PDA

View Full Version : Patriots partying and celebrating after losing SB

Gort
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
this one is weird.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/only-dance-heal-wounded-souls-matt-light-rob-212551396.html

oubronco
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/yoEJ2bouj_tMNeyKnPf67Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/Yo-Soy-Fiesta-Again.jpg

WolfpackGuy
02-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Where was Vince Young and his bottle of Patron?

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2012, 05:35 PM
there's nothing like a pansy dance after a tuff loss...

rbackfactory80
02-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I say this all the time but the people who care most about winning and losing are the fans. Last night the Patriots lost the game and cardiac arrest numbers doubled in Boston but Gronk and co were partying the night away.

I am not saying they shouldn't be doing this, just should give fans the perspective they need to maybe loosen their grips a little bit.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I say this all the time but the people who care most about winning and losing are the fans. Last night the Patriots lost the game and cardiac arrest numbers doubled in Boston but Gronk and co were partying the night away.

I am not saying they shouldn't be doing this, just should give fans the perspective they need to maybe loosen their grips a little bit.

Agreed on this.

I think its also easier to take losing if you know you did your best. Fans dont have that option.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
That's a fabulous way to come out of the closet.

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
yep, they are still getting paid...

gyldenlove
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
That's a fabulous way to come out of the closet.

I am just waiting for the inevitable shots of Brady Quinn giving head to some of the Patriots.

WolfpackGuy
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/FujiVice/PoliceAcademy4.jpg

Dedhed
02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
meh, i've lost some big games, and done the same thing. Well, not exactly (dancing around shirtless), but gone out and blown some steam at a bar.

You spend months working and bring totally focused on the task and when it's all over, win or lose, gettin loose can be cathartic.

Archer81
02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
meh, i've lost some big games, and done the same thing. Well, not exactly (dancing around shirtless), but gone out and blown some steam at a bar.

You spend months working and bring totally focused on the task and when it's all over, win or lose, gettin loose can be cathartic.

Photos suggest more than steam is going to be blown.

:Broncos:

MagicHef
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
So that's what Gronkowski was saving his ankle for.

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 06:49 PM

Are you Jim Kelly in real life?

Dedhed
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Photos suggest more than steam is going to be blown.

You're the expert.^5

Dedhed
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Are you Jim Kelly in real life?

Heh, no.

Archer81
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
You're the expert.^5

Hence the comment. Not surprised if both Matt Light and Rob Gronkowski woke up this morning with hazy memories and soreness in odd areas.

What happens in Indi stays in Indi...

MOCRUSH
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/FujiVice/PoliceAcademy4.jpg

Who knew there was a Blue Oyster franchise in Indy?:strong::strong::strong:

Dedhed
02-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Hence the comment. Not surprised if both Matt Light and Rob Gronkowski woke up this morning with hazy memories and soreness in odd areas.

What happens in Indi stays in Indi...

It's a good thing Danny Woodhead wasn't hanging out with Gronk.

Archer81
02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
It's a good thing Danny Woodhead wasn't hanging out with Gronk.

Or Welker. Poor little fellas.

rugbythug
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM

Steam or Steve?

Bigdawg26
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Just find it kinda weird that the only ppl with their shirts off are dudes. And where are the chicks??

Baba Booey
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM
More Gronk:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ni2JOQNAzig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronco Boy
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Well Gronk is clearly gay, but I don't see what's wrong with either that or letting off some steam after a long season.

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm beginning to see why Gronkowski and Brady are so close. Ha!

Gort
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Rodney Harrison calls Rob Gronkowski out for dancing after the Super Bowl

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rodney-harrison-calls-rob-gronkowski-dancing-super-bowl-225645166.html

Mogulseeker
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Translation:

I play TE. I just got paid 4 million to almost catch a football, and tonight I'm gonna drive my Bentley to my mansion and bathe in Dom P, while banging Bibi Jones on top of a pile of money. Life is good.

cutthemdown
02-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Some players take it harder then others. But for some of these guys they party whether they win or lose. Many of them IMO, probably never really leave the HS mentality. They are doing very much the same thing as college and HS. Getting special treatment because they kick ass at sports, partying, ****ing all the cheerleader and getting attention when they go places. If you stay home there is no one to remind you how great you are.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Some players take it harder then others. But for some of these guys they party whether they win or lose. Many of them IMO, probably never really leave the HS mentality. They are doing very much the same thing as college and HS. Getting special treatment because they kick ass at sports, partying, ****ing all the cheerleader and getting attention when they go places. If you stay home there is no one to remind you how great you are.

this

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
I play TE. I just got paid 4 million to almost catch a football, and tonight I'm gonna drive my Bentley to my mansion and bathe in Dom P, while banging Bibi Jones on top of a pile of money. Life is good.

Until you're 36, retired, blew all your money on cheap whores, booze, and become fat and penniless trying to keep up a ridiculous and unsustainable lifestyle.

Circle Orange
02-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Or Welker. Poor little fellas.

And all their manly rippleness. So loose, so free, so...OUT IN THE OPEN!

lonestar
02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
have not read the thread, but whats the beef?

they had one hell of a season worked hard had it not been for a high ankle sprain might have won it all..

After work just how many folks party on a friday/Saturday night from here?

I do not see the issue..

Archer81
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
have not read the thread, but whats the beef?

they had one hell of a season worked hard had it not been for a high ankle sprain might have won it all..

After work just how many folks party on a friday/Saturday night from here?

I do not see the issue..

I'm not sure how many of us would be at a party after a loss. Magnify that loss in a superbowl...and then it just seems ill timed.

Throw in the shirtlessness and chest bumping...and you have the 2011 AFC Champions...

lonestar
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure how many of us would be at a party after a loss. Magnify that loss in a superbowl...and then it just seems ill timed.

Throw in the shirtlessness and chest bumping...and you have the 2011 AFC Champions...

So after a really long season 7 plus months of probably little partying as a group a grueling schedule and losing to a better team overall.

Do you expect them to go to a wake?

Iirc our beloved broncos did much the same thing after a crushing loss partied so big that one wound up dying of a gun shot in the arms of another player.

So should all players be locked down after a EOS loss. Or be allowed to blow off steam. So they can go back to work in a Few months as per the new CBA..

Or should they not do anything till OTAs start.

What is the BFD?

lonestar
02-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Let me add I brought the killing because I do it remember any or much moral outrage when our guys were partying.

Archer81
02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
So after a really long season 7 plus months of probably little partying as a group a grueling schedule and losing to a better team overall.

Do you expect them to go to a wake?

Iirc our beloved broncos did much the same thing after a crushing loss partied so big that one wound up dying of a gun shot in the arms of another player.

So should all players be locked down after a EOS loss. Or be allowed to blow off steam. So they can go back to work in a Few months as per the new CBA..

Or should they not do anything till OTAs start.

What is the BFD?

There is no big ****ing deal. Just young guys being young and fairly dumb. Everyone copes with disappointment in different ways. If I spent 7 months with these guys, physically beat up and mentally exhausted, the last place I would want to be is at a party sponsored by red bull. Come to think of it, I would pull a TD and be in bed after a SB win. But that's how I would deal with it. Parties will always be there, especially when young and flush with cash.

And pointing out the worst event in Broncos-related history as a point to bolster your argument is counter-intuitive. Someone died and the players with him went mental. It was new years eve, but if they stay home or partied at home, things could have been different. You could argue that a player who is worn out physically and mentally, drinking, partying with strangers and without a fully developed frontal lobe are going to make poor decisions, leading to tragedy/disaster.

That's my opinion, anyway.

lonestar
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
There is no big ****ing deal. Just young guys being young and fairly dumb. Everyone copes with disappointment in different ways. If I spent 7 months with these guys, physically beat up and mentally exhausted, the last place I would want to be is at a party sponsored by red bull. Come to think of it, I would pull a TD and be in bed after a SB win. But that's how I would deal with it. Parties will always be there, especially when young and flush with cash.

And pointing out the worst event in Broncos-related history as a point to bolster your argument is counter-intuitive. Someone died and the players with him went mental. It was new years eve, but if they stay home or partied at home, things could have been different. You could argue that a player who is worn out physically and mentally, drinking, partying with strangers and without a fully developed frontal lobe are going to make poor decisions, leading to tragedy/disaster.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Pretty good post.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
if only they would of kept those videos private the people who took them could of blackmailed gronk and co lol

Beantown Bronco
02-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Let me add I brought the killing because I do it remember any or much moral outrage when our guys were partying.

I do. Quite a few people here were LIVID that they were out partying just hours after that debacle.

lonestar
02-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I do. Quite a few people here were LIVID that they were out partying just hours after that debacle.

Must have missed those few posts. But then I was not on this site much during that time..

I also suspect that MOST folks (normal fans) understood the need to let off steam.. IN this case..

Blueflame
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Must have missed those few posts. But then I was not on this site much during that time..

I also suspect that MOST folks (normal fans) understood the need to let off steam.. IN this case..

The sense of moral outrage over players being out partying after a season-ending loss was very much overshadowed by the sorrow over the senseless loss of Darrent... :'(

DENVERDUI55
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I can't believe those guys are dancing around with a bunch of dudes unless they are gay. They would have there pick of 100 plus 10's if they only had somewhat of any game.

TomServo
02-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Blowing off steam, breaking stuff, getting arrested for disorderly conduct after a tough loss i can understand. but Dancing? Dancing shirtless? Bouncing on that sore ankle?

rmsanger
02-11-2012, 07:35 AM
the dude was nailing Bibi Jones so he get's an instant drunk man while shirtless pass..

Circle Orange
02-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I can't believe those guys are dancing around with a bunch of dudes unless they are gay. They would have there pick of 100 plus 10's if they only had somewhat of any game.

Not after looking at Gronk's mug up close. Maybe he could wear a bag in a dark room. Might work...just sayin'.