PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless & Tim Tebow on ESPN's First Take : February 3rd, 2012

Bronco Rob
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Skip Bayless Interviews Tim Tebow About His Faith
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/My_lENfJ26A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talk Super Bowl Predictions and Memorable Moments From Season<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n8dlUJ_nAKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:sunshine:

Rabb
02-03-2012, 01:13 PM
love the kid's loyalty at the end with Gase

supermanhr9
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Agreed. Tebowner engage. I am so excited to see this kid in a FULL NFL season (Off season, TC, Pre-Season, and 16+ games).

Bronco Yoda
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Skip is really playing the Jesus angle to get Tebow to trip up. Good for Tebow remaining composed. Smart young man.

riiiiick
02-03-2012, 03:10 PM
"the way you play...torments people"....lol. That is hilarious and some what true! It's also entertaining and fun to watch.

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Skip is really playing the Jesus angle to get Tebow to trip up. Good for Tebow remaining composed. Smart young man.

I agree. Maybe it's me, but he does seem a little 'canned'. He trots out the same phrases again and again (watch his appearances on fallon, SVP, and this). Granted, he gets asked the same (often moronic) questions over and over, but he still sounds like a 24 year old kid, albeit with a deeper devotion to God than most.

bombay
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Bayless is pathetic. How he has a job is beyond comprehension.

Bronco Yoda
02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I agree. Maybe it's me, but he does seem a little 'canned'. He trots out the same phrases again and again (watch his appearances on fallon, SVP, and this). Granted, he gets asked the same (often moronic) questions over and over, but he still sounds like a 24 year old kid, albeit with a deeper devotion to God than most.

Yaeh he does come off as a little naive and shy. But I can't imagine handling what he is handling at 24. I would have been reduced to saying over and over 'derp....derp.....& yah.....yah...." lol

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM

He has to have canned answers.. one misstep and he would get crucified... It shows how bright he is that he hasn't really been crucified yet.

People also complain about all the media he does but I think it's a necessary evil because if he didn't do it things would spiral out of control even more. One reason he had to write that book is because the media had all the control over his image.. people wonder why people hate Tebow so much.. it's because of how the media has portrayed him and over exposed him.

I remember when that documentary came out about him preparing for draft and how many people realized what an amazing guy he was.. how hard he worked etc. ESPN and others never showed that side of him at all... they were too busy trying to fuel the Tebow debate.

lostknight
02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Could you imagine what would happen if Cutler faced this kind of scrutiny?

riiiiick
02-03-2012, 03:44 PM

Canned because so many are waiting for him to say anything they could spin. Front page news all across the county. I don't blame him. The fact he still comes across as sincere is a lesson in public speaking 101.

Premier-Ace55
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM

That's cool but what is he doing in the time before he can meet with adam gase and the other broncos coaches and officials. He needs that type of tutoring and close studying especially if he learns by doing. I personally think he could use two months of in depth work.

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
That's cool but what is he doing in the time before he can meet with adam gase and the other broncos coaches and officials. He needs that type of tutoring and close studying especially if he learns by doing. I personally think he could use two months of in depth work.

Are you sure the problem isn't that he is thinking too much about his mechanics etc? Tebow's coaches all along have said he is the kind you need to pull the reins back on, not kick him in the rear...

Tebow may be better off with slow adjustments and just letting him play rather than trying to change him too much...

errand
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
He has to have canned answers.. one misstep and he would get crucified... It shows how bright he is that he hasn't really been crucified yet.

People also complain about all the media he does but I think it's a necessary evil because if he didn't do it things would spiral out of control even more. One reason he had to write that book is because the media had all the control over his image.. people wonder why people hate Tebow so much.. it's because of how the media has portrayed him and over exposed him.

I remember when that documentary came out about him preparing for draft and how many people realized what an amazing guy he was.. how hard he worked etc. ESPN and others never showed that side of him at all... they were too busy trying to fuel the Tebow debate.

Well, that's odd....cuz I saw that documentary on ESPN.

Maybe it's like that conspiracy where your side claimed EFX wasn't supporting Tebow, despite naming him starter, and waiving Orton.

errand
02-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Canned because so many are waiting for him to say anything they could spin. Front page news all across the county. I don't blame him. The fact he still comes across as sincere is a lesson in public speaking 101.

you're right the kid says the right things all the time..... no matter how badly they try to trip him up. what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him

Yeah, sure that's what they say. Hear it all the time. Strawbot.

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, that's odd....cuz I saw that documentary on ESPN.

Maybe it's like that conspiracy where your side claimed EFX wasn't supporting Tebow, despite naming him starter, and waiving Orton.

ESPN bought it from Tebow's friends from college that made it.. after they had already smeared him...

They probably figured if anyone was going to benefit from Tebow hype it would be them.. then they proceeded to trash him even more..

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
you're right the kid says the right things all the time..... no matter how badly they try to trip him up. what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else

You can't do anything in football without a total team effort.. that goes for any star..

Yet you don't hear that about any other stars having help.. only when Tebow is successful..

Jay3
02-03-2012, 05:42 PM

I've been listening to him for 5 years. He's genuine, but he's like a politician in that he's not going to be baited into saying something even remotely negative. And he has a way of working in his "talking points." (Right now, it's the hospital and Tebowing while Chemo-ing).

Bottom line, he's got a computer turning in that head of his, and he thinks about three questions ahead, and can read the headlines his answers would generate. He just will not say something that can be criticized out of context (The Woody "grabbed away" interview was either a rare lapse or a misquote).

And I'll bet you Gase/McCoy have told him they don't want him going to a mechanics guru. But instead of putting it on them, he just repeats the mantra that he's got confidence in them. (It's also possible he's got plans he can't share yet, and so his answer was a sidestep).

Jay3
02-03-2012, 05:43 PM
You can't do anything in football without a total team effort.. that goes for any star..

Yet you don't hear that about any other stars having help.. only when Tebow is successful..

I know -- I don't know how many times I've heard about Aaron Rodgers playing at a level not seen before this year, or about how elite Eli has become. And those compliments were deserved.

Say something about Tebow and you get a lecture about how football has 11 guys on the field.

TheFullTebow
02-03-2012, 06:15 PM
what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else

You take an oath to a man whom you know follows the laws of providence, which he obeys independently of the influence of earthly powers, who leads Broncos Country rightly, and who will guide the Broncos fate. Through your oath you bind yourselves to a man who that is our faith was sent to us by higher powers. Do not seek Tim Tebow with your mind. You will find him through the strength of your hearts!

El Guapo
02-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Dvr'd this as I saw a promo for it before i left work this morning. I thought it was the most Tebow has opened up to date, but as bayless said, the kid is very media savvy. His canned responses get old and I'm sire he gets tired of rehashing the dame junk. Nevertheless, I'm ecstatic the kid is on our team.

I'm also a bit diappointed that he didn't take Bayless up on his offer for the 2 week mini camp w. Bradys QB coach.

zdoor
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
No matter what you think of him as a QB, he is an impressive guy. Great job answering controversial questions and staying loyal and supportive to the organization and it's leaders.

Armchair Bronco
02-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I am proud that Tebow is the QB of my Denver Broncos.

TE-BOW! TE-BOW!

Broncos_OTM
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Are you sure the problem isn't that he is thinking too much about his mechanics etc? Tebow's coaches all along have said he is the kind you need to pull the reins back on, not kick him in the rear...

Tebow may be better off with slow adjustments and just letting him play rather than trying to change him too much...

Tebow needs to get better weather you think he does or not.He cant meet with gase during the offseason. He better find someone who can show him how to play the position. UNLESS gase gave him some things to work on by himself that will deliver results. FACT, tebow has to get better. He cant get better by hiimself. To be honest I dont think he wants to change his game.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I know -- I don't know how many times I've heard about Aaron Rodgers playing at a level not seen before this year, or about how elite Eli has become. And those compliments were deserved.

Say something about Tebow and you get a lecture about how football has 11 guys on the field.

lol. so true.

UberBroncoMan
02-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Bayless is pathetic. How he has a job is beyond comprehension.

You realize ESPN is as much about entertainment as it is reporting on sports right? This IS Skip's job. He's told to do this **** in production meetings. I'm sure he likes Tebow, but in reality it's nowhere near the level that you see on air.

errand
02-04-2012, 09:32 AM
No matter what you think of him as a QB, he is an impressive guy. Great job answering controversial questions and staying loyal and supportive to the organization and it's leaders.

Exactly.....

Dedhed
02-04-2012, 10:44 AM

So do I, and I think that Gase should repay that loyalty by encouraging him to work with Brady's coach and even go there with him so that he can improve as well and stay consistent with Tebow's mechanics going forward.

Tebow says he'll put his trust in the leaders of the org and do whatever they say. They should humble themselves and encourage him to work with people who can further his development.

Bronco Yoda
02-04-2012, 11:08 AM
^ this