PDA

View Full Version : Down to TWO TEAMS

elsid13
03-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I hate starting another thread but I thought this worth it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, thhe sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, in that case, it's us. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind choosing Phoenix over Denver.

ayjackson
03-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Well, in that case, it's us. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind choosing Phoenix over Denver.

When I retire, I might do just that.

Of course, I may be borderline senile by then.

CEH
Would you rather play your brother in the Super Bowl or NFCCG game? Plus you know the defenses in the AFC. I like our chances

Steve Prefontaine

I agree, although Arizona does have Fitz and they played well down the stretch last year.

Jesterhole
03-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Going to turn into quite the debacle if we don't land him. I wonder how much time Elway still plans on working with Tim this off season?

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
If you add in the speculation of him wanting to stay in the AFC and not impeding his brother's chances in the NFC, doesn't this point VERY strongly in Denver's favor?

bendog
03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
the cards have some very skilled skill position players, but not a lot of cap room. I read somewhere that Levi Brown could be a cap casualty to sign Manning. Their owner is a lot like Irsay and Manning's friends with Wisenhut.

DarkHorse
Is there some particular reason that Tebow has to go if we sign Manning? He's too 'good' to sit for a couple years and learn how to play QB from 2 of the greatest all-time QB's? Huh?

Only reason I could see Tebow leaving would be if his trade value to Jacksonville is miraculously a 1st rounder. Other than that, let him sit and learn.

BroncoBen

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Dolphins, but indications are that Miami isn't as high on his list as Denver and Arizona.

There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, thhe sources said, but it is looking increasingly likely there are only a few viable possibilities at this time

Really.. always the possibility another team jumps into the fray? Who writes this stuff and gets paid? Talk about writing a story that doesn't tell us something we don't know.

Jay3
03-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Is there some particular reason that Tebow has to go if we sign Manning? He's too 'good' to sit for a couple years and learn how to play QB from 2 of the greatest all-time QB's? Huh?

I keep seeing this post over and over (in different forms).

No, there's no good reason -- but the Broncos FO has strongly leaked that Tebow will be traded if they sign Manning. It may be wrong, it may be necessary, but Tebow time is over if they sing Manning.

Tebow's not "too good" for it -- he'll be a backup somewhere else if he's traded, most likely. That's just how it works.

KevinJames
03-11-2012, 09:32 AM
btw I posted this same article in the big thread and updated my title before you posted this but oh well ITS MANNING so 2 threads is fine by me!

I will seriously question Manning's IQ if he picks Arizona over Denver. Here is why.

He suffered that injury thanks to a poor LT, Arizona has absolutely no O-line its worse than Indys was. We have a way better O-line.

Bottom line I guess if Manning likes getting sacked he will pick Arizona.

Steve Sewell
03-11-2012, 09:33 AM
To me, the only things that Arizona has going in its favor are Fitzgerald and a domed stadium.

Their offensive line is in shambles, and they don't have the cap room that Denver has to sign free agents.

Jay3
03-11-2012, 09:33 AM

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far they have been unable to do so.

And to me, the team that jumps out as getting undersold by this article is Miami. What are the "indications" that they aren't as high on the list? If he's doing that visit, it will be last before Tuesday.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 09:34 AM

They have one thing going for them. They know how to handle taking in an aging HoF QB (Warner) and outside of San Fran it's a **** division. Our cap space for obtaining his friends has to be a good sign though. They have to cut their ****ing left tackle just to be able to sign Manning.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 09:36 AM
And to me, the team that jumps out as getting undersold by this article is Miami. What are the "indications" that they aren't as high on the list? If he's doing that visit, it will be last before Tuesday.

My only hope is this is Manning playing ultimate hardball with the Dolphins.

My suspicion is that really it's just Manning being afraid to compete with Brady. Which is confidence inspiring.

KevinJames
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
They have one thing going for them. They know how to handle taking in an aging HoF QB (Warner) and outside of San Fran it's a **** division. Our cap space for obtaining his friends has to be a good sign though. They have to cut their ****ing left tackle just to be able to sign Manning.

I would have to say AFC West is the ****tier division 49ers are a pretty damn good team now.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Yeah, but then PM has to hit the film room and learn all the teams he'll be facing. With the AFC, he doesn't have to do that. He already knows them. It would be like a pro golfer choosing a tour where he's played all the courses dozens of times, or a tour where he's not really familiar with the courses at all.

bendog
03-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Niners are going to be good for a long time. Young offensive line and Patrick Willis

EmpireOrange
03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
"<b>One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.</b>"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ls-sources-say

My insider sources are saying the same thing; however, I'll go one step further...Manning is already a Denver Bronco. All's left is the announcement and a call to Dallas Clark, Wayne and possibly Garcon.

Also, Manning, Elway, and Fox got ****faced on friday night. Non-Bronco Insiders have confirmed that Elway would not let the two leave the table after dinner. That's how a hall of famer gets it done gentlemen. God Bless John Elway!

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
"<b>One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Broncos' advantages include Manning's relationship with executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox and the fact that joining them would keep him in the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.</b>"

My insider sources are saying the same thing; however, I'll go one step further...Manning is already a Denver Bronco. All's left is the announcement and a call to Dallas Clark, Wayne and possibly Garcon.

Also, Manning, Elway, and Fox got ****faced on friday night. Non-Bronco Insiders have confirmed that Elway would not let the two leave the table after dinner. That's how a hall of famer gets it done gentlemen. God Bless John Elway!

LOL

Hamrob
03-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I say it's between us and Miami. Unknown team like the Texans are a consideration.

He has a house in Miami. Reggie Wayne wants to play for the Phins. Miami's weather is great. But, the AFC East is tough.

Denver is a great Organization, with great leadership in Elway/Bowlen. They have many of the pieces that would be needed, a young Oline, young up and coming receivers, the Cap room to sign his aging teammates.

Could we have beaten the Pats last year with Manning. Probably not, but it would have been a game. Bring Manning in, draft well, strengthen the defense, and we're a better team than the Pats. Meaning we will be Superbowl contenders. The Dolphins Superbowl contenders? Not so much. The Cards in the NFC? Don't think so.

Right now, we have to be the favorite....unless the Texans step up!

broncosteven
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
I still think if we don't land Manning the FO has to trade Tebow, get as many picks as they can for him and then try to trade up to get the QB they like in the draft.

Put the mCd debacles behind us and move on with EFX's guy.

I think it has to impact Tebow via the Little Known Kyle Orton Effect, you know the one where Orton gets shopped all off season then when everything falls through he starts, has no desire to play with the team, gets benched and all we get out of him is a $2mill savings off his contract.

I am warming up to Manning but his neck sure scares the hell out of me.

bendog
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
You gotta drink to play qb in this league ..... unless you're recovering (-:

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I say it's between us and Miami. Unknown team like the Texans are a consideration.

He has a house in Miami. Reggie Wayne wants to play for the Phins. Miami's weather is great. But, the AFC East is tough.

Denver is a great Organization, with great leadership in Elway/Bowlen. They have many of the pieces that would be needed, a young Oline, young up and coming receivers, the Cap room to sign his aging teammates.

Could we have beaten the Pats last year with Manning. Probably not, but it would have been a game. Bring Manning in, draft well, strengthen the defense, and we're a better team than the Pats. Meaning we will be Superbowl contenders. The Dolphins Superbowl contenders? Not so much. The Cards in the NFC? Don't think so.

Right now, we have to be the favorite....unless the Texans step up!

The time for stepping up is coming to an end though. Manning is not going to just sign a with a team he talks to over the phone for a few hours. He's going to sign with a team he's visiting...and he wants to make up his mind by Monday (Tuesday is the absolute latest).

It's Sunday and he's spending the rest of the day in Arizona touring their stadium and stuff.

That's basically 1 1/2 days in Denver and 1 1/2 days in AZ with 1 1/2 days until Tuesday morning.

Time is running out.

It's going to be either us or AZ unless Miami pulls off something crazy.

I don't think he'd want to play in the same division as the Colts anyway. It's not like him to be vindictive or step on the turf of friends.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Only reason I could see Tebow leaving would be if his trade value to Jacksonville is miraculously a 1st rounder. Other than that, let him sit and learn.

Figure peyton signs and can play 2 seasons. When that time is up so is tim's contract. Anything
he learns would be playing in a different city anyway. Might as well get something for him now to fascilitate in making us better now

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
LOL

Yeah. No **** his gut is going to be with Denver before visiting the Cardinals. We were the only team he saw at that point, lol.

Dedhed
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM

That's pretty awesome if true. Going old school, good ole boy style at a private club and flexing a little "I'm God in this town and you can be one too" can stroke an ego.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I still think if we don't land Manning the FO has to trade Tebow, get as many picks as they can for him and then try to trade up to get the QB they like in the draft.

Put the mCd debacles behind us and move on with EFX's guy.

I think it has to impact Tebow via the Little Known Kyle Orton Effect, you know the one where Orton gets shopped all off season then when everything falls through he starts, has no desire to play with the team, gets benched and all we get out of him is a $2mill savings off his contract.

I am warming up to Manning but his neck sure scares the hell out of me.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first phone call the Broncos get after signing PM comes from J'Ville. I think that new owner wants Tebow to launch his new team.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM

I thought manning didn't care for the owner or front office in miami. Plus I doubt he wants to play in the same division as the pats and jets. Weak division means easy walk to the playoffs and at least 1 home playoff game. NFC West isn't easy. SF won it with a mediocre QB going 13-3. AFC East is a bitch to win as well

Dedhed
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first phone call the Broncos get after signing PM comes from J'Ville. I think that new owner wants Tebow to launch his new team.

I think that's overstated because the guy mentioned he would have drafted Tebow, but I don;t think the interest will be high there having just invested in a young QB.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Smart business move on his part. Tebowmania in Denver is weak compared to what it would be like in a state where he is already viewed as a god

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620
"No details boys and girls just had a good nfl source saying Peyton to Arizona based on conference call today I'm awaiting more info"

hope its not true...

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I think that's overstated because the guy mentioned he would have drafted Tebow, but I don;t think the interest will be high there having just invested in a young QB.

Unless the Jags decide to have a Tebow-Gabbert battle in camp and the winner is the starter like Tebow thought he was going to have in Denver this summer.

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Ariz is more Sb ready geez thats what he wants

razorwire77
03-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Arizona's offensive line is a pile of horse manure.

broncosteven
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620
"No details boys and girls just had a good nfl source saying Peyton to Arizona based on conference call today I'm awaiting more info"

hope its not true...

AZ has a dome, the weather would be good for his neck, they were in the SB a couple years ago, their cap would make it hard to land more help but they do have Fitz.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Who the **** in their right mind wouldn't want to play against the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers twice a season.

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

hope its not true...

Well, he's an Arizona reporter. I'd wait until you hear it from a more neutral source.

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
AZ has a dome, the weather would be good for his neck, they were in the SB a couple years ago, their cap would make it hard to land more help but they do have Fitz.

yea i know the pro's of joining AZ...

but i still hope that tweet isn't true that he has already chosen Arizona...

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Ariz is more Sb ready geez thats what he wants

In what way? OL in pieces. Levi brown may be a cap casualty to sign peyton. Running game is garbage. Defense is mediocre. They have Fitz though. They play in the division with an NFC championship game team. The road to the playoffs would be a hell of a lot harder in arizona than denver

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

hope its not true...
Until Schefter says something I believe all NFL repoting is bull****

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Well, he's an Arizona reporter. I'd wait until you hear it from a more neutral source.

well of course....

i'm just sharing any update i find...

you certainly don't want to take this tweet as fact... just one man's update...

and its an update that i hope is incorrect...

barryr
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a hard time believing that to be true he agreed to the Cards that fast. It would really bad for the Broncos that is for sure if he spent all that time with them and agreed with the Cards that quickly. When did the Cards become that desirable to play?

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 11:29 AM
If Denver doesn't get him, I still think it's in their best interest to move Tebow. They don't believe he can be the type of QB they want him to be. You need to be all in on him for it to work. Can't just expect to plug Tebow into any system and expect it to work great.

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I have a hard time believing that to be true he agreed to the Cards that fast. It would really bad for the Broncos that is for sure if he spent all that time with them and agreed with the Cards that quickly. When did the Cards become that desirable to play?

well they were in the SB just a few yeares back with many of the same players and a veteran in Kurt Warner as their qb...

i could see it...

Rolandftw
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
well of course....

i'm just sharing any update i find...

you certainly don't want to take this tweet as fact... just one man's update...

and its an update that i hope is incorrect...

Yeah, I didn't to mean to be critical of whoever posted it. Just was saying, it's their job to stir the pot kinda. I hope we get him, but if he moves over to the NFC that isn't the worst thing in the world either. We're moving on from Tebow either way.

Drunken.Broncoholic
There's not a lot of domes in the AFC west. None. There's 2 in the NFC west. The news coming out of AZ does not bode well. Making cap room moves and an "nfl source" saying its a done deal.

I'm looking for the broncos next move. Cause this has caused a tebow/Elway rift. What does Elway do, go up to tebow and say " youre still our starter "?

Gcver2ver3
for what its worth Kent Somers the AZ Cardinals beat writer for the AZ Republic says he cannot verify that guy's rumor that PM is joining the Cards...

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I didn't to mean to be critical of whoever posted it. Just was saying, it's their job to stir the pot kinda. I hope we get him, but if he moves over to the NFC that isn't the worst thing in the world either. We're moving on from Tebow either way.

its cool...

personally i don't even take it as fact if Schefty reports it...

i will only believe it if the Denver Broncos officially announce it...

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Maybe the Broncos made a mistake by getting ole melonhead drunk? Now he's down there in the Arizona heat with a hangover, not thinking very clearly. ;D

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Cap positions as at end of February 2012

Denver $49m under
Arizona $9.3m under
Miami $16m under

The above included all of the rolled over caproom.

Since then Denver tagged Prater at $2.4m or so and Arizona tagged Campbell at $8.2m or so, these figures dont hit the cap until those players sign their tags but it still needs to be accounted for at this point.

I dont see how anyone but the Broncos would be able to sign Manning and all his mates unless they release/restructure quite a few players.

The Seahawks and Chiefs could be players moneywise but they dont look to be even in the mix at this point.

Seattle $25m under, after Lynch's new deal
Kansas City $21m under, after Routt signing and Bowe's tag

Breaking it down even further you have to look at how signing Manning affects a team's bidget for their own free agents.

Denver in reality probably only have Bunkley and maybe Woodyard that they'd pay over vet minimum to bring back

Arizona have Lutui, Richard Marshall, Doucet and some key restricted players they'd need to re-sign

Miami have 3 DL starters as free agents of some kind, in Soliai, Langford and Merling and Vernon Carey hitting the market

Seattle have Hill, Hawthorne, Carlson and Bryant, 4 key starters to bring back or replace

KC have Carr, McClain and Pope available.

UberBroncoMan
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Denver $49m under
Arizona $9.3m under
Miami $16m under

Since then Denver tagged Prater at $2.4m or so and Arizona tagged Campbell at $8.2m or so, these figures dont hit the cap until those players sign their tags but it still needs to be accounted for at this point.

I dont see how anyone but the Broncos would be able to sign Manning and all his mates unless they release/restructure quite a few players.

The Cardinals have to cut their LT Levi Brown just to get the money to be able to sign Manning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Manning is risking a lot health wise. No way he plays for peanuts. It's gotta be a relatively large contract. AZ needs to make serious cap moves

Requiem
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Lol if Manning goes to Zona and they don't have a LT.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 11:55 AM
In what way? OL in pieces. Levi brown may be a cap casualty to sign peyton. Running game is garbage. Defense is mediocre. They have Fitz though. They play in the division with an NFC championship game team. The road to the playoffs would be a hell of a lot harder in arizona than denver

So what you're saying is that they're us with an Elite WR. What could Peyton possibly do with that.

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Denver $49m under
Arizona $9.3m under
Miami $16m under

The Seahawks and Chiefs could be players moneywise but they dont look to be even in the mix at this point.

Seattle $25m under, after Lynch's new deal
Kansas City $21m under, after Routt signing and Bowe's tag

how does AZ's cap number look like if they release Kolb before his roster bonus kicks...

BroncoInferno
03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
how does AZ's cap number look like if they release Kolb before his roster bonus kicks...

Brandt on ESPN tweeted they'd save $2 million in cap space.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
So what you're saying is that they're us with an Elite WR. What could Peyton possibly do with that.

I am saying they aren't even on par with us aside from Fitz. Also they don't have the cap room to make changes and get. Peytons guys for him.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM

They'd hardly save $1, they could post him as a June 1st cut and take the majority of the hit next year but he would still have $8m of a signing bonus to prorate as dead cap room. Even if someone traded for him Zona would still take that hit.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Unless Manning can play without his guys coming in or convincing them to come in on minimum contracts, I dont see how Zona could do this unless they dump a lot of players, start changing a lot of base salary into signing bonus for the likes of Fitz etc etc.

Denver has the money now, there and waiting, their front office could sign Manning and his boys and still be active in FA if Bowlen is prepared to stump the cash. Caproom wont be an issue at all, maybe cash will be though.

Zona could cut/restructure the likes of Brown, Porter, Fitz etc etc but that seems like a lot of work and will disrupt their roster far more than ours.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Unless Manning can play without his guys coming in or convincing them to come in on minimum contracts, I dont see how Zona could do this unless they dump a lot of players, start changing a lot of base salary into signing bonus for the likes of Fitz etc etc.

Denver has the money now, there and waiting, their front office could sign Manning and his boys and still be active in FA if Bowlen is prepared to stump the cash. Caproom wont be an issue at all, maybe cash will be though.

Zona could cut/restructure the likes of Brown, Porter, Fitz etc etc but that seems like a lot of work and will disrupt their roster far more than ours.

Hopefully, the Broncos capologist met with Manning to fill him in on this stuff before he caught the plane to Arizona.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
In the case of Tebow, he has very little if any guaranteed money left, so trading him wouldn't really cost the Broncos in terms of dead cap space.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Hopefully, the Broncos capologist met with Manning to fill him in on this stuff before he caught the plane to Arizona.

Larry Fitzgerald makes up for a lot of cap.

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
As for the notion that somehow the Cardinals or Phins are in a better position to win now than Denver I call that bull****.

1. Who won their division last year and beat the ****ing Steelers with Tebow???

2. Which division is the weakest out of the 3???

3. Which of the 3 was the last to win the ****ing Lombardi???

4. The Niners and Patriots will dominate those divisions for years regardless of Manning.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 12:16 PM

I doubt the idea of a single, star receiver would mean that much to Manning. He's made his living spreading the ball around.

cousinal11
03-11-2012, 12:19 PM
My only hope is this is Manning playing ultimate hardball with the Dolphins.

My suspicion is that really it's just Manning being afraid to compete with Brady. Which is confidence inspiring.

You are real confidence inspiring yourself beavis

eddie mac
03-11-2012, 12:19 PM

He does indeed $13m or so and in reality the Cards could move some $$ around and save $8m or so this year but in reality he's gonna end up with a $20m plus cap hit in 2013 onwards.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:21 PM
As for the notion that somehow the Cardinals or Phins are in a better position to win now than Denver I call that bull****.

1. Who won their division last year and beat the ****ing Steelers with Tebow???

We've seen Peypey take on Big Ben in the playoffs. Didn't work out how you expect.

2. Which division is the weakest out of the 3???

Inspiring to see an ATG shopping for weakest opponents.

3. Which of the 3 was the last to win the ****ing Lombardi???

Guessing going to the dance 3 years ago is more relevant than an exhibit in the Colorado sports hall of fame.

4. The Niners and Patriots will dominate those divisions for years regardless of Manning.

Wow. Sounds like Peyton's a lock for at least two titles.

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2012, 12:21 PM
They'd hardly save $1, they could post him as a June 1st cut and take the majority of the hit next year but he would still have $8m of a signing bonus to prorate as dead cap room. Even if someone traded for him Zona would still take that hit.

interesting...

thanks...

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I doubt the idea of a single, star receiver would mean that much to Manning. He's made his living spreading the ball around.

Also it is Manning making his receivers look good. Are guys like collie, garcon, or gonzales all that great? No, Peyton makes them look great and would do the same with DT Decker Willis and Julius Thomas

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM
He does indeed $13m or so and in reality the Cards could move some $$ around and save $8m or so this year but in reality he's gonna end up with a $20m plus cap hit in 2013 onwards.

Real point was you can't just pick up Larry at the Elite WR warehouse. Cap room doesn't compare to a guy on the roster.

elsid13
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM
The real question is how much is Manning looking for? He has made a lot of money over his career in Indy, and with endorsements (Sony), he got to have a lot of bank.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Wow. Sounds like Peyton's a lock for at least two titles.

It wouldn't be a shock if he pulled out.2 titles. Elway will get him anything he wants or needs. Think of 97 and 98 where. The franchise pulled out all the stops for a Lombardi. With Manning that happens again

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Also it is Manning making his receivers look good. Are guys like collie, garcon, or gonzales all that great? No, Peyton makes them look great and would do the same with DT Decker Willis and Julius Thomas

Manning's emptyhanded since his HoF'er left the building. Manning isn't a one man show.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
It wouldn't be a shock if he pulled out.2 titles. Elway will get him anything he wants or needs. Think of 97 and 98 where. The franchise pulled out all the stops for a Lombardi. With Manning that happens again

Yeah the Colts just didn't do it because they don't like hardware as much as John.

Kaylore
03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
If I was Manning, I would Choose Arizona. Throw to Larry F., Stay in a dome, play the NFC West. Yeah. Easy choice.

bendog
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Play SF twice each year? Seahags are also a better team, if they find a qb. And StLouis

TheDave
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
God bless John Elway!!!

IMO, Watching PM break every significant passing record in the nfl(in a bronco uniform) makes this worth it... Not even counting 3-4 years of playoff appearances and superbly runs.

As a side note... I'm going to be seriously bummed if this doesn't happen. Probably should have waited to buy that jersey.

Arizona... Pffft

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
If I was Manning, I would Choose Arizona. Throw to Larry F., Stay in a dome, play the NFC West. Yeah. Easy choice.

And Manning gave money to George Bush. Maybe he would prefer living in the reddest of red states. ;)

bendog
03-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I believe Mia is on his list tomorrow, and he wants to decide as early as Tues.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Don't forget the wives. I'm guessing that behind the scenes, Peyton's wife is talking to Stokely and Helton's wives. There are schools and neighborhoods to consider. If Peyton is best buddies with Stokely and Helton, it's also a good bet that his wife is good buddies with their wives. And Elway is still coaching at Kent, isn't he?

yerner
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM

Nah, it's going to come down to where Peyton feels the most comfortable with the coach and the team management.

bendog
03-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't forget the wives. I'm guessing that behind the scenes, Peyton's wife is talking to Stokely and Helton's wives. There are schools and neighborhoods to consider. If Peyton is best buddies with Stokely and Helton, it's also a good bet that his wife is good buddies with their wives. And Elway is still coaching at Kent, isn't he?

Yeah, I thought of that too. The twins turn one in a couple of weeks, so schools are a non-factor. But, Ashley Manning is intensly private. Indy was a small town and everyone wanted a piece of Payaton. I'm not sure what's a factor. Scottsdale has lots of secluded and secure neighborhoods. Miami too.

BroncoBeavis
03-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Peyton will live out of a suitcase and never be a real part of the community. Another unfortunate side effect of a guy on his last legs. And losing Tebow would be a real blow to the community.

If Peyton didn't deliver on field, the repercussions would hit this franchise on every level.

Rohirrim
03-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Peyton will live out of a suitcase and never be a real part of the community. Another unfortunate side effect of a guy on his last legs. And losing Tebow would be a real blow to the community.

If Peyton didn't deliver on field, the repercussions would hit this franchise on every level.

After the McDaniels fiasco, the Broncos are covered in scar tissue. I don't see how those repercussions would be any worse.

bendog
03-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Tebow could take of Ted Haggard's ministry. sarcasm

Tebs is a great kid, don't get me wrong. But there are literally dozens of current and former broncos doing community stuff, and Manning would join in. I'd guess he keeps a house in Indy though.

TheDave
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
After the McDaniels fiasco, the Broncos are covered in scar tissue. I don't see how those repercussions would be any worse.

This has to be payback for watching that nut rip through this town...

DBroncos4life
03-11-2012, 01:10 PM

John Lynch thinks you're a lying Dbag

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Getting Manning gets Elway off the hook having to work with a trainwreck throwing motion like Tebows. I liked the Tebow offense, it was fun to watch, but obviously the slowest release we probably have ever seen in the NFL. Amazing he made it work as well as he did. Just shows what a great athlete he is with his legs. Too bad be didn't pick the right position, he seriously could be some QB's Gronkowski type TE and probably play some FB. Although hes a little tall to meet linebacker in the hole on an every play basis. But with his athleticism im sure he could make it work at TE or maybe linebacker/safety hybrid.

cutthemdown
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Dude Tebow tanked at the end of the yr then caught a Steeler team quite frankly besieged by injuries and scored a big win. Still the Broncos in any other division, and in most division most yrs would not have made playoffs at 8-8. Broncos can't win a Superbowl with Tebows passing. Hes such a stud we can win some games, make the playoffs, but cmon he cant compete with Drew Brees, Eli, Rodgers, Peyton etc etc. Hes just not that sort of QB.

If it was anyone but Manning i would agree. To dump Tebow for an avg QB would be insane. But in the NFL you only need a 1-3 yr window to make a run. Elway feels he can make a run with Manning while he grooms a younger qb.

Its not a bad idea. Not without risk, but in the nfl that is the name of the game.

Gutless Drunk
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
3:00 PM Phoenix sportscaster Tim Ring: NFL source close to Manning: The fact that the Cardinals play in a dome is a major selling point and is of great importance to Manning.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

elsid13
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
3:00 PM Phoenix sportscaster Tim Ring: NFL source close to Manning: The fact that the Cardinals play in a dome is a major selling point and is of great importance to Manning.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

Well at least he will be able to focus on something when he is lying on his back after being hit from his blindside.

broncswin
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Dude this is tebow we are talking about...that little f-ing d-bag mcd fiasco will have nothing on this if it goes bad...I for one think it already has. I now hope we do get pm and he becomes his old self again. If these two things don't happen, we are screwed. This is the standard of today's sports world....no patience, win now or get cut, fired, or booed out of town. I will always be a huge fan of my beloved broncos, but they put me through hell far more than they bring me satisfaction...you the man John...get it done..I guess

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM

Tebow lover j/k

broncolife
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

I heard Bowlen screwed it up by telling Manning he was going to bring out his secret stash of booze, but he forgot he drank it already.

extralife
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
if we lose out because of a ****ing dome I am going to be so mad

Archer81
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Dude Tebow tanked at the end of the yr then caught a Steeler team quite frankly besieged by injuries and scored a big win. Still the Broncos in any other division, and in most division most yrs would not have made playoffs at 8-8. Broncos can't win a Superbowl with Tebows passing. Hes such a stud we can win some games, make the playoffs, but cmon he cant compete with Drew Brees, Eli, Rodgers, Peyton etc etc. Hes just not that sort of QB.

If it was anyone but Manning i would agree. To dump Tebow for an avg QB would be insane. But in the NFL you only need a 1-3 yr window to make a run. Elway feels he can make a run with Manning while he grooms a younger qb.

Its not a bad idea. Not without risk, but in the nfl that is the name of the game.

Yeah. Denver was 100% healthy too, right?

:Broncos:

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Broncos fans came to the AZ facility. I didn't see any cardinal fans hanging out in Denver

broncolife
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM

I see, going with the media hype of them having a ton of injuries and us not having any.

GreatBronco16
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
If Elway can land Manning...............well........Elway will be the MFing man.

Elway probably went all Godfather on him. You play here, or your knees are the next thing to need a nerve fusion.Ha!

R8R H8R
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Let's weigh the pros & cons of each:

Fox & Wisenhut are probably a push in PM's eyes. Both have sent overachieving teams to the SB.

Reportedly, Denver has more cash and cap-room to spend, and has already told PM that they will try to bring in whoever he wants. Important!

Ariz. has Fritz and a dome. Important to PM, but not necessarily a deal-breaker for the Broncos. The Broncos, I am sure, have already shown PM film of DT, probably the Steeler game, and sold him of his elite potential. They also have downplayed the cold weather problems, which as we know, are overblown. Besides, the cold weather never bothered Elway did it?

Denver has Tebow. I admit that is a disadvantage for us in the PM discussion, but they already have told PM thier plan on how to deal with it. We just don't know what it is.

Denver has Elway & Bowlen. Ariz has the Biden family. This is where Archie Manning comes in. Archie is the one that urged Eli to choose the Giants, because he didn't trust the charger FO & ownership. This is huge, folks!

Finally, Denver is in the AFC in a weak division. The cards are in the NFC in a division w/ a potential SB team in the Niners. Advantage Denver.

Maybe someone can find another significant advantage for Ariz., but I don't see it. I know I have Orange & Blue glasses on, but I really do think that Denver is the more ideal place for Manning when weighing the Pros & Cons.

One last thing, Elway is the wildcard here. Elway can relate to PM far more than anyone at Ariz. can. He will undoubtedly tell PM that he will treat PM just like Shanny did Elway in his last years. Don't underestimate this!

I like our chances. :strong:

broncolife
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
another pro for Pm

Gets upgraded from horse shoe to horse head.

MacGruder
03-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Nah, it's going to come down to where Peyton feels the most comfortable with the coach and the team management.

Which is why he's a loser... only a jackass would feel "comfortable" with Fox as his coach.. especially someone who should know better by now..

Mr. Comfy took the Broncos to a worse record than under McD with Orton last season...