PDA

View Full Version : 2012 challenger

Mogulseeker
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Let's talk FA quarterbacks... who should we bring in as Tebow's backup/challenger for 2012?

According to the Post, they're looking at:

Chris Redman, Shaun Hill, Chad Henne, Vince Young, David Carr, Kevin O'Connell and Josh Johnson.

OBF1
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
In first

Spider
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Let's talk FA quarterbacks... who should we bring in as Tebow's backup/challenger for 2012?

According to the Post, they're looking at:

Chris Redman, Shaun Hill, Chad Henne, Vince Young, David Carr, Kevin O'Connell and Josh Johnson.

not alot to choose from ........

Spider
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Matt Flynn

OBF1
02-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Pure speculation

The Broncos are expected to be active in the free-agent market next month. A possible list of NFL free-agent quarterbacks who the Broncos might consider signing to back up Tim Tebow: Chris Redman, Shaun Hill, Chad Henne, Vince Young, David Carr, Kevin O'Connell and Josh Johnson. Elway has stated Tebow would be the team's starting quarterback entering 2012 training camp.

"

ludo21
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
josh!!

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
dennis dixon

houghtam
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
If those are my choices I'll take McNabb.

Mogulseeker
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
VY has got to be better than McNabb at this point.

houghtam
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
VY has got to be better than McNabb at this point.

When I'm looking at a backup to a young kid who needs to learn, I'm looking at the one with more experience, not necessarily the one who is better. McNabb has 100 games on Young. I'll take McNabb.

theAPAOps5
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
What about finding a starting QB? :)

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
sad, none of them could realistically take the job from Tebow.

Mogulseeker
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
sad, none of them could realistically take the job from Tebow.

And realistically, the Broncos have to - at the very least - let Tebow play out his contract. He's earned the right to start in 2012, and if he shows improvement, in 2013 as well. If the Broncos are unsatisfied at that point they can let him go through FA.

If he really craps the bed this year, we might have a realistic shot at Barkley.

That said, if we just get massively strong on defense and build a great o-line, we very well might be able to put together a SB team with Tebow at the helm.

Play2win
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Straw Man?

broncosteven
02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I would take VY as he is Tebow's brother from another mother. Plus if Elway has to teach Tebow he might as well teach Young as well.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Orton may be available. He was over 60% last season. I think our team would be better with that kind of production. Amiright spidtroller?

broncosteven
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Orton may be available. He was over 60% last season. I think our team would be better with that kind of production. Amiright spidtroller?

If I were Orton I would go back to Chicago, ride the pine and collect a check plus Cutler has gone down in the last 2 years.

El Guapo
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
NOT Vince Young. Please, anyone but that headcase.

Doggcow
02-04-2012, 01:19 AM
**** no to all of them.

Drek
02-04-2012, 05:57 AM
David Garrard should be our #1 target for a backup QB. He's athletic, proven to be solid in this league, but is unlikely to get a real starting shot after sitting out all last season with an injury.

We then should get the best young QB we can with the required athleticism that would let them develop as Tebow's long term backup. I would wait for the draft on this, as I think Tannehill's foot injury might see him slide as other QBs climb the board, making him a steal in the late 2nd to 3rd rounds.

If we don't like what we can land in the draft then we instead sign someone like Kevin O'Connell or Josh Johnson, guys who have the athleticism to make some plays running the ball in a spread set up but likely can't go a full 16 doing it like Tebow can. Develop that guy to be Tebow's stop gap replacement if he's got to miss a game here or there down the road.

Regardless of what you do with that setup though I'd also like to see us grab Kellen Moore in the very late rounds or as a UDFA as an insurance policy against Tebow not being able to get it done. If Tebow regresses next year and its obvious we've got to move on Moore gives you a young in house option who can run a traditional pro style passing offense and has a high football IQ. You put him in a Gruden-esque short to intermediate passes West Coast offense and he could really tear some teams up.

yerner
02-04-2012, 08:02 AM
dennis dixon

hell yeah, this guy is very interesting. could step in for tebow and run the same plays. i like henne too if he was affordable.

yerner
02-04-2012, 08:03 AM
If I were Orton I would go back to Chicago, ride the pine and collect a check plus Cutler has gone down in the last 2 years.

Mike Lombardi said on the BS Report that the talk around the Senior Bowl was that the Redskins would sign Orton. Poor skins fans.

HAT
02-04-2012, 08:23 AM
JJ without a doubt.

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm with drek: Garrard

Mogulseeker
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Garrard is slow and can't run the read-option.

elsid13
02-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Why do you think that the read option is going to be the central component to the offense next year?

peacepipe
02-04-2012, 10:57 AM
And realistically, the Broncos have to - at the very least - let Tebow play out his contract. He's earned the right to start in 2012, and if he shows improvement, in 2013 as well. If the Broncos are unsatisfied at that point they can let him go through FA.

If he really craps the bed this year, we might have a realistic shot at Barkley.

That said, if we just get massively strong on defense and build a great o-line, we very well might be able to put together a SB team with Tebow at the helm.he earned the right to be the starter going into training camp & if we're just looking for a back up all that is needed is to resign weber.

peacepipe
02-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Why do you think that the read option is going to be the central component to the offense next year?

it's not going to be,either tebow shows he can be a consistent threat throwing the ball from the pocket or he moves on.

RhymesayersDU
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Peyton Manning.

Mogulseeker
02-04-2012, 11:43 AM
he earned the right to be the starter going into training camp & if we're just looking for a back up all that is needed is to resign weber.

Do you trust Weber to run to offense - and not get injured - if Tebow goes down or totally effs up?

Aftermath
02-04-2012, 11:59 AM
McNabb???? Seriously??
Carr, Johnson, Henne imo.

Aftermath
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Denns Dixon would be sweet too but he's not on that list.

Pick Six
02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Carr is the best one on the list, IMO. That's not saying much, though...

R8R H8R
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Mike Lombardi said on the BS Report that the talk around the Senior Bowl was that the Redskins would sign Orton. Poor skins fans.

That would be an upgrade for them, imo. However, no way does Shanny pass up their QB of the future in this coming draft. My guess is that he tries to make a deal w/ the Rams for RG11. That would make a lot of sense.

Agamemnon
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
The fact that there are people who honestly are hoping one of these losers beats out Tebow is just sad. If Tebow is beaten out by one of these jokers that is not a good thing for the Broncos. Idiots...

theAPAOps5
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
The fact that there are people who honestly are hoping one of these losers beats out Tebow is just sad. If Tebow is beaten out by one of these jokers that is not a good thing for the Broncos. Idiots...

Aw poor widdle guy sad.

Drek
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Garrard has been an effective runner every season in his career. He isn't Tebow but then who else is? He can run the option and when he keeps it probably get you 3-5 yards. He's a good enough athlete to make it something of a threat still.

Can he do it for a full 16 game season? No, but that shouldn't be our priority. It should be getting a solid vet to replace Tebow in the event of injury because this is Tebow's team until proven otherwise.

ScottXray
02-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Do you trust Weber to run to offense - and not get injured - if Tebow goes down or totally effs up?

Weber is more of a pocket QB with some running skills. He is not an option QB
but is a good scrambler...and accurate on the run, and under pressure. He is not going to run cause he's not built like Tebow, but he has a quick release.

My bet is he's our number 2 and the offense reverts to a pro set with him in.

peacepipe
02-05-2012, 07:00 AM
The fact that there are people who honestly are hoping one of these losers beats out Tebow is just sad. If Tebow is beaten out by one of these jokers that is not a good thing for the Broncos. Idiots...so be it. If tebow can't beat them than he doesn't deserve to be starter. this isn't a popularity contest.

ScottXray
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
:strong:Peyton Manning.

Prescient ...!