PDA

View Full Version : Rumors on Tebow.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

snowspot66
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
really?! did you watch the KC game,buffalo game NE? he regressed.

That's what young players do. Have a good week and then have bad ones. How is this unexpected?

Archer81
02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
minn. OK, chicago he flat out sucked. if it weren't for marion barber screwing up we would've lost. not to mention our defense going against a team with a back up QB & RB ryan leaf could've won that game. pittsburgh got cocky playing 0 coverage.

Whatever gets you through the night, man.

:Broncos:

Miss I.
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM
hmm, so I heard another Tebow rumor while in Amsterdam the other day whilst ice skating on the canals. Apparently, once when Tebow came to visit Amsterdam, all the little children of the world gathered around him and he lead them unto the tulip fields and fed them gouda cheese and they sang, "I want to give the world a Coke". True story that.

Archer81
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
hmm, so I heard another Tebow rumor while in Amsterdam the other day whilst ice skating on the canals. Apparently, once when Tebow came to visit Amsterdam, all the little children of the world gathered around him and he lead them unto the tulip fields and fed them gouda cheese and they sang, "I want to give the world a Coke". True story that.

While wearing wooden shoes and building windmills?

Dedhed
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
it would be an absolute disgrace if he didnt get to QB this team next year. I'm all for bringing in another guy for depth just in case he goes down or regresses but I don't want to see anyone under center Week 1

Well in that case, you're a full-fledged "Teboner".

Miss I.
02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
While wearing wooden shoes and building windmills?

well of course...The kids then led Tim to the redlight district, where upon Tebow's mere presence caused all the women in the windows to Tebow. Tim did not see this of course because his sweet innocent eyes were averted, but rather he got upon a bicycle and carried all the children on his shoulders to sing at a choir in the large cathedral.

Dedhed
02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
he regressed.I'm not sure you fully grasp this concept you speak of.

peacepipe
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure you fully grasp this concept you speak of.well tell me how he progressed in the KC game,for example.

lonestar
02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
That's what young players do. Have a good week and then have bad ones. How is this unexpected?

IIRC brady sucked one of his games late in the season..

Crucify him..

Dedhed
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
well tell me how he progressed in the KC game,for example.

That's not what I said. What I'm saying is that I don't think you understand the difference between inconsistency and regression.

Dedhed
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
IIRC brady sucked one of his games late in the season..

Crucify him..
He's clearly regressed.

lonestar
02-13-2012, 05:08 PM
He's clearly regressed.

judged on Bronco fans expectations. Maybe they should cut him.. .

EmpireOrange
02-14-2012, 07:33 AM
http://timesfour.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/938109321/m/2454092587

Dude, why do you keep on posting that article of Simms on Rogers. Show me an article quetioning his mechanics and throwing motion before, or directly after, the 2005 draft. Simms is simply bloviating, that's what media types do. Bottom line is he wasn't questioning his mechanics in 2005, nor was anybody else. His slip in the draft was due to being a Tedford-system QB. And comparing Tebow to Rodgers is a game you teboners will lose every time. I'm only trying to help you brainchilds benchmark Tebow's progress to more feasable standards: Rivers and Kozar.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/64079.html
http://football.about.com/od/playerprofiles/p/aaronrogers.htm

Dedhed
02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Dude, why do you keep on posting that article of Simms on Rogers. Show me an article quetioning his mechanics and throwing motion before, or directly after, the 2005 draft. Simms is simply bloviating, that's what media types do. Bottom line is he wasn't questioning his mechanics in 2005, nor was anybody else. His slip in the draft was due to being a Tedford-system QB. And comparing Tebow to Rodgers is a game you teboners will lose every time. I'm only trying to help you brainchilds benchmark Tebow's progress to more feasable standards: Rivers and Kozar.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2005-04-24-rodgers-heir_x.htm
"Questions about Rodgers involve his throwing mechanics, ability to consistently deliver the long ball, and even his coaching. California coach Jeff Tedford has groomed a significant number of excellent college passers who have not always translated to the pros. Kyle Boller, his most recent draftee, has struggled early in his Baltimore Ravens career."

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-made-a-career-audible-with-packers-4p3loj7-136856133.html

If someone had asked after his first season whether Rodgers had a better chance to be a star or a bust, I might have answered bust. Many personnel people probably would have, too.

As a rookie, Rodgers' six substantial outings included a scrimmage against Buffalo, four exhibition games and the fourth quarter of a December night game in Baltimore.

He was brutal every time out.

In each of the exhibition games, Brett Favre started before turning it over to Rodgers. Until his 20th and final series, when the Packers scored a touchdown in Tennessee with the aid of a 33-yard penalty for pass interference, Rodgers had not generated a point. Sixteen possessions ended with punts, two on interceptions and one on a fumble.

If the No. 2 quarterback job had been awarded based on performance in training camp and games, it would have gone to Craig Nall hands-down.

Against the Ravens, Rodgers threw an interception, fumbled twice and was sacked three times.

As the 2006 draft drew near, Rodgers told NFL Network that he had heard the rumors of the Packers possibly selecting a quarterback with the No. 5 selection in a move that would likely end his career in Green Bay. Ted Thompson, the general manager who had drafted Rodgers with the No. 24 pick the year before, didn't rule it out.

A month before the draft, a panel of 18 personnel men were asked to compare Rodgers against that year's quarterback pool led by Matt Leinart, Vince Young and Jay Cutler. Not only didn't Rodgers draw any first-place votes, he had only one second and three thirds. Eleven scouts put him fourth, and three others even had him behind Brodie Croyle and Charlie Whitehurst.

Go read the whole article. Gives some great perspective.

bendog
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I hear he's in LA reading green eggs and ham over the internet , and denying any hookup with Katy Perry

I guess he'll have time because he can show up a little late for day one and not miss anything he needs

http://www.quarterbackacademy.com/2011-osd-norcal-ca/

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2005-04-24-rodgers-heir_x.htm
"Questions about Rodgers involve his throwing mechanics, ability to consistently deliver the long ball, and even his coaching. California coach Jeff Tedford has groomed a significant number of excellent college passers who have not always translated to the pros. Kyle Boller, his most recent draftee, has struggled early in his Baltimore Ravens career."

Come on Ded. I was told throwin' the long ball is the easy part. Anyone can do it.

Heyneck
02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-made-a-career-audible-with-packers-4p3loj7-136856133.html

Go read the whole article. Gives some great perspective.

Great article! You should have warned EmpireOrange of lubing up prior to reading it. Must have hurt to be so wrong!

Here is another interesting part of the article that will enrage Rodgers acolytes around here:

The coaching change from Mike Sherman to Mike McCarthy could have been the kiss of death for Rodgers. McCarthy preferred Alex Smith to Rodgers before the 2005 draft.

and

Last week, that same scout said, "After his second preseason, if they had released him, I don't know that anybody would have been shocked. I mean, he wasn't a very good player. He couldn't make a play."

and found this really interesting:

In those first two seasons, Rodgers had been much more of a by-the-book quarterback.

He had been taught at California by coach Jeff Tedford to carry the ball high near his ear, on the so-called "shelf." Rodgers insisted that it quickened his release and sharpened his accuracy, but it also limited his ability to vary his release point against pressure and probably prevented him from really driving the ball downfield.

McCarthy has said the Packers worked with Rodgers to carry the ball lower to enhance his natural throwing motion, and by about his third year his ball positioning no longer was an issue.

Dedhed
02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
"After his second preseason, if they had released him, I don't know that anybody would have been shocked. I mean, he wasn't a very good player. He couldn't make a play."

How can this be? We know full well that a QB cannot improve after they've been in the league so long.

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Great article! You should have warned EmpireOrange of lubing up prior to reading it. Must have hurt to be so wrong!

Here is another interesting part of the article that will enrage Rodgers acolytes around here:

I also loved where they talked about Aaron holding onto the ball too long, and how he didn't correct that until even later. Sound familiar?

But it's really not even about Rodgers. It's just further evidence that great NFL QB's are maybe half raw natural talent and half an amalgamation of their own hard work, coaching, situation, and instincts.

To me, that makes it even harder to give up on a young QB who's shown good instincts, tons of heart, and unbeatable work ethic. This idea that you can't learn to improve a throwing motion, or a 3-step drop is insane.

CEH
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Tebow's going to CLEV the first week of FA right? I mean that was what was posted a while back as "Inside Information". He'll be CLEV messagboard problem in a few weeks? Correct?

IdahoBronco7
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Haters - nana nana na na

Teboners - nana nana na na, nana nana na na

Haters - He did so !

Teboners - He did not !

Haters - Did.

Teboners - Did not.

Haters - Did !

Teboners - Did not !

Haters - Kiss mine !

Teboners - No you kiss mine !

Haters - Well F you !

Teboners - No F you !

Conclusion -

Fcuk 'em all and feed 'em fish heads !

TonyR
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
This idea that you can't learn to improve a throwing motion, or a 3-step drop is insane.

Well, possibly no more insane than assuming the odds favor young players turning things around and turning into Aaron Rodgers over ending up holding a clipboard or washing out of the league.

I suggest that when you're done congratulating yourself for somehow being right you read the scouting report on Rodgers coming out of college linked below. I'll give you a taste:

QB Aaron Rodgers - Packers

Draft Insiders’ - Yearbook '05 Scouting Report - Aaron Rodgers was our Top Overall #1 Prospect. He went late in the 1st round to Green Bay at the 24th overall pick.

1. * Aaron Rodgers #8 - 6'2" 220 lbs. - Cal - Sp. 4.7 Rating 92
Hindu Theory - Joe Montana
Talented strong-armed junior passer finished his career with back-to-back excellent efforts as a junior and sophomore. Aaron is an excellent passer who combines arm strength, mechanics and delivery to make all the throws. He is a well-built athlete with both a live arm and quick feet to give an offense a versatile threat under center. He has developed quickly as an athlete, improving in every aspect of QB play over his two-year starting career under the tutelage of HC Jeff Tedford. He has filled out as an athlete and possesses a strong live arm with the mobility to be a threat on the perimeter and the agility to throw on the move. He has quick footwork that creates passing lanes and allows him to avoid the pass rush, though he has only adequate footspeed to scramble outside the pocket. He has a compact quick delivery with sound mechanics that allows him to throw the ball very accurately on a game to game basis.
http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/1288

LOL Sounds exactly like Tebow! ROFL!

jhns
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Tebow is much better than Rodgers. Please stop with the silly comparisons.

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, possibly no more insane than assuming the odds favor young players turning things around and turning into Aaron Rodgers over ending up holding a clipboard or washing out of the league.http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/1288

LOL Sounds exactly like Tebow! ROFL!

Hey, we can both cherry pick scouting reports all day. You can pick one that had Rodgers going #1 when he ended up slipping to 24... Obviously the NFL didn't concur with that report, but more power to ya. Once the games start, the scouting reports are trash.

But when you talk about who the 'odds favor' Let's be honest. The odds don't favor any 1st round QB being the real deal. Far more fail than succeed. The scouting reports turned out all wrong. It's the nature of the business.

And two years into the Aaron Rodgers experience, there was 0 indication he was anything other than a bust. What's really funny is a lot of what Rodgers did was go back to what was natural to him. He'd been coached for years to keep the ball high and the motion short. Turns out that the 'one size fits all NFL throwing motion" didn't suit Rodgers. And when he met coaching that understood that, he improved dramatically.

You've gotta put away the cookie cutters unless you want a cookie cutter quarterback (exhibit A, Orton, Kyle)

jhns
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Rodgers was on the bench in his second year.

Tebow was winning a playoff game in his second year.

Rodgers doesn't play and his team doesn't miss a beat.

Tebow doesn't play and his team goes 1-4, or 4-14.

Again, stop with the stupid comparison. Rodgers isn't half the QB that Tebow is.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Again, stop with the stupid comparison. Rodgers isn't half the QB that Tebow is.

well this is just a daft comparison.

Rodgers was on the bench behind Brett Favre, a future HOF. Tebow was behind Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn...not the same situation whatsoever

Rodgers is on a more complete team, that doesn't mean his not being in the game is not a game changer. otherwise, Tom Brady is not a factor in NE, since Matt Cassel stepped in and they went to the playoffs.

The last thing about 1 - 4 or 4 -14, you could also postulate some crap based on Orton's first season here too, we did start out 6 - 0 with the guy.

Your numbers are ridiculous. the comparison is nonsense.

Right now Rodgers is all around a better QB than Tebow. He's played longer, he's won a Superbowl, but time will tell as Tim develops and he has stronger targets to work wiht. However, right now to say Tim is better than Aaron Rodgers is dangerously misguided. Does he have the potential, possibly, but right now, Aaron is already both a mobile QB and has depth in the passing game, Tim does not, doesn't mean he won't get there too. Kid has only played as starter for less than a full season with limited off season. Next season should be interesting especially if we can make decent off season acquisitions.

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
well this is just a daft comparison.

Rodgers was on the bench behind Brett Favre, a future HOF. Tebow was behind Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn...not the same situation whatsoever

Rodgers is on a more complete team, that doesn't mean his not being in the game is not a game changer. otherwise, Tom Brady is not a factor in NE, since Matt Cassel stepped in and they went to the playoffs.

The last thing about 1 - 4 or 4 -14, you could also postulate some crap based on Orton's first season here too, we did start out 6 - 0 with the guy.

Your numbers are ridiculous. the comparison is nonsense.

Right now Rodgers is all around a better QB than Tebow. He's played longer, he's won a Superbowl, but time will tell as Tim develops and he has stronger targets to work wiht. However, right now to say Tim is better than Aaron Rodgers is dangerously misguided. Does he have the potential, possibly, but right now, Aaron is already both a mobile QB and has depth in the passing game, Tim does not, doesn't mean he won't get there too. Kid has only played as starter for less than a full season with limited off season. Next season should be interesting especially if we can make decent off season acquisitions.

Rodgers was on the bench. Your excuses don't change the facts.

The Pats were MUCH worse with Cassel. Making the playoffs means nothing. They were 18-1, and set a **** load of records, before Cassel took over. They didn't come close to matching that.

Orton took over an extremely injured 8-8 team. He took a very healthy team to 8-8 the next season. That is with Nolan taking the worst defense in franchise history, and making them top ten. Go ahead and make the comparison, I would love to hear it.

Rodgers was out the last week and his backup went for like 500 yards and 6 TDs. They beat a pretty good team that week.

My numbere are facts and the entire point is that the comparison is ridiculous. Rodgers isn't even half the QB that Tebow is. Many QBs can win, and look good, with that kind of talent around them. The best, like Elway, can do it without all of that talent around them.

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
If nothing else, this board sure does have some great trolls.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
If nothing else, this board sure does have some great trolls.

this is true, sadly. Gawd between Jhns and Spider right now we've got both extreme sides covered.

Archer81
02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
this is true, sadly. Gawd between Jhns and Spider right now we've got both extreme sides covered.

Careful. Don't want to be called raider fan.

:wiggle:

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Careful. Don't want to be called raider fan.

:wiggle:

She seems more like a cheese fan with all this "Rodgers is way better than Tebow" nonsense. What are you seeing that would make her a raiders ran?

Archer81
02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
She seems more like a cheese fan with all this "Rodgers is way better than Tebow" nonsense. What are you seeing that would make her a raiders ran?

She also likes Tony Gonzalez. Maybe she is a Falcon's fan spy? You better get right on it.

oubronco

LOL We know your in love with Tebow but C'mon man Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis

I need to stake out some kind of position as a middle-of-the-road troll.

Suck it guys. Tebow's going to be our QB for the next 15 years. And he'll be mediocre every year and go 7-9 or 8-8 every season. He'll throw just enough 300 yard games to piss you off.

TonyR
02-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Rodgers isn't even half the QB that Tebow is.

ROFL! And the scary thing is I don't know whether or not he's being serious!

jhns
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I need to stake out some kind of position as a middle-of-the-road troll.

Suck it guys. Tebow's going to be our QB for the next 15 years. And he'll be mediocre every year and go 7-9 or 8-8 every season. He'll throw just enough 300 yard games to piss you off.

LOL

The middle of the road troll sounds like it would be the hardest to pull off.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM

I never said that. I did say he's better than him RIGHT NOW. Dude has more years and a superbowl ring, I hope he's playing at a higher level than a guy who has been starter for less than a full season with a team that is practically a quilt with all the patchwork going on. And I can appreciate Aaron's QB skills without actually being a green bay fan, just as I think Tom Brady is a great QB, doesn't diminish Tim to appreciate other skills, unless they are a Raider and then I cannot see through blind hatred, but other than that I can appreciate others skills but love my team better and even love Tim better. Tim is a Bronco that is why I love him. If he leaves, I will wish him well, but I will love the Broncos forever and cheer on whoever wears our team colors. I liked Jay, he left, I was bitter about it, but I wish him well, hope he succeeds in everything accept against the Broncos then I want him to be Von Millered into a big pile of crybabyiness, but that's just cuz I like brutality on football fields. ;D

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I never said that. I did say he's better than him RIGHT NOW. Dude has more years and a superbowl ring, I hope he's playing at a higher level than a guy who has been starter for less than a full season with a team that is practically a quilt with all the patchwork going on. And I can appreciate Aaron's QB skills without actually being a green bay fan, just as I think Tom Brady is a great QB, doesn't diminish Tim to appreciate other skills, unless they are a Raider and then I cannot see through blind hatred, but other than that I can appreciate others skills but love my team better and even love Tim better. Tim is a Bronco that is why I love him. If he leaves, I will wish him well, but I will love the Broncos forever and cheer on whoever wears our team colors. I liked Jay, he left, I was bitter about it, but I wish him well, hope he succeeds in everything accept against the Broncos then I want him to be Von Millered into a big pile of crybabyiness, but that's just cuz I like brutality on football fields. ;D

You've yet to compare either QB on the ability to grow a pornstache.

I come to the OM for top-shelf analysis. I'm not sure how this has gone unaddressed for so long.

Miss I.
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
You've yet to compare either QB on the ability to grow a pornstache.

I come to the OM for top-shelf analysis. I'm not sure how this has gone unaddressed for so long.

I always thought Jake Plummer had the better pornstache. That's my position and I am sticking with it. ;D

bronco militia
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
what happened to the vick/tebow thread?

bendog
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
yeah, it didn't even make it to the butt?

BroncoBeavis
02-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I always thought Jake Plummer had the better pornstache. That's my position and I am sticking with it. ;D

hmmm

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSjEh4V2vlOLyQ-e4W4MZ3_R0dYAy5p0Cj09q1lT0-WynvXMo7http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX_Fenl7HtlkbyQY_FlIILszhiq3T3u 5t-BRqwEggMGOo30-MmJw

Shananahan
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Jake Plummer: beautiful pedophile.

errand
02-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Aaron had a HoF QB starting in front of him not to mention having to come out of a huge shadow in Favre....

Tebow had to overcome Kyle Orton....

God you're stupid.....

Dedhed
02-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Aaron had a HoF QB starting in front of him not to mention having to come out of a huge shadow in Favre....
Does that change the fact that he had as many doubters as Tebow going into his 3rd year?

jhns
02-14-2012, 09:15 PM

God you're stupid.....

As if they had a problem getting rid of Favre after Rodgers was ready...

Bench vs Starter

Your excuses are lame.

lonestar
02-14-2012, 09:44 PM

God you're stupid.....

Actually Tebow has John in the shadows. He casts a bigger shadow in DEN than Farve does/did in GB.. Way to many HOF players and coaches in GB for one guy (farve) to be a God.

NO ONE has forgotten Elway therefore every new QB is measured against the MAN..

Missouribronc
02-15-2012, 12:14 AM

Wow.

Shananahan
02-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah. Most of the idiotic hyperbole that gets thrown around here just amuses me, but that post is stupefying.

jhns
02-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Actually Tebow has John in the shadows. He casts a bigger shadow in DEN than Farve does/did in GB.. Way to many HOF players and coaches in GB for one guy (farve) to be a God.

As if that fanbase cared about the QB that was playing for a rival team... Tebow haters are just stupid.

jhns
02-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Wow.

Yeah, we are seeing that the haters can't even argue with what I say. The facts are putting the haters in their place.

bendog
02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
I heard Tim is envious, which is a sin

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/matt-barkley-posts-picture-valentine-just-sad-200820878.html

IdahoBronco7
02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah. Most of the idiotic hyperbole that gets thrown around here just amuses me, but that post is stupefying.

I try to be interesting, but I'm not a troll. I'll be around for a long time. And most the banner is very interesting around here........there's more bich slapping than pure football talk....very amusing.

peacepipe
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
That's not what I said. What I'm saying is that I don't think you understand the difference between inconsistency and regression.lets see the good/great ones throw the ball good on a consistent basis,the bad ones don't throw the ball good on a consistent basis.every QB from ryan leaf to david Carr were able to throw a good pass but they sucked because they couldn't do it on a consistent basis.

errand
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Does that change the fact that he had as many doubters as Tebow going into his 3rd year?

He was implying that Tebow is greater than Rodgers because Tim was starting in his 2nd year, and Rodgers was still on the bench behind Favre.

errand
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
As if they had a problem getting rid of Favre after Rodgers was ready...

Bench vs Starter

Your excuses are lame.

Excuses? You're just stupid man....

Favre retired, Rodgers was annointed the starter....then Bret had a change of heart, and if he'd have not done that the team would not have traded him to NYJ.

The point being was until Favre left Rodgers wasn't gonna start in GB....Regardless Rodgers is a much better QB than Tebow is, and probably ever could be.

errand
02-15-2012, 08:27 PM

No...Griese had to play in the shadow of Elway. And while Elway is the gold standard of Broncos QB, he hasn't played in almost 15 years....your take is like claiming Matt Cassel is playing in the shadow of Len Dawson.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Rodgers was on the bench. Your excuses don't change the facts.

The Pats were MUCH worse with Cassel. Making the playoffs means nothing. They were 18-1, and set a **** load of records, before Cassel took over. They didn't come close to matching that.

Orton took over an extremely injured 8-8 team. He took a very healthy team to 8-8 the next season. That is with Nolan taking the worst defense in franchise history, and making them top ten. Go ahead and make the comparison, I would love to hear it.

Rodgers was out the last week and his backup went for like 500 yards and 6 TDs. They beat a pretty good team that week.

My numbere are facts and the entire point is that the comparison is ridiculous. Rodgers isn't even half the QB that Tebow is. Many QBs can win, and look good, with that kind of talent around them. The best, like Elway, can do it without all of that talent around them.

Your facts on Cassel arent correct. He threw for more consecutive 400 yard games than Brady ever had. Also, he went 11-5 after not having any practice in the off season with the 1st team. Im not saying he's a great QB or anything like that, simply pointing out that you are incorrect on your Cassel reference.

My own opinion on the matter is that Tebow is good for about 10 points a game. Thats not winning football. He may have won. But the Broncos won despite Tebows play. Not because of it. That doesn't mean he has no value. But that you place too much of it on him. Your defense was the reason for winning. Dont tell me about Tebows influence on the defense either. It was Von Millers influence in the defense that had you winning games. Its an insult to Miller to suck Tebows cock to the degree some of you do. Hell, Im a Chiefs fan and I feel for the guy. He should have been team MVP and he gets dissed over a media darling that produced less than practically any other QB in the league.

Its like saying that Rex Grossman was the reason the Bears went to the Superbowl a few years ago.

Ridiculous.

BroncoBeavis
02-16-2012, 06:45 AM
No...Griese had to play in the shadow of Elway. And while Elway is the gold standard of Broncos QB, he hasn't played in almost 15 years....your take is like claiming Matt Cassel is playing in the shadow of Len Dawson.

Except the majority of Cheaps fans aren't old enough to have ever seen Dawson play. The guy's gotta be almost 80 by now.

BroncoBeavis
02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Your facts on Cassel arent correct. He threw for more consecutive 400 yard games than Brady ever had. Also, he went 11-5 after not having any practice in the off season with the 1st team. Im not saying he's a great QB or anything like that, simply pointing out that you are incorrect on your Cassel reference.

My own opinion on the matter is that Tebow is good for about 10 points a game. Thats not winning football. He may have won. But the Broncos won despite Tebows play. Not because of it. That doesn't mean he has no value. But that you place too much of it on him. Your defense was the reason for winning. Dont tell me about Tebows influence on the defense either. It was Von Millers influence in the defense that had you winning games. Its an insult to Miller to suck Tebows cock to the degree some of you do. Hell, Im a Chiefs fan and I feel for the guy. He should have been team MVP and he gets dissed over a media darling that produced less than practically any other QB in the league.

Its like saying that Rex Grossman was the reason the Bears went to the Superbowl a few years ago.

Ridiculous.

Tebow won some games without scoring tons of points. But he was also taking care of the ball. We can point to games Kyle O lost where he had as many points off his turnovers as points scored. That's much worse.

And I'm not sure why it matters what Cassel did in NE. In a Cheaps uni he looks far more Brodie than Brady.

jhns
02-16-2012, 06:55 AM

Ridiculous.

11-5 = 18-1

You haters are brilliant...

The team was 4-14 without Tebow, and they won in spite of him. Just LOL @ the stupidity.

jhns
02-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Excuses? You're just stupid man....

Favre retired, Rodgers was annointed the starter....then Bret had a change of heart, and if he'd have not done that the team would not have traded him to NYJ.

The point being was until Favre left Rodgers wasn't gonna start in GB....Regardless Rodgers is a much better QB than Tebow is, and probably ever could be.

You have no point. They clearly were willing to get rid of Favre after Rodgers was good enough. He wasn't good enough in his second year. This is reality. I get that it is far too complicated for your small brain...

TonyR
02-16-2012, 06:59 AM
My own opinion on the matter is that Tebow is good for about 10 points a game. Thats not winning football. He may have won. But the Broncos won despite Tebows play. Not because of it. That doesn't mean he has no value. But that you place too much of it on him. Your defense was the reason for winning. Dont tell me about Tebows influence on the defense either.

I partially agree with this. But the conservative style of offense we played did help the defense some, along with not turning the ball over. But yes, many people do give Tebow far too much credit although he does deserve some. What we did last year is not sustainable. Tebow has to massively improve his passing ability.

jhns
02-16-2012, 07:00 AM

LOL

Yeah, that is why you demand that a second year player is as polished as Manning and Brady... There is no Elway shadow!

You get dumber by the post.

TonyR
02-16-2012, 07:01 AM
11-5 = 18-1

Brady is far better than Cassel, that's a no brainer. But you can't compare the seasons. Too many different circumstances beyond just Brady's injury. 11-5 is a very good year regardless of what they did the prior season.

BroncoBeavis
02-16-2012, 07:03 AM
You have no point. They clearly were willing to get rid of Favre after Rodgers was good enough. He wasn't good enough in his second year. This is reality. I get that it is far too complicated for your small brain...

I love that the Packers had enough doubts they were even thinking about taking another QB in the first round that second year but the hatas still stick with Rodgers being born all-world.

jhns
02-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Brady is far better than Cassel, that's a no brainer. But you can't compare the seasons. Too many different circumstances beyond just Brady's injury. 11-5 is a very good year regardless of what they did the prior season.

The argument isn't if 11-5 is a good year. Try to keep up dumbass...

11-5 is not an improvement from 18-1. It isn't as good as 18-1. You can claim whatever you want. These are facts.

bendog
02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I heard he's going down to Scottsdale to compete for a spot in the starting rotation, but there are concerns about his mechanics and especially his control pitching from the stretch.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:04 PM

LOL. You're another one thats going to look like an idiot when Tebow flunks out of the NFL.

What you claim are facts are your opinion only. Then you talk down to people so that you feel correct. Hows that for facts?

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
11-5 = 18-1

The team was 4-14 without Tebow, and they won in spite of him. Just LOL @ the stupidity.

Why do I have to be a hater? Because I disagree with you? You're kind of a doofus, aint ya slick?

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL. You're another one thats going to look like an idiot when Tebow flunks out of the NFL.

What you claim are facts are your opinion only. Then you talk down to people so that you feel correct. Hows that for facts?

No, I used facts. You will learn what a fact is when you finish your fourth attempt at the second grade...

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Why do I have to be a hater? Because I disagree with you? You're kind of a doofus, aint ya slick?

You are either a hater or really stupid. I was giving you the benifit of the doubt. I'm starting to think that was a mistake.

Go ahead and explain how the team siddenly started winning in spite of the QB the second Tebow came in. They all just suddenly got good at halftime in the SD game!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Crazy horse wait till he calls you a raider troll for not agreeing with his 3rd grade crayon logic.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I partially agree with this. But the conservative style of offense we played did help the defense some, along with not turning the ball over. But yes, many people do give Tebow far too much credit although he does deserve some. What we did last year is not sustainable. Tebow has to massively improve his passing ability.

I understand how a defense can help the O. In the Broncos case though, the coaches were so afraid to let Tebow run the offense that they called runs over passes. Tebow threw 10-15 times a game due to coaches fear. Ads thhe year progtressed and the coaches started to let him throw it more, there were several more turnovers.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
You are either a hater or really stupid. I was giving you the benifit of the doubt. I'm starting to think that was a mistake.

Go ahead and explain how the team siddenly started winning in spite of the QB the second Tebow came in. They all just suddenly got good at halftime in the SD game!

Because the coaches were so afraid to let thim throw it, you ran the football 50 times a game.

Since I answered your question do the same for me. How is 10 points a game winning football for a QB? Dont you need a great defense to win with that poor of an output?

Thanks. I await your brilliance.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

I'm pretty sure we can go back into the archives and find posts of you praising Bob Slowik and Mitch Berger. Then muddled posts about anyone disagreeing with you as being idiots.

Your posts look like stirred up alpha bet soup. No substance and in complete disarray

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I understand how a defense can help the O. In the Broncos case though, the coaches were so afraid to let Tebow run the offense that they called runs over passes. Tebow threw 10-15 times a game due to coaches fear. Ads thhe year progtressed and the coaches started to let him throw it more, there were several more turnovers.

The last two years:

4-14 without Tebow

9-7 with Tebow, including a playoff win

Winning in spite of Tebow!

LOL @ the stupidity

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure we can go back into the archives and find posts of you praising Bob Slowik and Mitch Berger. Then muddled posts about anyone disagreeing with you as being idiots.

Your posts look like stirred up alpha bet soup. No substance and in complete disarray

Then do it.

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Because the coaches were so afraid to let thim throw it, you ran the football 50 times a game.

Since I answered your question do the same for me. How is 10 points a game winning football for a QB? Dont you need a great defense to win with that poor of an output?

Thanks. I await your brilliance.

We averaged more than ten points a game, so you are just an idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Controlling the clock and limiting turnovers, has won games since football was invented. Running is also key to winning. These all make the defenses job easy.

Football 101.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Crazy horse wait till he calls you a raider troll for not agreeing with his 3rd grade crayon logic.

He is dumb.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
We averaged more than ten points a game, so you are just an idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Yes, many of those points came on pick sixes on the defense. He seldom was responsible for more than 1 TD a game, and was unable to score even one TD in some games. I think in the 2 games where we played you guys he might have score 1 TD between them. Even though you won one of those games, thats poor output. Thats a fact, wouldnt you agree?

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Gotta run. It's been fun slappin ya around jhns. Good to see someone fightin back for the mentally challenged.

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Controlling the clock and limiting turnovers, has won games since football was invented. Running is also key to winning. These all make the defenses job easy.

Football 101.

That and playing good defense. I think you're coming around.

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes, many of those points came on pick sixes on the defense. He seldom was responsible for more than 1 TD a game, and was unable to score even one TD in some games. I think in the 2 games where we played you guys he might have score 1 TD between them. Even though you won one of those games, thats poor output. Thats a fact, wouldnt you agree?

LOL

Damn you are an idiot. You don't have a single point correct in this.

4-14 without him. 9-7 and a playoff win with him. He is holding us back! LOL

crazyhorse
02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
LOL

Damn you are an idiot. You don't have a single point correct in this.

4-14 without him. 9-7 and a playoff win with him. He is holding us back! LOL

You've been getting owned by everyone so far. I wont pile on. But you are losing all credibility you may have once had. So keep on whipping that horse buddy.

jhns
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
You've been getting owned by everyone so far. I wont pile on. But you are losing all credibility you may have once had. So keep on whipping that horse buddy.

LOL

"I am owning you with made up facts!"

Yeah you are!

Shananahan
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I think maybe it's time for jhns to take a timeout.

jhns
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I think maybe it's time for jhns to take a timeout.

I don't think we care what you think.

Play2win
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM

:spit: Hilarious!

oubronco
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Well that was fun watching Crazyhorse bytchslap jhns around LOL

jhns
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM

You would think that. You OU boys have always been pretty stupid. He hasn't gotten one thing right yet. It is easy to see why such a good "fan", like you, would stick up for the division rival troll spouting nonsense. It is funny watching you all claim that you support this team as you hate on them.

You girls make this too easy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
You would think that. You OU boys have always been pretty stupid. He hasn't gotten one thing right yet. It is easy to see why such a good "fan", like you, would stick up for the division rival troll spouting nonsense. It is funny watching you all claim that you support this team as you hate on them.

Them? More like him.

Go spank it to slowik pics.

theAPAOps5
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM

Yes, yes it was!

jhns
02-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Them? More like him.

Go spank it to slowik pics.

You go with fake numbers to hate on the Denver Bronco offense and starting QB. What great fans you are! Then you all cry when I point out that you are raider fans.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Fake numbers? I don't have enough sugar to coat a sub 50 completion percentage. You go with horrendous numbers and claim they are HOF material. I've dropped so many turds on your head so far in my short OM career. Open wide cause I got a bunch more.

jhns
02-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Fake numbers? I don't have enough sugar to coat a sub 50 completion percentage. You go with horrendous numbers and claim they are HOF material. I've dropped so many turds on your head so far in my short OM career. Open wide cause I got a bunch more.

The chiefs fan you are defending, used all fake numbers and "facts". You haven't provided any argument at all. When I asked for specifics, you just started crying. You still have yet to provide an actual point.

I love that you raider trolls actually think you are bringing real arguments to the table. It highpights raider fan intelligence.

bendog
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I heard Tim was gonna join the mile high club.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I think I've proved a point where my virtual haymakers to your face has provided some much needed pounding to arguably the worst poster in the history of OM.

jhns
02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I think I've proved a point where my virtual haymakers to your face has provided some much needed pounding to arguably the worst poster in the history of OM.

Exactly. You raider fans have nothing. You are just mad that Tebow schooled your pathetic franchise. We get it. We enjoy your tears.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Gator fans are hilarious. Jhns has never been to a broncos game before 2010. Never knew who Lelo Lang was and thinks the 3 amigos was a great movie.

College ball is more your style. Cause you can't even grasp simple football logic.

Gator troll.

jhns
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Gator fans are hilarious. Jhns has never been to a broncos game before 2009. Never knew who Lelo Lang was and thinks the 3 amigos was a great movie.

College ball is more your style. Cause you can't even grasp simple football logic.

Gator troll.

Football logic? LOL

Poor little thing.

bronco militia
02-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Gator fans are hilarious. Jhns has never been to a broncos game before 2010. Never knew who Lelo Lang was and thinks the 3 amigos was a great movie.

Gator troll.

LOLLOL

Spider
02-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Gator troll.

ROFL!

oubronco
02-17-2012, 08:41 PM

Don't need to get your panties all bunched up by reading the truth

oubronco
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Gator troll.

Awesome LOL

IdahoBronco7
02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
You stirring the pot DB or making friends ?

IdahoBronco7
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM

I doubt Tebow will ever flunk out of the NFL. If for some reason he doesn't make it as a Qb, he'll be in demand as a fullback or tight end, IMO.

bendog
02-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I hear Tim is in NY giving Lin advice on handling pressure

BroncoBeavis
02-20-2012, 03:40 PM

Gator troll.

Awesome LOL

Kick off time in Norman..

chOOOOOOOOOOke U!

Lolz @ a Soonerbater dissing UF 'football logic'

jhns
02-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with The Three Amigos.

It is funny watching raider fan get upset every time Tebow is mentioned. He did make that team look pretty bad, so it is understandable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Kick off time in Norman..

chOOOOOOOOOOke U!

Lolz @ a Soonerbater dissing UF 'football logic'

They all can't be as professional as Stanford.

CEH
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I hear Tim is in NY giving Lin advice on handling pressure

No he's in LA paling around with Phillip Rivers watching the golf tournment
Is it a coincidence that there was a miracle finish yesterday on the 18 with Tebow in the gallery following Phil

BroncoBeavis
02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
They all can't be as professional as Stanford.

Professional is in the eye of the beholder. But at least they can still both lose to Oklahoma State. :)

TonyR
03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
So, about that rumor mentioned in the OP.......anyone hear anything lately?