PDA

View Full Version : Rumors on Tebow.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

McDman
02-05-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/redzonetalk/2012/02/03/qb-shakeup-in-denver/

Just saw this article. Apparently it's going around we're making a move for Peyton, I don't see it happening but you never know.

Also, Schefter is saying that the Jags would be willing to deal a 2nd and 5th for Tebow.

MacGruder
02-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Peyton Manning would get killed behind the Broncos terrible line just like Orton was. We saw the same thing against the Pats... Plus is Manning going to want to play under Fox who was so horrible offensively?

Only a delusional Tebow hater would bank on this story having any legitimacy considering it's source as well. One of those stories it is so easy to pretend there is smoke there when it's all just speculation.

They source Shefter and Shefter said Manning wouldn't have any interest in the Broncos.. Tebow haters can dream though..

OrangeSe7en
02-05-2012, 07:53 AM
It's funny that the owner of the Jags says he would have used a 1st round pick on Tebow but then the team is only offering a 2nd and a 5th.

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 07:56 AM
It's funny that he owner of the Jags says he would have used a 1st round pick on Tebow but then the team is only offering a 2nd and a 5th.considering the amt of work tebow needs he should feel flattered that a team even offered that.

OrangeSe7en
02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
considering the amt of work tebow needs he should feel flattered that a team even offered that.

And what exactly does Tebow need to work on? Be technical and don't just use generic terms like "footwork". I want to know how much of a guru you are.

MacGruder
02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
It's funny that the owner of the Jags says he would have used a 1st round pick on Tebow but then the team is only offering a 2nd and a 5th.

That was just Shefters speculation. Don't talk like it's a fact. Shefter said they could offer a first as well. He was probably just stating a safe realistic pick. Besides.. you aren't going to trade the max value when Tebow is on a short term contract. He could re-sign somewhere else besides the Jags when his contract is up.

OrangeSe7en
02-05-2012, 08:05 AM
That was just Shefters speculation. Don't talk like it's a fact. Shefter said they could offer a first as well. He was probably just stating a safe realistic pick. Besides.. you aren't going to trade the max value when Tebow is on a short term contract. He could re-sign somewhere else besides the Jags when his contract is up.

Are you seriously that stupid?

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 08:05 AM
And what exactly does Tebow need to work on? Be technical and don't just use generic terms like "footwork". I want to know how much of a guru you are.you don't need to be a "guru" to see he needs alot work.

OrangeSe7en
02-05-2012, 08:07 AM
you don't need to be a "guru" to see he needs alot work.

I kind of thought that you were just blowing smoke. It's good to know you're capable of such awesome analysis.

MacGruder
02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Are you seriously that stupid?

No... YOU are the one that is stupid.. talking about some made up media nonsense as if it's legitimate or denigrating Tebow which is what you implied.

Spider
02-05-2012, 08:14 AM
And what exactly does Tebow need to work on? Be technical and don't just use generic terms like "footwork". I want to know how much of a guru you are.

Hilarious!this has to be a joke right ? Sarcasm ?

Kaylore
02-05-2012, 08:14 AM

But I thought Tebow's inability to read a defense quickly was purely McCoy's fault for "not letting him pass more..."

MacGruder
02-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Why is everyone only talking about Tebow improving? Intellectual laziness.

A normal passing QB could not have improved that offense the way Tebow did... It's great to have a great pure passing QB when you have a great offense around them. When you don't you are really screwed. Which is why Orton looked so much better on the Chiefs.

RhymesayersDU
02-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I haven't seen this much agenda pushing since the last Angryllama post.

MortonToMoses
02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
The only two things guaranteed in life are death and taxes. But a close third is anything you read on rantsports.com.

Gort
02-05-2012, 08:56 AM
i heard a rumor that the Pats are willing to trade Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski to the Broncos in exchange for Knowshon Moreno. true story.

Wes Mantooth
02-05-2012, 09:14 AM

how about completing passes to his receivers and reading defences?

fwf
02-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Plus is Manning going to want to play under Fox who was so horrible offensively?

I doubt this really matters. Whatever team Peyton goes to he basically becomes the offensive cordinator as well. That team will be running the same offense that Peyton ran in Indy assuming that decent pieces are in place.

The problem is theres about 15 other teams that would love to sign Peyton. Unless he's going only for top dollar ( we could pay him 30 million a season if we wanted) then he's be looking to go to a more established team.

If I were him id be talking to Jim Harbaugh in SF. Trade Alex Smith for a high pick or WR and sign Reggie Wayne and boom that the sickest team in the league.

Im sure the league would love this too. San Fran becomes an annual contender and Peyton is responsible for the construction of anoter billion dollar stadium.

Mogulseeker
02-05-2012, 09:46 AM
i heard a rumor that the Pats are willing to trade Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski to the Broncos in exchange for Knowshon Moreno. true story.

Pull the trigger!

Karenin
02-05-2012, 09:49 AM

You're right dude, Tebow is clearly a polished QB, a finished product in the vein of Peyton Manning or Joe Montana. All the best QBs can't complete 50% of their passes.

strafen
02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
In before MacGruder

Ratboy
02-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Take it and run.

oubronco
02-05-2012, 10:08 AM
how about completing passes to his receivers and reading defences?

That's just unreal to expect that much, you sir are a hater

Dedhed
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM

You don't need to be a doctor to know that Manning has 1-2 years left in the league, at most.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Sandy Clough on local radio blew this rumor out of the water. I think it is stupid to even think the team is working trades right now.

razorwire77
02-05-2012, 10:16 AM
The epic butthurtness and division that would engulf this board if Tebow got traded and Manning was acquired would be hilarious. I seriously doubt Pat Bowlen is going to pony up the cash, so it's all a moot point.

ChrisToker
02-05-2012, 10:16 AM

Just saw this article. Apparently it's going around we're making a move for Peyton, I don't see it happening but you never know.

Also, Schefter is saying that the Jags would be willing to deal a 2nd and 5th for Tebow.

Swap 1st rd pick and gabbert sounds fair

elsid13
02-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Sandy Clough on local radio blew this rumor out of the water. I think it is stupid to even think the team is working trades right now.

While this isn't happening for number a reasons, it not to early to believe that every team is putting out feelers at the Senior Bowl and Super Bowl when all the Front Office type are in attendance.

ChrisToker
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Peyton Manning would get killed behind the Broncos terrible line just like Orton was. We saw the same thing against the Pats... Plus is Manning going to want to play under Fox who was so horrible offensively?

Only a delusional Tebow hater would bank on this story having any legitimacy considering it's source as well. One of those stories it is so easy to pretend there is smoke there when it's all just speculation.

They source Shefter and Shefter said Manning wouldn't have any interest in the Broncos.. Tebow haters can dream though..

Terrible line? Jesus christ you are dumb.

Bronco Yoda
02-05-2012, 10:20 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o4uQpuOpUiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mile High Mojoe
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
This same thread has been repeated again and again. Damn it's going to be long off season.:deadhorse

Manning isn't coming to the Broncos but it's nice way to continue to stir the ****, the name calling and the hate by the idiots in here whose whole pathetic lives is centered around setting on they asses day after day having word fights like spineless cowards.

The QB situation in Denver since Elway retired has turned many people who were good fans into certifiable malcontents. It started with Griese and now it's Tebow I'm really sick and bored to death with it already.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Damn it's going to be long off season.:deadhorse

Especially if you post often

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Look unless we get Luck, trading Tebow for Gabert, or that we can sign Payton is just stupid. Payton is not coming here because somebody will overpay his suitors. (WAS or MIA). And I would hope the FO wont go into its previous MO of overpaying vets on the downside of their careers with serious injuries.

And why trade Tebow for Gabert??? He is awful!!! If we trade Tebow to the Jags it would have to be for their 1st round Pk since their owner was dumb enough to open his mouth.

Can't wait for the FA to come and sort itself out so this board can get back to normal. Here's to Tebow, and the hole team getting better!!! Go Broncos!!!

Mile High Mojoe
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Especially if you post often

True... I need to stay away and wait until the draft gets closer I guess.

HAT
02-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Rep!

theAPAOps5
02-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Yes so you can apply that Fantasy Football "knowledge" Hilarious!

KO5K
02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Can't see Manning coming here:

- If he's after money, Pat Bowlen isn't going to outbid anyone.
- If he's after another ring, there's better options than Denver.

strafen
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM

- If he's after another ring, there's better options than Denver.Other than Elway offering some tutelage to Tebow in the off-season, we really don't have much else to offer Tebow some much needed quarterbacking learning.
Elway can work on Tebow's pocket work, and Manning can showing how to master the art of reading defenses and make adjustments on the fly.

I still feel Tebow has the inner fire of wanting to get better, I get that, but he can always get better with some professional help, not just on his own...

DENVERDUI55
02-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Why wouldn't hags owner do it? Great business move and fill up his stadium for awhile.

R8R H8R
02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Here's reality folks:

Schefter was on a local radio program(CJ & Kreckman) on Thursday and was talking about 5 teams that Manning could go to, and Denver was not one of them.

When the hosts questioned him for leaving Denver off the list, he said anything is possible, but he just didn't see it. He didn't see the Broncos taking the financial risk and wasn't sure Manning would be ecstatic in coming to a run first offense.

He thought the Skins would be a more likely team because of Shanny and a crazy owner that would take the risk. This makes more sense to me.

Concerning the alleged 2nd & 5th picks for Tebow from the Jags, Schefter threw that out there only after being goaded into a "make believe" scenario where the Jags might have an interest in Tebow. Make no mistake, Schefter just threw it out there as speculation, not from anything of real substance.

In other words, there's nothing to see here folks, move along.

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Other than Elway offering some tutelage to Tebow in the off-season, we really don't have much else to offer Tebow some much needed quarterbacking learning.
Elway can work on Tebow's pocket work, and Manning can showing how to master the art of reading defenses and make adjustments on the fly.

I still feel Tebow has the inner fire of wanting to get better, I get that, but he can always get better with some professional help, not just on his own...

NO doubt! but it doesn't have to be Manning. Why pay 20 plus million for a QB that with 1 bad hit could maybe never walk again. And who knows? Manning could be a tutor like Favre was. Was his backup QB any good? Painter sucked and he has been behind learning from Manning for 3 years.... just saying...

cmhargrove
02-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't understand why people around here just don't get it. The NFL is a business. The goal of that business is to make money. Tebow (no pun intended) is a godsend to the bottom line of this organization. Sell tickets, sell sponsorships, get prime time game broadcasts, sell merchandise, get home playoff games. The kid may become the biggest cash cow in the league next year.

Anyone business leader who wants to trade "that" should be fired, lynched, or sent to the Raiders...

R8R H8R
02-05-2012, 11:17 AM

- If he's after another ring, there's better options than Denver.

This. As I said in another post, the Skins are a better choice for Manning, way better.

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
You don't need to be a doctor to know that Manning has 1-2 years left in the league, at most.3-4, he hasn't taken alot of hits in his career. favre got hit alot and played til he was 40/41. chris wienke had the same surgery done & stated his arm felt stronger than it was before the surgery.

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't understand why people around here just don't get it. The NFL is a business. The goal of that business is to make money. Tebow (no pun intended) is a godsend to the bottom line of this organization. Sell tickets, sell sponsorships, get prime time game broadcasts, sell merchandise, get home playoff games. The kid may become the biggest cash cow in the league next year.

Anyone business leader who wants to trade "that" should be fired, lynched, or sent to the Raiders...

yes it is a bussiness,but when teams let the fans make the decisions they lose. The broncos are going to make their money regardless.

cmhargrove
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
yes it is a bussiness,but when teams let the fans make the decisions they lose. The broncos are going to make their money regardless.

Nice statement, but i think a bit naive. How many prime time games do you think the Broncos get next year because of Tebow? The country (even non-football) loves all the Tebow they can get. To say that he won't have a significant effect on the popularity and sales of the "Denver Broncos Product" seems silly.

The kid is cash money on a national scale.

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
3-4, he hasn't taken alot of hits in his career. favre got hit alot and played til he was 40/41. chris wienke had the same surgery done & stated his arm felt stronger than it was before the surgery.

Yeah beacuse Chris Wienke was awesome before the injury..... he had a horrible weak arm. It could not get worst....

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah beacuse Chris Wienke was awesome before the injury..... he had a horrible weak arm. It could not get worst....

I'm not saying weinke was some great QB,just saying don't write off payton manning. the point is when payton is healthy he'll be will right back at it again picking defenses apart. he didn't lose an arm or forget how to play football.

maher_tyler
02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Would be one of the worst moves in the history of this team. I'd rather he stay here and we know with out a doubt he can't get better than go to another team and show us what fools we were!!

Not to mention he's Bowlen's cash cow!!

Mile High Mojoe
02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes so you can apply that Fantasy Football "knowledge" Hilarious!

Why did you have to poke me the eye? Did I say something to your personally on this thread?

Pendejo
02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
This makes no sense for Manning at all.

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm not saying weinke was some great QB,just saying don't write off payton manning. the point is when payton is healthy he'll be will right back at it again picking defenses apart. he didn't lose an arm or forget how to play football.

Totally agree. But he is going to have the worry of getting hit in the back of his mind. Who knows how this will affect him? Once the QB loses the confidence in the protection or hears footsteps... he could be a totally different QB.

Don't kid yourself. 3 neck injuries is serious business. He knows that it could happen again with one bad hit.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Why did you have to poke me the eye? Did I say something to your personally on this thread?

The draft is your "specialty" right? Because of Fantasy Football, right? Did I get something wrong? Hilarious!

WolfpackGuy
02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Any move at the QB spot short of getting Luck this offseason would be stupid.

KO5K
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Remember when us fans were like "Hey, Tebow gives us the best chance to win" and Elway and Fox were like, "lol no, Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win".

Yeah, they sure proved us wrong...

Shananahan
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I think it is stupid to even think the team is working trades right now.
It's not just stupid, it's downright delusional. Anybody who thinks we're giving Tebow away this offseason is simply not using their brain.

Some other trades, however, wouldn't surprise me too much. Personally I'd be just fine with keeping this team intact and adding talent to it unless the offers are too good to refuse.

Shananahan
02-05-2012, 12:00 PM
This makes no sense ... at all.
Fixed it for you.

Kinda hilarious that it's threads like this which really take off around here.

Miss I.
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Did anyone else notice the source is some blogger at the University of Co, who only says a local network 9 is reporting it, but when I go to that stations' website there is NADA on Peyton Manning. When he backs it up with something real it might be worth discussing, but right now it smells like someone's fantasy or something they picked off of a discussion thread on the OM.

CEH
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I think jax would be great for manning
Top 10 defense best rb last year weather and division
Great draft spot for a wr

Mile High Mojoe
02-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I think jax would be great for manning
Top 10 defense best rb last year weather and division
Great draft spot for a wr

The Redskins make more sense to me. He and Shanahan would be a good match.

OrangeCrush2724
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
The Redskins make more sense to me. He and Shanahan would be a good match.

I disagree. When Manning plays in your team he runs HIS offense. Shanny is too arrogant to have a Qb come in and dictate things.

Manning is going to go to a situation where has has total control of his offense, can conduct the tempo of his practices and has a legit chance to win.

Not sure if the Broncos are it, but with Fox, Manning would be able to have full control of the offense.

Also, Dolphins might be interested if the Flynn sweepstakes goes to high (Manning was seen in Miami with Marino at dinner last week).

NFLBRONCO
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Manning's EGO is too big to play in Denver.

SoCalBronco
02-05-2012, 01:38 PM
That's what FO's do...they sometimes have to consider big decisions. When it works great....if it doesn't they lose their jobs.

ChampJesusBailey
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Who in their right mind would not take Peyton over Tebow? I love Tebow as a player but Manning is a no brainer.

enjolras
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd do the Jags 2nd/5th in a heartbeat. I mean he would be packed up and gone as soon as your allowed to trade folks. You might be able to package that up with the first rounder and get into QB territory in the draft.

enjolras
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Remember when us fans were like "Hey, Tebow gives us the best chance to win" and Elway and Fox were like, "lol no, Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win".

Yeah, they sure proved us wrong...

We finished the season the exact same way we started... 1-4. Who is to say Orton wouldn't have done just as well against that level of competition? He started 6-0 IIRC before trailing off. Just as Tebow did.

dsmoot
02-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Who in their right mind would not take Peyton over Tebow? I love Tebow as a player but Manning is a no brainer.

If the Broncos were just a Manning away from a Superbowl Winning team, then you are correct. However, despite the playoffs this year, the Broncos are many players away. Given Manning's age and physical condition, it makes no sense at all to disrupt a rebuilding process. We need to relegate $$$ to free agents who will be here awhile and not give up needed draft picks.

cutthemdown
02-05-2012, 02:28 PM
This article no different then any one of us speculating.

RhymesayersDU
02-05-2012, 02:34 PM
If the Broncos were just a Manning away from a Superbowl Winning team, then you are correct. However, despite the playoffs this year, the Broncos are many players away. Given Manning's age and physical condition, it makes no sense at all to disrupt a rebuilding process. We need to relegate $$$ to free agents who will be here awhile and not give up needed draft picks.

Maybe we are just a Manning away. Hear me out. Look at the Colts this year, it's clear that their success was all due to Manning, and they don't have a ton of talent on the roster. Yet year after year they won a bunch of games. I'd argue that we have more talent on both sides of the ball than the Colts right now, and we're in a weak division.

I'm not advocating signing Manning per se, BUT I also think he's responsible for a lot of wins without a ton of talent around him.

cutthemdown
02-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Manning if healthy would be stupid to pass up. If he can play he gets rid of the ball so fast our oline would do really well. The notion our pass protection was so crappy just isn't true. Tebow holds the ball a really long time. Our pass protection among the better ones IMO. They are young, getting better, but probably could use more power inside at LG or Center.

Still this could all just be a huge rumor, I'm sure we will hear lots of them.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2012, 02:35 PM
We finished the season the exact same way we started... 1-4. Who is to say Orton wouldn't have done just as well against that level of competition? He started 6-0 IIRC before trailing off. Just as Tebow did.

Yeah, and 2 of those 4 losses were against the AFC Champs. Baby Steps.

By the way, how did your boy KO do against SD and OAK?

KO5K
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Hilarious!

Not comparable at all.

Dedhed
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
When it works great....if it doesn't they lose their jobs.And the franchise struggles for years.

Dedhed
02-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Manning if healthy would be stupid to pass up.

This is moronic. Manning has 1-2 years left in the league.

KO5K
02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd do the Jags 2nd/5th in a heartbeat. I mean he would be packed up and gone as soon as your allowed to trade folks. You might be able to package that up with the first rounder and get into QB territory in the draft.

QB territory in this draft is top 3.

Realistically, I don't see how we move up to top 3.

Boogerboots
02-05-2012, 03:22 PM
To the first part of the rumor, if you think about it, which team has the cash and the prestige that would attract P. Manning. Cowboys. Jones is desperate and hes got money. I highly doubt that the great kazoo will don a xxxl Broncos helmet next year.

As to the second part. Tebow to J-ville seems to be the only logical move there if he were to leave. If Tebow is going, he will be shipped to J-ville whether Manning comes to Denver or not. The Jags will be the ones to offer the most lucrative return.

Personally I hope that Tebow gets at least one more full year in Denver before all the fans execute him in their virtual kangaroo courts. Hey if we gave Griese and Plummer the chances they had... I think Tebow deserves a legit shot too... with at least a full preseason to help him out.

Turd_Ferguson
02-05-2012, 03:42 PM
2nd and a 5th? They really must be trying to get Manning if they haven't taken that deal.

yerner
02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
If it is only about cash, and Peyton is interested, then you have to think about it.

Jay3
02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm against bringing in Peyton. This team isn't really close enough to championship level to make it worth it. The Broncos are better off building, building, staying on a three year plan.

And I think Peyton would see it the same way and not be very interested. The notion that the Broncos have a dominant O-line and defense is a joke, perpetuated by the fellows trying to avoid cognitive dissonance at the thought of Tebow leading this team to the playoffs (and victory in the playoffs).

They still have too many holes to make them a prime landing spot for Peyton.

Cito Pelon
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I can't see anything more than a tiny bit of interest from the Broncs for Manning, maybe kick the idea around a little bit that's all.

Same with trading Tebow, since I seriously doubt they're gonna get much of an offer. I think there may be quite a few GM's out there that are intrigued with his possibilities, but not nearly intrigued enough to stick their necks out.

Tebow will get his chance in Denver in the offseason, TC, PS, and reg season, but they'll try to bring in some competition for him this year, and aggressively go after a top rookie QB for the 2013 season if he doesn't pan out.

Jay3
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
But I will admit to thinking, at times, the defense and O-line were on the edge of greatness. But too many times they've been exposed. They're mediocre, well-coached, play with heart, and have 2 or 3 elite caliber players on D.

Bronc62
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
How many prime time games do you think the Broncos get next year because of Tebow? The country (even non-football) loves all the Tebow they can get.

Between Sunday nights, Monday nights, and now 15 Thursday nights, I bet the Broncos get at least five primetime games on TV this coming season.

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Oh the delusion!

Payton in his 14 yearss has been to the super bowl 2 times and won 1. Thats 1 super bowl every 7 years and a win every 14.

You guys think we are a Manning away from super bowl??? hahahahaha

If Manning couldn't do it with great offensive line during his years, top notch receivers, great tight end, he even had Edge for a while...and a competent defense... you guys thinks he is going to make it to the super bowl with what we have to offer? please!

In 11 trips to the playoff his team has gone on a run in the playoffs 3 times. The other 8....one and done. Yeah....I am anxious for that type of choke fest.

Payton is the greatest SEASON QB in the history of the NFL. But the playoffs is a totally different animal. Look it up...

We are not a QB away from the super bowl. We still have many holes to fill!!!
Fill them and develop the young ones. Who knows? Maybe someday we are able to develop our own talent, and that way we don't have to keep signing over the hill injured players that end up burning us most of the time.

EmpireOrange
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Gwad, I hate tebowners. Manning would thrive in this offense. The only subpar aspect of Denver's OL is a QB who can't read defenses and holds the ball. Manning will no hold the ball and Denver will not be running the Option either. Dumbarse!

Shananahan
02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Somebody rename this 'Thread for Madden Fans'.

bombay
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
If Manning can win 12-13 games with that Godawful mess in Indy, I'd love to see what he could do here.

EmpireOrange
02-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh the delusion!

Payton in his 14 yearss has been to the super bowl 2 times and won 1. Thats 1 super bowl every 7 years and a win every 14.

You guys think we are a Manning away from super bowl??? hahahahaha

If Manning couldn't do it with great offensive line during his years, top notch receivers, great tight end, he even had Edge for a while...and a competent defense... you guys thinks he is going to make it to the super bowl with what we have to offer? please!

In 11 trips to the playoff his team has gone on a run in the playoffs 3 times. The other 8....one and done. Yeah....I am anxious for that type of choke fest.

Payton is the greatest SEASON QB in the history of the NFL. But the playoffs is a totally different animal. Look it up...

We are not a QB away from the super bowl. We still have many holes to fill!!!
Fill them and develop the young ones. Who knows? Maybe someday we are able to develop our own talent, and that way we don't have to keep signing over the hill injured players that end up burning us most of the time.

Did you see that 10-6 team without Manning? If you was a true Bronco fan (and not a retarded swamp turd from UF) you would understand that you can't measure great QBs by Super Bowls when they play for a franchise that refuses to put true talent in place to win. John Elway, for example, if he had Joe Montana's team early in his career he'd be a 6 time super bowl champion at least. If Manning played for NE during his career, he'd have a whole lot more rings. Harrison? Who was he before he became Mannings best target? Wayne - oh ok we'll see where he is during free agency this year. Top flight offense, yeah because Manning was the QB and carried the team just like Elway did for 12 seasons. What NFL are you watching dumbarse? Manning is a no brainer bringing him in here. With Decker, Fells, and Bey Bey - crap that would be dominating. However, the story in the OP is bs. My inside sources say its complete BS.

Shananahan
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Whose gimmick is EmpireOrange? Someone's doing great work.

KO5K
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM
My inside sources say its complete BS.

Hilarious!

Do your sources have the 49ers or the Ravens to win the superbowl?

EmpireOrange
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Hilarious!

Do your sources have the 49ers or the Ravens to win the superbowl?

Its not like I was happy when they told me. Manning with the Broncos would be super bowl contention from the get. But they are resolved to playing this Tebow thing for another year, and to allowing him to play himself out of the league.

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Did you see that 10-6 team without Manning? If you was a true Bronco fan (and not a retarded swamp turd from UF) you would understand that you can't measure great QBs by Super Bowls when they play for a franchise that refuses to put true talent in place to win. John Elway, for example, if he had Joe Montana's team early in his career he'd be a 6 time super bowl champion at least. If Manning played for NE during his career, he'd have a whole lot more rings. Harrison? Who was he before he became Mannings best target? Wayne - oh ok we'll see where he is during free agency this year. Top flight offense, yeah because Manning was the QB and carried the team just like Elway did for 12 seasons. What NFL are you watching dumbarse? Manning is a no brainer bringing him in here. With Decker, Fells, and Bey Bey - crap that would be dominating. However, the story in the OP is bs. My inside sources say its complete BS.

Dude what the hell are you drinking?! During Brady's 3 1st super bowls he made it and won it with a patched up team! Remember?! The offensive pieces the colts had in place were always better than that of the Pats. That's until the Pats turned into an offensive juggernaut...which has helped them win 0 super bowls. So please keep drinking Payton ball juice! I know you like it. And...are you suggesting that Harrison, Wayne, Clark < Decker, Fells and DT??? hahahaha

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Its not like I was happy when they told me. Manning with the Broncos would be super bowl contention from the get. But they are resolved to playing this Tebow thing for another year, and to allowing him to play himself out of the league.

hahahaha here is your awesome Manning in the playoffs:

Ok...in his second season he lost to the Titans. Still...the colts were favored to win. You talk about the titans defense? well points wise they allowed...9 fewer ponts than the colts. His stats for the game: 19/42 for 255 0 TD 0 INTs 1 Rush TD.

In his third season vs the dolphins: 17/32 for 191 0 TD 0 INTs. The dolphins did have a badass defence. But still...shouldn't elite QB > elite defences? (Not my words...just what most of the population thinks)

in his 4th season his somewhat regressed and the team didn't make the playoffs.

In his 5th season he got wooped by the jets: 14/31 for 100 0 TD 2 INT

Finally in his 6th season he finally gets his first playoff wins vs us and the chiefs. Woop de do!! He then goes and lays an egg against the pats. You know how many INTs Payton threw that year? 10. His stats for that game 23/47 for 237 1 TD 4 INTS (all ty law).

IN his 7th season he meets us again and kicked our asses. He later meets the pats and lays another egg after an amazing scoring season. His stats for that game: 27/42 for 238 0 TD 1 INTs.

In his 8th season his has an ok game against the steelers but still lose: 22/38 for 290 1 TD 0 INT. Still the Colt were the 1 AFC seed and the steelers the 6th.

In his 9th season: YEAHH SUPERBOWL. The funny thing is that he could have cost them any game during that postseason trip if it were not for a sudden rise of their defense. Postseason stats including superbowl: 97/153 for 1,034 3 TDs and 7 INTs. That less than 1 TD per game and almost 2 INTs per game.

In his 10th season: He loses against the charger when the colts were clearly the better team. His stats: 33/48 for 402 3 TDs 2 INts.

In his 11th season against the chargers again he lays an egg. His colts (12-4) were heavily favored against the chargers (8-8). Still they lost. His stats: 25/42 for 310 1 TD 0 INT.

In his 12th season another superbowl trip. This time he has a good postseason: His stats for the postseason: 87/128 for 958 6 TD 2 INT. Still he lost in a superbowl in which he was favored.

In his 13 season....one and done again. He loses vs de jets. His stats: 18/26 for 225 1 TD 0 INT.

So to sum it all up. (Counting this season) In his 14 years...Payton has missed the postseason 3 times. Still he has managed to reach the superbowl 2 times for an average of 1 every 7 years.

On the other side we have Brady. In his 12th year (11th as head QB) Brady has gone to the superbowl 5 times. Thats an average of almost 1 SB every 2 years.

Now why did I compare both? Well because statistically speaking Payton has been the better player during the SEASON during the course of their careers. Brady just takes it up another notch during the postseason.

So it's not pretty stupid saying Payton has chocked when he had the better team most of the time.

Ohh...Tebow won his first playoff game against that tough steelers defense you moan about when discussing payton. ON HIS FIRTS TRY!!!

just saying...

EmpireOrange
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Dude what the hell are you drinking?! During Brady's 3 1st super bowls he made it and won it with a patched up team! Remember?! The offensive pieces the colts had in place were always better than that of the Pats. That's until the Pats turned into an offensive juggernaut...which has helped them win 0 super bowls. So please keep drinking Payton ball juice! I know you like it. And...are you suggesting that Harrison, Wayne, Clark < Decker, Fells and DT??? hahahaha

Dude, do you work for ESPN? You're dumb enough too. The Pats during its super bowls wins have had a top defense and a points stingy defensive scheme since Brady has been there. THEY WENT 11-5 WITH A QB WHO HADN'T STARTED A GAME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL before he took over for Brady in game 2. Belcheat has made Brady, not the other way around. In Brady's first SB, they protected him from throwing the ball. He was not the Brady he is today. However, Manning has been the OC, HC, and QB as well as GM for Indy since Dungy left. NE hasn't won because of Brady. Indy has. Dumbarse!!

Rigs11
02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I hope they bring in manning so that maccruder pops a blood vessel

Gort
02-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Gwad, I hate tebowners. Manning would thrive in this offense. The only subpar aspect of Denver's OL is a QB who can't read defenses and holds the ball. Manning will no hold the ball and Denver will not be running the Option either. Dumbarse!

not sure if serious...

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Dude, do you work for ESPN? You're dumb enough too. The Pats during its super bowls wins have had a top defense and a points stingy defensive scheme since Brady has been there. THEY WENT 11-5 WITH A QB WHO HADN'T STARTED A GAME SINCE HIGH SCHOOL before he took over for Brady in game 2. Belcheat has made Brady, not the other way around. In Brady's first SB, they protected him from throwing the ball. He was not the Brady he is today. However, Manning has been the OC, HC, and QB as well as GM for Indy since Dungy left. NE hasn't won because of Brady. Indy has. Dumbarse!!

hahahahaha...ok..now seriously. I give you the part that Becheat did develop Brady. But you are off on the defensive ranking. Look it up if you want. In 2001, Brady was chosen to the Pro Bowl, made it to the Super Bowl and won it with a very average offense and a defense ranked 24th.

On his second super bowl in 2003 he did have a top 10 defense (7th) but still a very average Offense.

On his third super bowl he had a very balanced offense and a defense ranked 20th.

Right now...Brady is in the super bowl with the 31st ranked defense and could win it. And about those Brady superbowls...did you know that in all of the them his defense used at 1 point or the other a WR as CB. Think about that.

Brady has more SBs because he was the better PLAYOFFS QB. Payton will forever surpass him in SEASON stats....he just choke during the pressure of the playoffs.

KO5K
02-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Wasn't that the plan this year?

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I really can't believe the lack of appreciation that Tebow gets from so many supposed Bronco fans. The guy is a major contributing factor to us winning our first playoff game in six years, with a crappy team mind you, and many of you jokers aren't even willing to give the kid time to develop. Meanwhile the same morons can't suck Fox and McCoy off enough. Bunch of idiots with your priorities all mixed up...

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank God the Broncos don't actually listen to all the armchair/madden GMs around here....

http://www.examiner.com/denver-broncos-in-denver/denver-broncos-gm-brian-xanders-team-will-absolutely-build-around-tim-tebow

Gort
02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I really can't believe the lack of appreciation that Tebow gets from so many supposed Bronco fans. The guy is a major contributing factor to us winning our first playoff game in six years, with a crappy team mind you, and many of you jokers aren't even willing to give the kid time to develop. Meanwhile the same morons can't suck Fox and McCoy off enough. Bunch of idiots with your priorities all mixed up...

it's the same 10 or 12 morons posting all this anti-Tebow garbage day in and day out. they are a tiny, tiny subset of the OM.

Rigs11
02-05-2012, 06:45 PM

http://www.gethandbag.com/images/151-drama-queen.gif

theAPAOps5
02-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Shut the **** up

Archer81
02-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I do think its interesting that Cutler did far less in his first 16+ starts and was automatially considered QBOTF.

Not starting an argument, just noting an interesting fact.

:Broncos:

Heyneck
02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I do think its interesting that Cutler did far less in his first 16+ starts and was automatially considered QBOTF.

Not starting an argument, just noting an interesting fact.

because he could throw it harder than Elway......

OCBronco
02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes, we should definitely make a play for Peyton. That way, we can relive the awesomeness of Mike Shanahan trying to lure Steve Young to the Broncos for one last run. That turned out so well, I can't wait to try it again.

ZONA
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
If Manning gets cut, I honestly could see Snyder paying the most to get him. But that would mean going against Ely twice a year and not sure he'll want to be in same division as brother. I think Houston should try and get him. If he goes there with enough time to work in OTA's, not just camp, they would be a top 3 favorite in the AFC to reach the superbowl next year.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM
so whats the record of former great to excellent qbs going from one team to another after being on a winning team several years ie Montana, Namath ,McMahon how well did those teams do after they relocated ?

razorwire77
02-05-2012, 11:00 PM
My guess is Peyton is going to have some prerequisites about where he plays. I imagine he wants to go to a big market team with a big spending owner, and if possible a team that plays in a dome.

Denver isn't a big market team. Bowlen wouldn't spend an extra .50 for bacon on his double cheese burger until the cap floor kicks in, much less tie up the necessary funds to secure Manning and Denver is cold.

UberBroncoMan
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM

Given where they're picking in the first round and the fact they already spent one on their current QB, I'd say it's fair.

Archer81
02-06-2012, 12:48 AM
so whats the record of former great to excellent qbs going from one team to another after being on a winning team several years ie Montana, Namath ,McMahon how well did those teams do after they relocated ?

Well...when the Chiefs had Montana, they actually won a playoff game. So that's something I suppose.

txtebow
02-06-2012, 07:17 AM
How completely ungrateful and idiotic. For the doubters.... Go to you tube search Steve you g Tampa bay bucs and watch how dreadful he was. Tebow gets his first official off season with the team this year. You all should be excited with optimism.

Pick Six
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
The QB situation in Denver since Elway retired has turned many people who were good fans into certifiable malcontents. It started with Griese and now it's Tebow I'm really sick and bored to death with it already.

What? Did you even read your blogs about Orton? I think you are just as complicit, sir...

BroncoBen
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't see Manning signing with the Broncos.. more likely the Cards or the Jets. I can see the Jags making a play to try and trade for Tebow.. and I am willing to bet Tebow would sign off on it. Imagine going home to play.. He would have no problem re-doing his contract to make it more 'friendly' for the Jags.

The question is.. what would the Broncos be willing to take in trade.

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 11:15 AM
He would have no problem re-doing his contract to make it more 'friendly' for the Jags.

Ummmm, what?

Here's what's left on his current deal:

2012: $1.1 million
2013: $1.055 million
2014: $670,000

All signing and performance bonuses have already been paid. He's probably the cheapest starter in the league.

NFLBRONCO
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I still see Peyton going to AFC team before NFC (Brother) but, we'll see

Miss I.
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I for one, would like him to stay and see what a full off season and a full year as starter brings. I was upset when Jay left and I would be upset if we dump Tim too soon also.

bendog
02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I think the Jests ... though Miami may not be as bad as they seem. Still, in 2011, Den added three quality starters (one superior) and Moore may yet pull his head out, and Julius Thomas was never expected to do much his rookie season. Assuming they got the Jags 2nd pick, they'd have three more top 100 picks, and a pile of lower round ones as well. Given Elway's first draft, and Fox's history at Car, that could mean a big jump to being a legit threat in 2012 and going Bowl in 13 ... if the QB position is solidified. I mean the defense lacks depth on the front 4, needs a Mike and at least one corner, and maybe a safety. They can fill the mike and get a new runner in free agency.

Payaton wants to go wherever he'll most likely go bowling. Den fell on hard times since the Pitt AFC championship game, but .... if you assume Quincy Carter, Champ, DJ, Miller, Ayers and Doom are competent to be on a Lombardi team ... Den could be very close with a healthy manning.

BroncoBeavis
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Ummmm, what?

All signing and performance bonuses have already been paid. He's probably the cheapest starter in the league.

Yeah, let's ditch that and blow our cap on a 36 year old whose neck wouldn't let him play a down last year.

Mountain Bronco
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
1st and a 5th and I would consider. 1st and a 3rd pull the trigger and take a motivated Manning with a better D than Indy ever had and bring in a couple of the colts FA receivers.

Now the Tebow fluffers will call me a hater, that I don't know football etc... Awesome.

alkemical
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't trade tebow for less than a 1st for the high pick. His "gate draw" is worth that at the very least.

Shananahan
02-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Ummmm, what?

This is often overlooked when discussing him as the starter for next season. It makes perfect sense to see what he's got while he's cheap as hell and the team is being built through the draft, rather than splurge on a soon-to-be-retired veteran or a different young player with potential.

If Tebow has another season ending with a playoff victory, I'm sure you'll see him receive a contract extension or a large increase in salary. One of the funny things about having him at QB is the minimal likelihood of him ever holding out or demanding top dollar. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about Tebow causing financial problems if he ever does turn into a star QB.

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't trade tebow for less than a 1st for the high pick. His "gate draw" is worth that at the very least.

yep. If the Jags want he they need to poney up a first at the very least. His gate draw, promotional draw is off the charts. Combine that with a cheapo rookie contract and that spells a big fast first rounder, thank you very much.

If I was the Broncos I'd say a 1st and a 4th from the Jags. How bad do they want him??

bendog
02-06-2012, 02:20 PM

Oh I'd take the 2 and 5, but that's only if payaton was in the picture. Den can't trade him just for a one pick. A one pick only lets Den get one extra blue chip defender and use it's own one to at best trade down one and get Foley. If that's the deal, let's see if the kid can learn to pass in the NFL. Even for a doubter like me, the worse case is the training wheels fall off, we under .500 and we trade up and get one of the qb's coming out of the SEC in 2013.

Shananahan
02-06-2012, 02:21 PM
A 1st + 3rd would have to be the very, very minimum they'd have to offer in order to get the ball rolling. I really don't think Tebow is trade-able at this point, all things considered.

This whole conversation is pretty absurd.

Heyneck
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Aside from the idea that I wouldn't want to us to risk signing a 36 year old with 3 neck surgeries, the only way I think Manning comes here is we agree to pay him 20+ million annually contract, we throw in Shanny's old mansion, let him use Mr. Bowlen's bed, and let him run the organization.

Ans stop with the "he will have a better defense here to back him up".... please.

Last years his defense was ranked the same than ours in scoring and he was still one and done in the playoffs. Hes had top 15 defenses and still done nothing with them. When was the last time we had a top 15 defense? 2009?
Sure, we know how good that turned out to be...

We have some good pieces on the defense, and finally a coach that will make sure it's not the weak link. Why not invest money and youth into adding to the promising unit?

Signing Manning would cripple our chances of signing our own FA and wont let us acquire the talent we could use on the FA market.

Ohh...and we would have to change offensive systems once again....great.

HILife
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Here's reality folks:

Schefter was on a local radio program(CJ & Kreckman) on Thursday and was talking about 5 teams that Manning could go to, and Denver was not one of them.

When the hosts questioned him for leaving Denver off the list, he said anything is possible, but he just didn't see it. He didn't see the Broncos taking the financial risk and wasn't sure Manning would be ecstatic in coming to a run first offense.

He thought the Skins would be a more likely team because of Shanny and a crazy owner that would take the risk. This makes more sense to me.

Concerning the alleged 2nd & 5th picks for Tebow from the Jags, Schefter threw that out there only after being goaded into a "make believe" scenario where the Jags might have an interest in Tebow. Make no mistake, Schefter just threw it out there as speculation, not from anything of real substance.

In other words, there's nothing to see here folks, move along.

Wow. How can a site be so way off.

jhns
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Now the Tebow fluffers will call me a hater, that I don't know football etc... Awesome.

Or, we will point out that you are a douche who is so sensitive that he starts crying before stuff even happens...

As for the thread, I would take Manning and keep Tebow, if we had the chance. Tebow can sit and learn for a few years, and possibly still come in near the goal line sometimes to throw off defenses.

Blart
02-06-2012, 03:00 PM
As for the thread, I would take Manning and keep Tebow, if we had the chance. Tebow can sit and learn for a few years, and possibly still come in near the goal line sometimes to throw off defenses.

You want Tebow benched for someone that's been the most hated man in Denver year after year? You're not a real Broncos fan.

BroncoBeavis
02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow. How can a site be so way off.

Great isn't it. Schef gets goaded into offering an off-the-cuff hypothetical for a trade scenario for the sake of conversation. His words are then reported as evidence of trade talk that never happened.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
whats the track record for qbs who won a super bowl going to another nfl team and winning a superbowl or even going to one i can think of a few qbs who left a team that they won a superbowl with and wound up doing nothing ie Montana ,McMahon

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
whats the track record for qbs who won a super bowl going to another nfl team and winning a superbowl or even going to one i can think of a few qbs who left a team that they won a superbowl with and wound up doing nothing ie Montana ,McMahon

Kurt Warner says "hi".

snowspot66
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Warner is the only guy I can think of who even came close.

jhns
02-06-2012, 03:24 PM
You want Tebow benched for someone that's been the most hated man in Denver year after year? You're not a real Broncos fan.

Manning is the most hated man in Denver as Denver fans try claiming the majority aren't McFans. Your logic doesn't add up.

StugotsIII
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM

Sounds totally legit.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
oh yeah now name me more also you shure you want a guy who has a neck injury he might injure it again or he might not quite a gamble.maybe you want to stick with tebow for 1 more season and if tebow lose alot of games we could move up in the draft grab a really good qb . so do you stick with the qb who took us from 1-4 to a playoff win and a loss to the pats and btw ravens loss to pats also.

Shananahan
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Dude, please return to elementary school and learn how to use the English language.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-06-2012, 03:34 PM
so out of all the Superbowls we got one QB who went to another Superbowl with another team Warner . Now some of you want manning who might be one tackle away from being paralyzed.
i aint a uber football qb expert, but i think that is a very big gamble to take. mho i wouldn't do it

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
think we should stick with Tebow for one more season.
he did win a play off game.
also went from 1-4 with orton as the qb to a playoff win.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Kurt Warner says "hi".

thanks for reminding me of that i completely forgot then again my mind is in a fog took a sleeping pill didnt help much

peacepipe
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
so out of all the Superbowls we got one QB who went to another Superbowl with another team Warner . Now some of you want manning who might be one tackle away from being paralyzed.i aint a uber football qb expert, but i think that is a very big gamble to take. mho i wouldn't do it

bit of a overstatement

errand
02-06-2012, 11:11 PM
so out of all the Superbowls we got one QB who went to another Superbowl with another team Warner .

Craig Morton led Cowboys to SB V (lost to Colts), and then led Broncos to SB XII (lost to Cowboys)

To this day only guy to start a SB for different teams from different conferences.

BroncoBuff
02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Schefter is saying that the Jags would be willing to deal a 2nd and 5th for Tebow.

I don't want Peyton .... but I say JUMP on this deal immediately.

Jags' 2nd rounder is #39 overall ... a key piece in a package to move up for Dont'a Hightower.

Archer81
02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't want Peyton .... but I say JUMP ON this deal immediately.

Jags' 2nd rounder is #39 overall ... a key piece in a package to move up for Dont'a Hightower.

...and who plays QB for us?

Archer81
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Kurt Warner says "hi".

Kurt Warner only won a SB in St Louis, didnt he?

broncosteven
02-07-2012, 02:30 AM
You don't need to be a doctor to know that Manning has 1-2 years left in the league, at most.

His nerves have to regenerate 1st and he could be like me sitting around 4 years later waiting for the nerve to regenerate. If it doesn't regenerate soon he will face muscle atrophy in both arms, winging of his shoulders because the muscles are atrophying and facing throwing a weak ball the rest of his career if he tries to eek out 1 or 2 more years.

At worst he will be 40 and waiting for regeneration, eating fistfulls of goofballs to try to help control the pain only to have the pain wake him at 2:30am Central time not able to take another dose for a few hours and having to log on to his favorite Bronco website to kill some time between doses then being wiped out all day because of the pain and lack of sleep from the pain.

I find it odd that the NFL would be cool with a QB having to take a handfull of Goofballs to ease his pain, Payton could turn into the next Farve needing the goofballs so as not to get dope sick like some character out of Naked Lunch or The Ticket That Exploded. Payton pimping himself to score some goofballs would make an interesting sight to see as one drives down the main drag in Indy.

errand
02-07-2012, 06:11 AM

Yes he went 1-1 in SB's with Rams.........but also took Cardinals to SB as well....both his losses were last minute ones.

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Yup, but look at the criteria we were given. It says win with one team and then at least "go to" another SB with a different team.

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 06:41 AM
so out of all the Superbowls we got one QB who went to another Superbowl with another team Warner . Now some of you want manning who might be one tackle away from being paralyzed.
i aint a uber football qb expert, but i think that is a very big gamble to take. mho i wouldn't do it

Hey, before this week, no 9-7 team ever won a SB. I suppose the Giants never should've bothered even getting off the plane. :)

And, to be fair, every player is one tackle away from potentially being paralyzed. Hell, according to reports last week, the doctor who performed the surgery told Peyton that if he was his own son, he'd have no problem telling him to get back in there and that there was no additional risk of further injury.

Having said that, I'd pass unless we got a sweet package of picks for Tebow and Manning came here for a relatively modest salary.

BroncoBeavis
02-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Kurt Warner says "hi".

Kurt bounced around for a few years without much success though. Then that last miracle year the Cards mostly moonwalked into the playoffs because of a weak division ala the 2011 Broncos. Then they got hot for a few games.

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Kurt bounced around for a few years without much success though. Then that last miracle year the Cards mostly moonwalked into the playoffs because of a weak division ala the 2011 Broncos. Then they got hot for a few games.

Ummmm, so what? I provided an answer that fit the requested criteria perfectly. That is all.

Denver724
02-07-2012, 08:26 AM

I love this trade too, but Elway would be ripped by the Denver media/fans. Maybe he has the sack to do it. I think we should take it and run.

jhns
02-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I love this trade too, but Elway would be ripped by the Denver media/fans. Maybe he has the sack to do it. I think we should take it and run.

As he should be. Going into a season without a QB is pretty stupid.

BroncoBeavis
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Ummmm, so what? I provided an answer that fit the requested criteria perfectly. That is all.

Didn't say you were wrong. Just wanted to point out for those who are so inclined, that Warner isn't really the template we're looking for.

Dedhed
02-07-2012, 08:49 AM

So you want to go into the season with Weber as our starter? Sounds bright. Or maybe we'd re-sign Quinn because I'm sure he'd lead this team to the promised land.

Play2win
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM

Then trade the #39 for a first rounder in 2013 to help snag Matt Barkley.

BroncoBeavis
02-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Then trade the #39 for a first rounder in 2013 to help snag Matt Barkley.

Hey, if the game is 'weaken this year's draft to take Barkley the year after' let's just pack it in for 2012.

Tebow was supposed to play us into Luck, so let's not get fooled twice. Trade Teebs for a slice of baloney. Bring Trent Dilfer out of retirement. Let's do this thing right!

oubronco
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
http://nbspn.com/comics/2011-10-24-TEBOW.jpg

jhns
02-07-2012, 09:13 AM
OU fans look fat when they are jealous.

Dedhed
02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
http://nbspn.com/comics/2011-10-24-TEBOW.jpg

Normal Bronco fan:Well that was ugly at times, but sure was the best Broncos season in years and we've certainly got some upside to look forward to.

Hater: Tebow Sucks!

NBF: Yeah, the young guy needs to improve, but we haven't won the division or been to the playoffs in years. With an actual off season and getting camp reps with the first team, you have to think he'll improve.

Hater: Tebow SUCKS!

NBF:Ok, I get it, but he did just beat the best passing defense in the league by throwing for over 300 yards and did something that Cutler and Orton failed to do.

Hater: TEBOW SUCKS!

NBF: Whatever

alkemical
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
You guys are still on this stupid bull****?

Eldorado
02-07-2012, 09:27 AM
NBF: We do need to see some improvement from him in the short passing game and reading defenses. The headless chicken in the pocket needs to go. All in all it was fun, though.

Teboner: Raiderfan.

jhns
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
NBF: We do need to see some improvement from him in the short passing game and reading defenses. The headless chicken in the pocket needs to go. All in all it was fun, though.

Teboner: Raiderfan.

All raider fans hate when good things happen to this team.

jhns
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
You guys are still on this stupid bull****?

Do you need a tissue, little guy?

Dedhed
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM

Hater Response: There's no way he can improve, he's already going into his 3rd season, he's going to regress if anything.

"Teboner" Response(Macgruber aside): I think it's reasonable to expect him to improve with a full off-season and more work with the young WRs.

jhns
02-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I would love for one of the haters to actually give an example of them being called a hater, or raider fan, after giving a rational take. I see them crying about it all the time. I never see it actually happen.

KO5K
02-07-2012, 09:59 AM
http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/15326/7b33524536a8599b65aa576c806e4de43bb122b4.jpg?x=442&y=575&sig=99a7038f019de93cb210e173e8c82fa7

MacGruder
02-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Hater Response: There's no way he can improve, he's already going into his 3rd season, he's going to regress if anything.

"Teboner" Response(Macgruber aside): I think it's reasonable to expect him to improve with a full off-season and more work with the young WRs.

And only one of the above has a clue what he is talking about....

The only one that would have ever put money on Tebow leading the Broncos past the first round of the playoffs..

Heyneck
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
this whole thread:

http://ilol.co/upload_pic/13036.gif

bendog
02-07-2012, 01:52 PM
yeah, but it was really bait for the tebowites.

orinjkrush
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
the technical skills are the easiest to improve. the leadership skills the hardest.
Teebs needs to improve his mental quickness in reading defenses, that comes through practice and experience. probably means he should trade off some weight room time for some flash cards. Teebs will improve, how quickly is the question.

IdahoBronco7
02-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Orange, Tebow's footwork that needs improved is only in the confidence he needs to gain in the O line. He needs to know he can drop back into a secure pocket for more than 3 seconds. Once he can find that security, from his line and in his mind, he'll be able to focus on his reads immediately. His accuracy will come when he has urgency in his reads and not wanting to brake and run. It's like the Pats Qb coach said, he could fix Tebow in 10 days. He doesn't need a lot of work, just some good ol' fashion teaching.

IdahoBronco7
02-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Nice Av !

IdahoBronco7
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
New to the site. This place is completely opposite of a layout as Fox. I'll try to make more sense in the future.

DenverBroncosJM
02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
New to the site. This place is completely opposite of a layout as Fox. I'll try to make more sense in the future.

Yah, normally takes a few post before you hit coherent..give it time.

IdahoBronco7
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Yah, normally takes a few post before you hit coherent..give it time.

Hey JM. I spend a lot of time on the Fox Sports site. Denver Broncos home page. There's some good folks there. I already like this site. I suppose anybody can start a new thread ?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Craig Morton led Cowboys to SB V (lost to Colts), and then led Broncos to SB XII (lost to Cowboys)

To this day only guy to start a SB for different teams from different conferences.

oh i thought Morton was a back up til he came here. wow i was a kid when the broncos went to the Superbowl i vaguely remember orange crush my school co opted orange crush and replaced it with purple crush since that was our schools color. damn learn something new about the broncos before Elway every time i come here:)

Mogulseeker
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey JM. I spend a lot of time on the Fox Sports site. Denver Broncos home page. There's some good folks there. I already like this site. I suppose anybody can start a new thread ?

LOL 100 post rule haha

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
again i want tebow to stay here one more year if he craps out well we can get a high draft pick and try to get another qb . what do we got to lose, besides tebows virginity if he craps, out hangs around with Orton ,gets stinking drunk ,and winds up in bed with some bimbo crack ho as they both remember the good ol days of being mediocre and or lousy

gunns
02-07-2012, 07:05 PM
NO doubt! but it doesn't have to be Manning. Why pay 20 plus million for a QB that with 1 bad hit could maybe never walk again. And who knows? Manning could be a tutor like Favre was. Was his backup QB any good? Painter sucked and he has been behind learning from Manning for 3 years.... just saying...

No one is going to pay 20 mil for Manning, Manning is not coming to Denver, thank heavens, the Colts will release Manning, and he will most likely go to the stupidest suitor which is likely Washington and Favre was no tutor, his ego wouldn't allow it. Elway will draft a QB, will likely bring in a vet QB that will make us thankful we drafted one and he will work with Tebow in the off season. By game 6 if Tebow isn't looking or performing any better then we will see the backup and rookie. We draft and gain some great defensive players and the defense carries this damn team. Case closed, let's move on.

errand
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
oh i thought Morton was a back up til he came here. wow i was a kid when the broncos went to the Superbowl i vaguely remember orange crush my school co opted orange crush and replaced it with purple crush since that was our schools color. damn learn something new about the broncos before Elway every time i come here:)

He was beaten out by Staubach, sat bench for two seasons, signed a contract with defunct WFL, but was with NYG until Broncos acquired him in trade for Charley Johnson.

IdahoBronco7
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
LOL 100 post rule haha

So, smurf, I guess I ain't nothin' till I get to a 100 posts, aye ? What ever is good for you, is good for me.

Hamrob
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
If Manning can prove he is healthy...many teams will be in the mix for him. Here are the top 10 that could make a play for him (in my opinion):

Jets
Dolphins
Redskins
Chiefs
Cardinals
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings

Cowboys
Broncos

When you consider these teams, you have to figure out where Manning would want to play, (Cowboys, 49ers, Redskins, Vikings). Teams with an outside chance, (Jets, Chiefs, Broncos). Teams with no chance (Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks).

I just don't see there being a snow balls chance in hell, that he would end up in Denver. Let's say that it ends up being the Redskins, Jets, and Broncos. Would Manning pick us?

I have to say...If Elway can't or won't get on board with Tebow, signing Manning and trading Tebow for picks would be acceptable. I would try to get more out of Jax than a 2nd and 5th. He was drafted at #25 and hasn't diminished his value. I'd want a 2nd and 3rd or a 1st for Tebow.

My thoughts:

1. Keep Tebow and develop the kid
2. Stay a way from Peyton Manning. Chances are he won't choose us anyway...and all you do is continue to slap Tebow in the face!

gunns
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
He was beaten out by Staubach, sat bench for two seasons, signed a contract with defunct WFL, but was with NYG until Broncos acquired him in trade for Charley Johnson.

I thought it was Steve Ramsey.

BroncoBuff
02-07-2012, 11:35 PM
So you want to go into the season with Weber as our starter? Sounds bright. Re-sign Quinn?Going into a season without a QB is pretty stupid.

What seems brightly stupid to me is both your assumptions that we'd be stuck with only Quiinn and Weber, or that we'd be "without" a quarterback (not to mention your assumptions Tebow is a worthy NFL starter). There are other quarterbacks you know: Best idea would be Packers FA Matt Flynn, he's a better QB than Tebow right now.

In the draft, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones staying put really thinned the pool, but still: Nick Foles Arizona and Taylor Wilson of Arkansas ... both are tough as nails, I'd be glad to see either one in a Broncos uniform. And at least ONE of them should be available even if we do move up for Hightower.

I think we should grab these Tebow picks and package up for Donta Hightower. He is another Patrick Willis or Al Wilson ... a captain, a leader and a great player.

I'll use you guys' logic: Which would you rather have next year:

1. Tim Tebow QB, Joe Mays MLB
2. Matt Flynn QB, Donta Hightower MLB

Shananahan
02-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Pretty idiotic, Buff. Keeping Tebow doesn't mean we can't improve the MLB spot, and overpaying for Flynn in FA or drafting a rookie QB and expecting him to improve us at the position is just absurd.

A 2nd and a 5th for Tebow would be highway robbery on the Jags' part, and there's no way in hell Denver lets him go for that at this point. He's going to have to play his way out of town if he's leaving.

BroncoBuff
02-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Pretty idiotic, Buff. Keeping Tebow doesn't mean we can't improve the MLB spot, and overpaying for Flynn in FA or drafting a rookie QB and expecting him to improve us at the position is just absurd.

A 2nd and a 5th for Tebow would be highway robbery on the Jags' part, and there's no way in hell Denver lets him go for that at this point. He's going to have to play his way out of town if he's leaving.

http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/joker-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I didn't say he was a Pro Bowler or anything, or even if he'll ever fully develop into an above-average passer. That doesn't make your theory of improving the team by overpaying an unknown talent or heading into the season with later-round rookie while trading away Tebow any more sensible. The only reason you could possibly feel good about those moves is if you're certain Tebow will fail.

Simple fact is Tebow is worth more to the team right now than a 2nd and a 5th. He might never become as good as some people here already think he is, but getting rid of him now at that price would be like folding after the flop when you're drawing at a royal flush.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
You make good points ... but only because you're dancing around my main guy: Donta Hightower.

You keep ignoring him, and you win a few of these arguments. But throw him into your equations and the wheels come off ... he's a Patrick Willis who won games - lots of games - in college. He captained that sick Bama defense in his sophomore and junior seasons. Both All-America, the most recent National Ch'ship.

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
That doesn't make your proposal any less ridiculous, though, because there are alternate ways to trading up and landing him that don't involve us aborting our immediate future at the quarterback position.

I like Hightower, but not enough to once again be stuck crossing my fingers on somebody new behind center. Tebow's cheap, has the potential and work ethic to improve and is a golden cash cow even now. It'd be moronic to trade him away for a 2nd and 5th only to scramble around trying to fill his shoes, much less improve them.

lonestar
02-08-2012, 12:27 AM
You make good points ... but only because you're dancing around my main guy: Donta Hightower.

You keep ignoring him, and you win a few of these arguments. But throw him into your equations and the wheels come off ... he's a Patrick Willis who won games - lots of games - in college. He captained that sick Bama defense in his sophomore and junior seasons. Both All-America, the most recent National Ch'ship.

Just curious if he is as good as you say just how would taking him with JAX number 2 or 3 happen?

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM
He wants to use the Jacksonville picks to trade up. I think he's just throwing some far-fetched and foolish ideas out there as an excuse to talk about Hightower.

lonestar
02-08-2012, 12:33 AM
That doesn't make your proposal any less ridiculous, though, because there are alternate ways to trading up and landing him that don't involve us aborting our immediate future at the quarterback position.

I like Hightower, but not enough to once again be stuck crossing my fingers on somebody new behind center. Tebow's cheap, has the potential and work ethic to improve and is a golden cash cow even now. It'd be moronic to trade him away for a 2nd and 5th only to scramble around trying to fill his shoes, much less improve them.

I agree 100% unless Tebow melts down in OTAs there is no way this kid will not get better down teh road with coaching..

EVERYONE knows he will put the time in to learn what he needs to elarn..

WIll it pay off in year 3 or 5 no one knows for sure..

is matt flynn anything more than Kolb or cassel?
so he has played great in a game or two so has Tebow..

Were his numbers great becasue the D had zero time and film to defense him?

Frankly Tebow is our guy trough next season at least unless some tema is willing to part with a couple very high choices for him,IE 1 and 2s..

I think that unlikely unlesss the new owner in JAX wants to make a huge splash..

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Honestly, I think Tebow is probably commercially untradeable at the moment. I can't imagine there's a realistic price Denver would accept for him right now.

lonestar
02-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Honestly, I think that Tebow is probably commercially untradeable at the moment. I can't imagine there's a realistic price Denver would or could accept for him right now.

you may be correct for John NOT to be ridden out of town on a rail, we would have to get 2-4 high picks for him.. even then loads of folks would be pissed..

The kid is a great kid has this team on his back and they HAVE his BACK.. I have not seen this kind of leadership since Elway retired..

Jake was damned good but Tim is off the charts with having this team beleive in him..

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 01:27 AM

http://ilol.co/upload_pic/11441.gif

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 02:07 AM
A 2nd and a 5th for Tebow would be highway robbery on the Jags' part, and there's no way in hell Denver lets him go for that at this point.

Mr. Shanahan? Sir, you do realize it was the JAGUARS said to have made this offer, right?

And that Mr. Tebow is a superstar-rockstar there, who could sell tons of tickets and jerseys? And that the Jaguars are in massive financial trouble, that the league made a big mistake expanding there?

So then … Tebow is of unique value to the Jags, and they are the only team likely to have made such. Therefore it cannot be highway robbery by definition.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 02:15 AM
He's just throwing some far-fetched and foolish ideas out there as an excuse to talk about Hightower.

Not sure what's "far-fetched," about the idea. Hightower is not a pie-in-the-sky fantasy, in fact he's all over the first round in mock drafts: Today's mock at Walter Camp site he fell to #24, just one pick away from us (http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php), and all the way to #31 at Bleacher Report last week (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1050196-2012-nfl-mock-draft-pass-rush-still-a-top-draft-priority-for-buffalo-bills).

He's not the best LB in the draft, but he is a natural-born leader. In both his sophomore and junior years he captained and called the signals for the best defense in the nation. And he's a good citizen. That's not just blah-blah rambling, fewer and fewer guys can make those claims these days. And I've always thought defenses do better with an on-field QB-like captain. And oh yeah, MLB is our position of greatest need.

I would definitely take the Jags' 2nd and 5th for Tebow ... though I guess I will admit there aren't many really good QBs out there. After Luck, Brees and Manning, very few. Barkley and Jones thinned the top rounds of the draft, and Matt Flynn, he's played so little he could go anywhere between Rodgers and Cassell.

If we do sign Flynn though, I say we call him Good Will Hunting ...
http://packersbadgers.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/mattflynn.jpg

Play2win
02-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Tebow is a paper tiger, because he can't really pass the ball-- at least not to the level required of a NFL QB. I don't think he has potential, because he doesn't look like he will ever develop the flexibility to make the quick pass. One thing is for sure, he needs to spend more time in stretching class and less time in the weight room. But that's not Tim, he's going to be in the weight room. I doubt if he will ever be able to throw the quick slant, thus, no potential as a NFL QB.

Elway will go get a big athlete that can throw from the pocket, and that has a quick release. Then get the WCO installed, and it's gangbusters. Hopefully we hold out for Matt Barkley in 2013.

Matt Barkley + WCO = Match made in heaven.

kappys
02-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Mr. Shanahan? Sir, you do realize it was the JAGUARS said to have made this offer, right?

And that Mr. Tebow is a superstar-rockstar there, who could sell tons of tickets and jerseys? And that the Jaguars are in massive financial trouble, that the league made a big mistake expanding there?

So then … Tebow is of unique value to the Jags, and they are the only team likely to have made such. Therefore it cannot be highway robbery by definition.

Lets not forget that Tebow is of unique value to the Broncos - placing us in primetime games and selling tons of jerseys. True there is not a sellout problem at mile high but Pat is making plenty of money of the Tebow machine that has to be compensated for.

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Lmao at people thinking Tebow should throw better quick slants out of 2wr sets with 8 in the box.

Also at the idea that the FO can just plug in any schmo at QB and then tell the fanbase "Hey we got pix baby!"

Implosion

TonyR
02-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Also at the idea that the FO can just plug in any schmo at QB and then tell the fanbase "Hey we got pix baby!"

The FO can do whatever they want. At the end of the day it's all about W/L. So I agree with your point only if we assume that the Broncos lose with this hypothetical "any schmo at QB". But if the Broncos go 6-10 with Tebow next year the hype and popularity will start to wane very quickly.

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:00 AM
The FO can do whatever they want. At the end of the day it's all about W/L. So I agree with your point only if we assume that the Broncos lose with this hypothetical "any schmo at QB". But if the Broncos go 6-10 with Tebow next year they hype and popularity will start to wane very quickly.

As it should. It is just sad that so many of you want to give up on him right after a very successful first season starting. So many "fans" aren't even willing to wait for a bad season before crying...

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Tebow is a paper tiger, because he can't really pass the ball-- at least not to the level required of a NFL QB. I don't think he has potential, because he doesn't look like he will ever develop the flexibility to make the quick pass. One thing is for sure, he needs to spend more time in stretching class and less time in the weight room. But that's not Tim, he's going to be in the weight room. I doubt if he will ever be able to throw the quick slant, thus, no potential as a NFL QB.

Elway will go get a big athlete that can throw from the pocket, and that has a quick release. Then get the WCO installed, and it's gangbusters. Hopefully we hold out for Matt Barkley in 2013.

Matt Barkley + WCO = Match made in heaven.

IMHO... Tebow will either: A) Do whatever it takes to gain the tools he needs to become the QB that EFX wants... he'll play the QB position the way they want it to be played... or B) they'll get someone who will.

Tebow's skill set is like a square peg trying to fit into a round-hole offensive system and over the long haul that's got just about the same odds of success as placing an immobile QB (Brian Griese) behind a suspect O-line that featured a re-assigned TE (Trey Teague) as his blind side protection. Nothing that EFX has said indicates to me that the offensive system intends to change to a "square hole to accommodate a square peg", however (what they've consistently said publicly is that Tebow needs to work on his QB tools).

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:07 AM

So your entire argument is based on a comolete unknown? Great! Not only is your Flyn take terrible, but you are basing an argument on a ton of assumptions. One, that we will actually be able to trade up. Then there is the fact that Hightower could suck in the NFL. Maybe he takes a few years to develop. This McDaniels way of doing things hasn't exactly worked well in the past...

TonyR
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
It is just sad that so many of you want to give up on him right after a very successful first season starting.

I guess it depends on which part of the season with Tebow starting you think better represents "reality": the 7-1 start or the 0-3 finish.

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I guess it depends on which part of the season with Tebow starting you think better represents "reality": the 7-1 start or the 0-3 finish.

0-3 finish? That is impossible when you played two playoff games. You want to know which part represents reality? 9-7 with a playoff win. Clown.

TonyR
02-08-2012, 07:36 AM
...what they've consistently said publicly is that Tebow needs to work on his QB tools...

Yup, Elway has stated numerous times what he expects of his QB, most recently this:

Elway has described the kind of quarterback he likes as “the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket,” which doesn’t exactly fit Tebow to a T and serves as a reminder that Tebow is the quarterback Elway inherited, not the quarterback Elway chose.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/elway-tebow-is-the-starter-but-broncos-are-in-the-quarterback-market/

I don't know how many times, and in how many different ways, he has to say it before people catch on...

BabyTO
02-08-2012, 07:38 AM
its better to lose with a big QB who sits in the pocket (palmer) than to win with a shorter qb (tebow) Hilarious!

TonyR
02-08-2012, 07:39 AM
0-3 finish? That is impossible when you played two playoff games. You want to know which part represents reality? 9-7 with a playoff win. Clown.

Okay, would you prefer I say 1-4 finish including 3 blowouts?

Too stupid for message boards. (turnabout is fair play)

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Yup, Elway has stated numerous times what he expects of his QB, most recently this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/elway-tebow-is-the-starter-but-broncos-are-in-the-quarterback-market/

I don't know how many times, and in how many different ways, he has to say it before people catch on...

You do realize he has also said Tebow did good, will improve, did get better during the season, and that they couldn't even try working on that during the season, right?

So what is your point? Only this one thing proves something? Nothing else he says matters?

TonyR
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
its better to lose with a big QB who sits in the pocket (palmer) than to win with a shorter qb (tebow)

You'll have to take this issue up with John Elway. He can't make it any more clear that he wants a QB who can stand in the pocket and make NFL throws. Maybe that guy will be Tim Tebow. And maybe it won't.

TonyR
02-08-2012, 07:43 AM
You do realize he has also said Tebow did good, will improve, did get better during the season, and that they couldn't even try working on that during the season, right?

I do realize all except the bolded part. Why couldn't he work on his passing during the season? Is there a rule against practicing and learning during the season? Or are you just out to prove, once and for all, that you're too stupid for message boards? (turnabout is fair play)

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Okay, would you prefer I say 1-4 finish including 3 blowouts?

Too stupid for message boards. (turnabout is fair play)

It would actually be accurate, even though it is stupid. You are an idiot. Are you actually arguing he didn't have a successful first season? You obviously haven't listened to Elway enough. Funny that you only see the one thing he said...

You still don't even understand what the too stupid for message boards thing is about, which only proves the point.. You are using it wrong dumbass.

jhns
02-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I do realize all except the bolded part. Why couldn't he work on his passing during the season? Is there a rule against practicing and learning during the season? Or are you just out to prove, once and for all, that you're too stupid for message boards? (turnabout is fair play)

Ask Elway. He has said it multiple times. Practice during the season is used for game preperation. It isn't the time to work on footwork and throwing motion. Funny that you only see him say the one thing and ignore everything else. This is exactly why you are too stupid for message boards.

rugbythug
02-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Tebow has as good a chance at being great as Flynn or any rookie. Since we own him might as well move forward.

If tebow gets better about using cadence his protection will last longer.

Anyone who thinks you need to trade up to get a mlb doesn't pay attention.

McDman
02-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Man, I've started quite the thread here!

In other Tebow rumors, IAOFM had a blurb about E! saying that Tebow would be interested in Dancing with the Stars.

That would be a disaster but I just can't see him agreeing to do that.

bowtown
02-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Man, I've started quite the thread here!

In other Tebow rumors, IAOFM had a blurb about E! saying that Tebow would be interested in Dancing with the Stars.

That would be a disaster but I just can't see him agreeing to do that.

The Lord hates ballroom dancing.

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
The FO can do whatever they want. At the end of the day it's all about W/L. So I agree with your point only if we assume that the Broncos lose with this hypothetical "any schmo at QB". But if the Broncos go 6-10 with Tebow next year the hype and popularity will start to wane very quickly.

Yes, if Tebow struggles next year, the popularity will decline. But if he's never given that chance, the comparison won't be to Tebow who "ya never know, mighta gone 6-10". The comparison will be (rightfully) to the guy who beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Fall short of that and you'll have complete franchise implosion. And just FYI, most rookie QB's aren't up to that kind of pressure.

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Also, you've got the angle of Elway promising to work with Tebow this offseason, and telling everyone he'll be the starter going into camp next year.

They change that up (to make a draft move) and they'll look like dishonest schmucks (in addition to idiots)

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Tebow isn't going away just because of the financial benefits of having him here. Bowlen loves the kid. And with a proven record of having desire to win and then winning, he'll also become a good pocket passer with so much more to offer. I think he's our man.

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Yo do realize it was Shefter that came up with this hypothetical asking price???

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM

It's highway robbery if you're giving him away for much, much less than he's worth to you. Your attempt at an argument is again pretty ridiculous, seeing as how if he's worth all that to the Jags, they'd be underpaying for him with a 2nd and a 5th.

When EFX came together all they talked about was winning back the fan base, creating a sense of loyalty and improving the team. In many respects they have been very successful in doing that so far, and Tebow has played a very large role in it regardless of their or your opinion of him. His value to Denver right now as a fan favorite, merchandise machine and media sensation is light years beyond a 2nd and 5th and if EFX were to trade him they'd be throwing away a great deal of the good will they'd just earned from the fan base they've tried so hard to appeal to.

All of this is hypothetical, of course, because the rumored trade is so retarded and unrealistic that it's a waste of time to discuss it like this.

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
He's not the best LB in the draft, but he is a natural-born leader. In both his sophomore and junior years he captained and called the signals for the best defense in the nation.
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4ed8f2adecad04412e00002f-400-300/loser-rolando-mcclain.jpg

And oh yeah, MLB is our position of greatest need.
This is false, but it's an old conversation for another thread.

bendog
02-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I wish the Kardashians would just kidnap him and get it over with. (-:

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
It's highway robbery if you're giving him away for much, much less than he's worth to you. Your attempt at an argument is again pretty ridiculous, seeing as how if he's worth all that to the Jags, they'd be underpaying for him with a 2nd and a 5th.

When EFX came together all they talked about was winning back the fan base, creating a sense of loyalty and improving the team. In many respects they have been very successful in doing that so far, and Tebow has played a very large role in it regardless of their or your opinion of him. His value to Denver right now as a fan favorite, merchandise machine and media sensation is light years beyond a 2nd and 5th and if EFX were to trade him they'd be throwing away a great deal of the good will they'd just earned from the fan base they've tried so hard to appeal to.

All of this is hypothetical, of course, because the rumored trade is so retarded and unrealistic that it's a waste of time to discuss it like this.

Not to mention it's a fiction. Jax hasn't talked about it. It was an off-the-cuff comment from Schef during an interview where he was throwing out a hypothetical.

Tebow won't be traded at all. And if he were going to be, it would be for nothing less than a guarantee at a blue chip QB on the field next season. This idea that you can just unload the most popular athlete in sports in exchange for the hope of maybe a good season in a couple years is pretty crazy.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
It's highway robbery if you're giving him away for much, much less than he's worth to you. Your attempt at an argument is again pretty ridiculous, seeing as how if he's worth all that to the Jags, they'd be underpaying for him .

I guess everybody has their own opinion ... you think mine "stupid," I think this paragraph above is borderline indecipherable.

alkemical
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
I guess everybody has their own opinion ... you think mine "stupid," I think this paragraph above is borderline indecipherable.

Basically it says that if the Donks traded Tebow for a 2nd & fif...we done got robbed up in here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=18NBM3X0mHk).

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I think this paragraph above is borderline indecipherable.
It was in reference to this comment:

Mr. Tebow is a superstar-rockstar there, who could sell tons of tickets and jerseys? And that the Jaguars are in massive financial trouble, that the league made a big mistake expanding there?

So then … Tebow is of unique value to the Jags
Sounds like you're saying he might be worth more to them than a 2nd and 5th.

Play2win
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
This is false, but it's an old conversation for another thread.

I bet you cited wikipedia for your term papers, too!

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't get it. The McClain picture was a joke, dude, making light of all the 'captained the best defense' comments.

Play2win
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I wish the Kardashians would just kidnap him and get it over with. (-:

They could have finally done the world—or at least Broncos Nation—some good.

Dedhed
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Honestly, I think Tebow is probably commercially untradeable at the moment. I can't imagine there's a realistic price Denver would accept for him right now.

There's not. It's nothing more than fantasmagoric pipe dreaming by people who are stuck on the idea that Tebow can't improve and continue to do what he's always done; win games.

Trading Tebow for Hightower (or anyone else save, perhaps, Andrew Luck) would be the height of stupidity for a franchise that just won it's first playoff game in 6 years and is rumored to be cash strapped.

Tebow is the most valuable athlete in the NFL right now from a dollar perspective, and will continue to be so for years unless he totally flops in the future. Until that time he's a cash cow.

Dedhed
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Some of us might even prefer to look at the entire picture instead of cherry picking from either end and realize he's 9-7 in his first 16 starts with a very mediocre supporting cast.

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
There's not. It's nothing more than fantasmagoric pipe dreaming by people who are stuck on the idea that Tebow can't improve and continue to do what he's always done; win games.

Trading Tebow for Hightower (or anyone else save, perhaps, Andrew Luck) would be the height of stupidity for a franchise that just won it's first playoff game in 6 years and is rumored to be cash strapped.

Tebow is the most valuable athlete in the NFL right now from a dollar perspective, and will continue to be so for years unless he totally flops in the future. Until that time he's a cash cow.

Couldn't have said it better myself Dedhed. In this instant gratification world and especially, NFL world that we live in, the hating and brash remarks made against him all this last year and since he's become an NFL Qb are being proven to be bull crap. And a lot off talking heads should get on their knees and ask him for his forgiveness. Apparently they are going to build around Tebow, according to Xanders. I'm glad he's here. It's going to be great to watch him mature.

errand
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I thought it was Steve Ramsey.

Ramsey's last season with Denver was '76....it was also his last in NFL too if memory serves me right.

errand
02-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Some of us might even prefer to look at the entire picture instead of cherry picking from either end and realize he's 9-7 in his first 16 starts with a very mediocre supporting cast.

Couldn't one also say that the broncos have gone 9-9 including playoffs with some ohmyGod-awful to mediocre QB play (Orton and Tebow)....thereby reinforcing their belief that a QB of Manning's ability could make us much better?

rugbythug
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Couldn't one also say that the broncos have gone 9-9 including playoffs with some ohmyGod-awful to mediocre QB play (Orton and Tebow)....thereby reinforcing their belief that a QB of Manning's ability could make us much better?

Which manning? The one about to be cut from the worst team in the nfl and is known to have nerve damage or the super bowl mvp?

Stfu and let the kid play. If he sucks you get to be right.

Requiem
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
What seems brightly stupid to me is both your assumptions that we'd be stuck with only Quiinn and Weber, or that we'd be "without" a quarterback (not to mention your assumptions Tebow is a worthy NFL starter). There are other quarterbacks you know: Best idea would be Packers FA Matt Flynn, he's a better QB than Tebow right now.

In the draft, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones staying put really thinned the pool, but still: Nick Foles Arizona and Taylor Wilson of Arkansas ... both are tough as nails, I'd be glad to see either one in a Broncos uniform. And at least ONE of them should be available even if we do move up for Hightower.

I think we should grab these Tebow picks and package up for Donta Hightower. He is another Patrick Willis or Al Wilson ... a captain, a leader and a great player.

I'll use you guys' logic: Which would you rather have next year:

1. Tim Tebow QB, Joe Mays MLB
2. Matt Flynn QB, Donta Hightower MLB

It's Tyler Wilson, and he isn't in the draft.

Secondly, Hightower probably isn't in the first-round mix right now. Luke and Vontaze for sure, but I don't rank Hightower up there. He had a good season this year, but was nothing *special* to believe he will be a Patrick Willis type player.

Dedhed
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Couldn't one also say that the broncos have gone 9-9 including playoffs with some ohmy God-awful to mediocre QB play (Orton and Tebow)....thereby reinforcing their belief that a QB of Manning's ability could make us much better?

Ignoring, of course, the fact that Tebow has already made us much better, is under contract for pennies on the dollar, doesn't have a surgically reconstructed neck, and could is very likely to improve.

Dedhed
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
It's Tyler Wilson, and he isn't in the draft.

Secondly, Hightower probably isn't in the first-round mix right now. Luke and Vontaze for sure, but I don't rank Hightower up there. He had a good season this year, but was nothing *special* to believe he will be a Patrick Willis type player.
Hightower isn't even in the same ballpark as Willis.

rugbythug
02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Hightower isn't even in the same ballpark as Willis.

Hightower is to Willis as tannehil is to rogers.

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM

http://ilol.co/upload_pic/7308.gif

gunns
02-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Have you seen SF and their MLB position and their QB and THEIR SUCCESS?

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Have you seen SF and their MLB position and their QB and THEIR SUCCESS?
Something tells me there just might be more to their success than two players. You're also talking about a former #1 overall QB and a MLB who is infinitely better than anybody we have a chance at filling the spot with.

I don't really understand where you're trying to go with that.

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
http://ilol.co/upload_pic/7308.gif

Brilliant. I don't know how I didn't see it before, but if Errand ever needed anything it was a beard slap.

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Something tells me there just might be more to their success than two players. You're also talking about a former #1 overall QB and a MLB who is infinitely better than anybody we have a chance at filling the spot with.

And like 3 or 4 1st rd OL players, a legit workhorse/big play back, a very gifted wr, a top 3 tight end, and that's without even going in detail on the defensive side.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
the Drunk is in the house..

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
i see theres a 100 post rule around here...so if i get my thousands of posts from other sites, will that equal to 100?

gunns
02-08-2012, 04:48 PM

You are worried about getting rid of Tebow and what we might have to endure, while Buff is comparing Hightower to Willis and the possibility of us getting him with a trade for picks. Smith was a #1 pick, not a #1 QB, not at all. Do you think it was Manning that held Brady and Co. to 17 pts? Unlike the 40 odd they twice put up on us? The focus this year needs to be defense and a MLB like Willis, along with Miller, would make the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers **** their pants.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Offensive free agents look at the production of this offense and run...Desean Jackson laughed when asked about playing with the broncos...

the outlook of this team is Defense free agency, Offense in the draft...how many CBs and safeties have they drafted last few years? wheres Vaughn? Syd? theres a huge hole right up the middle..from having no beef at the DT to a 2nd string MLB starting...you know what you get with free agents..rookies are a crap shoot.