PDA

View Full Version : Knowshons future with Denver?

OBF1
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Poor production, Injury problems, Now a DUI. What do you think is Knowshon's future with Denver???

tsiguy96
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
goner

Los Broncos
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
the Sauce can drive himself out of town.

Nwp-Apap
02-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Cut DJ and Prater too. They both had less than perfect starts to their careers and have 3 DUIs between them both.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Sauce Moreno can get f#%ked.

Karenin
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Cut DJ

Sounds good to me.

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Cut DJ and Prater too. They both had less than perfect starts to their careers and have 3 DUIs between them both.

The difference is DJ and Prater are starters and contribute, KM will have a hard time beating Lance Ball out for the 3rd RB spot.

brncs_fan
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
DUI doesn't change my opinion of him at all. Wanted him gone since about week 5.

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
DUI doesn't change my opinion of him at all. Wanted him gone since about week 5.

Exactly

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 11:53 PM
He's done. Lost his starting job to a back on the wrong side of 30, went down with a major injury after years of constantly being nicked up, and now he's got a DUI. I really don't see EFX having much interest in keeping the guy next season honestly. He was never their guy to begin with.

Archer81
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Sounds good to me.

Weeble wobble?

:Broncos:

Broncos4Life
02-07-2012, 12:43 AM
He's done. Lost his starting job to a back on the wrong side of 30, went down with a major injury after years of constantly being nicked up, and now he's got a DUI. I really don't see EFX having much interest in keeping the guy next season honestly. He was never their guy to begin with.

This.

Horrible RB. GTFO moron!

Like another poster was saying. He'll probably end up in NE as a change of pace back....

FEX will draft a bruiser.

Rother8
02-07-2012, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3FCsa.gif

He gone!

MagicHef
02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Isn't he really cheap next year? I could see him sticking around for that reason alone.

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Isn't he really cheap next year? I could see him sticking around for that reason alone.

Plus he could make a great Beer runner when the team gets low, that is what the 4th RB does anyway right?

Atwater His Ass
02-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Isn't he still super cheap next year? Keep him around as a 3rd down back and let him walk if he doesn't see drastic improvement. As long as he's not counted on to carry a significant load should be fine.

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Isn't he still super cheap next year? Keep him around as a 3rd down back and let him walk if he doesn't see drastic improvement. As long as he's not counted on to carry a significant load should be fine.

If the FO doesn't think he can beat out Lance Ball in TC, I would say so long sucker and get a couple RB's late in the draft or as UDFA's.

Blueflame
02-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Flawed poll: Lacking "Griese's Fault" and "TheDave" options... ;D

on edit: It seems unlikely to me that Moreno will be retained much longer as a Bronco... not necessarily because of the DUI, but more because McGahee looks like a better option; fair or not, Moreno is starting to be viewed as "injury-prone". A player in that position (essentially having to convince the coaches that maybe he "is" worthy of a roster slot) cannot afford to attract negative media attention.

FantomForce
02-07-2012, 05:46 AM
I've been sayin' this for far to long cut his a$$! http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3326327#post3326327

strafen
02-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Poor production, Injury problems, Now a DUI. What do you think is Knowshon's future with Denver???

You forgot who gives a **** option

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-07-2012, 06:08 AM
I think he'll be gone, but not until camp is over. Just a guess.

Not sure the team is good enough to get rid of someone who could (possibly, if it's a blue moon and he suddenly grows talent) contribute, and to let him go before they even have a look to see if he's worth keeping.

Broncomutt
02-07-2012, 06:09 AM

What he said ^

But I'll miss his TD dance when we're trailing by 40 points in our own house. :notthissh

cmhargrove
02-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Wow, cut our clutch kicker? Remember that Prater's leg helped propel the team's win streak this year. Don't underestimate his impact on this run, run, pass offense. If the Ravens had Prater, they might have won the Superbowl this year.

I say you don't cut Moreno. I hate the decision to just cut players before they have been replaced. 1) Draft/sign new talent and bring them to training camp. 2) Let the best man (often the uninjured one) win. Don't just cut a dude because of a DUI, cut him because he lost his spot to a better athlete.

Moreno isn't a power back, and Moreno isn't an every down back. He is, however, a hell of a receiving threat if we used him properly. Unfortunately, it seems that Jeremiah Johnson is just as good with his hands, so the point may be moot.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM

i am fine with trading DJ, but we can't let our MVP of last season go, Prater needs a new long term deal

WolfpackGuy
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm sure he's worth a couple first rounders to McClueless who is back to running the camera department in New England.

Powderaddict
02-07-2012, 07:29 AM
If his future with the team in in the balance, this kind of thing can tip the scales.

I'd say bring him into TC, if he's not that much better than others on the depth chart, cut him.

Driving Drunk is one thing I really have a hard time forgiving, but no one was hurt so he does deserve a second chance. He should have his license revoked for a long time IMO.

Soul-Bronco
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
with our luck we will trade him for a back up QB and he'll be come back player of the year for another team

Karenin
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Weeble wobble?

:Broncos:

Huh?

Take that dick out of your mouth for a second and try again.

Cool Breeze
02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't remember the last time Knowshon made a play.

If he can come back from his injury.
If he can keep his nose clean.
If he can contribute.
If he's cheap playing out the rookie contract.
Too many ifs...

What kind of answer is this?
"Keep him on the team, He has learned his lesson"

When?
When the cherries were in his rearview?
BS

bronco militia
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
future???? does he have a time macine?

Swedish Extrovert
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
As a first round pick I'd say it's no problem to keep him on one more year for the little cash he's due.

Heyneck
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Well...I still think Moreno can help us out as a 3rd down back. When he went down...our ability of running the screen went down.

Drunk Monkey
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Keep him until after the draft and free agency. If we can't move him to someone for at least a hammy sammich then cut him. At this point I would rather go JJ then Moreno so I can think of a real need for him.

Old Dude
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
That 2009 draft class just looks more sparkling every day.

ludo21
02-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Give him another year unless we can fnd someone else to replace his receiving ability

bendog
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
He tore an ACL. He's still gonna be rehabbing by training camp. Not that I ever liked the pick, and got more than one McJo****e bitching by saying so.

Crushaholic
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
He'll be fine, if the offensive line works on opening holes...

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 12:03 PM
He'll be fine, if the offensive line works on opening holes...

The same OL that was blocking for KM to start the year blocked for McGahee after KM went down and we know how well McGahee did this year.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have him come in to TC and see if he can win a 3rd or 4th RB roster spot but he wouldn't hurt to cut either. Can he play ST's? Maybe they should make him win his job back by playing ST's in TC.

cutthemdown
02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Eventually the reason a player didn't turn out like expected shows its face. Broncos need to upgrade all the players who will be within 10 yrds of tebow when he throws. That means better receiving RB and FB, better TE, some big targets that can be covered and still have a way to get the play made, and also some fast dudes who can hit the edge. If Broncos are going to run this much they really need power and speed and lots of it.

cutthemdown
02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
The same OL that was blocking for KM to start the year blocked for McGahee after KM went down and we know how well McGahee did this year.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have him come in to TC and see if he can win a 3rd or 4th RB roster spot but he wouldn't hurt to cut either. Can he play ST's? Maybe they should make him win his job back by playing ST's in TC.

Meh putting crappy players at 4th string not smart. You want those spots for young unproven, raw players with upside etc etc. Not some vet who never stayed healthy, never made plays, and gets DUI's.

MagicHef
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't remember the last time Knowshon made a play.

If he can come back from his injury.
If he can keep his nose clean.
If he can contribute.
If he's cheap playing out the rookie contract.
Too many ifs...

What kind of answer is this?
"Keep him on the team, He has learned his lesson"

When?
When the cherries were in his rearview?
BS

Wasn't it literally the last play he was in (the one he got injured on)?

kappys
02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
He'll stick around - he's still ours on the cheap, is better than Lance Ball and well - thats about it but still enough to stick around as a 3rd back.

oubronco
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
He'll stick around - he's still ours on the cheap, is better than Lance Ball and well - thats about it but still enough to stick around as a 3rd back.

Are you sure about that?

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 12:58 PM

I think Lance Ball has been consistent and doesn't go down as easily.

Keeping KM around hoping for 2 big plays a year is not worth it.

kappys
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Are you sure about that?

Yeah I'm sure about that - Lance Ball has zero vision, though I do give him credit for running hard. This is not to say that Knowshow is much better(just a little) - look at what happens when either of them have to run more than a few plays to rest Willis.

oubronco
02-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'm sure about that - Lance Ball has zero vision, though I do give him credit for running hard. This is not to say that Knowshow is much better(just a little) - look at what happens when either of them have to run more than a few plays to rest Willis.

At least Ball runs hard forward and doesn't do a bunch of dancing around losing yards

BMarsh615
02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Knowshon is a great asset to this team when he is healthy. He gives us something none of our other RB's have in the pass game. He is an excellent blocker, a pretty good receiver for a RB with solid hands and is pretty damn good on screens.

He isn't what I thought he was going to be when we drafted him but he definitely can have a valuable role on the Broncos.

peacepipe
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
there should be a "who cares,he was a bust anyway" option

bendog
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
imo the best case is if Knowshow being 7 mos off ACL reconstruction can get that 4 week or so pass to not be active or waived, they bring in a free agent (Hillis/C. Benson?) who is a Willis type runner and keep ball around long enough to keep another team from grabbing him in the last round of cuts.

razorwire77
02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
My guess is he'll be given an opportunity in camp to make the team as a third down back.

My prediction, is that he'll be cut in camp.

1a. Willis
1b. high draft pick/FA

2. FA/mid-level draft pick

3. Ball/Johnson

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 02:42 PM
My guess is he'll be given an opportunity in camp to make the team as a third down back.

My prediction, is that he'll be cut in camp.

1a. Willis
1b. high draft pick/FA

2. FA/mid-level draft pick

3. Ball/Johnson

I like this scenario as it gives KM the chance to hang on and if he can't make the team then no one can say he wasn't given a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get cut and mCd lobbies Belly to pick him up.

bendog
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I like this scenario as it gives KM the chance to hang on and if he can't make the team then no one can say he wasn't given a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did get cut and mCd lobbies Belly to pick him up.

Any interest in Green-Ellis as McGahee's caddy?

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Any interest in Green-Ellis as McGahee's caddy?

No thanks.

I would rather they find a UDFA than trade for him.

kappys
02-07-2012, 03:24 PM
At least Ball runs hard forward and doesn't do a bunch of dancing around losing yards

The end result is the same though - Knowshow hits the hole dances around and gets 2-3 yards. Lance Ball gets a full head of steam - misses the hold completely, runs right into the defense and falls forward for 2-3 yards.

Knowshow is a better blocker and receiver so that gives him the edge IMO

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
The end result is the same though - Knowshow hits the hole dances around and gets 2-3 yards. Lance Ball gets a full head of steam - misses the hold completely, runs right into the defense and falls forward for 2-3 yards.

Knowshow is a better blocker and receiver so that gives him the edge IMO

The nice thing about Ball and McGahee is they fall forward and usually pick up positive yardage, something KM could never do.

Ball does have better vision than you give him credit for, he just doesn't have a real NFL level burst but I have been quite pleased with his production.

KipCorrington25
02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I think Lance Ball has been consistent and doesn't go down as easily.

Keeping KM around hoping for 2 big plays a year is not worth it.

Doesn't go down as easily as who, McDaniels? Hilarious!

Wasn't impressed with Lance Ball, I think there are 50 guys on the waiver wire that can do what he did.

kappys
02-07-2012, 08:45 PM
The nice thing about Ball and McGahee is they fall forward and usually pick up positive yardage, something KM could never do.

Ball does have better vision than you give him credit for, he just doesn't have a real NFL level burst but I have been quite pleased with his production.

Disagree entirely. At least when Knowshown spelled Willis we had some semblance of a running threat. Games where it came down to Bell were uniformly disasters.

Old Dude
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
The end result is the same though - Knowshow hits the hole dances around and gets 2-3 yards. Then fumbles. Lance Ball gets a full head of steam - misses the hold completely, runs right into the defense and falls forward for 2-3 yards. Fumbles on the way down.

Fixed it for you.

Powderaddict
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM
John Fox tweeted:

"Sauced... Really?"

Does not look good for Moreno.

Broncomutt
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Hopefully his future involves one of these

Kaylore
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
John Fox tweeted:

"Sauced... Really?"

Does not look good for Moreno.

Is that really Coach Fox's feed?

Powderaddict
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Is that really Coach Fox's feed?

I'm not 100% sure, but if you look at the other tweets it doesn't seem like a fake feed.

It's rarely used, and whoever it is isn't trying to be funny. It seems legit to me anyways.

Its @CoachJohnFox if your interested.

razorwire77
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM

I agree with your assessment of Lance Ball. I was pretty negative on the kid at first, but he's a grinder, a hard worker and has demonstrated pretty decent vision. He runs hard, but you're right he just doesn't have the next level explosiveness or ability to be more than a 10 carry for 30 yards type guy. I think there is a roster spot for a kid like Ball, but Denver desperately needs a guy with vision and explosiveness in space that can catch an edge and break off 15, 20, 25 yard runs. You hammer them with McGahee and then you bring in the elusive speed back. I really think Ronnie Hillman fits that role perfectly.

broncosteven
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I agree with your assessment of Lance Ball. I was pretty negative on the kid at first, but he's a grinder, a hard worker and has demonstrated pretty decent vision. He runs hard, but you're right he just doesn't have the next level explosiveness or ability to be more than a 10 carry for 30 yards type guy. I think there is a roster spot for a kid like Ball, but Denver desperately needs a guy with vision and explosiveness in space that can catch an edge and break off 15, 20, 25 yard runs. You hammer them with McGahee and then you bring in the elusive speed back. I really think Ronnie Hillman fits that role perfectly.

Thanks for the rational football discussion REP!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Moreno has disgraced the number 27...we all know Orapko was the pure choice for us that year..McDummy couldnt understand that..he wanted "high character" players...Usually on draft day you see prospects sitting with family wearing nice suits...Moreno? they showed him in a seedy basement wearing a crooked hat size 50 jeans and slammin down dominos with suspicious characters..

that scene summed him up pretty good..

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2012, 09:58 PM
This bust was gone regardless. He might as well booze it up and drive his arse out of town.

BroncoBen
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM

I agree that Knowshon was never a EFX type of running back. I can see him being released and going on and being somewhat successful with another team that uses him better.

oubronco
02-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Wow Ben who is the girl?