PDA

View Full Version : Tebow working out with UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone

Pages : [1] 2

COBronc78
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39901/tim-tebow-working-with-qb-guru

A key to the Denver Broncos' offseason will be improving Tim Tebow’s game.

The Broncos cannot work with him yet, but Tebow has gotten a jump on his improvement plan. Bruce Feldman of CBS tweeted that Tebow is in Los Angles this week to work with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone on his mechanics.

Mazzone is considered one of the premier quarterback coaches in the college ranks.

Once the Broncos can work with Tebow in the spring, Tebow is going to work closely with the coaching staff and John Elway. He has said several times he will work with Tebow, concentrating on his foot work.

Tebow will go to training camp as Denver’s starter and he will keep the job in the season if he makes strides. His work with Mazzone shows Tebow is not wasting much time in trying to improve his game.

enjolras
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
That's excellent news.

DarkHorse
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
The guy knows he has issues and goes out on his own to fix them. How can you not like the guy?

I don't get it. He's not great, barely good to be honest, but I can't find myself rooting against him. At all.

Spider
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Bout dayum time ........ a great step in the right direction .....

ColoradoDarin
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/gifs/DuffmanThrustinggood.gif

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/gifs/NZGpG.gif

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/gifs/Dog-eats-standing-up.gif

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
That's excellent news.

Shut up clown...

The Tebow is too much for lowely UCLA guy. Tebow will come out of this looking the same. This UCLA coach will come out of it with a long windup and the inability get his feet set consistently.

bronco militia
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Noel Mazzone ???

must be good friends with someone Elway knows.

KO5K
02-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Hopefully will shut the clowns up who try and claim that Tebow has anything but a great work ethic.

gyldenlove
02-14-2012, 01:30 PM
The guy knows he has issues and goes out on his own to fix them. How can you not like the guy?

I don't get it. He's not great, barely good to be honest, but I can't find myself rooting against him. At all.

There has never been a question about his motivation and desire to do what it takes to win, I am not surprised he is working his ass off and I hope it pays off in a big way for him.

Spider
02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Hopefully will shut the clowns up who try and claim that Tebow has anything but a great work ethic.

took him long enough didnt it ....... I guess frolic time for pretty boy is over

Miss I.
There has never been a question about his motivation and desire to do what it takes to win, I am not surprised he is working his ass off and I hope it pays off in a big way for him.

honey I think you missed the 37 call out threads, largely led by a certain throat punching truck driver questioning Tebow's work ethic. I get questioning his skillset, but the recent insipid, groundless crap accusing him of laziness and worse was borderline mentally challenged or drug induced.

Dedhed

Haven't been around much this off season have you. There have been questions about exactly that voiced by two of the geniuses in this very thread.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
is this workout only for a week or is it going to continue most of the offseason?

it is great that he is doing this, but he needs more than 1 week of training.

Dedhed
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Noel Mazzone ???

must be good friends with someone Elway knows.
Mazzone has close ties to Dennis Erickson, who worked with Jack Elway.

pricejj
02-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Looks like Noel Mazzone was Philip Rivers Offensive Coordinator at NC State in 2004 (obviously didn't have much of an effect on Rivers throwing motion).

Mazzone was also Offensive Coordinator the last 2 years at ASU, where he worked with Brock Osweiler.

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 01:43 PM
took him long enough didnt it ....... I guess frolic time for pretty boy is over

Yeah, I'm sure the team trainer told him to forget the torn rib tissue, the bruised lung and fluid build up.. and get out there and start winging the ball again right away.

KO5K
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
is this workout only for a week or is it going to continue most of the offseason?

From a Fox sports article...

...he had a workout scheduled with his quarterbacks coach, something he'll be doing for the next few weeks in Los Angeles.

pricejj
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM

...to be fair, Brady's QB coach said he could "fix Tebow" in 2 weeks.

With Tebow's legendary work ethic, I'm sure Mazzone could fix Tebow in like a day and a half.

jhns

Why would you want this to continue for most of the offseason? Why would this be better than working with the team, when he is allowed?

BroncoBen

At least Tim is working with someone other than his Brother, and if this guy is as good as advertised.. then good. I am sure some type of video is going to be made available to the Broncos so they know what is being worked on as well.

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the team trainer told him to forget the torn rib tissue, the bruised lung and fluid build up.. and get out there and start winging the ball again right away.

I seperated some ribs a couple years ago and it is a constant pain that is pretty annoying but not debilitating. It won't heal if you are throwing footballs, or even breathing hard/coughing/rolling over wrong. If he didn't take a few weeks off, they would still be seperated going into next season.

pricejj
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Why would you want this to continue for most of the offseason? Why would this be better than working with the team, when he is allowed?

Did you watch any of the Broncos games this season?

Am pretty sure all good QB's have a private QB coach to work with...especially now with the new CBA.

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
At least Tim is working with someone other than his Brother, and if this guy is as good as advertised.. then good. I am sure some type of video is going to be made available to the Broncos so they know what is being worked on as well.

He will still work out with his brother when not working with a QB guru. The exact same thing he did last offseason. The only difference will be that he can work with the team sooner.

pricejj
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
He will still work out with his brother when not working with a QB guru. The exact same thing he did last offseason. The only difference will be that he can work with the team sooner.

So you think Tebow should just be taking sledge hammers to tractor tires until April?

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Did you watch any of the Broncos games this season?

So you would rather see him working in CA, with a UCLA guy, than with the teams coaches and players? You do know that we have a QB coach, o-coordinator, and Elway, right?

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
So you think Tebow should just be taking sledge hammers to tractor tires until April?

That isn't all he did last year. He worked with a QB coach last offseason. You are an idiot.

I guarantee you that he spends time working out at his facility with his brother. He probably already has.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I seperated some ribs a couple years ago and it is a constant pain that is pretty annoying but not debilitating. It won't heal if you are throwing footballs, or even breathing hard/coughing/rolling over wrong. If he didn't take a few weeks off, they would still be seperated going into next season.

you did get he was sarcastically replying to Spider's moronic statement about finally getting to work right?

55CrushEm
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM

L-O-L.....whut? You ARE kidding, right?

Love him or hate him....the fact is, there are few people if any, that work harder that Tebow.

You can question his accuracy...you can question his mechanics....you can question his long-term prospects in this league.....

You can't question his work ethic.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
So you would rather see him working in CA, with a UCLA guy, than with the teams coaches and players? You do know that we have a QB coach, o-coordinator, and Elway, right?
I dont care as long as he is working on it ..... Hell even if he hired Jeff George , anyone .....

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM

Love him or hate him....the fact is, there are few people if any, that work harder that Tebow.

You can question his accuracy...you can question his mechanics....you can question his long-term prospects in this league.....

Can I question if he banged Kardashian ?

Xenos
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks like Noel Mazzone was Philip Rivers Offensive Coordinator at NC State in 2004 (obviously didn't have much of an effect on Rivers throwing motion).Mazzone was also Offensive Coordinator the last 2 years at ASU, where he worked with Brock Osweiler.

Probably because Rivers' throwing motion works fine in the NFL.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:11 PM

no need to coddle the pusscake

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
you did get he was sarcastically replying to Spider's moronic statement about finally getting to work right?

Nope. There is no such thing as sarcasm on message boards. Maybe if we were video chatting... I don't think you understand how sarcasm works.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
honey I think you missed the 37 call out threads, largely led by a certain throat punching truck driver questioning Tebow's work ethic. I get questioning his skillset, but the recent insipid, groundless crap accusing him of laziness and worse was borderline mentally challenged or drug induced.

it is ok Princess , get a new pair of heels you will feel better

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I dont care as long as he is working on it ..... Hell even if he hired Jeff George , anyone .....

So you think Jeff George is better than Elway? What a terrible "fan"...

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:15 PM

37 ? ........ LMAo drama much there queenie ?

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:16 PM
So you think Jeff George is better than Elway? What a terrible "fan"...

Yeah I know .......but I am working on it

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah I know .......but I am working on it

Did you hire a coach?

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Did you hire a coach?

Hell yes ..... and Iam going to get a Tattoo of the Broncos on my knee , swear my undying love for Tebow , then go on a crusade against sarcasm on a message board ....... Doing all of this in a weeks time to ;D

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Hell yes ..... and Iam going to get a Tattoo of the Broncos on my knee , swear my undying love for Tebow , then go on a crusade against sarcasm on a message board ....... Doing all of this in a weeks time to ;D

At least the coaching is paying off.

Archer81
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM

And you jumped on other posters for knocking women...

Interesting.

:Broncos:

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:23 PM
And you jumped on other posters for knocking women...

Interesting.

I didnt call her a whore , I didnt use foul language , I know this doesnt mean anything to a shiat head like you , not so interesting now is it douche ?

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
At least the coaching is paying off.

it will for ole whats his face also .......... I hope

Steve Prefontaine
I didnt call her a whore , I didnt use foul language , I know this doesnt mean anything to a shiat head like you , not so interesting now is it douche ?

Nope, it's not "everyone else". It's you.

Archer81

No. But you did demean her by telling her to "buy some shoes".

That's whats interesting.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Nope, it's not "everyone else". It's you.

what are you yapping about ?

55CrushEm
02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Can I question if he banged Kardashian ?

Sure. But we already know the answer to that.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:27 PM

LOL really ? you get ahold of a spiked wiener or something ? telling her to buy a new pair of shoes is the same thing as calling her a whore ? a slut ? A piece of filth ?

Spider
Sure. But we already know the answer to that.

;D

Miss I.
37 ? ........ LMAo drama much there queenie ?

It's called exaggeration for effect dumbass, but I would expect you to understand. WTF is wrong with you lately anyway? Did you not get enough fiber in your diet or something....Geezus...

And bitch, take that tone with me again and I will find a use for that gold thong and ball bearings that you probably won't like much. :egbgb:

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 02:28 PM

And you say you got divorced... hard to believe. :)

Steve Prefontaine
02-14-2012, 02:28 PM
what are you yapping about ?
You're slower than usual today.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
And you say you got divorced... hard to believe. :) LMAO I see so if I tell a woman to go buy a pair of Heels , Basically I am calling her a whore .......

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
You're slower than usual today.

well in my defense I am just relieved Tebow quit the playboy act and got back to work ........

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM

I'd NEVER say that to my wife. But for mostly budgetary reasons. :)

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Nope. There is no such thing as sarcasm on message boards. Maybe if we were video chatting... I don't think you understand how sarcasm works.

sarcasm does not actually require video unless you are functionally challenged. it is all about the tone, which granted in written form is more difficult to understand for the stupid, but it can be detected even in written form.

Now being an asshole, well you do have that one down pretty well and it comes across loud and clear in your especially eloquent rants on Cutler and Tebow (Oh by the way, just to help you out, the use of eloquent was SARCASTIC, probably more IRONIC because truly your rants are NOT eloquent, but either way maybe you understand now. Next time I will draw a picture if it helps).

:flower:

Archer81
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
LOL really ? you get ahold of a spiked wiener or something ? telling her to buy a new pair of shoes is the same thing as calling her a whore ? a slut ? A piece of filth ?

Telling someone to "buy some shoes, you will feel better" is condescending. So when a man tells a woman to buy some shoes to improve her mood because you disagree with what she said, that makes you a bit sexist. Which does not make you any different than someone disagreeing with a female poster and asking her if she is on the rag.

So to say what you did to Miss I, while launching into tirades against TheRev makes you a hypocrite.

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
sarcasm does not actually require video unless you are functionally challenged. it is all about the tone, which granted in written form is more difficult to understand for the stupid, but it can be detected even in written form.

Now being an a-hole, well you do have that one down pretty well and it comes across loud and clear in your especially eloquent rants on Cutler and Tebow (Oh by the way, just to help you out, the use of eloquent was SARCASTIC, probably more IRONIC because truly your rants are NOT eloquent, but either way maybe you understand now. Next time I will draw a picture if it helps).

:flower:

Stop being such a hater.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd NEVER say that to my wife. But for mostly budgetary reasons. :)

LOL I remember 1 TIME I did drop the C bomb on my ex .. That shiat only happened once , she was only 98 pounds but she hit me 3 ways , fast , hard and Non stop ;D Lesson learned

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Telling someone to "buy some shoes, you will feel better" is condescending. So when a man tells a woman to buy some shoes to improve her mood because you disagree with what she said, that makes you a bit sexist. Which does not make you any different than someone disagreeing with a female poster and asking her if she is on the rag.

So to say what you did to Miss I, while launching into tirades against TheRev makes you a hypocrite.

LMAO you retard seriously , I didnt jump on the revs ass for being condescending you Idiot , I jumped his ass for the language he used .....Please tell me you are not this ****ing dumb , that you are just trying to bust on me as some get back for all of the times I have pointed out your stupidity ......

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
And Sir , if you think all the rev told Sassy and blue is they was on the rag , then mister you are a bald face liar .......

bronco militia
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
lmao!! spider is still the king of trolling the Mane

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.zsport.org/forum/images/smilies/96hvdg.gif

Archer81
02-14-2012, 02:42 PM
LMAO you retard seriously , I didnt jump on the revs ass for being condescending you Idiot , I jumped his ass for the language he used .....Please tell me you are not this ****ing dumb , that you are just trying to bust on me as some get back for all of the times I have pointed out your stupidity ......

Dance, puppet. Dance.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:42 PM
lmao!! spider is still the king of trolling the Mane

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D i was going o let it go until some teboners got all high and mighty and feeling vindicated ..... I just couldnt let em enjoy the news after that ;D

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Stop being such a hater.

I am starting to like you. you bastard. ;D

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Dance, puppet. Dance.

Translation = you are right spider you didnt jump his ass for being condescending Iam just talking out of my ass cause no one is here to love on it on valentines day ..........

OBF1
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
It's called exaggeration for effect dumbass, but I would expect you to understand. WTF is wrong with you lately anyway? Did you not get enough fiber in your diet or something....Geezus...

And b****, take that tone with me again and I will find a use for that gold thong and ball bearings that you probably won't like much. :egbgb:

Do not kid yourself for a moment Miss I ... Tinkerbell would be all over an offer like this. ROFL!

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
And Sir , if you think all the rev told Sassy and blue is they was on the rag , then mister you are a bald face liar .......

Far be it from me to defend the Rev, as he and I get into quite often, but he was not the one who made the remarks in that thread about the rag. He accused Sassy of trolling if I recall correctly, but the guys who were implying the nasty little feminine hygiene tactics were lead largely by Dagmar if you are talking about the thread I think you are.

As far as your remarks to me, they are patrontizing and particularly sexist. you seem to understand that telling me to get into a kitchen and cook for you is sexist or talking about my menses is inappropriate, but the fact that you told me basically to go shopping and buy shoes seems to have escaped you as being the sexist crap that it is. Generally Spider, I laugh **** off like that because most of the guys do mean it as a joke, but to be honest as of late the very mean spiritedness of your posts has made me a little sad. You've always been a colorful character and made me laugh, but I don't know if it is just the overabundance of Teboners or what, but you've become cruel and rude in a way I never saw you as before.

Just my opinion, and as we all know much like assholes, every one has one. Peace out brother. :welcome:

pricejj
02-14-2012, 02:52 PM

The new CBA dictates that players can have NO contact with coaches until April...so yes I would like to see him put in some work during the 4 month hiatus.

...BTW not impressed with "Wishbone" McCoy, or Gase the Receivers Coach.

oubronco
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Just kiss and make up already

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Far be it from me to defend the Rev, as he and I get into quite often, but he was not the one who made the remarks in that thread about the rag. He accused Sassy of trolling if I recall correctly, but the guys who were implying the nasty little feminine hygiene tactics were lead largely by Dagmar if you are talking about the thread I think you are.

As far as your remarks to me, they are patrontizing and particularly sexist. you seem to understand that telling me to get into a kitchen and cook for you is sexist or talking about my menses is inappropriate, but the fact that you told me basically to go shopping and buy shoes seems to have escaped you as being the sexist crap that it is. Generally Spider, I laugh **** off like that because most of the guys do mean it as a joke, but to be honest as of late the very mean spiritedness of your posts has made me a little sad. You've always been a colorful character and made me laugh, but I don't know if it is just the overabundance of Teboners or what, but you've become cruel and rude in a way I never saw you as before.

Just my opinion, and as we all know much like a-holes, every one has one. Peace out brother. :welcome:

your not right ........ wrong thread I didnt even say anything in that one , this is one where called Sassy and Blue some real vile names , Names I wont repeat .......

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Just kiss and make up already

all right...if you say so...

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsz49uCYen1qgglmbo1_500.jpg

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Personally, I'm floored by Spider's respect and integrity on the issue.

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
ok telling you to go buy some heels is Sexist ...... ok get your ass in the Kitchen make me something to eat , get me a beer and fold the laundry already ........ is that better ?

Spider
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Personally, I'm floored by Spider's respect and integrity on the issue.

I am honored ...... not really

rugbythug
Spider making casper Wyoming looking bad since 1994.

jhns
I am starting to like you. you bastard. ;D

I have always liked you Miss I. With that said, I'm not sure if your post is a compliment or a good kick to the testicles.

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Spider making casper Wyoming looking bad since 1994.

Another butt hurt teboner .......... Say a prayer for me then why dont ya

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
your not right ........ wrong thread I didnt even say anything in that one , this is one where called Sassy and Blue some real vile names , Names I wont repeat .......

fair enough, but it doesn't really detract from the fact that you are talking to me in a very sexist way. It's more subtle than calling me names or say like Bob one time said something to me about how could I talk with his, well his, uggh, in my mouth. That's part of the reason I was so irked when you implied I might engage in carnal activities with Bob. I mean, that's just rude. I would rather you call me the C word then say I'd sleep with Bob. I am not some gorgeous dame, but I do have other options, suicide for instance (kidding, kidding).

Anyway brother peace out again, wish you safe travels and if you meet up with any Raiders fans, give em hell for me. :egbgb:

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
My feet and I wish someone would buy me new shoes. Seriously Mazzone was at ole miss for two stints, and neither worked well, though Tuberville throws OC's under the bus like its an addiction and Ogeron took over his duties and promptly went for it on 4th and short WITH A LEAD AND LATE IN THE FOURTH QUARTER causing him to be fired within 48 hours. My biggest concern is THIS

http://nzonesystem.com/ (-:

Seriously, I'm surprised no on picked up that his first full time coaching gig was 5 years with colo st and he played at NM state.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I have always liked you Miss I. With that said, I'm not sure if your post is a compliment or a good kick to the testicles.

I am not sure either unless you are into the 2nd thing..some dudes are, you never know. ;D No, it was good. Sometimes you drive me crazy, but hell who doesn't, it's not a long drive for me anyway. and I can be a pain sometimes too, a generally well meaning pain, but still I admit, I am NOT perfect (nearly, but not quite yet, got to have something to strive for). ;D

ghwk
02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
What was this thread about again?

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
That's part of the reason I was so irked when you implied I might engage in carnal activities with Bob. I mean, that's just rude. I would rather you call me the C word then say I'd sleep with Bob. I am not some gorgeous dame, but I do have other options, suicide for instance (kidding, kidding).

Anyway brother peace out again, wish you safe travels and if you meet up with any Raiders fans, give em hell for me. :egbgb:

BOB= Battery operated boyfriend ,.. the rest you conjured up not once did I say what you did with bob ..........

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
What was this thread about again?

Me ............

Mogulseeker
02-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Spider thinks every thread is about him.

Now...

Wouldn't this have been a smart thing to do last season, rather than working out with his brother?

Where's Elway and all those great QB coaches Woody Paige was talking about, all of whom could "fix" Tebow quickly?

bowtown
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
This whole thing feels like a big Tebow publicity stunt to me. If he really was serious about fixing his technique, he would not be doing it in public and alerting the press to it. He would be in a bunker or secret gym somewhere, not sunny SoCal. This reeks of a public "look how great I am" front in order to cover up surfing and watching dudes in Venice.

Spider

Now...

Wouldn't this have been a smart thing to do last season, rather than working out with his brother?

Where's Elway and all those great QB coaches Woody Paige was talking about, all of whom could "fix" Tebow quickly?

As well as they should be ...... no one else worthy of talking Bout

ghwk
Me ............

Ah.....yes for the last 3 pages it would appear so ;D

jhns

Now...

He also had a QB coach last offseason...

The one that said he could fix Tebow has serious health issues. Like, could die soon without a transplant type health issues. That is at least the excuse I heard.

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
This whole thing feels like a big Tebow publicity stunt to me. If he really was serious about fixing his technique, he would not be doing it in public and alerting the press to it. He would be in a bunker or secret gym somewhere, not sunny SoCal. This reeks of a public front in order to cover up surfing and watching dudes in Venice.
;D

pricejj
My biggest concern is THIS

http://nzonesystem.com/ (-:

Hmmm...he helped Leslie County to the Kentucky state playoffs...impressive.

Miss I.
ok telling you to go buy some heels is Sexist ...... ok get your ass in the Kitchen make me something to eat , get me a beer and fold the laundry already ........ is that better ?

Shut up Bitch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie....that is clearly the best approach. I saw it in the Breakfast Club and movies do really teach us about life. ;D

Spider
Ah.....yes for the last 3 pages it would appear so ;D

;D I is loved by everyone ........

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Shut up b****! Go fix me a turkey pot pie....that is clearly the best approach. I saw it in the Breakfast Club and movies do really teach us about life. ;D

;D I need to get more women at the bar to watch that ...... when I use that line , I normally get the hell whooped out of me

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
okay so going back on the actual topic, it's good he's getting this training, but ideally what would you guys like to see him doing in the off season to improve? Where does Tim need to focus? And if you don't like the trainer he did hire, who would you suggest? It's all hypothetical anyway.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Looks like Noel Mazzone was Philip Rivers Offensive Coordinator at NC State in 2004 (obviously didn't have much of an effect on Rivers throwing motion).

Mazzone was also Offensive Coordinator the last 2 years at ASU, where he worked with Brock Osweiler.

honestly with Tim or any QB for that matter, i really don't give a damn about the throwing motion. the throwing motion is something that has been developed since the majority of players were kids and it won't change drastically in a couple months.

For Tim what this guy needs to teach him is better footwork, pocket presence and accuracy.

any time you hear elite former players talk about Tim it isn't too much about throwing motion but more about his presence, his footwork and accuracy. those things can be taught, while the throwing motion for the most part is going to be what it is.

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:16 PM

Now...

Well, yes, it would have been a good idea last season, but apparantly it didn't occur to the lad, which is one reason to think he may just not "get it." But, Mazzone is a professional offensive coach who started out as a QB coach, and he not only has the Ft. Collins connection but he actually worked at Boulder HS early on. And, as someone else noted he has a strong Dennis Erricson connection, and Erickson worked for Jack Elway before going on to **** on the Univ of Wyo football program, but hey, outside of Joe Tiller, who hasn't, so I've moved past that.

Tebow cannot work with any currently employed NFl coaches. Like I said, Mazzone didn't really work out in two stints as Ole Miss's OC, but he knows how to play qb and coach it.

Spider
02-14-2012, 03:16 PM
okay so going back on the actual topic, it's good he's getting this training, but ideally what would you guys like to see him doing in the off season to improve? Where does Tim need to focus? And if you don't like the trainer he did hire, who would you suggest? It's all hypothetical anyway.

Steve Clarkson ............

bowtown
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Romanowski

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
honestly with Tim or any QB for that matter, i really don't give a damn about the throwing motion. the throwing motion is something that has been developed since the majority of players were kids and it won't change drastically in a couple months.

For Tim what this guy needs to teach him is better footwork, pocket presence and accuracy.

any time you hear elite former players talk about Tim it isn't too much about throwing motion but more about his presence, his footwork and accuracy. those things can be taught, while the throwing motion for the most part is going to be what it is.

From what I read, Tebow also has no concept about reads and mult routes depending of post-snap reads on single play calls. But, I'd guess that this is something to be addressed by Den's coaching staff. Mazzone is the kind of guy Tebow should have played for in college and who can teach basic mechanics.

Smiling Assassin27
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I wish he could get an off-season with Steve Young.

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Romanowski

Romo, "NO! I said three step, ball on the target on the three count. Do it again."

Tebow, "Sure Coach."

Romo, "No God Dammit!" Tasers Tebow. "Do I have your full attention NOW?"

bronco militia
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
I am not sure either unless you are into the 2nd thing..some dudes are, you never know. ;D No, it was good. Sometimes you drive me crazy, but hell who doesn't, it's not a long drive for me anyway. and I can be a pain sometimes too, a generally well meaning pain, but still I admit, I am NOT perfect (nearly, but not quite yet, got to have something to strive for). ;D

honestly, I'd like to see him focus on his virginity, hookers/blow, and a dui. until he gets these adult milestones out of the way, this franchise will never truly be able to move forward

pricejj
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM

I know, I could care less about his throwing motion (i was just pointing that out, so no one has unrealistic expectation)...I'm freaking stoked about this.

:strong:

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
The throwing motion can be improved, though, it just isn't going to happen in one offseason.

Dude needs to quicken his release and get his footwork to a completely different level this time around.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM

what's wrong with that? bitches love shoes.

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
He needs to figure out where he's supposed to throw the damn ball a lot faster. But I doubt Mazzone can help him with that. Elway said consistentcy in feet and delivery/release point. That Mazzone can work on. I suspect the plan for 2013 is to gradually expand the sophistication of the passing scheme in the camps and throughout the season and see if there's enough progress to continue. It'll be another year of installing an offense on the run ... though this will be on the pass.

jhns
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
No one cares bendog...

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 03:50 PM
fair enough, but it doesn't really detract from the fact that you are talking to me in a very sexist way. It's more subtle than calling me names or say like Bob one time said something to me about how could I talk with his, well his, uggh, in my mouth. That's part of the reason I was so irked when you implied I might engage in carnal activities with Bob. I mean, that's just rude. I would rather you call me the C word then say I'd sleep with Bob. I am not some gorgeous dame, but I do have other options, suicide for instance (kidding, kidding).

later tonight when BOB is found dead in his mom's tub with slit wrists, i believe we can point out this post as the reason for his demise.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
From what I read, Tebow also has no concept about reads and mult routes depending of post-snap reads on single play calls. But, I'd guess that this is something to be addressed by Den's coaching staff. Mazzone is the kind of guy Tebow should have played for in college and who can teach basic mechanics.

with the pre snap reads and and working through his progressions, i see that as something the actual coaching staff needs to work with him and playing experience provides.

he needs to get the physical aspect of playing QB learned well, meaning footwork and accuracy with the ball, so that when the coaching staff are working with him on his reads and progressions and how he interprets what he sees, he can put into action what they are wanting him to do.

bendog
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
with the pre snap reads and and working through his progressions, i see that as something the actual coaching staff needs to work with him and playing experience provides.

he needs to get the physical aspect of playing QB learned well, meaning footwork and accuracy with the ball, so that when the coaching staff are working with him on his reads and progressions and how he interprets what he sees, he can put into action what they are wanting him to do.

agreed.

Powderaddict
02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
This whole thing feels like a big Tebow publicity stunt to me. If he really was serious about fixing his technique, he would not be doing it in public and alerting the press to it. He would be in a bunker or secret gym somewhere, not sunny SoCal. This reeks of a public "look how great I am" front in order to cover up surfing and watching dudes in Venice.

And just this morning on the radio I heard them complaining about Tebow not working with anyone, because if he had we "would have heard about it".

Damned if he doesn't,
Damned if he does but doesn't tell anyone about it,
Damned if he does and tells anyone about it,

It doesn't matter what the kid does someone somewhere is going to be pissed about it LOL

Spider
02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
well the main thing is , Tebow finally quit gallivanting around acting like a prima donna ....
They way he was acting , you would think he had skill

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM

HATER i hate you!
wait if i hate on spider for criticizing tebow mildly doesnt that make me a hater .ROFL! W.hat W.ould T.ebow D.o ?

Spider
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
HATER i hate you!
wait if i hate on spider for criticizing tebow mildly doesnt that make me a hater .ROFL! W.hat W.ould T.ebow D.o ?

;D racist ........ Rednecks are peoples to you know ;D

Archer81
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Translation = you are right spider you didnt jump his ass for being condescending Iam just talking out of my ass cause no one is here to love on it on valentines day ..........

Keep up that jig, puppet.

bendog
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think prima donna is something that can apply to Tebow. Sometimes I question whether he can read through the lines, but when something's clearly explained, light getting his mechanics straight, he seems very forthcoming and pleasant. Whether he'll be able to elevate his game enough .... I dunno and won't even guess.

MacGruder
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I really don't even think Tebow's issues are related to mechanics. He just isn't comfortable in a conventional NFL offense yet. He's never played in one against elite competition.

And to compound things he plays for a god awful offensive coach in general. Look how bad Fox made Orton look as well. Offense is really just a dirty word to Fox... all it's used for is to set up his defense. Ask Panther fans and players coached by Fox.

broncogary
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
;D;DHe also had a QB coach last offseason...

The one that said he could fix Tebow has serious health issues. Like, could die soon without a transplant type health issues. That is at least the excuse I heard.

Hmm, I wonder who could save him? ;D

lonestar
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM

HE has been doing this kind of stuff since he played in his last college game.. Working with numerous coaches and in one case one EX NFL HC in John Gruden..

Anyone that can criticize the kid has something else other than football on the mind..

HE may never be a HOF guy but he will win a lot of games in his NFL career unless he gets hurt..

lonestar
02-14-2012, 05:40 PM

Great post.. watch out for internet bullies and thugs to accost you..

The kid has sileneced almost EVERY talking head on TV so far and I see no reason for him to do anything but improve over the next few years..

For those morons that have forgot EVERYONE said he would be a 3-4 year project..

IMO he is ahead of schedule..

R8R H8R
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Tebow is already familiar with Mazzone as they worked together just before his Pro-Day back in 2010. With that being said, I am sure that Gase and McCoy have specific issues for Mazzone to work on.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had this already set up w/ Tebow on his "exit" interview after the Patriot game. In other words, they gave him a specific list of things they wanted him to work on w/ Mazzone, so he would be ready to go with footwork and filmstudy with Elway in April(?).

Blueflame
02-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Tebow is already familiar with Mazzone as they worked together just before his Pro-Day back in 2010. With that being said, I am sure that Gase and McCoy have specific issues for Mazzone to work on.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had this already set up w/ Tebow on his "exit" interview after the Patriot game. In other words, they gave him a specific list of things they wanted him to work on w/ Mazzone, so he would be ready to go with footwork and filmstudy with Elway in April(?).

This is one of the things I've liked the best about "EFX"... they've made no secret about precisely what they want and expect from their starting QB. They've spelled it out clearly and concisely... and the very first step towards meeting a goal is having that goal clearly defined.

Spider
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Keep up that jig, puppet.

pretty weak dude ....... but if this is therapy for ya , go with it

Lestat
02-14-2012, 06:49 PM
nice to hear, need him to get as much training in as possible to prep him for the rigors of his 2nd full season as a starter.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see Darin Slack work with him. Tebow would definitely benefit from learning the whole R4 methods and all the stuff Slack has built off of that.

gyldenlove
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Footwork and ball handling, if he gets his footwork under control his accuracy will improve a lot and if he can stop putting the ball on the ground so often when he carries that would be peachy too.

errand
02-14-2012, 07:51 PM

Very few if any are "rooting against" Tebow....some just want to see him work on his issues. Glad to see he's taking the initiative.....

errand
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM

.....maybe Tebow reads the OM and Spider shamed him to hire a coach on his own*

...will await Pavlovian attack from the usual suspects who don't know a joke when they hear one.

theAPAOps5
02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Noel Mazzone also worked with Tebow before the draft. A period of time where Tebow improved greatly in throwing.

I wonder if he worked with him at all last offseason.

errand
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM

The same guys you and your clown posse claimed was deliberately trying to sabotage him?

errand
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM

Dude, relax.......spider just likes getting the hero worship posse's panties in a bunch.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Noel Mazzone also worked with Tebow before the draft. A period of time where Tebow improved greatly in throwing.

I wonder if he worked with him at all last offseason.

i don't think Tim did any real QB work last offseason. he worked out a lot, threw the ball around, but wasn't being coached up.

also with all his engagements with the book, advertising, talk shows charity work and all that other stuff he did, he never completely focused on football.

for his sake and probably for his long term future in Denver, i hope he is is extremely focused on football and not everything else this offseason

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 08:16 PM

you can't question how much he works, or how conditioned he is. however you can question whether or not he truly believes anything is wrong with his game.

i like Tebow, but coming out of college he worked with several QB coaches, he had McDaniels for a season and regardless of him being a ****ty coach, he is a pretty damn good offensive minded coach/QB guru, he is entering his 3rd season in the NFL and has not improved much or at all in the way of his style of play as a passer.

broncogary
02-14-2012, 08:21 PM
.....maybe Tebow reads the OM and Spider shamed him to hire a coach on his own*

...will await Pavlovian attack from the usual suspects who don't know a joke when they hear one.

John Elway's not your deceased wife, is he?

Dedhed
02-14-2012, 08:29 PM
New heels always cure what's ailing Spider.

errand
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
HE has been doing this kind of stuff since he played in his last college game.. Working with numerous coaches and in one case one EX NFL HC in John Gruden..

Anyone that can criticize the kid has something else other than football on the mind..

HE may never be a HOF guy but he will win a lot of games in his NFL career unless he gets hurt..

So you're stating that you cannot like Tebow if you criticize him?

So saying Decker or Thomas need to work on running routes better or catching the ball out in front of them means I have a hidden agenda?

Jay3
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
i like Tebow, but coming out of college he worked with several QB coaches, he had McDaniels for a season and regardless of him being a ****ty coach, he is a pretty damn good offensive minded coach/QB guru, he is entering his 3rd season in the NFL and has not improved much or at all in the way of his style of play as a passer.

He actually has improved quite a bit, it's just that it's subtle.

He quarterbacked an NFL team to 8 wins this year, including a postseason win over arguably the league's best defense.

People act like the guy's a remedial case or can barely play. But he's a great player. Even with bad mechanics and not enough reps, he's a better quarterback now than Brady Quinn will ever be. He's better than Blaine Gabbert. He's better than Jake Locker.

He's going to improve. Whether it will be good enough to hang onto a job, time will tell. But come on, he's done some really good things.

jhns
02-14-2012, 09:10 PM
The same guys you and your clown posse claimed was deliberately trying to sabotage him?

Go ahead and point out where I said this.

jhns
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
you can't question how much he works, or how conditioned he is. however you can question whether or not he truly believes anything is wrong with his game.

LOL

McDaniels had a good offense with some of the best of all time at multiple positions. He has not led a top half of the league offense sense. You McFans are just stupid...

broncocalijohn
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
...to be fair, Brady's QB coach said he could "fix Tebow" in 2 weeks.

With Tebow's legendary work ethic, I'm sure Mazzone could fix Tebow in like a day and a half.

That is a half truth. Brady's QB coach has tons of illegal film on Tebow to study.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
LOL

McDaniels had a good offense with some of the best of all time at multiple positions. He has not led a top half of the league offense sense. You McFans are just stupid...

Don't get me wrong, i hate McDaniels and everything he did in Denver. however, in the NFL he is still looked at as a very good offensive football mind. that reputation has taken a hit as of late, but at the time he was here and prior to his hiring he was seen as an offensive guru.

BroncoMan4ever
02-14-2012, 11:17 PM
He actually has improved quite a bit, it's just that it's subtle.

He quarterbacked an NFL team to 8 wins this year, including a postseason win over arguably the league's best defense.

People act like the guy's a remedial case or can barely play. But he's a great player. Even with bad mechanics and not enough reps, he's a better quarterback now than Brady Quinn will ever be. He's better than Blaine Gabbert. He's better than Jake Locker.

He's going to improve. Whether it will be good enough to hang onto a job, time will tell. But come on, he's done some really good things.

i really hate the wins argument. Vince Young has a pretty damn good record as a starting QB, yet he isn't a guy you want leading your team.

Tim has not improved much at all as a QB. his intangibles got players around him to elevate their level of play, the option offense caught numerous teams off guard and led to wins, not to mention the defense was a major factor in his getting those 8 wins as were the special teams.

now I am not a big Brady Quinn fan, but he never really got a legit shot to be a starter. In Cleveland he came in, played like a rookie and got benched, then the guy who outplayed him as a rookie got a big deal and it was difficult to pull him out of the starting lineup and then he came to Denver late one offseason and lost to the ultimate practice QB and was dumped to 3rd string in favor of the commodity and again lost to the practice QB and the commodity this past offseason.

and really there is nowhere near enough evidence from Gabbert or Locker to say Tim is better than either of them.

i'm not saying he is a bad player because as a runner he is awesome and as a leader there may be no one better and no one has all his intangibles, but as a passer his mechanics suck, his accuracy is bad, his footwork is terrible and these have been problems since he was drafted 2 years ago.

pricejj
02-14-2012, 11:47 PM
i'm not saying he is a bad player because as a runner he is awesome and as a leader there may be no one better and no one has all his intangibles, but as a passer his mechanics suck, his accuracy is bad, his footwork is terrible and these have been problems since he was drafted 2 years ago.

Wonderlic Scores:
Dan Marino = 16
Michael Vick = 20
Brett Favre =22
Tebow = 22
Average Score for NFL QB = 24
Average Score for Starting NFL QB's = 28.5
John Elway = 30
Average Score for Last 9 SB Winning QB's = 31.6
Aaron Rodgers = 35
Eli Manning = 39

That is what we are up against...

Is Tebow smart enough to win a Super Bowl? Can he read an NFL Defense quickly, make a decision to fire to a location, and deliver the ball?

John Elway famously said "Pull the Trigger", and he's right.... Tebow has about a million tasks for his brain to perform as quick as possible on each play, culminating with pulling the trigger...that is the only area that we haven't seen improvement from Tebow, and it is the most important one.

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Tebow has about a million tasks for his brain to perform as quick as possible on each play, culminating with pulling the trigger...that is the only area that we haven't seen improvement from Tebow, and it is the most important one.
You say this like he's the only quarterback to ever struggle in this department when first starting out in the NFL.

Missouribronc
02-15-2012, 12:21 AM

Who are not allowed to work with him until April.

Get a clue, dumbass...

KO5K
02-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Is Tebow smart enough to win a Super Bowl? Can he read an NFL Defense quickly, make a decision to fire to a location, and deliver the ball?

It's difficult to say, none of us are in a position to really know.

The only thing I'd say is that by all accounts, Tebow performed excellently in the 'classroom' aspects of the draft process.

SoCalBronco
02-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Tebow has about a million tasks for his brain to perform as quick as possible on each play, culminating with pulling the trigger...that is the only area that we haven't seen improvement from Tebow, and it is the most important one.

It might be a good idea to go to a Mike Leach style tagging system on offense to make things easier mentally. Texas Tech ran a relatively few amount of pass plays so that they would get a ton of reps for each and made it versatile by adding simple tags to each, e.g. you run "95" in practice a bunch of times, everyone knows their assignment on 95 (95 is the Y-Cross play for Leach) and run 95 Z Post, or 95 F Angle, you just change a single route by calling it out from the original 95 so that its the same play with just a twist and everyone knows outside of that, its still the 95 play. You have about 3 tags for each call and you go from 10 basic plays to around 40 without really adding anything mentally. Tebow can easily learn about 10-12 things and get good at them just by working on nothing more than those 10 things. You add some simple tags and then you have a fully functional offense that is easy to learn mentally.

montrose
02-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Tebow worked with Mazzone and Zeke Bratkowski before the draft (I believe he had some QB coaches prior to that at Florida as well). After being drafted, Ben McDaniels took over all of his mechanics work until Josh got canned. To my knowledge he didn't work with anyone other than his brother last offseason and once the lockout ended there wasn't any real time for mechanic work. Since the season ended, we know Gase is supposed to work with him and Elway do some stuff too. In addition, he's had a slew of guys volunteer to "fix" him including Sean Salisbury, Steve Young and Tom Brady's coach Tom Martinez. Can you say too many cooks in the kitchen?

Woody talked to Bratkowski last week and he said Tebow's thinking too much and he once blindfolded Tim and had him throw 20-yard outs which he excelled at. This, to me at least, supports my theory that's its not only a waste of time but actually counter-productive to try and "fix" his mechanics. We've seen in live-games his mechanics are what they are, and the more he thinks about things the slower his process is which just makes things worse.

I have no problem on working on drills to try and make his delivery quicker and more compact or improve his footwork - just like any other QB can go through. But instead of spending hours and hours on the field trying to remake his mechanics which at the best will make little difference to his performance and IMO actually make it worse, I'd rather NEARLY ALL of that time go into the film room to improve his decision-making. To me, nothing would improve his game more than being more experienced and confident with where he's going with the football and what defense's he's seeing.

Tebow, DT, McCoy and Gase all said after the Steelers game they knew that game-winning TD was going to be there because of the look Pittsburgh gave them earlier in the game and pre-snap. What happened on that play? Tebow delivered a quick, accurate, strike to win the game - no thinking, just reacting. Just my opinion, but instead of wasting time on the practice field - why not push him to spend more time in the film room than Brady and Manning? Quiz him every day, push him to be the SMARTEST QB he can be - nothing could improve him more, IMO.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Don't get me wrong, i hate McDaniels and everything he did in Denver. however, in the NFL he is still looked at as a very good offensive football mind. that reputation has taken a hit as of late, but at the time he was here and prior to his hiring he was seen as an offensive guru.

He WAS seen as an offensive guru. No one that has been paying attention, still says it. This says a lot about your opinions.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Who are not allowed to work with him until April.

Get a clue, dumbass...

Learn to read, dumbass. You show off your second grade education as you call others stupid. Too funny.

jhns
02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Tebow worked with Mazzone and Zeke Bratkowski before the draft (I believe he had some QB coaches prior to that at Florida as well). After being drafted, Ben McDaniels took over all of his mechanics work until Josh got canned. To my knowledge he didn't work with anyone other than his brother last offseason and once the lockout ended there wasn't any real time for mechanic work. Since the season ended, we know Gase is supposed to work with him and Elway do some stuff too. In addition, he's had a slew of guys volunteer to "fix" him including Sean Salisbury, Steve Young and Tom Brady's coach Tom Martinez. Can you say too many cooks in the kitchen?

Woody talked to Bratkowski last week and he said Tebow's thinking too much and he once blindfolded Tim and had him throw 20-yard outs which he excelled at. This, to me at least, supports my theory that's its not only a waste of time but actually counter-productive to try and "fix" his mechanics. We've seen in live-games his mechanics are what they are, and the more he thinks about things the slower his process is which just makes things worse.

I have no problem on working on drills to try and make his delivery quicker and more compact or improve his footwork - just like any other QB can go through. But instead of spending hours and hours on the field trying to remake his mechanics which at the best will make little difference to his performance and IMO actually make it worse, I'd rather NEARLY ALL of that time go into the film room to improve his decision-making. To me, nothing would improve his game more than being more experienced and confident with where he's going with the football and what defense's he's seeing.

Tebow, DT, McCoy and Gase all said after the Steelers game they knew that game-winning TD was going to be there because of the look Pittsburgh gave them earlier in the game and pre-snap. What happened on that play? Tebow delivered a quick, accurate, strike to win the game - no thinking, just reacting. Just my opinion, but instead of wasting time on the practice field - why not push him to spend more time in the film room than Brady and Manning? Quiz him every day, push him to be the SMARTEST QB he can be - nothing could improve him more, IMO.

Elway has said he isn't worried about changing the way Tebow throws. He said he just wants to fix his footwork, especially on 3/5 step drops. I do think this is necessary too. I agree about him needing to learn where to go with the ball though. This is why QBs usually take a few years in a system to really hit their stride. Once you know where your reads are, without having to think a lot, the game is much easier. Tebow really needs to learn how to check down.

CEH
02-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Mazzone is a spread offense coach. Has Elway changed his mind about what he wants Tebow to become?

Great another High School coach . 2009 coached HS football

http://nzonesystem.com/

Powderaddict
02-15-2012, 08:20 AM
i really hate the wins argument. Vince Young has a pretty damn good record as a starting QB, yet he isn't a guy you want leading your team.

Tim has not improved much at all as a QB. his intangibles got players around him to elevate their level of play, the option offense caught numerous teams off guard and led to wins, not to mention the defense was a major factor in his getting those 8 wins as were the special teams.

now I am not a big Brady Quinn fan, but he never really got a legit shot to be a starter. In Cleveland he came in, played like a rookie and got benched, then the guy who outplayed him as a rookie got a big deal and it was difficult to pull him out of the starting lineup and then he came to Denver late one offseason and lost to the ultimate practice QB and was dumped to 3rd string in favor of the commodity and again lost to the practice QB and the commodity this past offseason.

and really there is nowhere near enough evidence from Gabbert or Locker to say Tim is better than either of them.

Wins are not the end-all-be-all, but when you look at how often this team was winning with the previous QB and how often they were winning with the current QB, to me that says that Tebow helped contribute to team wins.

It's not all about one player, not at all, but to me it's fairly obvious Tebow was the catalyst that made this TEAM competetive again.

My question is what is his ceiling. Competetive is nice compared to where we were, and this past season was hella fun, but I want to move past competetive to champion-caliber.

The last 13 games gave us something to go on. The next 16 will do the same.

I'm not going to judge how he prepares how often with who. I'll wait for the results, the production, then judge that.

bendog
02-15-2012, 08:53 AM

I believe the CBA prohibits contact between players and coaching staff from the end of the season until mini-camps begin.

http://bizoffootball.com/index.php?view=article&catid=54%3Anfl-labor-news&id=857%3Atext-of-brief-of-new-nfl-cba-to-player-agents&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=79

and until the kid finds a consistent release point he'll continue launching some that appear to be intended for the Holy Ghost

BroncoBen
02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Mazzone is a spread offense coach. Has Elway changed his mind about what he wants Tebow to become?

Great another High School coach . 2009 coached HS football

http://nzonesystem.com/

Yeah.. that was the talk on the Radio this morning.. that this is the same guy that worked with Tim before his combine. Hummm... I am not so sure anymore this is the right guy to be working with.

bendog
02-15-2012, 09:29 AM
I think you guys are way overthinking this.

Bronco Yoda
02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
This is great news.

btw, You guys do know that Spider is yanking ya'lls chain don't ya. lol

alkemical
02-15-2012, 10:20 AM
This is great news.

No way!

TonyR
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I think you guys are way overthinking this.

Particularly since Tebow is already twice the QB Aaron Rodgers is anyway. Just ask jhns...

jhns
02-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Particularly since Tebow is already twice the QB Aaron Rodgers is anyway.

This. He can still get better than just being the best. That is what is scary. This league is in trouble.

Spider
02-15-2012, 10:34 AM
This is great news.

I no be yanking chains ......... ;D

Bronco Yoda
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
:)

Me thinks Tebow is looking for some good beach 'action'. SoCal's known for a few hottttttties dressed in hot oil, siicone life preservers and lip gloss.

...working on his 'footwork' my ass.

hehe

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Learn to read, dumbass. You show off your second grade education as you call others stupid. Too funny.

No, you were wrong about him working out with the team when you DIDNT read the first post stating this. I think you need to learn how to read, dumbass. You damn MCFans are horrible.

Particularly since Tebow is already twice the QB Aaron Rodgers is anyway. Just ask jhns...

This. He can still get better than just being the best. That is what is scary. This league is in trouble.

What is it? He is already better than Rodgers or because Tebow can still get better (damn, he better do this) that makes him better in the future than Rodgers?

jhns
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
No, you were wrong about him working out with the team when you DIDNT read the first post stating this. I think you need to learn how to read, dumbass. You damn MCFans are horrible.

I never said he was working with the team...

One guy claims Tebow should work with this guy for most of the offseason. I ask why you would want that instead of him working with the team in a month. The responses have gotten dumber and dumber since then. You are continuing the trend dumbass...

Why exactly would any of you chose to interact on mesaage boards? You have to be literate in order to follow the conversations...

Lestat
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
hey you have to have proper footwork when you're waxing that girl's precocious beach bum. one slip and it's a bad back injury. :strong:
:)

Me thinks Tebow is looking for some good beach 'action'. SoCal's known for a few hottttttties dressed in hot oil, siicone life preservers and lip gloss.

...working on his 'footwork' my ass.

hehe

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I never said he was working with the team...

One guy claims Tebow should work with this guy for most of the offseason. I ask why you wouod want that insrltead of him working with the team in a month. The responses have gotten dumber and dumber since then. You are continuing the trend dumbass...

You really think the posters here thought that he would stay with Mazzone at FUCLA while spring workouts are happening at Dove Valley? You are as dumb as...well you. Go with the other McFans, Jizz... far away.

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
You really think the posters here thought that he would stay with Mazzone at FUCLA while spring workouts are happening at Dove Valley? You are as dumb as...well you. Go with the other McFans, Jizz... far away.

You show that you can't read and then ask if i think you are dumb... Yes, I think you are dumb enough to believe a lot of stupid ****.

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:02 AM
What is it? He is already better than Rodgers or because Tebow can still get better (damn, he better do this) that makes him better in the future than Rodgers?

LOL

You talk about my ability to read as you again prove you can't read. You even quoted it...

Spider
02-15-2012, 11:03 AM
I am just glad tebow got off his lazy ass ..... He should have been with Steve Clarkson day after the Pats loss ...... Friggin prima Donna

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL

You talk about my ability to read as you again prove you can't read. You even quoted it...

No, you have been known to say that Tebow is better than Rodgers as the poster stated so I was asking the question, "is he now better than Rodgers or will he be better than Rodgers? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you say "Tebow is better now compared to Rodgers", then I remove the benefit of doubt. I was actually trying to be fair for you but as you proved, you couldnt answer the question. Try again McFan.

Spider
02-15-2012, 11:07 AM
No, you have been known to say that Tebow is better than Rodgers as the poster stated so I was asking the question, "is he now better than Rodgers or will he be better than Rodgers? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you say "Tebow is better now compared to Rodgers", then I remove the benefit of doubt. I was actually trying to be fair for you but as you proved, you couldnt answer the question. Try again McFan.

well I am not sticking up for Jhns , but he is Right Tebow is a way better FB then Rodgers is a QB ....... Just a matter of how you look att it ;D

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:11 AM

That post makes it very clear to everyone that can read. So, I can see why you are struggling...

lonestar
02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Wonderlic Scores:
Dan Marino = 16
Michael Vick = 20
Brett Favre =22
Tebow = 22
Average Score for NFL QB = 24
Average Score for Starting NFL QB's = 28.5
John Elway = 30
Average Score for Last 9 SB Winning QB's = 31.6
Aaron Rodgers = 35
Eli Manning = 39

That is what we are up against...

John Elway famously said "Pull the Trigger", and he's right.... Tebow has about a million tasks for his brain to perform as quick as possible on each play, culminating with pulling the trigger...that is the only area that we haven't seen improvement from Tebow, and it is the most important one.

You do realize that alot of the stuff QB's do is instinctual and not so much gammar, science and math..

If MArino was a 16 and he is a HOF QB, I'm not all that worried about a 22 for Tebow..

Every comment that I have heard about him is HE KNOWS football, at teh combine he was repeating back to the various coaches they play calling and saying all the right things about coverages when they were grilling him in his interviews..

THE only concern for Tebow was his long windup and lack of taking snaps from the center..
As far as footwork is concerned he had some of the fastest cones drills at the combine..

give him some one on one time with coaches and he will get better with each game..

Most folks forget that Elway was benched a couple of times so he could learn and DID learn from his mistakes..

I just wish that everyone would not expect him to be at HOF Elways level in his first few years..

That has destroyed several promising QB's in DEN the fans expectations..

Everyone wants the QB to be Elway day one..

lonestar
02-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Elway has said he isn't worried about changing the way Tebow throws. He said he just wants to fix his footwork, especially on 3/5 step drops. I do think this is necessary too. I agree about him needing to learn where to go with the ball though. This is why QBs usually take a few years in a system to really hit their stride. Once you know where your reads are, without having to think a lot, the game is much easier. Tebow really needs to learn how to check down.

I agree with what you are saying..

Big Ben was not a great QB year one he was held together by a great defense and ST..

He was told to play it safe and not turn the ball over..

Once again I repeat EVERYONE that scouted him said he would be a 3-4 year project..
Why anyone seems to think NOW he will never get better is beyond rational thought..

lonestar
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I believe the CBA prohibits contact between players and coaching staff from the end of the season until mini-camps begin.

and until the kid finds a consistent release point he'll continue launching some that appear to be intended for the Holy Ghost

Your correct the players wanted more time off from the coaching.. well they got it..

I remember seeing loads of passes by lots of QB's in the past wondering who the hell he was throwing it to..

I suspect that repetitions will fix about 90% of those type of throws..

Frankly sometimes I believe the WR failed to run the route properly..

It is not only the QB at fault..and then there is just flat throwing the ball away..

Spider
02-15-2012, 11:26 AM
That post makes it very clear to everyone that can read. So, I can see why you are struggling...

you Mcfans are so silly

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
He WAS seen as an offensive guru. No one that has been paying attention, still says it. This says a lot about your opinions.

his reputation has not taken anywhere as big of a hit as most Broncos fans believe it should have. if you truly think about it, a lot in the NFL are going to give him a pass on the last few years. he was too young and inexperienced to be a HC. the Rams have no offensive line which led to Bradford having a bad injury shortened year and beyond the line they have no receiving weapons. Jackson had a down year. when you put everything together about his last few seasons he hasn't dropped as far as Broncos fans would believe.

the NFL gives coaches a lot of second chances, and for a guy who has been associated with prolific offenses, his work with Cassel when Brady went down, and especially if Tebow, DT, Decker, Ayers, Beadles, Walton(Tebow, DT and Ayers especially) all pan out and become building blocks for this team, he will get credit for having the forsight to pick those against popular opinion.

McDaniels may be a turd, but he is a turd that will be a HC in the NFL again, within the next few years.

Do I as a Broncos fan agree with all this? NO, in fact i think he is a complete loser. But in the NFL where there is a true lack of viable options to be HC, he is seen as a guy who with a 2nd chance could have much better results.

Take a look at Shanahan's situation with the Raiders. less than 2 years on the job, seen as a great offensive mind, failed pretty hard in his first coaching job, returned to being an assistant coach for a few years and came back as on of the best HC of the last 20 years. and that is how a lot of teams and front offices will view McDaniels. Not as one of the best in the game, but as a guy who can do good things with a 2nd chance

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
you Mcfans are so silly

Your problem is that you try too hard and lack creativity.

Spider
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Your problem is that you try too hard and lack creativity.

I know , but my therapist is so proud of my progress , I havent picked up an axe in 3 weeks now

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:57 AM

I agree with what you are saying now. My problem was with what you said here. It seems to me like you are saying he should be further along because McDaniels is such an offensive guru. The results say he isn't much of an offensive guru. Bradford sure didn't get better under him. Another point is Tebow may have gotten better under McDaniels, we just didn't see how bad he was early.

jhns
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM
I know , but my therapist is so proud of my progress , I havent picked up an axe in 3 weeks now

I need to start a reality show of rednecks in therapy. It sounds like it could be good times.

Spider
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I need to start a reality show of rednecks in therapy. It sounds like it could be good times.

LMAO if you was the host , you wouldnt make it past episode 3 before someone bent you over and made you squeal like a pig ....... the second you heard a banjo it would be over for you ........

Miss I.
02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
LMAO if you was the host , you wouldnt make it past episode 3 before someone bent you over and made you squeal like a pig ....... the second you heard a banjo it would be over for you ........

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif

jhns
02-15-2012, 12:04 PM

I am pretty good looking. I take showers though. The clean smell works as redneck repellant.

errand
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I agree with what you are saying now. My problem was with what you said here. It seems to me like you are saying he should be further along because McDaniels is such an offensive guru. The results say he isn't much of an offensive guru. Bradford sure didn't get better under him. Another point is Tebow may have gotten better under McDaniels, we just didn't see how bad he was early.

McDaniels is like any other coach....when he has talent, he can win...when he doesn't, he loses

jhns
02-15-2012, 12:10 PM
McDaniels is like any other coach....when he has talent, he can win...when he doesn't, he loses

And his winning seasons are proof of this.

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM

plus, we were told it would take you 3 to 4 years to get it.

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
I am pretty good looking. I take showers though. The clean smell works as redneck repellant.

What are you talking about. A clean smell is like a pearl found in an oyster for rednecks. They go to it like a zombie goes to brains. Lucky for you, zombie would past right on by you.

Spider
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Redneck repellent .... LMAO no such thing

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
you Mcfans are so silly

theres actually McD fans still?

go ask Rams fans what he did to that team...broke team records for worst offense in the history of the team...i made alot of money this year taking the rams each week to score the least amount of points....

Sam Bradford butting heads with him 2 weeks into his coaching stint shouldve been a sign, if not then Bradfords complete regression should be another.

jhns
02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Redneck repellent .... LMAO no such thing

Then I guess I will be rich. I can put the rednecks in therapy on cable and sell the rest as redneck rape porn.

Miss I.
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uzae_SqbmDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Not true....when he has talent, he trades them away for some extra lego pieces and a PS1 game for his baby bro Ben..

Miss I.
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Red_977da0_2358925.jpg

Heyneck
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM

http://lovespervertedoldmen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/schwing.jpg

Spider
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Then I guess I will be rich. I can put the rednecks in therapy on cable and sell the rest as redneck rape porn.

LMAO I can see it now Jhns McFan , a Mans man if you know what I mean

jhns
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
LMAO I can see it now Jhns McFan , a Mans man if you know what I mean

Of course you already see it. You would be the first in line to get a copy.

Spider
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Of course you already see it. You would be the first in line to get a copy.

watching you get abused by Bubba = Priceless

jhns
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
watching you get abused by Bubba = Priceless

It will be like what your hero did to the Broncos. Just think of Bubba as McDaniels and me as the Broncos.

bendog
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM

Except he runs off talent faster than any Den coach since Lew Saban

Spider
02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
It will be like what your hero did to the Broncos. Just think of Bubba as McDaniels and me as the Broncos.

naw , I will look at it like a Yuppy getting man love from Larry the Cable guy ..... and Yuppy enjoying it

jhns
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
naw , I will look at it like a Yuppy getting man love from Larry the Cable guy ..... and Yuppy enjoying it

You have some strange fantasies.

Spider
02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
You have some strange fantasies.

as long as I am happy , that is all that matters

BroncoBeavis
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Yuppy, the Throat Punching Trucker.

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Wins are not the end-all-be-all, but when you look at how often this team was winning with the previous QB and how often they were winning with the current QB, to me that says that Tebow helped contribute to team wins.

It's not all about one player, not at all, but to me it's fairly obvious Tebow was the catalyst that made this TEAM competetive again.

My question is what is his ceiling. Competetive is nice compared to where we were, and this past season was hella fun, but I want to move past competetive to champion-caliber.

The last 13 games gave us something to go on. The next 16 will do the same.

I'm not going to judge how he prepares how often with who. I'll wait for the results, the production, then judge that.

i agree, Tim was instrumental in getting the 8 wins. however his contributions were more from his intangibles, leadership, fiery competitiveness and ability to get his teammates to play at a level higher than they had before, more than his actual QB play.

the way he learns to play the position is going to be the deciding factor of whether or not he is a viable long term option or just a fun stop gap for us.

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I no be yanking chains ......... ;D

dude, i and probably most others on this board have no desire to hear what you are doing in those truck stops you stop at. ;D

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM

I don't care so much about his throwing motion it is a bit too long and windy which will in a few situations come back to haunt him but mostly it is something he can easily work around, just like the piss-chugger in Sandy Eggo has that nasty sidearm throw and he is doing all right. His footwork does need to improve, it needs to be instinctual, he has come some way he no longer turns his back to the play when moving right, but he needs to be more natural in setting his feet and getting the throw away quickly.

In terms of decisions part of it is certainly that he needs to get his reads in and be more familiar with the offense and the players which will come with repetition and film studies, the other part is getting used to the play in the NFL, he has only started 1 season worth of games which is not a lot for a QB, a guy like Brees took several years of starting to find his groove, as did Elway and Eli Manning and many others.

Aside from those really prolonged plays where he buys time with his feet, his best throws are without fail when he drops back, sets his feet and delivers the ball calmly, if his footwork becomes 2nd nature and he gets more experience with reading the defense and knowing the offense he can become really good.

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 02:02 PM

true, when you think of it that way it can be construed a totally different way. my McDaniels argument was more to the point that he has had some form of coaching for going on 3 years and has had little to no growth as a passer.

Spider
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
dude, i and probably most others on this board have no desire to hear what you are doing in those truck stops you stop at. ;D

Too late , you already have , now just kick back and enjoy it ;D

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Except he runs off talent faster than any Den coach since Lew Saban

not to make excuses for the guy. but really what talent did he truly drive off that we miss aside from Hillis who wasn't used anyway.

Cutler - whiny crybaby still not living up to talent
Marshall - prima donna head case with a bad attitude
Scheffler - haven't heard much about him in Detroit

Spider
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Yuppy, the Throat Punching Trucker.

LOL you moron I have been called alot of things , Yuppy is a new one ........
While I am very diverse in high brow culture I eat Chinese , Eye Tall un ,Mexican , and German pancakes , Play chest doesnt mean i am a yuppy

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Too late , you already have , now just kick back and enjoy it ;D

oh my god! i can't erase the mental images no matter how hard i try.

http://smallbizmarketing20.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bleeding-eyes.jpg

Spider
02-15-2012, 02:17 PM
oh my god! i can't erase the mental images no matter how hard i try.

http://smallbizmarketing20.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bleeding-eyes.jpg

Should spice up your love making .... no need to thank me ;D

MacGruder
02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
i don't think Tim did any real QB work last offseason. he worked out a lot, threw the ball around, but wasn't being coached up.

also with all his engagements with the book, advertising, talk shows charity work and all that other stuff he did, he never completely focused on football.

for his sake and probably for his long term future in Denver, i hope he is is extremely focused on football and not everything else this offseason

Tebow was reported to be in Arizona immediately after the end of his rookie season.. I remember because it was when Kyle Orton was taking the Oline to get hammered in Vegas,..

Arizona was where Mazzone was coaching then..

jhns
02-15-2012, 02:22 PM
not to make excuses for the guy. but really what talent did he truly drive off that we miss aside from Hillis who wasn't used anyway.

Yeah, we just had the worst season in franchise history after getting rid of them. They weren't missed at all!

McFanaticism is bad for your...

Kaylore
02-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I was wondering why this thread is nine pages long. I see there's jhiz all over it....

bendog
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM

yeah, qb is solid.

BroncoMan4ever
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Tebow was reported to be in Arizona immediately after the end of his rookie season.. I remember because it was when Kyle Orton was taking the Oline to get hammered in Vegas,..

Arizona was where Mazzone was coaching then..

i stand corrected.

now i can't help but think he needs to work with someone other than Mazzone

Gutless Drunk
02-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Tim Tebow working on throwing motion

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone

LOS ANGELES -- Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has been in Los Angeles working on his throwing mechanics with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

Mazzone and his son, Taylor, have been working out with Tebow twice a day for a couple of hours at a time since last weekend, Noel Mazzone said Wednesday, hoping to improve upon Tebow's heavily-scrutinized passing ability.

"He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he's doing," Noel Mazzone said, noting that the sessions will last through the weekend and maybe longer. "Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks."

Tebow started 11 games for the Broncos in 2011 and won seven of his first eight starts, leading Denver to the AFC West title and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, Tebow completed just 46.5 percent of his passes in the regular season and only 40.4 percent in the Broncos' two playoff games.

"It's kind of like a golfer who hit that bad drive," Mazzone said of working on Tebow's unorthodox throwing motion. "Every other guy in the foursome can tell you what you did wrong and all three opinions are different. We're just going out and kind of going back to the basics and working on some fundamentals to try and become a little more efficient."

The Mazzones previously worked with Tebow when the Heisman Trophy winner was coming out of Florida and helped him become a first-round pick in 2010. They also worked with him last offseason.

NFL teams are limited in the amount of practice time they are allowed with players during the offseason, but there is nothing preventing players from working with non-affiliated coaches. Mazzone said the Broncos are aware that he is working with Tebow and that he regularly communicates with Broncos quarterbacks coach Adam Gase.
"Obviously I wouldn't do anything that would go against what their beliefs are," Mazzone said. "I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they're like girlfriends. You don't like other guys messing with them."

Noel Mazzone, who was Philip Rivers' offensive coordinator at North Carolina State, said the San Diego Chargers quarterback and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder are expected to join the workouts later in the week.

Mazzone said he is also working with former Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler as Osweiler prepares for April's draft.

"Philip is right down the road and he's always itching to throw a football," said Mazzone, who was Osweiler's offensive coordinator the last two seasons at Arizona State. "He might shoot up and throw the ball around a little bit. That would be a good guy for both Brock and Tim to be around also."

Shananahan
02-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Osweiler is a guy I could see shooting up the draft boards as the date approaches, and somebody I'd be happy with Denver drafting if he falls. He looks a bit goofy sometimes because he's so tall, but from what I saw of him last season he can throw the ball very well.

TonyR
02-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah, we just had the worst season in franchise history after getting rid of them. They weren't missed at all!

I love how you put together these facile cause/effect relationships as if there are no other factors at play. jhns, for future reference, just because A happened before B does not mean that A alone caused B. Life just isn't that simple, even in Omaha.

jhns
02-16-2012, 07:15 AM
I love how you put together these facile cause/effect relationships as if there are no other factors at play. jhns, for future reference, just because A happened before B does not mean that A alone caused B. Life just isn't that simple, even in Omaha.

McFans actually think we were more talented after that. This is because McFans are idiots. This is easily proven by their backing the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. Now McFans want to claim they know what they are talking about.

You McFans are always good for a laugh.

TonyR
02-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Now McFans want to claim they know what they are talking about.

You McFans are always good for a laugh.

LOL This from the guy who says Tebow is already twice the QB Aaron Rodgers is. And it's the McFans who are good for a laugh.

jhns
02-16-2012, 07:24 AM
LOL This from the guy who says Tebow is already twice the QB Aaron Rodgers is. And it's the McFans who are good for a laugh.

Because he is. The best QB in the league, is better than every QB in the league. That is what best means McFan...

Go ahead and explain where we lost all this talent then? If it wasn't the young pro bowlers, who was it? We brought in guys like Dawkins and Lloyd, only to still came out much less talented. Did the loss of Boss Bailey screw the team that badly? Maybe Tatum Bell? He sure was a stud!

McFans are idiots.

Kaylore
02-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Tim Tebow working on throwing motion

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7579979/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-working-mechanics-ucla-bruins-oc-noel-mazzone

LOS ANGELES -- Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has been in Los Angeles working on his throwing mechanics with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

Mazzone and his son, Taylor, have been working out with Tebow twice a day for a couple of hours at a time since last weekend, Noel Mazzone said Wednesday, hoping to improve upon Tebow's heavily-scrutinized passing ability.

"He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he's doing," Noel Mazzone said, noting that the sessions will last through the weekend and maybe longer. "Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks."

Tebow started 11 games for the Broncos in 2011 and won seven of his first eight starts, leading Denver to the AFC West title and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, Tebow completed just 46.5 percent of his passes in the regular season and only 40.4 percent in the Broncos' two playoff games.

"It's kind of like a golfer who hit that bad drive," Mazzone said of working on Tebow's unorthodox throwing motion. "Every other guy in the foursome can tell you what you did wrong and all three opinions are different. We're just going out and kind of going back to the basics and working on some fundamentals to try and become a little more efficient."

The Mazzones previously worked with Tebow when the Heisman Trophy winner was coming out of Florida and helped him become a first-round pick in 2010. They also worked with him last offseason.

NFL teams are limited in the amount of practice time they are allowed with players during the offseason, but there is nothing preventing players from working with non-affiliated coaches. Mazzone said the Broncos are aware that he is working with Tebow and that he regularly communicates with Broncos quarterbacks coach Adam Gase.
"Obviously I wouldn't do anything that would go against what their beliefs are," Mazzone said. "I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they're like girlfriends. You don't like other guys messing with them."

Noel Mazzone, who was Philip Rivers' offensive coordinator at North Carolina State, said the San Diego Chargers quarterback and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder are expected to join the workouts later in the week.

Mazzone said he is also working with former Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler as Osweiler prepares for April's draft.

"Philip is right down the road and he's always itching to throw a football," said Mazzone, who was Osweiler's offensive coordinator the last two seasons at Arizona State. "He might shoot up and throw the ball around a little bit. That would be a good guy for both Brock and Tim to be around also."

Honestly, I wish they would forget about the throwing motion. It wasn't a problem last year. Think about it. How many throws last year did the throwing motion really hurt him? How many fumbles were lost because of the throwing motion? How many times did it help tee off the defender?

Tebow's issues are his footwork, which when it gets sloppy hurts is accuracy, and his inability to read defenses quickly. I wish they would forget about the throwing motion and work on reading defenses and footwork. If he's accurate and makes quick decisions, nobody is going to care how his throwing motion looks.

55CrushEm
02-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Honestly, I wish they would forget about the throwing motion. It wasn't a problem last year. Think about it. How many throws last year did the throwing motion really hurt him? How many fumbles were lost because of the throwing motion? How many times did it help tee off the defender?

Tebow's issues are his footwork, which when it gets sloppy hurts is accuracy, and his inability to read defenses quickly. I wish they would forget about the throwing motion and work on reading defenses and footwork. If he's accurate and makes quick decisions, nobody is going to care how his throwing motion looks.

Exactly. We've said this before , but I would also add again that while it's not the MOTION of his throw.....it's the SLOWNESS of his release.

We've said it before....Phyllis Rivers has one of the ugliest motions I've seen....it looks like a side-arm shot-put most of the time. But his release is QUICK.

Kaylore
02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Exactly. We've said this before , but I would also add again that while it's not the MOTION of his throw.....it's the SLOWNESS of his release.

We've said it before....Phyllis Rivers has one of the ugliest motions I've seen....it looks like a side-arm shot-put most of the time. But his release is QUICK.

The slow release isn't an issue. That's my point. Tebow has major flaws that hurt his ability to be prolific. I would like someone to point out one instance where his slow throwing motion hurt the team. Inaccurate passes and slow reads hurt him. neither has much to do with the throwing motion.

BroncoBeavis
02-16-2012, 08:28 AM
"Ok coach, what read do I make when I've got two wide, 8 in the box, and a lineman playing tight end?"

"Well, nobody throws out of that formation, Tim so I wouldn't focus on that"

"But, that's when I get most of my reps.'

"No"

"Yeah"

"Really?"

"Really"

"Sorry man. All I can say is audible. Every time."

bronco militia
02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
LOL

Powderaddict
02-16-2012, 08:56 AM
The slow release isn't an issue. That's my point. Tebow has major flaws that hurt his ability to be prolific. I would like someone to point out one instance where his slow throwing motion hurt the team. Inaccurate passes and slow reads hurt him. neither has much to do with the throwing motion.

I agree his motion should be left alone, but if he can tighten it up a bit that could only help.

Most young QB's work on tightening up their release. Rivers is a good example as others have mentioned. Ben Roethlisberger is another. He worked hard to tighten up his throws, and it paid off tremendously (there's an intereview out there somewhere where he talks at some length about this, and how much it helped his overall accuracy).

His overall throwing motion is what it is, it's not going to change. But it could be improved.

BroncoInferno
02-16-2012, 09:29 AM

I think the problem with the slow throwing motion is it hurts his effectiveness on quicker throws. A lot of people complained about the lack of slants, going to hot reads, etc....I think this is where the slow release is a problem. I think this is why you did not see those types of plays called often. His motion telegraphs where he is going with the ball on those types of plays. That won't cut it in the NFL because the windows are too tight.

rugbythug
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I think the problem with the slow throwing motion is it hurts his effectiveness on quicker throws. A lot of people complained about the lack of slants, going to hot reads, etc....I think this is where the slow release is a problem. I think this is why you did not see those types of plays called often. His motion telegraphs where he is going with the ball on those types of plays. That won't cut it in the NFL because the windows are too tight.

Receivers who are not open quick hurt that more than his release. We have big receivers they take some grass to get open.

enjolras
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM

He definitely lost 3 that I can think of due to the motion (one was ruled an interception at first).

Although I do think there are some issues in his actual motion that really hurt his accuracy. On his bad throws he often cocks the ball all the way behind his head. It's like a little hitch (think Barkleys golf swing on a smaller scale). Almost all of his passes that thunked directly into the ground came with that little hitch on them. I really wish I still had access to game rewind, I'd pull out some pics of it.

He doesn't do it every time, but he certainly does it...particularly when he's pressured. I'd love to see them shorten up the motion and simplify it. I would have no issue with sacrificing some velocity (he has plenty to spare) for a more efficient motion. To improve his consistency he needs to eliminate those extra moving parts.

I agree with that as well. Tebow is as raw as a third year QB can be in the NFL. He really needs big-time improvement in EVERY phase of his game.

enjolras
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Receivers who are not open quick hurt that more than his release. We have big receivers they take some grass to get open.

Decker and Royal both showed ability to come open quickly. I've even posted screen grabs showing that.

Although I agree that's not necessarily his release that's his biggest issue on the quick throws..it's his foot work.

Play2win
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM

Not Tebow-open, or not NFL-open?

Spider
02-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Not Tebow-open, or not NFL-open?

LOL

BroncoMan4ever
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
I agree his motion should be left alone, but if he can tighten it up a bit that could only help.

Most young QB's work on tightening up their release. Rivers is a good example as others have mentioned. Ben Roethlisberger is another. He worked hard to tighten up his throws, and it paid off tremendously (there's an intereview out there somewhere where he talks at some length about this, and how much it helped his overall accuracy).

His overall throwing motion is what it is, it's not going to change. But it could be improved.

i agree the throwing motion can be tightened up, but for now, i think getting his footwork and accuracy in order are the more pressing needs.

with proper fundamentals throwing the ball, the release will in turn be slightly faster. once he can pass the ball properly, if the motion is still a concern, then work on helping him change that.

BroncoBeavis
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree with that as well. Tebow is as raw as a third year QB can be in the NFL. He really needs big-time improvement in EVERY phase of his game..

I love how we keep advancing these timeframes. Kid has 16 games (counting playoffs). A locked out offseason. He's never practiced in the offseason with anyone as the team's starter. He's just getting over his injuries from his 16th start, a week after the end of the season, and now we're calling Tebow a "3rd year QB"

Doesn't there have to be at least a minicamp or something before you declare season 3 open? Or is it just for dramatic effect?

BroncoInferno
02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Even if this were true, you can throw a guy open if it's one on one and you get the ball out quickly. He's too slow. I love how people blame the receivers. Unless you were actually at the games or have access to coaches film, you have no idea what was going on downfield.

jhns
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Even if this were true, you can throw a guy open if it's one on one and you get the ball out quickly. He's too slow. I love how people blame the receivers. Unless you were actually at the games or have access to coaches film, you have no idea what was going on downfield.

This isn't true at all. I saw them show what the receivers were doing a lot. There were a LOT of plays were we only sent two receivers on routes and the commentators would show that they were covered, which is why the ball wasn't thrown. I like how some of you claim this team gave Tebow something to work with. We had a bottom half of the league offense two seasons ago. They gave away both starting receivers, without bringing any receivers in. For some reason, the first time starter at QB is supposed to make the backups all pro, or he is to blame...

The only game were receivers were open, without the ball being thrown, was the second KC game. There may be an example or two from other games but your argument is a joke. We only sent a couple guys on routes the majority of the time. Of course they were covered...

Premier-Ace55
02-16-2012, 01:00 PM

I think he was talking in general. I'm pretty sure he is mainly looking at foot work and maybe even hand placement on the ball (throwing tighter spirals) I don't think that motion thing is going to be his main focus just being more consistent. I feel good about the fact that he is coordinating with the broncos regarding this and not just doing everything on his own.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
He got stripped quite a few times where the ball was way too low when he started the pass. In college defenders did not react when he started his throwing motion. In the pros they react as soon as that arm starts to drop. Which gives them plenty of time to make a move onto the route. That same amount of time needs to be added to routes. Leaving the window of opening already passed. I don't care what people say about accuracy or duck passes, if he can't get the ball out fast enough he won't last. Sub 50 percentagers don't have a long career.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
We can all critique and have complex theories about his mechanics. But the truth is, the coaches that are teaching him keep throwing out words like "basic" and "fundamental". which means he's got a long ways to go. A starting QB having to learn "basic fundamentals" is a problem.

jhns
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
He got stripped quite a few times where the ball was way too low when he started the pass. In college defenders did not react when he started his throwing motion. In the pros they react as soon as that arm starts to drop. Which gives them plenty of time to make a move onto the route. That same amount of time needs to be added to routes. Leaving the window of opening already passed. I don't care what people say about accuracy or duck passes, if he can't get the ball out fast enough he won't last. Sub 50 percentagers don't have a long career.

You should tell that to Elway. He is working on footwork and not the windup.

Also, Tebow only had the long windup on long balls. His interception totals say that your theory is WAY off.

cmhargrove
02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
I love how we keep advancing these timeframes. Kid has 16 games (counting playoffs). A locked out offseason. He's never practiced in the offseason with anyone as the team's starter. He's just getting over his injuries from his 16th start, a week after the end of the season, and now we're calling Tebow a "3rd year QB"

Doesn't there have to be at least a minicamp or something before you declare season 3 open? Or is it just for dramatic effect?

I think throwing motion discussions are fair game. He has been a starting QB since High School, so we can't say he hasn't had time to understand the basic mechanics of proper throwing.

He does need time to work with the team on everything else, and I am extremely excited to see his improvements by next preseason. I have every confidence that next year will look much better than this one (in the passing game).

jhns
02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I think throwing motion discussions are fair game. He has been a starting QB since High School, so we can't say he hasn't had time to understand the basic mechanics of proper throwing.

He does need time to work with the team on everything else, and I am extremely excited to see his improvements by next preseason. I have every confidence that next year will look much better than this one (in the passing game).

His HS coach probably doesn't even know the proper way for a QB to throw in the NFL. His college coach has said they didn't work on it because Tebow was so good. Why woupd they change it to develop him? While that would have been best for Tebows future, their job is to have him win in college. Adjusting his throwing woukd have involved growing pains.

I don't see your point about how long he has played. That only helps explain why it is hard for him to adjust now. He spent all that time doing it one way, and the last two years learning a new way.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
You should tell that to Elway. He is working on footwork and not the windup.

Also, Tebow only had the long windup on long balls. His interception totals say that your theory is WAY off.

Pretty hard to rack up ints when throwing a total of 8 times in a game. If he was more accurate those ints total would be higher. Think about that. The throws were so off target that he defenders didn't have the chance to int.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
The buffalo game is the perfect example. He threw into tight coverage that day. He let it go. He wasn't tentative about throwing it away and tried to make plays. Resulting in multiple ints. I think my theory is backed up by that game

jhns
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Here are Elways thoughts on the current subject:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19756159

The focus will not be on the mechanics of Tebow's release, but on improving the young quarterback's footwork, timing and ability to read defenses.

"Your feet and your time clock—to be able to tie those things together, those will be the things we work on and there will be some film study too as far as different reads and where he's looking on different plays," Elway said. "He's going to be more comfortable having worked with this offense now in his second year, and he's going to be more natural with the reads and the things that he sees when he drops back."