PDA

View Full Version : Nike jerseys... Any news?

crush17
02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know when all of the jersey updates are going to be announced?

I know they had to wait until after the Super Bowl at least, but has anyone heard anything recently?

Im guessing they will wait until the draft?

bronco militia
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
they will be orange

crush17
02-13-2012, 11:07 AM
they will be orange

Thanks chief.

bronco militia
02-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks chief.

LOL

google it for ****s sakes!

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't think you will see any changes in the Bronco uni-from other than the afore mentioned change of the HJ primary color. Nike doesn't get to decide on whatthe uni's look like; that's a franchise decision. I would think Nike can controll the material and stitching, but that's it.

Drunk Monkey
02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Pass on the Nike look. Too cartoonish for me.

BroncoBen
02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't think you will see any changes in the Bronco uni-from other than the afore mentioned change of the HJ primary color. Nike doesn't get to decide on whatthe uni's look like; that's a franchise decision. I would think Nike can controll the material and stitching, but that's it.

I read that somewhere as well.. everything about the Jerseys will be the same other than the maker.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm glad they are going Orange as the primary color. I'm not fond of the all blue uni with the orange stripe on the side.

BroncoMatt
02-13-2012, 12:40 PM
all I have been able to find out is April, so probably right in line with the draft

Chris
02-13-2012, 12:45 PM
They'd be stupid not to make some changes and drive up new purchases.

BroncoMatt
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM

Agreed, I have a hard time believing they will be carbon copies of the current jerseys with the only change being the swoosh. The changes may be subtle but I am sure there will be some.

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I think you'll find that generally...they'll look the same.

DenverBroncosJM
02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
The draft makes sense...

But here is the problem with that too is you cannot (it happens though) buy a drafted players jersey until they sign...Broncos had a killer deal the year we drafted Tebow so I took a leap of faith (pun intended) and ordered a custom authentic number 15 with Tebow for 99.00 shipped. I kept waiting for the email cancelling my order it never came but the jersey arrived two weeks later. I almost did the same with Miller this year but I didnt know what number he would get.

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 01:35 PM
My problem with buying jerseys is it's a complete waste of money.

DenverBroncosJM
02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
absolutely!

Not sure why I continue to do it.

Drunk Monkey
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
My problem with buying jerseys is it's a complete waste of money.

Ya, after my Cutler Jersey went to goodwill I am off the jersey kick. I still have my Elway one should I really a jersey (sucks that it is cursed though, we always lose when I wear it)

srphoenix
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah, my Knowshon jersey is beginning to look like an embarrassing waste of money... maybe I'll have someone stitch on an Atwater nameplate.

maher_tyler
02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, my Knowshon jersey is beginning to look like an embarrassing waste of money... maybe I'll have someone stitch on an Atwater nameplate.

Yea...the last 3 jersey's i've bought are Cutler, Marshall and Moreno. My brothers got me a authentic Tebow jersey for christmas. I was stoked to get a Tebow jersey but a little worried at the same time.

My next jersey will either have my name on it or someone that is retired like TD/Elway etc.

BroncoBeavis
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM

I've got a friend who works as a graphic artist at Nike. He/She (doesn't want me to tell) said to be very careful who I showed these to, but word is this is very close to the end product.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=29515&stc=1&d=1321298824

BroncoBeavis
02-13-2012, 03:09 PM
And that last post... just because that picture deserves to be posted in any thread about Broncos Jerseys ever. On any site. But especially on the OM.

crush17
02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
And that last post... just because that picture deserves to be posted in any thread about Broncos Jerseys ever. On any site. But especially on the OM.

Sorry, but no way. That design is attrocious.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Agreed, I have a hard time believing they will be carbon copies of the current jerseys with the only change being the swoosh. The changes may be subtle but I am sure there will be some.

I think they're going to go with a more traditional jersey look. The sidepanels were groundbreaking when they first came out (because they made the jersey more form-fitting and motion-fitting), but with the updates to the entire shirt, there's no need for that anymore.

Old school football. Old(er) school uniforms.

LINK (http://dailydickpunch.com/2012/01/31/denver-broncos-new-uniforms-on-the-horizon/)

montrose
02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7213/uniforms.jpg

Missouribronc
02-13-2012, 06:19 PM
They will be exactly what the alternate jerseys were the last several years. They'll be released before the draft in April with the Nike logo.

As far as I know, the only thing that will be released for any team prior to April, is the Panthers' new/updated (subtle changes) logo, which was sort of unveiled on the gloves Nike made for the Pro Bowl.

NFL has pretty tight rein on the jerseys and changes have to be approved nearly two years in advance, so I don't think there's going to be a lot of changes.

Carolina, Seattle and Jacksonville are rumored to have major changes, but I'm not sure about that.

Tombstone RJ
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM
They will be exactly what the alternate jerseys were the last several years. They'll be released before the draft in April with the Nike logo.

As far as I know, the only thing that will be released for any team prior to April, is the Panthers' new/updated (subtle changes) logo, which was sort of unveiled on the gloves Nike made for the Pro Bowl.

NFL has pretty tight rein on the jerseys and changes have to be approved nearly two years in advance, so I don't think there's going to be a lot of changes.

Carolina, Seattle and Jacksonville are rumored to have major changes, but I'm not sure about that.

Jacksonville just had jersey changes. Like last year or the year before they streamlined their look, made it more simple. So I guess they are doing yet another change?

Hopefully Seattle is going back to their old unis. I hate to admit it but I friggen love the old seachickens jerseys, love the colors, love the logo. These newer darker jerseys stink.

BroncoMan4ever
02-13-2012, 09:31 PM

it would not surprise me to see NIKE get the NFL to agree to letting them create an alternate unique uniform for all the teams to wear once or twice a season to make more money.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Jacksonville just had jersey changes. Like last year or the year before they streamlined their look, made it more simple. So I guess they are doing yet another change?

Hopefully Seattle is going back to their old unis. I hate to admit it but I friggen love the old seachickens jerseys, love the colors, love the logo. These newer darker jerseys stink.

Buffalo changed the entire look of their uniforms, from the CFL-all-blue look to a more traditional Buffalo Bills look. The response was excellent to that change, and nobody knew the change was even coming (outside the league office and the Bills FO) until a few days before they were revealed. Oddly enough, it was one of the trailers for Madden that spoiled the surprise.

I really think we'll see the same thing with the Broncos.

Missouribronc
02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Buffalo changed the entire look of their uniforms, from the CFL-all-blue look to a more traditional Buffalo Bills look. The response was excellent to that change, and nobody knew the change was even coming (outside the league office and the Bills FO) until a few days before they were revealed. Oddly enough, it was one of the trailers for Madden that spoiled the surprise.

I really think we'll see the same thing with the Broncos.

If there is a change made, it will be 2013. 2012's uniforms are already approved. They are the alternate jerseys for this year, and there will not be all orange.

cmhargrove
02-15-2012, 06:11 AM

This year, they are going for "less suck." They tried to remove all the suck from their jerseys. Unfortunately, they still have too much Gabbert...

Lestat
02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
i'm not crazy about the look of the numbers on the Bailey jersey. it just looks too big and block lettering like.

Deuce
02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
i'm not crazy about the look of the numbers on the Bailey jersey. it just looks too big and block lettering like.

lol

DomCasual
02-16-2012, 11:44 AM

Players! The Best Sports!

DomCasual
02-16-2012, 11:45 AM
lol

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!