PDA

View Full Version : OT: Avengers Trailer

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 06:27 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53312

Can't wait for this!

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Seconded. It was especially nice to see a different trailer for this one. Probably my favorite SB commercial after the two with Adrianna Lima.

Lycan
02-06-2012, 06:51 AM
This looks awesome.

Also waiting impatiently for John Carter of Mars.

Heyneck
02-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Awesome!!!

But the Doritos commercials were gold!!!

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I still really wish they had conveniently forgotten to include Hawkeye. Dude's superpower is that he's really good at shooting a bow? Seriously?

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I still really wish they had conveniently forgotten to include Hawkeye. Dude's superpower is that he's really good at shooting a bow? Seriously?

What's Black Widow's super power?
And really, same with Tony Stark.

Garcia Bronco
02-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Looks as gay as all the moves used to make it.

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 08:00 AM

And if anyone knows what gay looks like, it's you. :)

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Same with Batman (yes, DC comics I know)......

What are the other superheroes with out any real super "power"?

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM

And Garcia drop another turd in a punchbowl.

Spider
02-06-2012, 08:02 AM
I didnt read comic books , so I have no Idea what this is about .....

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I didnt read comic books , so I have no Idea what this is about .....

Me neither. I only read Archie and Jughead.

:giggle:

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Isn't it obvious? Her superpower is that she's really ****ing hot. And Tony Stark may not technically have a superpower, but being able to design a suit like that, he might as well.

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Batman is 1000 times better than Hawkeye. He's a freaking investigative genius who has a gajillion badass gadgets. Hawkeye is a dude with a bow and some special arrows.

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Batman is 1000 times better than Hawkeye. He's a freaking investigative genius who has a gajillion badass gadgets. Hawkeye is a dude with a bow and some special arrows.

OK...now I feel like a dork even having this discussion.

I just started this thread because I find these superhero movies very entertaining.....and I'm pumped to see this next one.

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 08:22 AM
OK...now I feel like a dork even having this discussion.

I just started this thread because I find these superhero movies very entertaining.....and I'm pumped to see this next one.

I was a huge comic book fan from the age of 12 to 15, and the stuff has stuck with me. What can I say?

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 08:23 AM
I was a huge comic book fan from the age of 12 to 15, and the stuff has stuck with me. What can I say?

Hey, I never read those old comics......but I love the story lines. And Robert Downy, Jr. acts a wicked Tony Stark. I loved the Ironman movie.

I thought Thor would suck.....but that was even pretty good.

RunSilentRunDeep
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM

Black Widow's super power is she can melt a wiener in 12 seconds or less and knock the paint off the walls.

Heyneck
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM

Hey....Batman is the BOSS! Yes he is from DC...but still...he kicked superman's ass!!!

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey, I never read those old comics......but I love the story lines. And Robert Downy, Jr. acts a wicked Tony Stark. I loved the Ironman movie.

I thought Thor would suck.....but that was even pretty good.

Thor was my favorite of all these 'Avenger' movies honestly.

BroncoBen
02-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Isn't it obvious? Her superpower is that she's really ****ing hot. And Tony Stark may not technically have a superpower, but being able to design a suit like that, he might as well.

LOL... no kidding. Bring in the Black Widow to get the bad guys attention or devert them.

55CrushEm
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
LOL... no kidding. Bring in the Black Widow to get the bad guys attention or devert them.

Can someone give BroncoBen an award for best ****ing avatars?

HILife
02-06-2012, 02:53 PM
ON IT!!!

Chris
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Can someone give BroncoBen an award for best ****ing avatars?

I ask him where he find the treasure. He no respond me.

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I was a huge comic book fan from the age of 12 to 45, and the stuff has stuck with me. What can I say?

fyp :P

Lycan
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
One thing I am not looking forward to is Ed Norton being replaced as The Hulk.

That blows.

BroncoMan4ever
02-06-2012, 03:33 PM

i wish they would have recast Black Widow. i enjoy looking at Scarlet's jugs in spandex, but as an actress she is nothing special and she is playing a russian and is completely incapable of pulling off the russian accent.

BroncoMan4ever
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey....Batman is the BOSS! Yes he is from DC...but still...he kicked superman's ass!!!

i hate it when people say Batman can kick Superman's ass.

it is completely bull****. Superman could literally tear off Batman's head, fly around the world a few times just for the hell of it, change back into the Clark Kent disguise and be back before Batman's headless corpse hit the ground.

KCStud
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Looks amazing, but I'm extremely disappointed that Edward Norton isn't in this movie. He did a great job playing Bruce Banner.

Traveler
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
No Ant Man & Black Panther?

Archer81
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM

You could legitimately argue that Batman's "superpowers" are his intelligence and will.

Plus have billions to make all those wonderful toys counts for something.

:Broncos:

Jay3
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
This is going to be awesome. I love the "We've got a Hulk" line.

Hawkeye is a fine addition, because you need one guy who shoots long range cool stuff in order to get a little technology in it.

ScarJo, while hot, is not really lithe enough to be the acrobatic Black Widow. She's more in the chunkette kind of hot.

Heyneck
02-06-2012, 07:41 PM
i hate it when people say Batman can kick Superman's ass.

it is completely bull****. Superman could literally tear off Batman's head, fly around the world a few times just for the hell of it, change back into the Clark Kent disguise and be back before Batman's headless corpse hit the ground.

ohh..yeah...my money would be on superman too...but go read Frank Millers comic: The Dark Knight Returns.

oh...and that's a 55 year old Bruce Wayne that kicks superman's ass. Yes he had Kriptonite, and a little help from green arrow (he doesn't fight)...but still. He kicked superman's ass. He could have killed him but he decides to fake his death with a heart attack.

The story is not cannon...but still. Miller portrays Batman in a way none ever could. People argue it's among the best, if not the best comic of all time.

Heyneck
02-06-2012, 07:43 PM
You could legitimately argue that Batman's "superpowers" are his intelligence and will.

Agree...Batman is the best detective in the world. But his mental toughness is awesome too. He is the true selfless superhero.

Agamemnon
02-06-2012, 11:38 PM
She's more in the chunkette kind of hot.

Chunkette? I seriously doubt she weighs much more than 120 lbs. I guess I can see your point if you are saying she doesn't seem that athletic, but chunkette? WTF?

Archer81
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Chunkette? I seriously doubt she weighs much more than 120 lbs. I guess I can see your point if you are saying she doesn't seem that athletic, but chunkette? WTF?

I'm sure some would think today that Marilyn Monroe was a heiffer. Curves on women are not the devil.

And ScarJo is fine as the Black Widow.

v2micca
02-07-2012, 05:08 AM

Actually, during the Extremis storyline, Tony was infected with a designer virus that he had built to re-write his genetic code, giving him several powers. For a time he was able to mentally control all Electronics within a 3 mile radius (power was conveniently forgotten by most writers every time he got into a scrap with other super-powered heroes)

55CrushEm
02-07-2012, 05:09 AM
ohh..yeah...my money would be on superman too...but go read Frank Millers comic: The Dark Knight Returns.

oh...and that's a 55 year old Bruce Wayne that kicks superman's ass. Yes he had Kriptonite, and a little help from green arrow (he doesn't fight)...but still. He kicked superman's ass. He could have killed him but he decides to fake his death with a heart attack.

The story is not cannon...but still. Miller portrays Batman in a way none ever could. People argue it's among the best, if not the best comic of all time.

WTF, dude? Why would 2 superheroes fight each other?

Can't they all just get along? :sunshine:

Jay3
02-07-2012, 05:12 AM

She's not fat, she's just compact and sort of voluptious. Short. Hippy and busty. Black Widow should be more like a gymnast or a spider, real lithe and slim, athletic looking.

I look at her and just don't see her running around as Black Widow.

v2micca
02-07-2012, 05:12 AM

Heh, Anytime I think of Miller writing Batman anymore, I just want to yell "What are you a retard or something. I'm the Goddamned Batman."

v2micca
02-07-2012, 05:17 AM

I tend to think that Batman's superpower is the ability to take multiple heavy blows to the back of the head and still speak without drooling uncontrollably in his mid-thirties.

ol#7
02-07-2012, 05:21 AM
This is going to be awesome. I love the "We've got a Hulk" line.

Hawkeye is a fine addition, because you need one guy who shoots long range cool stuff in order to get a little technology in it.

ScarJo, while hot, is not really lithe enough to be the acrobatic Black Widow. She's more in the chunkette kind of hot.

Since you brought it up, Hawkeye is still just a rip off of a better character Green Arrow (who is just a rip off of robin hood) but hawkeye dresses in purple which makes him really lame.

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 05:27 AM

Ummmm, Iron Man says "hi".

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 05:28 AM
She's not fat, she's just compact and sort of voluptious. Short. Hippy and busty. Black Widow should be more like a gymnast or a spider, real lithe and slim, athletic looking.

I look at her and just don't see her running around as Black Widow.

Mila Kunis please.

v2micca
02-07-2012, 06:07 AM

That blows.

Recasting always sucks. I love Ed Norton. He made one of my favorite movies of all time. But he completely phoned it in during The Incredible Hulk. And as much as I've enjoyed Norton's work, there was no way they were going to get him to play nice with RDJ in an ensemble film. If I had to lose one, I would far rather lose Norton than RDJ.

Kaylore
02-07-2012, 08:07 AM

That blows.

I agree. But he probably was too expensive and pretty busy with other projects.

55CrushEm
02-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Mila Kunis please.

Meh......I'd take Kate Beckinsale.

I love her.

A lot.

jonny1
02-07-2012, 10:09 AM

I love her.

A lot.

Plus we know she can pull off the black leather/spandex look (thank you, Underworld).

55CrushEm
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Plus we know she can pull off the black leather/spandex look (thank you, Underworld).

Hell yeah, she can.

She is so ****ing attractive. Beautiful features. And a classy look.

One of my top 10.

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mila would have an easier time pulling off the Russian accent. :)

Heyneck
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM

I love her.

A lot.

Agree!! Beckinsale FTW!!!

What natural redhead to play role?

Jay3
02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Ummmm, Iron Man says "hi".

He needs to be flying around and in the fray though. He's an A-lister.

Hawkeye can just shoot cool stuff from afar.

He's not necessary with all those super-powered beings. But cinematically he can make a contribution.

Heck, I think Thor could probably wipe the floor with whatever they're facing.

Lycan
02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I think I read somewhere they are going to focus on Captain America as the "main" main character.

I'm not sure I like that idea, his movie was easily my least favorite.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM

i love The Dark Knight Returns, one of my favorite comics ever, but Miller has always been a guy to take a lot of liberties with characters. he churns out great stories, but they also have the tendency to go against the grain of what is cannon.

but i mean realistically, if there really were a Superman and a Batman and they fought, that fight would be over in less than a second.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I think I read somewhere they are going to focus on Captain America as the "main" main character.

I'm not sure I like that idea, his movie was easily my least favorite.

Cap is the leader of the Avengers, so it makes sense to film it from his point of view.

Lycan
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Cap is the leader of the Avengers, so it makes sense to film it from his point of view.

True enough, I just hope they don't focus in on him too much. Lots of interesting characters to show off for one movie.

I am a fan of Joss Whedon's other work so I think it will turn out well.

Old Dude
02-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Glad to see that Hawkeye made the cut. Those of you complaining about it are all a bunch of commies.

Heyneck
02-07-2012, 04:32 PM
i love The Dark Knight Returns, one of my favorite comics ever, but Miller has always been a guy to take a lot of liberties with characters. he churns out great stories, but they also have the tendency to go against the grain of what is cannon.

but i mean realistically, if there really were a Superman and a Batman and they fought, that fight would be over in less than a second.

Get ya man! That's why I said my money is on superman. I was just stating that it had happened in the comic world.

Like, could you imagine a superman that was working for the government, ordered to kill batman, and go on and do it? I would never imagine that, but it's what makes Miller portrayals awesome.

There is not doubt superman > almost anybody else (though you could make a case of the hulk taking it and dishing it), but for me there is no more boring superhero than superman.

Batman is just badass!

Heyneck
02-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Glad to see that Hawkeye made the cut. Those of you complaining about it are all a bunch of commies.

Agree, Hawkeye is a pretty cool caracter that later on takes the mantle of capt (in leading the avengers), many do, but it would have been awesome if the Black Panther was in it.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
True enough, I just hope they don't focus in on him too much. Lots of interesting characters to show off for one movie.

I am a fan of Joss Whedon's other work so I think it will turn out well.

i'm just hoping the focus doesn't fall on Black Widow a lot in the movie. Whedon is pretty notorious for loving the female ass kicker and it would truly suck if he focused his attention on Widow instead of the 4 who really matter. especially since Scarlet sucks as the character.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Agree, Hawkeye is a pretty cool caracter that later on takes the mantle of capt (in leading the avengers), many do, but it would have been awesome if the Black Panther was in it.

i'd bet on an after credits scene setting up either Black Panther, Namor, or Giant Man and Wasp for their own movie or an Avengers sequel.

supposedly a Black Panther movie is supposed to come out in 2014 or 2015