PDA

View Full Version : All those with hair loss in the house say HO!!

Chris
02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
In the last three months or so my hair has been retreating at breakneck pace. Let me preface this by saying that I am nowhere near bald., just a young guy that is noticing some real recession for the first time. The hairs on the edge are looking like they're hanging on by threads. Luckily the loss is not at the back (friar tuck style) just up on the sides, though front and centre is starting to look a bit precarious as well. I know baldness is caused by testosterone / natural awesomeness but I really don't want to look like an evil count or, more likely, one of the aliens in Mars Attacks.

Any tips / tricks from your own experience? I hear the pills are bad for your balls and we're not really sure what they do.

Do not say Bosley which is basically gluing your ass hair to your head. I have considered gluing fake mutton chops in the recessions as they fit perfectly but then I would look like a Chiefs fan.

The worst part is my best friend is bald and I will not be able to ridicule him any longer. :poke:

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Wear hats.

2KBack
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
shave your head and never look back

Spider
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I am getting little thin also, not easy to accept

Chris
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
shave your head and never look back

Hats will just make me go bald faster and this is what my head will look like without hair on it. It's like a face with a globe attached to the back of it that no one notices because of the hair. Woe is me.

http://www.weirdwarp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Mars-Attacks.jpg

Chris
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM

You're 50! I'm 27!

alkemical
02-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Go bald as a beaver.

gyldenlove
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I am in the same boat as you, 31 now and going bald fast. I know some people who swear by Rogaine but it is largely preventative so you have to start early.

I just accepted it as a fact, keep my hair (what little if left by now) short so nobody will think I am trying for a combover and realized that as a ruggedly handsome tall scandinavian man with a doctorate in physics (soon) there are worse things that can befall you than balding.

That One Guy
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm 25 and started receding pretty bad after I started thyroid medicine. Welcome to the club.

I just pretend like it doesn't exist.

LRtagger
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I knew a lawyer that got the surgery and it looked like ****. They take hair follicles from the sides of your head where it still grows and implant them on the top of your head. Maybe he just has a ****ty Dr, but he has scars all over his head and he still looked bald on top.

**** the world just shave it.

Spider
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
You're 50! I'm 27!

I am not 50 ...........

Spider
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
besides lots of life left at 50 , I still walk 5 miles a day , do 100-150 push ups per day , date like there is no tomorrow , Do all the things i did when I was 20 ........just with less hair

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Have you considered getting off steroids?

Fedaykin
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
In the last three months or so my hair has been retreating at breakneck pace. Let me preface this by saying that I am nowhere near bald., just a young guy that is noticing some real recession for the first time. The hairs on the edge are looking like they're hanging on by threads. Luckily the loss is not at the back (friar tuck style) just up on the sides, though front and centre is starting to look a bit precarious as well. I know baldness is caused by testosterone / natural awesomeness but I really don't want to look like an evil count or, more likely, one of the aliens in Mars Attacks.

Any tips / tricks from your own experience? I hear the pills are bad for your balls and we're not really sure what they do.

Do not say Bosley which is basically gluing your ass hair to your head. I have considered gluing fake mutton chops in the recessions as they fit perfectly but then I would look like a Chiefs fan.

The worst part is my best friend is bald and I will not be able to ridicule him any longer. :poke:

Nothing will help if you're destined for full on baldness.

Don't ever try a combover or hats, rugs, etc.

Cut your hair short and accept it. Don't worry about the ladies -- despite "common knowledge" baldness is not a problem for most women. Many women actually like the Mr. Clean look =P

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Have you considered getting off steroids?

who ?

crush17
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
besides lots of life left at 50 , I still walk 5 miles a day , do 100-150 push ups per day , date like there is no tomorrow , Do all the things i did when I was 20 ........just with less hair

You also dabble in hotel brawls. Charmed life indeed.

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
You also dabble in hotel brawls. Charmed life indeed.

well at least Iam staying out of barroom brawls ...... That was hard to give up ..

Mogulseeker
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Estoy feliz que nadie en mi familia es calvo.

oubronco
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Just shave that shyt and go smooth as a babies ass, the chicks dig it

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Yo tambien!!!

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM

I ma glad no one in your family is bald , but I pressed 1 for English mother ****er

SonOfLe-loLang
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
This happened to me too and i just buzzed my hair. Actually my hairline didnt change much, but its gotten much thinner.

Honestly, you just cant win. Just accept it:) Though i know rogaine worked for some.

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:32 PM
This happened to me too and i just buzzed my hair. Actually my hairline didnt change much, but its gotten much thinner.

Honestly, you just cant win. Just accept it:) Though i know rogaine worked for some.

LOL a gal I was dating told me to use Listerine .........friggen nut she was ....

Chris
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't look good with short short hair. I've done it. The spanish is appropriate given that it's my abuelo's hairline (my mother's cuban) that I'm inheriting.

So apparently no one here has used the pills or the laser comb. Aii.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

broncosteven
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Gray was hard for me to accept, only a couple here and there, not enough to keep me from getting carded, just enough for me to know it's there.

Can't wait until I no longer look like a teenager so I can go into Truck stops without fearing for my male virginity.

(the last part was for Spider)

go_broncos
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
If your hair loss is due to deficiency(like Iron), then you need to use pills/eat more food that has iron etc.

The starting point is to have blood work done.

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Gray was hard for me to accept, only a couple here and there, not enough to keep me from getting carded, just enough for me to know it's there.

Can't wait until I no longer look like a teenager so I can go into Truck stops without fearing for my male virginity.

(the last part was for Spider)

LMAO .....well no gray for me . as for your male virginity , LMAO as if a trucker is picky ....

Archer81
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I started losing my hair around my 21st birthday. And most of the loss is in the front. I tend to get buzz cuts...I like shorter hair anyway, otherwise it grows like weeds on the sides and desert brush on top and in front. ****ing genetics...and men in my dad's family go grey early, luckily I have some silver streaks and not the salt and pepper effect my dad and uncles have.

:Broncos:

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
LMAO .....well no gray for me . as for your male virginity , LMAO as if a trucker is picky ....

True dat. Spider'll hollow out a truckstop rollergrill egg roll if necessary. :)

Spider
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
True dat. Spider'll hollow out a truckstop rollergrill egg roll if necessary. :)

Just cause I turned you down ,Doesnt give you the right to tell everything on a message board

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Just cause I turned you down ,Doesnt give you the right to tell everything on a message board

I said I wasn't hungry. What you did with the egg roll after that had nothin' to do with me.

OBF1
02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I am not sure what the efffff is going on with my hair.... Looks like I paid a small fortune for white highlights all over the place. My hair is not receding, My forehead is just getting larger :)

Mogulseeker
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I ma glad no one in your family is bald , but I pressed 1 for English mother ****er

You speak English? I thought you only spoke Redneck.

Kaylore
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
You get old! It's harder to stay thin, your hairline recedes, I got crows feet on my eyes and I found my first gray hair a few months ago. Having a kid will no doubt expedite the process. Everyone ages.

Fusionfrontman
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I've been shaving the head for almost 4 years. I look better totally bald than I did when I had full set of hair. I'm 25 now. I've used Propecia and it works, but it doesn't stop receeding hairlines, only increases thickness where the hair follicles are not dead yet; the back, the sides, what's left of the front, etc. It definitely works and I use it even though I shave my head. I like it as when my hair comes in after a few days, if I don't feel like shaving, I don't automatically look like George Costanza.

As far as the downfall on the "boys", it's an individual thing. Those were my concerns and my DR. told me she's never had someone have an issue with them. If anything, using it has increased my "stamina".

Hope it helps. But in all seriousness, whatever you choose, embrace it and make it work for you. The worst thing to do is be in denial ( I was for a few months before shaving it, and it looked bad). If you cut it short, then shorter, then even shorter, and then eventually shave it clean off, the change will be gradual enough that noone will really react to it. Personally, I went the route of "hair today, gone tomorrow" and shaved it all off one night. Made a party out of it.

Best of luck.

gyldenlove
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I started losing my hair around my 21st birthday. And most of the loss is in the front. I tend to get buzz cuts...I like shorter hair anyway, otherwise it grows like weeds on the sides and desert brush on top and in front. ****ing genetics...and men in my dad's family go grey early, luckily I have some silver streaks and not the salt and pepper effect my dad and uncles have.

I started receding around age 16, I have had a few solo grey hairs in my beard for a few years so I stay clean shaven mostly, except when I go to conferences when it makes me seem a bit older, more mature and respectable.

Chris
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Why is Matt Hasselbeck the only bald white football player

Chris
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I've been shaving the head for almost 4 years. I look better totally bald than I did when I had full set of hair. I'm 25 now. I've used Propecia and it works, but it doesn't stop receeding hairlines, only increases thickness where the hair follicles are not dead yet; the back, the sides, what's left of the front, etc. It definitely works and I use it even though I shave my head. I like it as when my hair comes in after a few days, if I don't feel like shaving, I don't automatically look like George Costanza.

As far as the downfall on the "boys", it's an individual thing. Those were my concerns and my DR. told me she's never had someone have an issue with them. If anything, using it has increased my "stamina".

Hope it helps. But in all seriousness, whatever you choose, embrace it and make it work for you. The worst thing to do is be in denial ( I was for a few months before shaving it, and it looked bad). If you cut it short, then shorter, then even shorter, and then eventually shave it clean off, the change will be gradual enough that noone will really react to it. Personally, I went the route of "hair today, gone tomorrow" and shaved it all off one night. Made a party out of it.

Best of luck.

Thank you. I might go the pills route. I'm just not confident in the lack of longitudal studies due to the simple fact that the pills haven't been around that long.

Jetmeck
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM

That there is funny chit....................Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Vandenbosch is bald too

Jetmeck
02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
am 48, STARTED NOTICING a little hair loss at 42.
Went Bosley where they told me how great a head of hair I had
and how little I had lost....they proceeded to ask 9,000 for a 4-5 hour
operation to fix my little bit of hair loss.......but lunch was included....LOL

And since the hair loss will likely continue you would probably need 1-2 more surgeries in the future otherwise the hair they stuck in would remain and the hair further back might recede.............keep ya coming back for 10-20 grand later.

Holy chit what they charge people with major hair loss ? and it doesn't look all that good to me in the before and after pics. Better but not the same as you had before.

Just my two cents.

Rohirrim
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Have you thought about a tattoo?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/3847501871_6f143b98d0_o.jpg

razorwire77
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Had a receding hairline since I was 20-years-old. I shaved my head at 24 and haven't had any hair for 10 years. You can't fight genetics. I look younger at 33 with a shaved head and goatee than I looked at 23. If you have a fairly symmetrical face and normal shaped head, shave it or keep it short and never look back. Facial hair helps balance the look too. Just remember that if you have fair skin and light colored eyebrows that you run the risk of looking like a chemo patent.

Chris
02-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm dark and my face is symmetrical...but it's also full which doesn't look good with a shaved head. I also have big ears and my skull is large and bulbous relative to my face which noone notices because of the hair. In short, I'm a reasonably vein fothamotha.

Surprised everyone is just advocating shaving. Interesting.

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Here's your answer. You're welcome.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2GeF7A05zQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Matt Shaub is bald like hell, Jake Locker is getting there...

Archer81
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I have a huge dome. If I shaved it bald...good God...

I can already use it for a coffee table.

http://tinyurl.com/7ehc6h3

Pony Boy
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I bought a pair of jeans the other day that make my butt look fat ..........should I just wear a belt with more bling?

Archer81
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I bought a pair of jeans the other day that make my butt look fat ..........should I just wear a belt with more bling?

Get bigger jeans?

Mr.Meanie
02-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Just shave it. There's nothing worse than a guy trying to hide the fact that he's going bald. Embrace it and own it.

Spider
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I said I wasn't hungry. What you did with the egg roll after that had nothin' to do with me.

if that is your story stick to it

broncosteven
I'm dark and my face is symmetrical...but it's also full which doesn't look good with a shaved head. I also have big ears and my skull is large and bulbous relative to my face which noone notices because of the hair. In short, I'm a reasonably vein fothamotha.

Surprised everyone is just advocating shaving. Interesting.

Everyone I know who used to deny it started going to shaved or crew cut look over the last couple years.

Spider
You speak English? I thought you only spoke Redneck.

Racist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rednecks are peoples too

Spider
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Everyone I know who used to deny it started going to shaved or crew cut look over the last couple years.

I am ok till I get out of the shower ....... so tempted to shave my head bald , but knowing my luck I would fall asleep the night my kids are over and end up with all kinds of funky drawings on my head

Chris
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Just shave it. There's nothing worse than a guy trying to hide the fact that he's going bald. Embrace it and own it.

There you go. Shave your butt Pony Boy.

DenverBroncosJM
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Shave it and not the clippers on setting one shave...actually shave it.

The biggest problem you are going to run it to is you have to use really good razors and they are expensive. Also use dermalogica shave gel works wonders.

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I just go with a #1-1.5 clip. No muss, no fuss, and French soccer players approve:

http://u.goal.com/49400/49429hp2.jpg

broncoblue
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
fusion razor ....down to the wood.

Pony Boy
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
There you go. Shave your butt Pony Boy.

There is one good thing you can can paint your head for the Bronco's game .....;D

Boobs McGee
02-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm in the same boat Chris....started creeping up at the sides of the top, and NOW the front /top is starting to thin out :( I'm finally at a point where I don't give a **** anymore, but it's still sad to see it go.

EVERY salon I've been to, has said to use Nioxin. Haven't really done the research, but you might want to check into it. Another poster mentioned something that sounded similar, propecia - I "think" nioxin is the same way. It doesn't grow hair back, but helps to thicken the strands still hanging on like troopers.

Anywho, good luck my friend, and remember this. One of the most friar tuck looking mother****ers I've ever met (seriously, HUGE spot) pulled more ass than anyone I've met in a while. Just date really short women, and don't have a mirror on your ceiling when you're pounding away ;D

Boobs McGee
02-09-2012, 05:37 PM
here ya go:

http://nioxin.com/en-US/home-page.aspx

Arkie
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
You get old! It's harder to stay thin, your hairline recedes, I got crows feet on my eyes and I found my first gray hair a few months ago. Having a kid will no doubt expedite the process. Everyone ages.

Eyesight worsens too. Maybe you should try on a pair of glasses before you look in the mirror.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2681&dateline=1312093020

gyldenlove
02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I just go with a #1-1.5 clip. No muss, no fuss, and French soccer players approve:

http://u.goal.com/49400/49429hp2.jpg

Don't go with that look, you will end up going crazy and headbutting Italian guys in the heart.

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
you will end up going crazy and headbutting Italian guys in the heart.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bronco Yoda
02-10-2012, 03:51 AM

So true. Have a couple more. Watch how the process multiplies exponentially.

Punisher
02-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Doesn't matter how you look it matters how ya bank account looks

Blueflame
02-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Have you thought about a tattoo?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/3847501871_6f143b98d0_o.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/Tattoo.jpg

;D

Blueflame
02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Seriously, though, Chris... if you do shave your head, wear a cap on sunny days. Sunburn on the head would suck. And if it peeled, it would look like a horrible case of dandruff.

WolfpackGuy
02-10-2012, 06:17 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/Tattoo.jpg

;D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/rwbreedi/Ravens.jpg

I can't believe there are two of these tattoos in existence.

Caught this at the Ravens game in 2010.

Blueflame
02-10-2012, 06:22 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/rwbreedi/Ravens.jpg

I can't believe there are two of these tattoos in existence.

Caught this at the Ravens game in 2010.

ROFL at the personalized "Balti-moron" jersey.... (Hey, that's the way "I" read that nametag... ;D)

ColoradoDarin
02-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Shave it. Like many of your brothers who have posted in this thread, I started losing my hair when I was 18. The good was that I didn't even get carded with my "real" ID when I went out drinking. I always kept it short anyways, so I ended up shaving it completely and have done so for 12+ years now. Met my now wife 10 years ago, she was a senior in college 6 years younger - there are a lot of women out there that like bald heads.

Shave it.
Think about all the money you would spend on haircuts.
Work out (a lot).

and root for bald guys....

ScottXray
02-10-2012, 11:28 AM
I am not sure what the efffff is going on with my hair.... Looks like I paid a small fortune for white highlights all over the place. My hair is not receding, My forehead is just getting larger :)

As you age you get smarter...this because the brain keeps growing thus causing the forehead to expand. Result is the Appearance of a receding hairline. Although you seem to be going bald it is really just an optical illusion.

I wonder what peyton Manning will look like at 60?

this is all true...it's happened to me!

ozomulsion
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
House M.D.

gyldenlove
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Morally that is of course fully defensible but it is sadly considered a misdemeanor in many juridisdictions and I would hate for a solid poster to wind up in the slammer over bad hair advice.

Chris
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. I have to say I am disappointed no one say ho.

I think I'm about two or three years removed from needing to shave (I could go short now but I am vein and eurotastic) but will consider it.

I will look bad, but I will never touch this

http://www.generalstudiesdegree.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/weird-10.jpg

BlaK-Argentina
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Man, don't listen to those that are saying you should shave. If you still have good hair, you can make a quick recovery. If you are already "almost" bald then yes, go ahead... but if not, don't give up!

I noticed hair loss for the first time a few months ago... nothing bad at first, didn't even give it any thought. Then I really freaked out when I was combing my hair one day and noticed how much I was losing. I started seeing a lot of hair on my pillow and stuff... that sucked.

That's when a friend who noticed it too recommended a combination of finasteride and minoxidil. (pills and lotion) Went to see a doctor about it and he said that is the best thing you can do. The pills will keep all your remaining hair in place and the lotion will help grow some of what you lost back while also thickening it.

I started with the "treatment" (it's as simple as it gets) and in a short time the hair loss completely STOPPED. My head looks almost like it always did already, and I'm sure with time it will be completely back to normal.

HILife
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Just shave it. There's nothing worse then a comb-over.

Bronco Yoda
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Don't worry you're just drunk. It's just that leather helmet and yes... a chin strap with some bling might just make it pop. :giggle:

Tombstone RJ
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
wow, no mention of wigs or toupees? You can go with the wicked comb over. Sure, you can shave it but that just says you've given up. Women don't like a quitter.

Beantown Bronco
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
People that diss the combover are just jealous of this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SxXJbjHttMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Man, don't listen to those that are saying you should shave. If you still have good hair, you can make a quick recovery. If you are already "almost" bald then yes, go ahead... but if not, don't give up!

I noticed hair loss for the first time a few months ago... nothing bad at first, didn't even give it any thought. Then I really freaked out when I was combing my hair one day and noticed how much I was losing. I started seeing a lot of hair on my pillow and stuff... that sucked.

That's when a friend who noticed it too recommended a combination of finasteride and minoxidil. (pills and lotion) Went to see a doctor about it and he said that is the best thing you can do. The pills will keep all your remaining hair in place and the lotion will help grow some of what you lost back while also thickening it.

I started with the "treatment" (it's as simple as it gets) and in a short time the hair loss completely STOPPED. My head looks almost like it always did already, and I'm sure with time it will be completely back to normal.

What finasteride do you recommend?

Chris
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Ack

Finasteride may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

inability to have or maintain an erection
decreased sexual desire
problems with ejaculation (including decreased volume of ejaculate)
pain in the testicles
depression

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

changes in the breasts such as increased size, lumps, pain, or nipple discharge
rash
itching
hives
swelling of the lips and face
difficulty breathing or swallowing
So depression, sore balls, man boobies and nipple juice.

Smiling Assassin27
02-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Ack

I'd think you can counteract this with Cialis and a good test booster. Drugstore cowboy up, man!

Beantown Bronco
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Ack

So, basically, you become a woman?

BlaK-Argentina
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Ack

I know a lot of people who have used Finasteride and no one has had ANY side effects at all.

Just 1 mg per day, I take the one from Forbes laboratories, don't know if you can get it where you are. I know people who have used it for years and no issues... but, everyone's different. You should check with your doctor (like always) but it definitely works. (in most cases at least)

Requiem
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Will sell anyone on the forum a pound of my pubes for $200 bucks. That's a steal, I figure you can make a couple wigs with 'em. Serious inquiries only -- PM me ASAP.

Chris
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Will sell anyone on the forum a pound of my pubes for $200 bucks. That's a steal, I figure you can make a couple wigs with 'em. Serious inquiries only -- PM me ASAP.

Why would I want a red wig? :curtsey:

Requiem
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Why do you think Shaun White is so good at snowboarding? I gave him his mojo. #pubeswag

Chris
02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I figured it out

http://www.moviemobsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tt9pshqeke4qnke1.jpg

http://366weirdmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/the_peanut_butter_solution.jpg

pricejj
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I've been cutting my own hair for about 12 years now.

Cut it all down to 1/4". Then use an 1/8" guard to square up your neck and front hairline (don't get too wicked on the front, just a little bit if necessary).

Super simple, you still have hair, and it looks good too. Worry free :)

Ray Finkle
02-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Why do you think Shaun White is so good at snowboarding? I gave him his mojo. #pubeswag

How do you explain Carrot top then???

Chris
02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Pube Swag

http://cbskroq.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/gingers-have-souls-2.jpg

http://www.kamaz.fr/fichiers/images_videos/ginger-have-souls-autotune-v15503.jpg

broncocalijohn
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
So, basically, you become a woman?

but with nice hair!

Jetmeck
02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I've been cutting my own hair for about 12 years now.

Cut it all down to 1/4". Then use an 1/8" guard to square up your neck and front hairline (don't get too wicked on the front, just a little bit if necessary).

Super simple, you still have hair, and it looks good too. Worry free :)

You might get questioned on the looks good part !

Haven't seen a home hair cut that did look good.

Archer81
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM

So...when you open your pants it looks like you have a herd of Beakers camping on your junk?

That's oddly fascinating.

http://tinyurl.com/7ronx6l

hazefrog
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM

I knew I would run across atleast one post suggesting pharmaceutical drugs.. particularly finasteride.

Please take my advice: STAY AWAY FROM FINASTERIDE. (and most pharmaceutical drugs for that matter....) Look up the side effects this drug comes with. It messes with your hormones, can bring on an early onset of dementia, can kill your libido, makes you feel as though you've aged 10+ years withing the span of a year or so, can mess with your libido and supposedly can give you erectile disfunction.

Personally the drug gave me depression and generally messed with my body chemistry in a way that made me feel like an old man. Luckily i was able to recover after finding a product that did wonders for fixing my body chemistry.

As silly as it sounds the thing that stopped my hairloss was the discontinued use of shampoos. I remember reading somewhere that the chemicals inside shampoos and conditioners can be really bad for some people's systems and after discontinuing use my hairloss stopped.

On the subject of pharmaceutical drugs: I would be VERY interested in seeing Dr Broncostein's opinion of pharmaceutical drugs and how the medical industry peddles said drugs out. My opinion of the "proper" medicine and the industry behind it is horribly low. Every new drug released by Big Pharma claims that the side effects only effect a small number of people and after dealing with finasteride and spending a few years talking to people i think this is a big fat lie and many doctors are paid off to tell said lies.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
can kill your libido, makes you feel as though you've aged 10+ years withing the span of a year or so, can mess with your libido

Can definitely tell where this guy's priorities are. :)

Yeah yeah, I know, I've got great hair sweetcheeks. Now don't touch me, I gotta headache.

Chris
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I knew I would run across atleast one post suggesting pharmaceutical drugs.. particularly finasteride.

Please take my advice: STAY AWAY FROM FINASTERIDE. (and most pharmaceutical drugs for that matter....) Look up the side effects this drug comes with. It messes with your hormones, can bring on an early onset of dementia, can kill your libido, makes you feel as though you've aged 10+ years withing the span of a year or so, can mess with your libido and supposedly can give you erectile disfunction.

Personally the drug gave me depression and generally messed with my body chemistry in a way that made me feel like an old man. Luckily i was able to recover after finding a product that did wonders for fixing my body chemistry.

As silly as it sounds the thing that stopped my hairloss was the discontinued use of shampoos. I remember reading somewhere that the chemicals inside shampoos and conditioners can be really bad for some people's systems and after discontinuing use my hairloss stopped.

On the subject of pharmaceutical drugs: I would be VERY interested in seeing Dr Broncostein's opinion of pharmaceutical drugs and how the medical industry peddles said drugs out. My opinion of the "proper" medicine and the industry behind it is horribly low. Every new drug released by Big Pharma claims that the side effects only effect a small number of people and after dealing with finasteride and spending a few years talking to people i think this is a big fat lie and many doctors are paid off to tell said lies.

Thank you. I have virtually no trust in US Pharma. If you don't shampoo your hair, what do you do?

BlaK-Argentina
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM

That's not my experience (at least so far) and not the experience of anyone else I know. So far so good.

hazefrog
02-10-2012, 05:03 PM
That's not my experience (at least so far) and not the experience of anyone else I know. So far so good.

I wish you luck man. I've read that some people's systems dont get effected by it. I think getting your hormones checked was the suggested way of seeing if everything was okay.

hazefrog
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Can definitely tell where this guy's priorities are. :)

Yeah yeah, I know, I've got great hair sweetcheeks. Now don't touch me, I gotta headache.

:) strangely some people get increased libido.. and increased ejaculate volume. i was one of these people. lol

fapfapfap

hazefrog
02-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Thank you. I have virtually no trust in US Pharma. If you don't shampoo your hair, what do you do?

every once in a while ill use the organic soap i use for washing the rest of my body but generally i dont do anything do my hair.

BlaK-Argentina
02-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I wish you luck man. I've read that some people's systems dont get effected by it. I think getting your hormones checked was the suggested way of seeing if everything was okay.

Thanks. I know what the side effects are so I'm ready to stop using it at the first sign of trouble. :)

Gort
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM

never, ever make fun of gingers. it's not safe.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/thursdays-dar-40.jpg

ShutDownPoster
02-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm 41, and I'm pretty thinned out but not a dome just yet - still have some to work with. About 10 years I ago I started noticing it and became really depressed about it and saw a dermatologist who said it's normal male pattern baldness. I took some FINASTERIDE for about 2 months and hair did start to grow but it was in a weird place - like at the bottom of my original hairline and not even at all. Also, i was having some ED and abnormally funky body odor. Needless to say I stopped using it - rather be a bonerific baldy than a hairy doughboy.

In the past 5 years, the hair loss has increased considerably but I decided not to get too depressed about it. The increase in hair loss also coincided with some really high pressure work related stress - I'm handling it better and the hair loss, though steady - the acceleration has slowed down. As I mentioned before all is not lost I still have some to work with and still have several years before I have to shave it I think.

What actually depresses me the most is that I inherited my fathers side of the family's male pattern baldness. Whilst my 3 older brothers and younger sister seemed to inherit my mothers side healthy hair DNA - my maternal grandma and grandfather died with full heads of hair. My eldest brother - aged 48 has a ****ing EXCEEDING hair line.

Old Dude
02-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Thing that bugs me is that when people see a guy my age wearing a hat, they just assume that it's because I'm bald underneath, so I have to go without hats just to prove them wrong, but my head still gets cold.

Mogulseeker
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM

When did ya'll (the oldn's on this forum) start to get fat?

Just curious because I'm 26 and I'm in better shape than 22 (mostly because I'm back at the whole skiing/ice hockey thing).

kappys
02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
When did ya'll (the oldn's on this forum) start to get fat?

Just curious because I'm 26 and I'm in better shape than 22 (mostly because I'm back at the whole skiing/ice hockey thing).

30 - it all goes downhill from there. Not saying you can't stay in excellent shape but it takes a little extra effort.

kappys
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Well they publish the studies that lead to FDA approval including side effect profile so its publicly available knowledge(i.e read the package insert)

If the pharmaceutical companies are paying all the doctors off to promote lies then me and Bronc are really missing out.

Momentum
02-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Just accept your new hairline or quit complaining about the shape of your head and shave it. No one really cares either way. Confidence is what gets the ladies. Not a head full of hair.