PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week! Week 1 1986 LA RAIDERs @ Broncos

txtebow
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
http://youtu.be/DYrHyLdfSZU

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DYrHyLdfSZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

txtebow
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Narrated by the GREAT Harry Kalas

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6lPRmXUV_w0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MagicHef
02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow, and people complain about officiating now? Maybe I just didn't have a good view, but it looked like the big PI call wasn't even close to catchable, and 2 of the fumbles were after the ball carrier was down.

Bronco Rob
02-13-2012, 05:46 AM
:thumbs:

txtebow
02-13-2012, 06:12 AM
It is very interesting to see the Broncos of my youth now through the eyes of a person who has been watching football for 25 years +.....I love discovering these old game clips on youtube...

txtebow
02-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Wow, and people complain about officiating now? Maybe I just didn't have a good view, but it looked like the big PI call wasn't even close to catchable, and 2 of the fumbles were after the ball carrier was down.

Mile high magic! :wiggle:

BowlenBall
02-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Wow, great find... I was 15 years old, and playing organized football for the first time. Didn't know jack **** about the game, so I starting watching the NFL on Sunday to fill in the knowledge gaps. I think this might have been the very game that made me a Broncos fan for life....

At the time, I remember Elway just looking so much better than everyone else on the field.... 25 years later, I still feel that way.

Marcus Allen, on the other hand... definitely couldn't play in today's game with that body.

bronco militia
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Wow, great find... I was 15 years old, and playing organized football for the first time. Didn't know jack **** about the game, so I starting watching the NFL on Sunday to fill in the knowledge gaps. I think this might have been the very game that made me a Broncos fan for life....

At the time, I remember Elway just looking so much better than everyone else on the field.... 25 years later, I still feel that way.

Marcus Allen, on the other hand... definitely couldn't play in today's game with that body.

I think Marcus Allen (like elway) was such a unique talent, that he could play in any era of the NFL. I lost count how many times I saw him get caught behind the LOS only to see him gain 4-5 yards as he was going to the gound.

vancejohnson82
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Elway was putting in work....

Three fumbles in one half....LA, Oakland, they will always play Raiders football

BroncoLifer
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Great to see Steve Watson again. Decker reminds me of him for some reason.

BowlenBall
02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Great to see Steve Watson again. Decker reminds me of him for some reason.

No, no, you're thinking of Ed McCaffrey....

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM

They instituted replay in the 80's for a reason.

oubronco
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Would've been alot of fun to be a season ticket holder back then