PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Wes Welker

bronco militia
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b016300f32112970d-800wi

There are marketing stunts, and then there are attempts to alienate entire regions of the country. This one feels like the latter.

Online pawn shop Pawngo.com left 900 pounds of Butterfingers candy bars in Copley Square to mock Patriots receiver Wes Welker, who dropped a key pass late in Super Bowl XLVI.

The website also left a large placard reading, "Thank you Wes Welker" next to the pile of candy.

"We're giving Boston a late morning snack to get over Sunday's loss #butterfingers" a post read on the company's Twitter feed.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/pawngocom-leaves-900-pounds-of-butterfingers-in-copley-square-to-mock-wes-welker-photo.html

SonOfLe-loLang
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Tough crowd. That was not the easiest catch in the world

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
juck'em if they can't take a foke

Smiling Assassin27
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Brutal. Welker's always been a stand up guy and overachiever so I feel for the guy. Oh wait, that was just gas.

broncocalijohn
02-07-2012, 04:35 PM
we will take him. We expect more than one dropped pass per receiver a game.

Lycan
02-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Not as bad as what they left for Brady.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/55512_f120.jpg

BroncoBeavis
02-07-2012, 04:42 PM

Yeah, it's never the Brady's fault. Couldda been caught, but would've been an amazing adjustment.

Meanwhile, Broncs receivers drop the ball and people are wondering if Tebow sweat on the ball might've been a factor.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 04:42 PM

true but according to Collinsworth during the broadcast. "it's a catch he makes a hundred times out of a hundred"

seriously, that was 1 of the dumber breakdowns of a player/play that i have ever heard.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
we will take him. We expect more than one dropped pass per receiver a game.

i'd be all for bringing in a guy who reels in something like 110 balls a year.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
true but according to Collinsworth during the broadcast. "it's a catch he makes a hundred times out of a hundred"

seriously, that was 1 of the dumber breakdowns of a player/play that i have ever heard.

its a catch he's definitely made...but still a tough grab

Jetmeck
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's never the Brady's fault. Couldda been caught, but would've been an amazing adjustment.

Meanwhile, Broncs receivers drop the ball and people are wondering if Tebow sweat on the ball might've been a factor.

Its a double standard world we live in ?????

NFLBRONCO
02-07-2012, 05:06 PM

He would have made that catch against us.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
its a catch he's definitely made...but still a tough grab

agreed. but the way Collinsworth put it during the broadcast, he talked like that is a catch Welker always makes and that it was a shocker he dropped it. rather than speaking the truth that Brady overthrew and was a little off target with it.

WolfpackGuy
02-07-2012, 05:11 PM
That was a terrible throw considering Welker was pretty open, but it's one he usually comes up with.

Shananahan
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I remember thinking something like, "Must be a catch he drops once out of 101 times."

bowtown
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM

Truth.

OrangeSe7en
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
They'll always have Sky Bars.

loborugger
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
It's not like the Giants played a perfect game. Had the Pats capitalized at earlier points, played well in the first quarter, etc, etc, the catch by Welker woulda been irrelevant. The Pats lost as a team. Only A-hole fans who fail to capture the whole game would be behind this. Besides, even if Welker had single handedly cost them the game, what is the point in ridiculing one of your own. "Ya, we will call him 'Butterfingers.' That will show him and make him play better." Boston fan rears his ugly head time and time again. Most obnoxious fanbase in the USA.

extralife
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
turning on wes welker is preeeeeeeetttttttttyyyyyyyy dumb as ****

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 10:06 PM

against us, Brady would have hit a wide open Welker in stride and put 6 on the board.

strafen
02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Wes Walker is a class act.
The guy stood up in front of the cameras right after the SB and owned it;
can't really ask for anything more...

bronco militia
02-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy at Pawngo is a Giants fan....

maher_tyler
02-07-2012, 11:42 PM

Exactly!

lonestar
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
I hope we do not have to play Brady next year as him and the PATs are going to be pissed again..

Pitty the teams that do have to play them..gonna be ugly for them..

LongDongJohnson
02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
I hope we do not have to play Brady next year as him and the PATs are going to be pissed again..

If you knew anything about football you would know that we do play them.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM

right now, the Pats, Steelers and Ravens are the teams to beat in the AFC. If Denver wants to take the next step in becoming a force in the NFL they need to beat these teams. i don't care if the Pats are pissed, Denver should relish the fact they have a 1st place schedule and want to kick their asses. if our guys in orange and blue next season can't get amped up to take on the best, it will be a long season.

ol#7
02-08-2012, 02:15 AM
right now, the Pats, Steelers and Ravens are the teams to beat in the AFC. If Denver wants to take the next step in becoming a force in the NFL they need to beat these teams. i don't care if the Pats are pissed, Denver should relish the fact they have a 1st place schedule and want to kick their asses. if our guys in orange and blue next season can't get amped up to take on the best, it will be a long season.

All three of those teams are aging pretty noticeably. This would have been Houston's year if they would have had a QB left come playoff time. Denver has a chance to step up into the void if they bring in the right talent. The AFC is about to be as wide open as it has been in years.

broncocalijohn
02-08-2012, 02:30 AM
I will always dig Welker for these great comments just 13 months ago. Classic slam at the Jets and Rex Ryan.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2011/01/patriots_wes_welker_toes_the_l.html