PDA

View Full Version : What an awesome Super Bowl!

Armchair Bronco
02-06-2012, 12:48 AM
What an awesome Super Bowl. I just re-watched the 4th quarter.

Was cheering for Giants all day, and almost lost hope when the Pats were driving late in the 4th. My Giants friend kept the faith and stayed optimistic. He texted:

"Dude, 2 point game late in the 4th. No worries!"

The only game more exciting than this one (and I'm speaking as a Broncos fan) was Super Bowl 32. Both were great games that came down to the final play. And both involved a team letting the other team score a TD so they could get the ball back.

Watching Brady and BigCheat lose was very satisfying.

RandyMoss84
02-06-2012, 01:02 AM
The 2007 Superbowl between the Giants-Patriots was better but the greatest Superbowl I ever watched was the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl in my opinion

Doggcow
02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
The 2007 Superbowl between the Giants-Patriots was better but the greatest Superbowl I ever watched was the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl in my opinion

Who the **** are you?

BowlenBall
02-06-2012, 02:24 AM

Um... what?

The Joker
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
The finish was one for the ages and made it a classic, honestly it was pretty tame stuff for most of the game though.

Armchair Bronco
02-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Maybe I over-stated things, but this game is definitely worth watching again. Same with the first Patriots-Giants matchup. And, of course, SB 32. The Pittsburgh-Arizona game was also classic, but I hate RuthlessRaper so that game's hard to watch.

Nuttin's worse than a SB blowout (as all Broncos fan know), and this game was close from start to finish. And the halftime show w/ Madonna was fantastic. Overall, I give this event a solid and honest "A".

That One Guy
02-06-2012, 05:01 AM
This was the first SB for me since the Ravens' win that I half-assedly paid attention to. The matchup just didn't intrigue me.

This game didn't have the dominant showdown like the Pats-Giants first game had. Brady that day was on his game but the DL did their jobs like something you'd see in an overmatched college game. That was fun to watch. Realistically, this game came down to like 4 or 5 dropped balls on the last two NE drives. They weren't great plays by the Giants D, they were fairly open receivers that just dropped balls.

I was not disappointed that I only halfway watched.

jmz313
02-06-2012, 05:21 AM

Pats-Panthers was a ridiculous 4th Quarter. Pissed the Pats pulled it out.

Drek
02-06-2012, 05:43 AM
This might have been the sloppiest SB I've ever seen. Drops all over the field. Bunch of fumbles for a SB. DBs were god awful all game. Dumb penalties including a 12 men on the field penalty on each team, etc.. Worst SB in a while played by two teams that backed in thanks to playing bigger screw ups as their championship round opponents.

Boobs McGee
02-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Crappy commercials, pretty mediocre to poor halftime show, and relatively sloppy boring game until the end. On second thought, the game was decent...overall, I'd give yesterday a B minus to high C.

Gort
02-06-2012, 06:29 AM
This might have been the sloppiest SB I've ever seen. Drops all over the field. Bunch of fumbles for a SB. DBs were god awful all game. Dumb penalties including a 12 men on the field penalty on each team, etc.. Worst SB in a while played by two teams that backed in thanks to playing bigger screw ups as their championship round opponents.

until the AFCCG, the Pats didn't beat an opponent with a winning record. NYG backed in with a 9-7 record. sounds about right for the sloppy play you mentioned.

spdirty
02-06-2012, 06:41 AM
When the broncos aren't in, all I really want in a SB is for it to be close and exciting and entertaining. This one delivered. And with the added bonus of mcdip**** being sad again yesterday and today.

bronco militia
02-06-2012, 06:55 AM
it was ok.....it was like an NBA game. You could have waited until the 4th quarter to start watching

Que
02-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Did Not Watch

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 06:59 AM
When the broncos aren't in, all I really want in a SB is for it to be close and exciting and entertaining. This one delivered. And with the added bonus of mcdip**** being sad again yesterday and today.

This needs to get more play. It's hardly a coincidence that, across the board, their offensive stats have gone down since he came back.

chawknz
02-06-2012, 07:02 AM
I was pretty bored until the last minute, I will admit. The Manchester Uniter vs Chelsea game earlier in the day was far and beyond the better game.

I guess we all see something different in a game.

Garcia Bronco
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
The best Super Bowl of the past 20 years is Super Bowl 32. 14 point dogs with a damn near 14 year losing streak for the AFC.

Outside of that, in my lifetime(75 to present) the best Super Bowl was the second 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl with Boomer and Joe...LOL...and the Icky Shuffle.