PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Harrsion/Clark call out Pats

Smilin Assassin
02-06-2012, 07:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42015/harrison-insults-patriots-after-super-bowl

INDIANAPOLIS -- James Harrison has been called the dirtiest player in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker added another title Sunday night: rudest player in the league.

As soon as the New England Patriots fell short in a 21-17 loss in the Super Bowl, Harrison posted on Twitter: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"

Not sure if you could tell by the amount of exclamation points, but Harrison is extremely happy by the Patriots' misery. Of course, he's bringing up "Spygate," the 2007 incident where the Patriots were caught videotaping the New York Jets defensive coaches' signals.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on with this on Twitter: "0-2 [in Super Bowls] post spy gate! Just saying!!"

oubronco
02-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Truth hurts

CEH
02-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I love it

bronco militia
02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
super bowl 45! scoreboard!

errrrrrrrrrrrr

derp

WolfpackGuy
02-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Well, he's not lying.

They really haven't won anything since the scandal OR since they started letting Brady fling it all over the field.

Peoples Champ
02-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Well, he's not lying.

They really haven't won anything since the scandal OR since they started letting Brady fling it all over the field.

Its hard for bellicheck to gameplan for superbowl without filming the other team's practices the week before the game.

DenverBroncosJM
02-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Pats defense is just too old and the other half is that bad.

Their defensive strategy is for the offense to jump out to a big lead and then just bring a can of whoop ass with blitzing etc. when that doesnt happen they have major issues.

Watching the giants defense wasnt all world the first 2-3 quarters was strong enough and stout enough to give the giants a chance. Damn I wish we had that kind of run stopping/pass rushing defense. I want a great Tackle and MLB in this draft and we can be on our way!

Gort
02-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Its hard for bellicheck to gameplan for superbowl without filming the other team's practices the week before the game.

which raises the question, were the Patsies simply so much better than the Broncos that their linemen would be in the Broncos backfield mere milliseconds after the ball was snapped, or did Joshie know something that made him very valuable during that week before the divisional round?

bronco militia
02-06-2012, 08:25 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx4fw66S0F1r3s5n0o1_500.jpg

Bronco Rob
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Amani Toomer said last week that if the Pats don't win you have to mark their 3 wins with an asterisks because of the cheating. Do you agree with him? Belichick hasn't won a title since he was busted for cheating.

strafen
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/42015/harrison-insults-patriots-after-super-bowl

INDIANAPOLIS -- James Harrison has been called the dirtiest player in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker added another title Sunday night: rudest player in the league.

As soon as the New England Patriots fell short in a 21-17 loss in the Super Bowl, Harrison posted on Twitter: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"
Not sure if you could tell by the amount of exclamation points, but Harrison is extremely happy by the Patriots' misery. Of course, he's bringing up "Spygate," the 2007 incident where the Patriots were caught videotaping the New York Jets defensive coaches' signals.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on with this on Twitter: "0-2 [in Super Bowls] post spy gate! Just saying!!" Sometimes you've gotta say it like it is.
I'm glad it's been brought up in plain view once again, not that people didn't already know, but enough of this Bellichick mastermind and Brady the greatest talks.

strafen
02-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Another McDaniels little known effect! lol!

LRtagger
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Pats defense is just too old and the other half is that bad.

Their defensive strategy is for the offense to jump out to a big lead and then just bring a can of whoop ass with blitzing etc. when that doesnt happen they have major issues.

Watching the giants defense wasnt all world the first 2-3 quarters was strong enough and stout enough to give the giants a chance. Damn I wish we had that kind of run stopping/pass rushing defense. I want a great Tackle and MLB in this draft and we can be on our way!

The reason the Giants match up so well against the Pats is because the middle of their defense is so strong. Their corners suck, but their DL, LBs, and Safeties are pretty good. The Pats strength on offense is throwing it down the middle of the field. They have no outside passing game.

The reason we match up so poorly with them is because the middle of our defense is the weakest part of our roster.

But the addition of Lloyd next year will give the Pats a legitimate outside threat and I would imagine they will draft a nice receiver this year also.

Kaylore
02-06-2012, 09:13 AM
New England fans really don't get that the entire country thinks they are a bunch of dirty cheaters. That will haunt them for quite awhile.

ColoradoDarin
02-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Irony: A cheater calling out another cheater.

Dear James, learn how to play correctly like every other player in the league has figured out.

Bronco Rob
02-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Truth hurts

:thumbs:

TonyR
02-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is no small feat and more than most teams can say.

ozomulsion
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
The reason the Giants match up so well against the Pats is because the middle of their defense is so strong. Their corners suck, but their DL, LBs, and Safeties are pretty good. The Pats strength on offense is throwing it down the middle of the field. They have no outside passing game.

The reason we match up so poorly with them is because the middle of our defense is the weakest part of our roster.

But the addition of Lloyd next year will give the Pats a legitimate outside threat and I would imagine they will draft a nice receiver this year also.

What? The Giants LBs are ok. Their corners don't suck at all. Green Bay had an off game, plus some drops, but you do not beat the Packers with sucky corners. Most teams would love to have a set of corners like Ross, Webster, and Amukamara.

Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is not small feat and more than most teams can say.

Exactly. Aside from all the winning it took to get to 2 more Super Bowls. Cheaters never win. Not to mention, it took a helmet catch, a dropped INT, the Pats most dangerous weapon (Gronk) being injured, and a drop by one of the best WRs in the NFL for the Giants to pull off those two wins.

But besides that. Cheaters never win

I'd respond to James Harrison with "Rapists never win" But I'm sure he expects to win another ring with Big Ben at QB.

WABronco
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx4fw66S0F1r3s5n0o1_500.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA OH WOW thats good

Lestat
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
he makes a valid point but then again he's the ric flair of the NFL.

Jay3
02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
The Pats reap what they have sown. Caught cheating, and you raise a specter of doubt over everything you've ever achieved and everything you ever will achieve. Especially while Bellichick is still there.

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Another McDaniels little known effect! lol!

I wonder if Belly regrets hiring mCd before the SB!

gunns
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Exactly. Aside from all the winning it took to get to 2 more Super Bowls. Cheaters never win. Not to mention, it took a helmet catch, a dropped INT, the Pats most dangerous weapon (Gronk) being injured, and a drop by one of the best WRs in the NFL for the Giants to pull off those two wins.

Well this year it didn't take much winning. The AFC was weak overall and even though a team can only play the schedule they are given, playing only 3 playoff teams overall during the season, and losing two of them doesn't lend to having to scratch out wins, although the Pats did at times. And getting very, very lucky in the playoffs by getting to play us and winning on the leg of a kicker I could not believe anyone was picking the Pats this past week. IMO the Giants won both of those SB's with their better players, it wasn't the multitude of excuses you have given the Pats.

As far as what Harrison said, he's definitely not in the minority. The most watched SB of all time and I can guarantee you the majority of those watching wasn't to root for "your team". It was rooting against one team. And if it's rude, the Pats have earned it. Whether it's true or not that "spygate" had any influence on any of their past SB wins, they earned the scrutiny by the majority. So cry me a river Pats and their fans, the jokes now on you as you may have ruined what could have been a glorious dynasty.

ayjackson
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is no small feat and more than most teams can say.

OMG. They must still be cheating!!

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 09:01 PM

But besides that. Cheaters never win

I'd respond to James Harrison with "Rapists never win" But I'm sure he expects to win another ring with Big Ben at QB.

I would put some of those "Drops" on Brady, he was off on both the Welker and Branch Drops.

Throw in the Tuck rule, Spygate, a missed FG by the Colts and a Missed FG by the Ravens (plus the Ravens TD that was knocked away) and I think the Patsy's have been lucky to be in more than 1 SB in the Brady era.

Bronco Yoda
02-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Think of all the luck the Pats have had the last decade on top of all the cheating.

Enough anti-mojo to be cursed for the next 100 years I'd say.

McDman
02-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Agree.

McDman
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I would put some of those "Drops" on Brady, he was off on both the Welker and Branch Drops.

Throw in the Tuck rule, Spygate, a missed FG by the Colts and a Missed FG by the Ravens (plus the Ravens TD that was knocked away) and I think the Patsy's have been lucky to be in more than 1 SB in the Brady era.

I've heard multiple analysts go over the Welker throw, it was where it needed to be. Back shoulder away from the inside safety. He had both hands on it and dropped it.

TonyR
02-07-2012, 05:41 AM
I've heard multiple analysts go over the Welker throw, it was where it needed to be. Back shoulder away from the inside safety. He had both hands on it and dropped it.

Bill Simmons had a good write up on it. Really good column, I recommend reading the whole thing.

Two things to remember about that "drop." First, it wouldn't have clinched the game. Eli would have gotten the ball back unless the Patriots finished the drive and scored. Second, it was a ****ty pass. That play happened right in front of me I was sitting on that side of the field, dead-even with the 13-yard line, 16 rows up. My favorite part about attending football games: Seeing the receivers line up, then guessing the play call the same way you would while playing Madden. Sometimes, you can tell exactly what's about to happen and that play was one of those times. They caught the Giants in the wrong defense; they had the ball on the right hash mark and Welker on the left side, with a ton of field to work with, so once he beat his guy off the line of scrimmage, you knew exactly where he was going. Brady knew it, too only he put a little too much air on the ball.

Had Welker hauled that football in, the catch itself would have been on the level of Manningham's tremendous catch that kick-started the winning Giants drive. Does Welker usually make that play? Yes. Does Brady usually make that throw? Yes. They both blew it.http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis

McDman
02-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Bill Simmons had a good write up on it. Really good column, I recommend reading the whole thing.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis

I will take Herm Edwards opinion on where a pass should be any day over anyone from Grantland.

TonyR
02-07-2012, 06:01 AM
I will take Herm Edwards opinion on where a pass should be any day over anyone from Grantland.

I hear ya, but if you watch that replay Welker really had to twist to try to make that catch. A slightly better throw and it's an easy catch. And like Simmons said, Brady usually makes that throw and Welker usually makes that catch. The both messed up and they're both to blame. Brady should have thrown it better, Welker should have caught it regardless.

LRtagger
02-07-2012, 06:14 AM
What? The Giants LBs are ok. Their corners don't suck at all. Green Bay had an off game, plus some drops, but you do not beat the Packers with sucky corners. Most teams would love to have a set of corners like Ross, Webster, and Amukamara.

They had 8 drops, 3 fumbles and the Rogers played like ass. That's how they beat them. That and Eli was incredible. The Giants have an amazing front 7 which makes their below average corners look decent. They rush 4 or 5 and play zone almost all of the time.

They were in the bottom of the league in pass yards per game allowed, but at the top of the league in sacks. Their secondary sucks. Imagine how bad they would be without their amazing front 7. Statistically they are almost identical to the Vikings who have arguably the worst secondary in the league.

ozomulsion
02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
They had 8 drops, 3 fumbles and the Rogers played like ass. That's how they beat them. That and Eli was incredible. The Giants have an amazing front 7 which makes their below average corners look decent. They rush 4 or 5 and play zone almost all of the time.

They were in the bottom of the league in pass yards per game allowed, but at the top of the league in sacks. Their secondary sucks. Imagine how bad they would be without their amazing front 7. Statistically they are almost identical to the Vikings who have arguably the worst secondary in the league.

I disagree. Over the years I've watched the giants play enough to where It's obvious to me that Ross(when healthy) is a pretty decent corner. Webster is pretty good, not great, to say otherwise I just disagree.

Finally Prince Amukamara looks pretty promising after observing him the past games after an injury riddled early season. LB Mathias Kiwanuka has been a major liability until this year. He's a better DE. Chace Blackburn? What had he done before "out jumping" an injured Gronk? I cant remember the othe LB, but anyway it JMO.

Bigdawg26
02-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Yeah well the Bills lost the super bowl a couple of times in a row, and nobody talks about the Jim Kelly dynasty.