PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss: 'I wanna play football'

Bronco Rob
02-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Randy Moss: 'I wanna play football'

Posted on: February 13, 2012 10:11 am

There's really nothing more surprising in life than finding yourself watching Randy Moss do a live USTREAM chat at 10:00 a.m. on a Monday morning. Except for this: Randy Moss announcing that he wants to return to the NFL while chatting live with fans on USTREAM.

"I wanna play football," Moss said Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."

It just so happens that Monday is Moss' birthday, so he gave back to fans by hopping on the Internet and holding a live chat. He seemed genuinely surprised by the fact that 100-plus people were watching around 9:45 a.m. ET, but was straight-up shocked when the number swelled to over 500 by the end of the hour, thanks to various people like our own Mike Freeman sending out links on Twitter.

Moss' live chat was both bizarre and entertaining. At one point, he pulled out a bag filled with all the hair he recently cut off and said it smells like "sauerkraut."

But, again, the most important thing is that Moss said he's coming back to football in 2012. Or, at least, wants to come back to football. There are teams (the Vikings, Raiders and Titans most notably) that can be crossed off the list.

Perhaps the Patriots are too much of a stretch for Moss. But there will be someone interested in taking a flier on Moss, particularly if he's as motivated as he sounded on Monday morning. On his birthday. During a USTREAM chat.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34820095

ludo21
02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
id take him

gotfredson
02-13-2012, 07:54 AM
i wouldn't

BroncoInferno
02-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Traslation: Moss is almost broke, hence he's rediscovered his "love" for football.

oubronco
02-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I want to play football too for millions of dollars

bendog
02-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't wanna be like TO! Help me, somebody, pleeeeease.

Beantown Bronco
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Moss' live chat was both bizarre and entertaining. At one point, he pulled out a bag filled with all the hair he recently cut off and said it smells like "sauerkraut."

Someone told him the league was now doing their random drug tests via hair samples instead of blood.

BowlenBall
02-13-2012, 08:45 AM
All jokes aside, I'd give him a chance if I were the Broncos GM -- the bottom of our WR rotation is weak, and the publicity alone would be worth the shot. Plus, Tebow throws a great long ball.... might actually work, football-wise + business-wise.

vancejohnson82
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
why not

bronco militia
02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I would think the broncos need more speed at the position, not another possession type WR.

bendog
02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
if he made the team, he'd be torn hamstring after the final cut

Pony Boy
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Can he Tebow?

broncosteven
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
They shoot horses for looking as lame as Moss did in his last year.

I sure hope we are not that desperate.

Shananahan
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Someone told him the league was now doing their random drug tests via hair samples instead of blood.
"Drug tests? Nah, I'm just hoping to earn some extra cash to help pay for all these alopecia treatments."

BroncoBen
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Traslation: Moss is almost broke, hence he's rediscovered his "love" for football.

Isn't that the way for these prima donnas.. 'I'll sign for a ‘Guaranteed ‘ amount, but heaven forbid it’s a contract based on incentives or production.

Crushaholic
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
All jokes aside, I'd give him a chance if I were the Broncos GM -- the bottom of our WR rotation is weak, and the publicity alone would be worth the shot. Plus, Tebow throws a great long ball.... might actually work, football-wise + business-wise.

Good point. We don't have ANYBODY on the team that ESPN talks about, nonstop...LOL

BowlenBall
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Good point. We don't have ANYBODY on the team that ESPN talks about, nonstop...LOL

Maybe it's the Bill Veeck in me.

I say we sign Randy Moss and Terrell Owens to minimum-salary contracts... for a $2 million invesment, we can make American media lose their collective **** for an entire season.

maher_tyler
02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I'd say yes...see what he's got left in the tank

Jetmeck
02-13-2012, 01:29 PM

Agreed. Encentive laden contract with quick opt out if Randy gets lazy like he was in Chokeland or shoots his mouth off too much. Him and DT and Decker would be sweet.............

Jetmeck
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe it's the Bill Veeck in me.

I say we sign Randy Moss and Terrell Owens to minimum-salary contracts... for a $2 million invesment, we can make American media lose their collective **** for an entire season.

Holy Chit now there's a plan. The christian boy would convert the two heathens ! I smell a reality tv show !!! We just might get some media coverage if we did this.................lol....ROFL.....lol

Beantown Bronco
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Holy Chit now there's a plan. The christian boy would convert the two heathens ! I smell a reality tv show !!! We just might get some media coverage if we did this.................lol....ROFL.....lol

Could they live in Tim's basement ala Marshall and Cutler? Set up cameras in every room, Big Brother style........sit back and enjoy.

Miss I.
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
And in other fantasy news, I would like to be Jessica Alba, have a billion dollars, own an island and have Eric Decker, Henry Cavill, Ryan Reynolds and possibly some other hotties as my kept love slaves. We all got dreams.

Broncoman13
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
And in other fantasy news, I would like to be Jessica Alba, have a billion dollars, own an island and have Eric Decker, Henry Cavill, Ryan Reynolds and possibly some other hotties as my kept love slaves. We all got dreams.

Something tells me that isn't something you just came up with on the spot... you've been giving this some thought for quite some time.

extralife
02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
not a fit for us (though you could convince me), but there is just no way in hell that a 35 year old Randy Moss can't still be a top tier player for someone. maybe he can go wherever Peyton goes (if Peyton goes to Washington this is a mortal lock).

Philly would be a great fit if they let Jackson walk.

montrose
02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Early rumors - yes, just rumors- are that Denver is one of a few teams he is not interested in due to quarterback play. No idea if there's interest from the Broncos, I'll try to get something more substantial tomorrow.

Lycan
02-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Early rumors - yes, just rumors- are that Denver is one of a few teams he is not interested in due to quarterback play. No idea if there's interest from the Broncos, I'll try to get something more substantial tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be a perfect fit though?

Tebow's deep ball is his best pass and Randy only runs fly routes. Win/Win.

kappys
02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
We need WR who will block - unless Moss has had a revelation in that dept then no.

Tombstone RJ
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
no thanks. He's probably just bored or broke or both.

montrose
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Wouldn't it be a perfect fit though?

Tebow's deep ball is his best pass and Randy only runs fly routes. Win/Win.

Seems to make sense but remember - the national perception of Tebow from other players is likely to be very different than those of Broncos fans who've watched all of his games.

Pontius Pirate
02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I bet he's thinking, "Man, I need to be on a team with a larger-than-life QB who can't throw and will overshadow all the other offensive players on the field because of his moxie and hard work ethic. Now where can I find such a team?"

BroncoMan4ever
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM

i think Eric Decker and Henry Cavill are separated twins. it is freaky how alike they look

Jetmeck
02-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Holy chit. Thought you said "I would like to DO Jessica Alba"............everything else went blank after that. Ha !

Miss I.
02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Something tells me that isn't something you just came up with on the spot... you've been giving this some thought for quite some time.

Thought? More than thought brother. I've been telling people I've been renting out my house back home while I am in England that I took a job over here in England and thus the temp move, but truth is, has anyone seen Eric or the others recently in public? I made some off season acquisitions and they are quietly resting at my abode in the US. I am in England now trying to get Henry on board and then I am ready to head back. Eventually I might make some other roster spots available to the likes of Chris Evans and Jason Statham too, but the house will need some expansion first. ;D

broncocalijohn
02-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Agreed. Encentive laden contract with quick opt out if Randy gets lazy like he was in Chokeland or shoots his mouth off too much. Him and DT and Decker would be sweet.............

Like Oakland? WHile not a big Moss fan, he was probably at his best with the Raiders at least behavior-wise. He kept his mouth shut while everything around him stunk to high heaven. That is the Moss I would want to see. Well, the on ein Minnesota was pretty good too.

Jetmeck
02-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Like Oakland? WHile not a big Moss fan, he was probably at his best with the Raiders at least behavior-wise. He kept his mouth shut while everything around him stunk to high heaven. That is the Moss I would want to see. Well, the on ein Minnesota was pretty good too.

Hello ? He did next to nothing while in Chokeland and I was not the first say he was on cruise control while there................

Beantown Bronco
02-14-2012, 06:22 AM
I'd bet good money that he'll go back to NE now that McD will be running the show again. Moss, Brady and McD were a match made in heaven.