PDA

View Full Version : Which would you have preferred?

Gort
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
now that the season is over, and we saw an 8-8 Broncos team win a playoff game for the first time since 2005, looking back on the season, which would have made you happier?

1) getting rid of Orton, giving Tebow a chance, winning the AFC West, and getting a playoff victory, but not having a shot at drafting Luck.

or,

2) trying to suck for Luck without knowing for sure that we would have been bad enough to get the 1st overall pick, which it turns out, required 14 losses.

Rabb
02-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't trade this past season for anything. I brought my dad to his first game at the new stadium after a week of deer hunting, it was the Jets game...we tailgated and drank beer all day and had possibly the greatest week of his and my lives together...at almost 38 years old that is saying something.

I brought my nephew who had never been to a game at all to the Bears game, that was amazing for him and me.

I brought my girlfriend to the playoff game, and it was a memory we will have forever and she to this day said she never knew what "**** your pants excited" looked like until she saw me during the OT play.

Yeah, anyone that would trade this year is an idiot.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Past season was fun. Very memorable.

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't trade this past season for anything. I brought my dad to his first game at the new stadium after a week of deer hunting, it was the Jets game...we tailgated and drank beer all day and had possibly the greatest week of his and my lives together...at almost 38 years old that is saying ng.

I brought my nephew who had never been to a game at all to the Bears game, that was amazing for him and me.

I brought my girlfriend to the playoff game, and it was a memory we will have forever and she to this day said she never knew what "**** your pants excited" looked like until she saw me during the OT play.

Awesome. Just awesome.
Im in the same boat. great season full of great memories.

underrated29
02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Honestly, I dont care how the rest of the season played out. I could literally not stand to watch us play with Orton another freaking quarter. I do not think I have ever disliked any one of our players for sucking that bad.

Not even Nate MF Jones.

The Joker
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Bears game was my first time seeing the Broncos live.

This season was awesome, no regrets at all.

lolcopter
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Best season since 98

srphoenix
02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
it was the first season in quite awhile that it was fun to be a Bronco fan. The games were exciting and the Broncos were finally relevant again. Actually you could argue that we got more air time and were more relevant than any other team in the league this year.

Plus because of Tebow's success and our astronomical ratings I won't have to consider getting nfl ticket because we'll be on tv the maximum allowable number of games. Primetime baby!

Crushaholic
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
People are talking about the Broncos, again. It feels nice...:believeit

OBF1
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I hate Tebow for ruining Denver Bronco football.

Signed ,
TGN

TheReverend
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Awesome. Just awesome.
Im in the same boat. great season full of great memories.

More of an emotional rollercoaster of downs (swearing at the tv and wishing ill on McCoy then Fox then Allen and every player) and ups (inevitable yet extremely improbably victories) than I can remember.

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
More of an emotional rollercoaster of downs (swearing at the tv and wishing ill on McCoy then Fox then Allen and every player) and ups (inevitable yet extremely improbably victories) than I can remember.

Well consider where we were coming from and the expectations that I had, I was pleased.

As an optimist, I remember CHI, NYJ, PITT in the first round like they were yesterday. I was at opening night vs OAK and can barely recall much of the game (alcohol+repression).

Regardless of what ends up happening with Tebow's future in Denver, I will always look back on this season fondly.

broncosteven
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Watching Marion Barber run out of bounds then fumble in OT with my house full of bear fans was priceless!

spdirty
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm a dick. But the seasons over, the excitements over, and we still have big questions at quarterback next year. And he's too damn busy playing video games and playing celebrity to work on his game right now.

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm a dick. But the seasons over, the excitements over, and we still have big questions at quarterback next year. And he's too damn busy playing video games and playing celebrity to work on his game right now.

http://i.imgur.com/Fhq43.gif

TheReverend
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM

And people call "Tebowners" the unreasonable ones.

Get a ****ing life.

houghtam
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM

Don't ever take a vacation after having a bad day at work. I'll be there to call you out on it first thing.

RhymesayersDU
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Don't ever take a vacation after having a bad day at work. I'll be there to call you out on it first thing.

This.

RhymesayersDU
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I hate Tebow for ruining Denver Bronco football.

Signed ,
TGN

Hah, glad somebody beat me to this.

jhns
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Don't worry, all raider fans hate seeing this team win.

Goobzilla
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Lousy 23 year old millionaires enjoying some down time. F 'em all!! :P

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't trade this past season for anything. I brought my dad to his first game at the new stadium after a week of deer hunting, it was the Jets game...we tailgated and drank beer all day and had possibly the greatest week of his and my lives together...at almost 38 years old that is saying something.

good stuff...

Gort
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM

i may disagree strongly, but i give you credit for putting your name on your opinion. when we were 1-4, probably 80% of this site thought the season was over and that we should try and lose the rest of our games, as the only way to salvage anything positive out of the season. after the victory over PIT in round 1, i felt like the season was a "success" no matter what happened the following week in Foxboro. we got the bad 4-12 taste out of our mouths.

Miss I.
02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was exciting, frustrating, crazy but just a blast to watch. And honestly it was a really good time watching with my dad. He played in college and it took me a long time to see what he loved about this game. Watching Tim and the Broncos with him was great fun and he now has someone to talk NFL with and I have great memories with him and hearing the technical talk and his college stories. So from both a fan perspective a personal this has been a great season. I couldn't ever have backed the Suck for luck anyway. I just want us to win and crazy as it was there was a lot of fun and joy in the game this year. After 2 years of negative drama from McDumbass, it was nice to have a different kind of drama this year.

Peoples Champ
02-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Past season was fun. Very memorable.

It was the most exciting non superbowl season I have ever experienced as a bronco fan.

Butterscotch Stallion
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Losing TGN was worth it to me.

bendog
02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
It was almost like being single and being able to last all night.