(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

We will face seven playoff teams, four division winners and three wild cards, four of which are away and three at home. The only games that are not against division rivals or teams who made the playoffs are against the Panthers Bucs and Browns on the road.

Play2win
02-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Shanny would call it a success... ;D

Bronco Rob
02-04-2012, 02:59 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oShTJ90fC34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^5

Play2win
02-04-2012, 03:06 AM
I have flash disabled-- always do... is that a dixie-land rimshot or a yankee one ;D

Flash suck, fyi...

Shananahan
02-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Threads like this are pretty absurd right now. We have no idea what the final roster will be like next year for any of these teams, and history has shown that outside of a few solid franchises the league is turning over constantly year-to-year.

Short answer: No.

Bronco Rob
02-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Threads like this are pretty absurd right now. We have no idea what the final roster will be like next year for any of these teams, and history has shown that outside of a few solid franchises the league is turning over constantly year-to-year.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring absolutely nothing to the table.

:thumbs:

Bronco Rob
02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?

Yes 4

No 11

Going 16-0 Baby! 1

Voters: 16

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
There will be some significant changes to how good some of those teams will be next year - Right now I would say 9-7 is the minimum required for a succesful season in 2012 so 8-8 is not enough.

Shananahan
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to bring absolutely nothing to the table.

You made a thread to ask a question that's incredibly obvious and completely hypothetical. Even worse, there's been several threads just like this in the past week or so. Don't blame me if there's nothing to really add to your big What If? Table.

The simple answer is no, 8-8 wouldn't be any kind of 'success'.

Mogulseeker
02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I hoping for like 10-6 next year with a chance at a SB the year after.

OBF1
02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
9-7 or 10-6 seems real if we nail the draft and free agency AND stay healthy next season. But like mentioned, it is way to early to play this game.

ColoradoDarin
02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
16-0 until we ain't!

Broncoman13
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Considering that this year we overproduced and were not quite as good as our record indicated... hit some teams at the right times, etc.... Yeah, 8-8 would be a success next year. 8-8 will probably win the division again.

Archer81
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I think its possible we have a better team in 2012 and end up with the same record. But its hard to tell in February what will happen in September.

So we will see.

:Broncos:

HAT
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Considering that this year we overproduced and were not quite as good as our record indicated... hit some teams at the right times, etc.... Yeah, 8-8 would be a success next year. 8-8 will probably win the division again.

Agreed. Even with significant improvement from Tebow and the offense as a whole as well as the D....It might not necessarily be reflected in the W/L column.

I don't care who's on the schedule either because it's impossible to measure SOS until AFTER the season.

Said it in another thread that Denver has been a 6 win team for half a decade. Shanny coached 'em up a game or 2, McD's inexperience brought them right back down 6-10 and they were right there again this year.....Props to Denver for making the most of opponents mistakes though.

I expect a step backwards record-wise so I'd definitely be happy with 8-8 again.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-04-2012, 11:11 AM
no. unless we are riddled with injuries to both sides of the ball or something.

R8R H8R
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
For the most part, our record is no longer a concern of mine. All I care about now is winning the division, and then let's see what happens in the playoffs. If we win the west with a 8-8 or 12-4 record, then so be it.

We should be the class of the AFC West since the rest of the teams in the division have serious dysfunction issues. As EFX has said all season, the future is now. :approve:

bronco militia
02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
not a chance...Super Bowl or bust.

this is pro-football for ****s sakes.

extralife
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
For the most part, our record is no longer a concern of mine. All I care about now is winning the division, and then let's see what happens in the playoffs. If we win the west with a 8-8 or 12-4 record, then so be it.

I'm fairly certain that overall record plays some kind of role in who wins the division. I'll have to check.

Bronco Rob
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
View Poll Results: Will 8-8 Be Considered A Success In 2012?

Yes 10

No 35

Going 16-0 Baby! 4

Voters: 49.

R8R H8R
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm fairly certain that overall record plays some kind of role in who wins the division. I'll have to check.

My post clearly went over your head; not surprising.

enjolras
02-05-2012, 12:48 AM
I think 8-8 will be a miracle. Unless there is some sort of free agent haul that I just can't see happening this team just isn't good enough to compete with that schedule.

Atwater His Ass
02-05-2012, 01:15 AM
No. I demand to see improvement from this team.

That means improving the front 4 on defense and figuring out how to utilize one of the greatest atheletes ever to play the QB position. IMO, giving this team an out not to improve on next season is nothing more than a slap in the face of what they were able to accomplish this season.

There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't expect an improvement.

Archer81
02-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Thinking about it, my answer would depend on what we accomplish in FA and the draft. If we sit tight in FA and just sign utility/backup players and then play it safe in the draft, then no I will not be disappointed if we go 8-8 in 2012. It would again be making gold out of lead.

If Denver decides they have the cap room to land a few big name free agents and then make dynamic moves in the draft to get guys who are playmakers, then yes I will be disappointed if they go 8-8. The talent they would have accumulated, plus a full offseason should have netted more than the previous year's team.

But as I said before...its february. Get back to me in June.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
02-05-2012, 09:33 AM
It will not be perceived as a success, but it would be another feat to pull it off. This year's team overachieved significantly to get to 8-8. The overall talent level on this roster is still in the bottom 20% of the league.

ChrisToker
02-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Hope all tebow supporters think 8-8 is good enough cuz this is our future if he is starting qb

strafen
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
We need to establish home dominance, while we're still ways away from being an 8-0 team at home, I feel we can easily go 6-2 and split on the road 4-4.
If we again end up at 8-8 it cannot possibly be considered a success in anybody's sane mind...

Bronx33
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
any positive improvement is a success

Powderaddict
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
2-14 is a successful season as long as those 2 wins are against the raiders.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Hope all tebow supporters think 8-8 is good enough cuz this is our future if he is starting qb

quoted for proof...suck it spider.

RhymesayersDU
02-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Uh, no.

Dedhed
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM

It was good enough to support Shanny, Cutler, Orton, Plummer for 9 of the 10 years before Tebow was ever an option.

chawknz
02-05-2012, 08:22 PM
10-6 minimum.

extralife
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
My post clearly went over your head; not surprising.

yes, it was very difficult to understand.

Drek
02-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Home
(13-3) Saints - Tough game. If we address our needs at DT, MLB, and #2 CB with league average talent though it gets a lot easier. We've got a good young #3 CB who will be better next year and we can get after the passer with Doom, Miller, and Ayers in year 2 of being a DE. Their defense will not do well against our running attack. We could really turn the tables here if we steal Carl Nicks away, significantly weakening their OL while getting a big upgrade for ours.

(12-4) Steelers - Beat 'em in the playoffs in a game that was about three touchdowns closer than it should have been. In the words of Lee Flowers, Pittsburgh is a bunch of paper champions.

(10-6) Texans - If we address DT and MLB like we should be able to this off-season we have the makings of a good run defense even out of the nickel. You stop the run game you stop the Texans.

(8-8) Chargers - Scrubby team that we should have beaten twice this year if Orton wasn't such a joke. Gates is toast, Jackson is a free agent, Rivers has been exposed without his security blankets of a great running game, OL, and stud TE.

(8-8) Chokeland - Should have been a divisional rival sweep here as well if Orton didn't have the hands of a small child covered in crisco. They hired our DC who has only one year of experience as a DC. This is a less qualified hire than McDaniels. Oh, and he's the same dude who didn't show up even remotely ready for the divisional round against the Pats and got us smoke showed. Yeah. Commitment to Excrement = 2 wins.

(7-9) Chefs - They're seriously talking about KO as their starting QB. Crennel has had solid defenses and has no ability to put together a good offense. Pioli has been exposed as the Belichick lackey that he is. Not real concerned about this team turning the corner any time soon.

(4-12) Browns - Smoke show in the making here. Just not a good team at all, possibly going to change to another young QB. Not a lot of good things to even mention about this team.
(4-12) Bucs - Another layup. Tampa can't finish games. Its all the Broncos do. Like stealing candy.

Away
(13-3) Patriots - You can't fix a defense this bad overnight. They need to replace about half of their defensive starters and have already gone through their internal options with nothing to show for it. We just need a couple pieces on D to start slowing their offense down and that D can't handle a coached up, in sync, one more year more matured Broncos offense.

(12-4) Ravens - Much like the Steelers their bark is worse than their bite. Their defense is aging rapidly. No one fears Flacco. Their best receiving weapons are Boldin, who Champ can handle with minimal effort, and Torrey Smith, who Harris can run with and out muscle off the line. Its all about containing Ray Rice, if he's even still there, which of course comes down to us aggressively fixing our DT and MLB needs.

(10-6) Falcons - Overrated team that picks up wins thanks to two cupcakes in the division. Defense doesn't have what it takes to handle a physical offense. Likely losing one or two of their good defensive players in Grimes and/or Lofton. Turner is another year older, another year slower, and another year closer to physical break down.

(9-7) Bengals - Smoke and mirrors 9-7 club that we beat when KO was scrubbin' in up last year, in their house, without a healthy Doom, Champ, or Dawk and before the light came on for Miller.

(8-8) Chargers - See above on the soon to be L.A. Glitter Girls.

(8-8) Chokeland - Do they even have any chance of getting better? They're so far in the hole on draft picks now. This will be the second year in a row without a 1st rounder, despite no playoff appearances to show for it.

(7-9) Chefs - Again, see above. We handled them in their house last year. Only reason we didn't sweep is because we've had no rhythm or chemistry on offense. That will change this off-season.

(6-10) Panthers - Cam Newton has always been Tim Tebow's understudy. Now he's going to get to watch Tebow come into his house and show him how you actually win games.

I'm thinking 10-6 if the FO is even halfway competent in FA this year. If they're aggressive and make some smart moves in FA and the draft we might be talking first round byes.

jhns
02-06-2012, 06:15 AM

Why the hate for Elway and Fox? They brought in good talent and went 8-5 with Tebow this year. I get that they gave away the recievers, which makes it look like they want Tebow to fail, but I doubt they continue making the team worse around him.

Bronco Rob
02-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Woody Paige: Broncos face a brutal schedule in 2012

By Woody Paige - The Denver Post - Posted: 02/10/2012 01:00:00 AM MST

Ringo Starr had it rationally, if not grammatically, right. It don't come easy.

Based on their opponents' records and accomplishments, the Broncos will have the second-toughest NFL schedule in 2012.

The Giants have the hardest schedule slightly.

Both the Broncos and the Giants will play seven teams that reached the playoffs this past season. Five of those teams won their divisions.

A convincing argument could be made, sitting here in February, that the Broncos' schedule is more difficult than the Giants'. The Broncos have to play the other Super Bowl team, the Patriots in Foxborough, Mass., where the Broncos were beaten like a borrowed donkey in a second-round playoff game.

The Giants aren't scheduled to meet the Patriots again, unless it's in the Super Bowl. But, since 2005, the Super Bowl champions haven't won a playoff game the next season (0-4), and twice the Steelers didn't even get to the postseason.

The Giants' adversaries in 2012 (including home-and-home games with the Eagles, the Redskins and the Cowboys) compiled a cumulative 140-116 record in 2011. The Giants will play 11 games against teams that finished .500 or better.

The Broncos' opponents were a shade behind, with a 139-117 record overall. The Broncos' schedule also includes 11 games with teams that were at least 8-8.

It will be suggested that the Giants (9-7) compete in a stronger division the NFC East and I wouldn't disagree. But the Eagles and the Cowboys lagged at 8-8, and Mike Shanahan's Redskins crawled in at 5-11. Three of the AFC West teams the Broncos, the Chargers and the Raiders tied at 8-8, and the Chiefs, with that victory in Denver the final Sunday, were only a game back at 7-9.

Close enough.

for the rest.........http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19933552

Broncomutt
02-10-2012, 06:26 AM

Uhh

Kaylore
02-10-2012, 08:18 AM
The schedule will not be as tough once we're in it. You can't base a schedule off what it looks like in January. I guarantee you three of those "tough teams" are going to be worse than they look right now.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Home
(13-3) Saints - Tough game. If we address our needs at DT, MLB, and #2 CB with league average talent though it gets a lot easier. We've got a good young #3 CB who will be better next year and we can get after the passer with Doom, Miller, and Ayers in year 2 of being a DE. Their defense will not do well against our running attack. We could really turn the tables here if we steal Carl Nicks away, significantly weakening their OL while getting a big upgrade for ours.

(12-4) Steelers - Beat 'em in the playoffs in a game that was about three touchdowns closer than it should have been. In the words of Lee Flowers, Pittsburgh is a bunch of paper champions.

(10-6) Texans - If we address DT and MLB like we should be able to this off-season we have the makings of a good run defense even out of the nickel. You stop the run game you stop the Texans.

(8-8) Chargers - Scrubby team that we should have beaten twice this year if Orton wasn't such a joke. Gates is toast, Jackson is a free agent, Rivers has been exposed without his security blankets of a great running game, OL, and stud TE.

(8-8) Chokeland - Should have been a divisional rival sweep here as well if Orton didn't have the hands of a small child covered in crisco. They hired our DC who has only one year of experience as a DC. This is a less qualified hire than McDaniels. Oh, and he's the same dude who didn't show up even remotely ready for the divisional round against the Pats and got us smoke showed. Yeah. Commitment to Excrement = 2 wins.

(7-9) Chefs - They're seriously talking about KO as their starting QB. Crennel has had solid defenses and has no ability to put together a good offense. Pioli has been exposed as the Belichick lackey that he is. Not real concerned about this team turning the corner any time soon.

(4-12) Browns - Smoke show in the making here. Just not a good team at all, possibly going to change to another young QB. Not a lot of good things to even mention about this team.
(4-12) Bucs - Another layup. Tampa can't finish games. Its all the Broncos do. Like stealing candy.

Away
(13-3) Patriots - You can't fix a defense this bad overnight. They need to replace about half of their defensive starters and have already gone through their internal options with nothing to show for it. We just need a couple pieces on D to start slowing their offense down and that D can't handle a coached up, in sync, one more year more matured Broncos offense.

(12-4) Ravens - Much like the Steelers their bark is worse than their bite. Their defense is aging rapidly. No one fears Flacco. Their best receiving weapons are Boldin, who Champ can handle with minimal effort, and Torrey Smith, who Harris can run with and out muscle off the line. Its all about containing Ray Rice, if he's even still there, which of course comes down to us aggressively fixing our DT and MLB needs.

(10-6) Falcons - Overrated team that picks up wins thanks to two cupcakes in the division. Defense doesn't have what it takes to handle a physical offense. Likely losing one or two of their good defensive players in Grimes and/or Lofton. Turner is another year older, another year slower, and another year closer to physical break down.

(9-7) Bengals - Smoke and mirrors 9-7 club that we beat when KO was scrubbin' in up last year, in their house, without a healthy Doom, Champ, or Dawk and before the light came on for Miller.

(8-8) Chargers - See above on the soon to be L.A. Glitter Girls.

(8-8) Chokeland - Do they even have any chance of getting better? They're so far in the hole on draft picks now. This will be the second year in a row without a 1st rounder, despite no playoff appearances to show for it.

(7-9) Chefs - Again, see above. We handled them in their house last year. Only reason we didn't sweep is because we've had no rhythm or chemistry on offense. That will change this off-season.

(6-10) Panthers - Cam Newton has always been Tim Tebow's understudy. Now he's going to get to watch Tebow come into his house and show him how you actually win games.

I'm thinking 10-6 if the FO is even halfway competent in FA this year. If they're aggressive and make some smart moves in FA and the draft we might be talking first round byes.

I like the way you think. First round-byes might border on homerism. But I'm a big fan of homerism. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-10-2012, 08:45 AM
funny how they get the hardest schedules on the league every year..11 teams with an 8-8 or better record?? look at patriots schedule 2011...laughable..and yet they still couldnt beat anyone with a better than 8-8 record till Championship game..thats the definition of a cake walk..

8-8 for 2012 would mean games won against good teams...id say its not a fail

BroncoBen
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Someone told me the Broncos are going to have the 2nd hardest schedule in 2012.

That schedule the Broncos are going play is going to be brutal. If the Broncos win 6 games that will be a good season. I guess if you want to be the best.. you have to play the the best.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
BroncoBen? i lost all train of thought after glancing at your AV.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
BroncoBen? i lost all train of thought after glancing at your AV.

You're going to have to improve your focus. That one's not even in his Top 10.

Popps
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Nice schedule.

How the **** does an 8-8 team land 6 playoff teams in their non-divisinoal games?

lonestar
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
without looking at the actual schedule and doing this before the draft and FA. this is like flying at night in the thunderstorm clouds..

Home games include games vs.

(13-3) Saints LOSS
(12-4) Steelers LOSS
(10-6) Texans LOSS
(8-8) Chargers to close to call early in the year probably a win late not a chance
(8-8) Chokeland win
(7-9) Chefs win
(4-12) Browns win
(4-12) Bucs win

Away games include games vs.

(13-3) Patriots LOSS
(12-4) Ravens LOSS
(10-6) Falcons LOSS
(9-7) Bengals LOSS
(8-8) Chargers LOSS
(8-8) Chokeland LOSS
(7-9) Chefs LOSS
(6-10) Panthers win

Looks like 6-10 to me as it stands right this minute..

If we get some great draft picks and a couple of key FA and suffer not major injuries could be a 9-7 season..

But KC is on the rise loads of talent, new coach in crennel could be a real problem..
OAK about the same although not sure about their coaching, davis is dead so WTFK which direction this team will do.. I suspect if they allow the HC to call the plays instead of being a puppet, they could be a damned good team..

SAN loads of talent still have norv as a coach.

those are 6 of the games that are going to be tough ones.. the rest are pretty much playoff teams..

Taco John
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

bendog
02-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I wouln't wright off the Saints. They're gonna lose some offensive starters, and they fired the DC after the SF loss

Drek
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM

That schedule the Broncos are going play is going to be brutal. If the Broncos win 6 games that will be a good season. I guess if you want to be the best.. you have to play the the best.

Sorry bro, Broncs are going to buttsecks their schedule causing irreparable harm to some fools. Then everyone will talk about our easy schedule and weak division when we wait for our divisional round opponent to be chosen for us.

Division sweep incoming. Our division is full of candy asses who can't handle a real running game or an opponent with any real toughness. They're simply incapable of closing the talent gap we're creating over their old (chargers), retarded (raiders), or just plan bad (chiefs) rosters.

NFC South? Powder puffs. One good offense, no good defenses. Going to be a lot of QBs crying to Papa Goodell about Miller and Doom not understanding that no means no.

AFC North? We clowned the squealers in the playoffs, we'll do it again and the same to the **** birds. The Cleve is a magical place only brought down by the real mistake by the lake, bringing the Browns back so everyone in the area has to watch a public display of sodomy every Sunday. The Bengals lost to the Denver ORTONS last year. They shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL next season.

Texans? Elway relegated Kubes to irrelevance as a player, he's gonna do the same as a coach. Tebow's first career win came against the Texans too, so baby Teebs already marked out the land of steers and queers as his bitches. Then when the Texans fall apart and go 6-10 Kubes gets fired, McCoy gets a job as an HC somewhere following Tebow's Pro Bowl season, and Kubes comes home as our new OC.

Brady can't handle a pass rush and we no longer have a DC too busy sucking up to the spawn of the crypt keeper to put together a competent game plan. Del Rio will have Doom and Miller putting up their best Ike impression for Tina Brady to enjoy. Giselle will join the pack of Tebow chasers after T-Brad gets crushed so hard that Satan calls him back home to stop any further embarrassment.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Sorry bro, Broncs are going to buttsecks their schedule causing irreparable harm to some fools. Then everyone will talk about our easy schedule and weak division when we wait for our divisional round opponent to be chosen for us.

Yeah, this is similar to when they trot out the "But they only played 3 playoff teams all year." stuff.

If you think about it, if you win your division, there's a good chance you won't play another playoff team through your whole division schedule. Then you're locked into playing an entire division in the opposite conference. And since there's only one division champ, there's another good chance you'll only play one 'playoff team' in those 4 games.

So there's a good chance you have 10 games right there where you only play one playoff team. That leaves 6 other games, where if you get 2 playoff teams out of 6, you could still easily end up with only 3 games against playoff bound teams. By the numbers, 4 playoff teams might be more likely than 3. But I'd guess 5 is probably more unlikely than either.

So when people whine about someone 'only playing 3 playoff teams all year' just ask yourself "Would playing 4 really be much different?"

ScottXray
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

(13-3) Saints
(12-4) Steelers
(10-6) Texans
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(4-12) Browns
(4-12) Bucs

(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

We will face seven playoff teams, four division winners and three wild cards, four of which are away and three at home. The only games that are not against division rivals or teams who made the playoffs are against the Panthers Bucs and Browns on the road.

The schedule is brutal and so actually getting to 8-8 on it would be a success.

But it would not leave a taste in the mouth that many here would think of as successful. 9-7 or 10-6 and another division title is now the bar. Unfortunately I don't think we can improve enough to reach it, as we still have so many holes to fill and our weakest positions are the most critical.

My bet is that we probably won't repeat the division win, but I'll be satisfied
if we get to 8-8 again and show improvement in offense and defense.

barryr
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Next years schedule and how tough it might be won't matter if the Broncos do not find of have a consistent big play guy on offense and the defense isn't anywhere near the top 10. If neither happens, I don't see them making the playoffs regardless of what the schedule looks like.

BroncoBeavis
02-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone know when the actual schedule usually comes out?

How about opening up against Safari Cam and the Panths? OM would be in meltdown mode right out of the gate. :)

Taco John
02-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Anyone know when the actual schedule usually comes out?

How about opening up against Safari Cam and the Panths? OM would be in meltdown mode right out of the gate. :)

I think it comes out in April before the draft.

I'm looking to take my son to his first Broncos game to see Payton Manning.

UberBroncoMan
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
No, but it's more realistic than anything better than that.

Missouribronc
02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Too many variables to know, really.

Honestly, if Tebow can even remotely look like an NFL quarterback and this team doesn't make the playoffs, I'd be ok with how the season turned out.

Another ****ty season, because quarterback-wise that's what we saw this season, and I don't believe we can even remotely compete, let alone get anywhere near 8-8.

lonestar
02-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Division sweep incoming. Our division is full of candy asses who can't handle a real running game or an opponent with any real toughness. They're simply incapable of closing the talent gap we're creating over their old (chargers), retarded (raiders), or just plan bad (chiefs) rosters.

NFC South? Powder puffs. One good offense, no good defenses. Going to be a lot of QBs crying to Papa Goodell about Miller and Doom not understanding that no means no.

AFC North? We clowned the squealers in the playoffs, we'll do it again and the same to the **** birds. The Cleve is a magical place only brought down by the real mistake by the lake, bringing the Browns back so everyone in the area has to watch a public display of sodomy every Sunday. The Bengals lost to the Denver ORTONS last year. They shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL next season.

Texans? Elway relegated Kubes to irrelevance as a player, he's gonna do the same as a coach. Tebow's first career win came against the Texans too, so baby Teebs already marked out the land of steers and queers as his b****es. Then when the Texans fall apart and go 6-10 Kubes gets fired, McCoy gets a job as an HC somewhere following Tebow's Pro Bowl season, and Kubes comes home as our new OC.

Brady can't handle a pass rush and we no longer have a DC too busy sucking up to the spawn of the crypt keeper to put together a competent game plan. Del Rio will have Doom and Miller putting up their best Ike impression for Tina Brady to enjoy. Giselle will join the pack of Tebow chasers after T-Brad gets crushed so hard that Satan calls him back home to stop any further embarrassment.

We could not stop Brady twice last year.. IN fact no oNE could stop him..

Texans will only get better with age..

Our division also will improve they have all been sucking at the top ten draft teat for way to long except the Chargers who loaded up with talent years agao and the only thing holding them back is a great coach..

You are so wrong in your assement and your whole post is fantasy land..

Play2win
02-11-2012, 10:38 AM

At the beginning or the end of next season, though? Almost every team is going to have a different record, to some degree, next season than they do now. I'd be interested to see how hard our schedule is next year, after the season is done. It would be more closer to the truth.

Powderaddict
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I've never really put much into the "strength of schedule".

Teams will change, players will get hurt.

But what's really important is taking care of the division. The rest of the division has to play many of those same teams. A couple years ago, Oakland went 6-0 in the division but missed the playoffs, but that was a huge anomaly.

Take care of the division, the rest will sort itself out. Look at the Giants this year. Didn't have a great regular season record, but won the division. Once your in, anything can happen.

It will be a brutal schedule, but it will for the rest of the AFC West as well.

Bronco Rob
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes - 22

No - 71

Going 16-0 Baby! - 6

Steve Sewell
03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Do you guys realize how hard it will be to beat a Manning led Broncos team at Mile High next year?

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
How confusing since you changed it. Shoulda just made a new one.

That said, if I have to root for Peyton F'ing Manning as a Bronco, he better bring something to the table. Mediocre football better not be the result.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Do you guys realize how hard it will be to beat a Manning led Broncos team at Mile High next year?

With no defensive tackles worth a ****, a secondary one Champ Bailey away from being the worst in the league, and Joe Mays playing Mike? I don't think it will be as hard as you expect.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
With no defensive tackles worth a ****, a secondary one Champ Bailey away from being the worst in the league, and Joe Mays playing Mike? I don't think it will be as hard as you expect.

One of my favorite games ever was the Indy game where Mike Bell lit the place up. That game was literally back and forth until the very end.

We could do worse than a season full of that.

ClamChowdah
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM

I agree, Manning and Brady if you look through their career they regularly go 7-1 / 8-0 at home.

I'll give the Broncos 11 wins with the 5 losses coming @Patriots, @Ravens, @Falcons,@Chargers and dropping one of Steelers/Texans/Saints at home.

Win one playoff home game, lose on the road in the Divisional to the Patriots or Ravens.

strafen
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM

(13-3) Saints
(12-4) Steelers
(10-6) Texans
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(4-12) Browns
(4-12) Bucs

(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

I see at least 5 primetime games out of that schedule! :strong:

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:15 PM
By the way, I won't be at all surprised if we go 8-8 with Manning. Yes he's an improvement over Tebow, but our schedule is tougher, we've most likely gotten worse on defense, and we weren't really an 8-8 team anyway (not if you look at point differential). I'm not saying we don't do better necessarily, but I really won't be at all surprised if the season is a huge disappointment for all the people already planning their Super Bowl parties.

strafen
03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
With no defensive tackles worth a ****, a secondary one Champ Bailey away from being the worst in the league, and Joe Mays playing Mike? I don't think it will be as hard as you expect.You're right, if we only had Tebow back, you would be siging a different tune, won't ya'?

ClamChowdah
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I see at least 5 primetime games out of that schedule! :strong:

Patriots-Broncos will definitely be on SNF.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
8-8 is never considered a success in the NFL

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
One of my favorite games ever was the Indy game where Mike Bell lit the place up. That game was literally back and forth until the very end.

We could do worse than a season full of that.

If you expect Manning to replicate the production of his prime on a talent deficient roster while installing his offense with a new team, you are going to be let down. His numbers have been steadily declining in recent years anyway, and now he's going to be dealing with tons of guys that won't really "get it" until well into season. The second year will almost certainly be better, but I fully expect one the least impressive statistical performances of Manning's career in 2012.

But I won't complain if he manages a 40 TD season. Not at all.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
You're right, if we only had Tebow back, you would be siging a different tune, won't ya'?

Err...our defense sucks no matter who is playing QB. Even more so with us losing our only decent DT. Why the **** are you making this about Tebow?

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
By the way, I won't be at all surprised if we go 8-8 with Manning. Yes he's an improvement over Tebow, but our schedule is tougher, we've most likely gotten worse on defense, and we weren't really an 8-8 team anyway (not if you look at point differential). I'm not saying we don't do better necessarily, but I really won't be at all surprised if the season is a huge disappointment for all the people already planning their Super Bowl parties.

I sort of begrudgingly agree.

But if they sign one of the vet CB still left. Porter etc. And if they got a big body if FA to stick at DT, maybe even one of the Saint castoffs or Franklin, then draft defense, maybe sign Tamme, who knows they could be pretty darn good.

baja
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
10 wins and a playoff berth to be successful

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
If you expect Manning to replicate the production of his prime on a talent deficient roster while installing his offense with a new team, you are going to be let down. His numbers have been steadily declining in recent years anyway, and now he's going to be dealing with tons of guys that won't really "get it" until well into season. The second year will almost certainly be better, but I fully expect one the least impressive statistical performances of Manning's career in 2012.

But I won't complain if he manages a 40 TD season. Not at all.

His last season was like 4600 yrds. I thinking he easily gets to 3800 yrds in Denver. And that would be a down yr for him.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM

But if they sign one of the vet CB still left. Porter etc. And if they got a big body if FA to stick at DT, maybe even one of the Saint castoffs or Franklin, then draft defense, maybe sign Tamme, who knows they could be pretty darn good.

If they pull of a lot of impact moves things could change of course. Or if they hit some home runs in the draft. But the realistic outlook is we are probably not going to be anywhere close to being a contender next season.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
His last season was like 4600 yrds. I thinking he easily gets to 3800 yrds in Denver. And that would be a down yr for him.

I'm not saying he'll have a terrible season. I'm saying he'll have a terrible season for him. I agree with the 3800 yards. I also see him having 26 touchdowns to 16 interceptions. Not terrible by any means, but not the earth-shattering offensive production that will consistently allow us to overcome our dog**** defense or our very mediocre run game (post Tebow). That was my point.

Heyneck
03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
anything short of the divisional round would be a failure... Peyton is going to enter 2012 with a better team that Tebow. Who cares about the schedule... the strength of it will eventually change during the season. Remember this is a win now move. So lets go and kick ass!!!

NFLBRONCO
03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied. It will take a year to adjust new scheme and longer to fill holes on this roster esp on D.

R8R H8R
03-21-2012, 09:33 PM

Who's left at DT that can even equal Bunkley, much less be an upgrade? And we might even lose Thomas if we don't get going. I really hope EFX starts to act w/ a sense of urgency because I am getting nervous about this, and I don't think it wise to rely on rookie, assuming they actually take one or two this year.

lostknight
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
No.

Anything less then surpassing what Tebow did with this team will be a abject failure. The standard is super-bowl or bust.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
No.

Anything less then surpassing what Tebow did with this team will be a abject failure. The standard is super-bowl or bust.

They at least need more than one playoff win.

baja
03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied. It will take a year to adjust new scheme and longer to fill holes on this roster esp on D.

The excuse to bring in Manning was to win now. Odds are we can expect 2, 3 years out of him (hopefully more) but count on two and your happy with 8 wins? If we only win 8 games bringing in PM was a failure.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
If Manning looks like old self and no neck issues and finishes 8-8 I'm satisfied.

You really are a joke of a poster.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:44 PM
anything short of the divisional round would be a failure... Peyton is going to enter 2012 with a better team that Tebow. Who cares about the schedule... the strength of it will eventually change during the season. Remember this is a win now move. So lets go and kick ass!!!

Outside of Manning himself, exactly how is our team better than last year presently? I'm curious. We need at least one quality player to just even out the loss of Bunkley. Probably more considering how important DT is and how little talent we have at the position.

strafen
03-21-2012, 09:44 PM

8-8?
Are you kidding me?
i'll be depressed if we go yet another 8-8
Maybe you don't have a clear recollection what an old-self fully healthy Peyton is like

baja
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Exactly how is our team better than last year presently? I'm curious.

manning will take a lot of pressure off of our D this will help them tremendously

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
8-8?
Are you kidding me?
i'll be depressed if we go yet another 8-8
Maybe you don't have a clear recollection what an old-self fully healthy Peyton is like

The last season he played, he was playing with a roster comparably talent deficient to ours, but those players were well versed in his offense and had established chemistry with him; they still only went 10-6. To think 8-8 isn't possible with a Manning who is older and hasn't played in a long time is just willfully delusional.

SimonFletcher73
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
The bar was set during the Manning news conference. Super Bowl is the only success. Don't care how they do it.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
manning will take a lot of pressure off of our D this will help them tremendously

But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?

maher_tyler
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
8-8 with Tebow is a success! 8-8 with Manning is a failure! I expect 10-6 minimum.

baja
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
The last season he played, he was playing with a roster comparably talent deficient to ours, but those players were well versed in his offense and had established chemistry with him; they still only went 10-6. To think 8-8 isn't possible with a Manning who is older and hasn't played in a long time is just willfully delusional.

Hey we could go 0 and 16 but anything less than 10 wins this season even with the brutal schedule and IMO getting Manning at the expense of Tebow will be a huge failure. All Bronco fans should feel the same on this one.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey we could go 0 and 16 but anything less than 10 wins this season even with the brutal schedule and IMO getting Manning at the expense of Tebow will be a huge failure. All Bronco fans should feel the same on this one.

Anything short of a Super Bowl win will be a failure in my eyes. EFX have set the bar with this whole fiasco and I'm holding them to it.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?

If you want to discount my point of manning having far least 3 and outs that Tebow as a reason why the d is better than I don' know what to say to you.

They are on the field less. They should be playing with a lead more often. They can send their to studs more often.

Manning will also wear down the opposing Ds with his hurry up O in the rarefied air at home.

cutthemdown
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
People who except defense to be suddenly better just because we have Manning are deluded. Sure they will get to blitz more probably. But NE torched us. We need a CB, a starting DT, a rotational player at DT, Vickerson or Warren to get healthy, Carter and or Moore to improve, Miller and Doom to once again play well. Those are a lot of ifs right now.

If Broncos can ad a journeyman DT in FA, draft a young athletic DT, maybe add a TE and RB in FA, a CB also then lets talk about making a run.

Right now no way Broncos that much better then last yr. On defense they have gotten worst so far.

Agamemnon
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
If you want to discount my point of manning having far least 3 and outs that Tebow as a reason why the d is better than I don' know what to say to you.

They are on the field less. They should be playing with a lead more often. They can send their to studs more often.

Manning will also wear down the opposing Ds with his hurry up O in the rarefied air at home.

I'm not discounting it. It's simply immaterial to the question of our roster's quality.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
People who except defense to be suddenly better just because we have Manning are deluded. Sure they will get to blitz more probably. But NE torched us. We need a CB, a starting DT, a rotational player at DT, Vickerson or Warren to get healthy, Carter and or Moore to improve, Miller and Doom to once again play well. Those are a lot of ifs right now.

If Broncos can ad a journeyman DT in FA, draft a young athletic DT, maybe add a TE and RB in FA, a CB also then lets talk about making a run.

Right now no way Broncos that much better then last yr. On defense they have gotten worst so far.

They were on the field too much last year - That matters.

NUB
03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Will 8-8 be considered a success? That is a very dumb question.

baja
03-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not discounting it. It's simply immaterial to the question of our roster's quality.

Every entity has is limit of production, our D had too much demanded of it last season and as a result their effectiveness was diminished you will see the same group preform at a higher level this year with PM running the O. thus improved.

Rolandftw
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Anything short of a SB victory is a failure to me. It's just a matter of how big a failure it is.

8-8, would be a failure of epic proportions.

That One Guy
03-21-2012, 10:45 PM

The passing game will be better, the running game will be worse. In this league, that translates to points. That's how this should be judged. We didn't change the roster when Tebow became QB but the run game got more productive by way of how the players were used. The offense will be able to put up more points (in theory) so the team will be improved. Whether they can translate that new scenario into a more effective use of the D is what we'll be waiting to see. Some theorize they can send the pass rushers now and it'll make a difference but straight up the middle is possibly worse right now than anything Manning ever had on one of his Ds. As of right now, the D has gotten tremendously worse so at this point, we have to rely on the different usages of the players to bail us out or we're fooked.

broncocalijohn
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM

and par for the course.

Hell no 8-8 isnt good enough. If Tebow was QB, I think 8-8 or 9-7 would be expected. We don't bring in a HOF QB for an 8-8 season. Period.

BroncoMan4ever
03-22-2012, 01:16 AM
8-8 is failure. anything less than AFCCG and this place will explode when Tebow fans return to talk **** that the 96 million dollar man is no better than Tim was last season

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 04:05 AM
The passing game will be better, the running game will be worse. In this league, that translates to points. That's how this should be judged. We didn't change the roster when Tebow became QB but the run game got more productive by way of how the players were used. The offense will be able to put up more points (in theory) so the team will be improved. Whether they can translate that new scenario into a more effective use of the D is what we'll be waiting to see. Some theorize they can send the pass rushers now and it'll make a difference but straight up the middle is possibly worse right now than anything Manning ever had on one of his Ds. As of right now, the D has gotten tremendously worse so at this point, we have to rely on the different usages of the players to bail us out or we're fooked.

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the roster has been improved. You are talking about something else entirely: how the team performs on the field.

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 04:06 AM
8-8 is failure. anything less than AFCCG and this place will explode when Tebow fans return to talk **** that the 96 million dollar man is no better than Tim was last season

Tebow fans won't have to return. Many long-time Bronco fans are Tebow fans too, despite the ridiculous notions many have to the contrary.

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 04:07 AM
Every entity has is limit of production, our D had too much demanded of it last season and as a result their effectiveness was diminished you will see the same group preform at a higher level this year with PM running the O. thus improved.

Okay people, on the field performance is not the same thing as roster quality. Come on now.

rbackfactory80
03-22-2012, 04:19 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21690&page=3

Bronco Rob
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes -- 22

No -- 113

Going 16-0 Baby! -- 9

Voters: 144

That One Guy
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Okay people, on the field performance is not the same thing as roster quality. Come on now.

On the field performance is the only gauge of roster quality. Are you wanting to gauge off last year's fantasy stats?

BroncoBen
03-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I see the Broncos going 10-6 or 11-5, winning the AFC-West and making a push in the playoffs. Anything less would be a disaster...

g6matty
03-22-2012, 08:30 AM
we have a brutal schedule but hopefully our division will beat each other up like usual and we can squeak out the AFCW with a 10-6 record. probably wont get a first round bye in the playoffs but im all in with peyton at QB hopefully our guys pick up his system and were high flying and high scoring

edog24
03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I see the Broncos going 10-6 or 11-5, winning the AFC-West and making a push in the playoffs. Anything less would be a disaster...

Agreed, and your avy today is spectacular.

Gort
03-22-2012, 08:53 AM
i voted "no", but we really don't know what sort of team we'll have this year until all the FA signings are done and the draft is done. then we need a very good camp to get everyone on the same page. this could still end up being 6-10 team this year, with this schedule, even if Manning is healthy. there is still alot more work to be done by the FO.

maher_tyler
03-22-2012, 09:05 AM
i voted "no", but we really don't know what sort of team we'll have this year until all the FA signings are done and the draft is done. then we need a very good camp to get everyone on the same page. this could still end up being 6-10 team this year, with this schedule, even if Manning is healthy. there is still alot more work to be done by the FO.

I don't care...you don't sign HoF PM and accept 8-8 as a success. I expect a division crown and 2nd round of the playoffs at the minimum!!

GreatBronco16
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
It doesn't matter if it's 8, 10, 14 etc. All I've heard from the anti Tebow people, is that Manning made us 100% better. So we should be in the Super Bowl for the next 3-4 years. Anything less than that, then going after Manning was a waste of time and money for the Broncos.

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Remember when this thread was made and I said it was pointless, because we didn't know what would happen in FA and the draft, and then Peyton Manning became the QB and Tebow was traded?

Gort
03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't care...you don't sign HoF PM and accept 8-8 as a success. I expect a division crown and 2nd round of the playoffs at the minimum!!

so... exactly what Tebow gave us?

:wiggle:

Bronco_Beerslug
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
But is our roster actually better? That's my point. Not whether or not Manning will have a positive effect on them. Right now we have lost our best DT, and added nothing of worth so far in return (leaving Manning out obviously). So again, how is this roster better than last year's?We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.
Any more stupid questions?

55CrushEm
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
How in the hell could simply matching last year's record be considered a success? Given that we've just had a MAJOR upgrade at the most important position on the field....

Kind of a silly question......

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
8-8 would be nearly complete failure.

baja
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
8-8 would be nearly complete failure.

Someone here said he would be perfectly happy with 8 & 8

He should send off for a Russian mail order wife cause he will be happy with what ever he gets

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 12:18 PM
I expect 10 and 6 and the AFC West Title. Anything more than that and I'll be very happy.

Anybody seen our schedule? Yikes!

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Someone here said he would be perfectly happy with 8 & 8

He should send off for a Russian mail order wife cause he will be happy with what ever he gets

He'd probably be happy with "Dis Peggy" from those bank commercials.

GreatBronco16
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.

Griese had won a super bowl and completed 60+% of his passes. How'd that turn out?;D

broncswin
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
:punched:8-8...wtf...it's not like we just pulled Plummer off the hand ball court and forced his a$$ to throw left handed jump passes...this is"F-U KC and my kneck is made outta steel Manning" we are talking about

11-5 or better

8-8...Fook me!!:nutkick

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 02:47 PM
We just got rid of a QB that completes 47% of his passes and 17 TDs, for one that completes 69%of his passes, thrown for 400 TDs and has won a SB.

Pay attention. I was talking about the roster outside of the QB position.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Of course you were but the roster includes PM now and it doesn't include Tebow, get over it.

USMCBladerunner
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
No it won't...we traded Tebow's upside (debate quantity elsewhere) in the future for more immediate returns from Manning, so I don't think 8-8 gets it done for the franchise, unless they get into the playoffs and make a strong run at it. Win/Loss records don't matter once you are in the playoffs.

baja
03-22-2012, 04:23 PM

Manning floats all boats higher.

(but so did Tebow)

OBF1
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Why would anyone consider the Broncos having the same record again next year a success???

Denver with Tebow pulled off 8-8, Now you are paying the greatest QB in history in Peyton Manning 19 million a year and you would be happy with the same record?... This place is full of village idiots.

baja
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Why would anyone consider the Broncos having the same record again next year a success???

Denver with Tebow pulled off 8-8, Now you are paying the greatest QB in history in Peyton Manning 19 million a year and you would be happy with the same record?... This place is full of village idiots.

I only saw one poster saying 8 & 8 would be acceptable to him. I'm not going to mention who because I like him.

McDman
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
It absolutely won't but we have a god damn brutal schedule. We HAVE to fix our DT issues.

Broncobiv
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
My God, what a horrible decision it was to bump this thread after the Manning signing...

Bronco Rob
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Yes -- 22

No -- 136

Going 16-0 Baby! -- 11

Voters: 169

;)

McDman
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM

I would make the sex with that girl in your avatar. Make it hard!

Bronco Rob
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
;)

go_broncos
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Anything other than winning Super Bowl with Manning is a failure to me.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I knew there were at least 12 complete morons on this board, but 22?

Bronco Rob
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM

:D

Cito Pelon
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Denver has to make it to the AFCCG at least, and make a strong showing in that game. Otherwise, what the heck did you sign him for? If Peyton somehow manages to start for 3 years they better win at least one AFC Title and get to two AFCCG's, otherwise what the heck did you sign him for?

Broncolt
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
16-0 until we ain't!

QFT!

Agamemnon
03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Denver has to make it to the AFCCG at least, and make a strong showing in that game. Otherwise, what the heck did you sign him for? If Peyton somehow manages to start for 3 years they better win at least one AFC Title and get to two AFCCG's, otherwise what the heck did you sign him for?

If we don't win a Super Bowl before he retires, signing him was a mistake. Period.

Broncobiv
03-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Bear in mind, most people voted before the thread was bumped (when Tebow was the starter and there was no Manning).

Mile High Salute
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Question: when's the last time a Peyton Manning-team went 8-8?
Answer: 2001. Every season since then he's won 10 games, and most of the time 12.

Second question: what happened to the Colts last year when Manning didn't play?
Answer: They went from 10-6 to 2-14.

Bottom line...tough schedule or not, barring a major catastrophe the Broncos will win 10 games and the AFC West next year. John Clayton had an interesting column on ESPN.com about a week ago about how many wins a QB brings to the team, and Peyton Manning was near the top. This season will show the Broncos won as many games last year in spite of Tim Tebow as they did because of him.

Mark me down for 10 or more. GO BRONCOS!

Agamemnon
03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Question: when's the last time a Peyton Manning-team went 8-8?
Answer: 2001. Every season since then he's won 10 games, and most of the time 12.

Second question: what happened to the Colts last year when Manning didn't play?
Answer: They went from 10-6 to 2-14.

Bottom line...tough schedule or not, barring a major catastrophe the Broncos will win 10 games and the AFC West next year. John Clayton had an interesting column on ESPN.com about a week ago about how many wins a QB brings to the team, and Peyton Manning was near the top. This season will show the Broncos won as many games last year in spite of Tim Tebow as they did because of him.

Mark me down for 10 or more. GO BRONCOS!

People who are expecting 2006 Peyton Manning in 2012 tickle me...

NFLBRONCO
03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
8-8

would be a failure but, new team new coaches and plenty of holes. Peyton missed all year I expect 10-6 max. SB run starts in 2013.

strafen
03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
It absolutely won't but we have a god damn brutal schedule. We HAVE to fix our DT issues.

It may not matter too much to Peyton.
The dude's averaged 12 wins a season, or something ridiculous like that, and also averages something like 26 points a game.
Yeah, he knows a tough schedule when he sees one.
Our defense needs to be up to par, though; and like you've said, it starts at the DT position and across the front line, for that matter...

strafen
03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
8-8

would be a failure but, new team new coaches and plenty of holes. Peyton missed all year I expect 10-6 max. SB run starts in 2013.

I actually expect our defense to be better this year, and much improved in points per game allowed...

R8R H8R
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
If we fix our DT problem, we should contend for the AFCCG this year. If we don't, we will probably come short, and that would be a disappointment.

NFLBRONCO
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
I actually expect our defense to be better this year, and much improved in points per game allowed...

DT MLB are still an issue

strafen
03-27-2012, 10:02 PM
DT MLB are still an issueWe're in position to grab one of the elite DT's coming out of the draft.
Hopefully it will be Devon Still...
Del Rio's presence will also have a great impact on our defense this year...

KCStud
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM

(13-3) Saints
(12-4) Steelers
(10-6) Texans
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(4-12) Browns
(4-12) Bucs

(13-3) Patriots
(12-4) Ravens
(10-6) Falcons
(9-7) Bengals
(8-8) Chargers
(8-8) Chokeland
(7-9) Chefs
(6-10) Panthers

That's a hard schedule. The Panthers, Bengals and Bucs are gonna be a bitch to play. They will improved over last year.

Doggcow
03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
We're in position to grab one of the elite DT's coming out of the draft.
Hopefully it will be Devon Still...
Del Rio's presence will also have a great impact on our defense this year...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxxzfyYdGK1qa5lz7o1_400.gif

The Moops
03-28-2012, 03:28 AM
So... who are the maners that said Yes?!?
Seriously if Tebow stayed and went 8-8 this site would call him a huge bust, one-hit wonder. Since Broncs aren't interested in building team with a young QB, anything short of division title and 2 playoff victories will be a failure. Don't give me the tough schedule crap. Like Elway said, We're going with Plan A. It's Peyton friggin' Manning.

Bronco Rob
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
;)

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 01:41 PM
It doesn't matter if it's 8, 10, 14 etc. All I've heard from the anti Tebow people, is that Manning made us 100% better. So we should be in the Super Bowl for the next 3-4 years. Anything less than that, then going after Manning was a waste of time and money for the Broncos.

LOL, is this what the Tebow people are going to think when we can't win all of the possible Super Bowls? We don't sniff what we did this season with Tebow. We might win the division but that is because the other 3 teams suck this season.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
;)

Rob,
Why isnt this poll public? I would love to know what low lifes thought 8-8 would be ok. Tebow fans? Who knows but ugh on those 22 "fans".

broncosteven
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
So glad we don't need to worry about 8-8 or backing into the playoffs anymore.

I have been watching the last 4 games with zero stress. Last year I had to pop Xanax because my anxiety would kick in with all those close games and the 3 game slide to end the year.

Even last night after Oakland pulled the closest it got I knew we had this one.

I am content with 3-4 years of Manning if this is what we get to look forward to.

R8R H8R
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Rob,
Why isnt this poll public? I would love to know what low lifes thought 8-8 would be ok. Tebow fans? Who knows but ugh on those 22 "fans".

I don't remember what I voted, if I even did, but to be fair, this poll was made before we aquired Manning. So a 8-8 record w/Tebow and the perceived tough schedule is not all that surprising.

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 04:54 PM
without looking at the actual schedule and doing this before the draft and FA. this is like flying at night in the thunderstorm clouds..

(13-3) Saints LOSS
(12-4) Steelers LOSS
(10-6) Texans LOSS
(8-8) Chargers to close to call early in the year probably a win late not a chance
(8-8) Chokeland win
(7-9) Chefs win
(4-12) Browns win
(4-12) Bucs win

(13-3) Patriots LOSS
(12-4) Ravens LOSS
(10-6) Falcons LOSS
(9-7) Bengals LOSS
(8-8) Chargers LOSS
(8-8) Chokeland LOSS
(7-9) Chefs LOSS
(6-10) Panthers win

If we get some great draft picks and a couple of key FA and suffer not major injuries could be a 9-7 season..

But KC is on the rise loads of talent, new coach in crennel could be a real problem..
OAK about the same although not sure about their coaching, davis is dead so WTFK which direction this team will do.. I suspect if they allow the HC to call the plays instead of being a puppet, they could be a damned good team..

those are 6 of the games that are going to be tough ones.. the rest are pretty much playoff teams..

:giggle:

BroncsCheer
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I remember this thread - didn't vote personally

Anyway - some nice timely bumps by Bronco Rob - rep

A good read - some early fail but nothing yet from Agamnemonic?

Seriously dude - did you eat some crow yet for that stream of bull****?

baja
12-07-2012, 05:31 PM

Damn I'm good. ;D

swaiy
12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
10 wins and a playoff berth to be successful

^5

broncosteven
12-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Anyone who thinks Romeo is good enough to be a real problem is a fool, dude has a lifetime win percentage of .300

Greatspirits
12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Hell no! They need to win at least 13 games + at least 2 or 3 playoff games and the Super Bowl for this season to be a success!

baja
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Hell no! They need to win at least 13 games + at least 2 or 3 playoff games and the Super Bowl for this season to be a success!

That is so 12-07-2012 6:45 PM

Greatspirits
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
That is so 12-07-2012 6:45 PM

No seriously, that's what I thought 2/04/12 4:03 am

CEH
12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
People who are expecting 2006 Peyton Manning in 2012 tickle me...

16 16 12-4-0 362 557 65.0 4397 31 5.6 9 1.6 68 7.9 8.3 12.1 274.8 101.0

13 13 10-3 330 483 68.3 3812 30 6.2 10 2.1 71 7.9 8.2 11.6 293.2 104.0

Tickle me elmo. PMF better than 2006

Bronco Rob
12-07-2012, 09:57 PM

16 16 12-4-0 362 557 65.0 4397 31 5.6 9 1.6 68 7.9 8.3 12.1 274.8 101.0

13 13 10-3 330 483 68.3 3812 30 6.2 10 2.1 71 7.9 8.2 11.6 293.2 104.0

Tickle me elmo. PMF better than 2006

Hilarious!

lonestar
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM

(13-3) Saints LOSS
(12-4) Steelers LOSS
(10-6) Texans LOSS
(8-8) Chokeland win
(7-9) Chefs win
(4-12) Browns win
(4-12) Bucs win

(13-3) Patriots LOSS
(12-4) Ravens LOSS
(10-6) Falcons LOSS
(9-7) Bengals LOSS
(8-8) Chargers LOSS
(8-8) Chokeland LOSS
(7-9) Chefs LOSS
(6-10) Panthers win

Always love those from the cheap seats That take shots at folks that have an opinion especially one that was not willing to make one of their own.

I note this post was your only one in the thread. Guessing you missed the thread until yesterday or most likely did not have the gonads to take a guess when it came out.

And yes I did post that back on FEB 10th just after the announcement of who our opponents would be.

Please note the first part of the post. without looking at the actual schedule and doing this before the draft and FA. this is like flying at night in the thunderstorm clouds..

I will also admit that after TC I still did not see us maturing fast enough to get to where we are today. I am amazed at how the D stepped up and ST well they are superb unlike almost every team in recent history. Our field position has been great for change and few TDs thrown in for change. Perhaps one of the biggest issues we have had over the years were penalties mostly blocking in the back almost two a game prior to this year.
When I am wrong I admit to it and was on the post in question.
SO
How do it feel to be exposed as a balless poster.

Atwater His Ass
12-08-2012, 12:48 AM
No. I demand to see improvement from this team.

That means improving the front 4 on defense and figuring out how to utilize one of the greatest atheletes ever to play the QB position. IMO, giving this team an out not to improve on next season is nothing more than a slap in the face of what they were able to accomplish this season.

There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't expect an improvement.

Pretty much this, if we're all about bumping old threads.

Cito Pelon
12-08-2012, 02:02 AM

Well, that's what I said.