PDA

View Full Version : Luke Del Rio to Valor Christian

Mogulseeker
02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I guess we can chalk up a fourth straight Colorado state championship for the Valor Christian Eagles

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/MaxWire-National-Blog/Ce_ZXNaL30yBaB8U0Q1dww/luke-del-rio-enrolls-at-valor-christian.htm

What are the chances this kid ends up a Buff?

broncos-rock
02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I hope more teams do what Littleton HS did and just forfeit.

Mogulseeker
02-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I hope more teams do what Littleton HS did and just forfeit.

For lack of players. Still Valor beat them 70-0 and 63-0 respectively in previous meetings.

I don't like it how the private schools dominate Colorado HS Sports like that though... they don't have to abide by the same recruiting laws.

Valor Christian HS is damn near an NCAA Division I team, and could probably even beat some College Div I teams.

DHallblows
02-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Whoooo 4A football ::)

Dutch
02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I guess we can chalk up a fourth straight Colorado state championship for the Valor Christian Eagles

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/MaxWire-National-Blog/Ce_ZXNaL30yBaB8U0Q1dww/luke-del-rio-enrolls-at-valor-christian.htm

Slim, from what I understand he is interrested in the University of Spoiled Children (USC) where his Dad attended.

Dutch
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
For lack of players. Still Valor beat them 70-0 and 63-0 respectively in previous meetings.

I don't like it how the private schools dominate Colorado HS Sports like that though... they don't have to abide by the same recruiting laws.

Valor Christian HS is damn near an NCAA Division I team, and could probably even beat some College Div I teams.

Not a fan of that practice, either. However, every state I've spent time in since leaving Colorado (No Virginia, Georgia, New England states, wife's home in Texas) has been that way for a long, long time.

Lev Vyvanse
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM

This is so silly.

Dutch
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
This is so silly.

Agreed. :notthissh

DHallblows
02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
This is so silly.

Thank you. We'll see what they can do next year with the real high schools

Mogulseeker
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I was just repeating Alfred Williams... or whoever it was that called their last game.

That... and, my 5a team in HS was decent for a year, and we lose handily to Valor.

Lev Vyvanse
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
I was just repeating Alfred Williams... or whoever it was that called their last game.

That... and, my 5a team in HS was decent for a year, and we lose handily to Valor.

That team sends maybe 4 players per year to D1 schools. Do the math.

DHallblows
02-07-2012, 08:07 PM
At least they'll take away recruits from Mullen. The cheaters can share their recruits while my alma mater wins more championships.

Broncos_OTM
02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
interesting. Aurprised he didnt go to creek

Bronco Boy
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM
So is his son lazy too?

bronco militia
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
At least they'll take away recruits from Mullen. The cheaters can share their recruits while my alma mater wins more championships.

I bet logan takes a few of them to Cherry Creek

DHallblows
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Logan is garbage. He can take his recruiting anywhere he wants. Doesn't make him a good high school coach.

strafen
02-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Logan is garbage. He can take his recruiting anywhere he wants. Doesn't make him a good high school coach.Are you serious? Sarcasm I'm missing?!
I'd like to believe that winning State Championships makes you a good coach;
Dave Logan has done that, and with a great deal success everywhere he's been.

bronco militia
02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Logan is garbage. He can take his recruiting anywhere he wants. Doesn't make him a good high school coach.

not sure if serious....

spdirty
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Wish he'd take his garbage coaching skills to Evergreen.

Chris
02-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Dave Logan commentator Dave Logan?

Dutch
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Dave Logan commentator Dave Logan?

Yep.

Kaylore
02-07-2012, 11:13 PM
If anyone's been to Valor, it's amazing. It's like going to Hogwarts.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
interesting. Aurprised he didnt go to creek

i think cherry creek is a public school so to go there he would need to live within that school zone. unlike with Valor or Mullen which are private schools and not subject to the rules of a public school and they can recruit players regardless of where they live and allow them to play for them.

tesnyde
02-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Not a fan of that practice, either. However, every state I've spent time in since leaving Colorado (No Virginia, Georgia, New England states, wife's home in Texas) has been that way for a long, long time.

That's not totally accurate. Texas has a separate league for private schools, however Southlake Carroll and Aledo might as well be private. Wealthy districts. Aledo has won 3 straight 4A state championships and SC won this years 5A after a few years removed from 3 straight and 7 or 8 total. PS keep an eye on Jonathon Grey from Aledo. He's headed to UT. He won the Gatorade national player of the year and broke the national scoring record. I bring him up because Aledo is public but rumor has it they gave Grey's dad a job as field manager. They have an artificial field. The facts are he does work at the district, they have 4 or five kids who transferred there from Crowley, an inner city district. Those kids stick out because nearly all of the Aledo kids are white but the transfers are African American. That's how they recruit outside the district.... rumor. Southlake gets all the Clownboys' kids, like Valor gets bronco kids.

cmhargrove
02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Maybe that means JDR will be around for more than a season?

bronco militia
02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe that means JDR will be around for more than a season?

probably not...his son will be a senior

bfoflcommish
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I bet logan takes a few of them to Cherry Creek

Logan cant "take" any with him unless they are only fresh/sophs. If he does they have to sit out a year. so that rules out any current juniors

Hercules Rockefeller
02-08-2012, 09:19 AM

Slim, from what I understand he is interrested in the University of Spoiled Children (USC) where his Dad attended.

I doubt it unless he wants to walk on. He's not going to be a top prospect and USC can't just hand out scholarships to legacies right now while still under their scholarship reductions.

I'm sure he'll go D1, but if his last name was Smith or Jones and he was transferring to Valor from a 3A Florida school coming off a 20/18 TD/Int ratio in his junior year and a 3-9 record, no one would care.

DHallblows
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Are you serious? Sarcasm I'm missing?!
I'd like to believe that winning State Championships makes you a good coach;
Dave Logan has done that, and with a great deal success everywhere he's been.

You mean his ability to coach great, recruited kids to championships and then leave/be fired when his talent pool runs dry? Yeah, good for him.

I suppose garbage is over the top. He's a good coach, but nothing more. It's not that hard to win championships when you recruit the best players in the state. He's the Phil Jackson of Colorado 5A football. Let everyone else think it's your coaching winning titles and not that you have the best talent.

Mogulseeker
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
You mean his ability to coach great, recruited kids to championships and then leave/be fired when his talent pool runs dry? Yeah, good for him.

I suppose garbage is over the top. He's a good coach, but nothing more. It's not that hard to win championships when you recruit the best players in the state. He's the Phil Jackson of Colorado 5A football. Let everyone else think it's your coaching winning titles and not that you have the best talent.

This.

Dutch
02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow. Sounds like a bunch of bitter biatches to me. What happened, his boys biatch slap your team? I'm 45, met Logan the first time when I was 10 and my older bro' was 18 at a camp Logan was involved with. Crossed paths with him a couple of times afterwards over the next 10-20 years....always seemed like a stand-up guy.

Mogulseeker
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow. Sounds like a bunch of bitter biatches to me. What happened, his boys biatch slap your team? I'm 45, met Logan the first time when I was 10 and my older bro' was 18 at a camp Logan was involved with. Crossed paths with him a couple of times afterwards over the next 10-20 years....always seemed like a stand-up guy.

I'm sure he is a nice guy. But I mean when you coach at a private school or if you bus players in, it's not exactly a fair playing field.

We lost to Logan something like 73-42 when I played his team in HS. I was at FS and I got beat up most of the night. Lendale White averaged like 9 ypc against us. I even had him wrapped up at the line one play and still managed to drive through for a gain of 7.

That's easy to do when you have Allen Webb and Lendale White, several other D-1 Players, and an another offensive tackle and WR/CB that went pro (name escapes me at the moment) on your roster.

When you can bring in that kind of talent relative to the rest of the league, it's hardly competitive.

DHallblows
02-08-2012, 10:06 PM

Naw. My Columbine wins plenty of championships without openly recruiting.

I'm sure he's a great guy. Doesn't mean he isn't overrated as a HS coach.

Peoples Champ
02-09-2012, 08:17 AM

Ya we fell victim to that, i hated it because I wasnt a star player. All of our star players left for Mullen or even public schools for bball and football. The ones I am friends with still today, I give them crap still about transferring and abandoning us.

Peoples Champ
02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Ya we fell victim to that, i hated it because I wasnt a star player. All of our star players left for Mullen or even public schools for bball and football. The ones I am friends with still today, I give them crap still about transferring and abandoning us.

My bad, I just noticed they were 4 A. We will see how they do in 5A and compete with Mullen/Creek/Chatfield/Columbine.

Winning in 4A is nothing, thunderridge had a ton of 4A championships but they were garbage.