PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth

OBF1
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Tampa Bay just released Albert Haynesworth, We need a big 4-3 tackle and he fits the bill. Do we bring him in?

UberBroncoMan
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
He'll be 31 next season. He didn't make the most of his time in TB...as evident by him getting released.

Dude is just another JaMarcus at this point.

broncswin
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
no..this guy is done...got his big money and then showed what a real dumb foneco he is. Foneco him!

Rohirrim
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XFzp3uHua40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IdahoBronco7
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Only if he has the lowest base pay possible and plays for incentives. And leaves a little food in the cafeteria for the other players..

oubronco
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Hell No!!!

bendog
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Now I'm really sorry Elway didn't hire Jeff Fisher.

IdahoBronco7
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XFzp3uHua40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And that says it all folks !

Pony Boy
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm torn between no and hell no.

Beantown Bronco
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
And that says it all folks !

Says what, exactly? That he got more push/penetration on that one play that he took off than our DTs get playing as hard as they can? It's sad, but true.

NFLBRONCO
02-15-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd rather go young at DT with all the needs we have on this team.

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1AqnsjEPLIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least he didn't pull a Zebrie Sanders.

SleepingTiger
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
i think we would have more success if we picked up jamarcus russel and left a buffet table on the opposite end of the field.

LittleFloyd
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
El Paso

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Says what, exactly? That he got more push/penetration on that one play that he took off than our DTs get playing as hard as they can? It's sad, but true.

if the price is favorable for the team then i say give it a shot.

strafen
02-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Tampa Bay just released Albert Haynesworth, We need a big 4-3 tackle and he fits the bill. Do we bring him in?This has been brought up 20 times before, the answer is still NO x 20

hookemhess
02-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Tampa Bay just released Albert Haynesworth, We need a big 4-3 tackle and he fits the bill. Do we bring him in?

http://i.imgur.com/zCtbl.gif

bendog
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.lancescurv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Big-Black-Man-With-Boobs.jpg

Powderaddict
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
He's done.

Not even worth it at this point IMO.

bendog
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
His career options are strip club bouncer

kamakazi_kal
02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
He'll be 31 next season. He didn't make the most of his time in TB...as evident by him getting released.

Dude is just another JaMarcus at this point.

he got released due to what TB would owe him

ZONA
02-15-2012, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't offer this guy anything upfront. I'd let him come to camp and fight it out. If he can prove he's worth some money, then yeah, pay him then, but not too much.

BroncoBuff
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Of course bring him in! Don't fear an effective DT merely because we haven't had one in so long.

Nobody here wanted Tommie Harris last offseason, but he had 3 sacks for the Chargers in limited time on passing downs. Poor Harris just suffered a horrible tragedy, this is awful (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100980/Tommie-Harris-NFL-stars-wife-Ashley-dies-suspected-brain-aneurysm-aged-29.html?ito=feeds-newsxml).

oubronco
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
He's definitely in my prayers

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/14/article-2100980-11BC360A000005DC-80_468x286.jpg

Shananahan
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1AqnsjEPLIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least he didn't pull a Zebrie Sanders.
I must have missed this when it happened, but.... what the hell?

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I must have missed this when it happened, but.... what the hell?

I never worked out if it was part of the stay trick play (the offensive line other than the center stay where they are to trick the defense, the WR takes off down field and the QB throws it deep) - I have seen it run a couple of times and it looks fun when it works - very much like the QB walk play where everybody stays stationary except the QB who just walks with the ball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ln3RWKyUouQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It could also be a badly missed snapcount and Sanders (who is projected in the 2nd round this year) just wanted to highlight that the center messed up by not doing anything.

RhymesayersDU
02-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't offer this guy anything upfront. I'd let him come to camp and fight it out. If he can prove he's worth some money, then yeah, pay him then, but not too much.

Exactly. With the way the NFL is structured where you can bring a guy in, cut him and not pay him, etc, why wouldn't we want a guy who could maybe be an upgrade, and if not, we cut him with zero repercussions?

People on this board get to hating somebody, and it clouds their judgement. There's zero wrong with bringing him into camp for low money. Now, would I get into a bidding war with another team over him? **** no. But if he can be had for next to nothing, absolutely.

TomServo
02-18-2012, 03:49 AM
People on this board get to hating somebody, and it clouds their judgement. There's zero wrong with bringing him into camp for low money. Now, would I get into a bidding war with another team over him? **** no. But if he can be had for next to nothing, absolutely.

cloudy? its so obvious and we are the stupid ones? fat albert got paid and got lazy. great players dont play for 3-4 teams in one -season. randy moss?terrell owens? pacman jones?
Fat Albert deserves Everything that comes his way. But O Not that. what? 20 mil signing bonus he agreed to after he said he wouldnt play in a 4-3 D?
F- you and everyone that gives scumbags like fat albrt All the benefits of the doubts

elsid13
02-18-2012, 05:43 AM
So someone wants to bring in fat over the hill mentally unstable DT because he has "name", what a stupid idea. Being released by Washington (I know it was trade for late rounder), New England and Tampa Bay in less then a year. He makes IHOP look like a HOF.

DarkHorse
02-18-2012, 07:01 AM
He'll cost next to nothing I would think so why not? Worse case is he gets dumped from yet another team, best case - he decides he really wants to play football.

ICON
02-18-2012, 10:37 AM
No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strafen
02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
He'll cost next to nothing I would think so why not? Worse case is he gets dumped from yet another team, best case - he decides he really wants to play football.

That guy is done.
What you're suggesting we do, has already been done and failed...

Old Dude
02-18-2012, 03:45 PM
That guy is done.
What you're suggesting we do, has already been done and failed...

Ditto

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Half the fan base were in emotional hysterics over a guy who kicked a football in practice. Albert is far worse than a one practice tantrum. The last team was saying the exact same thing(give him a chance)and it blew up in their face. And the team before that. No more Ty warrens. No more jamaal williams. No more 2nd and 3rd string cast offs from other teams. No more Cleveland browns DTs. No more flat out ignoring the position hoping to put a bandaid on it.

Put in a real effort and bring in a real DT

RhymesayersDU
02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
cloudy? its so obvious and we are the stupid ones? fat albert got paid and got lazy. great players dont play for 3-4 teams in one -season. randy moss?terrell owens? pacman jones?
Fat Albert deserves Everything that comes his way. But O Not that. what? 20 mil signing bonus he agreed to after he said he wouldnt play in a 4-3 D?
F- you and everyone that gives scumbags like fat albrt All the benefits of the doubts

I never said anybody was stupid. But since you asked, here's why you are:

Why are you getting so emotional over something like this? Seriously, you're like a broad who saw her favorite romcom on Valentine's day. Right here, this is why fans don't make front office decisions. Because they work off pure emotion.

There's zero wrong with a camp invitation to compete. Did I say give the guy another $20 mil guaranteed? Hell no. But it's a position of need, and every available player should at least be considered. But go ahead, keep getting worked up over it. You're clearly the sane, rational one here.

BMarsh615
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
He would come cheap and we can cut ties with him if he doesn't work out. But if he can even be half the player he was 5 years ago it will be worth it. We haven't had any passrush from the DT spot since Trevor Pryce was here.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with a camp invitation, unless that player is notorious for not participating in one

orinjkrush
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM
can he help park cars? sure!

BroncoLover
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
BIG NO NO NO

Agamemnon
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Half the fan base were in emotional hysterics over a guy who kicked a football in practice. Albert is far worse than a one practice tantrum.

Err...so is Brandon Marshall.

baja
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
He would come cheap and we can cut ties with him if he doesn't work out. But if he can even be half the player he was 5 years ago it will be worth it. We haven't had any passrush from the DT spot since Trevor Pryce was here.

The trouble is Haynesworth may look good and be a good boy for a while but if you give him a roster spot that is a spot you can't give to another promising player. Haynesworth is not trustworthy he can quit at any time. Do you want to use up a roster spot on a guy that has history of being disruptive in the locker room and untrustworthy on the chance he might turn himself around an play like he did before he got paid?

broncogary
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
The trouble is Haynesworth may look good and be a good boy for a while but if you give him a roster spot that is a spot you can't give to another promising player. Haynesworth is not trustworthy he can quit at any time. Do you want to use up a roster spot on a guy that has history of being disruptive in the locker room and untrustworthy on the chance he might turn himself around an play like he did before he got paid?

Oh, so you're saying he might leave us like you did, just because you got paid? :kiss:

baja
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Oh, so you're saying he might leave us like you did, just because you got paid? :kiss:

I got paid???