PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning cleared to play

TonyR
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Spider
02-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Lets throw some cash at him get him in here

Spider
02-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Suck for Manning?

Hell no treat him like a whore and make him suck for our money

HILife
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Hell no treat him like a whore and make him suck for our money

Damn, your to fast. Caught me before I could delete it. Didn't sound right after I posted it.

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2012, 03:34 PM
If the Colts still cut him than that tells me that their team doctors disagree. Like I said in another post, if there's any chance that he's not 100% and all the doctors are not on board, than I'm willing to bet the Colts will have an excuse to let Manning go and start over. It's a tough decision, but this is why a team has its own medical staff.

Spider
02-02-2012, 03:36 PM
If the Colts still cut him than that tells me that their team doctors disagree. Like I said in another post, if there's any chance that he's not 100% and all the doctors are not on board, than I'm willing to bet the Colts will have an excuse to let Manning go and start over. It's a tough decision, but this is why a team has its own medical staff.

who is ever 100% ?

TonyR
02-02-2012, 03:40 PM

From the article...

Watkins, according to the sources, joined Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell (you) to go play."

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
From the article...

So I guess the Colts won't cut him then? I dunno, they got to pay him a huge chunk of money and it's up to them to decide if he's worth it or not.

errand
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM

The Colt's doc is one of the two that cleared him to play.....

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
The Colt's doc is one of the two that cleared him to play.....

From what I'm reading though, this is about the fuse taking hold. Has nothing to do with whether the nerve regeneration will let him be effective.

Heyneck
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Let it play out. I Payton is cleared to play and the Colts release him, he will be the biggest player in FA history.

But we just have to see. Remember there was not talk of health problems during the offseason he signed his last contract, but as soon as he became the highest paid QB in the history of the game, he went and had his 3rd surgery 3 days after signing it.

Yes, the colts were dumbasses for not making him take the physical, but he knew he was not feeling right and that he required surgery. He kept that from the COLTS so he could get paid.

What going to stop him from doing the same thing to another team? He could pass a physical...but being effective in what he does best is another thing.

errand
02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
From what I'm reading though, this is about the fuse taking hold. Has nothing to do with whether the nerve regeneration will let him be effective.

Peyton is just as competitive as anyone else, and according to Chris Mortensen, believes he'll be ready by April....

KO5K
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM

http://s7.postimage.org/ynl67tc9z/troll.gif

OBF1
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM

We have no one for him to throw it to and our Oline would get him killed by week 3.

PASS on the highest per year salary in Denver Broncos history.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2012, 04:35 PM
He may be cleared to play, but what about his arm strength returning?

I thought that was still a question mark.

At any rate, PASS.

MortonToMoses
02-02-2012, 04:41 PM
What if he went to the 49ers? That would be a scary team.

go_broncos
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Good for him..NFL is better if he plays.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
We have no one for him to throw it to and our Oline would get him killed by week 3.

PASS on the highest per year salary in Denver Broncos history.

1) why do people assume he'd command 26 mil.
2) He'd make the line better simply because he doesnt hold the ball
3) Our receivers ARENT THAT BAD. Plus, if peyton were to come, receivers would come.

Not saying lets get him, but i just think what you say isnt true

extralife
02-02-2012, 04:52 PM
What if he went to the 49ers? That would be a scary team.

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE SEPTEMBER PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2012, 04:55 PM
1) why do people assume he'd command 26 mil.
2) He'd make the line better simply because he doesnt hold the ball
3) Our receivers ARENT THAT BAD. Plus, if peyton were to come, receivers would come.

Not saying lets get him, but i just think what you say isnt true

yah, a great QB makes everyone around him better...

cmhargrove
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
The Colts will rue the day they let Manning walk....

I know it is going to happen, but Manning can easily win another SB or two with the right team. I wish him the best, and hope he beats the ass off the Colts for years to come.

BroncoBeavis
02-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Peyton is just as competitive as anyone else, and according to Chris Mortensen, believes he'll be ready by April....

I'm sure he believes that. But he's not the one that has to live with tying up a quarter of a team's salary cap on a player that may not make it on field.

Irsay did an interview today and basically said as much.

boltaneer
02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
If the Colts cut Peyton, everyone is buzzing about the Jets, the Redskins and Dolphins but I think he needs to go to another dome team.

The Vikings and Rams are the only ones that are desperate for a QB though.

Maybe Jerry Jones breaks out the vault and sends Romo packing.

Heyneck
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
SF could be a player depending on their salary cap.

PAYTON + WAYNE = SUPERBOWL

But...there is no way Shanny lets other teams beat him to Payton. He has a huge crush on him. When he coached the ProBowl after losing to the steelers in 2005, he got to coach Manning. That gave him even bigger woody for a franchise QB. Hence the surprise Cutler pick.

Shanny needs a QB, BAD!!! There is no way him and Snyder lose out on this one. Even if they have to clear cap space for some of his receivers. (Which they need badly also)

BroncoInferno
02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
So I guess the Colts won't cut him then? I dunno, they got to pay him a huge chunk of money and it's up to them to decide if he's worth it or not.

Irsay has claimed that if Manning is cleared to play, they will pick up his option. Will be interesting to see what they do. If Indy is dead set on picking Luck, Manning may not want to return. I doubt he wants to be part a rebuilding project at his age.

Ratboy
02-02-2012, 06:50 PM
If Peyton is cut, Denver better make a run at him.

HooptyHoops
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
This is good news for the NFL and horrible news for the Colts....man, I feel sorry for all the Colt fans....giving up your franchise for a 'maybe'......yuck!

errand
02-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Colts gotta be pretty lucky that in last 30 years, to have one of the best QB prospects coming out of college every year they picked 1st ...Elway in '83.....George in '90.....Manning in '98....and now Luck in '12....

GoHAM
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
The Colts would be stupid to release him. Even if they are convinced that he is done. PR nightmare plus look at the value and leverage they will hold owning the rights to both Peyton and Luck for the next 2-3yrs. Even if all they want to do is flip Manning to the highest bidder, that's value. ala Belichick franchising Cassell. You think Shanny wouldn't trip over himself sending their first round pick to Indy for Peyton Manning?

broncosteven
02-02-2012, 08:12 PM

I agree, I was told 3 months after my fusion I could downhill ski if I wanted, only problem was the chronic pain, muscle atrophy, my shoulder "winging"...but my vertebra were fused, it just didn't solve the pain problem.

BroncoBen
02-02-2012, 08:16 PM

I am more apt to believe the Doctors that did the surgery on Manning on whether he can play. Team doctors pretty much do the bidding of ownership.. how many times have we seen a player signed or released by one team but later in the week that same player is signed or released by another team.

Heck even the Broncos signed Ryan Harris when he was suppose to be out the rest of the season according to the Eagles.

Heyneck
02-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Colts still waiting for nerves in Manning's arm to heal properly

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/02/the-wait-for-colts-is-on-mannings-arm/?module=HP11_headline_stack

lonestar
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM

They would be stupid to make that $6 million roster bonus in MArch..

even if he is fit to go right now one hit and he may never walk again..

Now if they can work out a deal to trade that pick for a bunch of 1s and 2s over the next 3 years keep him and rebuild your team and pick up a QB in two years and pray a lot that he will make it that long before going down..

I suspect what ever team deals for Luck will most likely draft in the top ten the next few years..That would mean at least 4 top ten picks if not top five picks and a couple of top twenty picks .

Good way to rebuild..

broncosteven
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I am more apt to believe the Doctors that did the surgery on Manning on whether he can play. Team doctors pretty much do the bidding of ownership.. how many times have we seen a player signed or released by one team but later in the week that same player is signed or released by another team.

Heck even the Broncos signed Ryan Harris when he was suppose to be out the rest of the season according to the Eagles.

His neck is stable but the damage nerve(s) they did the fusion to take the pressure off still think the pressure is there, until they regenerate he is going to get worse. I think Manning is a fool if he thinks that the nerves will suddenly be regenerated a year after the 1st surgery. There is no timetable when it comes to something like this.

lonestar
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
The Colts would be stupid to release him. Even if they are convinced that he is done. PR nightmare plus look at the value and leverage they will hold owning the rights to both Peyton and Luck for the next 2-3yrs. Even if all they want to do is flip Manning to the highest bidder, that's value. ala Belichick franchising Cassell. You think Shanny wouldn't trip over himself sending their first round pick to Indy for Peyton Manning?

DO your realize that by trading manning the new team would assume the contract.. right now he is about 25% of the teams cap this year..

Just what team would do that and GIVE up picks for his contract?

They will wait for them to cut him..and be free to negotiate a new contract with him..There will not be that many teams that could afford him..

GoHAM
02-02-2012, 08:41 PM
DO your realize that by trading manning the new team would assume the contract.. right now he is about 25% of the teams cap this year..

Just what team would do that and GIVE up picks for his contract?

They will wait for them to cut him..and be free to negotiate a new contract with him..There will not be that many teams that could afford him..

DO you realize that the team that trades for Manning can renegotiate the contract?
Teams would give up picks to have exclusive negotiating rights with Manning.

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
This is good news for the NFL and horrible news for the Colts....man, I feel sorry for all the Colt fans....giving up your franchise for a 'maybe'......yuck!

Giving up their franchise? Even if healthy the guy is 35 years old. How much longer is he going to be around? And how bad is that team right now?

KO5K
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
It'll be interesting to see how much he signs for (in the likely event he goes elsewhere).

I wonder if he'd play for a million or so in San Fran or Baltimore to have a final shot at another ring.

lonestar
02-03-2012, 12:11 AM
DO you realize that the team that trades for Manning can renegotiate the contract?
Teams would give up picks to have exclusive negotiating rights with Manning.

But what incentive does the colts have to do this?

Yes I know that teams often redo contracts with trades.

Once again why would team give up something they can get for free inside a month.

I'm also betting that manning has a no trade clause or right to refuse to go to a scum bag team.

But believe what you want.

Manning will get cut or Indy will get a passel of picks for the number 1 slot this year and most likely will get him to redo his contract if he wants to stay.

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Imagine if they traded Luck. They could rebuild that team through the draft pretty ****ing fast.

I'm still amazed the Jaguars won their last game. All they had to do we lose and St. Louis would have #1. Now they gave a division rival the driving seat. ****ing stupid franchise. If you ever HAD to throw in the towel on a game, that was it.

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2012, 02:50 AM
ooo

@JimIrsay (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay) Jim Irsay

Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday.

https://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay/status/165319894009786368 (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay/status/165319894009786368)

HorseHead
02-03-2012, 02:50 AM
I bet he goes to Arizona...watch..they won't pick up the option on Kolb..

Gort
02-03-2012, 05:17 AM
coincidence that Luck said yesterday that he wants to play right away?

Peyton and Luck cannot coexist. the Colts will go with Luck (their future) over Manning. i expect Manning to play somewhere else next year for alot less money.

Gort
02-03-2012, 05:23 AM

why? i don't see how anyone in Indy could complain if they move forward with Luck over Manning.

1) Manning wants ALOT of money. fans are never going to be on the side of a guy making 20 bagillion dollars, no matter how much he has won there.
2) Manning missed all last season. they sucked. he still got paid.
3) Luck is supposed to be a can't miss QBOTF.
4) the more Manning b****es and acts like a problem in the media, the quicker the fanbase is going to turn on him. he's the one in the PR dilemma, not Indy
5) Indy fans are scum anyway. they root for a franchise stolen from another city. they have no moral highground. they are scum.

Manning either retires or plays elsewhere next year. i don't see any way Irsay Jr. pays that roster bonus. Manning got plenty of money in exchange for those wins and only 1 Lombardi. he's been more than fairly compensated.

gunns
02-03-2012, 05:31 AM
ooo

@JimIrsay (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay) Jim Irsay

Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday.

https://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay/status/165319894009786368 (https://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay/status/165319894009786368)

I think Irsay is trying to keep his options open and a way to save face with fans. The teams downfall wasn't just having Manning out. Irsay's got a team to rebuild, start with replacing a 15 year QB to build around.

I see Manning ending up with Shanahan. If he picks up a QB in the draft, not a dumb move. If he doesn't, stupid.

chanesaw
02-03-2012, 05:53 AM
The feeling in Indy is rather mixed. Some want to trade the Luck pick to restock for another championship run with Manning (which is what I would do if I were the Colts GM). Others look at what the Bengals got for Palmer, and think that Manning should get double that, and want to build a team around Luck for another 15 years of great play. Not too many want to have both QBs on the roster.

cmhargrove
02-03-2012, 06:39 AM
If the Colts cut Peyton, everyone is buzzing about the Jets, the Redskins and Dolphins but I think he needs to go to another dome team.

The Vikings and Rams are the only ones that are desperate for a QB though.

Maybe Jerry Jones breaks out the vault and sends Romo packing.

The Vikings would make good sense, but I still think Seattle is the best fit. Almost any team could improve their QB position with this move, so it will be interesting to see how it goes down.

At least the eyes of the NFL will be off of Tebow and the Broncos for one offseason, and that will probably be a good thing to brings some normalcy to the program.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Let it play out. I Payton is cleared to play and the Colts release him, he will be the biggest player in FA history.

Not even close, due to age and injury questions, even if he really is cleared. Haynesworth was a bigger FA at the time he signed the $100 mil contract.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Guys, enough with the "Manning could be traded" talk. He can't. Because of the timing of his bonus and the league's trade deadlines, the Colts would have to absorb a $30 million cap hit next year if he is traded. It's non-negotiable.

Either he plays for the Colts next year or he is released before the bonus comes do. Trading him is not an option.

bowtown
02-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I wonder if the Colts will try to trade Peyton Manning.

Punisher
02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112
To all the hypocrites. Yes i was the one that seen this plan 1st like i seen McD going to the rams 1st http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96620

alkemical
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM
http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112
To all the hypocrites. Yes i was the one that seen this plan 1st like i seen McD going to the rams 1st http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96620

Oh snap!

Punisher
02-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh snap!

Ah yes the sweet taste hypocrite tears I love it. You see alkemic just sit back in relax while i take a look at my crystal ball

bendog
02-03-2012, 07:23 AM

But we just have to see. Remember there was not talk of health problems during the offseason he signed his last contract, but as soon as he became the highest paid QB in the history of the game, he went and had his 3rd surgery 3 days after signing it.

Yes, the colts were dumbasses for not making him take the physical, but he knew he was not feeling right and that he required surgery. He kept that from the COLTS so he could get paid.

What going to stop him from doing the same thing to another team? He could pass a physical...but being effective in what he does best is another thing.

that's not really what happened, but I'll leave it for you to find out.

bendog
02-03-2012, 07:24 AM
If Peyton is cut, Denver better make a run at him.

You HATE TEBOW AND WNAT HIM TO FAIL!!! yOU HATE GOD!

alkemical
02-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Ah yes the sweet taste hypocrite tears I love it. You see alkemic just sit back in relax while i take a look at my crystal ball

Oh, i'm relaxin. some might even say...i'm gellin'.

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Not even close, due to age and injury questions, even if he really is cleared. Haynesworth was a bigger FA at the time he signed the $100 mil contract.

That was just the redskins being the redskins. Not even the Titans wanted to pay him that much. And this is freaking Payton Manning. I don't want a 36 year old with 3 neck surgeries on our team, but if he is cleared to play you bet somebody will pay him.

Just because he is not going to get a 100 mill contract doesn't mean squat. Payton Manning is the biggest NAME to hit the FA market in the history of the sport if he gets there.

By your rational, Albert is even bigger than the time Reggie White hit the FA because he signed a bigger contract? Come on! Payton would be the most significant player in FA ever!

You thought Tebow was overcovered? Just wait the coverage Payton will get as he decides what team he is going to.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Others look at what the Bengals got for Palmer, and think that Manning should get double that,

Sorry, the Raiders are fresh outta picks :)

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
that's not really what happened, but I'll leave it for you to find out.

Ok they knew about the may 23 surgery...but he never told them about his setback and that it would require later surgery. Hence the other surgery on sept 8.

The colts knew he had problems with the neck...but the original time table was 3-4 months after his may surgery. That would let him be ready for the start of the regular season.

You think Irsay would have offered him his contract if he knew he was going to miss 2011???

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2012, 07:58 AM
That was just the redskins being the redskins. Not even the Titans wanted to pay him that much. And this is freaking Payton Manning. I don't want a 36 year old with 3 neck surgeries on our team, but if he is cleared to play you bet somebody will pay him.

I never disagreed with that.

Just because he is not going to get a 100 mill contract doesn't mean squat. Payton Manning is the biggest NAME to hit the FA market in the history of the sport if he gets there.

Biggest "name", yes. But that's moving the goal posts a little bit there.

By your rational, Albert is even bigger than the time Reggie White hit the FA because he signed a bigger contract?

Different eras, contracts, salary caps, etc. Cannot compare unless you adjust the numbers and other context accordingly.

bendog
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Neither manning nor Irsay thought he'd miss the season. You can go back and look for yourself. But look how the contract was structured to protect the colts. and now you're backtracking on putting Manning as the guy who held up the colts.

Gort
02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Guys, enough with the "Manning could be traded" talk. He can't. Because of the timing of his bonus and the league's trade deadlines, the Colts would have to absorb a $30 million cap hit next year if he is traded. It's non-negotiable.

Either he plays for the Colts next year or he is released before the bonus comes do. Trading him is not an option.

i don't think anyone expects him to be traded. we expect him to be released before his bonus is due in March(?). he's basically untradeable with his salary demands and selective no-trade clause (i seem to recall he has the right to refuse to go to certain teams).

Gort
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM

By your rational, Albert is even bigger than the time Reggie White hit the FA because he signed a bigger contract? Come on! Payton would be the most significant player in FA ever!

You thought Tebow was overcovered? Just wait the coverage Payton will get as he decides what team he is going to.

Lebron called. he wants to setup a 2-hour ESPN special and get a producer credit.

broncosteven
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM

Plus Irsay has said repeatedly that he won't trade Manning.

I think they cut him before the due date. His neck maybe stable but the nerve is still the issue and that can be inflamed just by turning his head on a drop back.

Another thing people don't realize is when a person with nerve damage irritates the nerve muscles all over the place spasm and it can takes weeks for them to stop spasming.

bendog
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Well, he did sign with the Colts for less than Irsay was willing to pay, and his yearly salary was the same as what it would have cost to franchise him, and the contract gives the Colts an out. The contract also gave them cap relief last year because the two last years had low base salaries that spread out the cap over years.

I don't see why Manning shouldn't expect a contract upwards of 25 mil, though it'll have to be incentive driven. I don't see why he'd have any interest in playing for Den.

TheReverend
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
He'll either be a Colt or a Jet.

Heyneck
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
He'll either be a Colt or a Jet.

My money is on WAS. But as a JET he can stick it to the Colts.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Why do the Manning's hate the West Coast?

bendog
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I figure Jet because while Eli is a guy who is happiest hanging out with buds or his wife or in the lockerroom, the amount of money those two can make in NYC advertising is ..... I mean we're talking in the hundred millions.

bendog
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Liberals.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Liberals.

Then why hang out in NYC?

bendog
02-03-2012, 11:37 AM
it was a joke, but man you're from Penn and must know the difference between a democrat and a liberal.

alkemical
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
it was a joke, but man you're from Penn and must know the difference between a democrat and a liberal.

Ah - I didn't get the joke.

But in actuality - aren't they the same thing? Talk Radio equates them that way. :)

/wrongthread :)

Gort
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM

too many vampires.

http://www.vampires.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lost-boys-coreys.jpg

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Shanahan will do anything and everything to get Manning if he's let go.

**** playing for the Jets in that locker room.

peacepipe
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
We have no one for him to throw it to and our Oline would get him killed by week 3.PASS on the highest per year salary in Denver Broncos history.you would be surprised how a great QB can make a WR look good. also you would be surprised to know how many sacks occur when the QB holds the ball too long.

lonestar
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
which moron would want to pay the guy the money he is going to demand for a 2-3 year fix..

Considering that we would probably not be able to keep exsisting players or resign a couple like Clady, Magheee, Bunkly, Thomas and a few other UFA this year and next to make enought room for cap space for this guy..

He is going to take about 15-25% of the cap space to pay his contract..

Considering all of the holes this team has in starters and depth why would anyone want to do that?

Now I know that Tebow is probably never going to be at Mannings skill level, but then we do not have enough talent around him either let alone what we would need for Manning..

bombay
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
If he's healthy enough to play, I would love to see him in a Broncos uni.

Spider
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
If he's healthy enough to play, I would love to see him in a Broncos uni.

So would I , teboners dont though ,They know no way tebow will beat manning out , and the team will look alot better ..........

loborugger
02-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Dear Peyton,

It's always a good idea to walk away from the game while you can still walk.

Signed,
John Elway

Dear Peyton,

Pffffttttt, you gonna listen to that crap? Hang on as long as someone will let you play & you can get your mug on the TV.

Signed,
Brett Favre

Bronco Rob
02-04-2012, 05:52 AM

lonestar
02-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Bill burger is still full of crap, he was one of the worst when in DEN now at ESPN even more so.

According to a report in the DP today we have about 19 mil to reach our salary cap with the existing players under contract..

that does not count the following, Notable Broncos eligible for free agency include Matt Prater, Brodrick Bunkley, Brady Quinn, Daniel Fells, Marcus Thomas, Wesley Woodyard and Dante Rosario.

salary cap will be for each team in 2012, it is expected to be in the range of $120 million per team unless something unexpected happens.

The Broncos, including money set aside for insurance and other benefits, have $101.4 million in salary cap commitments on the books for 2012,

Read more: Broncos have some flexibility for both free agents and the draft - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19888292#ixzz1lS2xXzC2
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

so lets stop this moronic talk about using all of that money on manning or the vast majority of it on him.. We have loads of other areas taht are in bigger need thatn an Aging QB that may never be the same guy he was in Indy..

Plus who is he going to throw to?

BTW anyone forget that Fox likes to run the ball?

you can end this stupid thread now..

lonestar
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Bill burger is still full of crap, he was one of the worst when in DEN now at ESPN even more so.

According to a report in the DP today we have about 19 mil to reach our salary cap with the existing players under contract..

that does not count the following, Notable Broncos eligible for free agency include Matt Prater, Brodrick Bunkley, Brady Quinn, Daniel Fells, Marcus Thomas, Wesley Woodyard and Dante Rosario.

salary cap will be for each team in 2012, it is expected to be in the range of $120 million per team unless something unexpected happens.

The Broncos, including money set aside for insurance and other benefits, have $101.4 million in salary cap commitments on the books for 2012,

Read more: Broncos have some flexibility for both free agents and the draft - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19888292#ixzz1lS2xXzC2
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

so lets stop this moronic talk about using all of that money on manning or the vast majority of it on him.. We have loads of other areas taht are in bigger need thatn an Aging QB that may never be the same guy he was in Indy..

bombay
02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Signing Manning would be a good out for Broncos management if they don't think Tebow will make it. Hard to argue with one of the top ten QBs ever.

RhymesayersDU
02-04-2012, 02:00 PM

We have your permission to end this thread, huh?

TonyR
02-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Q: If you are Peyton Manning and you know you are 100% healthy, don't you want Indy to cut you? Indy is in total rebuilding mode and drafting your replacement do you really want to waste your last 2-3 years on a team going nowhere? Here's my idea, Peyton should wear a neck brace when he meets with the Colts like an old school wrestling heel trying to get out of a fight. Indy then cuts him thinking he's done, he goes on to a contender for less money and gets his revenge. Is it possible this has been Peyton's plan all along and we've all just gotten worked?
Chris, N.J.

SG: Love the way you're thinking. If you noticed, he's now saying that his neck is 100 percent healed, but HIS VELOCITY hasn't come back yet. Supposedly he's only throwing about 80 percent as well as the old Peyton. Hmmmmmmmmm. Could you blame Peyton if he was pulling a Verbal Kint, easing up on his velocity, making himself seem like slightly damaged goods, and angling for a buyout (maybe 40 percent of that $28 million) so he didn't have to spend his last few seasons playing for Jim Irsay on this mess of a Colts team with Andrew Luck breathing down his surgically repaired neck? If that's the plan, he's a genius. As long as a healthy Peyton doesn't end up on the Jets. Because then I'd be pissed.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7536111/the-half-bag-super-bag

lonestar
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
We have your permission to end this thread, huh?

Yep time to stop manning to Denver talk as it is crazy.

First of all he does not want to end his career in DEN we are rebuilding just about as bad as the colts are. He wants to go to a team that he can get anther ring after getting another huge contract.

With only 19 mil available as we speak and having loads of holes to fill we flat could not afford him. Plus we have only one top WR in DT no TEs and last but not least JOHN FOX is a run first HC.

BTW he would get killed behind our OL that is designed to run.

Close the thread and move on to something realistic.

TomServo
02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
ol peyton gump(one superbowl win in the superbowl era?)
F-peyton, hes an awesome football tosser.and-but like marino he doesnt and hasnt won a lot of superbowls. peyton at 100% has how many superbowl rings? or Hunt trophys compared to John Elway?
Favre and (p)Manning two superbowl rings, Elway? two rings.

Beantown Bronco
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
SG: Could you blame Peyton if he was pulling a Verbal Kint, easing up on his velocity, making himself seem like slightly damaged goods, and angling for a buyout (maybe 40 percent of that $28 million) so he didn't have to spend his last few seasons playing for Jim Irsay on this mess of a Colts team with Andrew Luck breathing down his surgically repaired neck? If that's the plan, he's a genius.

Ummm, why would they have to buy him out of anything? All they have to do is cut him and they wouldn't have to pay him a dime.

bowtown
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
SG: Could you blame Peyton if he was pulling a Verbal Kint, easing up on his velocity, making himself seem like slightly damaged goods, and angling for a buyout (maybe 40 percent of that $28 million) so he didn't have to spend his last few seasons playing for Jim Irsay on this mess of a Colts team with Andrew Luck breathing down his surgically repaired neck? If that's the plan, he's a genius.

Ummm, why would they have to buy him out of anything? All they have to do is cut him and they wouldn't have to pay him a dime.

Don't you have to reach an injury settlement before cutting an injured player?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm not saying run out and get him, but i think the broncos should inquire. If he's healthy and can be what he was circa 2010, we're talking about a top 5 qb to ever play the game.

Enough of the run first nonsense, enough of the bad receivers/bad line bs. He'd make this team a contender and he wouldnt cost 20 mil a year like so many are suggesting. It's certainly something I'd explore.

And, i agree with whoever said it above. if you wanted out of Tebow, this is pretty much the only way the fanbase would buy into it.

Having said all that, i would still be excited to see how Tebow progresses next season, but I have to admit I've cooled on him a bit because I think the mental aspect of his game is faaaaar behind where it needs to be.

lonestar
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM

correct no mas..

NOT sure when the injury happened but IMO he committed fraud when signing his last contract with the colts as HE knew he was injured and unable to play..

They gave him 23+ mil last year to sit on the bench..

The Colts do not owe him a thing..

Cut him draft Luck and move on to the next chapter..

OR keep him let him play at 70% trade the pick and get a boat load of picks in return for it..

I'd say it is worth maybe as many as 6 picks over the next 3 years.. at least a couple of firsts and a passel of 2s and 3s..

Lets just hope that John E is not the one to give them to the colts. as that would cripple our rebuilding.. as well as cash flow..

lonestar
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not saying run out and get him, but i think the broncos should inquire. If he's healthy and can be what he was circa 2010, we're talking about a top 5 qb to ever play the game.

Enough of the run first nonsense, enough of the bad receivers/bad line bs. He'd make this team a contender and he wouldnt cost 20 mil a year like so many are suggesting. It's certainly something I'd explore.

And, i agree with whoever said it above. if you wanted out of Tebow, this is pretty much the only way the fanbase would buy into it.

Having said all that, i would still be excited to see how Tebow progresses next season, but I have to admit I've cooled on him a bit because I think the mental aspect of his game is faaaaar behind where it needs to be.

What do you not get we have 19 mil and change to spend and still do not have any of our UFA re-signed..

DO you think manning is going to get less than 15 mil a year?

if so your in fantasy land..

Would you cut DOOM who is scheduled to make 15 as a swap?
Or Bailey who is going to make 11?

as for our WR they are all less than 3 year men except royal who has been a no show that past 3 years..

Rumor has it that none of them run great routes percise routes that Manning is used to .. How about TE's they are a joke and our OL is not built to pass protect..

The WR are poor save perhaps DT and he is the only receiving threat they are good at blocking down field for the run..

so in order to make Manning worth any money your going to either want to rebuild the OL for Pass protect, get a great pass catching TE or TWO, and a slot WR as well as number 2 guy.. all for 5 million..

Ahahahahahahahahaha

time for you to come back from fantasy land..

almost forgot we are going to need another RB, MLB, FS, CB or two, DT or three unless we resign Thomas and Bunkley both of which will be expensive.

and last but not least we will need a HC that likes to throw the ball or your 15-20 for manning will be wasted money..

beyond dumb giving one guy 20-25% of your cap that could be a paraplegic in one tackle..

like I said forget manning he would never come to DEN with the rebuilding that still needs to be done here hew will go to a team that he can have a chance of winning a couple more rings..

RhymesayersDU
02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
like I said forget manning he would never come to DEN with the rebuilding that still needs to be done here hew will go to a team that he can have a chance of winning a couple more rings..

How many teams that are legitimate Super Bowl contenders don't already have a QB? San Fran? Houston maybe?

And what happens if that doesn't work out?

I'm not saying Denver should sign him, but the idea that Manning can just pick any team is incorrect. He's going to have to go to a team that isn't great and he's going to have to help make them great.

lonestar
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
How many teams that are legitimate Super Bowl contenders don't already have a QB? San Fran? Houston maybe?

And what happens if that doesn't work out?

I'm not saying Denver should sign him, but the idea that Manning can just pick any team is incorrect. He's going to have to go to a team that isn't great and he's going to have to help make them great.

Actually like Palmer he can pick and choose he does not ave to play again ever.

He has more money than God a HOF invite waiting for the 5th year he stops.

At this stage of his career he can choose not to play anywhere he does not think can win lombardis consistently.

There is PHL, HOU, MIN, KC, Sea, Arizona, Mia, Bal, NYJ, SFO, to name a few that could be better with him as a QB. All would be raised a level with him.

He would not be all that great in DEN because there is loads of holes to fill and not much in a run first Offense to keep him happy.

RhymesayersDU
02-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Actually like Palmer he can pick and choose he does not ave to play again ever.

He has more money than God a HOF invite waiting for the 5th year he stops.

At this stage of his career he can choose not to play anywhere he does not think can win lombardis consistently.

There is PHL, HOU, MIN, KC, Sea, Arizona, Mia, Bal, NYJ, SFO, to name a few that could be better with him as a QB. All would be raised a level with him.

He would not be all that great in DEN because there is loads of holes to fill and not much in a run first Offense to keep him happy.

Sure, he could retire. But let's assume that's off the table.

Philly, Can they take on a QB with Vick there?
Houston - I agree, they could get rid of Shaub.
Min - Tough, do you bench your rookie QB? Maybe.
AZ - Can you take on a QB with Kolb? (salary issues, etc)
Bal - They're not cutting Flacco
NYJ, SFO - Sure, definite possibilities
KC, MIA, SEA - Are they really any better than we are? I don't see any of those 3 teams as such a major step up from us.

IMO I only see 3 truly viable "superbowl now" candidates. Houston, NYJ, SFO. I agree KC/MIA/SEA could be in the mix, but they're no better than we are IMO. This will not be some slam dunk for Manning.

Gort
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM

KC, MIA, SEA - Are they really any better than we are? I don't see any of those 3 teams as such a major step up from us.

IMO I only see 3 truly viable "superbowl now" candidates. Houston, NYJ, SFO. I agree KC/MIA/SEA could be in the mix, but they're no better than we are IMO. This will not be some slam dunk for Manning.

Tampa too. they'd probably be a playoff team with Manning.

lonestar
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM

You asked for other teams I gave them to you..
All of those teams would be better at QB than what they have and many are close to be PO teams and we all have seen that almost anything can happen once your in the PO..

as for MIA KC and SEA all have a hell of a lot more starting talent and backups than we do..

Most of them have been drafting top ten for the past decade.. that also means that they get another pick under 40 and under 75..

Kind of like what we did this past year.. got loads of talent in that draft..but then most of the time we have been picking in the teens and 20's the past decade.. and even then mikey DAFTED poorly..

he acually got more out of the 4th rounders or worse than his day one picks (you know what should have been the core of the team).

those teams have been laying a foundation for the past few years and now are player or two from having break out years..