve Young while he relearns the fundamentals that he should have 6 years ago.IDK what people you're talking about but anyway, jacksonville looks to want to make a trade. sign manning,trade tebow for gabbert. gabbert can learn under manning.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-will-trade-tim-tebow-if-they-get-peyton-manning-031112

HILife
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Should defiently keep Tebow. IF Maning signs with the Broncos he is good for 3 years max. Tebow can learn under him and then start after he retires.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I think Tebow has more trade value than a lot of people on here think.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Yep. That's why its all or nothing at this point.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 01:19 PM

His trade value depends on how many teams would show interest. His value won't rise if it's only the jags showing interest.

yerner
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM

How? Other than the Jacksonville hometown factor who else pays a high price and just gives Tebow the starting gig? Seattle?

Bob's your Information Minister
03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Tebow will be your starting QB this season. Nothing to see here. Manning isn't signing with a **** team like Denver.

Spider
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Tebow will be your starting QB this season. Nothing to see here. Manning isn't signing with a **** team like Denver.

think you and Barryr would make a cute couple .......just saying

SoCalBronco
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Nah, dude....he's going to be pissed that they straight up lied to him and that its beyond clear that they just don't like him and don't want to work with him (sound familiar?) so they have to trade him, even if he doesn't say anything publicly and he won't as its not his style, but they know it would be an unhealthy relationship because of what they've done, so basically its either Manning or scramble for some mediocre vet in FA, or overpay by way of trade for a semi-decent starter. That's what it is.

cmhargrove
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM

I wouldn't have believed it before, but I guess that seals the deal. Now, it will be fun to watch Bobs about face when the Chiefs are now set to "dominate" a Manning led team (for whatever new list of reasons).

Don't worry Bob, I heard from a good source that the Chiefs roster is absolutely stacked with talent. You should have no problem beating Manning with Cassell.

Grumps
03-11-2012, 01:29 PM

ROFL!

Thanks for Manning, jackass.

Durango
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
CASSELL/CUTLER fiasco all over again just couple years after mcdumbass did this. JOHN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ?

Elway wants to win, and in his more lucid moments, Bowlen wants to win. Elway doesn't believe Tebow can lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl. Period. Combine that with the fact that the AFC West remains a very weak division, Elway has to be thinking the time is 'now'.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM

http://inretaliation.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/jealousy-1.jpg

The past 43 years of the Chiefs franchise encapsulated in a single picture.

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgor4lZxp41qcrwlmo1_500.jpg

The Manning sweepstakes represented in photos.
Cardinals, Dolphins, Broncos, Texans, and The Chefs.

Heyneck
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgor4lZxp41qcrwlmo1_500.jpg

The Manning sweepstakes represented in photos.
Cardinals, Dolphins, Broncos, Texans, and The Chefs.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

DenverBrit
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM

http://ironicsurrealism.com/files/2010/02/whistling-past-the-graveyard.jpg

Shananahan
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
If Manning doesn't sign, the Broncos play Tebow in 2012, and if he doesn't improve, they do whatever it takes in the draft to get Barkley.
Completely agree. I don't think at this point there's anybody out there beyond Manning who they could grab without overpaying and worsening the team. This whole aspect of going after Manning, which I totally understand, is why I really would have preferred to have just stuck with Tebow.

Shananahan
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I mean, the article really isn't anything valid or substantial. It's basically just a published version of what some people around here have been saying.

Dedhed
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
The article is beyond dumb, but if we signed Manning and got a first from Jax in trade for Tebow it would be a coup. And I don't really like either idea on it's own.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
The article is beyond dumb, but if we signed Manning and got a first from Jax in trade for Tebow it would be a coup. And I don't really like either idea on it's own.

We arent getting a first for tebow because, if we get Manning, the market will not dictate that. If we got Jax's second, i think that's plausible. Or Gabbert and a lower pick. I think it'll be assumed Tebow is a goner should Manning be signed.

If Manning doesn't sign. Ugh. I look forward to a huge offseason of bull****.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 02:25 PM

But, he's going to sign with a **** team like Kansas City, Arizona or Miami? If it's about winning, Denver is Manning's best chance to do so probably. We'd be willing to give him full control of the offense, and use our cap space to bring in other players that he wants/is comfortable with. He'd be working with a former HOF comfortable, that he seems to have a good relationship as well. And have a defensive head coach that would continue to build that side of the ball.

The only way he doesn't sign in Denver is if he just doesn't want to play in the cold or he just isn't that impressed with Denver's roster and doesn't think any amount of cap space will help him out.

SF would be a better situation for him obviously, but of the teams interested Denver seems to make the most sense if they are really committed to both Manning and the rest of the team.

Obviously, changes the complexion of the team from building the team up through the draft. If Manning is healthy, anything short of a championship is a failure.

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Elway is breandead.. it's obvious he is like most NFL fans.. he just buys what everyone else believes... doesn't think for himself.. takes the easy route. No balls no babies..

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Elway is breandead.. it's obvious he is like most NFL fans.. he just buys what everyone else believes... doesn't think for himself.. takes the easy route. No balls no babies..

I hope TJ lets you stick around. You've got to be the stupidest dumb**** that ever posted on here. It's like a freak show.

BTW, love the "breandead." :thumbs:

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
If Manning doesn't sign. Ugh. I look forward to a huge offseason of bull****.

Yep. It's going to get ****ing ugly. Hey isn't that what the Broncos do now? Create total cluster****s in the offseason?

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Elway wants to win, and in his more lucid moments, Bowlen wants to win. Elway doesn't believe Tebow can lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl. Period. Combine that with the fact that the AFC West remains a very weak division, Elway has to be thinking the time is 'now'.

And Michael Jordan thought Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison would win championships...

Michael Jordan thought HE could win a championship at 40....

These old athletes must get delusional from all the battles and boozing or something..

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I hope TJ lets you stick around. You've got to be the stupidest dumb**** that ever posted on here. It's like a freak show.

BTW, love the "breandead." :thumbs:

You are about to lose the biggest star in football for someone who people liked his commercials more than watching him play football.. and you call ME stupid.. lol

You jackwagons don't even realize we haven't even seen what Tebow is capable of because of the terrible coach Elway put in place...

Same guy that played Orton over Tebow and it blew up in his face.. he made him even worse than McD... but I am stupid. LOL

DENVERDUI55
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Not really because he has all intentions to replace Tebow. He doesn't see him as the answer and neither do I so I like John's thinking.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Not really because he has all intentions to replace Tebow. He doesn't see him as the answer and neither do I so I like John's thinking.

You do realize that McD felt the same way about Cutler yes?

oubronco
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Good Grief

El Jué
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
No seppuku option?

03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
But, he's going to sign with a **** team like Kansas City, Arizona or Miami?

The Chiefs are a QB away from being an elite team. Moreso than any of those other teams.

In order of most talent:

KC
Miami
Arizona
Denver

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Just curious, who is the one knucklehead who thinks releasing Tebow is the better option than keeping or trading him? Boob, is that you?

DenverBrit
03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
The Chiefs are a QB away from being an elite team. Moreso than any of those other teams.

In order of most talent:

KC
Miami
Arizona
Denver

"Elite" "KC" a classic oxymoron.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 04:38 PM
LOL at the notion that KC is so talented...

rbackfactory80
03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Manning flirts with Denver and 3/4's of the board makes a move. Then Manning is like, not happening. Get some ice for the blue balls Manningites.

Agamemnon
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Manning flirts with Denver and 3/4's of the board makes a move. Then Manning is like, not happening. Get some ice for the blue balls Manningites.

Err...it's all baseless speculation both ways. No one who actually knows what Manning is thinking is actually talking to the press.

rbackfactory80
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Err...it's all baseless speculation both ways. No one who actually knows what Manning is thinking is actually talking to the press.

I agree...but I am just throwing some BS back for all the nonsense I have read on here in the last 48 hours. Time for the Manningites to sweat a little.

03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
LOL at the notion that KC is so talented...

We are.

Our only problem is the QB position.

That's why the team improved so much when Orton got under center.

oubronco
03-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Manningites LOL

rbackfactory80
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Manningites LOL

Better than an Ortonite...I'll give you that:strong:

oubronco
03-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe we can get Cutler back and all be Cutlerites Hilarious!

El Jué
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
We are.

Our only problem is the QB position.

It really was a stroke of genius on the part of the Broncos' front office to release Orton and destroy any remaining chance the Chiefs had to draft Luck or RGIII, don't you think?

Shananahan
03-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree...but I am just throwing some BS back for all the nonsense I have read on here in the last 48 hours. Time for the Manningites to sweat a little.
Some people have a hard time just sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Some people have a hard time just sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

What would be the point of that? Isn't that what these boards are for, wild ass speculation? That's the whole point of sports! Ha!

elsid13
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM
What would be the point of that? Isn't that what these boards are for, wild ass speculation? That's the whole point of sports! Ha!

That and ridiculing others.

Houshyamama
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM

In order of most talent:

KC
Miami
Arizona
Denver

Hilarious!

You're delusional. You're like a fat chick talking **** about all the cheerleaders.

canadianbroncosfan
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM

At least he didn't decline an invitation to meet with us.

Anikai
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM

they averaged 13 pts a game. They were unstoppable.

The Moops
03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
It's not fair to keep Tebow. They have already lied to him saying he would be starter going into training camp. They told him they were going to bring in healthy competition, not a future first-ballot Hall of Famer. All this kid did was take a previous 1-4 team that had been 7-24 the last 2 seasons and help them to division title and shocking playoff victory. Denver must do honorable thing and let him go to team who will give him a real shot to compete for starting job.

extralife
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Denver doesn't have to do ****, he's under contract. And there is no clear sense that there exists a team that would bring him in as the starter anyway.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
It's not fair to keep Tebow. They have already lied to him saying he would be starter going into training camp. They told him they were going to bring in healthy competition, not a future first-ballot Hall of Famer. All this kid did was take a previous 1-4 team that had been 7-24 the last 2 seasons and help them to division title and shocking playoff victory. Denver must do honorable thing and let him go to team who will give him a real shot to compete for starting job.

He can still compete for the starting job after we bring Peyton in. :puff:

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Who cares? Manning or any other loser they bring in isn't likely to stay healthy with no run game and no oline.... Do people forget that's how Tebow became starter last season?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Denver doesn't have to do ****, he's under contract. And there is no clear sense that there exists a team that would bring him in as the starter anyway.

This.

Since when is protecting feelings the primary motive for an organization?

rbackfactory80
03-11-2012, 07:48 PM

This. It's about being a first class organization. If you know a guy isn't for you, let him do his thing somewhere else. I mean with how adamant Elway has been about Tebow not being his guy you would think he wouldn't be afraid of his decision coming back to bite him. Tim has been as standup in this scenario as possible. In fact, I am not sure any other QB could have handled this as well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Who cares? Manning or any other loser they bring in isn't likely to stay healthy with no run game and no oline.... Do people forget that's how Tebow became starter last season?

Orton was plenty healthy when he got benched. And was only sacked 8 times in 5 games.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Hilarious! What a clown.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Agreed. We must do the right thing by Tim. I feel very bad for him and I was looking forward to seeing his growth as our QB. They've obviously treated him shabbily by making these misrepresentations, so hopefully they act semi-honorably for once in helping him find a team he would like to go to. You know, this is a big gamble for Elway. It's sort of an all or nothing thing. This decision could either end up winning us the SB, or we could be a joke. Exec of the Year or VP for Marketing. I hope he knows what he's doing and he's getting good medical info.

extralife
03-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Orton was plenty healthy when he got benched. And was only sacked 8 times in 5 games.

stats and facts are only for 'conventional' NFL thinkers...you need to look outside the box...be a visionary

ScottXray
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
This.

Since Elway and Fox released Orton, is an example.
Supposedly this organisation thinks very highly of their players
feelings and will do what ever they can.

Unless he is the Qb that has been named starter going into TC. They blow that guys feeling off.

Of course when they can spend a really large amount of money , or save a large amount of money, the Money rules.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM

In order of most talent:

KC
Miami
Arizona
Denver

Lol. KC has problems on their offensive line, RB if Charles fits the mold of almost every other speed back that's torn their acl... they also need a nt and route is a big downgrade from carr. They're going to have to pay Bowe big to keep him as well.

I don't think KC is a QB away from being elite. They're a QB away from being a playoff team. They have a very good defense, and even with a good QB only a slightly above average offense.

Drek
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
This.

Mike Shanahan traded Foxworth for literally nothing just because Foxworth felt there was no real camp competition between him and Dre Bly to be the #2 CB, and wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 12:56 AM

So it is unfair to bring in a superior QB when he became available?? Seriously, why on earth are Tebow fans so bent out of shape about bringing in QB competition?

This is a Broncos board and the idea is to get better at EVERY position.........without exception. There are other players on the team who are better at their position than Tebow is at QB, yet every position is up for competition......except QB?

Tebow should be delighted to learn from Manning, he's got every QB skill Tebow desperately needs.

Is there a better QB option available in FA??

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 01:08 AM
So it is unfair to bring in a superior QB when he became available?? Seriously, why on earth are Tebow fans so bent out of shape about bringing in QB competition?

This is a Broncos board and the idea is to get better at EVERY position.........without exception. There are other players on the team who are better at their position than Tebow is at QB, yet every position is up for competition......except QB?

Tebow should be delighted to learn from Manning, he's got every QB skill Tebow desperately needs.

Is there a better QB option available in FA??

What Tebow needs is to play in games.. sitting for the first 5 years in the NFL could destroy any chance he has in the NFL. He has NEVER played a pro style offense.. even last year they didn't even let him play the leash was so short. They wasted 2 years when they didn't even had a legit shot of winning.. they still don't with manning or not..

It's hilarious they let Cam just have a free year to screw off with a greta offense around him but Tebow is treated the exact opposite.. and Tebow won with no talent around him and no prep. It's preposterous...

extralife
03-12-2012, 01:17 AM
the offense around Cam Newton was so great that without him in 2010 it was ranked 32 out of 32 teams in both yards and scoring.

great

offense

(with him in 2011: 7th in yards, 5th in scoring. scoring. you know, points. the points that are the only things the offense can produce to help win a game. cam newton suxx tebow 4 lyfe)

bendog
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Manning, “Ok, Tim, they asked me to work with you a little bit......”

Tim, “Can we pray first?”

Manning, “ah Sure, why not.”

Tim, “I just wanna give a shout out to My Lord and Savior and thank him for giving me this chance to work with Mr. Manning and thereby bring Glory to His Name ....”

Manning, “Tim, I usually just go ‘thank’s God.’ Can that work for you?”

Tim, “Well I just want to use my life bring praise to Him.”

Manning, “And I appreciate that, I really do, but I gotta get my reps in here, and still have to get to the chiropractor’s to get an adjustment, and then ... Man, Ashley’s got her hands full with Marshall and Mosley coming up on their first birthdays, so let’s fit this in, OK Tim.”

Tim, “Sure, Mr. Manning.”

Manning, “OK, now regardless of what drop you’re taking the first key thing is to get out from under center ......”

Tim, “Can’t we run or lift weights or something first?”

Manning, “Tim, I’m old and I got a bad back. I load the twins up in their jogging stroller and get a couple of miles in every morning so Ashley at least has time for a quiet shower. . . . Now look, the thing is you gotta get in your drop before the center comes out of his stance and steps on your feet.”

Tim, “Why would he want to do that, Mr. Manning? He’s on our team.”

Manning, “He’s just trying to get in pass blocking position. But the key is you gotta move your feet faster than his, cause believe me a quarterback looks pretty stupid falling backwards onto his ass.”

Tim, “I have really fast feet. Wanna see me run the tire drill?”

Manning, “Not right now. But look, I have slow feet, and they were slow even before the nerve damage which doesn’t help, but quarterbacks get to lift one of their legs when they call out their cadence ....”

Tim, “But isn’t that distracting .....”

Manning, “Hopefully, it distracts the defense, but really it lets the receivers and the tackles know when the ball will be snapped. See, I give Saturday’s cup a love pat when I stomp my right leg, and then he and the receivers know that on the count of three, or some other preselected number, I’m gonna call out the signal to snap the ball and then Saturday snaps the ball.”

Tim, “But doesn’t it distract you from knowing when to call out the signal?”

Manning, “ummmm, not after I did it a few times.”

Tim, “Oh.”

Manning, “So, here’s the improtant thing, Tim. Since the quarterback can lift a leg, right before the actual snap I lift my right foot off the field, and that gives me a little head start on getting out from under center.” See like this. “Then, with the snap, I just pivot my right hip back and push off with my left foot, and I’m already into my drop ....”

Tim, “But, Mr. Manning, I’m left handed.”

Manning, “No problem Tim.”

Tim, “God made me that way. I’m special.”

Manning, “Plenty of quarterbacks are left handed, it’s not a big deal.”

Tim, “It’s not?” Head hangs.

Manning, “Look Tim. You take this football, and stand right there. I’ll go over here, right in front of you. Just mimic what I do. READY!....”

Tim, “READY!”

Manning, “No, don’t call anything out, just copy what I do.” Manning stomps his right foot.

Tim starts to lift his left leg, then stops ... pauses, starts to lift his right leg, pauses, transfers ball to right hand ....

Manning, “No, just pretend you’re looking in the mirror. Do with your left leg what I do with mine.”

Manning stomps his right leg. “Hut, Hut, Hut.” Manning lifts his right leg as it to stomp again, and calls “Hut!” Manning slides his right leg behind him and does a five step, and tosses the ball.

Tebow perfectly mimics Manning, but then throws the ball hitting Manning in the head. Manning falls to the ground holding his neck, moaning.

DenverBrit
03-12-2012, 08:48 AM
What Tebow needs is to play in games.. sitting for the first 5 years in the NFL could destroy any chance he has in the NFL. He has NEVER played a pro style offense.. even last year they didn't even let him play the leash was so short. They wasted 2 years when they didn't even had a legit shot of winning.. they still don't with manning or not..

It's hilarious they let Cam just have a free year to screw off with a greta offense around him but Tebow is treated the exact opposite.. and Tebow won with no talent around him and no prep. It's preposterous...

There lies the problem.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 08:54 AM
This was a good take in line with what we're trying to say here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17743758/is-a-super-shot-with-manning-worth-the-hangover-after-he-retires

I call it selling your soul.

That's what any team that signs Peyton Manning would be doing. I still think Manning can play at a high level, but it's not a certainty. And even if he can play like he did before his four neck surgeries, who says he wins a title?

The questions nobody out there is asking are there: What if he doesn't win a Super Bowl? What if it doesn't work? What if he's gone to retirement and hanging with his young twins in two years?

Anything short of winning a Super Bowl would make his signing a failure.

Division title? Not good enough.

Playing in a conference title game? Still not good enough.

Super Bowl loser? Nope.

Win a ring or the move is a failure for the signing team. There would be no other way to describe it..

There's more. Read the whole thing. Basically he talks about how the Colts at least got a decade of Manning out of the ugly hangover they face today.

In reality, any other team at this point will face a hangover longer than what's left of Manning's career.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 09:01 AM
There lies the problem.

RG3 is DOOMED!

But nobody would be dumb enough to try to develop a cookie-cutter "pro-style" offense around him. Shanahan will move the guy around a lot. Put more than 2 sets of hands on the field to catch the ball, etc etc.

Carolina's not running a prototypical pro-style offense either. There are too many great spread option QB's coming out to be ignored any more. NFL offense will change to match the strengths of the best QB's coming out of college.

CEH
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Mike Shanahan traded Foxworth for literally nothing just because Foxworth felt there was no real camp competition between him and Dre Bly to be the #2 CB, and wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

Shanny also didn't like the fact Foxy has his own radio show here locally.
He was Tebow lite. Alot of extra circular activities outside of football

Also should change the Title to "Tebow/MacGruber done in Denver"

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
And it seems that many on here still can't grasp the fact that half of your basic passing attack package isn't available to you with Tebow at QB.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 10:58 AM
And it seems that many on here still can't grasp the fact that half of your basic passing attack package isn't available to you with Tebow at QB.

Uh, maybe because there's no evidence it's true. Unless the 'basic passing attack' you've drawn up includes 2 Wide and Linemen at TE.

Maybe you've forgotten from watching the McCoy juggernaut, but most teams don't try that.

BroncoBen
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking the Broncos keep Tebow one season just to make sure Manning is healthy.. then trade him the next year if Manning is good.

Now if the Jags come forware with a #1 pick in this years draft... he will be traded.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Uh, maybe because there's no evidence it's true. Unless the 'basic passing attack' you've drawn up includes 2 Wide and Linemen at TE.

Maybe you've forgotten from watching the McCoy juggernaut, but most teams don't try that.

I was thinking more of quick drops and short slants, outs and buttonhooks. You know, half the normal route tree.

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm thinking the Broncos keep Tebow one season just to make sure Manning is healthy.. then trade him the next year if Manning is good.

Now if the Jags come forware with a #1 pick in this years draft... he will be traded.

I disagree. If Manning signs with the Broncos then Tebow is gone IMHO. Also, TT's trade value is perhaps at it highest right now. If he sits another year behind Manning how will that make his value any better? There's simply no way he comes in if Manning goes down.

If Manning starts then the Broncos will have to find a back up QB who can come in and manage the offense. IMHO, that will probably either be a fresh faced rookie or possibly Adam Weber since he's already in house.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I was thinking more of quick drops and short slants, outs and buttonhooks. You know, half the normal route tree.

That's all shotgun vs under center stuff. The same adjustment you'll have with any QB who played primarily out of shotgun.

Especially when you repeatedly do your best to keep him from working with his receivers in the offseason..

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I disagree. If Manning signs with the Broncos then Tebow is gone IMHO. Also, TT's trade value is perhaps at it highest right now. If he sits another year behind Manning how will that make his value any better? There's simply no way he comes in if Manning goes down.

If Manning starts then the Broncos will have to find a back up QB who can come in and manage the offense. IMHO, that will probably either be a fresh faced rookie or possibly Adam Weber since he's already in house.

I mostly agree with your conclusion. Except if (assuming a Manning deal) there's any reason for Denver to keep Tebow, it's in case Manning has a serious setback.

Because if Manning ends up not able, the deal would instantly look like the dumbest move ever made. And having already shipped Tebow if that were to happen would make the sin unpardonable.

If they ship Tebow, they're betting EVERYTHING on Manning's health. Everything.

In the end I think they still ship him, like you say. But there is a rational reason to keep him. I just don't see this FO acting all that rationally.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
That's all shotgun vs under center stuff. The same adjustment you'll have with any QB who played primarily out of shotgun.

Especially when you repeatedly do your best to keep him from working with his receivers in the offseason..

There's always some excuse. :puff:

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I mostly agree with your conclusion. Except if (assuming a Manning deal) there's any reason for Denver to keep Tebow, it's in case Manning has a serious setback.

Because if Manning ends up not able, the deal would instantly look like the dumbest move ever made. And having already shipped Tebow if that were to happen would make the sin unpardonable.

If they ship Tebow, they're betting EVERYTHING on Manning's health. Everything.

In the end I think they still ship him, like you say. But there is a rational reason to keep him. I just don't see this FO acting all that rationally.

The thing is that if Manning comes to the Broncos the offense is going to be so different than what TT is used to that IF Manning goes down with an injury (which is very possible IMHO) I do not think TT could come in and manage the offense simply because he's not ready. That is, he won't be ready to take this pass heavy offense that is catered to Manning's style of play which is (or has been in the past) throw, throw, throw some more and then yah, ok, run it every once in a while. TT won't be able to manage this type of offense.

So.... Tebow will be traded. The Broncos will get as much as they can for him. As for the back up QB, it will have to be a guy who can step in, manage the offense and still give the Broncos the possibility of winning.

If the Broncos get Manning, they have to go all in on his type of offense. They can't tell Manning that he has to run some kind of a dumb downed offense in order to make it easier for TT to come in IF Manning goes down with an injury. That makes no sense.

Nah, I think that if Manning comes to the Broncos then EFX will draft a QB to groom behind Manning. EFX should be upfront with Manning and let him know that this is a possibility due to his age and his injury. I doubt the Broncos would draft a QB early on, but maybe in the mid rounds they make take a flyer on a kid. There only other option is to bring in a FA or go with Weber.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
The thing is that if Manning comes to the Broncos the offense is going to be so different than what TT is used to that IF Manning goes down with an injury (which is very possible IMHO) I do not think TT could come in and manage the offense simply because he's not ready. That is, he won't be ready to take this pass heavy offense that is catered to Manning's style of play which is (or has been in the past) throw, throw, throw some more and then yah, ok, run it every once in a while. TT won't be able to manage this type of offense.

So.... Tebow will be traded. The Broncos will get as much as they can for him. As for the back up QB, it will have to be a guy who can step in, manage the offense and still give the Broncos the possibility of winning.

If the Broncos get Manning, they have to go all in on his type of offense. They can't tell Manning that he has to run some kind of a dumb downed offense in order to make it easier for TT to come in IF Manning goes down with an injury. That makes no sense.

Nah, I think that if Manning comes to the Broncos then EFX will draft a QB to groom behind Manning. EFX should be upfront with Manning and let him know that this is a possibility due to his age and his injury. I doubt the Broncos would draft a QB early on, but maybe in the mid rounds they make take a flyer on a kid. There only other option is to bring in a FA or go with Weber.

I agree with you on X's and O's. But the question isn't about the best way to win games. It's about whether Elway and friends want to leave themselves any chance of CYA escape if Manning turns out to be less than Manning.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 11:37 AM
There's always some excuse. :puff:

Go ahead and show me footage of all the under-center quick outs Cam Newton was throwing out of 2-wide sets this year. Should be simple enough.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Go ahead and show me footage of all the under-center quick outs Cam Newton was throwing out of 2-wide sets this year. Should be simple enough.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hkcgnQ7tA6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree with you on X's and O's. But the question isn't about the best way to win games. It's about whether Elway and friends want to leave themselves any chance of CYA escape if Manning turns out to be less than Manning.

I understand what you are saying but if Manning turns out to be less than Manning then all of that should be covered in Manning's contract. That is, IF Manning goes down with an injury, especially one directly related to his neck, or IF Manning cannot throw the ball effectively due to his neck, then the Broncos will have an out. That is, the Broncos will pay Manning like $18m up front, and if things go badly then the contract is over. Basically it's a one year contract with an injury clause that voids the rest of the contract.

Again, I just don't see how TT can have a future with the Broncos even if Manning does not work out. I think a Manning offense and a Tebow offense are pretty much mutually exclusive. You either design an offense for Manning, or you design an offense for TT (evolving the passing game more slowly and relying much more heavily on the run game) but you can't have an offense that really encompasses both styles. JMHO, but we shall see. This is all talk right now...

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM

How about that, "route tree." Sounds less gay than it used to.

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Really, still with this ... you really think Tebow has an NFL arm?

Explain to me then, why do so many people think otherwise?

Shananahan
03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
The Mane has come full circle now.

Shananahan
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Also, keeping Tebow for a season just in case Manning gets hurt is a ridiculously retarded idea. A) He wouldn't be able to come in and play the same type of offense B) His trade value would drop and C) As I said before, there are plenty of people willing to boo Manning in order to see Tebow play. If you're not trading him right away, you're keeping him for the long haul.

I hate it, but I think it's probably true that he's gone if Manning signs. Hope I'm wrong.

underrated29
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I dont remember Kevin Kolbs trade value dropping when Vick took over the year before?

I dont remember Brandon Marshalls trade value dropping?
At the beginning of the year I dont remember Kyle Ortons trade value dropping?- What did mia almost give us? A 2nd?

Yeah- His value is not going to drop. For all any team knows, we are keeping tebow and grooming him for a few years down the road. (the smart thing to do)

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM

I'm sure he will use stats to make an argument.

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I dont remember Kevin Kolbs trade value dropping when Vick took over the year before?

I dont remember Brandon Marshalls trade value dropping?
At the beginning of the year I dont remember Kyle Ortons trade value dropping?- What did mia almost give us? A 2nd?

Yeah- His value is not going to drop. For all any team knows, we are keeping tebow and grooming him for a few years down the road. (the smart thing to do)

It's hard for value to drop when it isn't worth anything anyway.

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM

There is no such thing as an "NFL Arm"

Ask any QB to read and throw out of a formation he's never thrown out of before (and really nobody in the history of the NFL has ever thrown out of before) and you'll see some struggling to adjust.

And lots of people hate Timmy because he is Timmy. The only NCAA passing record setter who can't throw a football.

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 04:35 PM
There is no such thing as an "NFL Arm"

Ask any QB to read and throw out of a formation he's never thrown out of before (and really nobody in the history of the NFL has ever thrown out of before) and you'll see some struggling to adjust.

And lots of people hate Timmy because he is Timmy. The only NCAA passing record setter who can't throw a football.

He isn't accurate and has a slow delivery. Get over it its not like teams are blowing up broncos trading for him.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
He isn't accurate and has a slow delivery. Get over it its not like teams are blowing up broncos trading for him.

The only reason he struggles with accuracy now is because they overhauled all his mechanics unnecessarily.. You don't change his mechanics and then bail because he changed them.. especially if he is WINNING even put in the worst situation imaginable...

DENVERDUI55
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
The only reason he struggles with accuracy now is because they overhauled all his mechanics unnecessarily.. You don't change his mechanics and then bail because he changed them.. especially if he is WINNING even put in the worst situation imaginable...

His mechanics and long delivery are same as college. It's always been a concern.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
His mechanics and long delivery are same as college. It's always been a concern.

Where was his "long delivery" on the immaculate dissection? They showed he got the ball out quick on that play.. like I said all along Tebow can get the ball out quick when he needs to.. he always has. I saw it in college against the best Ds...

GreatBronco16
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
That's true cause the SEC does have better defense then the NFL.

lod01
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Tebowners crushed. ROFL!:wave:Hilarious!:militia:

This one can go away. :tebow:

BroncoBeavis
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Teams (other than apparently us) don't generally spooge all over themselves talking about potential QB changes because of the havoc and uncertainty it creates for the incumbent.

You won't know who would offer what for Tebow until it's clear Tebow is available.

MacGruder
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
That's true cause the SEC does have better defense then the NFL.

Apparently.. I don't remember tebow putting up 300 yards on the best SEC Ds like he did the steelers..