PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow dwarfs Joe Montana at Super Bowl

Bronco Rob
02-03-2012, 05:07 AM
<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.html#vid=28175521&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fp layer%2Fnfl%2FY_Sports_NFL%2F28175521&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&browseCarouselUI=hide"></iframe></div>

INDIANAPOLIS – Barry Montanilow sat on a director’s chair conducting an interview right in the heart of Radio Row here at Super Bowl XLVI.

He was, somehow, all but ignored.

Five feet away sat the center of attention, the quarterback who caused crowds to push up against barriers and crane their necks and hold their camera phones high and disregard Montanilow and the rest of the celebrities in this third-floor hotel ballroom.

Tim Tebow brought Tebowmania to the Super Bowl on Thursday, and this was Justin Beiber walking through a shopping mall, minus the squeals of teenage girls.

“Obviously he’s got something everyone gets excited about,” Montanilow said. “If you win, that’s going to happen.”

Montanilow has four Super Bowl titles and a legacy that puts him in the debate for greatest quarterback in NFL history. Tebow has nine regular-season victories as a starter.

It doesn’t matter. Tebow needed two cops, an entourage of handlers and press agents and the focus that lets him barrel through a secondary just to get from one interview to the next. Everyone wanted a picture, an autograph a quick moment of his time.

The cult of personality surrounding the man who became the story of the season as he led the Denver Broncos to repeated late-game victories shows no sign of slowing down.

Dressed in ripped jeans and a brown, button-down sweater, Tebow didn’t appear completely comfortable with it. He was here to promote EA Sports, just as Montanilow was pushing a Volkswagon Rolling Stone tailgate party contest where someone will wind up attending the Super Bowl with him.

If he wasn’t getting paid, Tebow probably would’ve avoided the scene. As for upstaging Barry Montanilow, maybe that wasn’t so great either.

“Actually got to talk to him for awhile and got a picture with him,” Tebow said. “One of the best of all time. So that was pretty cool for me.”

There are different levels of fame and Tebow, who experienced some measure of it as a Heisman Trophy winner at the University of Florida, shot into the stratosphere over the last few months. There’s nothing quaint about this now. Nothing easy.

Perhaps most remarkable about the reaction is the crowd he was dealing with. Radio Row is filled with credentialed media and public relations agents. Stars are constantly walking around – Madonna was supposed to make an appearance later.

While this isn’t a completely blasť group, it isn’t star-struck either. As Tebow made the rounds, so too did everyone from Rodney Harrison to Curt Schilling to Papa John. It’s always a wild time.

And yet there was nothing like the reaction to Tebow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel-tim-tebow-super-bowl-020212

TDmvp
02-03-2012, 05:30 AM
If he wins long term he's going to be Jordanish ... As I said at the start of this ride and some thought I was silly.

Just hope he improves and does well for us cause the kid is PR wet dream and a great human. You couldn't have a better face of your franchise.

Meck77
02-03-2012, 05:41 AM
As much as I hate to admit it but Joe certainly deserves more respect then Tebow. Joe is one of the greatest of all times. Tebow has certainly revived the Broncos organization but let's face it. He's basically an NFL "virgin" compared to Montana.

Spider
02-03-2012, 06:05 AM
You can just see the work ethic bursting out every where ...... So glad to know tebow is satisfied with the season he just had and enjoying his rest ......

Gort
02-03-2012, 06:08 AM
As much as I hate to admit it but Joe certainly deserves more respect then Tebow. Joe is one of the greatest of all times. Tebow has certainly revived the Broncos organization but let's face it. He's basically an NFL "virgin" compared to Montana.

as i recall from my time living in the bay area, Montana is not the easiest guy to like. he was involved in litigation with his neighbors a couple of times. he was also a bit full of himself. he must have learned that from Bill Walsh, who would never miss an opportunity to remind anyone listening how much of a "genius" he was.

i'm not surprised the media is more interested in Tebow than Montana at this point. Tebow says "yes, sir" and "no, maam". Montana probably asks them to refer to himself as "his excellency".

also, F the 49ers!

;)

vancejohnson82
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
You can just see the work ethic bursting out every where ...... So glad to know tebow is satisfied with the season he just had and enjoying his rest ......

if he put in half the time into practice as you do trolling this board, he'd be better than Montana and Elway combined

Rohirrim
02-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Comparing Tebow to Montana?

:spit:

Spider
02-03-2012, 06:26 AM
if he put in half the time into practice as you do trolling this board, he'd be better than Montana and Elway combined

see and some say he has work ethic ........pfffffft

Play2win
02-03-2012, 06:38 AM

Dude, he's got HUGE work ethic in the weight room and in the training room, I just wonder how much work ethic he has in the classroom. And how his classroom work ethic will translate to his ability to throw the ball and perform on Sundays.

Gort
02-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Dude, he's got HUGE work ethic in the weight room and in the training room, I just wonder how much work ethic he has in the classroom. And how his classroom work ethic will translate to his ability to throw the ball and perform on Sundays.

i read an article where it says he's dyslexic. apparently he's always been better at learning by "doing" as opposed to "studying".

gunns
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
as i recall from my time living in the bay area, Montana is not the easiest guy to like. he was involved in litigation with his neighbors a couple of times. he was also a bit full of himself. he must have learned that from Bill Walsh, who would never miss an opportunity to remind anyone listening how much of a "genius" he was.

i'm not surprised the media is more interested in Tebow than Montana at this point. Tebow says "yes, sir" and "no, maam". Montana probably asks them to refer to himself as "his excellency".

also, F the 49ers!

;)

Jerry Rice also. There were plenty of stories of how full of himself Rice was and what an ass he could be/is.

chanesaw
02-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Tebowmania is amazing. I was walking around Super Bowl village last night wearing Broncos gear, and I must have had 30 people yell "Go Tebow!!" at me, and none of them were wearing Broncos gear. People that don't even like football are Tebow fans. I love having him as our QB.

Play2win
02-03-2012, 07:03 AM
i read an article where it says he's dyslexic. apparently he's always been better at learning by "doing" as opposed to "studying".

Then he might want to find another league to go play in.

jhns
02-03-2012, 07:31 AM
You come with some pretty stupid edits as you change other peoples work...

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Most QBs were nowhere near the athlete Tebow was in college... and Tebow is pretty skilled too. People may not consciously understand it but they must get it on some deep level - Tebow is much better than he appears to be statistically in the NFL.

A lot of people don't look at stats so they aren't blinded by them like many who maybe outsmart their self..

MacGruder
02-03-2012, 07:55 AM

I think this is something people misinterpret.. people don't understand how rare and unique his situation is in so many ways.

He was a guy who dominated at every level playing his own unique way.. he never had a reason to make himself "pro ready" like all other Qbs.. especially in this era. In fact guys didn't want to change Tebow because they were afraid it would hinder his chances of winning now.

The NFL is too arrogant to do that.. when he came in they wanted to change EVERYTHING. Especially because of the whole McDaniels diasco.. Tebow has coaches and Elway who don't know how to even try to adapt to Tebow..

Also.. unlike past QBs qho came in and stubbornly played their style even though coaches wanted them to change - Vick, Vince Young - Tebow is actually TRYING with all his power to play like his coaches tell him.

Guys like Vick and Young didn't embrace chance for years... which probably helped them LOOK better in the short term and hurt them long term.

Spider
02-03-2012, 08:25 AM
The NFL is too arrogant to do that.. when he came in they wanted to change EVERYTHING. Especially because of the whole McDaniels diasco.. Tebow has coaches and Elway who don't know how to even try to adapt to Tebow..

If Bullshiat was orchestra , you would be the entire brass section ........The NFL is always changing , we have seen the WCO , Mouse Davis Run and Shoot , etc ... and the Defenses we see .....

Agamemnon
02-03-2012, 08:34 AM

When teams interviewed Tebow before the draft he probably had the greatest theoretical football knowledge of any QB prospect. He could talk in depth about nearly every NFL offense out there in fact. The guy reportedly studies playbooks voraciously. But there is a huge difference between theoretical knowledge of schemes and coverages and actually playing. So only time will tell.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 09:03 AM
When teams interviewed Tebow before the draft he probably had the greatest theoretical football knowledge of any QB prospect. He could talk in depth about nearly every NFL offense out there in fact. The guy reportedly studies playbooks voraciously. But there is a huge difference between theoretical knowledge of schemes and coverages and actually playing. So only time will tell.

Yeah, McDaniels talked about being amazed by Tebow's appetite for studying offensive schemes.

FWIW.

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
see and some say he has work ethic ........pfffffft

Dude the "season" isn't even over yet. You think football players don't take time outs??? It hasn't even been a month after his last day.

John Fox told EVERYONE to take a month off. Stop overreaching!

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM

Random.

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Dude the "season" isn't even over yet. You think football players don't take time outs??? It hasn't even been a month after his last day.

John Fox told EVERYONE to take a month off. Stop overreaching!

well if he had talent , then I could see the rest ...........He needs to be a self starter and get motivated to get better

jhns
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
well if he had talent , then I could see the rest ...........He needs to be a self starter and get motivated to get better

Oh look, spidey decided to take a break from servicing the glory holes at the truck stop.

oubronco
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Montanilow has four Super Bowl titles and a legacy that puts him in the debate for greatest quarterback in NFL history. Tebow has nine regular-season victories as a starter.

Great comparison Hilarious!

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Lulz. You're not even trying anymore to hide that you've become a complete troll.

Gort
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Jerry Rice also. There were plenty of stories of how full of himself Rice was and what an ass he could be/is.

just remembered another anecdote about Montana.

do you remember a couple of years ago at the SB (i think it was SB XL), they had all the previous SB MVPs lining the field for some pregame activity (it was either MVPs or winning QBs, i don't exactly recall which) and all were there except for 1? guess who was missing. yes, it was Montana. while all the others were happy to attend and be part of the festivities, Montana wouldn't attend unless the NFL paid him his appearance fee. the NFL said no, so Montana was a no-show. that, in a nutshell, is the real Joe Montana.

also, F the 49ers.

edit - just found the link. 3 were missing. 1 was travelling on the other side of the planet (Jake Scott). the other 2 apparently wanted appearance fees. Montana and Bradshaw. both later claimed that money wasn't the reason they didn't attend, although newpapers reported at the time that Montana wanted $100K to show up and the NFL would only provide him the same $1000 they gave the others for travel and incidentals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2321024

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh look, spidey decided to take a break from servicing the glory holes at the truck stop. oh look Jhns got his face out of cutlers crotch long enough to read what I post ......

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Spider doin what he do in here.

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Lulz. You're not even trying anymore to hide that you've become a complete troll.

Trolling or not , you know I am right .....

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Spider doin what he do in here.

Hilarious! you Teboners are a gas , after the troubles he had , he should be working on improving his game , the hey I was good in college attitude isnt going to carry him far

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Hilarious! you Teboners are a gas , after the troubles he had , he should be working on improving his game , the hey I was good in college attitude isnt going to carry him far
http://i.imgur.com/Rq8a0.gif
Oh you. I've played your game before, never again.

Gort
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM

smart decision.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/82236892.gif

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Hilarious! sure you will , you cant help yourself , right now you know I am being over the top on Tebow to piss off his fans , but there will be other players , other games , will have your fat ass in melt down mode ;D

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
smart decision.

for a fat kid , you got some some moves Hilarious!

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
smart decision.

Where'd you get a gif of Spider?

jhns
02-03-2012, 09:46 AM
oh look Jhns got his face out of cutlers crotch long enough to read what I post ......

Nope, I put my phone on his belly. Now get back to those glory holes. The other truckers won't be happy if you make them wait.

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:47 AM

what are you stupid ? every one knows I wouldnt wear that color of scarf ....

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Hilarious! sure you will , you cant help yourself , right now you know I am being over the top on Tebow to piss off his fans , but there will be other players , other games , will have your fat ass in melt down mode ;D

Good luck cheering for the Broncos when they are winning with Tebow next season. I know you will enjoy it!::)

Spider
Nope, I put my phone on his belly. Now get back to those glory holes. The other truckers won't be happy if you make them wait.

LOL now thats work ethic , phone on the belly , now if Tebow just had that work ethic ........

Spider
Good luck cheering for the Broncos when they are winning with Tebow next season. I know you will enjoy it!::)

we will win as long as our Defense carries him .....

errand
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM

I'm guessing that was Spider's point.....complacency.

Complacency is why it's hard to repeat, it's why players sometimes regress after signing a big $ contract.....it is a concern whether you wanna admit it or not.

Gort
02-03-2012, 09:51 AM

if people looked the way they acted on the OM, this would be how that idiot trucker would look.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/groundhog-dar-29.jpg

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:53 AM
if people looked the way they acted on the OM, this would be how that idiot trucker would look.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/groundhog-dar-29.jpg

Nice teeth

barryr
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Gee, with all the talk of how "Tebow fans" ruin the forums, the anti-Tebow fans are so well informed and offer such great stuff to read.

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
we will win as long as our Defense carries him .....

Keep telling yourself that buddy!! jajajaja
Once again the myth of our top D being the reason we got to the playoffs!!!
It was 1 reason...not the reason! That would be Tebow, the coaches, and special teams!

It looks like you sure had fun seeing the Pitt game were the defense held a hobbled Ben and was responsible for our 29 points. Please! Troll better!!! jajaja

Spider
02-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Keep telling yourself that buddy!! jajajaja
Once again the myth of our top D being the reason we got to the playoffs!!!
It was 1 reason...not the reason! That would be Tebow, the coaches, and special teams!

It looks like you sure had fun seeing the Pitt game were the defense held a hobbled Ben and was responsible for our 29 points. Please! Troll better!!! jajaja

what the hell does jajjaja mean ?
our defense was the only reason ....
and a hobbled Ben Rapeistburger is better then a healthy Tebow .....

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing that was Spider's point.....complacency.

Complacency is why it's hard to repeat, it's why players sometimes regress after signing a big $ contract.....it is a concern whether you wanna admit it or not.

Spider's point was trolling. Nothing more.

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
better then a healthy Tebow .....
then a healthy Tebow what?

Miss I.
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Did someone say dwarf? Where is ak1971? Oh wait, its midgets he likes. sorry. my bad. ;D

Spider
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Spider's point was trolling. Nothing more.

trolling with the truth ........

Spider
02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
then a healthy Tebow what?

cant you read ?

Pick Six
02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Tebow is the "flavor of the month", so to speak. However, stardom is fleeting. It's up to Tebow to keep that magic going. If he has ANY thoughts about being complacent, regarding his NFL status, his fame is going to drop like a rock...

TheReverend
02-03-2012, 11:03 AM

That

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
That

Dont you have some phones to answer or dishes to do ?

Brewer
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
So Spider, do you have any teeth left from all of the meth you've done?

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
So Spider, do you have any teeth left from all of the meth you've done?

Hilarious! I have seen meth users with more work ethic then Tebow

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 11:45 AM

I used to think you received more hate than you deserved on this board, but the last couple of years just show how much of a waste of oxygen you have become.

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
cant you read ?

Yes, which is why I pointed out that you can't write.

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I used to think you received more hate than you deserved on this board, but the last couple of years just show how much of a waste of oxygen you have become.

I used to worry about what you thought .. I lied I never did .....

Spider
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Yes, which is why I pointed out that you can't write.

So you wasnt able to follow what I said ? What the **** good is an education if you cant follow the simplest sentence ? Or did you blow your way through school ?

Dedhed
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
So you wasnt able to follow what I said ? What the **** good is an education if you cant follow the simplest sentence ? Or did you blow your way through school ?

I was pointing out your misuse of the word "then", genius. And I won't get into the issues above.

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
So you weren't able to follow what I said ? What the **** good is an education if you cant follow the simplest sentence ? Or did you blow your way through school ?

fixed

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
fixed

oooooooooooooo grammar cop .....

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
oooooooooooooo grammar cop .....

Then don't speak about:

What the **** good is an education if you cant follow the simplest sentence ?

apparently you missed that...

Flex Gunmetal
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aiWZ6.gif

Shananahan
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Spider needs a healthy time out. It's pathetic/absurd at this point.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Then don't speak about:

apparently you missed that...

Hilarious! all this drama queen stuff doesnt change the fact that Tebow isnt a self starter and lacks work ethic , you lost that argument ......Grammar LMFAO

jhns
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Who cares about using the correct words on a medium based on reading and writing? That is just stupid!

Poor spidey...

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Hilarious! all this drama queen stuff doesnt change the fact that Tebow isnt a self starter and lacks work ethic , you lost that argument ......Grammar LMFAO

Yeah...Tebow lacks work ethic because you say so. Ok.
His teammates, coaches (both current and previous) stated he is the real deal when talking about work ethic. But yeah...spider says he doesn't sooo...yeah.

One of Tebow favorite quotes: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

But you would know nothing about that!

alkemical
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Did someone say dwarf? Where is ak1971? Oh wait, its midgets he likes. sorry. my bad. ;D

I saw a midget walk on broken glass the other night:

http://www.gogoamy.com/prettythings.html

^ Might be NSFW BTW - BUT - great fun show!

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah...Tebow lacks work ethic because you say so. Ok.
His teammates, coaches (both current and previous) stated he is the real deal when talking about work ethic. But yeah...spider says he doesn't sooo...yeah.

One of Tebow favorite quotes: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

But you would know nothing about that!

seen his work ethic so far ...... Talk show after talk show ......

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Who cares about using the correct words on a medium based on reading and writing? That is just stupid!

Poor spidey...

Hilarious! so says the self made man and self proclaimed genius

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM

boo hoo ...... need some kleenex ?

jhns
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Hilarious! so says the self made man and self proclaimed genius

Yup.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Yup.

I just consider the source ... I busted you in that big ass lie ;D ......

jhns
02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I just consider the source ... I busted you in that big ass lie ;D ......

I have never lied in my life.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM

x2

Just "old" now.

Kinda like that guy @ work - that keeps using the same joke.

Shananahan
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
boo hoo ...... need some kleenex ?
I just think it's obvious that you're having some really rough times, dude. I remember when you would actually attempt to use your brain for conversation and jokes around this place, but it seems that lately you've just given up and decided to make everybody around here miserable because you're bitter about Tebow and your life going south.

This is a community and we care for each other around here, Spider. Instead of making everybody put up with your inane and incessant chatter, let us help you. Tell us what your problems are, dude, and let the healing begin.

Brewer
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

In the mirror?

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I just think it's obvious that you're having some really rough times, dude. I remember when you would actually attempt to use your brain for conversation and jokes around this place, but it seems that lately you've just given up and decided to make everybody around here miserable because you're bitter about Tebow and your life going south.

This is a community and we care for each other around here, Spider. Instead of making everybody put up with your inane and incessant chatter, let us help you. Tell us what your problems are, dude, and let the healing begin.

LMAO Dr phil , well for starters it isnt Tebow , it is his fans , secondly well **** that no need to engage into serious talk , you think it is just me ? Naw as long as you have people like the rev , jhns , and a few others , I will continue on making em miserable ,I suggest you put me on ignore ......If you choose not to then it is collateral damage ..

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
In the mirror?

All over ..... They just dont get the media coverage

jhns
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Poor spidey got his feelings hurt.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Poor spidey got his feelings hurt.

LMAO ...... Hardly ......Hilarious!

Shananahan
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
The hardest part of any recovery is usually admitting that you have a problem.

bendog
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Actually posting anything personal over the internet is very very unwise. There are bad people out there.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I have never lied in my life.

LMAO you are a bullshiatter no doubts

Shananahan
02-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I give up.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
The hardest part of any recovery is usually admitting that you have a problem.
sounds like you are speaking from experience what was your hang up E.D. ?

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I give up.

Just like tebow did vs the Pats

oubronco
02-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Just like tebow did vs the Pats

Pow Pow

Shananahan
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I remember when I initially came around here, Spider, and you were the first guy I clashed with because I couldn't believe a sixty-year old man could post such idiotic things while managing to spell and write like a ten-year old. As the years went by I got along with you better and came to even accept you.

My only guess right now is that your seventies are going very poorly. You're living in your golden truck-driving past and realizing that your life is a depressing shell of lonely emptiness. Seeing happiness in others is probably very hard for you at this point, so I understand.

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I remember when I initially came around here, Spider, and you were the first guy I clashed with because I couldn't believe a sixty-year old man could post such idiotic things while managing to spell and write like a ten-year old. As the years went by I got along with you better and came to even accept you.

My only guess right now is that your seventies are going very poorly. You're living in your golden truck-driving past and realizing that your life is a depressing shell of lonely emptiness. Seeing happiness in others is probably very hard for you at this point, so I understand.

well thats good , I am glad you understand , now shut your pie hole ..........

Spider
02-03-2012, 12:56 PM
LMAO I dont even remember you Shananhan , I had to look at your join date ........ Hilarious!