PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Ways To Be Annoying At Work

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I know I can annoyingly sometimes post blog posts of mine to the site, but well, its off-season mode and I think the sick minds of the o-mane will come up with some good ones.

Anyone have some great ways to be annoying at work while avoiding fireable offenses?

http://peelingtheskin.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-february-3rd-means-to-me-helping.html

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Any list that doesn't contain some variation of cooking fish and/or burning popcorn in the office microwave isn't worth my time.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Any list that doesn't contain some variation of cooking fish and/or burning popcorn in the office microwave isn't worth my time.

This is a good point. We have someone who cooks fish on a daily basis and it stinks up the entire lobby.

Gort
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM

true.

also, sitting near somebody who sucks their teeth after lunch. i had to do that once. it was a Chinese guy and he would audibly suck the food from between his teeth. i guess that's acceptable behavior in China. he had no idea it was impolite here until i told him. ugh.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
true.

also, sitting near somebody who sucks their teeth after lunch. i had to do that once. it was a Chinese guy and he would audibly suck the food from between his teeth. i guess that's acceptable behavior in China. he had no idea it was impolite here until i told him. ugh.

There's a old cat lady type here that can't say my name without laughing. I try never to make eye contact with her so she won't talk to me

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
repeat the same lame joke - to death - and to death again.

Jason in LA
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I have a co-worker who makes a snorting sound all the time. He does it at least a couple times a minute, and he's been doing it for a good year now. Like dude, how long is your nose or throat going to be iching? Maybe it's time to get that checked out. We work in the same room, so the only way to avoid it is by putting on head phones. It's weird because we've worked together for a good 2 years and he didn't use to do that.

One other thing, he's always in other people's business. Seeing that it's just the two of us in that room, that means he's always in my business. If I put my keys in my pocket and I'm leaving the room he'll ask me if I'm gone for the day. Like dude, mind your own business, and don't announce that when it's like 2pm and I am leaving for the day. Because I'm really sneaking out of there.

Dude is just annoying.

Crushaholic
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I REALLY need my own "Terrance, the Venus Fly Trap"...Hilarious!

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
That guy that always tries to leave early for the day, and sticks you with the work...

he's pretty annoying.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
the lipsmackers, gum snappers, crackers, tappers all get their day in hell.

jhns
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
The guy that sits on internet message boards all day. He never gets anything done.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
The chick that always talks about herself/life and the tragedy it is to be her...

#annoying

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
The guy that sits on internet message boards all day.

Dude, I hate that guy.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
The guy that says "dude", F him too.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
The chick that won't give you a BJ in the bathroom over lunch...

#annoying

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
The guy that sits on internet message boards all day. He never gets anything done.

haha!

Actually, i was reading a study the other day that suggested people who kill time on the web are often more productive than people who avoid it.

Dont mind if i do

MortonToMoses
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
People who sit in a cubicle area and conduct business calls on speaker have to be up there somewhere.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
People who sit in a cubicle area and conduct business calls on speaker have to be up there somewhere.

we have people here who do that with personal calls

jhns
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
haha!

Actually, i was reading a study the other day that suggested people who kill time on the web are often more productive than people who avoid it.

Dont mind if i do

I don't know if I am more productive than I would be. My bosses do seem to like my work though.

MortonToMoses
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
we have people here who do that with personal calls

It always seems to be the ones with some funky medical problem that completely grosses you out .

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:05 AM
I used to be the unpredictable guy. One day he won't talk to you, the next he's hitting himself in the head with a cookie sheet.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
It always seems to be the ones with some funky medical problem that completely grosses you out .

I think you might work in my office!

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
the person who doesn't refill the coffee thing when it's empty.

Miss I.
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I find just my showing up to work is enough to annoy my colleagues. ;D

Archer81
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I used to work for a company that would set up merchants with credit card processing, and my boss had this tendency to only hire women. So it was me and six women. Every one of those girls had different scented candles on their desks. Each one liked their coffee at different strengths and on any given day there was some crisis that eventually would be left to me to fix. Add file building and my 90 calls a day average and its a wonder I did not go crazy and set the building on fire.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
the person who doesn't refill the coffee thing when it's empty.

I think ive been guilty of that

Pony Boy
02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I have a remote control fart machine that I bought on Ebay for less than 10 bucks that is guaranteed to put tears in your eyes from laughing so hard. I put in a small bubble envelope and place it near someone’s desk and wait for customers to sit or walk by.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
How about the people who have bathroom floorphobia - and go to different bathrooms to **** in?

Archer81
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
The person who leaves enough coffee in the pot to make the office interesting when the coffee burns.

Or the candy thief. Yes, the candy is sitting in a jar on my desk, available for any to partake...that does not mean you can park your ass in front of my desk and eat all of my damned peanut butter cups.

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
This is classic:

5) Be A Player. Print out an 11x17 Excel spread sheet with the following info, and make sure to just carelessly leave it on your desk. Down the vertical column is a list of every single dating site you can think of. From Match.com to Christian Mingles to whatever. Across the horizontal column on top will be a list of days and dates. Finally, fill in the middle with a bunch of girls (or guys) names. And don't forget a section for comments! Every couple of days, cross off a few names, and fill in the comments section with random numbers and letters, as if it's a code that only means something to you.

oh the fun I could have...

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Was that from Cracked?

Chris
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
My advice to many of my coworkers

Be yourselves

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
How about the people who have bathroom floorphobia - and go to different bathrooms to **** in?

Ive never gone on a diff floor, but i have to admit sometimes i just go in and wash my hands if its crowded in there.

Sometimes i own it. There is a guy who works here who whistles while he poops...hes my hero

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
My advice to many of my coworkers

Be yourselves

I can't...it's illegal.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Ive never gone on a diff floor, but i have to admit sometimes i just go in and wash my hands if its crowded in there.

Sometimes i own it. There is a guy who works here who whistles while he poops...hes my hero

hahaha.

I used to work in the basement of a building and this guy always wanted to try to sneak in. He worked on the 2nd floor but always came down to use the one in the basement.

One day, I decided to mess with him and I put a strawman in the toilet so it looked like someone was in there.

He kept coming down stairs about every 45min to see if it was "open".

I think he got the point...not that I cared - but he seemed "scared" to poop in the basement after that.

I never cared, i always **** on the roof.

loborugger
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
repeat the same lame joke - to death - and to death again.

ED REEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!

Also, I am with you on the gum smackers. I got a co worker who chews gum like a cow chews cud. Quite annoying.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
hahaha.

I used to work in the basement of a building and this guy always wanted to try to sneak in. He worked on the 2nd floor but always came down to use the one in the basement.

One day, I decided to mess with him and I put a strawman in the toilet so it looked like someone was in there.

He kept coming down stairs about every 45min to see if it was "open".

I think he got the point...not that I cared - but he seemed "scared" to poop in the basement after that.

I never cared, i always **** on the roof.

This is awesome. Ahh,the things we do to kill time

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM
hahaha.

Are you sure he wasn't just on ambien?

loborugger
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
The person who leaves enough coffee in the pot to make the office interesting when the coffee burns.

Or the candy thief. Yes, the candy is sitting in a jar on my desk, available for any to partake...that does not mean you can park your ass in front of my desk and eat all of my damned peanut butter cups.

Peanut butter cups are a high quality desk candy. Compare that to the dish that has the same 2 grape flavored Jolly Ranchers for 6 months.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
ED REEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!

Also, I am with you on the gum smackers. I got a co worker who chews gum like a cow chews cud. Quite annoying.

I have also learned, that if i let it annoy me - it annoys me. But i have also learned to ask or say it tactfully:

"Look, i can't stand your gum smacking."

The problem is, that people can't take the fact...that they're annoying and it's YOUR FAULT that they suckass.

rawr!

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
This is awesome. Ahh,the things we do to kill time

This friend of mine, once put fortunes on the products in the "feminine hygiene dispenser" at a job he worked at.

It was kinda funny.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Are you sure he wasn't just on ambien?

That was highly possible.

That job is also where I met a lady, who talked to the elevator.

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I love the whole passive aggressive behavior of the Be A Player scenario. I'd put co-workers names on the spreadsheet (first names) and then write really interesting comments about them. The thing is, no one could confront you about it because it's private and they'd be caught more or less sneaking around your stuff.

If you used co-workers first names then you could deny it was them, it was just another person with the same name.

The other thing you could do is put a name the could be a woman's or a man's name like Terry or Cris and then put in really wierd comments in the comment sections.

Just leave it at your desk like you forgot about it and then see the strange looks you get from some of your soon to be ex-coworkers. Good times.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
What about "reply to all" guy?

Followed up by -

So&So would like to recall this message.

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
What about "reply to all" guy?

Followed up by -

So&So would like to recall this message.

yah, that's good too. Hilarious!

Rigs11
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Put regular coffee in the decaf pot and decaf coffee in the regular pot.:strong:

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Put regular coffee in the decaf pot and decaf coffee in the regular pot.:strong:

That's just standard office warfare.

Time it for the person who has to give a presentation. Switch it then, watch the fun that ensues.

Or do what I did - double brew the regular. :)

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I can't belive people still have coffee pots in their office. I thought the whole world had switched over to the k cup machines by now.....

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I actually knew someone who was aware he'd get fired...so he pooped in a coffee can, cut some holes in the lid, and hid it in a cabinet.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I can't belive people still have coffee pots in their office. I thought the whole world had switched over to the k cup machines by now.....

I hate those f'n things.

FU K cups!

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
The other thing you could do with the Be A Player spreadsheet is throw it away into a co-workers trash can, or an easily accessible trash can, but don't crumple it up. Just toss it in there so people can see it and grab it and read it if they want to.

make sure it goes around and around like a door knob...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
The other thing you could do with the Be A Player spreadsheet is throw it away into a co-workers trash can, or an easily accessible trash can, but don't crumple it up. Just toss it in there so people can see it and grab it and read it if they want to.

make sure it goes around and around like a door knob...

Oh thats a pretty good idea

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
What about the guy that sleeps with the cleaning lady?

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM

make sure that guy is you!! :strong:

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Our cleaning lady is like 3 feet tall

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM

I have a package of bacon popcorn Im saving to annoy my coworkers when I can't take it anymore.

There's a hugely overweight woman near me who loves to tell everyone abouts her "morning delight" sessions. She also does a running play by play of her daily mundane activities. She also loudly laughs after EVERYTHING she says and loudly breathes in "Huuuuuuuuh" when she laughs.

Im saving the bacon popcorn for a day she's extra annoying.

DomCasual
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I used to have a business partner that had mastered every trick in the book. My all-time favorite was a combination of several irritants. He would stand behind me as I was working on a spreadsheet for our previous week's sales results. While there, he would 1) cut his fingernails, and 2) snort his snot.

I could write a book about that guy. Eventually, we had to put him in a separate office space because he kept sexually harrassing our employees (he felt it was innocent).

One day, I get a call from a newspaper guy. That morning, My partner had done his first-ever sky dive. During the dive, he had flailed, kicked his instructor in the head, and killed her. Total accident, as it turned out. But itwas just one of the rich tapestry of experiences with this guy - a real Michael Scott.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Our cleaning lady is like 3 feet tall

Hey, i don't judge.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:25 AM
make sure that guy is you!! :strong:

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFvoGaGUyYvq6w4fXgLHQgse4p1fXi_ zNCPqyH15EnIY4OW86ARw

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I have a package of bacon popcorn Im saving to annoy my coworkers when I can't take it anymore.

There's a hugely overweight woman near me who loves to tell everyone abouts her "morning delight" sessions. She also does a running play by play of her daily mundane activities. She also loudly laughs after EVERYTHING she says and loudly breathes in "Huuuuuuuuh" when she laughs.

Im saving the bacon popcorn for a day she's extra annoying.

You might get attacked with that bait.

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
why cant you just punch some of these people ?

gunns
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Oh no ****. It is now banned to cook fish in the break room. And I have offered cooking popcorn 101 to several people. Unbelievable.

houghtam
02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh no ****. It is now banned to cook fish in the break room. And I have offered cooking popcorn 101 to several people. Unbelievable.

Burning popcorn was a fire-able offense at my job. Of course, I ran a movie theater, so, you know...

I actually liked most of the co-workers I had, although they probably didn't like me as much as I liked them.

I much more preferred to eff with a-hole customers than my staff.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I actually used to have a boss that smelled like...ummm...fish. One time she was annoying the hell out of my coworker and he said...and i quote "just because you smell like a *c-word,* doesnt mean you have to act like one"

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM

They're not all fat truckers who you can punch without consequence.

Punching these coworkers will get you fired or landed in jail.

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 11:46 AM
You might get attacked with that bait.

She's no faster than Kyle Orton, I can slowly walk away and still keep her a couple paces behind.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:46 AM

First rule!

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I actually used to have a boss that smelled like...ummm...fish. One time she was annoying the hell out of my coworker and he said...and i quote "just because you smell like a *c-word,* doesnt mean you have to act like one"

I had a co-worker who had a wife (now ex-wife) who just had a strong order. She'd walk in the room and I could just smell her. The thing is, she was a nice looking lady, but the smell. I kept thinking to myself "I wonder if this is part of the reason things aren't working out with their marriage?"

How do you tell your wife she needs to "clean" herself? Um, yaahhh....

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
She's no faster than Kyle Orton, I can slowly walk away and still keep her a couple paces behind.

you can throw that bacon popcorn at her to distract her and escape to the stairway!

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Meh ............ what you do when you are off of work is your time , punch em , put up bail money .......Nothing to it .......

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM

I had a co-worker who had a wife (now ex-wife) who just had a strong order. She'd walk in the room and I could just smell her. The thing is, she was a nice looking lady, but the smell. I kept thinking to myself "I wonder if this is part of the reason things aren't working out with their marriage?"

would leaving random douchebags around, or wrapping up some be too big of a hint?

jhns
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Give her a douche for Valentines Day.

BroncoLifer
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/george_costanza-208x300.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
would leaving random douchebags around, or wrapping up some be too big of a hint?

We eventually told her to go to the gyno....strangest job i ever had. And you guys actually might know the woman, she was an actress from the 80s

alkemical
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
We eventually told her to go to the gyno....strangest job i ever had. And you guys actually might know the woman, she was an actress from the 80s

Yep, that totally narrows it down. :)

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Linda Lovelace ?

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM

It's Blanche, isn't it! I knew it was Blanche

http://www.goldengirlscentral.com/CastA5.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3g44sQZWe1qb3920o1_400.jpg

I like her O face

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeouuqPhUPmBA29fwM1fhIvILdD58tp LSCyew3wALSegoICn5tGgJ24V7Z

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
haha none of the above. im afraid to write her name on here.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Ginger Lynn ?

houghtam
02-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Aww come on, give us a hint. Like, sing the theme song or something.

Was it "Show me that smiile a-gaaaaaain (show me that smile)!"?

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Type in her name and swith the first letters so it doesn't show up on an internet search.

Like "Eohn Jlway" or "Tim Tebow"

Archer81
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM

My office held seminars about conflict resolution. Punching them was not on it, but getting a mediator seems to be the way to go.

Or so they said.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
My office held seminars about conflict resolution. Punching them was not on it, but getting a mediator seems to be the way to go.

Or so they said.

Punching is much more effective and faster

Gort
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM

what does it rhyme with?

my guess is the chubby girl from Facts of Life.

bendog
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I like coming in constipated after a night of consuming a fifth of really cheap vodka, drinking a ton of water and tea and putting out gas that makes my own eyes water.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Type in her name and swith the first letters so it doesn't show up on an internet search.

Like "Eohn Jlway" or "Tim Tebow"

haha...ok, just dont write her name in here, but she was in the movie Clue.

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 01:21 PM
haha...ok, just dont write her name in here, but she was in the movie Clue.

How about initials? That did narrow it down considerably, but not all the way.

I want to watch clue now and when she comes on I can say "I have it on good authority Miss Peacock (or whoever) has a stinky twat".

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
How about initials? That did narrow it down considerably, but not all the way.

I want to watch clue now and when she comes on I can say "I have it on good authority Miss Peacock (or whoever) has a stinky twat".

She was ummm "the cleaning staff" in the movie...hows that?

Miss I.
02-03-2012, 01:36 PM
She was ummm "the cleaning staff" in the movie...hows that?

that would've been my 2nd guess, but I just thought, she's so pretty and pretty people don't smell do they? ;D

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
that would've been my 2nd guess, but I just thought, she's so pretty and pretty people don't smell do they? ;D

She aint pretty anymore....add a hundo pounds to that

Spider
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
She aint pretty anymore....add a hundo pounds to that

Kristy Alley ?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Kristy Alley ?

haha no..see above. but we worked with her actually. she sucked

Spider
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM

I would hope so ....... a woman that doesnt suck isnt worth much if you ask me ;D

Miss I.
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM

well the woman you are talking about apparently wasn't such a great actress. I noticed in her IMDB nominations for Razzies and this is well before the era when Razzies are kind of cool enough to get some Hallie Berry to show up and accept them.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 01:52 PM
well the woman you are talking about apparently wasn't such a great actress. I noticed in her IMDB nominations for Razzies and this is well before the era when Razzies are kind of cool enough to get some Hallie Berry to show up and accept them.

hahaa oh she was a TERRIBLE actress...shes still in some things in small roles from time to time

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow, she was quite the looker back in the day though

Spider
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
daymit someone tell me who she is ........ I dont get to watch alot of movies

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
daymit someone tell me who she is ........ I dont get to watch alot of movies

check your rep! i left her name there

Spider
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Thanks ;) I didnt even know they had a movie named clue

Butterscotch Stallion
02-03-2012, 02:20 PM
HOly **** ! I am friends with that woman! LOL!

Butterscotch Stallion
02-03-2012, 02:20 PM

dude, pm me. this is the funniest thing I have heard! I know her very well. HA!

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I think I figured it out, she's not a well known actress...

Spider
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I think I figured it out, she's not a well known actress...

as soon as saw her , I knew who she was .......

Powderaddict
02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
dude, pm me. this is the funniest thing I have heard! I know her very well. HA!

Oh come on, share with the rest of us! Equiring minds want to know!

Cito Pelon
02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Farts.

fdf
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
There's a old cat lady type here that can't say my name without laughing. I try never to make eye contact with her so she won't talk to me

You kind of have to admit that: "Good morning, SonOfLe-loLang," or "How 'bout them Broncos, SonOf," could cause difficulties for less socially adept folks than post on the Mane.