PDA

View Full Version : Can we win 9 games with this brutal schedule?

fwf
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Assuming we need 9 wins to make the playoffs.

I don't see it.

Its possible that we have the least amount of talent of any team in our division.

Road games @ Baltimore(12-4), New England(13-3), Atlanta(10-6), Cincinnati(9-7), Carolina, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers

Home vs. Pittsburgh(12-4), New Orleans (13-3), Houston(10-6), Tampa, Cleveland, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers

The question is should Mgmt be planning more for 2013?

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Short answer? Yes

Nostradamus version? Not without some new players and some lucky bounces.

Rabb
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Awesome post before FA or the draft

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM

I don't see it.

Its possible that we have the least amount of talent of any team in our division.

Road games @ Baltimore(12-4), New England(13-3), Atlanta(10-6), Cincinnati(9-7), Carolina, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers

Home vs. Pittsburgh(12-4), New Orleans (13-3), Houston(10-6), Tampa, Cleveland, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers

The question is should Mgmt be planning more for 2013?

I think we match up ok with Baltimore. No fear whatsoever of Atlanta or the Bengals. PIT in DEN? Seen that before.

In the grand scheme, not much different than this year. Replace GB with NO. Detroit with Houston. Like most years it'll come down to how we do in the divisional games.

Gort
02-03-2012, 10:08 AM
imagine that... a road game against the Ravens. thanks NFL. what is that? like 4 road games against them in 5 years? bastages.

fwf
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Awesome post before FA or the draft

No. You dont think Mgmt is looking at that schedule and our current team and thinking "maybe we should wait until next offseason to make a splash in Free Agency because were still a year or two away"? I guarantee that is being discussed in Dove Valley. We have the cap space but do we spend it? Thats what im addressing here?

Rabb
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
No. You dont think Mgmt is looking at that schedule and our current team and thinking "maybe we should wait until next offseason to make a splash in Free Agency because were still a year or two away"? I guarantee that is being discussed in Dove Valley. We have the cap space but do we spend it? Thats what im addressing here?

No, I don't. I think they are riding the "win now" wave by sticking with Tebow and hiring Del Rio.

If they were playing for 2013 they would have promoted our LB coach to DC.

You are making it sound like we just had a crap season, we won a playoff game against the Steelers. They may in fact still be rebuilding, but they certainly won't mail it in this year.

Gort
02-03-2012, 10:13 AM

if EFX are smart, they understand that we try to be competitive in 2012 and draft to fill existing, glaring holes, knowing that we are NOT yet ready for a superbowl run, nor to be the dominant team in the AFC West. we're not yet skilled enough, mature enough, or deep enough to be 10+ win team each year for a run of 4 or 5 years in a row.

jhns
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
This past years schedule was pretty tough, and rated as a harder one by everyone that I have seen rate schedules. So I would say we have that chance. This is a young team. They should be better next season. NO, NE, and Houston will be very tough. The rest are winnable.

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM

I don't see it.

Its possible that we have the least amount of talent of any team in our division.Wins:

Road:
Cincinnati(9-7) Carolina, Chiefs

Home:
Pittsburgh(12-4),Houston(10-6) Tampa, Cleveland, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers

oubronco
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
16-0 we got Tebow........Book it

The Joker
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
It's impossible to say how tough that schedule will be at this point.

Smilin Assassin
02-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Is this official now? I could have sworn we had Pitt on the Road and Balt home...New Orleans road, etc.... no?

Spider
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
If we could trade Tebow for Cam Newton ........ Slam dunk ......

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 10:35 AM
16-0 we got Tebow........Book it

You so secretly wished Tebow was a Sooner. Come out of the closet

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM
If we could trade Tebow for Cam Newton ........ Slam dunk ......

http://i.imgur.com/4VjrN.gif

Binkythefrog
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Denver's non divisional 2013 schedule:

Home: Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphila, Washington, AFC North
Away: Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, AFC East

Say the Broncos finish first/second in 2012, then they would be still looking at either Pitt/Balt and Pats/Jets.

I doubt our FO is looking towards 2013 and saying this looks easier. On paper, right now, I think this looks harder because none of the NFC East games are gimmies (except maybe the Redskins).

The NFL is constantly changing and teams vary significantly from year to year in my opinion. I'm less worried about the schedule and more interested in the improvements the Broncos make. I'm hoping we don't go the Shanny/Synder route and throw money at free agents.. it doesn't work well in today's NFL. I'm hoping we make a couple good value signings, and continue to draft well.

Pick Six
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
If we write off next year (because of the schedule), that gives Del Rio two years to get his guys into the scheme he wants...

oubronco
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
You so secretly wished Tebow was a Sooner. Come out of the closet

Get real we prefer QB's who can throw the ball

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
The Broncos managed to make the playoffs this year after beating only one team with a winning record all season long. If the rest of the AFC West doesn't step it up, we could probably manage the same again next year.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Yeah, you guys liked pretty Spiros. Florida liked National Championships.

I'll take Door #2.

jhns
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Yeah, Tebow couldn't throw in college! LOL @ stupid sooner fan...

razorwire77
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
It looks brutal on paper, but you never know how things are going to play out in regard to injuries, trades, drafts and FA. Maybe Brady blows his knee out week one and the Pats win 5 games. Maybe this is the year Brees gets old and N.O. tanks. How many people predicted how crappy the Jets and Eagles would be last year? You could have given me 50 to 1 odds after the start to last season, and I would have never guessed the Broncos would have advanced to the Divisional round of the playoffs.

KO5K
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Still a mad Sooners fan, huh? Also, lol at Sam Bradford, 6 TDs all year Hilarious!.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/FedEx+BCS+National+Championship+Game+tdAH8i-XH9El.jpg

oubronco
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, Tebow couldn't throw in college! LOL @ stupid sooner fan...

still can't Hilarious!

oubronco
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
http://images.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2009/12/Tim-Tebow-crying-video.jpg

Kaylore
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I think we can win 9 games. I didn't think this squad could win more than six, so why not? If we have a decent free agency, draft well and some of the draft picks from last year develop, and Tebow gets more comfortable in this offense, a healthier team might be able to win nine games. We'll have to see but it seems every year as the games approach the schedule looks much different than it did several months ago.

Kaylore
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
http://images.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2009/12/Tim-Tebow-crying-video.jpg

It must be hard seeing Sam Bradford go epic fail for a garbage franchise and have Tebow pull your pro team into their first playoff win in half a decade.

Broncomutt
02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Coming to Carolina next year, I like it!

Hmmm, and Atlanta too...

oubronco
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
It must be hard seeing Sam Bradford go epic fail for a garbage franchise and have Tebow pull your pro team into their first playoff win in half a decade.

No I love this TEAM

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Still a mad Sooners fan, huh? Also, lol at Sam Bradford, 6 TDs all year Hilarious!.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/FedEx+BCS+National+Championship+Game+tdAH8i-XH9El.jpg

6TD's? Holy Crap. Tim threw 12. Then rushed for another 6. And he sat on the bench the first 5 games. Not to mention never passing in the first half.

And SuperSooner was a #1 overall with twice as many games as Tebow. Man if Broncs fans want Tebow gone, Bradford must rival Leaf in bustiness.

oubronco
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
6TD's? Holy Crap. Tim threw 12. Then rushed for another 6. And he sat on the bench the first 5 games. Not to mention never passing in the first half.

And SuperSooner was a #1 overall with twice as many games as Tebow. Man if Broncs fans want Tebow gone, Bradford must rival Leaf in bustiness.

I know put Bradford on this team and they don't win a game and Tebow on the Rams and they go undefeated and win the Superbowl right

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM
No I love this TEAM

I generally respect your posts and we both agreed on Bradford but your Tebow hate is over the top.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I know put Bradford on this team and they don't win a game and Tebow on the Rams and they go undefeated and win the Superbowl right

Well he did take our top receiver, and look how well he did.

We were 3-13 last year and Brandon Lloyd caught 11 TD's by himself. Give him to Sam Bradford and he gets 5 out of Bradford's 6.

Man. That is suck on an entirely different order of magnitude.

Sorry, should've said 4-12.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
everybody looks at their schedule at this time of year and says, "oh man, this is gonna be tough"

its not even worth projecting anything at this point

NFLBRONCO
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Problem is with schedule this year is we play alot of teams with very good offenses. As of late we haven't played well against those type teams. We won 9 games out of sheer luck imo. No Charles in KC McFadden missed 1 game NO AP No Cutler No Forte Pitt totally banged up we'd be hard pressed to have that much luck again this year. I look at this team like this. We won division and a playoff game for great exp for a young team. I still think we are a 4-12 team talent wise Right now if all teams in AFC West were healthy playing well we'd be in last place right now. I really hope FO feels that way too.

Yes we can win 9 games with luck this year

Archer81
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I am sure there were many people thinking Denver would have been lucky to win 5 games this past season.

Wait til June to post these kind of threads.

:Broncos:

fwf
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
2012 Strength of Schedule

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/1/3/2676144/early-look-2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule-cowboys-giants-eagles

We have the 2nd toughest schedule going by Opp. win%

oubronco
02-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Well he did take our top receiver, and look how well he did.

We were 3-13 last year and Brandon Lloyd caught 11 TD's by himself. Give him to Sam Bradford and he gets 5 out of Bradford's 6.

Man. That is suck on an entirely different order of magnitude.

Sorry, should've said 4-12.

Yea cause Bradford played all year and played injured when he did play Hilarious!

Look i've said it before and i'll say it again I don't believe that the college spread offense prepares QB's for the NFL especially the read option

What spread or read option QB's have been good in the NFL?

bendog
02-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Problem is with schedule this year is we play alot of teams with very good offenses. As of late we haven't played well against those type teams. We won 9 games out of sheer luck imo. No Charles in KC McFadden missed 1 game NO AP No Cutler No Forte Pitt totally banged up we'd be hard pressed to have that much luck again this year. I look at this team like this. We won division and a playoff game for great exp for a young team. I still think we are a 4-12 team talent wise Right now if all teams in AFC West were healthy playing well we'd be in last place right now. I really hope FO feels that way too.

Yes we can win 9 games with luck this year

We won't get Luck. (-:

KO5K
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
OP.

Are those definitely the home and away games this year? Different places say different things...

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Yea cause Bradford played all year and played injured when he did play Hilarious!

Yeah, I don't keep up much on that. But 6TD's surprised me. Even with games he missed, he has far more attempts than Tebow.

Look i've said it before and i'll say it again I don't believe that the college spread offense prepares QB's for the NFL especially the read option

What spread or read option QB's have been good in the NFL?

Obviously the difference is a bit to overcome, although I think as far as long-term prospects go, that thinking is changing (see Cam and Tim) RGIII is already getting high marks and it seems like nobody is even asking those "Spread/Option" questions anymore.

The problem with developing QB's in the NFL is there's so little room for error that everyone's been afraid to defy conventional wisdom. I'm sure there are plenty of crazy athletes out there who could've made a dent in the NFL if not for the fact that the groupthink wants prototypical.

As I've said before. If Tim makes it, he will do so breaking the mold. The same goes for Cam.

oubronco
02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I don't keep up much on that. But 6TD's surprised me. Even with games he missed, he has far more attempts than Tebow.

Obviously the difference is a bit to overcome, although I think as far as long-term prospects go, that thinking is changing (see Cam and Tim) RGIII is already getting high marks and it seems like nobody is even asking those "Spread/Option" questions anymore.

The problem with developing QB's in the NFL is there's so little room for error that everyone's been afraid to defy conventional wisdom. I'm sure there are plenty of crazy athletes out there who could've made a dent in the NFL if not for the fact that the groupthink wants prototypical.

As I've said before. If Tim makes it, he will do so breaking the mold. The same goes for Cam.

We'll just have to wait and see but I would have to believe that the Spread option, which is pass oriented, guys will have a better chance than the read option, which is run oriented, guys

jbiel
02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Can someone explain why we play Carolina and Atlanta on the road (same as 2008) and Cincinnati and Baltimore on the road (same as 2009). I thought the schedule rotated home/away?