PDA

View Full Version : Rumors on Tebow.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
by the way how long does it take for your picture to get approved? it shows up in my profile but is not showing up on this page.

ColoradoDarin
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
by the way how long does it take for your picture to get approved? it shows up in my profile but is not showing up on this page.

Do you have avatars turned off in your User CP settings?

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
got it Darin...i got "profile picture" and avatar mixed up..

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
this place is set up pretty well..gonna take a while to get used to though..alot different than foxsports or other sites ive posted on..i like the layout here though and there seems to be alot of traffic that rolls through this site.

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Lookin' good DB, mighty handsome.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:19 PM
HA idaho..this is alot different than what we've been used to..at least Exchief and MotherTrucker cant pollute these pages..

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
this place is set up pretty well..gonna take a while to get used to though..alot different than foxsports or other sites ive posted on..i like the layout here though and there seems to be alot of traffic that rolls through this site.

Actually I think the 100 post thing has something to do with starting a new thread. This is a good set up though. Instead of copying and pasting, you just post your reply from the button on the lower right corner of the post you want to address.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Hightower probably isn't in the first-round mix right now ... he had a good season this year, but was nothing *special* to believe he will be a Patrick Willis type player.

I don't see that anywhere. Just went through 25 or more mocks, and while he does fall into the late 20's mostly, he dropped out of the 1st round in just one.

Req, my point again and again is he'll be a "Patrick Willis type" player in that he's a natural leader, signal caller and rallying point. Guys like that are hard to come by. Again, he captained and called signals for the best defense in the nation in his sophomore and junior seasons, we need a guy like that.

Dawkins is probably done, leaving a vacuum. So who? Not DJ, not Robert Ayers, not Marcus Thomas or Rahim Moore, not even Champ. I'm frickin' glad to see Hightower will likely fall to #25 ... remember Al Wilson was the 31st pick.

I don't get it. The McClain picture was a joke, dude, making light of all the 'captained the best defense' comments.
Don't understand you making light ... it's a simple fact. And as far as MLB being the position of greatest need ... if Decker comes back healthy and we re-sign Bunkley, I believe it is.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
BroncoBuff? i agree about the lack of vocals on the defense once Dawks gone...i got no faith in Goodman anymore..depending on how Vaughn or Syd does DB is going to be a need soon enough..Champ is gettin up there and may make the safety switch in the future...Janoris Jenkins would be huge...but hes gonna combine himself right into the top 10...Kirpatrick is another and is taller..im tired of seeing midgets at that position..

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM
i wondered what that was..whats the quote icon do? is that like cut and paste on fox?

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
HA idaho..this is alot different than what we've been used to..at least Exchief and MotherTrucker cant pollute these pages..

Ya, DB.....no more Alaskamos ! And just imagine, these guys know Bronco football over here. gator needs to check it out.

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
i wondered what that was..whats the quote icon do? is that like cut and paste on fox?

Use the quote button for the copy and paste.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Ya, DB.....no more Alaskamos ! And just imagine, these guys know Bronco football over here. gator needs to check it out.

ya the trolls would seem to be minimal over here..its not like Raider/Chief fans are gonna sign up here..on our page we gotta deal with those clowns on a regular basis..this place is like an orange and blue oasis...need to bring my virtual cooler and recliner over here..

gunns
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Actually I think the 100 post thing has something to do with starting a new thread. This is a good set up though. Instead of copying and pasting, you just post your reply from the button on the lower right corner of the post you want to address.

The 100 post rule is a tongue in cheek rule for newbies starting new threads. It's not something that's enforced but start a bad thread and you'll hear about it.

tesnyde
02-08-2012, 04:33 PM

We have our polluters unfortunately

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
The 100 post rule is a tongue in cheek rule for newbies starting new threads. It's not something that's enforced but start a bad thread and you'll hear about it.

i can respect that..dont want to be coming into new digs creating brain farts..this place seems far more tame than where idaho and I usually post..hows the mods around here? is it pretty much anything goes or is it under a strict regime?

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
i can respect that..dont want to be coming into new digs creating brain farts..this place seems far more tame than where idaho and I usually post..hows the mods around here? is it pretty much anything goes or is it under a strict regime?

It's pretty basic... no spamming, no racism or sexism, and the one rule that's engraved in granite is "no family smack".

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
It's pretty basic... no spamming, no racism or sexism, and the one rule that's engraved in granite is "no family smack".

Right on..ya flexing internet muscle can only get you so far..on the site i frequent sometimes you come across people punching their keyboards so hard that chunks of stupid just fall out of it..

is it mostly Broncos fans in here or do other AFC westers slither in here?

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
yeah so don't make fun of people's avatars without asking first if the person in it, is the wife, husband, child, etc...

hammer comes down hard around here in those cases!

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
yeah so don't make fun of people's avatars without asking first if the person in it, is the wife, husband, child, etc...

hammer comes down hard around here in those cases!

Maybe I shouldnt have used a self portrait then?

Rabb
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Right on..ya flexing internet muscle can only get you so far..on the site i frequent sometimes you come across people punching their keyboards so hard that chunks of stupid just fall out of it..

You will meet the worst Chiefs fan in the history of fat guys, some fully brain dead Raider fans (a couple), and a mix of other Chief and Charger fans that are more tolerable

it's not too bad, but I promise it won't take long to figure out the moron mentioned above

now, what you may really enjoy is the Blue and Orange on Blue and Orange violence that happens!

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
^5Maybe I shouldnt have used a self portrait then?

errand
02-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Which manning? The one about to be cut from the worst team in the nfl and is known to have nerve damage or the super bowl mvp?

Stfu and let the kid play. If he sucks you get to be right.

Well since Peyton is also a SB MVP, I guess the answer is sure.....

did it ever occurred to you that Peyton being on the field was the difference between the Colts being a perrenial contender, and the "worst team in the NFL"?

Peyton at even 85% is an upgrade to more than half of the teams in NFL....including ours. The "nerve damage" you claim isn't career ending, he already has been throwing according to all the pundits and news outlets. He believes he'll be ready by the end of April...

Btw, it's not about being right, it's about winning a title.....

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Well since Peyton is also a SB MVP, I guess the answer is sure.....

did it ever occurred to you that Peyton being on the field was the difference between the Colts being a perrenial contender, and the "worst team in the NFL"?

Peyton at even 85% is an upgrade to more than half of the teams in NFL....including ours. The "nerve damage" you claim isn't career ending, he already has been throwing according to all the pundits and news outlets. He believes he'll be ready by the end of April...

Btw, it's not about being right, it's about winning a title.....

http://www.japemonster.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/43.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
You will meet the worst Chiefs fan in the history of fat guys, some fully brain dead Raider fans (a couple), and a mix of other Chief and Charger fans that are more tolerable

it's not too bad, but I promise it won't take long to figure out the moron mentioned above

now, what you may really enjoy is the Blue and Orange on Blue and Orange violence that happens!

a fat chiefs fan? his name wouldnt be Mansin or Exchief would it? if that clown follows me over here we are gonna need to quarantine the place..

O and B violence seems to be going around over the last couple years..

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM

I think I'll just get to know you folks first. It is rather pleasant around here.

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
a fat chiefs fan? his name wouldnt be Mansin or Exchief would it? if that clown follows me over here we are gonna need to quarantine the place..

O and B violence seems to be going around over the last couple years..

If that's our favorite triple chin martini drinking penguin licker, I'm going to be pissed.

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM

You'll find your way around here quickly enough. :) We do have an "ignore" feature here on the Mane for those times when any "given" poster raises your blood pressure to dangerous levels. 'Course that won't help you if it's me that you find annoying; you can't ignore the mods/admin. ;D :~ohyah!:

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 05:23 PM
You'll find your way around here quickly enough. :) We do have an "ignore" feature here on the Mane for those times when any "given" poster raises your blood pressure to dangerous levels. 'Course that won't help you if it's me that you find annoying; you can't ignore the mods/admin. ;D :~ohyah!:

Never seen a mod so casual about being a mod. So we don't piss you off, I'm guessing ? And do we get a little warning before the axe, if things get heated ?

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 05:24 PM
You are worried about getting rid of Tebow and what we might have to endure, while Buff is comparing Hightower to Willis and the possibility of us getting him with a trade for picks. Smith was a #1 pick, not a #1 QB, not at all. Do you think it was Manning that held Brady and Co. to 17 pts? Unlike the 40 odd they twice put up on us? The focus this year needs to be defense and a MLB like Willis, along with Miller, would make the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers **** their pants.
I'm not worried about getting rid of Tebow since it isn't going to happen, I was merely pointing out how flawed it is to think you can improve a team by replacing its QB with a rookie MLB. And sorry, Alex Smith was a #1 overall QB.

I'm all for defense, defense, defense, but you're delusional if you think obtaining a rookie MLB by jettisoning Tebow and replacing him with some late-round QB/Matt Flynn/etc is going to make any of the other teams in the league afraid.

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Never seen a mod so casual about being a mod. So we don't piss you off, I'm guessing ? And do we get a little warning before the axe, if things get heated ?

LOL Don't get me wrong; there are those here who will tell you I'm the worst of the bunch. ;)

broncswin
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^She is the worst of the bunch!! just kiddin...there are some people on here worse than you could ever imagine

IdahoBronco7
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^She is the worst of the bunch!! just kiddin...there are some people on here worse than you could ever imagine

Nice av win ! I love the deer in the head light bug eyed helicopter move. After that play, you just knew it was going to happen.

gunns
02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not worried about getting rid of Tebow since it isn't going to happen, I was merely pointing out how flawed it is to think you can improve a team by replacing its QB with a rookie MLB. And sorry, Alex Smith was a #1 overall QB.

I'm all for defense, defense, defense, but you're delusional if you think obtaining a rookie MLB by jettisoning Tebow and replacing him with some late-round QB/Matt Flynn/etc is going to make any of the other teams in the league afraid.

You missed the point. I could care less if Tebow is jettisoned or if we bring a Matt Flynn/etc in. And no, they are not going to make another team afraid. Alex Smith did not make teams afraid but that defense did. If trading Tebow would land us a MLB that had the potential of Willis I'm all for it. MLB is the QB of the defense, right now we have David Carr at MLB.

Teams are afraid of a Brady led offense, except teams with a good defense. See SB 42 and 46. See SF against NO. If I could pick just one player in the league for the Broncos it would be Willis. Give me a Willis, a Jon Beason, a Paul Poluzny (sp), even a Jerod Mayo, who changed that NE defense after coming back from injury this year, a David Harris over a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees any day. And all of them started as rookies.

Alex Smith was a #1 draft pick. So was Jamarcus Russell.

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Give me a Willis, a Jon Beason, a Paul Poluzny (sp), even a Jerod Mayo, who changed that NE defense after coming back from injury this year, a David Harris over a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees any day.
Well.... huh. Apparently we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 06:39 PM
You missed the point. I could care less if Tebow is jettisoned or if we bring a Matt Flynn/etc in. And no, they are not going to make another team afraid. Alex Smith did not make teams afraid but that defense did. If trading Tebow would land us a MLB that had the potential of Willis I'm all for it. MLB is the QB of the defense, right now we have David Carr at MLB.

Teams are afraid of a Brady led offense, except teams with a good defense. See SB 42 and 46. See SF against NO. If I could pick just one player in the league for the Broncos it would be Willis. Give me a Willis, a Jon Beason, a Paul Poluzny (sp), even a Jerod Mayo, who changed that NE defense after coming back from injury this year, a David Harris over a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees any day. And all of them started as rookies.

Seriously, I understand the importance of a great MLB.....but WTF are you on???

McDman
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Leave the family out of it and you can basically say anything imaginable without getting banned.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM

THANK you! :notworthy

Lev Vyvanse
02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Leave the family out of it and you can basically say anything imaginable without getting banned.

Also things like:
"wtf are you doing out of the kitchen blueflame?"
are also frowned upon.

extralife
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
orange mane
jerod mayo is a more important player for the patriots than tom brady

Swedish Extrovert
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

You forgot to mention that said fat, slobby Chiefs fan has more posts than most of us.

Shananahan
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Give me a Willis, a Jon Beason, a Paul Poluzny (sp), even a Jerod Mayo, who changed that NE defense after coming back from injury this year, a David Harris over a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees any day.
I thought about this for awhile just now, and decided I should probably go ahead and quote it again.

broncos-rock
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM

What about boobs? If you post pics of boobs your a goner:yayaya:

BroncoBeavis
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I thought about this for awhile just now, and decided I should probably go ahead and quote it again.

Crazy. Ain't it.

Heyneck
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
orange mane
jerod mayo is a more important player for the patriots than tom brady

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/commandowrong.gif?w=270&h=150

extralife
02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
yeah, uhh, I know. that's why--

you know, never mind.

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Also things like:
"wtf are you doing out of the kitchen blueflame?"
are also frowned upon.

Actually, you'd get away with aiming that at me... however, posters have been banned for telling female posters to "go buy some tampons". (Crude) Sexism is frowned upon. Basically, if a "given" gender-based comment would offend you if someone else said it to your mother, wife, or daughter, then perhaps you should think twice before hitting "Submit Reply".

Blueflame
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
What about boobs? If you post pics of boobs your a goner:yayaya:

There's a place... dedicated threads... for "T & A" pics. You just have to post those pics where they belong. Yeah... openly defying an edict made by (any) forum's admin will likely result in a temporary ban.

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I usually only have trouble with fat, martini drinking chief fans, or the occasional faider that has lost his place. Where as this is an Orange and Blue site, I'm sure the trolls are minimal compare to the Fox site.

As they say, defenses win championships, but.....You ain't going to get there without a Brady or an Eli. It wasn't the pats defense that shredded Champ and co in the second round of the playoffs.

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Who's opinion about Tebow getting better carries more water? Armchair GM's, or Pro coaches, assistants and QBs??

I have now talked to at least a dozen ex- and current coaches (Dan Reeves and Jim Fassel and Bratkowski, a former long-time assistant, and Boyd Dowler, who played for the Packers and coached and scouted in the NFL for years and others off the record because they asked that their names not be used, but they are former quarterbacks), and not in any discussion did I know going in what they thought of Tebow, and I didn't push them for positive responses about him, and I was stunned that every one of them thinks he will be a great NFL quarterback. I know that there are many others who think otherwise, but these are people I trust. Fox believes in Tebow. Elway believes in Tebow as a person and as a player, but is not totally convinced about him as a quarterback. I know that many of the veteran players who were unwilling to come forward when Orton was the quarterback believe in Tebow. They have said it directly to me even when I haven't asked.

Read more: Woody's Mailbag: Maybe Tim Tebow doesn't need so much "fixing" - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19922048#ixzz1ltk5tQsT
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Elway believes in Tebow as a person and as a player, but is not totally convinced about him as a quarterback...

I've been saying this for weeks. Looks like Woody backs me up.

jhns
02-09-2012, 08:14 AM

No one should be completely sold on Tebow. You are just an idiot. Elway still believes Tebow can improve and that he should be given that chance. This is not even close to what you have argued. It is not the same as your "Tebow is a complete failure" opinion.

You want more proof of how stupid you are? You are arguing with yourself. Just try linking to a post were someone argued Elway is comoletely sold on Tebow. Shoot, expand that to anyone on this staff, not just Elway...

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Trouble is this is the case for virtually every QB in his first 16 games. You can probably count on two or three fingers the current NFL QB's were sure-fire gold after their first 16 games.

jhns
02-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Trouble is this is the case for virtually every QB in his first 16 games. You can probably count on two or three fingers the current NFL QB's were sure-fire gold after their first 16 games.

This. It is pointless to try reasoning with that moron though. I'm not sure why we try.

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
No one should be completely sold on Tebow. You are just an idiot.

LOL I am to jhns what the bell was to Pavlov's dog.

jhns
02-09-2012, 08:21 AM
LOL I am to jhns what the bell was to Pavlov's dog.

Notice how you have nothing. Too stupid for message boards.

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:21 AM

I agree. But this doesn't change the fact that Elway clearly has his doubts as his numerous comments clearly illustrate. Many want to bury their heads in the sand to this fact because it either makes them uncomfortable or it goes against their agenda/argument. Or both.

jhns
02-09-2012, 08:23 AM
I agree. But this doesn't change the fact that Elway clearly has his doubts as his numerous comments clearly illustrate. Many want to bury their heads in the sand to this fact because it either makes them uncomfortable or it goes against their agenda/argument. Or both.

Who has argued that Elway is completely sold? Go ahead and link to the post.

You are far too stupid for message boards.

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM

Reconcile this with the constant wishin' and hopin' to trade Tebow though. We've got people leaping at the chance to trade him for a 2nd and a 5th.

What are the odds of substantially improving on Tebow with a 2nd round pick? If history is any judge... not good.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
somebody used the 49ers/saints game as an example of defenses stopping great QBs..that game doesnt really count..saints average about 40 at home, 20 on the road...and the saints have never in the history of their team won 1 road playoff game...ever...Dome teams cannot play on Candlestick Mud..

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Give me a Willis, a Jon Beason, a Paul Poluzny (sp), even a Jerod Mayo, who changed that NE defense after coming back from injury this year, a David Harris over a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees any day. There aren't words to describe how pitiful this is.

"I'd take all these guys who haven't won any Super Bowls over all those guys who have won a bunch of them."

Really can you be that far detached?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Why did you leave this part out:

So I am amazed when I hear Denver media claim that players and coaches and Elway don't believe Tebow will ever be a player. I've never had one player or coach or executive at Dove Valley tell me that on or off the record, and I actually talk to them.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2012, 08:41 AM
.and the saints have never in the history of their team won 1 road playoff game...ever...Dome teams cannot play on Candlestick Mud..

That's not exactly true. The SB they won was played in Miami.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Elway being sold or not is not really the point. No GM, VP, HC, Owner should ever be sold on a QB with a 45% completion rate. The point is Tebow's ability to improve or not. Elway is giving Tebow a chance to prove himself. The Offense cannot be dumbed down any longer. They need to let him be able to call audibles and read defenses. No more inside runs up the middle when pre snap theres 10 guys in the box. Tebow didnt have an offseason last year and it showed in preseason. hes got one now and its up to him to improve where he needs to. what if Marion Barber not fumbled? or Raiders actually won a game? would this offseason have the same direction?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 08:42 AM
There aren't words to describe how pitiful this is.

"I'd take all these guys who haven't won any Super Bowls over all those guys who have won a bunch of them."

Really can you be that far detached?

A lot of people here were dropped as babies...

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
That's not exactly true. The SB they won was played in Miami.

a road game and a neutral site are 2 different things..thats why they are all up in arms about having the SB played in NY..cold weather teams clearly have an advantage in that..saints can play outdoors but their superior play definetly falls a bit.

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Tony will never post anything that points to objective reality.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 08:52 AM
im still laughing at the list of defenders taken over brady brees and peyton...besides Willis some of those guys arent even at the top..even if you said Butkus, Gradishar, and Lambert it still is a lopsided arguement...

QB position has a far greater impact on a game than the MLB position..how many times does a MLB even touch the ball compared to a QB? 10 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 pass deflections does not equate to 350 yards passing 4 TDs and 0 Ints..

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM

I left it out because it wasn't part of my point and I never said otherwise.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2012, 08:59 AM
a road game and a neutral site are 2 different things

Not to me. If it's not in New Orleans, then it's an away/road game. Just because it's also an away/road game for your opponents doesn't change that fact.

TonyR
02-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Tony will never post anything that points to objective reality.

What that I posted isn't "objective reality"? I've said Elway isn't sold. Woody said the same thing. That's all I pointed out. I can't help you with your over reaction and inability to process rationally.

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
im still laughing at the list of defenders taken over brady brees and peyton...besides Willis some of those guys arent even at the top..even if you said Butkus, Gradishar, and Lambert it still is a lopsided arguement...

QB position has a far greater impact on a game than the MLB position..how many times does a MLB even touch the ball compared to a QB? 10 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 pass deflections does not equate to 350 yards passing 4 TDs and 0 Ints..

^ THIS

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Not to me. If it's not in New Orleans, then it's an away/road game. Just because it's also an away/road game for your opponents doesn't change that fact.

even if that other team is a dome team also?

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2012, 09:09 AM
even if that other team is a dome team also?

What does that fact have to do with the location of the game? Nothing.

No matter what team out of the other 31 teams in the league is my opponent on any given day, if the game is not being played at my stadium, in front of all of my season ticket holders, it is a road game. It doesn't matter if I'm playing a "dome team" a "cold weather team" or a "warm weather team". The location of the game is all that matters.

bendog
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM

I don't know that anyone at Dove Valley said its 100% certain Tebow will be an NFL qb, however. It's certain they'll give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. It's up to him. I think Dove Valley WANTS him to be the guy because he's a nice kid and fans like him. But if doesn't execute a passing scheme in 2012, they'll be a new qb in 13.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
What does that fact have to do with the location of the game? Nothing.

No matters what team out of the other 31 teams in the league is my opponent on any given day, if the game is not being played at my stadium, in front of all of my season ticket holders, it is a road game. It doesn't matter if I'm playing a "dome team" a "cold weather team" or a "warm weather team". The location of the game is all that matters.

i think it matter alot..if Steelers or Buffalo or another team who plays in the snow would have a far greater advantage playing against the saints or dolphins or SD...if the NY superbowl had SD vs bears, the bears would have a far greater advantage...less travel, used to cold weather, their fans dont wear sandals...Phillip Rivers balls shrink up to little peas in cold weather..Cutlers doesnt.

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't know that anyone at Dove Valley said its 100% certain Tebow will be an NFL qb, however. It's certain they'll give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. It's up to him. I think Dove Valley WANTS him to be the guy because he's a nice kid and fans like him. But if doesn't execute a passing scheme in 2012, they'll be a new qb in 13.

Agree 100%

bendog
02-09-2012, 09:23 AM
ps, I hear he's in Vegas at a porn actress convention doing blow off their booties.

jhns
02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
What that I posted isn't "objective reality"? I've said Elway isn't sold. Woody said the same thing. That's all I pointed out. I can't help you with your over reaction and inability to process rationally.

Then why don't you link to this argument you are going on about? Who argued that Elway was comoletely sold? Are you just claiming victory in arguments you have with yourself now?

bronco militia
02-09-2012, 09:25 AM

http://images.free-extras.com/photo/w/wtf_is_this_dog-214.jpg

we need a mod ASAP. this kind of post is not allowed at the Mane.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:27 AM

i agree also. Elway took his time choosing the right words this time around than his words last summer, or his interview mid season. By saying hes "earned the right to be the starting QB going into camp" hes left it up to Tebow and his ability to improve the areas he needs.. sub 50% completion rate does not keep your job in the NFL long term.. Tebow knows that and will give 100% effort into making improvements..his work ethic is amazing and Elway knows that, which is why they do think he can improve.

Drunk Monkey
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
i think it matter alot..if Steelers or Buffalo or another team who plays in the snow would have a far greater advantage playing against the saints or dolphins or SD...if the NY superbowl had SD vs Steelers, the Steelers would have a far greater advantage...less travel, used to cold weather, their fans dont wear sandals...Phillip Rivers balls shrink up to little peas in cold weather..big bens doesnt.

SD vs Steelers Super Bowl???

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
SD vs Steelers Super Bowl???

HA thats what i tried to edit...im still drunk from partying at Spanish Bay last night..i meant SD vs. Chicago or another cold weather team east of the rockies.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
im gonna do some "bradying" when Belichick passes the 15th hole, then im going to follow that up with some Gronkin'

bendog
02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
i agree also. Elway took his time choosing the right words this time around than his words last summer, or his interview mid season. By saying hes "earned the right to be the starting QB going into camp" hes left it up to Tebow and his ability to improve the areas he needs.. sub 50% completion rate does not keep your job in the NFL long term.. Tebow knows that and will give 100% effort into making improvements..his work ethic is amazing and Elway knows that, which is why they do think he can improve.

I think the early moves to trade Orton were on the belief that Tebow would be ready to build on 2011, but it quickly became apparant in camp that he'd regressed without coaching during the lockout. I'm not going back to find them, but there were also reports that during the losing streak, prior to inserting Tebow after the bye week, Orton was wearing a soft hat in practice and not exerting positive leadership, which is why he not only lost the job but was cut.

I don't have any info or belief as to what % of chance of success Elway or Fox give to Tebow. Hell, after the two headed monster McCoy was running, I'm not at all sure what kind of offense they envision.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the early moves to trade Orton were on the belief that Tebow would be ready to build on 2011, but it quickly became apparant in camp that he'd regressed without coaching during the lockout. I'm not going back to find them, but there were also reports that during the losing streak, prior to inserting Tebow after the bye week, Orton was wearing a soft hat in practice and not exerting positive leadership, which is why he not only lost the job but was cut.

I don't have any info or belief as to what % of chance of success Elway or Fox give to Tebow. Hell, after the two headed monster McCoy was running, I'm not at all sure what kind of offense they envision.

HA ya..i knew when they hired Fox it would definetly be run heavy..3 yards and a cloud of dust..Fox handprints all over this team though. last year they were bottom of league in sacks and rushing..this year 1st rushing and toward the top in sacks..if Fox believed in the QBs that floated in Carolina, hes got to believe in Tebow..Delhomme? Moore and Pierre?

bendog
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
HA ya..i knew when they hired Fox it would definetly be run heavy..3 yards and a cloud of dust..Fox handprints all over this team though. last year they were bottom of league in sacks and rushing..this year 1st rushing and toward the top in sacks..if Fox believed in the QBs that floated in Carolina, hes got to believe in Tebow..Delhomme? Moore and Pierre?

Hell, shanny was run heavy. But even after Elway, shanny had two wrs over 1000 yds in a single season at least once. I just don't have any idea how sophisticated the reads they'll require.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Hell, shanny was run heavy. But even after Elway, shanny had two wrs over 1000 yds in a single season at least once. I just don't have any idea how sophisticated the reads they'll require.

the ole zone blocking days...one cut and gone..Alex Gibbs..i remember Shanny had gone through so many RBs he had to call up Tatum who was working as a cell phone store manager...dude came in and still produced..those were the days you could plug anyone back there and get production..they would just run into the back of the left guard and fall to the ground like Knowsho does

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM

He's also a two time National Champ and a Heisman trophy winner. Tebow took us to the playoffs for the first time in years, where as Orton would have fallen way short. McDumb**** getting fired 2 years ago, the Qb carnival last year along with all the media trying to squash him like a bug...........just give the kid a chance in a normal setting, such as this year, and hide and watch. He's going to do good.

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
All you pointed out was the cherry picked part that lines up with your subjectivity, and, like always, completely ignored everything else.

TonyR
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Then why don't you link to this argument you are going on about? Who argued that Elway was comoletely sold? Are you just claiming victory in arguments you have with yourself now?

I brought up in many threads my belief that Elway wasn't/isn't sold on Tebow and was attacked for it. Resident idiots like epicdramafail and Dumhed were among those particularly bothered with the suggestion. Here's a sampling.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469579&postcount=129

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469813&postcount=128

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469883&postcount=130

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469960&postcount=138

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3470009&postcount=143

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3471905&postcount=162

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3473088&postcount=79

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3476206&postcount=25

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3476254&postcount=29

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3482989&postcount=592

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487042&postcount=207

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487047&postcount=211

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
He's also a two time National Champ and a Heisman trophy winner. Tebow took us to the playoffs for the first time in years, where as Orton would have fallen way short. McDumb**** getting fired 2 years ago, the Qb carnival last year along with all the media trying to squash him like a bug...........just give the kid a chance in a normal setting, such as this year, and hide and watch. He's going to do good.

Probably gonna get the full Jhiz for this, but in an alternate universe I really would've liked to see what McD (who is far more mature in this alternate universe :)) would've done with Tebow. I think he could've kept Lloyd in the fold. And I bet he stayed awake at night dreaming of plays Tebow could make.

I doubt he would've made it to this year, even without the videotaping thing. But I wish I could've seen what difference it would've made.

TonyR
02-09-2012, 10:49 AM
All you pointed out was the cherry picked part that lines up with your subjectivity, and, like always, completely ignored everything else.

Impress us all and make an actual point. What did I post that you disagree with?

Drunk Monkey
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Probably gonna get the full Jhiz for this, but in an alternate universe I really would've liked to see what McD (who is far more mature in this alternate universe :)) would've done with Tebow. I think he could've kept Lloyd in the fold. And I bet he stayed awake at night dreaming of plays Tebow could make.

I doubt he would've made it to this year, even without the videotaping thing. But I wish I could've seen what difference it would've made.

For that you deserve the full Jhiz.

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM

That's fair enough Beavis. But getting rid of Marshall and Hillis and certain others is the bone head move of the decade. I guess Hillis hit up on his wife, innocently or something like that, and poof, he's gone. The punk kid abused his powers that were wrongfully invested in him and scrambled up the team like my breakfast eggs. So if he was still here he probably would have worked out well for Tebow. But anyone with a half a brain that even remotely challenged his short bus mentality would be gone.

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
That's fair enough Beavis. But getting rid of Marshall and Hillis and certain others is the bone head move of the decade. I guess Hillis hit up on his wife, innocently or something like that, and poof, he's gone. The punk kid abused his powers that were wrongfully invested in him and scrambled up the team like my breakfast eggs. So if he was still here he probably would have worked out well for Tebow. But anyone with a half a brain that even remotely challenged his short bus mentality would be gone.

That Hillis rumor was shot down and stupid. Getting rid of Marshall and Hillis is not even close to the bonehead move of the decade. I can't believe I actually just read that and someone was serious.

jhns
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I brought up in many threads my belief that Elway wasn't/isn't sold on Tebow and was attacked for it. Resident idiots like epicdramafail and Dumhed were among those particularly bothered with the suggestion. Here's a sampling.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469579&postcount=129

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469813&postcount=128

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469883&postcount=130

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469960&postcount=138

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3470009&postcount=143

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3471905&postcount=162

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3473088&postcount=79

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3476206&postcount=25

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3476254&postcount=29

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3482989&postcount=592

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487042&postcount=207

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3487047&postcount=211

I just did a lot of reading and I don't see a single poster claim that Elway is completely sold on Tebow. I do see some laughing at terrible spins.

Florida fan even takes it a step further and claims Elway is out to get Tebow...

jhns
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM

And Bronco fans wish he never was here. It is okay for McFans to have a different opinion though.

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 12:12 PM

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm not saying I wish McD had made all the moves he did. The team overall is definitely worse off for his having been coach.

I just wish we could've seen a season where Tebow had a system built around him by an offensive coach who was excited about his talents.

bendog
02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
ka-ching

TonyR
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I just did a lot of reading and I don't see a single poster claim that Elway is completely sold on Tebow.

LOL Silly boy! If you did "a lot of reading" and didn't see people reacting strongly to my suggestion that Elway wasn't sold then you either didn't read the right things or you don't know how to read. Or both. This couldn't be more clear if you read the responses to the posts I linked. And since you follow me around as if you're a dog and I have a pocket full of bacon I'm surprised I even needed to link all those posts. You've usually been the one to link my posts in the past as if you have them hanging on the walls of your bedroom, right next to the poster of Justein Bieber...

jhns
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
LOL Silly boy! If you did "a lot of reading" and didn't see people reacting strongly to my suggestion that Elway wasn't sold then you either didn't read the right things or you don't know how to read. Or both. This couldn't be more clear if you read the responses to the posts I linked. And since you follow me around as if you're a dog and I have a pocket full of bacon I'm surprised I even needed to link all those posts. You've usually been the one to link my posts in the past as if you have them hanging on the walls of your bedroom, right next to the poster of Justein Bieber...

All of this and you still have yet to link to someone saying, or even suggesting, that Elway is sold on Tebow. What a clown.

jhns
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not saying I wish McD had made all the moves he did. The team overall is definitely worse off for his having been coach.

I just wish we could've seen a season where Tebow had a system built around him by an offensive coach who was excited about his talents.

McDaniels hasn't led a good offense without Brady, Moss, Welker, etc... Why would you want such a failure to develop an offense for Tebow?

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Impress us all and make an actual point. What did I post that you disagree with?

Just because you're too daft to comprehend, there was a point; you won't acknowledge anything that doesn't line up with your opinion.

MacGruder
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
McDaniels hasn't led a good offense without Brady, Moss, Welker, etc... Why would you want such a failure to develop an offense for Tebow?

He won even with Cassel when Brady went down. He made Orton look like a Pro Bowler putting up Dan Marino-esque numbers like Cam Newton did this season.

This shows the irony of people wanting Tebow to put up big numbers to me.. big numbers are meaningless. Cam and Orton's numbers in their "big' season were just as meaningless.

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
That Hillis rumor was shot down and stupid. Getting rid of Marshall and Hillis is not even close to the bonehead move of the decade. I can't believe I actually just read that and someone was serious.

You sat there and watched McDuffis dismantle the team through bias and juvenile decisions. We all know it was a Patriot underground plan to disassemble the Broncos.

bendog
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I heard he was giving Madonna a hand job and lost a hand.

jhns
02-09-2012, 12:52 PM
He won even with Cassel when Brady went down. He made Orton look like a Pro Bowler putting up Dan Marino-esque numbers like Cam Newton did this season.

This shows the irony of people wanting Tebow to put up big numbers to me.. big numbers are meaningless. Cam and Orton's numbers in their "big' season were just as meaningless.

You have to be the dumbest person to ever post on these boards. That is pretty sad...

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM

At least it would've been an offense for Tebow. And like I said at that late stage, I think he would've probably held onto Lloyd and Gaffney. That doesn't make up for what he trashed. But it would've been interesting to see what that offense looked like this year had Tebow been the guy from week 1. I'm sure any plus would've been cancelled out by the defense continuing to suck. So there's no way I'd go back.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Reconcile this with the constant wishin' and hopin' to trade Tebow though. We've got people leaping at the chance to trade him for a 2nd and a 5th.

What are the odds of substantially improving on Tebow with a 2nd round pick? If history is any judge... not good.

AN Amazing concept any 2nd round QB is going to be better than Tebow is right this moment..

what a MAroon..

Still they think that any rookie QB is going to step on the field and be an ace from the git go..

I suspect all of them forget that EVERYONE before, during and after the draft said he would be a 2-4 year project.. RIght now we are about to go into year 1.5 of that prediction..

COnsidering he recieved NO reps in any early game his rookie year and that also means NO reps during those practices..

He had ZERO otas in his second year and almost if any reps in practices until he replaced Orton..

I see that as being some where around a year and a half developement..

Now with the new CBA they can't even work with him excpet during the OTAs and training camp..

Lets hope that John E does what he said and mentor him this coming offseason and TC..

If he was any other guy I would say just maybe he can't be taught. But he has disproved and an ALL of his critics in the past..

Will he ever be the next Elway a HOF QB? maybe not but I'm not going to bet against him..

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Actually I beleive that they threw him inot the fire almsot hoping he would fail last year..

considering he was Joshes pick, a terible practice player, loads of work to do to make him a good QB, every "expert" in the media sayign he would never make it..

I beleive they just wanted to queit the rabid fan base taht wanted a change..

Once he failed then they could say see he is not ready and either move back to Orton or on to Quinn..and win a few games and be in the Luck sweepstakes..

There is little doubt in my mind that was on their minds when they made the move..

It was a win win for all of them..

PLaying with someone elses players for the most part one draft in to a total rebuild and with Luck behind center they would be golden for a few years. Being able to say we are rebuilding there is next year..

They would only have to hope that TEbow would fail with his next team to validate what they did..

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
i think it matter alot..if Steelers or Buffalo or another team who plays in the snow would have a far greater advantage playing against the saints or dolphins or SD...if the NY superbowl had SD vs bears, the bears would have a far greater advantage...less travel, used to cold weather, their fans dont wear sandals...Phillip Rivers balls shrink up to little peas in cold weather..Cutlers doesnt.

only becasue cutlet does not have any balls..

Rivers and comapany had his number except for the Houckli gimme game they kicked his ass each time he played them..Hell even in that game it was lost until the quick whistle..

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Think he would have made one hell of a coach with a competnt strong GM running things..

We all know he would have been a hell of a OC, with Tim and friends..

jhns
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
only becasue cutlet does not have any balls..

Rivers and comapany had his number except for the Houckli gimme game they kicked his ass each time he played them..Hell even in that game it was lost until the quick whistle..

See, Tebow even gets dolt fans interested in this team. There aren't even words to describe how amazing Tebow is.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM

Absolutley not on MArshall, considering he wanted out of DEN almsot from the git go.. At least after the killing he caused..

He was and probably still is one wife beating away from a 6 week suspension..

At the tme he was waiting to here about his latest escapde and how much time off he was going to get..

MArshall needed a change of scenry pronto and getting two seconds for him.. well IMO that was brilliant..

As for Hillis I was a fan of his from the day he was drafted..
ALways thought Josh would use him like he did Faulk in NE..

I also beleive that The RB coach at the time did not like him, since he loved those 205-215 pound RBs, so probably poisioned that well with Josh..

jhns
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow, you are quite the douche lonestar. I really pike how you make excuses for a murderer. You McFans are some low pieces of ****.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
See, Tebow even gets dolt fans interested in this team. There aren't even words to describe how amazing Tebow is.

Well IF I were a Charger fan perhaps but I'll measure mine against yours any day when it comes to being a fan of the broncos..

In fact I've probably been a fan longer than you have been alive..

I was a fan before they were the "broncos"..

Had a Coach that was a Bronco..

Just because Rivers beat cutlet like a rented mule every time they played, well probably one of the reasons he demanded a trade so he would only have to play him every seven years, since we all know cutlet will fail to get them to the superbowl..

jhns
02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Well IF I were a Charger fan perhaps but I'll measure mine against yours any day when it comes to being a fan of the broncos..

In fact I've probably been a fan longer than you have been alive..

Had a Coach that was a Bronco..

Just because Rivers beat cutlet like a rented mule every time they played, well probably one of the reasons he demanded a trade so he would only have to play him every seven years, since we all know cutlet will fail to get them to the superbowl..

Yeah right McFan. You clearly don't like the Broncos.

Cutler was starting his first and second year. He had the worst defense in franchise history and still beat them. You are a clown arguing for a division rival, with a very retarded argument. Keep trying to convince yourself that youre a Bronco fan. You won't convince anyone else.

"I am a real Bronco fan! That is why I defend the guy that ran the Bronco franchise into the ground!"... Makes perfect sense...

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Huh?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
oh no...this thread is going to turn about Frown Cannon....

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/24champs/40724_602095094678_23701682_34069963_7754407_n.jpg

Funny fact* Type frown cannon in google and you will get some Cutler stories or pics...

hahahahahaha so glad that douche is out of here!!!

jhns
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
oh no...this thread is going to turn about Frown Cannon....

Funny fact* Type frown cannon in google and you will get some Cutler stories or pics...

hahahahahaha so glad that douche is out of here!!!

Why are you still posting here? Your boy is back with the Pats...

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
wow...Jhizz defending Cutler??

didnt see that coming

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
wow...Jhizz defending Cutler??

didnt see that coming

McFans defending the guy that trashed this franchise as they claim to be Bronco fans...

Didn't see that coming!

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Why are you still posting here? Your boy is back with the Pats...

Dude...chill!!! It's so typical of you man. Somebody mentions cutler in a bad way and you jump on it like somebody was harassing your wife.

In my 12 years watching the BRONCOS (you guys had it good....you got to see Elway), Cutler and B Marsh were my favorite players all time up to that point. I was thinking we were set for the next decade. Stuff goes wrong...and like the saying goes...**** happens. Shanny gets canned and McDouche infiltrates our ranks. I was worried when all the trade talk started and actually was on his side...hating the coach and all (easy to do anyway).

But once that little prick Jay "Frown Cannon", started to behave like an entitled 15 year old rich little girl, later to turn on against the horse logo, and even worst, the owner. HE HAD TO GO!!! How you admire someone like that...I don't know. To each his own.

He has all the talent in the world....dude is gifted. But so was J. Russell. Some people just don't have the mental capability to deal with adversity...just remember his demeanor when we lost or were down in the 4th quarter. I don't want that dude being the general of my team!

Now don't come and tell me how dare I compare cutler and jwalruss. I was just saying that physically they have the tools to be elite.

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Dude...chill!!! It's so typical of you man. Somebody mentions cutler in a bad way and you jump on it like somebody was harassing your wife.

bearsfan

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
bearsfan

yeah..pretty sure that what he is going to say!!

In my case...I finally chose a team to fallow when I saw Brian Griese airing it out, mano a mano, against Kurt Warner and the defending champs in the first week of the 2000 season. EPIC!! Started fallowing since then and will only stop when I get to my grave.

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM

In my 12 years watching the BRONCOS (you guys had it good....you got to see Elway), Cutler and B Marsh were my favorite players all time up to that point. I was thinking we were set for the next decade. Stuff goes wrong...and like the saying goes...**** happens. Shanny gets canned and McDouche infiltrates our ranks. I was worried when all the trade talk started and actually was on his side...hating the coach and all (easy to do anyway).

But once that little prick Jay "Frown Cannon", started to behave like an entitled 15 year old rich little girl, later to turn on against the horse logo, and even worst, the owner. HE HAD TO GO!!! How you admire someone like that...I don't know. To each his own.

He has all the talent in the world....dude is gifted. But so was J. Russell. Some people just don't have the mental capability to deal with adversity...just remember his demeanor when we lost or were down in the 4th quarter. I don't want that dude being the general of my team!

Now don't come and tell me how dare I compare cutler and jwalruss. I was just saying that physically they have the tools to be elite.

You are a McFan clown that still can't figure out that it was McDaniels who was the problem. He has problems with everyone and you still blame everyone else. You can easily see that you are still using the terrible spins that were made up to defend McDaniels. You are not living in reality. It is stupid. The guy ran this franchise into the ground. He led the worst season in franchise history. Move on already...

McFans are not Bronco fans. You can't support both. That is like saying you support Jews but Hitler is your hero.

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
yeah..pretty sure that what he is going to say!!

In my case...I finally chose a team to fallow when I saw Brian Griese airing it out, mano a mano, against Kurt Warner and the defending champs in the first week of the 2000 season. EPIC!! Started fallowing since then and will only stop when I get to my grave.

Yeah, there was alotta hope after that game.

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
You are a McFan clown that still can't figure out that it was McDaniels who was the problem. He has problems with everyone and you still blame everyone else. You can easily see that you are still using the terrible spins that were made up to defend McDaniels. You are not living in reality. It is stupid. The guy ran this franchise into the ground. He led the worst season in franchise history. Move on already...

McFans are not Bronco fans. You can't support both. That is like saying you support Jews but Hitler is your hero.

if you are a real Broncos fan you root for the Bears QB, a wide reciever in Miami who punted a football during team drills, a running back in Cleveland who sat out half the 2011 season because he didnt feel good, etc...

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
if you are a real Broncos fan you root for the Bears QB, a wide reciever in Miami who punted a football during team drills, a running back in Cleveland who sat out half the 2011 season because he didnt feel good, etc...

Nope, you just stop making excuses for the guy that F'd this franchise.

"I'm a fan of Jews, but Hitler is my hero!"... So smart!

I will never get tired of defending the good guys against the evil tyrant you all love.

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Nope, you just stop making excuses for the guy that F'd this franchise.

"I'm a fan of Jews, but Hitler is my hero!"... So smart!

who the **** is defending McDaniels???

i think you have some sort of neurochemical imbalance

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Everyone claiming all of his biggest moves were good moves. You must be saying he did a bad job...

The fact that this even needs to be explained, says a lot about you.

Shananahan
02-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Lock thread. Ban everyone.

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:43 PM

WTF are you talking about??? Whats spins??? He not calling Mr Bowlen is a fact. He even sent his freaking father to return the playbook!

Oh and the BOLD part...I clearly have. I care less about the people not on the Broncos. You on the other hand....we lets just say...MOVE ON ALREADY!!!

Ohh and just becuase I agree that Cutler had to got, that makes me a McD fan?? Dude grow up!

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Everyone claiming all of his biggest moves were good moves. You must be saying he did a bad job...

The fact that this even needs to be explained, says a lot about you.

got rid of Cutler, drafted Tebow...I approve

got rid of Marshall, who was leaving anyway at the end of the year and resurrected Lloyd....I approve

got rid of Hillis, drafted Moreno....bad move

picked up Dawkins....approve

in my opinion, those were the big moves he left us with...mixed bag

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
WTF are you talking about??? Whats spins??? He not calling Mr Bowlen is a fact. He even sent his freaking father to return the playbook!

Oh and the BOLD part...I clearly have. I care less about the people not on the Broncos. You on the other hand....we lets just say...MOVE ON ALREADY!!!

You just proved my point. Why exactly should Cutler have flown hundreds of miles past the place he had to be that day, just to return a playbook himself? Such a retarded spin created to make him the bad guy. You are a clown.

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 02:47 PM

It was me. In a hypothetical parallel dimension. It's all me. I take full responsibility for Jhiz going the full Godwin.

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
McDaniels was a failure as a coach and a GM...however, he was a failure because of the smaller moves he made, not the big "terrible" firesale

he sucked....but left us with a few things to work with

jhns
got rid of Cutler, drafted Tebow...I approve

got rid of Marshall, who was leaving anyway at the end of the year and resurrected Lloyd....I approve

got rid of Hillis, drafted Moreno....bad move

picked up Dawkins....approve

in my opinion, those were the big moves he left us with...mixed bag

Yeah, he had just as many good moves as bad moves. That is why the franchise spiraled downward to its lowest ever point in just one year...

Not defending him with stupiduty at all!

McFans are pretty retarded.

vancejohnson82
It was me. In a hypothetical parallel dimension. It's all me. I take full responsibility for Jhiz going the full Godwin.

hahaha....apology accepted

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
McDaniels was a failure as a coach and a GM...however, he was a failure because of the smaller moves he made, not the big "terrible" firesale

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM

A few smaller moves took the franchise from mediocre to the worst season in franchise hostory? You clearly don't understand this sport.

jhns
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You

Are

Retarded

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
You just proved my point. Why exactly should Cutler have flown hundreds of miles past the place he had to be that day, just to return a playbook himself? Such a retarded spin created to make him the bad guy. You are a clown.

Because he didn't have the balls to enter the facility... But I am done with you. No point trying to talk sense into somebody who has Cutler ball juice dripping out his mouth.

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
A few smaller moves took the franchise from mediocre to the worst season in franchise hostory? You clearly don't understand this sport.

two weak drafts....trading away guys like Alphonso Smith...firing a defensive coordinator....developing an air it out gameplan without the proper personnel...never putting together a defensive line

that leads to a horrible stretch

vancejohnson82
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Because he didn't have the balls to enter the facility... But I am done with you. No point trying to talk sense into somebody who has Cutler ball juice dripping out his mouth.

Jhiz is fun to toy around with every once in a while...but for the most part its best to just skip over his worthless rants

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
hahaha....apology accepted

I don't...the **** brain is going to keep rambling for the next 10 pages...

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Ok. How many 'Raiderfan' lashes do I get?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok. How many 'Raiderfan' lashes do I get?

:ouwknow:

Maybe something like this???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMsctjoyGzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
02-09-2012, 03:09 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls96enDCnG1qjzeu5o1_500.jpg

BroncoBeavis
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Wow. How long's it been since the Mane saw a Starship Troopers reference?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Wow. How long's it been since the Mane saw a Starship Troopers reference?

Not sure but that movie kicks ass!!! I just pretend the other 2 never happened..

jhns
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Yeah, that is why he didn't go several hundred miles past the place he had to be that day for a playbook... You aren't going with retarded spins at all!

Why are you McFans still here?

jhns
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Not if you stop defending the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. When you stop, I can stop defending the Denver Broncos.

Archer81
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure but that movie kicks ass!!! I just pretend the other 2 never happened..

The first movie was not that great.

Except for the shower scene.

:Broncos:

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Not if you stop defending the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. When you stop, I can stop defending the Denver Broncos.

http://ilol.co/upload_pic/7280.gif

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:36 PM
The first movie was not that great.

Except for the shower scene.

Hey....the first movie was awesome!!! But...respect you opinion!

oubronco
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
No point trying to talk sense into somebody who has Tebow ball juice dripping out his mouth.

Isn't that the truth

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey jhinz...honest question.

If me agreeing with the cutler trade makes me a McD supporter, shouldn't you be considered one because you approved the Tebow one? I know you love him!

I loved drafting Tebow too! But he is al McD move too.

Yeah double standard. That's why it's better when you just stand behind your team no matter the situations.

THANKS McD FOR GETTING RID OF CUTLER AND BRINGING US TEBOW!!!

oubronco
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM

If me agreeing with the cutler trade makes me a McD supporter, shouldn't you be considered one because you approved the Tebow one? I know you love him!

Yeah double standard. That's why it's better when you just stand behind your team no matter the situations.

Damn McFan

ZONA
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I think too many of the fans here who think Tebow is not the answer because he's not a pure pocket passer have forgotten the fact that he did on several occasions make some great throws from the pocket. Sure we all know he needs to improve on many things (footwork, release, etc) which will help him become more consistent in the pocket. But many of you act like he CAN'T do it.

The fact is - he HAS done it. He just wasn't consistent at it. I'm sure it will improve with a full offseason and taking starter reps in OTA's and camps. It's not like this guy got a ton of coaching last offseason nor did he take hardly any 1st team reps in camps. What you saw this last 12 games was a throw together offense with a QB who didn't have hardly any camp reps with 1st team.

Let's see how the offseason and camps go before jumping off the bridge.

oubronco
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I think too many of the fans here who think Tebow is not the answer because he's not a pure pocket passer have forgotten the fact that he did on several occasions make some great throws from the pocket. Sure we all know he needs to improve on many things (footwork, release, etc) which will help him become more consistent in the pocket. But many of you act like he CAN'T do it.

The fact is - he HAS done it. He just wasn't consistent at it. I'm sure it will improve with a full offseason and taking starter reps in OTA's and camps. It's not like this guy got a ton of coaching last offseason nor did he take hardly any 1st team reps in camps. What you saw this last 12 games was a throw together offense with a QB who didn't have hardly any camp reps with 1st team.

I think the consensus is that he's been playing QB since peewee ball and he still hasn't fixed these things so what makes you think he will now...........Magic?

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Damn McFan

Ahhh so that's the reason you have been sort of down the last couple of seasons OUBRONCO???

McD took Cutler from you too???

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Shhhhhh don't say it out loud. Looks like many of the posters around here are going to have and go cheer Chicago if Tebow becomes a consistent passer next year.

oubronco
02-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Ahhh so that's the reason you have been sort of down the last couple of seasons OUBRONCO???

McD took Cutler from you too???

No I just like good QB play that's all, we'll see some in a year or two

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM

I agree. It could be Tebow or someone else.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Huh?

They were just a football team in the AFL with NO Name yet they held a naming contest.

Before that they were not the Broncos..

KO5K
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I think the consensus is that he's been playing QB since peewee ball and he still hasn't fixed these things so what makes you think he will now...........Magic?

Why did he need to fix such things when he was busy destroying the weak competition laid in front of him week in week out:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/FedEx+BCS+National+Championship+Game+1bc9ugBe5xSl. jpg

Maybe now that he supposedly needs to fix these things he might do it.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah right McFan. You clearly don't like the Broncos.

Cutler was starting his first and second year. He had the worst defense in franchise history and still beat them. You are a clown arguing for a division rival, with a very retarded argument. Keep trying to convince yourself that youre a Bronco fan. You won't convince anyone else.

"I am a real Bronco fan! That is why I defend the guy that ran the Bronco franchise into the ground!"... Makes perfect sense...

You are so full of crap..

ME a fan of the Chargers..YEah right ..

But I do admire players from other teams for what they have accomplished..

Loads of NFL/NBA guys that I root for when they do not harm my teams..

SO sorry that you are so shallow that you have nothing else to do with your life but man love cutlet..

THe actuallity is the chargers had DEN beat until EH blew the call, the defender was on his way to an uncontested TD off of cutlets FUBAR..

cutlet is a chocker has not been a winner since HIGH SCHOOL save for one season where his defense and Special teams won them for him..

I'm glad the clown is gone and that we actually got draft choices for him.. Somewhat better than just cutting your starting QB midseason..

As for "running the franchise into the ground", I do have to say I have never been a mikey fan so I hardly ever defended him..

Although before I figured the clown out before the ashley DAFT I did beleive he was a good coach..

After that one I opened my eyes and saw what he was doing to the franchise

lonestar
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM

yep Josh was the problem..

LEt see IIRC

8 of the starting defense in 08 no longer startering for another team or flat not in the NFL any longer..

Only 5 of some 45+ day one picks (choices 1-3) resigned to contracts in DEN after their rookie contracts exprired. about 11%.. yep mikey left this franshise in such good shape..

in case you have not heard John Elway talk about the way to build a franchise is via the draft, just the opposite of what mikey the "contract for life" moron was doing..

having upwards of 15% of your cap each year in dead money.. took three years to clear all of that after he was fired..

the moron had one decent draft in 06 taht is IF you think cutlet was the FQB.. I for one never liked the clown as I consider him the next JEff GEorge IIRC he has been directly or indirectly responsible for near 8 coached being fired..

But go away manlove him all you want..

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 04:37 PM

Thank you !

lonestar
02-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Just have to wonder how many of fast eddies short arms, #87 going from the most consitent receiver in colege to fumble fingers and DT dropped so gimmies early in the years..

WOnder had half of those been caught what his % would have been..

Also wonder how many throw aways instead of forcing the balls might have helped.

Tebow will be fine given some reps and off season.. MAY never be the next Elway but he is really fun to watch..

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM

I didn't follow Tebow in college but I do know they highlight his goal line scoring abilities, which in a lot of ways, was him assuming a fullback position. But I do know he's got some pretty good stats as a passer in his college career. And yes, he needs to learn how to play NFL football, and yes he will fix those things. As he gets comfortable playing the pocket passer role, it's not his foot work, it's having confidence in the O line and concentrating on reads. Once the reads become natural, the ball will come out of his hand faster and his accuracy will improve. Hide and watch.

Rabb
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
it is still pretty fascinating to me that we are on the fence about a guy that helped turn what was heading to be a suck for Luck campaign into a playoff home victory over the Steelers

I guess with good mechanics it would have been Super Bowl?

rugbythug
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM

I love this.

Right in line with.

Does your mom know your gay?

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
it is still pretty fascinating to me that we are on the fence about a guy that helped turn what was heading to be a suck for Luck campaign into a playoff home victory over the Steelers

I'm not on the fence my friend. Tebow did a mighty fine job last year. And it's been brought up that people are questioning whether he'll be able to learn how to be a pocket passer. Why the hell wouldn't he learn. He already is a pocket passer, just wasn't required to do it 80% of the time. It's hilarious listening to posters who act like he rides the short bus to work. Funny stuff.

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM

The truth is he's been winning while playing QB this way since peewee ball and he's still winning that way in the NFL. So what makes you think that will change now....Magic?

Dedhed
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM

I agree. I think Tebow will improve vastly and consistently when given the chance to get all the first team reps throughout camp and pre-season.

lonestar
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I didn't follow Tebow in college but I do know they highlight his goal line scoring abilities, which in a lot of ways, was him assuming a fullback position. But I do know he's got some pretty good stats as a passer in his college career. And yes, he needs to learn how to play NFL football, and yes he will fix those things. As he gets comfortable playing the pocket passer role, it's not his foot work, it's having confidence in the O line and concentrating on reads. Once the reads become natural, the ball will come out of his hand faster and his accuracy will improve. Hide and watch.

Had close friend of my daughters that followed him from HS thru college, and according to him Urban did not want to tamper with his throwing.

IIRC he was a 60%+ completion rate during that time frame.. Against some of the best college players in the nation..

kind of the old adage do not fix what is not broken..

lonestar
02-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Without a consistent running game, consistent recievers (in catching the ball) and a better defense he could have been completing at 80% and it probably would not have worked out..

Fox used loads of band aids last yer=ar to piece this team together we had virtually no pass rush from the middle, once Miller was hurt he more or less disappeared, played but not very effective. He also got suckered alot of "passing downs" and they allowed him to rush and went right by him for BIG gains.. Once Dawkins got hurt the defense crumbled..NO leadership..As much as I love Champ he is not a leader not vocal at all.. Great player but not a leader. and #21 well might as well have not been on the field at times..

we have lots of fixing to do to become consistent and Tebow is a part of that..BY NO MEANS the reason we failed at making the playoffs.

Read something about DEN the other day in their failure late in the season the only years we did well was the super bowl years and even then we FUBARED some late season games.. one year 13-0 and finished 13-3..

They we thinking the altitude might have something to do with it the guys bodies just can't handle the oxygen levels all year..

We start fast and coast to the end of the year..

lonestar
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I agree. I think Tebow will improve vastly and consistently when given the chance to get all the first team reps throughout camp and pre-season.

as I've said before EVERYONE said he would be a 2-4 year project, why some morons do not realize he is not a pro bowler because of that is beyond comprehension..

and it is not like he was surrounded by loads of all pros..

Rabb
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm not on the fence my friend. Tebow did a mighty fine job last year. And it's been brought up that people are questioning whether he'll be able to learn how to be a pocket passer. Why the hell wouldn't he learn. He already is a pocket passer, just wasn't required to do it 80% of the time. It's hilarious listening to posters who act like he rides the short bus to work. Funny stuff.

Pretty much sums up my feelings also bud. I like the kid as a person, a leader and it's impossible for me to be unhappy with the results.

If anything, the ceiling for him seems very high...I mean if we did this well with him needing help with mechanics, imagine what he can do with a little off season help.

Rabb
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Without a consistent running game, consistent recievers (in catching the ball) and a better defense he could have been completing at 80% and it probably would not have worked out..

Fox used loads of band aids last yer=ar to piece this team together we had virtually no pass rush from the middle, once Miller was hurt he more or less disappeared, played but not very effective. He also got suckered alot of "passing downs" and they allowed him to rush and went right by him for BIG gains.. Once Dawkins got hurt the defense crumbled..NO leadership..As much as I love Champ he is not a leader not vocal at all.. Great player but not a leader. and #21 well might as well have not been on the field at times..

we have lots of fixing to do to become consistent and Tebow is a part of that..BY NO MEANS the reason we failed at making the playoffs.

Read something about DEN the other day in their failure late in the season the only years we did well was the super bowl years and even then we FUBARED some late season games.. one year 13-0 and finished 13-3..

They we thinking the altitude might have something to do with it the guys bodies just can't handle the oxygen levels all year..

I am really not trying to be a dick, but...what?

bowtown
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Almost Mock-esque.

Archer81
02-09-2012, 07:28 PM

We went 13-0. Lost to the NYG and Mia and beat SEA at home to finish 14-2.

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 07:29 PM

http://en.memgenerator.pl/mem-image/i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-s-aliens-en-ffffff

:)

Archer81
02-09-2012, 07:30 PM
http://en.memgenerator.pl/mem-image/i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-s-aliens-en-ffffff

:)

That show is complete ridickulass. Ancient man apparently did nothing but starve to death, fight with one another and help maintain giant monuments aliens built.

That's every single show. Maybe Stargate is true...

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
That show is complete ridickulass. Ancient man apparently did nothing but starve to death, fight with one another and help maintain giant monuments aliens built.

That's every single show. Maybe Stargate is true...

Whoa, you want redicules, here is redicules. Long watch but oh so worth it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LOQsvOkkLq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 07:41 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LOQsvOkkLq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://ilol.co/upload_pic/7281.gif

Archer81
02-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Yes, that is redicules. But the I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens guy is ridickulass. A completely different thing.

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
http://ilol.co/upload_pic/7281.gif

Third eagle of the apocolypse preaches the truth!

We showed this to my boss and he said there is one lesson for all of us. In the future when designing new airports DO NOT create a road system that looks like a giant rooster, or cock if you will.

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes, that is redicules. But the I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens guy is ridickulass. A completely different thing.

OH I think these guys are interrelated and maybe even one. Er wait, I get it now! Hilarious!

Archer81
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
OH I think these guys are interrelated and maybe even one. Er wait, I get it now! Hilarious!

I'm not saying he is a fan of dueling banjos...but you should probably prepare your anus if he is around.

IdahoBronco7
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM

We did make the playoffs......

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Does this means that Mark Davis has to answer to god because he is shaped like this?

http://www.usaonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mark-davis-2009-nfl-oakland-raiders-houston-0diEnH.jpg

theAPAOps5
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Does this means that Mark Davis has to answer to god because he is shaped like this?

http://www.usaonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mark-davis-2009-nfl-oakland-raiders-houston-0diEnH.jpg

Yes, Third Eagle of the Apocalypse and Mark do not get along. My God that Ginger is creepy

Heyneck
02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes, Third Eagle of the Apocalypse and Mark do not get a long. My God that Ginger is creepy

:yep:

Archer81
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not sayin she's a gold digga...

lonestar
02-09-2012, 10:47 PM

What what?

lonestar
02-09-2012, 10:50 PM
We went 13-0. Lost to the NYG and Mia and beat SEA at home to finish 14-2.

Danke.

Odysseus
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
you don't need to be a "guru" to see he needs alot work.

Agreed. If his mechanics are flawless then why doesn't he throw more?

I love the inspiration, leadership, and work ethic of Tebow but his mechanics are kind of troubling. If he tries to make his living running the football his career will be short. (Daunte Culpepper)

Putting Tebow behind anybody is like stuffing a baby into the womb. Promising a backup starting time is lying. The fans won't support that. Manning would be in a wheelchair with our offensive line. Broncos need to find a Drew Brees / Phillip Rivers problem where one of them is trade bait. It provides a two headed dragon for offenses to face and trade value. It is always easier said than accomplished.

Odysseus
02-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Third eagle of the apocolypse preaches the truth!

We showed this to my boss and he said there is one lesson for all of us. In the future when designing new airports DO NOT create a road system that looks like a giant rooster, or cock if you will.

This thread needs better rumors.

It's good seeing you Apa.

Shananahan
02-10-2012, 12:19 AM
If he tries to make his living running the football his career will be short. (Daunte Culpepper)
What?

crazyhorse
02-10-2012, 06:25 AM

Best quote ever.Hilarious!

EmpireOrange
02-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Agreed. If his mechanics are flawless then why doesn't he throw more?

I love the inspiration, leadership, and work ethic of Tebow but his mechanics are kind of troubling. If he tries to make his living running the football his career will be short. (Daunte Culpepper)

Putting Tebow behind anybody is like stuffing a baby into the womb. Promising a backup starting time is lying. The fans won't support that. Manning would be in a wheelchair with our offensive line. Broncos need to find a Drew Brees / Phillip Rivers problem where one of them is trade bait. It provides a two headed dragon for offenses to face and trade value. It is always easier said than accomplished.

You're never going to change Tebow's mechanics, its too late in the game for that. Tebow can live in the NFL with his mechanics, but he has to be top shelf in everything else: anticipantion, decision-making, and game management. If Tebow is to improve enough to warrant him being on the roster as a QB it will be all on him, because working with a coach to change his mechanics is a waste of time as he'll simply revert back to his old self as soon as live rounds are going down range. Tebow has to learn how to read defenses, quickly find the weaknesses that are given on each play and exploit them. If Tebow doesn't become as good or better than Manning in doing that Tebow will fail as an NFL QB. You have to look at Tebow as a Kozar or even a Rivers. He has to be the best at the other applied skills of QBing because his atheletic and natural abilities are not tailored to being a QB. He's not Cutler who can rely on his pure talents to overcome the mental aspects of the game, Tebow's has to be the best in the game on the mental side of playing QB otherwise he will fail. He's not a natually gifted QB and that will never change that.

Also, lets face it, if Tebow wasn't the "Tebow" in tebowmania, he wouldn't even be in this position to begin with. The NFL is a cold business and most hopefuls only get one or two shots in training camp or a preseason game to stake thier whole career on, and if they don't impress they are out. Tebow is in this position mostly because of who he is. His play in training camp would have had anybody else cut. So act like putting Tebow behind someone on the roster is a bs move is like saying Saddam Hussein was an popular elected leader because he got 100% of the vote in elections year after year. The Broncos even pinming in Tebow as the presumed starter going into training camp, and them not going out to get a QB like a Manning to complete are bigger bs moves. The name of the game is to win championships. Tebow is going into his 3rd year and we are still talking about him learning how to read a defense and anticipate his throws. How does that fit in the preceptions, and in most cases the reality of the cold harsh cut-throat world that is the NFL? It dosen't because Tebow is "Tebow" in tebowmania. Without his backstory his career would have gone by way of Bradely Van Pelt. The sooner the Broncos and its fans realize that the sooner we can get back to the business of winning championships.

vancejohnson82
02-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Lonestar just wrote a quote that claimed we missed the playoffs....end thread

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 08:05 AM
You're never going to change Tebow's mechanics, its too late in the game for that. Tebow can live in the NFL with his mechanics, but he has to be top shelf in everything else: anticipantion, decision-making, and game management. If Tebow is to improve enough to warrant him being on the roster as a QB it will be all on him, because working with a coach to change his mechanics is a waste of time as he'll simply revert back to his old self as soon as live rounds are going down range. Tebow has to learn how to read defenses, quickly find the weaknesses that are given on each play and exploit them. If Tebow doesn't become as good or better than Manning in doing that Tebow will fail as an NFL QB. You have to look at Tebow as a Kozar or even a Rivers. He has to be the best at the other applied skills of QBing because his atheletic and natural abilities are not tailored to being a QB. He's not Cutler who can rely on his pure talents to overcome the mental aspects of the game, Tebow's has to be the best in the game on the mental side of playing QB otherwise he will fail. He's not a natually gifted QB and that will never change that.

Dude, there's just nothing to this. Phil Simms compared Aaron Rodgers' throwing motion coming out of Cal as something out of Pop Warner football. He said that during Rodgers first two years, and watching him throw, that he thought Aaron would never make it in the NFL. Then it all changed with practice.

Tom Brady's personal coach says it can be fixed. We all know Tebow's willing to put in whatever amount of work it takes. It's just not something you have time to work on during the season.

IdahoBronco7
02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
F 'em all and feed 'em fish heads.

KO5K
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Also, lets face it, if Tebow wasn't the "Tebow" in tebowmania, he wouldn't even be in this position to begin with. The NFL is a cold business and most hopefuls only get one or two shots in training camp or a preseason game to stake thier whole career on, and if they don't impress they are out. Tebow is in this position mostly because of who he is.

Agreed.

When you take over a 1-4 team and end up in the divisional rounds of the playoffs, you've had your shot and you didn't do enough.

bronco militia
02-10-2012, 12:03 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tebowholicscolor.gif

bendog
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Hookers and Blow, Tim. Hookers and Blow.

barryr
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Tebow needs to work on footwork and timing with his receivers on the shorter routes, which a full training camp helps provide especially when given the majority of the snaps. I don't remember the 3 games to finish the previous season that Tebow played in where the offense had to be totally changed and McCoy was the OC then too.

oubronco
02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tebowholicscolor.gif

Hilarious! fuggin awesome Hilarious!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Hilarious! fuggin awesome Hilarious!

i like tebow quite alot got a pic and a cheap replica licensed jersey t shirt but the media is obsessed with the guy it soo crazy

jsco70
02-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Seriously, just teach him to check down to his RB's on second/third down and his percentage increases by 5%-10%. Shouldn't be that difficult. This would probably increase 3rd down success rate provided they can find a back to catch the ball out of the backfield. Would love to see Jeremiah Johnson get a chance.

Missouribronc
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Dude, there's just nothing to this. Phil Simms compared Aaron Rodgers' throwing motion coming out of Cal as something out of Pop Warner football. He said that during Rodgers first two years, and watching him throw, that he thought Aaron would never make it in the NFL. Then it all changed with practice.

Tom Brady's personal coach says it can be fixed. We all know Tebow's willing to put in whatever amount of work it takes. It's just not something you have time to work on during the season.

Just to be clear, we're going into year three with Tebow.

Year three.

theAPAOps5
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM

Year three.

NO he is a rookie until he succeeds as a passer. Until then you are either a hater or recognize he is a rookie until it doesn't have to be an excuse! Hilarious!

And if he never succeeds (not including as a RB playing QB), it's because coaches held him back for his 5 rookie seasons.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2012, 09:38 PM
F 'em all and feed 'em fish heads.

Now you're getting it! 28 posts in and you sound like a regular ....

BroncoBuff
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Seriously, just teach him to check down to his RB's on second/third down and his percentage increases by 5%-10%. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Exactly, check downs and maybe just a teeny bit more PLAY ACTION?

In the chat room we counted 3 play-action in the entire Steelers game. With the run/pass imbalance of a Tebow offense, that's just foolish. I wish Miami had hired McCoy.

jhns
02-10-2012, 09:44 PM

Year three.

Just to be clear, he is 9-7 with a playoff win so far. Terribe.

9-7.

jhns
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
NO he is a rookie until he succeeds as a passer. Until then you are either a hater or recognize he is a rookie until it doesn't have to be an excuse! Hilarious!

And if he never succeeds (not including as a RB playing QB), it's because coaches held him back for his 5 rookie seasons.

You just make up stuff to laugh at? This is how you win arguments? You do realize that this just makes you look stupid, right?

Heyneck
02-10-2012, 09:50 PM

Year three.

Without ever going through OTAs and the full offseason program...and without the proper reps (1st team) in training camp. So keep finding excuses. He will just prove you wrong.

Ahhh but I forgot, sorry, I didn't remember that we live in a world were QB develop just by themselves...

Oh...and your homeboy on your avatar...guess what?! He had bad mechanics, not an adequate throwing motion and was heavily criticized by the coaching staff during his first 2 year ridding the pine during the course of the OTAs and training camp. That's why they took the Bhrom kid and another called Flynn. They thought Bhrom could push him and maybe be a better fit.

He finally turned it around during his 3r third training camp. That's why you saw them throw Bhrom to the curve and keep Flynn to develop.

But keep trying to find excuses....

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Year three.

Just completed year two. At which point Phil Simms said your boy Pornstache still blew chunks. Although Pornstache never had to contend with a lockout after his rookie year either. Not to mention a coaching change.

He just sucked. Shouldda been shipped to Jacksonville. :)

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Just to be clear, he is 9-7 with a playoff win so far. Terribe.

9-7.

Yeah, Pornstache was 6-10 in his first 16. And that was with a team that was 13-3 and one play away from the Super Bowl the year before. Plus it was his 4th year in the NFL. 4th year. Man Pornstache sucked. Just goes to show how much a QB can improve. Even after being a terrible NFL QB for 4 years.

lonestar
02-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Year three.

Yep as 2-4 year project like everyone in the "know" said..

but IF you take actually games played, weeks of real practice with the first team and offseason he is coming off his rookie year..

I realize he is not your bud gabbert..

But how about we give him a real chance to learn the position as played in the NFL..

I think most sane folks will agree that Elway threw him to the wolves last season to quiet the fandom.. they wanted change at QB and he knew that if he sat orton and put in Quinn the true #2 coming out of TC they would boo the team and maybe even try to run him out-of-town.

Instead he and FOx thought they would quiet the crowd and so them that he was not ready to be a NFL QB and then be able to draft a new one next draft..

They would be rid of Josh's mistake and move on..

But the kid pulled out some dramatic wins and the fans no longer left during the third quarter..

SO how about we really give him some coaching this off-season and give him the reps he needs to get his timing down..

Work with him in the film room show him all the open receivers he did not see last season..

Most of all give him the 2-4 years everyone said Tebow the project would take..

Archer81
02-11-2012, 01:27 AM
People ruining a perfectly good offseason thread arguing about silliness.

I demand compensation.

Play2win
02-11-2012, 03:40 AM

wouldn't it be nice, if he would just move over to TE—where he would dominate.

SPORTSWRITER
02-11-2012, 04:40 AM
i heard a rumor that the Pats are willing to trade Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski to the Broncos in exchange for Knowshon Moreno. true story.

Nah, we'd be giving up too much! I just gotta believe that Knowshon will take the Broncos to the Super Bowl all by himself sometime during his next lifetime, maybe just after he tri-incarnates into a QB, TE and RB! Then he can catch his own passes, something Brady couldn't do against the Giants, according to his Mrs.
So, it just wouldn't be a very good trade for the Broncos at this time! ^5

cmhargrove
02-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Who is this Tebow? Did I miss something?

jsco70
02-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Who is this Tebow? Did I miss something?

Allow me to educate you...he's the player who, for some reason, gets no margin for error despite having started a grand total of 16 games over the course of two seasons. One of those seasons happen to include a lockout so he was unable to get the attention required to improve in the subtleties of the QB position at the professional level. However, he has shown a knack for making plays when it counts and has a incredible number of 4th quarter comebacks in a short time. At the same time, he can be terribly inaccurate and isn't prepared to handle the mental aspects of the game.

He also happened to lead, yes lead, the team to its first playoff victory in many years. However, he is a devisive individual and is either loved or hated. In typical Omane fashion, you cannot be in the middle ground. You are either a worshipper or a hater, period.

So, please take your stance now and know there is no going back. You, along with the rest of us, are not allowed to sit back and see how it plays out. Oh, and be sure to ridicule anyone who takes the opposite stance you do. Got it? Glad I could help you!

Play2win
02-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Open competition. The true thrower will win (!tebow)

BroncoBeavis
02-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Open competition. The true thrower will win (!tebow)

TEKO, is that you?

IdahoBronco7
02-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Wonder what Elway's stats were in his first 16....32 ? I'm not the greatest stat guy, but my understanding is that he wasn't all that great.

BroncoBeavis
02-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Wonder what Elway's stats were in his first 16....32 ? I'm not the greatest stat guy, but my understanding is that he wasn't all that great.

Yeah, they don't like to talk about that. At all.

"It's a different Era" they like to say.

Meanwhile we've got the ghost of Knute Rockne calling plays on the sideline.

Play2win
02-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Elway could probably throw the ball better before he even entered high school than tebow will ever be able to do.

IdahoBronco7
02-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Elway could probably throw the ball better before he even entered high school than tebow will ever be able to do.

I don't know about that. The Steeler game kinda proves that wrong. When his reads become natural, the ball will come out of his hand faster and more accurately.

But watching that ball come out of his hand and it flutters around in the air like a dead duck falling from the sky is hilarious. Well, beings how they weren't intercepted anyway. A lot of that is just indecision and being somewhat of a rookie. He's trying not to break and run out of the pocket, but it's a natural thing for a running Qb. Those bad throws are part of his learning curve.

Missouribronc
02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Without ever going through OTAs and the full offseason program...and without the proper reps (1st team) in training camp. So keep finding excuses. He will just prove you wrong.

Ahhh but I forgot, sorry, I didn't remember that we live in a world were QB develop just by themselves...

Oh...and your homeboy on your avatar...guess what?! He had bad mechanics, not an adequate throwing motion and was heavily criticized by the coaching staff during his first 2 year ridding the pine during the course of the OTAs and training camp. That's why they took the Bhrom kid and another called Flynn. They thought Bhrom could push him and maybe be a better fit.

He finally turned it around during his 3r third training camp. That's why you saw them throw Bhrom to the curve and keep Flynn to develop.

But keep trying to find excuses....

First of all, it's kind of funny that I put a funny haha picture of last years Super Bowl QB riding the pine in his first season with porn stache in my avatar and now, "he's my boy." For the record, my "boy" right now is Tebow because he's the quarterback of my favorite football team...

Now, as to my excuses. What excuses. People really don't like the fact that we are entering Tebow's third year in the pros next year. He's had two training camps and one set of OTAs. These are facts. And I, personally, have seen very little improvement in mechanics and ability to read defenses.

Yes, Rodgers had mechanical flaws. He fixed them in one season and is now probably the best quarterback in the game. Tebow has been talking about fixing mechanics for going n four years now and it has not happened.

I hope he gets it together and becomes a competent passer, because I like rooting for him, but Tebow-forbid I be skeptical...

Eldorado
02-11-2012, 08:00 AM
First of all, it's kind of funny that I put a funny haha picture of last years Super Bowl QB riding the pine in his first season with porn stache in my avatar and now, "he's my boy." For the record, my "boy" right now is Tebow because he's the quarterback of my favorite football team...

Now, as to my excuses. What excuses. People really don't like the fact that we are entering Tebow's third year in the pros next year. He's had two training camps and one set of OTAs. These are facts. And I, personally, have seen very little improvement in mechanics and ability to read defenses.

Yes, Rodgers had mechanical flaws. He fixed them in one season and is now probably the best quarterback in the game. Tebow has been talking about fixing mechanics for going n four years now and it has not happened.

I hope he gets it together and becomes a competent passer, because I like rooting for him, but Tebow-forbid I be skeptical...

Mo. Don't let your thoughts cloud your judgement. Tebow would have gone 15-1 last year but the Broncos held him back.

errand
02-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Gotta love the posters in here claiming the Pittsburgh playoff "proves" Tebow's great at throwing the ball.....never realizing that game was the exception....he's had way too few moments like that, and he only had it after Elway called him out on not "pulling the trigger".

Also they love to bring other QB's like Elway or Rodgers struggling early in careers to imply that Tebow's career could possibly run paralell to theirs....but never once wonder what if his career paralells Leaf's, or Akili's, or JaMarcus'

TonyR
02-11-2012, 08:24 AM
...The Steeler game kinda proves that wrong...

"He's going to have to overhaul everything," says quarterbacks guru George Whitfield, who tutored Newton, Ben Roethlisberger and Terrelle Pryor as they transitioned into the NFL. "He's going to have to go all the way back to the beginning. His throwing motion is a direct relation to what's happening below the waist. You can't put a giant machine gun on a camera tripod. He's going to have to work on the passing and the mechanics. Out of those nine or 10 completions against Pittsburgh, all but two of them were vertical throws. Pretty much everybody can throw it vertical. The challenge is throwing into windows."http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-120117/tim-tebow-secure-future-denver-broncos-productive-offseason

Missouribronc
02-11-2012, 08:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-120117/tim-tebow-secure-future-denver-broncos-productive-offseason

Fortunately for Broncos fans, that guy obviously has no clue what he's talking about...

^5

Dedhed
02-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Fortunately for Broncos fans, that guy obviously has no clue what he's talking about...

^5

Same guy said Tebow's problems are easily fixed. Should we also agree with him on that, or should we agree with your take that he can't possibly improve his mechanics?

hmmm..

Missouribronc
02-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Same guy said Tebow's problems are easily fixed. Should we also agree with him on that, or should we agree with your take that he can't possibly improve his mechanics?

hmmm..

Sweet. Maybe this time they'll get fixed...:strong:

barryr
02-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmm, seems like contradictions going on here. Some believe for the Broncos to win, they need a different QB because Elway wants to win, yet they put in Tebow thinking he would fail but to just appease fans so he could fail(which means the team losing) and then not have to worry about Tebow playing anymore? Yeah, that sounds like an organization worried about winning. So which is it? They put in Tebow to try to win more games or put him in to fail and the team keep losing, so winning apparently did not become so important?

Heyneck
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM

Hey I am skeptical too. I think that if he doesn't improve next season then...we have to move on. But I am just surprised at how people want to throw overboard the QB who turned a posibly horrible season around and won us a playoff game. Something Orton, and Cutler didn't and Jake the snake couldn't achieve with us until his 3rd try.

Now, your point about 1 set of OTAs and 2 training camps is sort of flawed. The OTAs you are talking about didn't actually happen for him. There is this rule that doesn't allow rookies from attending most of OTAs because they haven't graduated or finished classes, so he could only attend the rookies mini camp that was 1 week long. Now about his 2 training camps...well sorry but..they were all about Kyle Orton as the starter. He got almost all the 1st team units leaving Tebow's rhythm with the offense in the back burner.

It just amazes me how people say he can't throw it, or throw it into tight windows. The throw to Royal against Pitt was a thing of a beauty. Before Eddy turned around the ball was already in the air and it came down right in his hands with a CB all over him.

So lets wait and see what happens when the plan this offseason is to develop him the best they can. Who knows? The kid could become a consistent passer

Heyneck
02-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Gotta love the posters in here claiming the Pittsburgh playoff "proves" Tebow's great at throwing the ball.....never realizing that game was the exception....he's had way too few moments like that, and he only had it after Elway called him out on not "pulling the trigger".

Also they love to bring other QB's like Elway or Rodgers struggling early in careers to imply that Tebow's career could possibly run paralell to theirs....but never once wonder what if his career paralells Leaf's, or Akili's, or JaMarcus'

Maybe because there are people without your looser attitude that prefer to look at things as being half full and not empty.

All points on the 2 sides of the coin are valid. It's just to show that even the best one's needed work. Ohh and the losers you just posted...they could throw it beautifully, but they lacked the will and mental attributes to succeed.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Elway was a rookie in 83. In the Super Bowl in 86. Those 3 superbowls back then were ALL Elway. Those defenses were terrible. Sammy winder? Bobby Humphrey? 3 amigos all slighter taller than midgets?

Tebow should be compared to players going into their 3rd year in 2012. Elway had accuracy problems in his very early years. He didn't have basic mechanic problems. He didn't have problems reading defenses pre snap. Their problems early in their careers are different.

NFLBRONCO
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM

I agree 100%

I really think his popularity/morals/what he did in college blinds 90% of fans so much they won't care what flaws he has ever. They will reflect blame elsewhere Fox McCoy the D ST's. Look at thread after thread saying fans would flip out at Elway if he traded Tebow. Why he is far from the answer at this point I don't see the crysis of such a move in next year or so.

Play2win
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't know about that. The Steeler game kinda proves that wrong. When his reads become natural, the ball will come out of his hand faster and more accurately.

But watching that ball come out of his hand and it flutters around in the air like a dead duck falling from the sky is hilarious. Well, beings how they weren't intercepted anyway. A lot of that is just indecision and being somewhat of a rookie. He's trying not to break and run out of the pocket, but it's a natural thing for a running Qb. Those bad throws are part of his learning curve.

No, it doesn't. He still can't make throws you have to make in this league. I am am not even talking about the more difficult ones, like the deep out. He can't even throw the quick throw infront of the line. It takes a hell of a lot of the passing game out from under us.

Thank god were not doing the WCO, though that's the one thing I really wish we were doing, some variation of the WCO.

Implement the WCO, see if Tebow can hack it (he can't), send him packing. Get a real QB that can dominate in a WCO, and good times are here again. :thumbsup: