PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for Rivers?

KCStud
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Big Ben and Eli Manning now have 2 SB rings and both are already in the HOF chat while Rivers doesn't even make it to the SB.

Rivers had an extremely talented team for years in SD (thanks to Marty) and did nothing.

Wonder how the guy feels seeing his QB class doing so well why he hasn't been up to par.

Baba Booey
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I hope it means he keeps sucking it up when it matters and never even sniffs the Super Bowl.

Seriously...**** that guy.

Shananahan
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
https://p.twimg.com/Ak8N5TmCMAIqhyB.jpg:large

LRtagger
02-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Lolz

Gort
02-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Big Ben and Eli Manning now have 2 SB rings and both are already in the HOF chat while Rivers doesn't even make it to the SB.

Rivers had an extremely talented team for years in SD (thanks to Marty) and did nothing.

Wonder how the guy feels seeing his QB class doing so well why he hasn't been up to par.

Rivers is the white Donovan McNabb.

Hilarious!

Gort
02-06-2012, 07:10 AM
https://p.twimg.com/Ak8N5TmCMAIqhyB.jpg:large

that is rep worthy. even if you didn't make it.

Gort
02-06-2012, 07:12 AM
I hope it means he keeps sucking it up when it matters and never even sniffs the Super Bowl.

Seriously...**** that guy.

supposedly he's a good guy off the field, but he's such a mega douchnozzle on the field (both in college and the pros), that i will always root against him and cheer his failures. if the NFL has villains, this guy is in the top 3 along with Vick and that dip**** in Detroit who has anger management problems.

crosswatt
02-06-2012, 07:30 AM
I had a similar thought. So I'm going around trying to make a difference in the lives of those poor Charger fans who have been deprived so much. I declare today " Hug a Charger Fan Day".

With the bitterness still so raw towards Eli Manning not wanting to play there, and considering that five of the last seven Super Bowl winning quarterbacks were either drafted by the Chargers ( Eli, Brees) or could’ve been ( Roethlisberger) it must be a tough day today. So give them a hug. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
In a similar vein, I wonder just how drunk AJ Smith got last night, and how much he is going to drink today to try and forget?<o:p></o:p>

loborugger
02-06-2012, 07:38 AM
I think the window has closed on this current batch of Chargers. However, I expect Rivers will be around the NFL for a while longer. He is good and always gives his team a chance to compete. If SD can rise again, he may still get that ring.

Jetmeck
02-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Somebody left the back door unlocked and a Chef fan slipped in !

Peoples Champ
02-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Its obvious that Rivers is a bust and a lowsy human being. Dont forget the guy they let go for Rivers (drew brees) already has a ring.

Drek
02-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Rivers will go down as a mid-tier QB in a pass happy era who had a few impressive seasons when asked to throw the ball a ton to a good receiving corps.

bendog
02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwheXIa8Cl0&feature=related

BroncoBen
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM

That is a good way to put it... lol

Willynowei
02-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, as of today, the other 2 quarterbacks are a lot better and more accomplished, but he's young.

Peoples Champ
02-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, as of today, the other 2 quarterbacks are a lot better and more accomplished, but he's young.

ya he still has time to fix his throwing motion

Paladin
02-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't think he will ever make it to the Bowl as a Charger. If he gets traded, he might have a shot with another team. there is just something about SD that spells LOSER, and he will not be able to shrug off that moniker.

Phylis' sobriquet is "LOSER" and his picture should appear in Wiki as a definition of Loser.

I really dislike that guy.

(This message completed without TOG's wifes nipples.)

Bronco Rob
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
This KCStud guy is the same idiot that said the Chefs didn't need Joe Flacco beacuse they have Brodie Croyle.

2. The only good QB in that entire draft was Matt Ryan (Joe Flacco isn't a franchise QB).
Also other QB's like Colt Brennan, John David Booty and Matt Flynn have done nothing just like Croyle, so like I said there were no upgrades to Croyle that we could get, especially a franchise QB.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3437095#post3437095

Flacco has won FIVE post season games in FOUR season and the kansas city chefs have won THREE playoff games in forty-two seasons.

:thumbs:

Gort
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Flacco has won FIVE post season games in FOUR season and the kansas city chefs have won THREE playoff games in forty-two seasons.

http://vksempireofdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/kelso-burn.jpg

barryr
02-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Well, he still has Turner as his coach, so chances are not good for a Super Bowl appearance next season.

boltaneer
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Well, he had a great shot in 2006 but Marlon McCree threw that all away.

He had perhaps a better chance in 2007 but he had to play the AFC Championship with a torn ACL.

The 2008-2009 teams just didn't have a solid enough team or COACH to compete with the elite teams like Pittsburgh, New York or New England.

His play slipped this year a bit but he's just been snakebit, kind of like the whole Chargers organization over the years.

Give this man a defense like the Giants have and or like the Chargers had back in 2006-2007 and he has a good of a shot as any of the top QBs.

Lestat
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
he actually played in a SB and without spygate may have won it.

Hilarious!

gunns
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I think the window has closed on this current batch of Chargers. However, I expect Rivers will be around the NFL for a while longer. He is good and always gives his team a chance to compete. If SD can rise again, he may still get that ring.

They kept Norv.

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I would take Rivers over anything KFC throws out on the field.

KCStud
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I would take Rivers over anything KFC throws out on the field.

I'd take him over anything the Broncos put on the field too.

Bronco Rob
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM

Even over Stanzi?

Hilarious!

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM

It must be a sad day in KFC when you have to pick up Denver's trash to win a few games.

Buy your Orton Jersey yet?

KCStud
02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
It must be a sad day in KFC when you have to pick up Denver's trash to win a few games.

Buy your Orton Jersey yet?

Ha he's probably going to Miami or Washington most likely. And I'm pretty sure that QB beat your messiah :sunshine:

broncosteven
02-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Ha he's probably going to Miami or Washington most likely. And I'm pretty sure that QB beat your messiah :sunshine:

Don't worry maybe KFC will overspend for that Flynn guy to be your next Steve Bono

KCStud
02-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't worry maybe KFC will overspend for that Flynn guy to be your next Steve Bono

I'd bet he goes to Miami with Philbin.

400HZ
02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Eli and Big Rapist are definitely the more accomplished and have shown a better clutch factor, but had San Diego ended up with either of them rather than Rivers do you honestly think San Diego would have won two championships? They're still the Chargers, no matter who's behind center.