PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ross

broncs2bowl
02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
He is gonna be a free agent and with everyone the Giants need to sign as well as Prince Amukumara having a year of experience they likely wont resign him.

I think he would be a great number 2, get lost goodman

oubronco
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
I totally agree but I doubt they let him walk

barryr
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Ross turns 30 next season and not a given they re-sign him because he has occasionally lost his starting spot here ande there with the Giants, so it is possible he won't be kept. Now whether he would be a good fit for the Broncos, that is another question. I do like him more than Goodman though.

Drek
02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
He is gonna be a free agent and with everyone the Giants need to sign as well as Prince Amukumara having a year of experience they likely wont resign him.

I'd rather go after Rashean Mathis, who is a free agent from the Jags this year and a far better player when healthy.

Ray Finkle
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ross would become Goodman 2. He was almost converted to safety because he stunk.

Rich Karlis
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I promise you this guy is not the answer for #2 or even #3. If Terrell Thomas didnt get lost for the season then Ross doesnt see the field besides Dime coverage and special teams. I'll take Goodman over Ross

Lestat
02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
why on earth would you replace Goodman with Goodman 2.0?
we do not have the DL to compare to the Giants and Ross is not a CB you want to have to cover a guy without pressure.

strafen
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Ross turns 30 next season and not a given they re-sign him because he has occasionally lost his starting spot here ande there with the Giants, so it is possible he won't be kept. Now whether he would be a good fit for the Broncos, that is another question. I do like him more than Goodman though.

Ross has 5-year experience, he's at the top of his prime right now, IMO.
I doubt they let him go, unless they draft a stud, otherwise I don't see the Giants getting weaker in the secondary...

broncs2bowl
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Some people are saying Ross is too good to be let go, some people are saying he sucks. I thought he was a good cb maybe I was wrong, but why are there so many mixed opionions?

rugbythug
02-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Some people are saying Ross is too good to be let go, some people are saying he sucks. I thought he was a good cb maybe I was wrong, but why are there so many mixed opionions?

Because we are fans And don't know what we are talking about.

UberBroncoMan
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM
I'd rather go after Rashean Mathis, who is a free agent from the Jags this year and a far better player when healthy.

Big IF. He's had one healthy year in the past 5.

fontaine
02-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Brandon Carr please.

tsiguy96
02-09-2012, 02:13 AM

yessir....

TonyR
02-09-2012, 06:02 AM
I'd like to hear Rev's take on this since he's a big CB guy. But unfortunately he's on "vacation"...

strafen
02-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Some people are saying Ross is too good to be let go, some people are saying he sucks. I thought he was a good cb maybe I was wrong, but why are there so many mixed opionions?He's serviceable at best, but has also been a solid contributor to the team.
Plays real well within their system.
I think he's had 4 int's this past season, and overall I don't think he's gotten a lot of INT's which may be one of the reasons people don't give him much attention...
I saw a few Giants game this season, and while I wasn't particularly looking at Ross' perfomance, nothing stood out in my eyes to say the guy sucks...

strafen
02-09-2012, 06:06 AM
I'd like to hear Rev's take on this since he's a big CB guy. But unfortunately he's on "vacation"...Hopefully he's doing something productive with his life worth of sharing

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2012, 07:25 AM

No thank you. He was considered a liability this season. What we don't need is more pass defense liabilities on this team.

Drek
02-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Big IF. He's had one healthy year in the past 5.

Sure, and he's bouncing back from an ACL that ended last season. But he'd likely sign here cheap as we have Del Rio and would let him play opposite Champ, allowing us to focus FA money on other needs (like Carl Nicks).

Add him as the veteran #2, have Harris in line as a good #3, and then draft CB EARLY. 1st or 2nd round.

I was originally big on getting any of Grimes/Carr/Porter but I have the feeling those guys are going to land outside the FO's comfort zone for a #2 CB. If we're bargain hunting then lets bet on a guy who has been elite before and where the only question is how many games we get out of him.

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I'd like to hear Rev's take on this since he's a big CB guy. But unfortunately he's on "vacation"...

Did he really get booted for the whole Errand Wife Avatar fiasco?

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:14 AM

It was never 100% clear but I'm assuming that's the case.

BroncoBen
02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Yea.. I am not to sure about this... I think at this point in Aaron Ross's career he is about the same as Goodman. I think the Broncos use their #1 pick and draft a cornerback.

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
This guy is terrible....Giants fans were cursing this guy all year until they finally found out how to hide him in their zone coverages...pass please

or find out what Roc Alexander's plans are next year

Pony Boy
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Raiders release CB Stanford Routt
Routt made 49 tackles and picked off four passes last season. In 110 games over seven seasons with the Raiders, the 6-foot-1 Routt intercepted 10 passes and broke up 51 passes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7559875/oakland-raiders-release-starting-cornerback-stanford-routt

Paladin
02-09-2012, 03:29 PM

ding! ding! ding! We have a winner......

/end thread

(This message was typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG's nipples.)

SonOfLe-loLang
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM

what happened?

ColoradoDarin
02-10-2012, 05:49 AM
what happened?

Rev made some smack about Errand's avatar, which I guess turned out to be his wife/latewife/something like that. So off to the ban with "family" smack or it was Blue looking for any reason at all to ban Rev for continually pointing out her Tebow bashing on the raider's forum.

I go with "both". Rev could have apologized quickly (instead of playing the "I didn't know and that's the end of that" route) and Blue didn't have to ban him for something he couldn't have known prior. I was expecting something epic, and was sorely disappointed.