PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock bashes on Tebow

TheChamp247
02-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Just took a glance at this article and going thorugh it something caught my eye. Was wondering what your alls opinion on it was or if it was just me, but Whitlock is bashing Tebow because he is white and the only reason he is starting is because of "The predominantly white Denver Broncos fan base pressured John Fox and John Elway to elevate Tebow from third string to starter. It took a rash of injuries and total desperation to get Lin into the Knicks' lineup."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Unlike-Denver-Broncos-quarterback-Tim-Tebow-New-York-Knicks-point-guard-Jeremy-Lin-is-real-deal-021412

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 11:58 PM
If race didn't exist, what would Whitlock write about?

TD4HOF
02-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Once upon a time, he was a solid writer in the shadows of Ralph Wiley and Hunter Thompson. Now he's....what? I don't even know. Weird turn.

BowlenBall
02-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Whitlock jumped the shark some time ago. Honestly surprised that he has a job right now, but I'm sure that'll change soon....

TheChamp247
02-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Whitlock jumped the shark some time ago. Honestly surprised that he has a job right now, but I'm sure that'll change soon....

Ya no kidding right? Keep writing articles like that that not only make no sense but bring up points like that that are completly irrelevant to the topic at hand. The media dies more and more each day

Jetmeck
02-15-2012, 01:37 AM
He had some HONEST takes on the Chefs even when he lived there but this is some bad journalism..................period !!!!

The Joker
02-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Wait...

Was Kyle Orton black and I never noticed it?

Bronco Yoda
02-15-2012, 03:18 AM
He's throwing crap against the wall and getting paid for it What's new.

R8R H8R
02-15-2012, 03:19 AM
The fans that put up the billboards are Muslim. Not sure that fits into his narrative though.

GreatBronco16
02-15-2012, 04:42 AM
He's black, so he can get away with writing something like that. Could you imagine the media and religious backlash that would happen, if a white journalist wrote something like that except only blasting black people?

Welcome to the world we live in. Where racism is perfectly accepted, as long as you are Mr./Mrs. black person blasting whitey.

ThirtyDegrees
02-15-2012, 04:54 AM
He's black, so he can get away with writing something like that. Could you imagine the media and religious backlash that would happen, if a white journalist wrote something like that except only blasting black people?

Welcome to the world we live in. Where racism is perfectly accepted, as long as you are Mr./Mrs. black person blasting whitey.

It's really tough out there for white people.

WolfpackGuy
02-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Two inches of pain?

jhns
02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Wait...

This. Same with Brady Quinn. I am such a non racist that I didn't even notice. I don't see color! Or maybe I am racist because my mind makes me see our QBs as white guys?

Ray Finkle
02-15-2012, 06:07 AM
meh....it's a throw away comment in an article about Lin that will be used to get media attention to his article....

cmhargrove
02-15-2012, 06:14 AM
The nice thing is that Lin and Tebow probably would like and support each other if they met.

Whitlock is just an angry fat man looking for a gripe.

Hey Whitlock, just wait until the Tebow train hits full speed next season, you really won't like it then...

TonyR
02-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Some of you people are so sensitive. I don't really see much of a "bash" of Tebow here. His premise that Lin is more of an "underdog" than Tebow is absolutely correct. Other than some of you perhaps being uncomfortable with the race issues I don't see what the problem is here. Once again, anyone and anything that doesn't bend over backwards to praise Tebow gets hated around here.

jhns
02-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Some of you people are so sensitive. I don't really see much of a "bash" of Tebow here. His premise that Lin is more of an "underdog" than Tebow is absolutely correct. Other than some of you perhaps being uncomfortable with the race issues I don't see what the problem is here. Once again, anyone and anything that doesn't bend over backwards to praise Tebow gets hated around here.

Racist rants are okay as long as they are saying Tebow doesn't deserve what he gets!

Damn you are dumb.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Racist rants are okay as long as they are saying Tebow doesn't deserve what he gets!

What do you find "racist"? Again, you're over reacting. Stop being such a Nancy. You're soft.

Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter.

^ Looks like Whitlock wrote this specifically for people like you.

jhns
02-15-2012, 06:50 AM
What do you find "racist"? Again, you're over reacting. Stop being such a Nancy. You're soft.

^ Looks like Whitlock wrote this specifically for people like you.

So racist rants aren't racist if the racist says thry aren't racist... Very intelligent argument. Only someone with your superior brain power could come up with something this retarded.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
So racist rants aren't racist if the racist says thry aren't racist... Very intelligent argument. Only someone with your superior brain power could come up with something this retarded.

You can throw around as many insults as you want. That won't cover up for for the fact that you still haven't even attempted to answer my question and that you don't remotely have a specific criticism of the article but instead the usual vague, general jhns hatred, incivility, and ignorance.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Whitlock has been doing this for years. Most of his articles are spawned during his 4th trip to the buffet at the local Sizzlers. Whitlocks comment about Lins "small private parts" should get him fired. A white journalist would certainly be fired. Like Imus commenting on hair.

You can't expect much from a guy who wrote an article explaining why the pats vs ravens game was white vs black.

This Article is a result of his twitter post that is most certainly racist. He had to write a follow up apologizing while deflecting his ignorance back onto religion than race.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:18 AM
You can throw around as many insults as you want. That won't cover up for for the fact that you still haven't even attempted to answer my question and that you don't remotely have a specific criticism of the article but instead the usual vague, general jhns hatred, incivility, and ignorance.

He said Tebow is starting here because he is white... The 8-5 record, compared to the other starters 1-4 record, doesn't prove that wrong or anything! The other two QBs are also white... He says Newton should have started over a guy that set a ****load of college records and won a LOT of games. The winning can't be the reason Tebow was starting!

The entire article is garbage. This guy always goes off on racist rants. You defend it because you are a racist moron.

Binkythefrog
02-15-2012, 07:24 AM
As an Asian-American myself who loves the Broncos, I found this statement pretty absurd:

"Jeremy Lin is performing and succeeding in a culture ó the black basketball culture ó that is perceived by many Asian Americans as hostile toward them"

How can he say this when the NBA is constantly marekting their brand and image towards China?

I think journalists like Whitlock like to overemphasize the race angle just for attention, or because they don't know the experience of other minorities. As an Asian who grew up in the predominantly white suburbs of Denver and has lived in a couple major US cities, I can count on one hand the number of times I've faced any type of serious racial profiling, stereotyping, or abuse, and on two of those occasions it was from little kids. Guys like Whitlock make it seems much worse than it really is.... I don't see the "black basketball culture" as hostile, I see it more as dynamic and interesting.

It's crazy that he thinks Tebow's glory is partly due to him being white. I really believe that our country would have treated him largely the same no matter what race he is, but that only our media would have treated him differently. I could be naive, but I'm only speaking from my experience.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 07:25 AM
This is nothing new. Whitlock had articles out already about Tebow Getting passes cause he's white. He's flat out said of tebow was black he would get benched. Then went into emotional hysterics about Sarah Palin, and an empty dessert bar at the local Sizzlers

TonyR
02-15-2012, 07:26 AM
He said Tebow is starting here because he is white... The 8-5 record, compared to the other starters 1-4 record, doesn't prove that wrong or anything! The other two QBs are also white... He says Newton should have started over a guy that set a ****load of college records and won a LOT of games. The winning can't be the reason Tebow was starting!

The entire article is garbage. This guy always goes off on racist rants. You defend it because you are a racist moron.

LOL Such a drama queen. I don't see how/where Whitlock says Tebow is starting "because he's white". And since he replaced a white QB I don't see how that would even be an issue. Why do you go to such lengths to contrive grievances and play the victim? I also like your logic that I, a white man, am somehow "racist" for not having a beef with Whitlock, a black man. That makes sense in jnhs world I guess. What a dope.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
LOL Such a drama queen. I don't see how/where Whitlock says Tebow is starting "because he's white". And since he replaced a white QB I don't see how that would even be an issue. Why do you go to such lengths to contrive grievances and play the victim? I also like your logic that I, a white man, am somehow "racist" for not having a beef with Whitlock, a black man. That makes sense in jnhs world I guess. What a dope.

You defend a racist and his ra ist rants. That makes you a racist. If I defender some crap about something the KKK put out, what wouod you think of me?

This guy is a known racist. Everyone but you sees it. You don't see it because you are a racist. This is normal for you...

TonyR
02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
How can he say this when the NBA is constantly marekting their brand and image towards China?

There's a bit of a difference between what the league is doing as a corporate/business entity and the culture of the actual teams and players. Agree with you that Whitlock is over dramatizing and over doing the race angle but I think your point above misses the mark for the reasons I stated. I think people need to stop focusing on the side issues and insinuations and instead note that Whitlock is making a positive story about the Lin story. And I don't know how anyone could disagree, it's a great story. Focus on the big picture and the major point, not the window dressing.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
There's a bit of a difference between what the league is doing as a corporate/business entity and the culture of the actual teams and players. Agree with you that Whitlock is over dramatizing and over doing the race angle but I think your point above misses the mark for the reasons I stated. I think people need to stop focusing on the side issues and insinuations and instead note that Whitlock is making a positive story about the Lin story. And I don't know how anyone could disagree, it's a great story. Focus on the big picture and the major point, not the window dressing.

Yeah, give racist rants a chance!

TonyR
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
You defend a racist and his ra ist rants. That makes you a racist. If I defender some crap about something the KKK put out, what wouod you think of me?

This guy is a known racist. Everyone but you sees it. You don't see it because you are a racist. This is normal for you...

I don't seek it out and let it bother me like you do. You further his cause by getting dramatic about it. He wants dopes like you to react the way you do. That benefits him. There's a forest, and there are trees. Maybe at some point in life you'll figure out the difference.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
I don't seek it out and let it bother me like you do. You further his cause by getting dramatic about it. He wants dopes like you to react the way you do. That benefits him. There's a forest, and there are trees. Maybe at some point in life you'll figure out the difference.

It doesn't bother me at all. I will call it what it is. You? You defend it. That isn't ignoring it. Of course racists don't mind a good racist rant...

bendog
02-15-2012, 07:41 AM

At least he didn't say Tim has a small penis. (-:

Seriously, Whitlock got his johnson in slammer because he wrote an article saying Lin was going to give a woman two inches of happiness, which was a slam on the ethnic slam of asian guys having small dongs. The latest was just Whitlock spinning. I mean why does it make any sense that the Denver predominantly white (and large born again group that dominates the gop) pressured EFX into starting Tebow. They did! It's TRUE!

And so what? It's not like EFX cut Marlin Briscoe to let Tebow have the job. And, let's not even pay attention the fact that Briscoe at 5-10 was really too short for qb, and that Saban's true idiocy was to cut the guy who led Mia in catches in its undefeated season.

Actually, I think the real story here is Jeremy Lin. Melo went to the Knicks cause NY is his town. LeBron was too stupid to keep Clev in his pocket, but consider poor Melo's plight. Now instead of being the king of NY, he's got the gazillion asians who live like cockroaches above take out places cheering one of there own. It's an outrage and I feel sorry for them and Whitcock.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Where I post the most is on Fox Sports. I understand what tony is saying, but Whitlock is clearly racist and has been for a long time. This new article is puppies and unicorns compared to the crap he has thrown out there before. Saying the patriots are a "white bred" team just proves it. And repeatingly say if tebow was black he would be benched just shows bitterness.

bendog
02-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Have you seen the size of the johnsons on those guys, though? Makes me afraid to shower at the gym.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
...I think the real story here is Jeremy Lin.

My point exactly. And Whitlock's, too. But some people are too busy getting faux offended and victimized to notice.

jhns
02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
My point exactly. And Whitlock's, too. But some people are too busy getting faux offended and victimized to notice.

Victimized? LOL

Such the little racist drama queen.

"But the story is about Jeremy Lin, so it can't be racist!"

Again, LOL

Not only are you a racist drama queen, you are a very stupid racist drama queen.

BroncoBen
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
I liked Jason Whitlock when he wrote about the Chiefs... he was always taking them to task.

bendog
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM

yeah, but if you're a professional sports commentator, it's really wrong to give credence to ethnic urban legends. I remember when Howard Cosel had this

"Little monkey" commentDuring a Monday Night Football telecast on September 5, 1983, Cosell said of Washington Redskins wide receiver Alvin Garrett, "That little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" The Rev. Joseph Lowery, then-president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, denounced Cosell's comment as racist and demanded a public apology, but Cosell refused, citing his past support for black athletes and stating that "little monkey" was an affectionate term he had used in the past for diminutive white athletes (including Mike Adamle, for whom Cosell was on record using the term 11 years prior), as well as for his own grandson.

Cosell left the Monday Night Football booth following the 1983 season, citing his waning interest in professional football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Cosell#.22Little_monkey.22_comment

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 08:29 AM
So if the real story is about Jeremy Lin, why was Tebow's name even mentioned?

i dont get the comparison at all...Tebow won championships at the college level...he was a huge star..America knew who Tebow was...Lin didnt win anything and no one had a clue who he was...

lost in all of this are Warrior FANS...every single warrior game the entire arena was chant out Lin's name...throughout the whole games...they knew what Lin was about..too bad that ownership has no clue how to run a team, thinking they would get DeAndre Jordan?? HAHA

Rohirrim
02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Basketball sucks.

Smiling Assassin27
02-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Basketball sucks.

Sincerely,

Soccer

FIFY

Tombstone RJ
02-15-2012, 08:37 AM
So if the real story is about Jeremy Lin, why was Tebow's name even mentioned?

i dont get the comparison at all...Tebow won championships at the college level...he was a huge star..America knew who Tebow was...Lin didnt win anything and no one had a clue who he was...

lost in all of this are Warrior FANS...every single warrior game the entire arena was chant out Lin's name...throughout the whole games...they knew what Lin was about..too bad that ownership has no clue how to run a team, thinking they would get DeAndre Jordan?? HAHA

well obviously because a racist and predominantly white population in Denver forced the Broncos to play Tebow. It has nothing to do with the fact that Orton sucked. Tebow is getting a shot becuase he's white of course.

Don't you realize we live in a racist society? Whitlock knows this and he's just trying to point it out to all of us idiots.

Also, Whitlock voted for BO because BO is black. Just saying...

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
well obviously because a racist and predominantly white population in Denver forced the Broncos to play Tebow. It has nothing to do with the fact that Orton sucked. Tebow is getting a shot becuase he's white of course.

Don't you realize we live in a racist society? Whitlock knows this and he's just trying to point it out to all of us idiots.

Also, Whitlock voted for BO because BO is black. Just saying...

not only is he racist, hes fat and liberal(the dumb kind) too..

Rohirrim
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
FIFY

Soccer sucks worse.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 09:07 AM
...why was Tebow's name even mentioned?

Because despite the many differences there are also obvious similarities. Players that many doubted bringing unlikely and/or improbable success and the fan bases getting excited about it. Also, in both cases, there are questions about whether or not it's "real". In other words, are the players really that good and will the success continue, or is it just a "nice story" that will come and go.

BroncoBeavis
02-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Come on man! Isn't that Bronco white? Nuff said. :)

Where I post the most is on Fox Sports. I understand what tony is saying, but Whitlock is clearly racist and has been for a long time. This new article is puppies and unicorns compared to the crap he has thrown out there before. Saying the patriots are a "white bred" team just proves it. And repeatingly say if tebow was black he would be benched just shows bitterness.

fdf
02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Wait...

This is not a widely known fact. But Orton decided to be a black-american in high-school. He's been battling racism ever since.

jhns
02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Because despite the many differences there are also obvious similarities. Players that many doubted bringing unlikely and/or improbable success and the fan bases getting excited about it. Also, in both cases, there are questions about whether or not it's "real". In other words, are the players really that good and will the success continue, or is it just a "nice story" that will come and go.

Yeah! That is why race was the focus...

You are an idiot. Keep defending the racist. It really is making you look good.

alkemical
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I wonder how many OM posters are drunk/stones/popped_pills when posting.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah! That is why race was the focus...

You are an idiot. Keep defending the racist. It really is making you look good.

Race was "the focus" (it wasn't, but I'll play along) to tweak dopes like you. Mission accomplished. For a reactionary, mob mentality, ignoramus like you this is like a moth to a flame.

But I'm the idiot...

jhns
02-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Race was "the focus" (it wasn't, but I'll play along) to tweak dopes like you. Mission accomplished. For a reactionary, mob mentality, ignoramus like you this is like a moth to a flame.

But I'm the idiot...

Race wasn't the issue in the article? Talking about Tebow getting chances because he is white, while Newton is held back for being black, isn't in the article? This is exactly why you are too stupid for message boards. You wouldn't pass a second grade reading test.

Yes, you are the idiot. Notice how you are the only one claiming race isn't an issue in the article? Notice how you just had to go with a macgruder defense? Way to prove my point.

TonyR
02-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Race wasn't the issue in the article? Talking about Tebow getting chances because he is white, while Newton is held back for being black, isn't in the article? This is exactly why you are too stupid for message boards. You wouldn't pass a second grade reading test.

Yes, you are the idiot. Notice how you are the only one claiming race isn't an issue in the article? Notice how you just had to go with a macgruder defense? Way to prove my point.

I didn't say race "isn't an issue". I said it isn't the issue. Follow along, jhns. I've already explained this multiple times. Take deep breaths before and after reading. Try to focus. I know this is hard.

I hate to have to hold your hand all the time, you're a big boy who should be able to figure things like this out on your own. But here, straight from the article, is a good summary of what the article is really about. Forest, trees. Someday you might get it, but not until you learn to listen and be a bit more thoughtful. It may come with maturity. And then again, it may not.

Jeremy Lin authentically represents everything some in the media want to believe Tim Tebow represents. Lin is a true underdog succeeding in an environment where his failure was assumed.

BroncoBeavis
02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
The Man is clearly lined up against Cam Newton and every other athlete of color. In the words of the immortal Nat X.

I think we all know who the man is! Iím talking about the same man who calls a white mouse a pet and feeds it cheese, and calls a black mouse a rat and tries to kill it!
Iím talking about the same man who invented the game of pool: a game in which the player uses a white ball and a stick to knock a bunch of colored balls off a table and into a bunch of holes! :)

jhns
02-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I didn't say race "isn't an issue". I said it isn't the issue. Follow along, jhns. I've already explained this multiple times. Take deep breaths before and after reading. Try to focus. I know this is hard.

I hate to have to hold your hand all the time, you're a big boy who should be able to figure things like this out on your own. But here, straight from the article, is a good summary of what the article is really about. Forest, trees. Someday you might get it, but not until you learn to listen and be a bit more thoughtful. It may come with maturity. And then again, it may not.

That is another racist statement as it is exactly what Tebow is doing. You are a prime example of this. As if Tebow isn't questioned constantly, even after winning with a **** team... This can't be though, because Tebow is white!

So race is an issue, but you take offense to people pointing it out? This is exactly my point. You are a racist moron.

But the article is about blah, it can't be racist! You know, because racists would never talk about blah!

Your stupidity is at least entertaining.

oubronco
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/35l4s2h.jpg

TonyR
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
So race is an issue, but you take offense to people pointing it out? This is exactly my point. You are a racist moron.

But the article is about blah, it can't be racist! You know, because racists would never talk about blah!

LOL Says the guy who clearly doesn't even understand the article. Did you even read it? Good grief, jhns, read the last 3 paragraphs.

Yes, I played the hip-hop culture card. Hip-hop music is a capitalistic success. Hip-hop culture is an utter failure. The me-first, rebellious, anti-intellect culture directly contradicts all the values taught in team sports and most of the values necessary to sustain a civilized society.

I don't get to pick which tweets my supporters and critics choose to interpret. In 140 characters, I can't link to all the on-an-island-by-myself columns that directly contradict the absurd notion that I'm for the unfair treatment of any human being, regardless of color, religion, legal sexual preference, etc.

Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter.

I realize this may be way over your head. People who have self-importance issues as deep seated as you struggle with stuff like this. I can't make you understand, jhns. I can only point you in the right direction. The rest is up to you. Sink or swim.

jhns
02-15-2012, 09:48 AM
LOL Says the guy who clearly doesn't even understand the article. Did you even read it? Good grief, jhns, read the last 3 paragraphs.

I realize this may be way over your head. People who have self-importance issues as deep seated as you struggle with stuff like this. I can't make you understand, jhns. I can only point you in the right direction. The rest is up to you. Sink or swim.

Look at tony trying to defend the racist. He tries so hard and gets nowhere.

Go ahead and explain how any of that changes the fact that the guy, and this article, are racist. This should be fun.

Spider
02-15-2012, 10:09 AM
who gives a **** ?

RhymesayersDU
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
L-O-L @ jhns the buffoon.

Rohirrim
02-15-2012, 11:31 AM
OJ tried to escape in a white Bronco. I'm just sayin'...

bendog
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, when you think about it, Harvard and MIT and CalPoly and Berkley all have lots of Asians, and it helps not being dumb if you're a point guard. Just sayin.

Whitlock sorta missed the point though that it isn't really whitey doing the tebow thing. The folks who tend to ignore the huge holes in his game, and the very real concerns he may not be able to overcome them, are pushing religion rather than reality. Not that religion is necessarily irrational.

Pick Six
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Wait...

Of course he was black. He could never break through the white goal line...;D

bendog
02-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I liked the part where he tried to differentiate the desperation of the knicks in starting Lin and writing EFX weren't desperate. Whitcock sort of put himself in a loose loose situation, where he should just let it go. But I give him credit for focusing on Lin being a real underdog where Tebow really isn't. A first round pick isn't an underdog. Not Rodgers and not Tebow. Lin couldn't get a scholarship to a big program. He's bounced around training camps. Whitcock can't let the race thing go, but has to bring up the Asian/Black conflict, and go on to say Amare and Melo should be "ashamed" a guy with less talent is excelling while they underperform. Race has nothing to do with it. Kobe's a jerk but he isn't exactly a guy who underperforms.

Tebow's narrative has nothing to do with being an underdog. The guy wanted to play QB but he didn't have the skills in HS or College so he picked programs that would fit his profile rather than working his ass off like a guy like Drew Brees who despite marginal athleticism learned to make plays with knowledge. Tebow's wrapped up in his Jesus narrative of God putting him in the postition to draw attention to God. This gives the religious right folks warm fuzzies. But the reality is that it doesn't mean jack ****e to whether he'll master a NFL passing scheme. He's now trying to learn what he should have learned 6 years ago.

Jason7730
02-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Of course he was black. He could never break through the white goal line...;D
Orton was born a poor black child.....;D

ColoradoDarin
02-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Wait, a racist person says something racist and everyone is surprised?

BroncoBeavis
02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Tebow's narrative has nothing to do with being an underdog. The guy wanted to play QB but he didn't have the skills in HS or College so he picked programs that would fit his profile rather than working his ass off like a guy like Drew Brees who despite marginal athleticism learned to make plays with knowledge. Tebow's wrapped up in his Jesus narrative of God putting him in the postition to draw attention to God. This gives the religious right folks warm fuzzies. But the reality is that it doesn't mean jack ****e to whether he'll master a NFL passing scheme. He's now trying to learn what he should have learned 6 years ago.

This is a pretty bull**** read. Tebow had to pick a different high school program because the one his brothers went through wanted him to play linebacker (because of his size and strength) He wanted to be a QB. Had already had tons of success playing QB, so he found a high school program that wanted him as a QB. And he excelled.

So well, in fact that when it came to college, Tebow pretty much had his pick of any premiere program in the country. In the end he picked the Gators because he trusted Meyer, and also important... grew up in Gatorland as a big Gators fan.

But the idea that Tim "didn't have the skills" while he was being heavily recruited by the likes of UF, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Michigan, OSU... etc etc is laughable.

Shananahan
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
But the idea that Tim "didn't have the skills" while he was being heavily recruited by the likes of UF, LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Michigan, OSU... etc etc is laughable.
Exactly the point! Rather than go somewhere he would need to change his playing style and learn to be a real QB, he went with a place like Florida and a coach like Meyer where he wouldn't have to change at all!

Tebow's been taking the easy way out his entire life! Hell, if his mom hadn't been such a pro-lifer Tebow would have taken the easy way out of even being born!

errand
02-15-2012, 03:38 PM
The Man is clearly lined up against Cam Newton and every other athlete of color. In the words of the immortal Nat X.

I think we all know who the man is! Iím talking about the same man who calls a white mouse a pet and feeds it cheese, and calls a black mouse a rat and tries to kill it!
Iím talking about the same man who invented the game of pool: a game in which the player uses a white ball and a stick to knock a bunch of colored balls off a table and into a bunch of holes! :)

I wonder what his opinion of bowling is? You know, the game where a black ball tries to stay out of the gutter, and knocks over a bunch of white pins.....with red necks.

Boogerboots
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I would be desiress to see a Limbaugh vs Whitlock cagematch. FIGHT!

Aftermath
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Racist. Fire him.

Jay3
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
"Predominantly white Broncos fanbase?"