PDA

View Full Version : And that is why Denver will never host a Superbowl...

BroncoBen
02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
..... the weather.

A major winter storm is moving across Colorado tonight... with 5-10" of snow possible overnight....conditions east of the city a BLIZZARD WARNING will go into effect at 11 pm.

TOMORROW: A WINTER STORM WARNING remains in effect for Denver and the front range for heavy snow and wind for much of the day on Friday.

Chris
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I guess this is the best we can hope for

http://static.aftertube.com/0_0_0_30265832_middle.jpg

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Its really not that bad.

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
SNOWMAGGEDON.

houghtam
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Pssssh. Detroit's had two, and Indy's got one this year.

Coming from someone who's been to Detroit more than this whole board combined, lives 2 hours from Indy, and has never been to Denver before, you can't do much worse, snow or no snow.

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Breaking news: Denver's stadium is not a dome.

spdirty
02-02-2012, 10:00 PM

I'd rather never host a super bowl than go all pussy and build a roof to get one.

strafen
02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
..... the weather.

A major winter storm is moving across Colorado tonight... with 5-10" of snow possible overnight....conditions east of the city a BLIZZARD WARNING will go into effect at 11 pm.

TOMORROW: A WINTER STORM WARNING remains in effect for Denver and the front range for heavy snow and wind for much of the day on Friday.That's football weather man...
I personally think watching a SB under this kind of weather conditions will be awesome...
A lot of people will freak out. Hilarious!
Of course no broncos playing, that'll suck for us, but wouldn't mind seeing other teams play... LOL

houghtam
02-02-2012, 10:08 PM

Yeah but since when has the Super Bowl been about the game?

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
..... the weather.

TOMORROW: A WINTER STORM WARNING remains in effect for Denver and the front range for heavy snow and wind for much of the day on Friday.

correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get a mega winter snow in NY too?

That One Guy
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get a mega winter snow in NY too?

Didn't that start Dallas' problems last year?

broncocalijohn
02-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Denver shouldnt have a SuperBowl anyways. Florida and California with Arizona in there too should be the only places to host a superbowl. Maybe New Orleans.

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Maybe New Orleans? Yeah, I think the party capital of the country should host the biggest party of the year.

Archer81
02-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes. Heaven forbid we ask Madonna to do her crappy half time show in the snow. She might slip and break a hip, or maybe the stage will explode and electrocute everyone.

:Broncos:

errand
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I'd be more concerned if we never get to play in one again.....

houghtam
02-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Maybe New Orleans? Yeah, I think the party capital of the country should host the biggest party of the year.

Yeah really. Hell, why not just let New Orleans have it every year except for if the Saints are in it. I'm sure the players wouldn't mind.

Or hell, build a stadium in Vegas.

TDmvp
02-03-2012, 01:59 AM

Neither is Giant's Stadium or whatever they are calling it now.

Jetmeck
02-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Thought most of you loved to ski ? So enjoy ?

I did once and it looked like the Special Olympics.
No offense to them...................

Spider
02-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Pssssh. Detroit's had two, and Indy's got one this year.

Coming from someone who's been to Detroit more than this whole board combined, .

I seriously doubt that :rofl:

chanesaw
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
I live in Indy and have been really enjoying all of the festivities. They should rotate the Super Bowl to every NFL city. We usually get really cold and windy winter weather this time of year, but God has smiled down on this city and blessed us with amazing sunny days and mild temperatures. The most mild winter that I have any memory of.

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Too bad football's championship game can't be played in the snow.

Jason in LA
02-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes. Heaven forbid we ask Madonna to do her crappy half time show in the snow. She might slip and break a hip, or maybe the stage will explode and electrocute everyone.

:Broncos:

Prince performed in the rain, with his hair wrapped. Dude was awesome.

55CrushEm
02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah but since when has the Super Bowl been about the game?

It's about making a comfortable environment for the celebrities.

The Superbowl always has been and always will be played either in a warm weather stadium or in a dome.

Period.

bowtown
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Prince performed in the rain, with his hair wrapped. Dude was awesome.

That was the best Super Bowl performance evah.

bendog
02-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I live in Indy and have been really enjoying all of the festivities. They should rotate the Super Bowl to every NFL city. We usually get really cold and windy winter weather this time of year, but God has smiled down on this city and blessed us with amazing sunny days and mild temperatures. The most mild winter that I have any memory of.

I'm really surprised Indy got a game. It's not just the indoor thing, but for what a ticket runs, it's about having a vacation. Even if it's just rainy cold it's hard for people to go out for drinks and dinner and then hit a party.

no offense inteded to Indy. I laughed at the Dullass icestorm. I just wish Jerry had taken an icecicle to the head.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
it's about having a vacation. Even if it's just rainy cold it's hard for people to go out for drinks and dinner and then hit a party.

If that was true, over half the country's restaurants and clubs would shut down from November through April. And ski resorts wouldn't go out of their way to become true "resorts" instead of just places to ski. It might be somewhat less pleasant a commute in bad weather, but it doesn't stop people from going out if that's what they really want to do.

bendog
02-03-2012, 09:47 AM
If that was true, over half the country's restaurants and clubs would shut down from November through April. And ski resorts wouldn't go out of their way to become true "resorts" instead of just places to ski. It might be somewhat less pleasant a commute in bad weather, but it doesn't stop people from going out if that's what they really want to do.

Look, I'm sorry but it's the reason Mia and Nola get so many superbowls. They're fun places to get out of winter. San Diego too.

24champ
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
No Super Bowl, but Denver is going to put a strong bid for the 2022 Olympics.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/440709/thumbs/r-OLYMPICS-DENVER-2022-large570.jpg

ThirtyDegrees
02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
No Super Bowl, but Denver is going to put a strong bid for the 2022 Olympics.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/440709/thumbs/r-OLYMPICS-DENVER-2022-large570.jpg

Will never happen. The state is the only awarded host that has ever refused to fund and host the games. The Olympics will never be awarded to Denver.

Mogulseeker
02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm really surprised Indy got a game. It's not just the indoor thing, but for what a ticket runs, it's about having a vacation. Even if it's just rainy cold it's hard for people to go out for drinks and dinner and then hit a party.

no offense inteded to Indy. I laughed at the Dullass icestorm. I just wish Jerry had taken an icecicle to the head.

I could see Denver as a ski destination for the Super Bowl.

And another thing... who cares about the weather? This is football.

That NFL requires the Super Bowl to have at least an average temp of 50 degrees during the game. What a dumb rule.

Mogulseeker
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Will never happen. The state is the only awarded host that has ever refused to fund and host the games. The Olympics will never be awarded to Denver.

It will happen.

Gov. Lamm didn't want to deficit spend for the Olympics, and cited environmental concerns. These things are all the vogue with the Olympics these days.

Plus there's the training facility in Co. Springs.

24champ
02-03-2012, 02:43 PM

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of it happening regardless of what happened in the past.

It'd be pretty cool to see Mile High Stadium host the opening and closing ceremonies.

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
What, you don't want to see this at Sports Authority Field?

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/20/coughlin_giants_game_winning_kick_1.jpg

His eyes are frozen open.